Smartsheet

4.5 (3,252)
Write a Review!
An online work execution platform for any size organization.

(3,252)
4.4/5

Megan
Megan
  • Industry: Insurance

Critical in daily management

Reviewed on 9/7/2021

I absolutely love the software and the company. The system meets our needs and is flexible when we need to make adjustments. While the cost is fairly high to start up, annually it is worth the cost, as it streamlines our processes and allows us to be more efficient.

Pros

This is the tool we use every day, every hour, to track all of our enrollments and clients. Our team monitors enrollments and other CRM tools don't give us the flexibility to track multiple events and data points. It's Excel but on steroids with multiple functions and features. We're using it more and more every day for reporting up to our management team on progress for our client events.

Cons

I'm not so good at the formulaic side of things and making sheets talk to each other, or building a dashboard, is not an intuitive process. There are not step by step instructions or visuals which is something I need personally. It's a lot of trial and error in getting things set up. When I first started, it was very expensive to work with someone who helped build the infrastructure base and looking back there are many things I'd have done differently if I'd understood it a little better. A lot of the consultation time was wasted in trying to get the person to understand what we were trying to achieve.

Grace
Grace
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Smartsheet is a fantastic resource for teamwork

Reviewed on 21/8/2023

Using Smartsheet, our team is able to centralize our paperwork, more accurately claim and monitor our work, improve our ability to interact with one another, and gain deeper insight into any lingering tasks.

Pros

The best part about using Smartsheets is that you can keep all of your information in one place, including notes, files, and contacts. The system is intuitive because it is laid out similarly to common spreadsheets but with additional features.

Cons

It's not simple to put in place. Only one person, in close collaboration with a SmartSheet expert, is responsible for initial setup and ongoing maintenance. It wouldn't be as useful to us without the assistance of a SmartSheet wizard available only to our internal staff.

Joshua
  • Industry: Government Administration

The future of Project Management software

Reviewed on 24/5/2024

Pros

Smartsheet offers a simple, yet powerful cloud based project management solution. It helps us keep upper management aware of the status of all projects.

Cons

There is nothing that we do not like about Smartsheet.

Balaji
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great tool for project schedule management

Reviewed on 16/8/2022

Overall this is one of the great tool to manage the huge and long term projects. We have more options to customize the work flow. If doesn't hesitate to spend time in automating the work flow, we can get a perfect platform to mange your projects in one place. People who used to manage their projects in excel and google docs can easily used to smartsheet platform.

Pros

It has vast number of features and options. This can be a great option for those people who work on bigger and longer projects. Its one platform to manager you project task, status, and reports.

Cons

When the account is with huge data/records it takes too much time to load the page. Literally some times it take more than 15 mins and we keep refreshing the page. This is a huge pain at times. they need to look in this area on how to optimize the performance.

Kaleb

Really Smart Sheets

Reviewed on 13/4/2024

Love it. Cannot imagine going back to work without it

Love it. Cannot imagine going back to work without it

Pros

Love the ability to collaborate with multiple people and use forms to collect data

Cons

Having to use the complicated language for rules. I’d love if there you could type what you want it to do in word rather than formulas.

Tavaris
  • Industry: Computer Games

All in one project management software

Reviewed on 3/6/2024

I use it to keep track of a few project and I don't have any problem keeping track of them

Pros

It good pms not too many issues and this is perfect for large team.

Cons

Learning the UI was a little challenging to start. Some more simple is needed

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Cheaper solution to my software needs and budget
Franklin

PM and TM in One Spot

Reviewed on 20/4/2024

Pros

With Smartsheet, I am able to manage projects and tasks automatically on the go via mobile application.

Cons

I have been using it in nearly all agencies that I am currently enrolled and just works fine.

Surace
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Brilliant Tool for Project Portfolio Management

Reviewed on 22/4/2024

Task and project management.

Team communication.

Task and project management.

Team communication.

Pros

Ever since I started using Smartsheet, it has never been hectic to manage tasks and projects.

Cons

Smartsheet is the most iconic tool that barely has any drawback.

Bonnie

Exceptional Project Management Platform.

Reviewed on 6/5/2024

I like how it's simple now to view work status with Smartsheet.

I like how it's simple now to view work status with Smartsheet.

