SentricHR

4.7/5

Jeff

Our experience with Sentric

Reviewed on 25/6/2021

Sentric has allowed us to streamline our remote hiring and given us the ability to offer our employees the self-service experience. It's ease of use in application will be a game changer of our back office operations.

Pros

Easily customizable. There were certain features we felt were paramount to our organization, most related to hiring and yearly competencies. Our requirements in the health care industry are not cookie cutter, and Sentric allowed us to meet each and every one of our requirements.

Cons

At this point in our experience, I don't think we've used the platform enough to have found any issues to point out.

Paycom and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

The a la carte options were a big factor. Larger systems would not separate their payroll features.

Response from Sentric

Thanks for your review, Jeff! We're happy to hear that SentricHR has helped you and your team streamline your remote hiring process and engage your employees. We look forward to growing our partnership!

Judith
  • Industry: Human Resources

Just completed the implementation

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

Our previous HRIS was "clunky" and every time I had an issue and called the support line I'd find out there was a "glitch" in the system and it would be sent to product development to resolve. SentricHR has amazing support who are very responsive and solution focused. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with the SentricHR team!

Pros

As an administrator and project manager for the implementation, I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to get setup. The SentricHR Implementation Specialist assigned to our account was excellent. He was patient and always available to answer questions and provide guidance. I've gone through a number of these implementations with other vendors and what was promised by the sales team always had gaps with what the product could actually deliver without buying upgrades or "clunky" workarounds. We are very new as a customer, but so far SentricHR has exceeded my expectations.

Cons

We have just completed the implementation and have yet to roll it out to our employees, so I don't feel I can adequately answer this question. From what I've seen and experienced so far, I can't identify any concrete "cons" at this point.

Response from Sentric

We are glad to hear implementation went well, Judy! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Lynnette
  • Industry: Insurance

After the huge upgrade last year, I feel like things got a bit more difficult.

Reviewed on 29/5/2018

Payroll processing and everything in one place. I liked how it was set up when we had one dedicated representative.

Pros

I like that I have all my information in one place and how the applicant tracking system information flows over when a person is hired.

Cons

I don't like that things are not as easy to find anymore. We always have problems pulling accurate reports, such as active employees. There are always employees missing even though we show them as active. Little things like that. The format is not as welcoming or easy to figure out.

Jessica
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Sentric is Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/11/2022

Pros

Sentric makes all aspects of employee payroll, benefits, absences and performance management easy to use.

Cons

Printing the performance reviews is very cumbersome and could use updated. It takes multiple clicks and time to get to the final PDF download to print. Many times, employees give up thinking the system isn't working and HR has to pull for them.

Response from Sentric

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Jessica! We've shared your feedback with our product team, and they may reach out to you if they need additional information.

We appreciate your partnership and look forward to continuing to support your team's success with SentricHR!

Christina
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Why we chose SentricHR

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

So far we have been very happy with what we have and are learning more about the features on a daily basis. The video tutorials are very helpful.

Pros

The software is intuitive when set-up correctly. Corrections can be made early on after deployment.

Cons

Currently we have not experienced any issues with the software.

Paycom and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

Their system is very antiquated and MS Dynamics will no longer support their own system.

Price was a factor.

Response from Sentric

We are happy to hear that you've been satisfied so far, Christina, and we look forward to working with you as you discover all that SentricHR has to offer! Thanks for your review.

Agnieszka
  • Industry: Machinery

Easy to use, great technical support

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

Pros

It is easy to use, Sentric works consistently on improving, adding new features and staying up- to-date with its software. Customer service is prompt, and always very helpful and response time is quick.

Cons

few glitches after updates, but nothing major

Michelle
  • Industry: Chemicals

User friendly

Reviewed on 21/9/2020

I enjoy, very much, working with Sentric and it's Support Team. Never have I not been satisfied with a situation.

Pros

It's easy to set up and employee and the reports features are awesome.

Cons

Having to create a new employee when transferred to another company and their records are all new.

Response from Sentric

Thank you, Michelle! We take all feedback into consideration and appreciate your review.

Michael
  • Industry: Accounting

Very Robust Software and excellent US based sales and support to customize your solution!

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Excellent! The implementation specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was especially helpful in getting our internal payroll up and running. She was also able to do this with a quick turnaround because of deadlines set by the parent company.

Pros

The ability to white label for all of our underlying companies.

Cons

The user interface is a little dated but, functionality is very robust.

ADP Workforce Now and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

ADP was expensive and did not offer the HRIS ability with the white label ability for different brands. Much more competitive on price.

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Competitively priced, SentricHR offers a full suite of tools to help an HR and payroll department function effectively. Also, they offer multi-site branding.

Response from Sentric

We're glad to hear implementation went well, Michael. Thanks so much for your positive feedback!

