SentricHR

4.3/5
4.7/5

Michael
  • Industry: Accounting

Very Robust Software and excellent US based sales and support to customize your solution!

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Excellent! The implementation specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was especially helpful in getting our internal payroll up and running. She was also able to do this with a quick turnaround because of deadlines set by the parent company.

Pros

The ability to white label for all of our underlying companies.

Cons

The user interface is a little dated but, functionality is very robust.

ADP Workforce Now and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

ADP was expensive and did not offer the HRIS ability with the white label ability for different brands. Much more competitive on price.

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Competitively priced, SentricHR offers a full suite of tools to help an HR and payroll department function effectively. Also, they offer multi-site branding.

Response from Sentric

We're glad to hear implementation went well, Michael. Thanks so much for your positive feedback!

Michelle
  • Industry: Chemicals

User friendly

Reviewed on 21/9/2020

I enjoy, very much, working with Sentric and it's Support Team. Never have I not been satisfied with a situation.

Pros

It's easy to set up and employee and the reports features are awesome.

Cons

Having to create a new employee when transferred to another company and their records are all new.

Response from Sentric

Thank you, Michelle! We take all feedback into consideration and appreciate your review.

Lynnette
  • Industry: Insurance

After the huge upgrade last year, I feel like things got a bit more difficult.

Reviewed on 29/5/2018

Payroll processing and everything in one place. I liked how it was set up when we had one dedicated representative.

Pros

I like that I have all my information in one place and how the applicant tracking system information flows over when a person is hired.

Cons

I don't like that things are not as easy to find anymore. We always have problems pulling accurate reports, such as active employees. There are always employees missing even though we show them as active. Little things like that. The format is not as welcoming or easy to figure out.

Janae
  • Industry: Farming

All-in-one HR, Payroll, and Time Platform

Reviewed on 1/3/2022

Overall, implementing SentricHR as a platform to track all people related items is incredibly helpful. This will help us in the future as we grow our workforce and allow scalability to what we do as HR.

Pros

I love how all HR matters are in one platform. This allowed me to bring all my "systems" in to one platform.

Cons

The time keeping platform can use some improvements for mobile features.

APS Payroll and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Competitive cost and functions of the system, modern look, and ease of use.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for your thoughtful review, Janae! We are thrilled to hear that SentricHR is meeting your needs, and we look forward to working with you and your team as you continue to grow.

Marcus

Excellent product

Reviewed on 21/1/2022

We utilize the electronic personnel records and document management features and both have really helped improve our HR process.

Pros

Really enjoy how intuitive this system is!

Cons

Very user-friendly software! I have ran into very few technical issues.

PowerSchool SIS

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

PowerSchool was just too big for us- we liked that SentricHR is local and can better-accommodate a school or size.

Response from Sentric

Thanks for your review, Marcus! We are thrilled to hear that SentricHR has helped you and your team improve your HR processes. We look forward to a long partnership!

Trisha
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Great Value System!

Reviewed on 21/5/2021

Overall, the implementation process went very smoothly. Everything progressed according to the initial timeline we put in place. There were a few snags along the way when the capabilities the system offered didn't line up with the promises made by the sales team. While most are not game changers, there were a couple that were heavier considerations in my decision making of which system to use, and if I'd known the actual system capabilities, I can't say for sure whether I would have made the same decision.

Pros

This system looks like it will grow easily with our company. It has more indepth features than many of the systems I looked at.

Cons

The ease of use is restricted somewhat. It sounds like a little thing, but you can't hit "Enter" as an input button, you have to use the mouse to click on a tiny arrow or a submit button each time. Just makes everything take a little bit longer.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with so much detail, Trisha, it's much appreciated. Our team works really hard to exceed expectations, and we truly value your feedback. Your comments have been passed along to the appropriate people to review.

Brandon
  • Industry: Wholesale

SentricHR

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Sentric has been very beneficial for us going from just a payroll system to an HR/payroll system, and we’ve added more features over the years. Sentric has allowed us to streamline our processes, assist in compliance and reporting, and gives us information at our fingertips. The customer support is quick and responsive, and I get connected with the right person to help me every time. And on top of all of that, Sentric keeps improving and developing their software.

