1,879 reviews

Autodesk Construction Cloud

Connect data, workflows, and teams

4.3 /5 (1879 reviews) Write a Review!

1,879 reviews
Patrick D.

Best Overall Solution I've seen in the Construction industry

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Communication and organization of real time information from multiple job sites
Punch list tracking
Safety issues reporting
improved record keeping
Better real time redline recording

Pros

Easy to use and to implement.
Workers found it easy to understand and use, immediate buy in
Keeps your project tasks in order
Assigning tasks to works and superintendents easily
real time information from projects without the need for constant visits
safety issues recorded and documented
newly improved field reports and check list creator
WAY easiler to adopt than Procore

Cons

Terrible user based subscription system, not construction friendly for GCs with many subcontractors
Would like to see built in actual budgeting and POs
High price for upgraded features (submittals and RFI advanced) that is not rolled out with complete workflow tracking and multiple reviewers
User based subscription may actually make this more ex[pensive than Procore with far less functionality

Brian W.

essential software for cloud stored projects

Reviewed on 27/7/2020

Very useful software in the MEP industry. always for much easier coordination and model creation

Pros

Helps keep track of things like synchronizing across different offices in places across the country/world. I wish it forced users to sign in so coworkers all maintained connection.

Cons

some of the features most people arent aware of (ie most users probably dont know there is a built in chat feature)

Bailey D.

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

It's fine, it works for our purposes, but is very confusing.

Pros

The only reason we use this software is to all be able to work in a model at the same time, and this was really the only option for our small firm.

Cons

The BIM 360 Document Management is very confusing to work in that I avoid it at all costs as much as possible. The only thing I do is add new projects to be able to sync Revit models to, and every time it takes 5x as long as it should because there's always some issue that comes up.

Robert M.

Plan Grid Review

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

Plan grid has been useful for our team to be one step ahead of the game in document control. I am currently working on a larger project with multiple files, especially ASIs. As a result, the overlay capabilities makes it easier to keep up with drawings that have been superseded and have the most current jobs in the field.

I like the ability to tag drawings by discipline and in my case phases. The ability to hyperlink drawings to compile an as-built set or update current drawings with referenced RFIs, ASIs or SK drawings is extremely useful.

I wish that plan grid would allow users that admins share files (i.e. subcontractors) have the ability not to pay. I think the GC should be responsible for payment , management, and distribution of files. Plan grid should sell perhaps licenses to the GC company and not charge individual subs a monthly fee just to review drawings. As a result, after the trial period ended none of the subs for my job signed up to use Plan Grid. Consequently, I've been using Bluebeam Revu Studio which has similar capabilities and users download a free software through Bluebeam that allows access to all the project folder and files. What Plan Grid has over Bluebeam currently is the OCR to recognize sheet names through the plan index and this is a standard feature; however, in order for Bluebeam to mimic Plan Grids basic principle, it seems like an added cost. Overall I like the software for in-house management but as far as the sharing it with the subs and getting them to use it for a project entirety it has been a struggle. Therefore I think they should either consider lowering the rates for additional users.

Pros

Intuitive and ergonomic functionality. It keeps files up to date and automatically supersedes old files.

Cons

The cost to share with other team members. If I have a project that has multiple subs that have a Project Manager, Asst Project Manager, Field Superintendent and Foreman who need to have the most updated drawings and each has to pay the fee then it gets pricey on their end. So I think Plan Grid should sell package/licenses s to subcontractor teams so they can distribute to their team in-house which you screen through their email address.

Jared B.

Good Stuff

Reviewed on 10/4/2017

Pros:

Easy to use for those that don't use BIM Software everyday.
Cross Platform Use
Easy for upload/download across many machines/users (Vs regular cloud)
Can use many filetypes.
Same data is there across all platforms.
Cons:

UI for those of us that use Navis on the regular.
Won't let you glue out of AutoCAD always. Causes crashes.
Must have the AutoCAD file closed if you are trying to glue off the desktop app.
Navigation on iPads is a bit hard to learn at first for field staff.
iPad model updates are spotty. I field many phone calls from field staff in regards to models not being available.

Overall Great Product though! Has greatly improved our workflow over the past 2/3 years.

Pros

Cross Platform Use, Easy to use for non computer users. Same data across platforms. We use as a cloud storage for files across offices and detailers.

Cons

UI for those of us that use Navis on the regular.
Won't let you glue out of AutoCAD always. Causes crashes.
Navigation on iPads is a bit hard to learn at first for field staff.