Janae
  • Industry: Farming

All-in-one HR, Payroll, and Time Platform

Reviewed on 1/3/2022

Overall, implementing SentricHR as a platform to track all people related items is incredibly helpful. This will help us in the future as we grow our workforce and allow scalability to what we do as HR.

Pros

I love how all HR matters are in one platform. This allowed me to bring all my "systems" in to one platform.

Cons

The time keeping platform can use some improvements for mobile features.

APS Payroll and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Competitive cost and functions of the system, modern look, and ease of use.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for your thoughtful review, Janae! We are thrilled to hear that SentricHR is meeting your needs, and we look forward to working with you and your team as you continue to grow.

• Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Transitioning and adapting to Sentric Workforce has proven mostly favorable

Reviewed on 17/5/2018

A better understanding of how payroll/time clock software integrates with HR.

Pros

System works well for mid-size organizations and can be customized according to the organization's needs and pay rules. More or less it was a seamless transition from the larger payroll provider I had utilized in the past, as well as more affordable. The account representatives that I deal with the majority of the time are professional, kind, hard-working, and knowledgeable.

Cons

We utilize Attendance On Demand, which is the time clock side of Sentric and it is more challenging to correct issues since it's a 3rd party application. Additionally, some of the features within Sentric are less than user-friendly and do not often have clear instructional guides on "how-to's" (I can assume this is mostly due to all the customizations).

Melissa

My first choice in Payroll and HR Software

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

Overall, this is the most comprehensive, yet user friendly, HRIS/Payroll system available. Having working with almost every large payroll product on the market over my 30+ years in business, the fact that I have implemented SentricWorkforce in the last 3 companies that I have worked with will be an indicator that this is a quality product, supported by a quality team of programmers, implementation specialists, and customer support and service providers. SentricWorkforce allows our company to drive supervisory responsibilities down to the managers that need it, while providing HR and Finance the confidentiality necessary to maintain our team members' privacy of information.

Pros

SentricWorkforce is a well-designed and well-rounded HRIS/Payroll System. The integration between Time and Labor Management (time cards) and HR (benefits, time off plan, performance) is seamless and makes running payroll a breeze.
The Time Off Plans, electronic forecasting, requesting time off, and approval process is always a "fan favorite" with the company employees, and they like being able to manage their own demographic information, direct deposits, tax information, etc.
As an Administrator, the wealth of stock reports, along with the ability to write ad hoc reports, means that I can always have the information I need, when I need it.

Cons

The one area where the software can be better, and rumor has it this is being add for a future release, is in providing calendar view of schedules and time off, both departmentally and company-wide.

Pam

Great HRIS System

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

The company I work for has been utilizing SentricHR for almost 9 years. My overall experience with SentricHR has been great. The company I work for recently went through a change that involved SentricHR setting up a new account for us. The move from one company name to another - including behind the scenes tax / billing information - went pretty well. The SentricHR customer service is amazing!

Pros

The reporting feature is one of my favorites. If SentricHR hasn't already designed a report in need, they will help you design it or I can design something myself by using their Ad-Hoc option.

Cons

The thing I like least about SentricHR is - employees do not have the option of filling out a timecard via a mobile phone unless employees punch in and out each day. It would be nice for SentricHR to design a program that allows employees to add how many hours they worked in a day - via a mobile device.

Response from Sentric

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Pam. We appreciate the longstanding partnership we have and are happy to hear our support team continues to exceed expectations!

We can confirm that employees are able to add their hours from a mobile device. A member of our Product Support team will be in touch with more information.

Vicki
  • Industry: Plastics

Sentric is fantastic

Reviewed on 22/9/2020

The implementation process was so well run and everyone at Sentric is extremely helpful. The critical support area is super responsive and great with following up to make sure problems or issues are addressed or fixed.

Pros

We implemented the time & attendance module and it was customized for all the crazy union rules and labor rates we have. It has saved me a ton of time as i can trust that Sentric is calculating pay correctly.

Cons

The reporting function could be a bit more user friendly and customizable, in both the payroll and time & attendance areas. I do have reporting for several plans that are non-calendar year that are tough to do.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for your feedback, Vicki. We definitely appreciate you taking the time to post the review.

Rocio
  • Industry: Machinery

Great software for the price!

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Like the system overall and like that SentricHR keeps up with innovation and updates.

Pros

Single platform for HRIS and Payroll plus the ESS.

Cons

Reporting is not very user friendly and clunky.

Response from Sentric

We really appreciate your feedback, Rocio! Other clients have found our free Connect sessions helpful to talk through specific reporting needs with a member of our Product Support Team. You can schedule one at any time by visiting the SentricHR Help Center.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great product for our organization!

Reviewed on 2/6/2022

From the very start to full implementation my overall experience with SentricHR has been great. I have been very well taken care of and the implementation went at the speed I needed and not of anyone else's. It was nice to be able to change and adjust as things changed in my needs.

Pros

One of the main reasons we went with SentricHR is that it provided so much more in the base package than other products. With SentricHR, we could start with many different pieces and then grow if needed into the other as management allowed.

