Martha V.

Everything on my fingertips!

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

I have everything on my finger tips. Their support is awesome!

Pros

I love this software because of the ability to work anywhere and with every transaction or change I can see it, no need to be glued to the physical store. It has great reporting, I make my own custom reports, I really like that. I also like the fact that they are always trying to improve it...making it better for us users. Their training videos are a great tool when you forget how to do something. Overall I am well pleased with my decision of moving over to Simple Consign. I just wish they had Big Commerce also like they have shopify.

Cons

No Big Commerce, not connected to ebay...that would be very helpful, if they could connect our store to Big Commerce and eBay.
Also it would be very helpful if it would have a weekly summary of sales report that it would generate a daily sales and than at the end a total of the week. I would like that because that will help me with my sales goals for next years projections. Just a daily report and than at the end of the week all dailys and the end total would be AWESOME!

Response from Traxia

Thank you so much for your review Martha, with our shopify integration that should open up a lot of other options like eBay. I will bring the rest of your ideas to our dev team, thanks so much!

Jennifer H.

Traxia

Reviewed on 28/1/2021

Like I said earlier, this is a good product and the customer service has always been great when submitting a service ticket, lately that is not so much. Updates are done with no knowledge to us, the customer. When we have found errors to updates or ask a question about the recent updates through the service ticket procedure. We haven't gotten an answer, some times we have had to call the support number to see what is going on.
Other times they say they will get back to you and they forget, so you have to follow up with them.

Pros

That all features are on one page. It is easy to training new associates.

Cons

That updates are done with out knowledge, and it can cause mistakes and they aren't found all the time by the team that did them. When an update is done and we have questions lastly we have emailed and gotten no response back on why and what happened.
Customer service was one of the reason I used to recommend traxia, but lately that has not been a good experience.
Reporting is good but still have a hard time finding or creating reports that work best for your store.

Response from Traxia

Hey Jennifer, thank you so much for your review. Over the past several months we have made it our goal to be even more transparent about updates, and we now include them in a weekly email for all our subscribers,

Elizabeth K.

More than I need but everything I want

Reviewed on 14/8/2018

I've been using SimpleConsign since I opened up my business 5 years ago. I have toyed with the idea of switching to shopify as it has a few bells and whistles that Simple Consign does not. Namely an app and also a bulit in website builder. However., the online access tool far outweighs both of those conveniences and until someone can compete in that aspect, I will remain a loyal customer to Simple Consign.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the ability to run reports for my vendors at the drop of a hat. I have a vintage collective and have 40 vendors who sell at my location. I do all the book-keeping for them and some of them are very disorganized. As long as I have put good and thorough information into the system at the time of the sale, including notes if necessary, I can go back at any time of the year and look up the sale and see what the circumstances surrounding the purchase were. I also love the online look up tool that the vendors can use themselves. Saves me TONS of time in phone calls answering questions about daily sales. Total lifesaver. Plus I push that expense back onto my vendors so I don't have to absorb that cost.

Cons

some of the terminology absolutely doesn't apply to my business model and there is no flexibility in changing it. I also would like a bit more options when it comes to running a custom report. I have a very limited capability to define my own parameters for sales reports other than the "canned" reports already built into the software. MAIN COMPLAINT: NEEDS AN APP FOR THE PHONE /TABLET ETC~!!!

Response from Traxia

Elizabeth,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and thanks for 5 years of partnering with SimpleConsign. We're always interested to hear what our customers need so we appreciate you sharing. Hopefully, we'll be able to earn 5 stars on everything for you soon!
Your loyalty matters!

Nettie B.

Stop looking for a new or different consignment/resale software YOU JUST FOUND IT!

Reviewed on 20/8/2017

I've used this product for 3+ years. Love it!! I've been in business for almost 14 years and switched from a company based out of FL that was horrendous, but the best available at the time. This software company has been a lifesaver to my business and I am so grateful to have found them. My customers have noticed and love the change!!