Pros

It is simple to plan and manage daily tasks and projects with Smartsheet smartly.It is simple to organize projects and workflows efficiently with Smartsheet.Smartsheet enhance seamless team collaboration.

Cons

Smartsheet makes project management process to be easier thus no downside to highlight.

Emily

Helpful tool

Reviewed on 21/5/2024

Pros

Project tracking with completion. Communication through email when tasks are updated. Ease of assigning tasks to others to complete. Being able to share information in the form of attaching documents to each line item is helpful.

Cons

Without a user license you miss a lot of key features. A bit difficult to learn formulas (like Excel but harder).

Jordan

Versatile Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

We use Smartsheet in lots of ways -- from spinning up dashboards to show our operations teams how they're doing on any given day to managing data transfers from sales to operations to crafting project plans for implementations to tracking survey responses when projects are completed. It's an incredibly versatile tool that, with a little creativity, can produce amazing results.

Pros

I love how accessible and customizable the product is. We're able to make it do so much to integrate various departments and help work flow across the organization.

Cons

Some of the features aren't carried from sheet to sheet when you save as a Template or save a project as "new", and having to reconfigure alert rules can be time consuming.

Sara
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Love the versatility

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

I love the webinars on new services and the ability to become certified to use this tool- its such a time saver and I love that if I think of something I need to do on my commute home- I can just pull it up on my phone. Overall I would recommend it to my text company too- I would rather use Smart sheet as a project management tool than any tool designed for math brains that isn't as freestyle.

Pros

I love this software. I love the pick up and go aspect where I can access it on all my devices. I love the automatic saves- because I am terrible at remembering to save, and I love the ability to attach files and tag people for projects. I used the software at my previous company for creative project management and now I'm using it like agile for product development builds. Its great for tracking and overall roadmapping. I wouldn't use anything else when I can do everything I want right here!

Cons

All the issues I've had have been solved in new releases but it would be wonderful if I could build graphic pages in the software- I'm hoping that comes soon. Like a mobile photoshop or powerpoint or image tool.

Agile CRM

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The ability to be a wiki spreadsheet overall won our vote. Its for people who use both left and right brain.
Kevin W
  • Industry: Banking

Smartsheet Viepoint from Power Excel User

Reviewed on 29/9/2021

Overall experience has been terrific for project management and collaboration.

Overall experience has been terrific for project management and collaboration.

Pros

Love workflow capabilities, automations, ability to designate column types, column types that allow multiple selections (not available in Excel data validation), collaboration, ability to immediately see cell changes, ability to track cell changes via cell history.

Cons

Lack of worksheet tabbing often means sheets have way too many columns than I prefer (makes navigation unwieldy). I use the product a lot to track descriptive/narrative changes to cells; while it's easy to see a cell that has been changed based on an update request, and the history of the before and after, it would be very beneficial to be able to see the changes in change-tracking mode like Word such that edits are more readily visible. While I like the ability to designate columns by type, for example a checkbox column, there are times when I'd like to be able to designate only a range of cells in a column as a certain type, then be able to use a different type in the rest of the column.

Jessica
Jessica

It's simple to monitor progress and simultaneously work on a project

Reviewed on 18/5/2022

Implementation and usability simplicity. Tasks can be scheduled and rescheduled. Organization of teams at one place. Achieving the best possible results as a team. Instant messaging and online talking through the internet. Project budgeting and planning capabilities. Plugins and configurations are easy to use.

Pros

This app's ease of use and ability to manage projects and send updates are fantastic. Easily adjustable and a lifesaver when it comes to streamlining the way work gets done and keeping track of individual tasks. It is a more business-oriented variant of the other spreadsheet applications. Templates might also be useful.

Cons

My wish is that reminders and automatic emails based on task management/workflow would be sent. It has been a while since I used this, so things may have changed. This would be a significant advancement in the software's capabilities.

Connie
  • Industry: Banking

Smartsheet Review

Reviewed on 4/8/2022

This software can be used in so many applications with no code necessary to create automations, dashboards and data aggregation from other sources. We have been able to redeploy thousands of working hours from administrative duties to value add activites.

Pros

Product can be purchased with a limited number of licenses to gain knowledge and champions to scale. This allows for a low cost entry point. Users do not have to be licences to use the software only to create or edit an existing Smartsheet.

