EZRentOut

4.5/5
4.7/5

Terri
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

I have only been using EzRentOut for a few months & I love it. Easy to learn.

Reviewed on 18/11/2017

It covers all the bases & encompasses more than if you ran an in house office.
Asset tracking is a definate plus.
Everything you need is right there, online.

Pros

Overall it's great software. Very easy to get around & easy to learn as well. You can sort the rentals out a variety of ways. As of just recently, it allows you to issue refunds, through your credit card company. The Customer Service Team is always available & open to new ideas.

Cons

From time to time there are glitches.
There are a few things I wish the software would do. Am planning to contact EzRentOut to offer some suggestions .

Response from EZRentOut

Hi Terri, thank you for taking the time to review EZRentOut. We are always open to new ideas and we're looking forward to hearing your suggestions. Thanks!

John

Equipment rental software

Reviewed on 18/10/2020

Neutral to good so far

Pros

It literally has every feature you can possibly think to run a rental business without having keys much different applications it's kind of an all-in-one deal

Cons

The onboarding process could be streamlined so much easier

JobNimbus

Reasons for Switching to EZRentOut

Job numbers is just an example of inequality non-specific CRM but if you're in the rental business this app saves you a lot of data entry by having features geared just towards rental

Response from EZRentOut

Thank you for your kind words. EZRentOut is constantly evolving and adding more features to its arsenal so that our valued clients can enable their businesses to do more than ever before. We are truly sorry that you did not have a smooth onboarding experience. You can always reach out to your designated Solutions Consultant in case you need assistance with anything. Our Solutions Consultants are equipped to answer every concern that you might have regarding the product. We value all the feedback from our users so that we can make our product better to serve you better.

Gwen
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Glitchy

Reviewed on 3/1/2019

It helps us to easily track our assets.

Pros

Ease of tracking our assets. This is literally all I like about this software.

Cons

I have noticed many small things that are not really a major functionality issue, (aside from one that was a big problem), but more strange and confusing. On the bookings page, items that are to be rented out today, sometimes show up green, sometimes just black. I find the green beneficial when there happens to be a long list of upcoming rentals, but that function is not always working. Also, on many occasions, the customer's name on the bookings page will randomly change to my name. If I click on the order, the information within the order is still correct, I just find that quite odd and slightly ignorant. I often have an issue when selecting rent out order where it prompts me to enter tracking info, after I have already done so. Sometimes, it will leave the tracking info there and allow me to choose rent out order a second time, while other times it deletes my tracking number and I have to renter that info. This is not only frustrating, but inefficient. My final and largest complaint is concerning an order that I never received an email about (I have the system set to notify me 2 days in advance and day of order), nor did it ever show up in my bookings list until nearly a week after it was due to be shipped. That one really floored me. I check my bookings list multiple times per workday, and as I previously mentioned, I also have email notifications set up. Overall, the system is ok. I don't love it, but it works to get the job done for the most part.

Florence

AmeriTex Rentals

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

So far so good, very convenient and user family.

Pros

I'm very happy about the customer service received from EZRentOut. Any time I face a challenge and can't figure something out support is only an email way and their response time is unbelievable.

Cons

I love the fact that the software's customization features, however customizing it yourself is very tedious. Scrolling through all the settings to find the one your looking for can be a little bit of a pain. But EZRentOut is constantly upgrading and changing their software to meet consumer demands.

Booqable and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to EZRentOut

Pricing and format style seemed superior compared to the others.

Response from EZRentOut

Hello Florence,

We are delighted to hear about your positive experience in using EZRentOut and how you found it easy to use and convenient. We appreciate your valuable feedback, and we are pleased our customer support department was able to address your queries timely. If you still face any other concerns in the future, feel free to email us at [email protected], and we would love to rectify them.

AJ

Fits Our Business Like A Glove

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Having utilized EZRentOut pretty much consistently for a few months now I can say that the experience is astonishing. I can work quicker and all the more effectively with all that I do.

Pros

This product is extremely simple to utilize and has some incredible highlights.
The groups are an extraordinary component for our item offering - we lease plastic moving boxes.

Standard rental period is fourteen days that we can without much of a stretch expand.
Each pack incorporates various sizes of boxes. The custom section highlight permits us to abrogate and change the rental so I know there is consistently a simple method to incorporate exceptional circumstances (we incorporate longer rental periods for nothing if the client rents one of our bigger stockpiling holders).

