GoToConnect

The first-ever truly unified voice and video solution.

4.5 /5 (578 reviews) Write a Review!

Ardalon F.
  • Industry: Legal Services

An utter failure of cloud based phone services, at least for mobile apps.

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

This company simply cannot deliver MOST of what if promises when you sign up. Their mobile app is an utter failure. Their concept and price structure is great; sadly, the services just don't work. Here are the items that do not actually work:

1. Call Waiting (if you can believe it!). If you accept any call that comes through on call waiting, it will automatically disconnect the other caller. After extensive discussion with the tech team and management, they simply said its they don't see any way of fixing this feature, which is just unbelievable.

2. Also, their Caller ID will NEVER alert you that you have an incoming call while you're on an active call on your iPhone because it does not make any sounds to alert you of the incoming call. Again, after extensive troubleshooting with the tech team and a manager, they simply blamed it on Apple with no foreseeable fixes in the future.

3. If you have multiple phone numbers like I do, their system is not setup to let you choose which number you can call out from. Their app does not display your phone numbers, so its always a guessing game.

NOTE: They will tell you that they have created a new mobile App called GoToConnect which resolves the issues. DO NOT BELIEVE THIS! Their new app resolves NOTHING. It has more limitations than their preceding app called JIVE, which is an equal failure.

4. Their caller ID is a failure because it displays the caller's number using a moving banner that is too slow to see

Pros

Pricing is good. that's all. But still not worth all of the failed features.

Cons

The most basic features of their mobile app does not work. See review for detailed explanation. A lot of false promises were made by ambitious sales people, none of which they were able to keep. I have no idea how anyone could leave a positive review for this company.

Chelsea D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great for all budgets!

Reviewed on 20/3/2019

As a new business owner I needed to keep things small and within my budget. Jive solved those problems and is very affordable. Anytime I have a question I can call and they will help me out. They treat me with respect and I will gladly keep paying for their services.

Pros

I love the fact that I can answer calls anywhere and I can text clients back and forth without giving my personal cell phone number. I can update my voicemail when the office is closed for a holiday.

Cons

I wish my clients could send pictures within the text.

Matt T.
  • Industry: Printing

Reliable and affordable full feature VOIP system

Reviewed on 2/4/2019

Pros

The admin administration tool makes it easy to update and manage the phones, and the initial deployment was very smooth, just had to plug them in and since they were preconfigured they were ready to go. Other than that they are worry free they just work, which is what you want in a phone system.

Cons

I would say the only thing that isn't optimal is on the Jive mobile app it keeps getting singed out when you turn off your phone or let it go to sleep overnight. That means if you are expecting a call do come to your cell phone via the Jive mobile app you may miss the call if you are not logged into the app software.

Melanie B.

After trying this software you cant go back!

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Pros

Having ONE application to interact with all employees AND customers. Video calling is without a doubt the best way to answer questions from customers when it comes to the visual aspect of construction. It allows us to assess the situation twice as fast and it puts our customers at ease. We use this application strictly for non intake customers. I cannot tell you how nice it is to not give out our personal cell phones or have them get tied up or put on hold in our old multi line phone.

Cons

Sometimes the call quality cuts out, which can be frustrating during service calls. Customer service can be a bit of a hassle as well.

A must have service for any business

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

My experience has been increased productivity, lower stress levels and so much easier to complete all I need to do each day, Thank you again Jive you have made my world better.

Pros

Jive is easy to set-up and maintain. Using Jive for my business means I can now handle three times as many clients while still offering the personal touch that I am still present with them during training. Not once have I experienced a down time and not been able to perform the reach outs I need to make each day.Thank you Jive for making my life more productive, profitable and reliable.

Cons

I would only add features to how we can sort out distribution lists into categories of different list names. This would be some help to track with a printable list to take with you on the road. I have no other observations where improvements could be made. I am sincerely satisfied with Jive.

Jennifer B.

Excellent service, CRM integration, user portal, customer support and value.

