LawBase

LawBase

Legal case and matter management system

4.5/5 (4 reviews)
Kathy N.
Industry: Legal Services

Overall useful case management program

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

In my experience, I've used LawBase as a case management program for thousands of clients. The fields and information in LawBase seems to be completely editable based on the needs of your case which is great as not all cases require the same information. It also provides the ability to run "Hot Docs" or templates of letters or reports. After a Hot Doc is set up, information such as client name, case name and address can be pulled directly into the letter or report automatically which saves a significant amount of time.

Pros

I've used LawBase as a case management program which houses all of the contact information and basic case information for clients. Several features I like most about LawBase are the ability to hyperlink documents into Lawbase (i.e. client contracts or key records). I also like the fact that LawBase can be tailored for specific cases. You have the ability to set up different fields for information based on the facts of the case.

Cons

Overall, I think LawBase is a great product and a helpful way to organize all of the information for a case. In my experience, there can sometimes be a lag time when opening LawBase or opening a client's page in LawBase but that's really the only minor downfall I've noticed.

Robert K.

25 yrs. plus and Going Strong!

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

Our law firm has used LawBase for more than 25 years. We chose it originally for the flexibility of the program and for the refreshing honesty of owners Phil and Drew Homburger. Those two benefits have not changed over the years.

I don't know how we managed our firm before LawBase. It is almost infinitely changeable and we can add fields or pages and generate any type of report at the drop of a hat.

There are newer client management programs on the market. I have tried most of them and have never found one as good as LawBase. It has my unconditional recommendation.

Lorin W.

Great product, but could use a few more bells & whistles

Reviewed on 7/3/2018

Pros

Great user interface, easy to navigate and track client/matter information in a well organized manner. Partnership with HotDocs for document assembly is definitely a plus.

Cons

Could use a few more bells & whistles, such as pre-built deadlines or time keeping. It would be nice not to have to purchase additional software to fulfill additional needs.

Sandee S.

The Only Case Management You Need!

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

In a period when all other agencies were requesting additional staff to handle an increasing workload, we maintained our staff level. In fact, our caseload has increased significantly over the last three years, yet we have been able to handle the increase without hiring additional staff!