Shannon J.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

SentricHR Review

Reviewed on 28/8/2020

I would say it was mostly favorable, however the implementation process was much more labor intensive on the customer end than we had anticipated, and there were a few miscues in the implementation that did cause some audit/cost issues on our end. The ongoing struggles with the support response time have also been a concern.

Pros

The search and filter capabilities are a positive. The integrated time system and additional functionality of the upgraded time software is much better than what we had before.

Cons

The customer service setup is not as quick and efficient as our setup on the old software. The availability of certain demographic/employment information is no longer available in the pay entry screen as it was in M3, thus there is a lot of toggling back and forth to verify information when we proceed payroll.

Response from Sentric

Thanks for your feedback, Shannon! Our team continues to work diligently to make the software easier to use, and we will submit your comment on toggling back and forth to our product team.

Kristen A.
  • Industry: Libraries

All in One!

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

We love the system, just looking for better reporting!

Pros

We love learning new modules and how they work together. It can be overwhelming at first but staff will surprise you in how they are eager to do things electronically and adapt quickly!

Cons

The reports are difficult to learn and run and limited in the fields. I wish there was truly a MASTER report that you could pull ANY field, and you weren't limited to what is available under each category. We rarely use the reports because they are cumbersome.

Response from Sentric

Thanks for your feedback and being a long-time, loyal Sentric client, Kristen. We appreciate your comments on reporting--stay tuned for enhancements coming to the software in 2021!

Judith M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Just completed the implementation

Reviewed on 2/10/2020

Our previous HRIS was "clunky" and every time I had an issue and called the support line I'd find out there was a "glitch" in the system and it would be sent to product development to resolve. SentricHR has amazing support who are very responsive and solution focused. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with the SentricHR team!

Pros

As an administrator and project manager for the implementation, I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to get setup. The SentricHR Implementation Specialist assigned to our account was excellent. He was patient and always available to answer questions and provide guidance. I've gone through a number of these implementations with other vendors and what was promised by the sales team always had gaps with what the product could actually deliver without buying upgrades or "clunky" workarounds. We are very new as a customer, but so far SentricHR has exceeded my expectations.

Cons

We have just completed the implementation and have yet to roll it out to our employees, so I don't feel I can adequately answer this question. From what I've seen and experienced so far, I can't identify any concrete "cons" at this point.

Response from Sentric

We are glad to hear implementation went well, Judy! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Angela A.

Love SentricHR

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

I would highly recommend SentricHR to my colleagues. I love how easy it is to use and the customer support is awesome.

Pros

SentricHR is extremely user friendly, and tracks everything we need it to track. We love being able to direct employees to their own profile to see paystubs, sick and PTO balances, and the use of the forecast option. I believe this empowers the employee more than we know!

Cons

There seems to be a few glitches here and there with SentricHR. I love the constant updates and believe they are necessary, however it seems to always change really random things. This is probably also a lack of knowledge on my part.

Response from Sentric

We appreciate your review, Angela and are extremely pleased that you love SentricHR!

We do update the software on a regular basis and understand that keeping up with the release notes can be challenging. As an alternative you can utilize our free Connect Sessions so you can talk through what's new in SentricHR with a member of our Product Support Team. You can schedule one at any time by visiting the SentricHR Help Center.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Michael W.
  • Industry: Accounting

Very Robust Software and excellent US based sales and support to customize your solution!

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Excellent! The implementation specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was especially helpful in getting our internal payroll up and running. She was also able to do this with a quick turnaround because of deadlines set by the parent company.

Pros

The ability to white label for all of our underlying companies.

Cons

The user interface is a little dated but, functionality is very robust.

Response from Sentric

We're glad to hear implementation went well, Michael. Thanks so much for your positive feedback!

Bethany R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Customer Support!

Reviewed on 27/8/2020

I could not be happier with the service we receive from the SentricHR team!

Pros

The customer support is fantastic! Always helpful and friendly! The software continues to be upgraded and adapted as business needs change.

Cons

The reporting features could use some improvement with ease of use and functionality.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Bethany! Your input helps us shape our priorities, and we appreciate it.

Beth N.
  • Industry: Accounting

Overall a good experience in the beginning -

Reviewed on 14/5/2018

Time and attendance has made our life easier. Used to do a lot of manual keying.

