Smartsheet

4.5 (3,159)
An online work execution platform for any size organization.

(3,159)

Becky
Becky

Facilitates the communication of the strategic planning team

Reviewed on 6/2/2023

Smartsheet's visual appeal makes it an excellent tool for monitoring the status of several projects and tasks at once, streamlining the management of complicated workflows and allowing for the coordination of multiple current activities. The collaborative and organizational power of Smartsheet is unmatched.

Pros

Distributed teams can benefit greatly from using Smartsheet to keep track of their projects and activities. One of its many benefits is that it can be used by groups of any size to keep track of who is accountable for what, when it's due, and what its current state is.

Cons

By integrating with Float or some other resource management platform, an automation system for assigning roles to individuals and visibility across teams of the available resources in real-time could be created, both of which would be extremely useful when attempting to strategically plan the timelines for individual projects.

Devendra Kumar
Devendra Kumar

"Smartsheet: A Smarter Way to Manage Your Projects"

Reviewed on 16/1/2023

My overall experience with Smartsheet has been great. It has allowed us to streamline our project management process, enabling us to better track progress, assign tasks, and manage resources. We have realized several benefits from using Smartsheet, including improved communication, better visibility into project progress and status, and improved collaboration between team members. Additionally, Smartsheet has allowed us to automate some of our project management tasks, saving us time and effort. All in all, Smartsheet has been a great tool that has helped us improve the way we manage our projects.

Pros

I like Smartsheet for its ability to streamline and manage projects. The product is easy to use and has a lot of features that make it impactful. I particularly like the powerful automation and collaboration features that enable me to easily manage, assign, and track tasks. The project timelines are also great, as they help me to visualize progress and ensure deadlines are met. Integration with existing business processes was also easy, and I was able to set up and get started quickly. Overall I'm very pleased with Smartsheet and would highly recommend it.

Cons

One con of Smartsheet is that it can be difficult to use for complex projects or tasks, as the user interface is not as intuitive as other project management tools. Additionally, its integration with other tools and systems can be difficult and time-consuming. Some features could be improved, such as customizing views and adding more automation.

Yasmine
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

The functionality of smartsheet

Reviewed on 2/1/2024

Pros

It is helped me so much with my studies and academic projects

Cons

I did not face any problem with smartsheet

Microsoft PowerPoint
Kristi

There are better options

Reviewed on 5/2/2024

Pros

It wasn’t horrible, but it feels very— dos? Not sure how else to explain it, but it isn’t pretty, it doesn’t have a nice u/x. Since using it, I’ve used Monday which I think does similar things, it just looks a whole lot nicer.

Cons

No frills, nothing you could present or share in a client facing way.

Works great for me and my team

Reviewed on 20/11/2023

Pros

It feels like a user-friendly, robust and easily customizable version of Excel. (Or at least that's how my team tends to use it.) I especially love the ability to set reminders and notifications AND to attach documents and proofs directly in SmartSheet. It has solved many project management issues on my team.

Cons

There's a few simple features that don't exist that would make my sheets much more user friendly, but nothing that has caused big issues.

Mia
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Goods in!

Reviewed on 12/2/2024

I use this daily, its so important so I can see when goods are arriving. Its easy to use, and the formatting makes everything easy to read.

Pros

I love how I can see bookings in real time- and cancellations.

Cons

The software can lag a little, especially when there is a lot of info on the screen

miguel

an option

Reviewed on 27/1/2024

Pros

it is easy to use, and to setup, for several features

Cons

there are another options cheaper, but it depends what you need

Jianming
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Smartsheet review

Reviewed on 5/1/2024

Positive! Simple to use software with not a big learning curve.

Positive! Simple to use software with not a big learning curve.

Pros

It's very easy to use. I get invoice requests from collaborating team members and it's a simple approval/rejection tool for processing these invoices. Hard to really mess up.

Cons

I'm not sure if it is a Smartsheet function or my Email intake system, but the way the notifications are sent, it's all in a single email rather than separate emails. When approving invoices, it's hard to keep track of which item has been completed if all the notices are in one email.

Glenn

Smartsheet for Scheduling and Sharing

Reviewed on 25/1/2024

Pros

Ease of use and ability to import Excel into sheets. Sharing with the project team is very convenient.

Cons

Some of the functionality I'm used to using in Excel is not available in Smartsheet.

Osahon

Smart as it should be

Reviewed on 15/2/2024

Pros

Smartsheet incorporates project management tools and techniques in its reporting system. It is also very easy to understand the report

Cons

The software user may need some training.