Reviewed on 14/6/2018

Ease of logging call history with CRM integration.

Pros

Once set up, with wonderful onboarding assistance, the system has been on autopilot! The few times I have needed support, the assistance was great!

Cons

I don't have anything I don't like about the experience related to Jive. Our only issue has been with our router which is owned by our internet service provider. Unfortunately updates reset some configurations. I'm looking into a Jive provided router to alleviate this uncommon but nonetheless annoying INTERNET PROVIDER issue.

Elizabeth T.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Jive is great!

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Pros

Jive is easy to use. There is an app that is super helpful especially for people working from home. The online system is very intuitive. Customer service is AMAZING! Our phone systems always work and having Jive means there is one less thing to worry about!

Cons

I wish they had more hold music options, although I believe there is an option to upload your own.

Skyler G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Intuitive. Easy. Functional

Reviewed on 2/4/2019

Great experience so far. Any questions I've had have been answered quickly. The support team knows their stuff.

Pros

Setting up the call flow was really easy. I've used a few other VOIP call center programs before and this was by far the easiest to set up and use.

Cons

In my opinion, the scheduling feature needs to be a little more complex. Simply having open, closed, or holiday is useful but it would be great if there were special scheduling options that allowed for specific call routing at odd times
My company is small and occasionally we are all in a meeting so it would be nice if there was a mode or special scheduling option that could be implemented during those times that did not require us to change the call flow in the dial plans.

Margaret T.
  • Industry: Legal Services

If there is ever an issue, they are always able to resolve it.

Reviewed on 7/6/2018

Pros

The software is easy to use. However, if one is in need of assistance, or diagnostic for an issue, customer service has always been good at resolving any issues or assisting me in diagnosing issues that may not be Jive related.

Cons

There are little to no cons associated with this system short of some occasional interference or disruption of service due to internet service providers. The online portal could be a bit more simplified.

Kate C.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Recommend

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

I would not say we are solving per say a problem. But the support and software has been great.

Pros

Love that you can use it on your phone via the app, just as if you would be in the office. Also, customer support is pretty amazing. They have always solved my problems.

Cons

It is tough to find where what is in the admin portal. There is a lot of options, so it takes a while going through it all. I personally do not use it often enough to be really familiar.

Shirley W.

Easy to use VOIP flexible system

Reviewed on 16/5/2018

We found this system when we were looking for a new phone vendor last year. We like the phones we get through them, and they are very constructive and helpful when we're trying to solve issues (like adding new clients and new phone trees). They work to make sure our IT person understands what's available so he can administer most of it for us. When the power is out or something happens and we need to switch trees they do it for us on the fly (usually 2-5 minutes).

Pros

This is SO easy to setup and administer. We can build different phone trees for different clients or different needs and implement those as we need to. Customer Service is very nice and quick--they fix most things on the fly.

Cons

We can't set up different ring tones for different companies, but so far that's been the primary "con." The system is easy to use and Customer Service is great.

Rachel R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Pretty Pleased

Reviewed on 2/4/2019

I like Jive. It is flexible and works well (as long as the internet does). Support is responsive and helpful. I would recommend Jive.

Pros

I love that there is a mobile app so we can use phones from outside the office, or when the internet is down, with it still being the business phone numbers.

Cons

That it has to rely on an internet connection, so when Comcast goes down, so do the phones (thus my excitement about the mobile app in the "pros" section). The customer support is good, but the online platform to change dial plans, record messages, etc. is cumbersome. It all works, it's just not intuitive, and I hate having to call support as often as I do.

Erin N.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Jive - Phone away from Phone

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

It's a nice integrated way to stay connected.

Pros

I use Jive to connect me to my desk phone when I'm not in the office. It helps me stay connected to the phone traffic, emailing me when I have voicemails, and allows me to listen to them even right from my laptop. It helps me stay connected to that arm of business when I'm stuck in meetings.

Cons

I'm not sure if they don't have the capability, or if it is a feature we don't have - but I would love to have the voicemails translated to text so I can see them in my email. Then I'd have the option, on the go, to respond to those voicemails with text or email.