Pros

I like that we are able to house a lot of information in one place. This makes it easy to access and use for streamlining processes, reporting, and getting information.
The document feature has been really nice, and I look forward to additional updates. It's helping us head towards paperless, and it makes it more convenient as we are spread out over multiple states.
We recently added the recruitment module and that has been very helpful for our recruiting and compliance efforts.
Customer support is very prompt and helpful. When I was first looking at HR/payroll software options, I wanted a dedicated customer service rep, and so I wasn't happy when Sentric initially changed their model. However, having working with them for a couple years, I do really like the customer support, because I'm dealing with an expert in the specific area of the software that I have a question on.

Cons

There are a good amount of standard reports and the ability to do ad hoc reports. However, sometimes I'm not always able to do everything I want in a report.
There are also occasions that the system doesn't do exactly what I want. However, I realize that is the case with any system that is designed for tons of clients. And normally, there is a work around that can be figured out.

Response from Sentric

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Brandon. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. The Product Support Team works really hard to consistently meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to hear they continue to hit the mark!

Melissa

My first choice in Payroll and HR Software

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

Overall, this is the most comprehensive, yet user friendly, HRIS/Payroll system available. Having working with almost every large payroll product on the market over my 30+ years in business, the fact that I have implemented SentricWorkforce in the last 3 companies that I have worked with will be an indicator that this is a quality product, supported by a quality team of programmers, implementation specialists, and customer support and service providers. SentricWorkforce allows our company to drive supervisory responsibilities down to the managers that need it, while providing HR and Finance the confidentiality necessary to maintain our team members' privacy of information.

Pros

SentricWorkforce is a well-designed and well-rounded HRIS/Payroll System. The integration between Time and Labor Management (time cards) and HR (benefits, time off plan, performance) is seamless and makes running payroll a breeze.
The Time Off Plans, electronic forecasting, requesting time off, and approval process is always a "fan favorite" with the company employees, and they like being able to manage their own demographic information, direct deposits, tax information, etc.
As an Administrator, the wealth of stock reports, along with the ability to write ad hoc reports, means that I can always have the information I need, when I need it.

Cons

The one area where the software can be better, and rumor has it this is being add for a future release, is in providing calendar view of schedules and time off, both departmentally and company-wide.

Alissa
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Sentric makes payroll so easy for us to process.

Sentric makes payroll so easy for us to process.

Pros

I like that the software has a nice appealing layout. It is easy to use and easy to navigate. I like that employees can go into the software and request their own days off and view their own paychecks. I love the technical support team - they are always so patient and understanding. They are there to help you learn the software.

Cons

I think the reports are a little hard to understand at first. Setting up benefits can be a little troublesome until you know what you are doing. While some functions are user friendly some functions take instruction and practice. This is not meant not deter any potential users, keep in mind that Sentric has amazing customer support. They will call and walk you through any procedure.

• Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Transitioning and adapting to Sentric Workforce has proven mostly favorable

Reviewed on 17/5/2018

A better understanding of how payroll/time clock software integrates with HR.

A better understanding of how payroll/time clock software integrates with HR.

Pros

System works well for mid-size organizations and can be customized according to the organization's needs and pay rules. More or less it was a seamless transition from the larger payroll provider I had utilized in the past, as well as more affordable. The account representatives that I deal with the majority of the time are professional, kind, hard-working, and knowledgeable.

Cons

We utilize Attendance On Demand, which is the time clock side of Sentric and it is more challenging to correct issues since it's a 3rd party application. Additionally, some of the features within Sentric are less than user-friendly and do not often have clear instructional guides on "how-to's" (I can assume this is mostly due to all the customizations).

Pam

Great HRIS System

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

The company I work for has been utilizing SentricHR for almost 9 years. My overall experience with SentricHR has been great. The company I work for recently went through a change that involved SentricHR setting up a new account for us. The move from one company name to another - including behind the scenes tax / billing information - went pretty well. The SentricHR customer service is amazing!

