SentricHR

4.6/5

141 Software options

Pamela B.
  • Industry: Utilities

I am still getting acclimated to Sentric, so I am not experienced enough to give an accurate...

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

The system is fairly easy to use, I appreciate that it has an all in one capability. The time system is similar to another I have used in the past (Attendance on Demand), making my learning curve shorter.

Cons

I would prefer to have an 800# to call for support, versus only being able to send an email and wait on a response. Each time a request for an adjustment is made to the system we are charged an additional fee. This may be the way our contract was set up prior to my time, not sure. Reporting cannot be relied upon, or certain parameters are not being used correctly affecting reports. Not a fan of the way the history on an employees record is viewed.

Brandon M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

SentricHR

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Sentric has been very beneficial for us going from just a payroll system to an HR/payroll system, and we’ve added more features over the years. Sentric has allowed us to streamline our processes, assist in compliance and reporting, and gives us information at our fingertips. The customer support is quick and responsive, and I get connected with the right person to help me every time. And on top of all of that, Sentric keeps improving and developing their software.

Pros

I like that we are able to house a lot of information in one place. This makes it easy to access and use for streamlining processes, reporting, and getting information.
The document feature has been really nice, and I look forward to additional updates. It's helping us head towards paperless, and it makes it more convenient as we are spread out over multiple states.
We recently added the recruitment module and that has been very helpful for our recruiting and compliance efforts.
Customer support is very prompt and helpful. When I was first looking at HR/payroll software options, I wanted a dedicated customer service rep, and so I wasn't happy when Sentric initially changed their model. However, having working with them for a couple years, I do really like the customer support, because I'm dealing with an expert in the specific area of the software that I have a question on.

Cons

There are a good amount of standard reports and the ability to do ad hoc reports. However, sometimes I'm not always able to do everything I want in a report.
There are also occasions that the system doesn't do exactly what I want. However, I realize that is the case with any system that is designed for tons of clients. And normally, there is a work around that can be figured out.

Response from Sentric

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Brandon. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. The Product Support Team works really hard to consistently meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to hear they continue to hit the mark!

Pam Z.

Great HRIS System

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

The company I work for has been utilizing SentricHR for almost 9 years. My overall experience with SentricHR has been great. The company I work for recently went through a change that involved SentricHR setting up a new account for us. The move from one company name to another - including behind the scenes tax / billing information - went pretty well. The SentricHR customer service is amazing!

Pros

The reporting feature is one of my favorites. If SentricHR hasn't already designed a report in need, they will help you design it or I can design something myself by using their Ad-Hoc option.

Cons

The thing I like least about SentricHR is - employees do not have the option of filling out a timecard via a mobile phone unless employees punch in and out each day. It would be nice for SentricHR to design a program that allows employees to add how many hours they worked in a day - via a mobile device.

Response from Sentric

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Pam. We appreciate the longstanding partnership we have and are happy to hear our support team continues to exceed expectations!

We can confirm that employees are able to add their hours from a mobile device. A member of our Product Support team will be in touch with more information.

Cherri F.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Best Customer Service Team Ever!!

Reviewed on 8/9/2020

If there is ever anything I do not understand, need a path to reach or operator error, Sentric amazing Support Team is fast to respond and make me feel as if even my smallest concernm is a major concern with their personalized response.

Pros

Easy to use dashboard
Unparalleled training Team

Cons

I use that user had more ability to create reports themselves without having to pay for custom reports & even when some of our custom reports need to be updated or changed, there is another fee involved.

Wish the feed did not lock so many items at the top making me having to scroll down anytime I need to see changes made by HR for me to Process.

Response from Sentric

Thanks for post, Cherri. As for custom reporting, our Ad Hoc Reporting functionality should allow you to create your own custom reports. That being said, there are plans to make that tool even more flexible and powerful early next year.

The pins that are locked at the top of your feed are defined by your company's administrator and can be modified by your organization. Please reach out to our support team if you have any questions.

Rocio A.
  • Industry: Machinery

Great software for the price!

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Like the system overall and like that SentricHR keeps up with innovation and updates.

Pros

Single platform for HRIS and Payroll plus the ESS.

Cons

Reporting is not very user friendly and clunky.

Response from Sentric

We really appreciate your feedback, Rocio! Other clients have found our free Connect sessions helpful to talk through specific reporting needs with a member of our Product Support Team. You can schedule one at any time by visiting the SentricHR Help Center.

Leanne H.

SentricHR Fan

Reviewed on 18/9/2020

We have had a great experience with SentricHR and I can't stress enough how great the support staff is. I've never had an issue that was not quickly resolved other than the mobile app.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and all the training and support staff are outstanding. Our organization does not use the software for payroll but may transition to that in the future. SentricHR has helped us streamline our processes into one location.