Cons

The only issue we have encountered so far was the challenges to get our organization to scale its use. However, after 6 years we now see widespread use of the software with licenced active users in most departments.

Microsoft Project and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

We outgrew our Microsoft tools and required something far more robust to manage all the projects and operational support issues that had been assigned to the Process Excellence & CI team.

Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Ease of use, quick start up, minimal learning curve, accessibility for all staff without a licence, good product support and access to experts for more complex solutions, excellent user conferences and webinars to learn advanced features for the program, affordability, wide range of solutions beyond project management and Kanban if you want to scale to their platinum product, well developed Smartsheet Community with so many questions answered when you google it, Smartsheet Certification available.
Brandon
Brandon
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Our team uses Smartsheet for constant project tracking

Reviewed on 24/7/2023

With the SaaS solution Smartsheet, we've been able to build robust, individualized dashboards and perform integrations and data collecting from a single or several databases connected to customer relationship management tools like Jira and Salesforce. The ability to design individualized forms for content filtering has proved invaluable, as has the incorporation of features such as comments, reminders, attachments, and optimizations.

Pros

Every aspect of our sales activities is immediately managed through Smartsheet. Smartsheet serves as a central hub for all customer data entry for both our in-house and external marketing teams.

Cons

The customer service has a lot to be desired, with slow response times and ineffectiveness even when dealing with simple issues. There are a variety of aspects that might affect the overall usability, including visibility and user experience.

Amanda
Amanda

Smartsheet streamlines our project processes

Reviewed on 16/8/2023

Smartsheet has simplified our team's ability to collaborate by allowing us to easily share and trade spreadsheets and datasheets. The data can only be seen and changed by authorized users.

Pros

The software provides an intuitive user interface and a wide variety of tools for data visualization and management, including dashboards, grantt charts, and data suttles. What I like best about Smartsheet is how it helps us streamline our project operations, especially while working on a particularly difficult or complex endeavor.

Cons

Microsoft Excel's formula functions differ from those in other spreadsheet programs, which might be confusing to beginners. When several, sophisticated formulas are included in the data sheet, its storage capacity is quickly exhausted. The sheet needs to be refreshed regularly to ensure that the data is displayed accurately.

Omar
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Smartsheets for everyday management

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

To me, the best combination of the ease of use and familiarity of a spreadsheet with the complexity of a project management tool. Very satisfied

Pros

The tool is more than a project management tool. I use it to manage my department's budget, collaborate with internal and external team members. I like that I can access it from anywhere I am

Cons

Could use some of the more advanced functionality like automatically keeping track of KPIs such as Earned Value, schedule variance, etc. I would like it if I could "play" with effort vs duration without affecting the main baseline until I am ready and obviously, I would like to keep history of baseline changes

Clarity Software, monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Looking for something affordable, cloud-based that would allow us to collaborate and manage projects in one single repository

Microsoft Project and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The right balance of cost, ease of use, and functionality
Sadaf
Sadaf

SmartSheet- Highly recommended Project Management Software

Reviewed on 16/3/2019

We have a global team of collaborators often working on the same document. SmartSheet, being a web-based collaborative tool makes it effortless to delegate and track tasks, allocate resources, and oversee budget in a concise form. The transparency in this tool is exemplary as one can view activity logs and track changes. Unlike its main competitor MS Project, SmartSheet is capable of tracking real-time workflow wherein changes made by one individual can be reflected across the entire team in an instant.
It functions spectacularly on a range of operating systems (I use it on iOS as well) and has proven to be a cohesive platform to visualize project data in real time, all in one place for all relevant team members to view and work on. I would highly recommend SmartSheet for teams who are looking for project management software that requires minimum training with maximum output.

Pros

SmartSheet is a cloud-based tool that helps Project Managers better align their resources, cost and time. Being a part of a virtual team responsible for collaborating whilst managing critical projects, Smartsheet has been indispensable in helping us track project timeline through interactive Gantt charts, establish critical paths, manage team resources, analyze budget and costs, in addition, to document sharing through OneDrive, Skype and even the app.
It is definitely reliable, has a simple user interface, flexibility in function, offers real-time data tracking through dashboards and training additional collaborators is uncomplicated. I love how SmartSheet offers a powerful conditional formatting feature, visualization of data that is editable and printable for presentations and has a spreadsheet-like interface (like Excel) yet is straightforward, unlike its counterparts.
Another thumbs up feature is that SmartSheet offers a 30-day trial wherein full functionality can be tested and project plans produced before actually investing in the software!