Pros

The reporting feature is one of my favorites. If SentricHR hasn't already designed a report in need, they will help you design it or I can design something myself by using their Ad-Hoc option.

Cons

The thing I like least about SentricHR is - employees do not have the option of filling out a timecard via a mobile phone unless employees punch in and out each day. It would be nice for SentricHR to design a program that allows employees to add how many hours they worked in a day - via a mobile device.

Response from Sentric

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Pam. We appreciate the longstanding partnership we have and are happy to hear our support team continues to exceed expectations!

We can confirm that employees are able to add their hours from a mobile device. A member of our Product Support team will be in touch with more information.

CHERRI
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Best Customer Service Team Ever!!

Reviewed on 8/9/2020

If there is ever anything I do not understand, need a path to reach or operator error, Sentric amazing Support Team is fast to respond and make me feel as if even my smallest concernm is a major concern with their personalized response.

Pros

Easy to use dashboard
Unparalleled training Team

Cons

I use that user had more ability to create reports themselves without having to pay for custom reports & even when some of our custom reports need to be updated or changed, there is another fee involved.

Wish the feed did not lock so many items at the top making me having to scroll down anytime I need to see changes made by HR for me to Process.

Response from Sentric

Thanks for post, Cherri. As for custom reporting, our Ad Hoc Reporting functionality should allow you to create your own custom reports. That being said, there are plans to make that tool even more flexible and powerful early next year.

The pins that are locked at the top of your feed are defined by your company's administrator and can be modified by your organization. Please reach out to our support team if you have any questions.

LeAnne

SentricHR Fan

Reviewed on 18/9/2020

We have had a great experience with SentricHR and I can't stress enough how great the support staff is. I've never had an issue that was not quickly resolved other than the mobile app.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and all the training and support staff are outstanding. Our organization does not use the software for payroll but may transition to that in the future. SentricHR has helped us streamline our processes into one location.

Cons

When I have found something I would like the software to do, support has been able to create a report or find a work around. One thing we've had trouble with is the SentricHR app for iPhone users; it won't load.

Response from Sentric

We appreciate your feedback, LeAnne, and thanks for the report on the iPhone app. We don't have any reports of the app not functioning but If there is still an issue, please reach out to Product Support.

CHERYLE
  • Industry: Machinery

Ease of doing business

Reviewed on 2/9/2020

I had a wonderful experience, I had to convert data from the old system and the team made sure I knew it was overwhelming at first, but then it got easier, and with that ease my system loaded well, my data was safe and secure, the training to the staff and employees on how to use it was so easy. The support from SentricHR is the best I have ever had with a software company. They are all a great group of people!!!

Pros

The ease of review employee profiles and the entering of data. The flow of the data, using a one system log in to retrieve your employee data. Time Card access and Employee Self Service.

Cons

I don't have anything to list at this time, but one wish list would be that once you type the employee's name in instead of hitting the Search button the system would automatically pull the name up.

Response from Sentric

We're glad to hear things are going well, Cheryle! Our people make us who we are, and we're happy to hear you think so, too. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Linda

Sentric Workforce is so helpful

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

This solved our problem of keeping track of all Employee information and having it all in one place is just wonderful.

Pros

I like that Sentric is able to handle so many functions. We use it for everything! We keep all of our staff information, qualifications, benefits, payroll, etc. in the system. We also use it for recruiting and posting jobs as well. We can track our applicants and all of our openings. Once the applicant's information is in the system, it transfers over when they are hired so we do not need to reenter addresses, education, etc. It also has the capacity to run reports. We use it for so many functions, we don't know what we would do without it!

Cons

Some of the functions (such as reports) do require practice but the more you use it, the easier it becomes.