Rick

Excellent alternative to traditional spreadsheets and project management tools and processes

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

We use it for all project implementations to manage collaboration with our clients - project plans, decision logs, issue logs, contact lists, action item lists, document sharing, etc. We also use it internally for similar activities. I even use it on my team for very efficient weekly status reporting. We even link it to JIRA for automatically syncing sheets and reports to that system for managing product releases and product support. We love it!!!

Pros

Very easy to learn and get users onboard quickly. Works much like Excel yet with much more document sharing functionality and the notifications service is most beneficial to us. Very cost efficient in that our clients don't need to purchase a license so we use this to collaborate with them for our project work.

Cons

Very little not to like. Advanced functionality we need to not alwasys there, however, Smartsheet comes out with new features a few times a year and they always very helpful. Biggest complaint is that we have not yet figured out how to provide users edit access to a group and yet limit certain sheets within that group to viewer only. Would also like to see more options for backups and restores.

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

We still use Sharepoint for some internal PMO functions but it is too slow. Smartsheet is much faster and more efficient for most of our processes
Sara
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Love the versatility

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

I love the webinars on new services and the ability to become certified to use this tool- its such a time saver and I love that if I think of something I need to do on my commute home- I can just pull it up on my phone. Overall I would recommend it to my text company too- I would rather use Smart sheet as a project management tool than any tool designed for math brains that isn't as freestyle.

Pros

I love this software. I love the pick up and go aspect where I can access it on all my devices. I love the automatic saves- because I am terrible at remembering to save, and I love the ability to attach files and tag people for projects. I used the software at my previous company for creative project management and now I'm using it like agile for product development builds. Its great for tracking and overall roadmapping. I wouldn't use anything else when I can do everything I want right here!

Cons

All the issues I've had have been solved in new releases but it would be wonderful if I could build graphic pages in the software- I'm hoping that comes soon. Like a mobile photoshop or powerpoint or image tool.

Agile CRM

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The ability to be a wiki spreadsheet overall won our vote. Its for people who use both left and right brain.
Kristie
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Efficiency, Simplicity and Life-Changing!

Reviewed on 14/7/2020

I am a devoted Excel fan, and the first time I used Smartsheet, I hated. I thought it was a dumb version of Excel. But gradually others in the organization did more and more with it and I continued to have issues with Shared Workbooks in Excel, I finally decided to give it another shot, and this time I would really look at it. I then realized it had the power of Excel and SharePoint and Nintex Forms, all in one program that was way easier to use than most of the others. I went from hating Smartsheet as my PMO was dragging it into my department, to owning 117 sheets, countless automations and data mesh configurations and data uploader configurations in less than a year. I completely rely on Smartsheet to get my daily work done now and I have lost 2 FTE without feeling any real pressure to replace them. Smartsheet has helped my team that much. I have become a complete Smartsheet nerd.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is the simplicity of creating a very complex set of sheets, automation and forms. I work as a business person within the IT department and it is a tough limbo to exist in. You aren't really IT's customer, but you are not as skilled as an IT professional. I am often left to my own devices and de-prioritized so they can concentrate on our true customers. Smartsheet provided me a system that I did not need my IT department help. I was able to create a set of products (on a very base level, my own small Enterprise Resource Program) entirely alone that has improved my efficiency, quality of work and accuracy! I needed nothing more than my own skills and occasionally Smartsheet's Solution Center.

Cons

I am unfond of a few of the tiny limitations. I wish that reports weren't limited to 500 rows per page, and if that limit must exist, I wish there was a function to skip to a specific page. I reference a report that has 400+ lines of data multiple times throughout the day and it's mildly annoying to have to skip through 9 pages on the report to get to what I'm looking for.

I have also had very lukewarm success with Data Uploader. It does not work as expected about 50% of the time. I would honestly give up on it entirely if it wasn't SO useful the other 50% of the time. I waste a lot of time saving and resaving documents and deleting and recreating configurations just to get data to upload.

Cory

Smartsheet is preferred from multiple fast-moving projects

Reviewed on 28/7/2020

Satisfied. I manage >25 projects that vary in size and detail. I would not rely on any other project management program that I have used in the past.

Pros

Easy to get in, set up, and maintain small-medium size projects. Quick to learn, easy to use.

Cons

I would like more intelligence around the columns: 1) more specific formatting choices, like setting the duration to hours, separating effort and duration; 2) Predecessor columns that intelligently follow the task, not only the row number.