Cons

When I have found something I would like the software to do, support has been able to create a report or find a work around. One thing we've had trouble with is the SentricHR app for iPhone users; it won't load.

Response from Sentric

We appreciate your feedback, LeAnne, and thanks for the report on the iPhone app. We don't have any reports of the app not functioning but If there is still an issue, please reach out to Product Support.

Brenda T.

I like working with Sentric and have found the reps to be accommodating and friendly.

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

Pros

I have found Sentric to be fairly easy to use and your reps are generally pretty quick to respond to questions.

Cons

I think that sometimes questions or requests are lost in translation when it comes to email. There have been times when what I have attempted to communicate has not being interpreted correctly. That can be frustrating, although you do have some reps who will pick up the phone and call to be sure that everyone is on the same page.
We have learned allot about the software through trial and error. There are probably many more benefits to using your program that we just have not figured out yet. It would be very nice if you would offer more training in all the aspects of using Sentric.

Cheryle H.

Ease of doing business

Reviewed on 2/9/2020

I had a wonderful experience, I had to convert data from the old system and the team made sure I knew it was overwhelming at first, but then it got easier, and with that ease my system loaded well, my data was safe and secure, the training to the staff and employees on how to use it was so easy. The support from SentricHR is the best I have ever had with a software company. They are all a great group of people!!!

Pros

The ease of review employee profiles and the entering of data. The flow of the data, using a one system log in to retrieve your employee data. Time Card access and Employee Self Service.

Cons

I don't have anything to list at this time, but one wish list would be that once you type the employee's name in instead of hitting the Search button the system would automatically pull the name up.

Response from Sentric

We're glad to hear things are going well, Cheryle! Our people make us who we are, and we're happy to hear you think so, too. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Arlyn O.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

New to Sentric HR but very impressed!

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

We are greatly improving the candidate experience with the Applicant Tracking and onboarding system. The is critical as we are a people oriented organization.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and the incredible support! Our rep solves issues quickly and with great ease. I am so impressed!

Cons

Non that I can think of currently. Everything has been great

Response from Sentric

We appreciate your detailed feedback, Arlyn. Thanks for continuing to trust SentricHR as your tool to manage your workplace!

Megan S.

Sentric HR Review

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

I am very satisfied with the product and support of Sentric HR. I can typically find all of the information I need in one system, which is great. I also live by the Sentric support team. They are always so awesome, friendly and helpful.

Pros

I like that everything is integrated into one system, and it is very user friendly.

Cons

I am happy overall with the Sentric system. I think there are always improvements that can be made to anything, but nothing specifically comes to mind.

Response from Sentric

We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments, Megan. Thank you!

Beth C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A user from 2012

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Pros

i love it for managing payroll and benefits. The Sentric support team is always helpful, responsive and
supportive

Cons

i wish there was more cross-functioning between the SentricHR software and the AOD Time and Attendance

Response from Sentric

Thank you for your review, Beth! We value the strong partnership we have with you and your organization.

Cory W.

Excellent.

Reviewed on 11/5/2018

Pros

easy to use. very fluent. looks very good as well. The implementation was easy and seamless. Training was excellent

Cons

none. Only issue we had was getting a response back for a password issue but we resolved it ourselves. It may have been a connection error via the site but it's not a big deal.

Elsa H.
  • Industry: Accounting

Very helpful customer service, most problems solved same day, communication is excellant

Reviewed on 17/5/2018

very hands on, user friendly , easy to instruct others on how to use, updated information available at all times

Pros

Easy to work with, system lets you know when something is being done incorrectly, being able to access reports right away, payroll reports are ready the same day

Cons

can't think of anything, if there is customer service handles it right away , we just started with employee benefits we will know more by the end of the month how difficult it is for them

Linda S.

We use Sentric daily and it has been a great help to us.

Reviewed on 18/5/2018

Pros

The ease with which we can go from one area to another. It user friendly and whether adding new hires or terminating someone, the process is smooth. It is also easy to make any corrections or changes as needed. The reports are helpful and even someone new can quickly get a report using the ones on the left side that have already been completed. It has been real asset to our organization and we use it constantly.

Cons

I am new to Sentric and putting together a new report is the most challenging aspect for me. I am not always sure where to start or what to pull. I think the more I use this feature, the better I will become. I have watched the training video but it would also be helpful to have an instruction sheet to use.

Denise S.

Extremely poor system. Not intuitive and poor reporting capabilities.

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

It's something to hold data versus paper folders.

Pros

When viewing an employee, you can easily navigate to their manager's profile and vice versa. The search box is easy to navigate (but also expected).