Pros

Extremely easy to use
If (and rarely) would you need support these guys/gals are the best and enjoyable to talk to.
IT guy who? I no longer need one
You can search your system to find out what you priced a similar item before and then just click "Add Similar" to quickly add that item.
Love the accessibility of the software on my phone using their app. Easy to keep track of multiple stores
I can track my customers shopping habits several different ways
Customers are always amazed at how I can search my store's inventory at any given time for Raiders, Grandma, Grandpa, Dr. Seuss or currently Paw Patrol items.
Makes doing returns extremely easy
End of day closing/balancing of books is easy
I love being able to print one to a hundred tags at a time
There is a credit card processing company associated with them although I don't use it as I am still loyal to my processor from years earlier.
Plain & Simple: just good people running a good business for people working hard like you & me.

Cons

To make it perfect: Seriously feel like I'm living in the early 90's with all my post-it notes for different people wanting/looking for certain items and wanting a call when I get them in. A way to help me keep track of some sort or "Wanted Items" and then when I entered that item it would alert me that "so & so" is looking for that item would be SWEET!!
There's not great loyalty program linked with this (still using an outside source that I'm extremely happy with)

Simple Consign Review

Reviewed on 10/8/2018

Pros

The ability to split consignor payouts between in-store credit and cash payout (for which I have different splits). For example, my consignors receive 40% of their item sales if they take their credit as cash, or 50% of their item sales if they use their credit for in-store purchases. SimpleConsign is the only software system on the market (that I've found so far) that makes it easy for a customer to use some of their credit in-store and then take the remainder as cash.

I also like the specificity of the reports feature, and how easy reports are to customize.

Cons

I wish the software linked with QuickBooks Online.

I wish there was a way to view Consignor Credit AND Store Credit (from returns and gift card balances) on the same screen. As it is, it is hard to explain to customers and train employees why we don't always see their store credit when checking their consignor credit.

I wish Store Credit was listed when consignors login to the online portal to check their account.

I wish that the status changed from Active to Sold when store-owned inventory quantity reached zero. As it stands, the status remains Active while the quantity changes to zero.

I wish SimpleConsign integrated with Gravity Payments.

Teresa S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Simple Consign

Reviewed on 15/3/2019

Everyone at Simple Consign is very helpful. We always have great customer service and we know that they are trying to fix/change the things we want/need but it isn't always possible.
We also realize that many of our issues are because we aren't consignment but Resale. So there are many things/options/functions that Simple Consign offers that we don't need or use.

Pros

We like the reports but could use more customized reports.
We like many of the options but feel a lot of them are not for the sales people and should be manager only functions.
We like that everything can be viewed from all locations

Cons

We want to format the tags but can't.
Certain things on reports don't make sense and are hard to figure out if you have multiple sites.
The customer profiles are too specific to location that info was entered.
We want to see everything including loyalty points on the Customer tab not location specific.
Every new transaction needs to prompt for new pin number.
Can not process 2 credit cards for 1 transaction. Many customers want to use 2 credit cards to make their purchase.

Response from Traxia

Thank you for leaving a review Teresa. We really do appreciate it. The Tech Support guys can help you set up some custom reports. There are some other things we offer as well, such as splitting payments between cards.. Contact Tech and let's figure out how to make your SimpleConsign experience better.
Thanks again

Aaron G.

Easy to use tool for managing your consignment store - Best option after researching solutions

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

We use Simple Consign every day. It's easy to use and makes running a consignment store much easier than trying to keep track on spreadsheets. Other products didn't compare when we were researching a solution.

Pros

- Cloud based makes it easy to access
- Easy to use and navigate in the software
- Custom Reports are easy to create
- Now offers Shopify plugin.

Cons

Could have more frequent updates and new additional features added regularly
Printing plugin causes issues from time to time

Response from Traxia

Aaron, thanks for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. We appreciate it! We're so glad you settled on us after researching other softwares. We're looking forward to a long future together.

Susan H.

