Tammy B.
  • Industry: Publishing

It appears to have it all until you use it.

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Not Good. Really ambitious to make it work I like the concept but they make it very hard to be a client.

Pros

I like that it can process both bank or credit card payments for receivables. It can provide automation too but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I like the price. And I like that it linked into xero. It appears to have it all until you use it.

Cons

1) Its not easy to use, no introduction. 2) the automation component never worked for me I know I had to get PAD on but I wanted it on for some clients off for others and this was not an easy thing to set. It also doesn't allow me to store the credit card something like Quickbooks online I had in mind but this is a complete oversight to the program. I guess if automation actually worked then this could solve this issue. 3) Ya I was very confused but when my clients couldn't figure it out either, some ended up with duplicate payments pulled from their accounts etc. No help to fix very embarrassing. 4) their live chat is not live. You ask a question and wait. Fine to get started but even in the middle of conversation to deal with issues they just disappear. The conversation is not live. Sometimes they don't even read my questions which makes me think not a real person is helping me. 5) Money holding ridiculous! If a client due date on invoice was 30 days and they paid me next day I had to wait until what my invoice said for due date on payment. Plus when money drops into my account there is no PLOOTO ID on the deposit. Very confusing for trying to reconcile. 6) Plooto reconciled in Xero in its own little account but doesn't reconcile with the bank account. Weird and confusing.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

User friendly but wished that Accounts receivable had more options

Reviewed on 23/12/2020

The problem that arises is that we as a small organization end up paying for two software because some of our vendors pay by credit card so we are spending more money on Plooto.

Pros

Multiple options for accounts payable which makes it easy set approval tier and to transfer funds

Cons

I highly recommend that Plooto starts accepting payments via credit card or email AR. While this is an option for AP it should be implemented for AR too. Secondly as a 4 member organization we wished there was a non-profit pricing range.

Danny R.

Integral Software for Accounting

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

My experience has been very good! Been very happy with product in the past few years that I have been using it for my clients.

Pros

I like the integration with QBO and that it makes it easy for me to process payments with the appropriate checks and balances of approvals. The software also helps in confirming whether the bank information being provided is valid or not. So easy to use!!!

Cons

The only Con that I could think of is that it becomes a bit expensive for those that have very little transactions monthly where the fixed monthly fee does not get fully utilized.

Luke D.

I saved hours of work and thousands of dollars using plooto

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

Overall I'm very happy with Plooto, will continue to use it and encourage other business to use it.

Pros

It's way cheaper than credit card fees and saves time over cashing cheques.

Cons

Some payment changes can take a little longer than I feel they should. I tried to cancel a payment that was to be debited later that day. It still went through because it was too short notice.

Sherry E.

Plooto Works Great

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Good customer service and very functional software.

Pros

Plooto has the functionality and the security that I need for my clients. It works well and require little time for my clients to approve.

Cons

I wish they went back to the per payment pricing they had before. It worked better for my client who pays maybe 5 one month and then 50 the next.

Darshi K.

Plooto Review

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

excellent software, very easy to setup and use

Pros

Ease of use, easy setup and integrated well with the Xero software

Cons

Fees per transaction increased this year

Keri H.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Plooto as 3rd Party ACH Provider

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

My overall experience has been great. Customer service is timely and helpful. This software has saved me countless hours of which I don't have to spare!

Pros

The integration with Quickbooks Online is simple and makes my A/R seamless. I love that my clients set up an ACH agreement one time and moving forward I request and process my A/R with a click of a button. I can also select which account I want the deposit to go to. Data is easy to download for reconciliation purposes as well.

Cons

I would like to see a default bank account option so I don't have to select a bank account for each transaction. I would also love for the deposit times to improve.

Mary T.

ease of use

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

Not having to write cheques and mail them out

Inputing the invoices only once in our Accounting Software and then Plooto does the work

Very time and cost effective and being in the Cloud, can work from anywhere!

Pros

the ease of syncing invoices from Xero to plooto

Like that Plooto now issue cheque to our vendors that does not want to provide their banking info

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at this time based on our requirments

Edgar B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Convenient but limited functionality

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

The product is straightforward to use but I wish that customer service was more responsive and clearer. Looking forward to knowing the limits and future features of the product better.

Pros

It is very useful to facilitate cross border payments, the pre-loading for funds to accelerate payments is appreciated. The ability to automate regular payments and populate a transaction is high.

Cons

The cross border receivables are extremely limited, the amount is too low to collect receivables across the border. I would like better communication as to what my options are and how to pre-qualify different vendors.

Michelle R.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

A great timesaver (no more running around town for director signatures)

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

As a small charity, when COVID-19 hit and social distancing measures were put in place, getting signatures on cheques from off-site directors was a problem. Then the office closed down and I no longer had access to the one director in the office. Another director had used Plooto with another organisation she was involved with and recommended it. We found it relatively easy to setup and get started with.
Because our income is all by donation we don't use the accounts receivable option.

Pros

Being able to set authorization levels and have dual signatures required was essential for us. As a charity it is important to have oversight by more than one director.
Writing then chasing down signatures when issuing 60+ grant cheques at once was time consuming. It's much faster (and easier) to simply setup the payments as approvals come in then let the directors authorize at a time convenient to them.

Cons

We linked it to our accounting software and it would be nice if a transaction number was input into the accounting software in case we need to track between the two systems.

Abigail F.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reliable and easy to use software

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Overall satisfied with the service

Pros

Plooto is reliable and easy to use. The price is inline with other similar products. I like that there is no contract and that we can put the account on hold at any time

Cons

Could be better value for the cost. Only 10 transactions included with the base fee - other similar products have many more transactions included for not much more cost

Jay A.