Microsoft Project and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Salesforce functionality relies on two (negative) criteria: 1) you track everything related to the project within Salesforce; 2) to track everything, you have to purchase access to modules that would otherwise be unnecessary.

Salesforce Platform

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The ROI was greater with Smartsheet.
Andy
Andy
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A must-have tool for project management!

Reviewed on 2/8/2022

By being able to check the progress of tasks in detail (confirmation of delays), it was possible to allocate human resources optimally. In a project with a fixed release schedule, it is necessary to move forward efficiently, so I am very grateful to be able to understand this. A convenient editing function that allows multiple people to edit at the same time online and a free sharing setup with no limit to the number of people. A Gantt chart can be created intuitively.

Pros

It is mainly used for the management of projects that occur frequently in the company. The main tasks of each project and the secondary tasks linked to them can be managed in detail and in a visual and easy-to-understand way, which is useful to understand the progress and bottlenecks of the project. It is nice to see alerts for overdue tasks.Additionally, a lot of templates are available that can be used for any project, which is very helpful.

Cons

The templates are perfect, but there were many times when I hesitated because I often wondered which template to use in the first place. I thought it would be nice to have a feature that would recommend this template for such a project.

Jira Work Management

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

The user interface is good. There are several project management tools, but if you want to manage a project with a relatively long time period and detailed tasks, I think this tool is the only choice.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

I used it to see the approximate schedule of tasks, plus set due dates for individual tickets. Gantt charts are often handled in duplicate with other tools, but we were able to minimize the burden because it was easy to create.
Gulshan
Gulshan
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Complete Package for all your Project Management needs

Reviewed on 1/4/2023

Effective workflow management and project handling is a big plus and since we switched to this tool I have saved hundred of hours due to its ease to use and automations. I would highly recommend this to handle your projects and work flow.

Pros

The overall user experience is very simple yet covers all the project management aspects along with adaptive to fit the very specific requirements of different tasks and teams. Highly customizable and powerful tool to improve efficiency and simplifies the project work flow. Workflow Automation is time saving which is the most required in my daily work routine allows me to focus more on other things and I can rely on the tool.

Cons

I would not list any cons. Its just there are still some features which needs to be improved more to make it a complete package such as text formatting and the real time update feature can also be improved/tweaked to make sure the other users/team gets up to date information. There were some projects where sheets size limits was an issue but that could be managed

Trello and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Better features and reliable with good customer support.
Lillian
Lillian

There is no better chart manager than Smartsheet

Reviewed on 26/7/2023

Smartsheet helps me keep track of and prioritize my work throughout the day. It's a breeze compared to other applications I've used. The UI is straightforward and simple to use, making it a breeze to pick up and run with. The help desk staff is available at all hours.

Pros

Smartsheet is an excellent program for managing both individual projects and entire portfolios. I appreciate how simple it is to deploy and organize. It's convenient because we can oversee all of our work whenever we choose. New assignments can be made and distributed to coworkers with minimal effort.

Cons

The learning curve for this program is steep, so it's best to have some background knowledge before diving in. We need the license to include training materials so that we may save money by not hiring an outside company to teach our new hires the ropes.

Saskia
Saskia
  • Industry: Restaurants

Must-have software for project managers

Reviewed on 11/9/2023

Smartsheet has been an invaluable tool for overcoming obstacles for a long period of time. The relationship has helped us most in terms of project management and our capacity to work with people from all over the world. Our teams can now work on projects in real time without having to rely on inefficient methods like ping-ponging between different platforms or sending and receiving emails where information can easily be lost in translation. From a management standpoint, we leverage the App and dashboard features that allow us to set up a row-level security structure and regulate the flow of information cascading to different types of end users.

Pros

I enjoy how smart sheet's shortcuts and key commands make it quick and simple to fill in the project's specifics. That many people may access the same document at once and make changes while receiving real-time notifications is a great feature of this program. I appreciate the ability to notify investors of upcoming milestones with a timeframe. Conditional formatting and color-coding for people and their statuses is a nice touch.

Cons

When using a gantt chart, it might be challenging to view all of the accompanying columns at the same time. Though I haven't looked at alternatives just yet, I appreciate being able to view both the gantt chart and the finer points of the project simultaneously. Navigation in a Gannt Chart is elementary, or at least it is for me.