Pros

Ease of operation - Easy to understand reporting system. Easy to navigate in the system to find information that you need.

Cons

The change from one contact person to the support team. Can't get some reporting items to run how we would like them to be. And not being able to change our GL without being charged.

Rachel A.
  • Industry: Insurance

Good services for the price!

Reviewed on 29/7/2016

Awesome implementation from start to finish, although the implementation team should probably learn more about the backend of the system, as we ended up creating more PTO policies than we needed (there's an override function I wasn't aware of).

Pros

Easy for me to use as an administrator, and they just added a mobile app, which is awesome!!

Cons

Some of the self-service functions should be more user-friendly.

Response from Sentric

Thanks for the feedback Rachel! We'll be sure to forward it onto the implementation team and product team!

Lexi K.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

HRIS and Payroll System

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

Pros

customizable, many options, completes the following functions: payroll, benefits, qualifications, employee profiles, talent management, reports, attendance, notifications, and is user friendly once you get to know the system

Cons

When something isn't customizable and you have to wait for your next upgrade in order to possibly get it.

Greg P.

Great HR software for the price

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

Overall, this system is easy to use and has robust features

Pros

Ease of use, great implementation team and customer service

Cons

They can continue to develop further technologies to aid in process maagement

Response from Sentric

Thanks for your feedback, Greg! We value our close partnership and look forward to a longstanding relationship.

Wendy P.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Very good!

Reviewed on 17/5/2018

The ability to have everything centralized. Very good support.

Pros

The ability to house everything in one area. One stop shop. The technical support is fantastic. It is accessible to all employees in various degrees of permission level.

Cons

Sometimes it can be complicated and not intuitive. It took quite awhile to become proficient. I've been using it a little over a year.

Ashley W.

Overall Great Platform

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Easy payroll processing!

Pros

The software is user friendly and easy to use! I also love the customer support. Everyone is extremely knowledgeable and friendly. They certainly go above and beyond for their clients!

Cons

Updates to the system can cause glitches in the first 24 hours, however, Sentric is steadfast about resolving all issues expeditiously.

Jessica L.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Sentric is user friendly & is a great all in one package.

Reviewed on 12/5/2018

time keeping and payroll being integrated. My managers can on board their own employees.

Pros

Payroll and timekeeping being all in on. Payroll used to take me 3 - 5 hours but now it's about 30 minutes. My managers really like it as well. We track absences and tardy s a lot easier and efficiently.

Cons

The app only displays schedules in military time. I have the option on the website to switch, and our employees easily get confused using military time. Employees also don't see the full schedule to switch with other employees which would cut down time my managers spend reaching out to employees to get shifts covered. The prenote date is really inconvenient even set at 7 days. Our employees get a live check no matter how quickly their direct deposit info is put in the system. Our previous system was 3 - 4 days & usually their first check made the direct deposit.

Kristie P.

Awesome Product, Even Better Support

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Since our initial buy in, our company has been blessed with two amazing Customer Reps! Our current Rep is absolutely fabulous!! I couldn't do my job without her help!!!

Pros

User Friendly

Cons

No Position Control feature

Kathleen G.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Happiness is outsourcing payroll!

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

We made the change to Sentric mid-year. They made it seamless and my employees only received 1 W-2. Some of the firms we looked at would only pick up their info so the employees would get 2 and I would have had to pay for 2 sets. They have the ACA figured out and the program seems to be working well. They have saved me time and money.

We have a very short turnaround time between the end of a pay period and payday. The payroll information is emailed to me shortly after we input. We are able to complete all of our in-house accounting quickly and with time to spare. I receive an email when the checks are shipped and when they have been delivered. That is peace of mind.

Pros

Cons

manual checks and gross up checks

Carvel K.

Even better than expected

Reviewed on 2/12/2013

After an extensive search for a new payroll/HR system, we decided SentricWorkForce was head and shoulders above the competition, and seemed to fit every one of our needs. The implementation process went smoothly thanks to the hard work and dedication of their excellent project manager Rob. We are taking a controlled rollout approach to implementing the various modules of the system, but so far we have been pleasantly surprised to find the system and support even better than we expected. Our staff have taken to the new system quickly. The Employee Self Service module is invaluable, and extremely easy to understand and use. The absence functionality is very flexible, which was one of our key criteria in selecting a new system, and easily handles our various robust, multiple tier absence plans, which has saved us a lot of time and money. The only difficulty we've experienced with the system is in managing internal employee promotions between entities (i.e. if a person switches positions from one organization to another). However, it is still easier managed in this system than in our previous systems. Overall we are thrilled with the system, and look forward to rolling out more of it in the coming months.