From my experiences

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

Generally good but customer service really needs work. I had a failed transfer attempt and it took well over a month and multiple emails to get my money put back in my account.

Pros

It's really easy to use and save me a ton of headaches. No messing around with wires. Payments go direct to accounts so little delay.

Cons

The account balances should be on the landing page. The first thing I want to know is how much is there

Interesting that you ask about financial reporting and reconciliation. It is terrible. Really hard to reconcile the accounts. You should have something more like a bank statement. The info that can be downloaded is really convaluted. Really frustrating. I have recommended Plooto quite a few times but I always say "be warned, the reconciliation process is basically non-existent"

Reuben M.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Brookside

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

Pros

Saves time for not sending cheques in mail

Cons

Payroll option might be handy.

Scott B.

Great Fintech solution for AP/AR

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Team has been responsive and platform is a simple to use and saves time . Allows us to focus on what we need to do to run our business.

Pros

AP was seamless in implementing CDN/US. Loved the integration to Quickbooks online and iit worked perfectly.

Cons

Multi-currency on US receivables. Product worked perfectly in Canada but US setup for AR has been challenging. It worked on some accounts but various requirements on ACH, wires , currency reconciliation all make it tough. Although most other solutions have same issues.

Stacy S.

Time Saver

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

It's been great. Chat line has been helpful and overall the learning curve has been gentle.

Pros

Plooto has been a great pain point solver. For some clients it about receiving money from their customers and Plooto has a solution. For others it was that the appropriate people were never in the same room to be able to review and sign cheques, Plooto has a solution for that as well.

Cons

I really appreciate the bank rules and the security around transferring money, it can be a pain sometimes to have to wait 5 days for money to move from one bank to the other, however, I am secure in the process and like being informed along the way.

Virginia M.

Wonderful Product!

Great customer service since I started using it 4 years ago

Pros

Ease of use was key when I was looking for a program and Plooto fit the bill.

Cons

There should be an app as there are times I have needed to complete the payment requests on the road and its hard to do on the phone.

David B.

Accounts Receivable Subscriptions

Good

Pros

Scheduled, recurring, pre-authorized auto debits

Cons

reporting
integration of auto recurring transactions with Quickbooks

Scott R.

Great for Consultants

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

Wire and EFT transfers can be expensive and Plooto is a great cost-effective option to get money to contractors and employees

Pros

-Easy to use and navigate
-Automatically syncs to our accounting software
-Low-cost option for paying contractors and employee expenses
-Easy onboarding for payees

Cons

-Length of time for cash to deposit into payees accounts
-I cannot pay a contractor in Mexico

Theresa T.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Travel Sense Co review

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

I think plooto is easy to use.

Pros

I love the functionality of being able to process payroll to my team. The ease of that as opposed to sending checks is great

Cons

I feel the time between process and when my team member receives payment is long. And the cost to process is higher than, say a stamp to mail a check. I don't use it enough to warrant a monthly fee. I liked the per transaction charge instead.

Kit F.

Plooto Review

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

I didn't enjoy the customer service. Communication between emails felt like a robot talking to me. The chat function is a robot. Phone# is just a voice message, not useful. There are glitches within the program even with the settings. A lot of room for improvement.

Pros

integration with other apps, pay bills..

Cons

receiving payment, processing time is too long
Settings has many problems

Diana S.

Plooto Bill Payments

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Relatively good, but as I said earlier, reconciling is a nightmare, there is no real way to see what is happening in the back end.

Pros

I really like that I can set up approval tiers, I also appreciate that once it is set up it is relatively easy for my clients to use.

Cons

The reporting features are pretty much non existent and reconciling can be a nightmare if using Plooto Instant especially with my high volume clients. I also don't think that you should charge a subscription fee, especially if the client is doing high volumes as some of my clients do. There is also no partner program or incentives for accounting professionals who recommend and implement it to our clients.

• Industry: Entertainment

You get what you pay for- If you're a serious business, don't bother

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

Cost Efficient

Ok- at least support responded if anyone was actually available.

Cons

Absolute disaster if you need funds transferred in any reliable or consistent time frame. The bigger the amount, the longer the wait took for a wire transfer to push through. I imagine it's because funds were being hoarded to capitalize in gains or wherever it was being held (6 figures sums took multiple weeks at points).

Terrible breaking between Quickbooks and Xero for existing customers. Failed multiple time on cash transfers, racked up charges.

If you're using it for personal use, I guess it's better than other means- I would just Venmo in that case honestly. If it's for serious business- DO NOT use. Especially if you do any kind of wiring of large funds in the six figure and up range. You will regret it, payments will be late, and you will rack up charges on returned payments and kill cash liquidity on the long waiting periods. Product not yet ready for mainstream business use in my opinion.

Ryan P.

Excellent Accounts Payable System

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

Pros

Easily handles multiple currencies, sync with Xero easily, handles emailing contacts

Cons

Nothing really that I can think of. Really great software

Boyd T.

Makes payments SO EASY

Reviewed on 10/1/2017

I started using this in early 2016 on the recommendation of a customer who is a bookkeeper. It's made payroll to my ICs and suppliers a piece of cake. Hours of writing cheques and later on reconciling payments and Interac e-transfer fees is done in a matter of minutes. This integrates well with Xero, and when I've had questions they respond quickly.

Pros

integration with cloud accounting software

Cons

It takes a few days for recipients to receive funds.

Response from Plooto

Thanks Boyd, we're constantly working to release additional features to make your payments simpler and easier.

Dylan R.
  • Industry: Wholesale

gogglesoc

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Good! However, we switched to Oracle Netsuite and so our system is no longer integrated with Plooto.

Pros

Easy to set up payments. It was preferred method when we used Xero.

Cons

Delay in sending payments was sometimes inconvenient, but was reasonable considering the discounted price of making payments.