Omar
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Smartsheets for everyday management

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

To me, the best combination of the ease of use and familiarity of a spreadsheet with the complexity of a project management tool. Very satisfied

Pros

The tool is more than a project management tool. I use it to manage my department's budget, collaborate with internal and external team members. I like that I can access it from anywhere I am

Cons

Could use some of the more advanced functionality like automatically keeping track of KPIs such as Earned Value, schedule variance, etc. I would like it if I could "play" with effort vs duration without affecting the main baseline until I am ready and obviously, I would like to keep history of baseline changes

Clarity Software, monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Looking for something affordable, cloud-based that would allow us to collaborate and manage projects in one single repository

Microsoft Project and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The right balance of cost, ease of use, and functionality
Sadaf
Sadaf

SmartSheet- Highly recommended Project Management Software

Reviewed on 16/3/2019

We have a global team of collaborators often working on the same document. SmartSheet, being a web-based collaborative tool makes it effortless to delegate and track tasks, allocate resources, and oversee budget in a concise form. The transparency in this tool is exemplary as one can view activity logs and track changes. Unlike its main competitor MS Project, SmartSheet is capable of tracking real-time workflow wherein changes made by one individual can be reflected across the entire team in an instant.
It functions spectacularly on a range of operating systems (I use it on iOS as well) and has proven to be a cohesive platform to visualize project data in real time, all in one place for all relevant team members to view and work on. I would highly recommend SmartSheet for teams who are looking for project management software that requires minimum training with maximum output.

Pros

SmartSheet is a cloud-based tool that helps Project Managers better align their resources, cost and time. Being a part of a virtual team responsible for collaborating whilst managing critical projects, Smartsheet has been indispensable in helping us track project timeline through interactive Gantt charts, establish critical paths, manage team resources, analyze budget and costs, in addition, to document sharing through OneDrive, Skype and even the app.
It is definitely reliable, has a simple user interface, flexibility in function, offers real-time data tracking through dashboards and training additional collaborators is uncomplicated. I love how SmartSheet offers a powerful conditional formatting feature, visualization of data that is editable and printable for presentations and has a spreadsheet-like interface (like Excel) yet is straightforward, unlike its counterparts.
Another thumbs up feature is that SmartSheet offers a 30-day trial wherein full functionality can be tested and project plans produced before actually investing in the software!

Cons

Our firm works from Sunday to Thursday (unlike the USA) and though they are advised well ahead, maintenance windows don't always align with our schedule, and we have to work around that. One attribute that can definitely be improved is the option of turning on auto-save, instead of manually saving the document. Often the development of a comprehensive project plan across several collaborators is quite intense and even if one of them fails to manually save the document, it is quite a hassle.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent project management tool!

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

I joined my team in 2017 and was asked to establish our PM management system - knowing that I didn't have the budget for some of the more robust tools, I needed to find one that wasn't only user friendly but had all the capabilities I needed to create the complex timelines and reporting that I needed. Smartsheet was recommended to me and when I finally did a walk through I felt like it would be the perfect fit for my needs. Since then, I've been able to setup the platform and project management system for my team and we adjust it as needed along the way with ease. We also have been able to find uses outside of my project management needs to track form responses and other data management needs.

Pros

easy to set-up processes, ongoing product improvements and additions, great team capabilities, quick and easy adoption due to familiarity of tool to MS Project/Excel style, many different uses outside of projects timelines, very cost effective

Cons

interface feels dated (although they're continuously working on this) and not created for non-project team members, dashboard tool and capabilities could use some improvements, sometimes creating cross-functional sheets can be clunky and unnecessarily complex.

Carissa
  • Industry: Higher Education

Very robust collaboration tool

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

We have used Smartsheet for quite a few years to help manage projects, day-to-day items, operational calendars, and other items at our higher ed institution. This tool has been a tremendous help with making it easier to collaborate with other companies, as well as increase the efficiency with certain tasks among our department and other departments at our institution. Smartsheet is a very easy tool to learn and use and provides a great amount of functionality in one place to collaborate across groups. I would highly recommend this product to companies, large or small, if they have multiple projects that they need to manage frequently. The ROI for this product is good if you use it all of the time. If you don't, it can end up being an expensive tool for collaboration while there are many alternative competitors out there that may be a better option financially.

Pros

Smartsheet provides a very robust collaboration tool among teams and teams from other companies. The ability to show timelines, comments, attachments, and dates - all in one place - make it very easy to stay on track with projects. This tool also provides a very nice mobile and app platform to work off of while out on the go. We utilize the professional (paid) version to encompass all of the features that we need and are no longer offered in the free version, such as the ability to email directly from the sheet, send for updates, and utilize the reminder functions. Emailing directly from the sheet is a great feature since it allows you to send the comments, attachments, and info from the line all in one easy-to-read email. You can also cc yourself on the email so that you know that it was sent.