A great organization

Reviewed on 11/8/2018

I resisted their services for several years because I was happy with the program I had. Then it crashed and I lost 44000 items. Luckily, I was BOR so I didn't have to deal with not knowing who owned what. I have loved every minute of their services. Every customer service call has been answered quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Great customer service.
Great value.
Backs up to the cloud.

Cons

I have chosen to use a separate credit card processor. I have seen facebook posts about other users not being able to process credit cards when Simple Consign is out-of-service for some reason. At least when I have to process sales manually, I can still accept credit/debit payments. I think that is an advantage. I also continued to use my manual cash reconciliation.

Response from Traxia

Thanks Susan. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such an amazing review! So glad you no longer "resisted" and decided to choose SimpleConsign. Thanks!

Katie V.

So Happy to have SimpleConsign.

Reviewed on 12/10/2016

We have been using Traxia's SimpleConsign for 13 months. We searched for a software program that would fit our unique situation. We looked at this program a few years ago and after looking again thought we could make it work. Much to our delight, it has worked even better than anticipated. Being on the internet and paying a monthly fee is a real plus. The Traxia staff is constantly working to improve and change the program. We sell a lot of handmade jewelry and recently our tags were changed from reading and entering a SKU number to scanning a barcode. This was our dream wish. We could not be happier with the system and the folks at Traxia. They are a wonderful group of very dedicated people. Thank you for your excellent program.

Pros

The ability to have a bar code on our jewelry products reduces the number of human entry errors during the selling process. The on line product allows updating to be done without inconveniencing our staff. Requesting updating and getting it without paying additional fees.

Cons

If our internet goes down, we are unable to process sales. If this happens, we do it the old fashioned way and enter in the computer later.

Response from Traxia

Thank you for your review Katie! We have created a method for taking sales when the system is down now.

Carmen W.

We love Simple Consign!

Reviewed on 26/1/2017

Simple Consign makes our employees' daily life so much easier. The program allows us to keep our store inventory organized between two shops, makes checkout a breeze, and lets us track customer spending and credit. It has a straightforward interface that is easy to learn for new employees. Plus their knowledgeable customer service is always willing to take time to troubleshoot problems when they occasionally come up. The program is an essential part of the organization key to our shop!

Pros

Usability - friendly interface makes learning easy. Whenever an update occurs, we also receive an email and any changes often give us new tools to benefit our customers' experiences.

Cons

We occasionally have issues with payments. The option to pay with a check does not require a check number which would be useful to us in catching mistakes at the counter.

Kathy B.

I could never run my business without SimpleConsign

Reviewed on 10/8/2018

Very happy and highly recommend.

Pros

I can't even image how I would run my women's apparel consignment store without the service of SimpleConsign. Very easy to use, free training is available for my new hires, customer service quickly responds to any question or issue I may experience. Keeps the store running smooth and efficient, the consigning love the ability to check their own personal weblink and see what merchandise has sold etc.

Cons

I have never had too much of an issue to have a con. Even on the weekends when they are closed customer service will help if needed.

Response from Traxia

Wow Kathy! What a wonderful review! 10 out of 10. We can't ask for anything more than that. We're so glad you're loving SimpleConsign. We appreciate your loyalty and confidence. Thanks!

Peter T.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great product and outstanding support team

Reviewed on 4/8/2020

On-boarding and implementation went smoothly, the system glitched a few times but the support team were very responsive and the impact on business was minimal.

Pros

This software easily connects sales data with customer and consignor data making it a great point of sale system. The sales experience for the customer is smooth and quick, and the reconciliation at end of day and payout to consignors is efficient.

Cons

Having a seamless integration with quickbooks would reduce the number of hours required to complete the reconciliation process.

Response from Traxia

Thank you for your review Peter! We are always working on improving our connection with QuickBooks Online, if you have further concerns or recommendations please reach out to our support team so that it's on our radar!

Heidi M.
  • Industry: Furniture

Change is Good!