Discounts and voiding are simple and all around reported. Expense is sufficiently straightforward - despite the fact that we should focus since we convey various duty purviews (we need to physically choose the right assessment rate). The dashboard is a decent review of the entirety of our movement. The email updates are a life hack - reminding the customer that the rental is finishing and inquiring as to whether they need to broaden. We duplicate ourselves inside so we see the messages that every customer gets - this is useful regarding continually observing what the client is encountering. We send the client a "please audit us" email naturally when we close out the rental - functions admirably.

Cons

The standard value level ought to at any rate permit paypal for advanced installments. Not having a possibility for customers to submit installments through at any rate one online entry diminishes the viability of the application.

I comprehend why this is an element confined to the in addition to bundle for esteem reasons, however I feel leaves the end client to pick between naturally moving up to a greater expense plan or setting up an outer handling technique, for example, sending installment joins by means of an outside mail administration. Eventually this adds more erosion to the EZRentOut arrangement measure as installments are a KPI that ought to be anything but difficult to recognize from an examination stance it is lumbering to keep records both in EZRentOut and an extra stage.

Other than that I should state Bravo!!

You and the EZRentOut Team have worked superbly and I want you to enjoy all that life has to offer!

Response from EZRentOut

Thank you for review. We are constantly trying to improve our product to suit our customers' needs. We have therefore noted down your views regarding the use of PayPal instalments in the standard plan and will discuss it with our development team to see if it is a viable option. Please continue sharing your feedback with us, as we are always striving to alter EZRentOut to serve you better.

Easily Track your rental inventory

Reviewed on 15/11/2018

We now have a dashboard that shows our available rental inventory that our sales force can see and utilize across the board.

Pros

I like that I can track costs, locations, and revenue of all our rental fleet. The interface is easy.

Cons

Adding and editing orders, pricing and customer information could be a little easier. We operate on a 2 day rental program and we are closed on weekends. EZ rent has a hard time charging correctly when we don't charge for Sundays.

Response from EZRentOut

Hi, thank you for taking out the time to review EZRentOut. We're delighted to know that our product is making it easy for you to track your rental inventory.

I have forwarded your feedback regarding our order management module to the product team and they will be looking into it. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Great inventory software

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Overall, this a great program to work with! Once all the inventory is in, it's quite easy and fun to work with!!

Pros

Practical, easy to use for mostly all features. Prints layouts are really beautiful and nicely done!

Cons

We cannot take out inventory as easy as we can can add some. It's impossible to do a quote for separate days in the same time period. Sometimes, the inventory available bugs and even though I have plenty in stock, it won't allow my order.

Sylvain
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

EZRentOut review

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

Pros

The mobile app with scanning features. Ease of use.

Cons

Not much so far. Pretty solid software with great features.

Response from EZRentOut

Hi Sylvain, thank you for taking out the time to review EZRentOut. We're glad that your are liking our product.

David
  • Industry: Events Services

Very thorough software

Reviewed on 10/4/2019

Pros

There are A TON of settings that allow you to customize the software to exactly what you want.

Cons

Sometimes there are too many settings/options and they're not really organized the best. If I know a setting needs to be changed, I have to sort through all of them.

Response from EZRentOut

Hi David, thank you for submitting a review on EZRentOut. The team here at EZRentOut is thrilled to hear such good feedback.

If you have trouble navigating our system, or in finding what you need you can schedule a demo with our product specialist. They will walk you through the customization options available in our system.

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Proficient and Scalable

Reviewed on 24/1/2019

Our primary goal for using EZRentOut was to reduce our inventory reporting in order to rent out more inventory with less confusion. EZRentOut was instrumental in delivering a system that allowed us to do this.

Pros

I really like the versatility of the software which can handle many different types of orders. EXRentOut's software can handle pretty much whatever we throw at it. Additionally, when we do run into an exception their support team is quick to assist.

Cons

Not much to say for things I like least. I will mention that some of the order templates are hard to edit at first but once you have done it a few times, you get the hang of it.

June

No regrets thus far!

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Pros

Not many equipment rental softwares can cater to construction equipment rental industry. But this one nailed it in terms of operation processes and pricing methods. This software certainly helps to improve a company's processes by leaps. Not only the software, the support was the best we've experienced so far. Although we are located much further away from the United States and some requirements may be different, they're always willing to listen and help us. Can't wait to make use of all the features available in this software.

Cons

We know there is no one best solution for everyone because every business is different. The software is very good, and their team is constantly working on better features, which is what we really appreciate. We thought the bundle feature could be more robust in terms of its flexibility to swap items within a bundle. This would definitely be more helpful for us. It would also be good if we can have more control over the customization of the printout templates in terms of the placement of different fields and line items.