Hélvio henrique de c P.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Collaboration on the cloud BIM360 Design

Reviewed on 16/1/2019

We minimize the issues caused by different versions of the project. Now each of us is responsible to find solutions to solve the interferences in the project at the same time that we are developing the project. we can't use the excuse that I was working in a different version and I didn't see the interference. It was great!

Pros

It has been great to work simultaneously with our consultants for complement projects. It is amazing to see project development and to check the interferences between the disciplines and to have a better vision of the project to make decisions.

Cons

1 - We decided to work simultaneously just a single file on cloud and we had problems with objects been removed accidentally by other consultants. It would be awesome to have an option to don't allow that another discipline to erase objects in another workset.

2 - We had problems with software support from our provider, but we found another vendor who gave us wonderful support even though we had purchased the software with another provider. But because of this great treatment, when my consultants were looking for to buy the BIM360, I indicated to them this other provider and in our renewal of licenses, we will migrate to that provider who also gave us support and attention.

Gary T.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Best site software I've used in 30 years

Reviewed on 8/3/2019

Great product which just keeps getting better I would recommend the product and support to anyone. It will improve workflow and efficiency on any multi-disciplinary project. As a freelance consultant the first thing I recommend on any new project is PlanGrid.

Pros

It covers pretty much all aspects of what you want to use reports, data and drawings on site. It's also been extremely useful in the design process as well as helping close out on snagging issues.

Cons

It's not a document management system in it's trueset form though the document handling is very useful especially through the RFI process. I think the access approval system could still do with a tweak but we have found a workaround for AFC production drawings. Also if you are looking for mass rollout then the price can be on the high side. I honestly think a reduction in price would see a massive uptake in licences. I'd love every supervisor on my site to have a licence but the cost is just too much. We've purchased ten licences where I'd really would have purchased 40-50.

Denes Z.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

BIM 360 works great as a cross-discipline, cross-company collaboration tool.

Reviewed on 3/5/2018

Time and money.

Pros

The ability to post multiple models, document sets. It makes it streamlined how we communicate within our own and with other disciplines, as well as to clients by views, markups, diagrams, etc. It offers a very efficient and precise way to collaborate. Being direct and concise leads to less miscommunication and maximization of profits.

Cons

The missing feature of being able to sort file by file type. "Sorting by file type" is a built-in functionality in even the least sophisticated document management software packages. It is just a basic standard functionality which is provided across the board, something that design and construction professionals are used to. BIM 360 is advertised as "easily share plans, punchlists, submittals, take-offs, etc..." Those all come in different file format. The formats can be anything from .rvt's, .rfa's, .rte's, .dwg's, .dxf's, .xlsx's, .xlsm's, .docx's, .docm's, and the list goes on including different Adobe and Microsoft file formats. For large scale projects it is inevitable that all these file types get mixed up in a folder or folders. I think "sorting by file type" would be a valuable addition to this otherwise extremely helpful tool.

Simon G.

Plangrid IS THE TOOL to coordinate jobsite and office

Reviewed on 12/4/2019

I don't even have paper copies of my project now ! All digital and functionnal for all parties within the company, from the jobsite to the office. All working with the same documents sharing information and feedback from both end. Jobsite to the office AND office to the jobsite. Way much easier to works now than it was 10 years ago ! ... at least for the drawings and communication aspect !

Pros

The unbelivable support provided by Plangrid. Easy to access and convenient and knowledgeable.
The possibility of keeping the whole copy of project at one specific place allowing to review difference between multiple version easy and quick.

Cons

We would like to use more Plangrid regarding the custom made graph and template. We find it hard sometime to customized it. We normally end doing our own on the side. We would like to be able to use Plangrid at it fullpotential by having custom template (document to fill) easier to complete

Construction and Design Team Cloud Integration

Reviewed on 10/7/2020

BIM 360 allowed our team to have up to date structural, mechanical, electrical, and architectural Revit models all accessible from the cloud at any time. Uploading models can be done simply from your local Revit session. Non Revit users can see a preview of the model. Non-current models that have been uploaded remain on the cloud with the date they were uploaded, allowing for easy recovery in the event of model corruption. Overall, BIM 360 simplifies processes we were doing manually and simplifies project coordination.

Pros

BIM 360 simplifies the Revit model sharing process to the click of a button, allowing the internal design team, as well as consultants and client, to be sure they are looking at the most current building information at any given time.