Reviewed on 7/8/2018

It has been great. The conversion was easy and seamless. The support is great and quick. I like that I can email and not be on hold. They will call me based on the "911" of what I need and assist me through the processes. I wish I had switched sooner when I was introduced to the program. It has saved us money too! That's a win win!!!!

Pros

I like that it is internet based. It is easy to use and consignors like that it's a "live" system. I do not have to think about backing up or did my team back up correctly. It has been very easy to learn and use. We have been on it for 8 months and I wish I switched sooner.

Cons

I have yet to find the feature to email consignors through the program. Also, I miss being able to pull my birthdays for the month and send a birthday wish/coupon. But the reports and abilities to do more that I ever could outweigh what I cannot do!

Response from Traxia

Thanks Heidi for your amazing review. It's really appreciated! We're so glad to hear you're saving money because you switched to SimpleConsign. Our Professional Plan allows you to send messages to all of your consignors. Let's chat about it!

Thomas C.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Started as a user now I'm the owner/administrator

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

Pros

The product has been very user friendly. With all software it takes some time to get adjusted but it becomes the new norm for running the business. I like the percentage calculations that are taken care of and especially the access for the vendors online. That has closed the deal for many prospective vendors.

Cons

Applying the logistics of all calculations in regard to income taxes. I am in the process of running every variable of report in order to get an accurate number on the store income.

Response from Traxia

Thank you for your review Thomas, in regards to your reports needs, contact support and they should be able to help you resolve any hiccups.

Leah G.

Review for SimpleConsign Software

Reviewed on 28/1/2021

Simple Consign keeps track of many aspects of my business and the reports are easy to find and print. I completely recommend this software to any consignment store.

Pros

Simple Consign is very easy to use when inputting inventory. It keeps excellent track of consignors inventory and money earned. The reports are easy to access which is vital to our business. I also love that we are able to add notes to each consignors accounts.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to see the consignors store credit balance along with their cash balance.

Response from Traxia

Thank you for your review Leah, looking forward to many more years of partnership!

Mandy C.

Great service!

Reviewed on 6/11/2018

I've been in business 5 years and I'm so happy with my decision to go with taxia - simpleconsign!

Pros

I love the company behind the software. I can call them anytime and they walk me through whatever issue I am having.

Cons

Would like the store credit and cash balance listed side by side. It confuses my employees when consigners ask how much credit they have.

Response from Traxia

Mandy, thanks for the incredible review. We're so glad that you've especially noticed the company and people behind the software. It makes us feel good knowing we're personally having an impact on you and your store. We always appreciate the suggestions from our customers too. You are the ones that make SimpleConsign the best it can be.

Tammy H.

Best Consignment Software by far!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

I have used Simple Consign since the company began. As a previous user of the top rated software at the time, I can honestly say between the two there is no comparison. Simple consign is so much easier to search for inventory. The financial reports are much more advanced. From sales to layaway to tracking customer and consignor history Simple Consign is so far ahead of any other software on the market. I wouldn't run my shop without it. I can't end this review with out mentioning the great customer service. They are always there ready to help with any issue that may arise. Great people with a great product!!

Pros

It is so easy to use.

Cons

There are no major issues I have with this software.

• Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great software for consignment stores

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

We enjoy using Simple Consign in our store. We tried various other softwares and ultimately decided Simple Consign was the most "bang for our buck".

Pros

- Easy to setup and start using right away
- User Interface is very easy to navigate
- Web based so there is no hardware required

Cons

- The reporting could be improved.
- Customizable dashboards would make it very easy to see important information
- Some out of the box integrations with other platforms would be nice.

Response from Traxia

Team Traxia loves a mystery! To our mystery reviewer, thanks for taking the time. So glad to hear we offer the most "bang for the buck!" Obviously, we have a little work to do in order to bring your review up to 5 stars and a 10 out of 10 recommendation. Thanks for choosing SimpleConsign!

Great Consignment Tool

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

I had a very positive experience with SimpleConsign until the end, where I felt that the customer care could have been a little better. I would still recommend the product.