Cons

Reporting is horrible cannot run date in time reports without pulling duplicate employee entries. The user interface lacks so much - not intuitive unless you are a power user of the platform. Difficult to maneuver around the system. No single sign-on options.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for your feedback, Denise. We take input from our clients seriously, and we've recently made significant improvements to reporting as well as the user interface. A member of our support team who specializes in reports has reached out and can guide you through the changes and any questions you have.

Tessa L.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

SentricHR Experience

Reviewed on 26/1/2021

Pros

The intuitive user interface along with the extensive library of help articles and instructional recordings make it easy to complete tasks and find information quickly. The implementation process was very thorough and covered all key topics.

Cons

As a recent new user of this software it is hard to define any true cons that could not be attributed to my own user error or inexperience at this point. Thankfully the Sentric team is always enthusiastic about providing user support and assistance.

Response from Sentric

We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience so far, Tessa. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Ashley K.

Sentric Review

Reviewed on 5/1/2017

Everyone at Sentric is very helpful. The system itself needs some work. Since we have moved, we have had to take some steps backward. We have lost onboarding capabilities and are not able to integrate with our other HR Software which creates extra steps for us. In addition, I believe they need to create a best practice for storing personal files on their system so that HR Departments can become paperless. I believe these are the 3 areas of focus for Sentric. The employees continue to love the time off forecasting and the directory.

Pros

The PTO forecasting and directory

Cons

Not able to integrate with other HR Software, No Onboarding and no areas to confidentially store personnel file information.

Veronica C.

Veronica's review on SentricHR

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

I really enjoyed working with the team to get everything set up for our company. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very helpful and worked with us every step of the way.

Pros

The ease of the software makes it very easy for someone that has never used it to be able to follow along and not get lost.

Cons

Since we are a small business there are a lot of features that we really do not need and therefore more things to see on your screen.

Response from Sentric

Thanks so much for your review, Veronica! We're looking forward to a great partnership.

Paige B.

Overall the program is ok, but lacking in some areas

Reviewed on 14/5/2018

Pros

Payroll process is pretty fast once you have proper instructions on using the software. Customer support is readily available for issues that arise.

Cons

Not very intuitive, need specific training on basic features. Reporting is lacking. Need customer support on a regular basis.

Jennifer S.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

The software has a lot of issues

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

It is a place to keep resumes organized.

Pros

Posting a requisition is an easy process. When there are issues the customer support does a good responding to tickets in a timely manner. However, a lot of time they don't seem to understand how the program functions so you schedule a call and you find out they don't have any answers for you. They have to go back and ask someone else.

Cons

You can never run your own reports you always have to put in a ticket when you need a report. Or the reports they have created don't work properly. Almost every time I use Sentric something goes wrong.

Cathy S.

Extremely service oriented company

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

I've used the SentricWorkforce product for three years. From our implementation to everyday interactions with the company, I've found their level of service to be outstanding. There is no perfect product and things can go wrong. Having a dedicated point of contact is everything - whether it is addressing a question on functionality, a user error, or day to day issues that come up, I've always felt my representative was prompt at addressing my needs. The product has a lot of functionality for the price and they continue to enhance it. I wish the report writing tool was more robust but all in all, we are very happy with the product. It has helped us streamline processes, saving us time, money, and confusion. I'd especially recommend small to mid-sized companies consider this product.

Mary D.

Good HR functionality & customer support. Time/attendance & PR have opportunities for...

Reviewed on 11/5/2018

Pros

We are a relatively new user, so still learning some things. The HR functions and employee self service seem to be the strengths of this software. Customer service is very good/responsive.

Cons

The time and attendance function works OK for simple punching, but using the "task sheet" to capture more information and allocate time to different departments/functions is not very user friendly. The payroll journal entry (to import into our G/L) is also a problem area. Payroll reports are not very customizable.

April H.

Sentric is good, but could be better...way better.

Reviewed on 16/5/2018

Pros

Sentric allows you to run a lot of different reports. I like that Sentric also functions in a way where you can do everything in one place. Other programs I've used do not allow you to do that.

Cons

You can run a lot of reports, but sometimes the reports are wrong. In Sentric you cant date stuff in the future which can be a little annoying. Sometimes Sentric just has incorrect information on paychecks. We get a lot of notices that seem to not be followed up on.

Gail P.

Poor Tech Support

Reviewed on 17/5/2018

Pros

Not hosted on International Quality Consultants, Inc.'s server. No need to worry about the server being down.

Cons

The fact that it is not more direct, too many steps to accomplish on goal. We just need payroll and it wastes our time.

Suzanne S.

Extremely skilled implementation team allowed SentricHR to transform our HR and payroll...

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Pros

Ease of use, thoroughness by implementation team, integration of talent, personnel and payroll information

Cons

Some of the reporting exports require intervention to convert into a useable format; segregation of HR from payroll reports