• Industry: Security & Investigations

Good software, frequent improvements, high learning curve

Reviewed on 14/2/2022

Very good. Software works well. Have tried one or two competitors. The constant improvements give me hope for ease of use changes in the future. Staff is highly motivated to help through support.

Pros

Works well, great support, highly customizable.

Cons

High learning curve for shop staff and customers. Most of this is related to the particular way my industry rents equipment, our rentals are typically open ended, and this isn't easy to do in EZRent currently.

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi James. Happy to know that you're satisfied with our service. Continuous and timely improvement of our product is one of our core beliefs as a company, and your feedback is highly appreciated. We'll also make sure to pass on the kind words to our untiring support team, which is always available round the clock to help out our clients.

Rental Software Review

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

Overall excellent software makes the job and the company easier to operate.

Pros

Its easy to use and to set up, and any issues are taken care of in a timely manner.

Cons

It seems that some things updates are rushed and not fully tested which leads to many calls or emails to tech support.

Response from EZRentOut

Hi James, Thank you for your honest feedback. We are improving EZRentOut daily so that it can better serve our users. We are a growing company and improving the quality of our work is our primary goal. I ensure you that the quality of our fixes will improve in the coming year and the number of issues that you will potentially face will be reduced to a minimum.

Julian 'mo'
  • Industry: Media Production

Best customer service...EVER!?

Reviewed on 6/9/2016

Through my experience in a small business, I've gone through a couple of other inventory programs. I ended up leaving them, not because of functionality problems, but because the developers never did anything about those problems/suggestions.

I was very surprised when every time (really, every single day) I sent them a message about wanting a feature, or inquiring about a functionality issue, the EzRentOut customer support got back to me the SAME DAY, every single time. 99% of the time they would either fix the problem for me entirely, or help me step-by-step to get around whatever I've had an issue with. Very, very impressive. They stand for, and respect their customers. They really get it. Great job guys and gals at EzRentOut; really!

Pros

I love how easy the layout is, and how simple. There is nothing too complicated, and things are very easy to keep track of and maintain. The customer support is amazing.
I also love how customers can suggest features, and the ezrent staff takes them into careful consideration based on overall functionality. Very intuitive team behind this software.

Cons

Not having certain features (yet!), but again, the Ez Team never ignores a suggestion, and considers them very carefully.

I haven't found too much that I don't like honestly...and when I do, they are minor and I just contact support about it!

• Industry: Media Production

Finally, something simple

Reviewed on 17/1/2019

This is the fourth inventory system we have tried. It's the only one that had the features we were looking for and was simple enough to train everyone on in just a couple days. An inventory system is only as good as the data that goes into it, so a system that makes it simple for anyone to add and adjust items is wrth its weight.

Pros

1. Web based, can access from anywhere, scan from anywhere.
2. Lots of options and layers to package kits together, good for a company like ours where we have gear in cases and need to track the case AND what's in it.
3. The cost, it's a really good value for the features you get.

Cons

I would like to be able to load more than 100 items per page.

Ben
  • Industry: Events Services

Lots of features

Reviewed on 21/1/2020

Pros

What attracted us to this software was the ability to minimize the admin hours for our rentals. With the equipment scheduling, we know exactly what we have available at any given date.

Cons

The web interface is a bit clunky. There is a LOT of customizing to get set up. We're working though it, but the learning curve is more than we were hoping for.

Flex and Rentman

Response from EZRentOut

Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking out time to write us a review.

We're delighted to hear that we could minimize the admin hours for your rentals and were able to assist you with the best of our abilities.

If you encounter any concerns in the future, feel free to drop us a message at [email protected] and we would love to assist you.

matt

EZRentOut Review

Reviewed on 22/3/2019

Picked it up in a single day. Very intuitive and easy to use. Hasn't failed me yet.

Pros

Navigating the menus and finding assets is a breeze.

Cons

Wish that there was a some sort of mobile app for when i'm not at my desk.

Response from EZRentOut

Hi Matt, thank you for taking out the time to review EZRentOut. We're glad that our software is making it easy for you to find and manage assets. We do have EZRentOut mobile app on App store/Play store. So that's another problem solved for you :)

Sebastian
  • Industry: Hospitality

Golf Cart Rentals with EZ Rent

Reviewed on 24/3/2021

Really enjoy EZRentOut, easy to use, user friendly, payment is easy to process

Pros

Charging, entering guest information, pricing

Cons

Asset organization & returns organization

Response from EZOfficeInventory

Hi Sebastian, Thank you for such a positive feedback. We prioritize in making your workflows more efficient so that you can focus on growing your business. We hope to bring more improvements to our system so if you have any feedback then feel free to reach out at [email protected]

Jaffer

Suggestions

Reviewed on 9/2/2022

Good

Pros

It is used to create customer invoices for equipment rental. It is a separate from the accounting software, as such facilitate to keep the accounting numbers in order

Cons

Lacks credit and debits notes...........