Cons

It takes some buy in from the entire team to fully utilize the inherent features (similar to choosing to use Revit as a team) but once it's set in motion it provides some cool benefits.

Tim B.

Must have tool for Construction

Reviewed on 30/4/2019

Pros

I have used PlanGrid for the last five years. I started out as just a collaborator in the field, and now I am setting up and assisting with managing the projects that our company has on PlanGrid. PlanGrid continues to flow and keep up to date with the latest trends in the construction industry. Being able to house all construction documents needed to build a building is key and makes for much a much smoother run project. Overall, PlanGrid is a must for construction projects.

Cons

I have noticed that the older workers take longer to get used to the software and some will not use it because they really like being able to fold open the prints and look at them that way. I have been privileged to assist some of them with understanding how PlanGrid works and after some time they catch on.

William H.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

No Time to Access Files.

Reviewed on 14/1/2019

The product itself was desirable. But your communication and treatment of expiration was unacceptable.

Pros

It was an Autodesk based product. I could open deg files online with just a browser.

Cons

I signed up and assumed my subscription was good for a year.

But because I had signed up in the middle of my Auto Cad subscription cycle, the BIM subscription ended earlier than one year. I had no way of knowing what was going on.

When signing in, there was no warning that it was about to expire. Signing in afterwards didn't tell me it had expired. It just wouldn't let me access anything.

If the expiration date happened to coincide with a vital client meeting, your hard line policy would have cost me a lot of money.

No notice. No grace period. No explanation. No 30 to 90 day period of "read only" access (which is fairly common for cloud accounts--everyone but you). Nothing.

A brief period of read only would have allowed me to sort out my unusual billing cycle and pay my bill. But you gave me nothing.

Email is not enough. You send so much SPAM that I just sent all your emails to my spam folder. Then you're surprised that I didn't read it.

Brian K.

BIM360 Field Product Review by Brian Kendall

Reviewed on 14/2/2017

I use BIM360 for my commissioning projects and have found it to be very useful. For me, the best part of BIM360 is that its a project that contractors are already familiar with so it cuts down on the time typically spent explaining how to use our in house FTP site. Typically we take advantage of using the internal library where we are able to set up the folder structure to resemble our final report structure. This helps during the project closeout phase as all of the documentation we are required to assemble is located in the same place. We also use it for logging and tracking deficiencies discovered in the field during field observations and functional performance testing. We've been able to work with customer support to set up the proper structure setting up our corrective actuion report's. From the issue's page, contractors are able to log in and provide photo's & reponses to there noted item's making it quick and easy to verify the completion of each item.

Pros

I enjoy the file management section of the software as we structure our folder's to make the project closeout process more simple. Also the issues log has been more than helpful for tracking project deficiencies.

Cons

Unable to change the size of the company logo we added to input into the header of our corrective action logs, and sometimes when generating a report it cuts out some of the description text.

Nate H.

PlanGrid a True Companion of the Modern Builder

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

PlanGrid has transformed the organization of construction documents into an overall enjoyable experience. I cannot express how much I appreciate the ease of use and the ability to ensure that current documents are being utilized in the field to build from. In addition to the many available feature, the capacity to store multiple projects on my account is priceless. I cannot count how many times I have been able to respond to the requests of past clients in minutes no matter where I am. Finally the overlay feature, which I refer to as the "Equalizer" takes away the guessing game when it comes to seeing what really changed as drawing revisions are issued.

Pros

Functionality and ease of use.
Having drawings at our fingertips and being able to quickly navigate a plan set via hyperlinks.
Ability to annotate, post RFI's and submittal information.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing that I don't like about this sofware.

Danielle G.

BIM 360 Glue Review - Great Improvement to the Overall MEP Coordination Process

Reviewed on 31/1/2017

As a BIM coordinator within the construction industry, BIM 360 Glue has completely transformed my team's workflow. Before Glue, we had to manually refresh the merged MEPF Coordination model with every update that the subcontractor sent in. This was a tedious and burdensome process since not all team members have the same schedule. With Glue, we were able to give the autonomy back to the CAD drafter. At the click of a button within their authoring software tool, they can refresh the merged coordination model seamlessly. While this aspect of BIM 360 Glue is a huge improvement from it's counterpart, there is one feature that I feel could use some improvement, which is the clash detection test. The interface on this makes it somewhat useless. Clashes are quantified as "dots", and it's difficult to isolate out the important clashes from the unimportant ones. This is really my only recommendation that Autodesk improves within BIM 360 Glue.