Shelly
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

New SentricHR User

Reviewed on 7/6/2021

Pros

Integration team was very easy to work with. Some features were harder than others to implement but overall a good experience

Cons

PTO/Absences were very difficult to get transitioned over and get balances correct. Also benefits such as GTL had to be manually entered with no upload so that was very time consuming. Also, reports are not able to be filtered or changed so we have to run multiple reports for information. Would like to have the Report Writer capability that was in M3

Response from Sentric

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, Shelly, we really appreciate it! If you haven't already taken advantage of one of our free Connect sessions, you may find it helpful to talk through your specific reporting needs with a member of our Product Support Team. You can schedule a one-on-one session at any time by visiting the SentricHR Help Center.

Arlyn
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

New to Sentric HR but very impressed!

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

We are greatly improving the candidate experience with the Applicant Tracking and onboarding system. The is critical as we are a people oriented organization.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and the incredible support! Our rep solves issues quickly and with great ease. I am so impressed!

Cons

Non that I can think of currently. Everything has been great

Response from Sentric

We appreciate your detailed feedback, Arlyn. Thanks for continuing to trust SentricHR as your tool to manage your workplace!

Bethany
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Customer Support!

Reviewed on 27/8/2020

I could not be happier with the service we receive from the SentricHR team!

I could not be happier with the service we receive from the SentricHR team!

Pros

The customer support is fantastic! Always helpful and friendly! The software continues to be upgraded and adapted as business needs change.

Cons

The reporting features could use some improvement with ease of use and functionality.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Bethany! Your input helps us shape our priorities, and we appreciate it.

Joe

Customer support is great

Reviewed on 3/11/2022

Pros

The people are great and the software is flexible enough to get everything we need

Cons

Would like to be able to export to excel more

Response from Sentric

Thank you for your review and continued partnership, Joe!

Christina

it does the job, but it could be a lot more modern

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

Pros

has most of the functions it needs to have for an HR system. I personally like the customer service and how they try to help.

Cons

connections and integrations with other softwares like Jobvite, expensing softwares etc. It could have a better and more convenient app. the whole layout could be more easier to understand. The interface is not really customer friendly

Megan

Sentric HR Review

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

I am very satisfied with the product and support of Sentric HR. I can typically find all of the information I need in one system, which is great. I also live by the Sentric support team. They are always so awesome, friendly and helpful.

Pros

I like that everything is integrated into one system, and it is very user friendly.

Cons

I am happy overall with the Sentric system. I think there are always improvements that can be made to anything, but nothing specifically comes to mind.

Response from Sentric

We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments, Megan. Thank you!

LeeAnna

SentricHR - Customer Oriented

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

We have been with Sentric HR for over a year now. The customer support they offer is tremendous. Lots of helpful and friendly people - especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was our implementation specialist and continues to be a reliable support for our team! It is fairly inexpensive compared to other products offering similar services, but yet maintains a professional look.

Pros

Customer Support is Great - not "just a number" to the company (like the larger payroll companies)
Lots of functionalities that are new to our company and help elevate our HR team. Interface looks good, too!

Cons

There are too many steps (and clicking) for one simple task.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for taking the time to post, LeeAnna. Our team works hard to make sure you have the support you need. We're glad to hear you are seeing the end result of their dedication to you and all of our customers!

Lori

I use the HR portion of the system.

Reviewed on 11/5/2018

Pros

New hire entry wizard.
Employees can pull up their time off to see when/what they've used. Unfortunately it's not always accurate.

Cons

The reports are not accurate and cannot run reports that should be HR standard, cannot run "simple" reports with ease; onboarding; lack of communication when upgrading issues occur.

Cesar
  • Industry: Legal Services

Missy was very helpful in transition from old payroll system.

Reviewed on 10/3/2023

Pros

Allowing all features to be in one dashboard for employees.

Cons

Manually having to add certain things for specific employees.

Response from Sentric

Hi Cesar! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, and we look forward to our continued partnership!

Robin

Overall, good. We have had some glitches that we where not able to correct.

Reviewed on 14/5/2018

Pros

Changes are visible immediately, for employees and other users. I am able to make corrections for employees, and they can see this immediately.

Cons

Some screens, in attendance are confusing. Have to togel back and forth from the dashboard to the time cards to resolve issues.