Cons

One of the things about Smartsheet that could be updated is the ability to copy info from one sheet and create a new sheet. For example, my team utilizes this tool for registration for certain programs at our university. The ability to copy the entire sheet (with all of the info and attachments) onto a new sheet and update the dates, or minimal information, would be a great function to have. The other option would be to allow more functionality in the free version (which was previously there). The update to only allowing email sends from a single line in the professional (paid) version now is a bit challenging when we only budgeted for a certain amount of licenses for the academic year (and we all know how stingy higher ed budgets are right now)

Nick
Nick
  • Industry: Furniture

A flexible tool only limited by your imagination and ability with formulae

Reviewed on 16/7/2021

Smartsheet has been transformational for our business. As a small bespoke kitchen manufacturer (21 staff) we have some industry specific software for design and quoting, but most out of the box ERP software doesn't fit. We don't have an IT department so anything we use needs to be robust, and my background in programming has enabled us to implement some nifty systems using Smartsheet, but without the hassle of actually writing and then maintaining our own programs. Excel just doesn't compare, and is not cloud native so just doesn't work so well even in Office 365. We genuinely cannot live without it.

Pros

Cloud based - available everywhere to everyone
Flexibility - it's not only a project management tool, it can do most things that Excel can do, but often better. Specifically column formulae are a fantastic recent addition that enables sheets to become almost unbreakable

Cons

Nothing major. There are some minor gripes:
- Slack integration doesn't allow tagging of individuals, and cannot allow a variable to determine which channel to send the message to
- Cannot yet control heirarchy with formulae, I hope this function will come eventually

Prajjwal

When it comes to efficient and effective project management, Smartsheet is your best friend!

Reviewed on 10/5/2023

Because of the platform's ability to help us efficiently organize and track our data, we can improve the efficacy of our decision-making processes, which is just one of the many benefits we reap when we learn to utilize each of Smartsheet's many tools properly. Our team members' workload has unquestionably increased.

Pros

When it comes to effective project management and data analysis, Smartsheete is the platform that has it all. We appreciate how this platform has freed up our time and effort to concentrate on other projects, ultimately boosting our company's efficiency from the inside out. Smartsheet's collaboration features are among the most flexible, allowing team members to easily share ideas, assign tasks, and set due dates in real-time. In contrast to other platforms we tried, where it took too long to solve inconveniences while waiting for a response from the support, it has excellent support because they attended to all the requests we made for inconveniences presented to us in the process of adapting to it.

Cons

We have no significant complaints; the issues we encountered at the outset were resolved in subsequent updates. If anything, I would point out that the Smartsheet platform has a steep learning curve, which is to be expected given the breadth of its project management features, which ultimately streamline and accelerate the company's internal operations.

Jose
Jose
  • Industry: Chemicals

Complete project management tool, it has all the capabilities a project manager could want.

Reviewed on 28/5/2023

Cross-team collaboration, counting cross-departmental ventures, we utilize Smartsheet for everything from little, single-goal ventures to multi-faceted, omni-projects that span different quarters. Extend administration and assignment prioritization are for the most part settled when utilizing Smartsheet, and I've found that having a single source of data permits my clients more noteworthy perceivability and consolation in completing particular errands. I right now utilize Smartsheet to oversee our modern item advancement ventures, seeing how plan changes affect our last discharge date moves forward our company's center and prioritization.

Pros

Smartsheet is unimaginably simple to utilize and natural for clients of all sorts, sharing ventures, making unused ventures from layouts, and overhauling ventures is simple, and upgrades are shared in genuine time with all collaborators. Endeavor clients adore seeing these sheets as they encourage outline what needs the foremost consideration in our different ventures, it moreover permits us to share obligation and responsibility for particular errands. I adore how Smartsheet has numerous alternatives to select from when deciding how dates will be naturally calculated, I discover Smartsheet's capacity to flip between sees basic when managing with diverse partners. Everybody has distinctive needs for seeing assignment points of interest and connections, so being able to switch from a spreadsheet to cards and a basic way is fair idealize.

Cons

The as it were thing I seem consider moving forward with Smartsheet is to create conditions and their assignments clearer somehow, of course this is often a tall arrange and that's why extend administration exists within the to begin with put. But a slight advancement in this range may go a long way, and it's not a interesting challenge for Smartsheet; it is common for each extend arranging arrangement I have seen. It can be a bit troublesome to alter and get it at to begin with, I would too adore to see more Youtube offer assistance recordings or visual helps and cases of how other clients set up their dashboards.