Pros

Plug-ins for authoring software, interoperability with Navisworks Manage.

Cons

Clash detection, interface is not user-friendly. Sometimes larger models do not work as smooth in cloud storage. Insertion points will not always be defaulted at 0 for all models.

Jeff B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Coordination Like Navisworks

Reviewed on 11/4/2017

Looking for better controls within the clash tools, better alignment with how Navisworks Manage handles clash tests. Tolerances, are not as good, as well the general navigation of clash results is slower than Navisworks.

I do like the product, in general try and implement on all my larger projects - it is a great tool for a VDC manager! However construction teams are using Navisworks instead of the Glue tools for clash detection coordination. It would be more collaborative if the clash tests were hosted\tracked on the 360 Glue site - at this time its much too time consuming to track and manege the clashing on Glue site. The cloud hosted models however do make it better even in Navisworks to ensure your using the latest modeling.

Another feature that I would really like to see is a managed folder structure (As administrator) I would like to have the capacity to create folders that only certain users could access (Like a client area only) this would allow me to publish modeling (Clash free) to my clients folder - they could then review the finished product.

Pros

Saves time in downloading and uploading - creates better collaboration by having a format all team members can review - without specialized software.

Cons

For construction trades to fully embrace the clash tools need to be more powerful, and "Navisworks Like".
More control for owner, or client access of finished product - it generally does not translate well in review of an ongoing clash coordination model (problems may be evident and misunderstood by some clients).

John L.

BIM 360: A good idea, but misses the mark as a whole.

Reviewed on 4/4/2017

I've used BIM-360 as part of the BIM coordination process on 2 separate projects. The idea is that you store your CAD files in the cloud, and the BIM administrator for the project creates composite ("merged") models, combining all of the trade models. These merged models are stored in the cloud and are accessible from computers and ipads. The ability to view current and updated models on an ipad in the field is really the main benefit to using BIM 360, in my opinion.
Having said that, the only way that particular feature (and all of the others, for that matter) works properly, is if the project BIM manager does all of the necessary "housekeeping" so that you have good model hygiene - like using proper model origin and orientations, eliminating "space junk" from the model files. If you have any of those things, the default model view is zoomed way out, and makes it almost impossible to zoom into the model. Every time you hit the "top view" or "home view" buttons, it resets back to being zoomed way out. The BIM 360 model viewer actually works better on the ipad that it's PC application.
Other features that leave a bit to be desired are:

*Navigating the model (PC app). Saving and recalling viewpoints, and running clash detection. Navisworks Manage is far superior in all of those areas.

*If you use BIM 360 to view your model, as opposed to using Navisworks or Revit, you have to upload your CAD file every time you want to see a model update. The upload takes some time and becomes somewhat tedious. There is BIM 360 plugin for Navis Manage that allows you to log into the BIM 360 server through Navis, and view any of the merged models that have been created. So you're essentially using Navis to navigate, take viewpoints, make annotations, run clashes. But you still have to upload your own CAD file to the cloud if you want to see the changes take place in current Navis session. You can save a local copy of the model as an NWD file.
*Navigating the file/folder structure is tedious. When you download a file (another trade's CAD, for example) from Bim 360, it NEVER remembers the previous save location. Very annoying.

FINAL THOUGHTS: We scrapped BIM 360 and use only Navis and Dropbox for coordination currently. If our foremen could view an accurate and current model on an ipad in the field the product would be worth consideration. Proper BIM management makes all the difference. There are glitches, and a learning curve.

Pros

The ability for the field to call up the model on an ipad.

Cons

Everything else is inferior to currently existing market products.

Matt M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

360 Field has been an extremely helpful tool in coordinating between the field and the...

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

We have used this software faithfully for the past 3 years and have plans to expand it's use further in the company. It has helped us communicate issues quickly and efficiently to subcontractors, as well as increase the quality of our projects through the use of quality control checklists completed by the project team, as well as subcontractors.

Pros

It has helped immensely with the punch list process and has sped up communication between all required parties. It is also very helpful to have all the drawings and documents in one convenient location in the app on the iPad.

Cons

I wish the software had better markup features. Some of the competitors software is a little more user friendly and has more options for marking up documents and adding hyperlinks.

Ronald P.

One of the best on site tools you'll ever have!