Linda P.

Difficult to get help - Always have to purchase Concierge Service for Benefits and ACA

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

Compared to the software we had previously, this seemed like something that would be alot easier for HR to use. Our CFO decided to get this software and it is easier than what we had before but it is lacking in reports and customer service.

Pros

The employees like the Dashboard. They like that they are able to see their time off requests and how much time they have left in their PTO bank.

Cons

The reports - cannot make an ad-hoc report easily. Also, when attempting to get help, we are referred to videos, articles and other features on the HUB site.

Kelli V.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Glad we made the switch!

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

Pros

Very easy to use! Lots of features, almost too many to use. :) I love the attendance tracking! It has really helped decrease

Cons

Some of the setup is hard to understand. But once it is setup, it really doesn't need to be changed again. However, the implementation team does a great job helping!

Lori D.

We couldn't be happier with this software

Reviewed on 20/8/2018

In less that 2 months we implemented this software in an environment which was almost completely dependent on manual processes. We had no time clock in place, so we saved so much time in automating processes because of Sentric. I can't think of any need we have in Human Resources that was not able to be implemented through Sentric. We are completely satisfied with this product and what they said they could deliver, versus what they actually delivered. No bad surprises at all!

Pros

The support of the implementation team made our transition so easy! The software is so adaptable to all of our needs.

Cons

None identified, we are so happy with the software!

Cindi T.

Frustrating at times to get what we need, but overall customer service is very good.

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

Pros

Customer service is very good
Local rep very helpful
Payroll processing is very easy and always on time

Cons

Reports not very user friendly
Very expensive to write excel reports for simple reports that should be already accessible
Overall system not very "up to date"

Tiffany W.

I think conceptual Sentric Workforce is great; however, the actual software could be better.

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

The entire system is all inclusive. I like being able to access payroll information, benefits, training, etc. all in one place and everything in the system flows nicely. I also like being able to build my own codes in the system and tailoring the software to my needs.

Cons

Reporting isn't to great. I'd like to see better report formatting (graphs, pie charts, etc.) and more analytical data.

Jeffrey T.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Sentric Review

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Payroll is now handled externally.

Pros

I no longer have to handle my payroll which makes it much easier to conduct and run my business. Given the pricing and strong customer support, it has been a welcome addition to our processes. I hope to be able to advance many more opportunities to add additional resources and utilize the payroll services across our growth periods at Integrity Resources.

Cons

I need to get back to my business. There has been quite a bit of time invested up front. We need to get through the surveys, portals, and general paperwork. I was anticipating more of a hands off approach, which hopefully will be the case once we get through the initial set up phase here in the near future.

Laura D.

Software Review

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Everyone has been extremely helpful in getting our system up and running. We do desperately need an onboarding section. When you have that as part of your software, we will be in good shape. We love the PTO forecasting.

Pros

Time off forecasting

Cons

No Onboarding. You can't see the holidays in Workforce or on the attendance worksheet in time and attendance. You can only see it in the totals. This causes employees to enter 8 hours in that spot which could potentially cause us to pay 16 hours for one day.

Stephanie R.
  • Industry: Insurance

Transition Made Easy

Reviewed on 3/3/2017

We switched to Sentric from a very large platform that was overkill for our size company. With our last payroll system, it was not intuitive, it was not easy to navigate nor was it user friendly in any way. It was also outdated visually. Switching to Sentric has been a breath of fresh air. It is so easy to use, I completely got how to use it with minimal training (my choice) and I love the look of it. I have demoed a ton of payroll companies and I have worked with several different ones throughout the years and hands down, Sentric is my go to choice. Kudos, Sentric on everything from the sales process, to the implementation to the follow through on the customer service side. Thank you!

Pros

Easy to use, visually it looks great. I love that you don't have to save every change.

Cons

N/A at this time

Edward H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

SentricHR Support

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Fantastic - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are fantastic.

Pros

Ease of use. I like the fact that it is cloud based.

Cons

Some features are not terribly intuitive.

Response from Sentric

Thank you, Edward!