Cons

Really, the only one that gets me right now is the fact that I can't schedule a report to send to my email on a scheduled basis. I think that is a nice feature from other products that I don't see here.

APS Payroll and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

The great offerings and price.

Response from Sentric

Thanks so much for your review, Jennifer! We are happy to hear SentricHR fits your needs. We look forward to helping you continue to grow!

Nicole
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Sentric Payroll Experience

Reviewed on 17/3/2022

Pros

The features that are most important to me are the reporting and viewing a user. You are able to make an ad hoc report with all the information in the system. You can also view the user to see what they see . This makes sure they are set up correctly.

Cons

If you create an ad hoc report with to much information it can take a long time for it to produce. This does not happen to much anymore but did when I first started. (Might have been user error).

Response from Sentric

Thanks so much for your feedback, Nicole!

Matt
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Top notch customer service. They are very responsive and have been helpful in implementation.

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

Sentric helped us streamline multiple software systems into one all in one solution for payroll and HRIS and ATS. Helped a lot in simplifying our time tracking to payroll.

Pros

The payroll module and open enrollment are great. Love the performance management feature as well. If you have some basic html knowledge, you can do a lot to make the system your own.

Cons

I believe there is room to improve on the ATS/Recruiting portion of the software. It works and can get the job done, but would love the ability to put more notes and chat with hiring managers within user profile. I will note that Sentric has consistently made changes and continues to get better.

NIck
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

very nice package

Reviewed on 28/4/2022

WE are very new at it but i do have to say the implementation specialist is great.

Pros

all the features that tie into each other and easy of use for employees

Cons

The complication of scheduling in time and attendance and the fact we can't start adding entries into the next payroll without missing new employee entries or changes to rates.

ADP Workforce Now and Paycor

fort he HR side

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Local company with great references.

Response from Sentric

Thanks so much for your review, Nick. We look forward to a longstanding partnership with your and your team!

Ryan
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Corporate Air

Reviewed on 29/4/2021

Good. There is a lot to learn but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team have been extremely helpful with our scheduled calls and pop up questions/calls. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped me learn at a pace that I can retain the most information.

Pros

There is a lot to the software but its easy to use. SentricHR and Attendance work great together.

Cons

Routes and Alerts is going to take a while to learn. There is a lot you can do but being new to the software it seems complicated.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for sharing your review, Ryan. We value our long-standing partnership and look forward to continuing to move it forward!

Megan

Sentric HR Review

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

I am very satisfied with the product and support of Sentric HR. I can typically find all of the information I need in one system, which is great. I also live by the Sentric support team. They are always so awesome, friendly and helpful.

Pros

I like that everything is integrated into one system, and it is very user friendly.

Cons

I am happy overall with the Sentric system. I think there are always improvements that can be made to anything, but nothing specifically comes to mind.

Response from Sentric

We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments, Megan. Thank you!

LeeAnna

SentricHR - Customer Oriented

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

We have been with Sentric HR for over a year now. The customer support they offer is tremendous. Lots of helpful and friendly people - especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was our implementation specialist and continues to be a reliable support for our team! It is fairly inexpensive compared to other products offering similar services, but yet maintains a professional look.

Pros

Customer Support is Great - not "just a number" to the company (like the larger payroll companies)
Lots of functionalities that are new to our company and help elevate our HR team. Interface looks good, too!

Cons

There are too many steps (and clicking) for one simple task.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for taking the time to post, LeeAnna. Our team works hard to make sure you have the support you need. We're glad to hear you are seeing the end result of their dedication to you and all of our customers!

Rachel
  • Industry: Insurance

Good services for the price!

Reviewed on 29/7/2016

Awesome implementation from start to finish, although the implementation team should probably learn more about the backend of the system, as we ended up creating more PTO policies than we needed (there's an override function I wasn't aware of).

Pros

Easy for me to use as an administrator, and they just added a mobile app, which is awesome!!

Cons

Some of the self-service functions should be more user-friendly.

Response from Sentric

Thanks for the feedback Rachel! We'll be sure to forward it onto the implementation team and product team!

Lexi
  • Industry: Philanthropy

HRIS and Payroll System

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

Pros

customizable, many options, completes the following functions: payroll, benefits, qualifications, employee profiles, talent management, reports, attendance, notifications, and is user friendly once you get to know the system

Cons

When something isn't customizable and you have to wait for your next upgrade in order to possibly get it.

Janelle

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 6/6/2022

Pros

SentricHR is very easy to use. Every step of each feature makes sense and is a compliment for my team.

Cons

The mobile app has some glitches with the clock/in out feature. This is the only thing that needs be more compatible.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for your review, Janelle!

Amanda

Survey

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

Overall experience has been good

Pros

what i like most about sentric is the Customer support

Cons

what I like least about sentric is the Report options

Response from Sentric

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Amanda!