Reviewed on 25/11/2015

Pros

I really appreciate being able to carry ALL of my drawings, ASIs, submittals and RFIs on an IPad! This saves a lot of legwork when getting stopped by multiple subs on a jobsite because I have all of the information with me. I'm not a real tech person so when the office told me I was getting an iPad with Plan Grid, I was not interested. After a couple of days in the field, it is one of the most valuable tools I've ever had. To be able to mark up drawings, add site photos and transmit them in a PDF to the Engineers and Architects as an RFI is amazingly fast and easy and cuts down their response time! I highly recommend Plan Grid to every Superintendent out there who wants to increase their productivity and save a lot of time. Plan Grid is always available to assist with questions to help you get the most out of this software.

Cons

When I use the search icon to go directly to a specific page, I cannot scroll to the previous or next page from that point. It would be helpful to be able to scroll if you are off by a page or the details are on the next page.

Kristen S.

Amazing Software - Great for In the Field Use!

Reviewed on 18/1/2018

It is rather expensive if you have a lot of users... still worth it but could be a little more budget friendly. But overall this is an easy way to manage plans and distribute plans and changes!

Pros

This software is great for being able to take drawings into the field and add markups as I walk the site! This makes for great notes and helps communication between the field and office or between GC and client / AE. It makes it easy to track and control revision changes throughout bid process and actual construction.

Cons

Some of the set up is rather difficult and time consuming... but worth it in the long run. There is also no way to control permissions of users, which would be a great feature!

It's a fantastic platform. It can definitely add value to any organisation implemented properly

Reviewed on 8/5/2018

Pros

It speaks the language of the digital generation. I feel that when I engage with the future engineers and show them the potential of both the online and mobile applications on BIM 360, the feedback is always positive and enthusiastic for what lies ahead in the AEC industry

Cons

Engaging with the more experienced team members that have been in the industry for generations are stuck in their way and not always willing to adapt. I call them 'digital immigrants' in that they were not born into the digital age but have had to adopt to it, whereas the younger generation are born into a digital environment and require little adoption required

Aaron W.

A Lifecycle Is Born!

Reviewed on 31/1/2017

FINALLY. Through the tools and fluid workflows offered by the BIM 360 platform, we're able to connect a true cradle-to-cradle experience on our projects. From moment 1, our project teams are connected; from concept... through design... into pre-construction... through construction... and on into building operations. Our people and our data are always connected and always up-to-date. We are truly enabled to work in a collaborative, lifecycle-focused structure.

Pros

Always connected, single source of truth

Cons

Some tools are under development... so this "con" is temporary

Ruben C.

BIM 360 can be used for several aspects in my industry and hope to see it keep developing more.

Reviewed on 3/5/2018

The ability to communicate easier with all trade partners on site about issues needed to be addressed. It's another tool for communication between all trades. I believe its very new and will take some time to be fully integrated in the construction industry, but I believe it has great potential to make projects successful.

Pros

The accessibility of being able to customize this tool to fit your project such as uploading plans, and companies etc. It is another tool that our project team used to bridge the gap between design & field installation.

Cons

When utilizing the pin option on the issues location portion of the system, it would be great if the making pins in certain locations would automatically zoom into the area where the issue is marked. Instead of just showing the general location of where the issue is at.

Curtis B.

Great Software for BIM Cordination

Reviewed on 31/1/2017

We used Bim 360 for a large project containing many architectural features. BIM 360 allowed for the proper coordination before and during the construction of the building. The ability for everyone to constantly update their portion of the model and run clashes kept the model current and accurate. There was rarely a problem with the program, and the problems that did occur where promptly addressed and followed up by the developer. I strongly recommend this software for projects with multiple disciplines that require to coordinate items like HVAC, lighting, structural, sprinklers.

Pros

Allows for cordination of trades to minimize the required space required above ceilings. Instilation is smoother.

Cons

Can be slower on hand held devices like tablets for the larger models. Is more design intensive then typical construction.

Jay S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

I use Bim360 Field roughly 20 hours per week in total. it is a huge and vital tool for what I...

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

it has saved my job tens of thousands of dollars in claims, because i am able to look back at stored information and pictures and debunk claims, because of proper storage of documentation.

Pros

the ability to take pictures, create my own checklists that are catered to the job, the "cloud" like feature that allows me to store hundreds of jobs and thousands of checklists over the course of multiple years. it is a great reference point.

Cons

the lagging and slowness at times. there has seemed to be quite a bit of "bugs" lately and it has bogged down the system. puling up equipment, and reports takes a lot longer than it ever has.