Cons

Our firm works from Sunday to Thursday (unlike the USA) and though they are advised well ahead, maintenance windows don't always align with our schedule, and we have to work around that. One attribute that can definitely be improved is the option of turning on auto-save, instead of manually saving the document. Often the development of a comprehensive project plan across several collaborators is quite intense and even if one of them fails to manually save the document, it is quite a hassle.

Kirstine

Great software to create a bespoke solution

Reviewed on 30/1/2020

I work for a small construction company who used to keep all their information "in their heads, or on the back of a fag packet"!!! This has revolutionised the way they work and not only stopped them from forgetting things but also given them the ability to look at live costs and income.

They now have a dashboard to see the 'big picture', individual Reports to show their own specific projects, an automated transfer of information to accounts when they mark a job as complete, reminders, comments so they can stay up to date with any info added by other people, and so many other little 'life hacks' that make their lives easier.

Smartsheet has changed the way we all work immeasurably for the better. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Pros

I love the Smartsheet Community who will help you find ways to adapt Smartsheet to suit each individual need you may have. I've been using the software for years and every time I've wanted to use it for something new we've found a way! Sometimes there have been delays due to the capacity not being there YET, but it's easy to submit a Product Enhancement Request.

There are updates and innovations ALL THE TIME and while they're not shoved down your throat, there's plenty of support out there if you want it, not only from the Community but also videos and webinars (live or recorded). If you've got the motivation and imagination then I think the possibilities are unlimited, without needing to be a programmer or have any coding knowledge.

Cons

There's not much I can say that's bad about Smartsheet. I find it slightly difficult that it's very US based and I'm in the UK, but that's true of most comparable software.

I'm also not keen on the Learning Centre as it sometimes assumes a level of knowledge that is beyond me and I find it incomprehensible! It's not a problem though as I can easily turn to the Community!

Maarten
Maarten
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A powerful tool for rapid, automated, information sharing without jeopardizing privacy

Reviewed on 28/7/2020

I have used SmartSheet for a number of years with different project teams and different applications. The software is incredibly versatile and lends itself to every imaginable aspect of the projects, from planning and scheduling meetings to tracking and and documenting closeout requirements. The automation options along with the display variations and the accessibility via multiple device types and input devised provide meaningful, clear and up-to-date information to a large variety of people with equally varied technological backgrounds and communication styles. During the work day, my SmartSheet portal is always open!

Pros

SmartSheet provides an easy and efficient means of sharing information in a spreadsheet style format with web-forms that are readily accessible and editable from portable devices. The information from these web-forms can be set to auto-populate on the parent-sheet where the information becomes accessible to all authorized users at the click of the "update" button. For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, a employee health status sign in sheet was created on short notice and sent out to all relevant parties via email as well as by posting a QR code at the job sites which all workers can scan with their mobile devices and fill in the form on line. The relevant information gets forwarded to main sheet accessible at the main office (nearly) instantaneously. The display options of the sheets are numerous and varied, very useful for different circumstances and audiences.

Cons

The functionality is quite similar to that of an Excel spreadsheet, but my recurring stumbling block is that there ARE some differences. That being said, SmartSheet does a wonderful job of expanding the function library constantly, which makes it an ongoing task to stay up-to-date with what is new and possible (this is both a Pro and a Con since the library is so very dynamic)

Candace
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great tool for project management

Reviewed on 22/6/2021

Collaboration during projects is key to our business. Smartsheet has helped us centralise our project documentation into one central repository and ensure that we have artifacts for each project we complete.

Pros

My company uses Smartsheet to manage projects. We are a software implementation consulting service working with clients (remotely) and collaboration and instant updates to shared project plans, action items lists and contact information is important to ensure the successful management and completion of a project. The reports and widget functions make dashboard reporting easier and more efficient. The ability to export to Excel or Microsoft Projects means that we can collaborate easily with clients who use other tools within their organisation.