Gabrielle G.

Great for small businesses/start-ups that want an established presence

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

Pros

This phone system has multiple great features and customizable options. There are endless options for creating separate lines, call groups, voicemail options, directories, etc. Will take your business from feeling like a home office to a corporation with a professional presence. There are also helpful apps that allow you to control and use the system from anywhere so access is never restricting.

Cons

This system offers a multitude of great features. The only things missing (but have been said to be in the works) are transcribed voicemail to text/email messages and the ability to send and receive SMS messages from the phone numbers.

Cory K.

Recommended for Businesses that Need More Functions and Features in Their Phone Menus

Reviewed on 21/8/2018

The overall experience with Jive has been positive.

Pros

I like how many options, features, and functions the software has to offer for VoIP phone systems. The software is easy-to-use for those who are versed in software configuration. I also like that the app for it gets rid of the need for companies to buy their employees company cell phones. With the app, all you need is Internet to receive and send calls from your work number.

Cons

I don't like some of the hidden costs. Make sure to discuss all associated costs with your sales representative.

Take your business wherever you go!

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

Our staff can work from home in many different states.

Pros

Software phones, which allow access for your computer, no hard phone needed.
Dial Plans
Ability to change messages and turn phone on and off easily
Competitive
Available technical support

Cons

Report features are not practical, too much analysis needed to use the information
Hold times are factored into an employee's extension (giving false information on how long they are on a call. Also, if calls are made internally, only minutes are recorded to the initiator. Again, an employee is not getting credit for taking a call.

Jodi J.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Satisfied Practice

Reviewed on 2/4/2019

I am quite satisfied with Jive. My practice is a small surgical center with a satellite office. When opening the satellite office, instead of having a separate phone number, we were able to purchase phones and create extensions that allow us to transfer calls between offices and eliminates the patients having to call multiple numbers. Jive is very reasonably priced as well.

Pros

I began using Jive having received no training from the person I replaced. Every time I have called Customer Service, which trust me, has been a multitude of times, the person I spoke with has been very professional and helpful. They always take time to ask how your day is going and at the end of the call ask if there is anything else they can help you with.

Cons

I currently have no complaints related to Jive.

Becki A.
  • Industry: Accounting

Jive has been an excellent choice for our business !! Easy to use and features are excellent !!

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

Pros

I love that I can transfer our phones from anywhere, I do not have to be near the phone. If we have any technical difficulties at an office I can log in from any computer and forward phones to another. My clients no longer have to wait on hold, they can be rerouted from one location to another. The system is amazing and even my lesser then tech saavy employees can figure it out !!!

Cons

We have an older phone system and due to upgrades I can no longer add additional handsets without replacing the base. Not a huge deal but would be handy to just order handsets in the future.

Cary C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Jive is toos

Reviewed on 28/8/2018

Overall, they are a good company to work with. If I was to compare them to other VoIP host, they are the best but is that good enough. Customers are extremely demanding and being the best of a subpar service industry is not tolerated. They should support their partners almore when it comes to failures on their part. Be proactive in testing and implementation, not reactive.

Pros

Jive has made the implementation of their services very smooth. The phone Retal is extremely user friendly for both the customer and the partner.

Cons

Jive has dropped the ball on intergrating with non-VoIP compatible systems such as access controls. They have made improvements with this but it’s still a point of frustration. Jive also commits to supporting older VoIP equipment but in the end are unable to do so on some models. I would suggest they thoroughly test before committing to supporting it.

5yrs and still satisified

Reviewed on 15/6/2018

substantial cost savings year over year with fully administrative capability. If you want to perform much of the admin yourself (I do!) the incredibly robust capabilities make it possible to create a system that rivals far more expensive large scale corporate phone solutions.