Carl

Its true to label

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Advanced bookings and everything in one place rather then on multiple spreadsheets and white boards

Pros

EZRentOut lives up to it's name. It is easy to use and all the functions and selections make sense to the tech savvy and the not so tech savvy user. The mobile app is great.
Speed is better then normal for online software. Set-up is straight forward and flexible. There are plenty of options for customization. Integration with Xero accounting system is a big positive for us.

Cons

The charge out rate structure is different to what were we using, ie weeks/days rather than weeks/part weeks, but we just altered our system to match, not a major.

Response from EZRentOut

Dear Carl,

We are glad you took out time to provide us with your feedback and are delighted to hear you felt EZRentOut lives up to its name. If you face any concerns in the future, feel free to email us at [email protected], and our customer success department would love to assist you.

Adam

Best option I could find

Reviewed on 8/8/2014

We used to work with different custom made solutions. And they became really stagnant and old school. I was desperately waiting for a new option and EZRentOut seem to have most of what we needed. The good thing is that new features are added regularly to it.

We work with Quickbooks and this product has a plug in for that. So that was one major plus for us. The other one was the unification of managing our equipment, clients and orders. As a media production house, we treat our equipment really carefully because loosing a small piece or getting a light buzzed costs us money, clients and reputation. EZRentOut has this ability to track every item individually. Previously, I'd have a stock of 10 cameras without any individual distinction but now I can tell exactly which camera is where and in what condition. This was the second major plus for us. The mobile app came out today and it's really neat and fast. (I would not have written this 'happy' review if they kept lingering the mobile app). I also liked their feature of packaging stuff in bundles. It's a real booster.

Rental pricing rules and custom entries on orders (special discounts/adjustments etc) are also important to us as I'm sure that they will be for every other rental business. But EZRentOut does not have that (as yet?). Last time I heard from their support representative, they were working on these features. Not sure when will they come out and how would they look.

Nick
  • Industry: Entertainment

Everything we need in one place, EZ Rent Out makes it easy to be professional and run a...

Reviewed on 27/9/2017

Pros

The navigation, design and layout are simple, consistent and easy! There's very little delay for teaching new users how to operate the software.
The history log is excellent, giving you not only the ability to search through previous orders, but also modify anything.
Love the quick search tool, which then allows you to easy add items to a new order. Not just that, but it lets you know if items are available or not in the same action as well!
Integration of Quickbooks!

Cons

I think the mobile app is one step behind the computer software. It just needs to be simplified in my opinion!

Response from EZRentOut

Hi Nick, we appreciate you taking the time to review EZRentOut. We're really glad that our system is making it easy for you to run your business. Also, I have passed on your feedback regarding the mobile app to the product team. If you are in need of any assistance or have suggestions for us, please reach out to our support team.

nino

my review

Reviewed on 24/1/2019

good friendly system

Pros

once you know the system its easy to use

Cons

will not due cycle billing by numbers 1,2,3

Alex

Exactly what we were looking for

Reviewed on 11/5/2016

Summary: Easy to use and was able to get up and running without much trouble. There are a few things that can be improved but the it seems as though updates are frequent. Ultimately, it's a great bang for your buck for rental businesses.

Pros:
- Constantly improving. The little time we've been using EZRentOut, we've already noticed improvements to the platform.
- Though the setup is relatively simple, EZRentOut provides many options to customize the platform to needs. The ability to set custom fields to particular groups is one example off the top of my head.
- The price is relatively cheap considering it's a functional all in one system. We were previously looking to have a similar system developed and we were quoted at $20,000 and up. Even at the most expensive plan, it's a bargain considering it comes with 5 users.

Cons:
- The live site is has very limited configuration options and has a few bugs. Though according to their blog it seems like a recent addition to the platform so I am sure they will improve on it.
- Would be great if the QuickBooks integration had the option to carry over the line item over to the invoice line item and sync rental products with products and services in QuickBooks. For now we will be manually be creating invoices in QuickBooks.

nathan

EzRentOut Makes It EZ

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Made tracking easy and from anywhere. Customer service is very helpful and with quick response time.

Pros

The ease of it. Simple to learn and easy to navigate.

Cons

Wish you could transfer an item from one group to another group with out deleting and recreating.