The notification functionality is great as well, whether it's getting notified of a change on a sheet, or notified that something has been assigned to you.

Cons

I would like to be able to copy directly from Smartsheet into Word, PowerPoint or Outlook (in table format) rather than having to copy into Excel, then copying from Excel to another program to get a table. It's a small thing, but frustrating when all you want to do is copy a portion of a project plan or action list into an email and it comes out as text instead of formatted as a table. :-(

I would also like to be able to display the Gantt chart in different formats for use in presentations and documentation. The standard Gantt chart view is fine, but it would be nice to be able to change colours, font or even the width of the bars to make it more appealing in presentations.

Nick
Nick
  • Industry: Furniture

A flexible tool only limited by your imagination and ability with formulae

Reviewed on 16/7/2021

Smartsheet has been transformational for our business. As a small bespoke kitchen manufacturer (21 staff) we have some industry specific software for design and quoting, but most out of the box ERP software doesn't fit. We don't have an IT department so anything we use needs to be robust, and my background in programming has enabled us to implement some nifty systems using Smartsheet, but without the hassle of actually writing and then maintaining our own programs. Excel just doesn't compare, and is not cloud native so just doesn't work so well even in Office 365. We genuinely cannot live without it.

Pros

Cloud based - available everywhere to everyone
Flexibility - it's not only a project management tool, it can do most things that Excel can do, but often better. Specifically column formulae are a fantastic recent addition that enables sheets to become almost unbreakable

Cons

Nothing major. There are some minor gripes:
- Slack integration doesn't allow tagging of individuals, and cannot allow a variable to determine which channel to send the message to
- Cannot yet control heirarchy with formulae, I hope this function will come eventually

Tareq
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Thanks to several useful features, the team members are able to proficiently handle the...

Reviewed on 5/4/2023

Using Smartsheet has made our work progress much smoother and improved our ability to coordinate daily tasks. Furthermore, real-time updates allow us to take corrective actions to avoid potential delays.

Pros

It is wonderful that with Smartsheet, the interface can be easily customized, which helps us prepare it in a way that suits the nature of the tasks we follow. I love the fact that automation simplifies all administrative procedures and allows the management of the workflow, linking the tasks collected from team members with logical relationships. It is also great that there are many ways to display task schedules, which facilitates the follow-up dates and determining outstanding activities. I also appreciate how Smartsheet deals with project data, as it enables us to withdraw data from multiple sources and provides a strict permissible system that helps us maintain the privacy of data and identify people who are allowed to make adjustments to them. I also love how Smartsheet can link the workflow with emails and the ability to add documents and comments, which greatly helps in organizing the team's efforts. dashboards are also distinctive, as they are easy to customize to include information, graphic fees, and tables that we want to highlight.

Cons

While there are some imperfections with Smartsheet, the constant upgrades and addition of new features help to mitigate these issues. Although the learning curve may be challenging for some users initially, with continuous practice and guidance, the procedures become easier

Saleem
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A Robust Project Management Tool with Collaborative Power

Reviewed on 19/5/2023

Overall, my experience with Smartsheet has been positive. The tool offers robust project management capabilities and versatile spreadsheet functionality. Real-time collaboration and automation features enhance teamwork and productivity. Despite a learning curve and some limitations, Smartsheet proves to be a valuable tool for effective project management and collaboration.

Pros

What I liked most about Smartsheet is its robust project management capabilities. The tool provides a comprehensive set of features for planning, tracking, and collaborating on projects. Its intuitive interface makes it easy to create tasks, set dependencies, and manage deadlines effectively. The real-time collaboration feature allows multiple users to work on the same sheet simultaneously, promoting seamless teamwork and communication. Additionally, the automation and integration options provided by Smartsheet streamline workflows and enhance productivity.

Cons

What I liked least about Smartsheet are its limitations in terms of advanced formatting options and the learning curve associated with its features. While Smartsheet offers basic formatting capabilities, it lacks some advanced features found in traditional spreadsheet applications. This can be limiting for users who require complex formulas or intricate formatting in their sheets. Additionally, Smartsheet's robust functionality may require some time and training for users to fully grasp and utilize all its features effectively. However, once users overcome the learning curve, the tool proves to be a valuable asset for project management and collaboration.