Pros

feature rich for an exceptionally affordable service. allows a SMB to leverage capabilities that simulate larger scale company profiles. Positive interaction with reps and developers allows for valued evolution of the product to maintain pace with industry advancements. For a telecom background admin, the platform provides robust capabilities but rabbit holes are also a danger! Cloud provisioning allows easy admin from any location. Formerly week basic reporting just recently enhanced (in beta) and looking very promising. Improved mobile app allows for reliable out of office experience call management.

Cons

proprietary platform requires that some features are deployed using building blocks rather than one touch provisioning for some basic needs. That is as negative as it gets.

Matthewq H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Chief Clerk

Reviewed on 21/8/2018

We are managing individual productivity better with the monitoring capabilities Jive offers and the reassurance and reliability of record keeping and management of incoming and outgoing calls has been a terrific safety net with customers. Customer service/tech support is perhaps the absolute best feature of the service. The technicians are outstanding, knowledgeable, friendly and professional and always aware of the pressure on our end to resolve issues quickly and effectively. And the follow up is truly exceptional, I have never, ever experienced this level of support from any company. In this regard the company is truly outstanding. I recommend Jive to my business colleagues and wholeheartedly endorse the service and software. To say it makes my job responsibilities more effective and more pleasant would be a gross understatement. I would give Jive my highest recommendation of any vendor we deal with.

Pros

It has features which are very useful.
1. Monitoring individual user time and calls
2. Complete lists of incoming and outgoing calls to particular numbers
3. The easy ability to change the ring group from the receptionist to all users
4. Regular service updates on service issues

Cons

Nothing. It is exactly what we need and want

Stephan O.

Jive has been a great add to my business. Does what I need, how I need it, at a reasonable...

Reviewed on 15/6/2018

Pros

I like that Jive is completely customizable and intuitive, and we can alter and edit our call routing and auto-attendant services, etc. ourselves, without needing to get customer support involved. That's awesome.

I looked around at a slew of providers and went with Jive. I've been very happy with the decision. Jive does everything that I need, and does it well. And they don't nickle & dime you on features -- their standard pricing includes a lot for the money.

I've also been very impressed with the sound quality too. Their up-time has been stellar as well.
I also like how responsive their support is too. On the very few occasions that I've had a question or needed to know how do something, they've been readily available.

Cons

Surprisingly, nothing quickly jumps to mind. Virtually the only minor thing that I could see Jive altering, is to perhaps include some other options for the storage of recordings. Right now, recording capabilities require linkage with an Amazon AWS account. It would be nice to have some additional options, like perhaps within Jive itself, or on Google Drive, locally stored, etc.

Austin H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great product and even better customer support!

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Smart people. Great prices. Terrific project management.

Pros

They make it really easy to add and remove users. The billing is very straight forward. Their project management team does an amazing job!

Cons

I don’t have any negatives to say about Jive or Logmein. They have been a great partner and resource.

Amber L.

The Customer Service Is Outstanding!

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

It has been amazing! Again, we have never had any of the issues with dropped calls or static on the line that we have had with other VOIP companies.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is it doesn't malfunction or break! We have been with other VOIP companies and have experienced dropped calls, static, silence, etc as the norm. But not with Jive! I have never had a dropped call or an issue with static. The only time I have ever had to call in to tech support was when I needed help setting something up. My wait time to speak with someone has always been less than 3 minutes, each tech support agent is equally knowledgeable and if I couldn't figure out how to do what they were suggesting, they would log on to my computer and show me how to do it. I love this company!

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. I have never had any issues and Jive makes my life easier as I don't have to deal with phone issues. If the phones are down, it is a major issue for our company.

Scott K.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Current Jive User

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

We feel as though we have made a great move by switching over to Jive. We would definitely do it again if we had to do it over.

Pros

The software has MUCH better quality than our past software. The clarity and connection is much crisper and cleaner and the the down time is almost none. We are very happy with our change over to Jive. The on-boarding support team was very good too.

Cons

There is not much we do not like about this software. Everything has been great since we took on Jive. The only thing we can possibly point out is the on-boarding support team was good but it did take us a while to port all of our numbers over.