Pros

I felt that the documentation of consignor inventory, payouts, etc. were extremely accurate and useful.

Cons

Searching for certain inventory, especially if it became converted.

Response from Traxia

Dear Mystery Reviewer, we appreciate your time offering a review. I must admit, "until the end" sounds a little scary. If you've left SimpleConsign, we hope you've moved on to bigger and better things.
Thanks again,
Team Traxia

Joe B.
  • Industry: Sports

Please help us go live with an online store!

Reviewed on 1/2/2021

It works well for things sold in our store. We can't figure out how to seamlessly integrate an online shopping model.

Pros

It works well for selling and consigning our stuff in our retail store.

Cons

We can not seemlessly integrate our POS with our online store. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are struggling with Shopify and Traxia. Please help!

Response from Traxia

Hey Joe, thanks for your review! Part of it was redacted so I can't tell what is not working, contact me at [email protected] so we can get this sorted out and get you selling online!

Mary bridget P.

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

Love having it available. More live support would be ideal.

Pros

Intuitive nature of check out and most settings

Cons

Building reports is done more in programmer language than retail friendly. Biggest critism is incompatibility with Wuickbooks

Response from Traxia

Mary Bridget,
Thanks for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. We appreciate it. Please contact Support regarding our compatibility with Quickbooks. Currently, we integrate with the installed version and we're days away from integrating with the online version. We'd love to chat with you about it.
Team Traxia

Paige P.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 28/7/2020

Pros

I like that the software keeps all of my vendors organized, that the totals are calculated automatically based on the percentages that I set up, and that I as an admin/owner have real time access anywhere that I have internet (and so do my vendors).

Cons

That it is not fully integrated with Shopify. Only certain features are. Having a website is so important during this time we are in. I am not able to run my inventory through Simple Consign and my website. I need Simple Consign to offer a way to get variants (sizes and colors) to Shopify ASAP. The majority of my business is boutique and currently I am only able to load 1 size and color for each item. For instance, on the website I should have 1 picture for a shirt. Click on it to choose color and size. Right now, with Simple Consign, I can only have 1 size and color per picture, that means that I would have 3 listings for the 3 different sizes of the same shirt. Not exactly a clean, clutter free website. I believe they are supposed to be getting an update for this, however it keeps getting pushed back.

Janet E.

Business Owner

Reviewed on 15/3/2019

Simple Consign was recommended to me prior to opening my own market with 60+ consignors.
It was truly a gift and the software is very user friendly. I highly recommend SimpleConsign, your consignors will love you for it.

Pros

I like the ability that my consignors can enter their inventory remotely.
This was a huge advantage to me and cost me one less employee.

Cons

There needs to be more training videos for all the functions that the software can perform.
I know that i only scratch the surface and am not getting full benefit of the software.

Response from Traxia

Thanks Janet for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. We appreciate it! You're not the only one to mention that you'd like to know more about our amazing array of features. Remember, we have 2 live training sessions each week and you can ask all kinds of questions. I'll send you the invitation!

Beau S.
  • Industry: Furniture
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great pod software

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

As a retired consultant in the IT field I was tasked with finding the point of sale system for our organization. We’ve been very satisfied with simple can sign. Their customer service has been excellent and the software it works flawlessly

Pros

We are a volunteer Crafts organization that has around 200 members. We find simple consign to be very easy for all of our users to use.

Cons

We have had to do several workarounds because the fields weren’t exactly right for our sales. We also would like to be able to store seller history but because Our sales are essentially through three craft shows per year we can’t do that

Response from Traxia

Thank you for your review Beau. As we continue to support more businesses we're always looking to expand our options for those businesses.

Sharon W.

Great deal for the $$$'S

Reviewed on 22/1/2021

Never had a bad day with them and been with them for almost 10 years.

Pros

It is very easy to use, easy to train others on. Reports are easy to use and read. The help team is exactly that helpful.

Cons

Can't think of a thing that I do not like.

Response from Traxia

Thank you for your review Sharon! Happy to have you as part of the team!