Patriot Accounting

Online accounting software made for American businesses

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.8/5

Michael

State of the art Software

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Great advancement over my previous software

Pros

Automated daily import of income and expenditure

Cons

None yet. I can’t seem to find a fault yet.

Darrell
  • Industry: Entertainment

Perfect solution for small to midsized businesss

Reviewed on 15/9/2020

It may sound like I work for the company but honestly if anyone were yo ask me what is the best overall experience I have with software or a subscription service of this type I think patriot would be it based on the ease of use and amazing product support.

Pros

The system is super easy to use and understand and works as it should. Not buggy like some other big name accounting programs. Also if I need support I can honestly say the support team is is ready, willing and qualified to help and they will take the time needed to be sure my issue is handled. To the point that I am amazed at the time and care they take.

Cons

Every so often there is something I have trouble finding ( but support helps me!) part of that may be because I am not an accountant. But even those issues are rare and they are always adding nice features to make my job easier.

Scott
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Sad It Did Not Work Out

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Pros

Pricing is excellent and I've heard good things about the software, so I thought I would try it.

Cons

I had started a small marketing company after selling my property management company. I had always used Quickbooks with my prior company and was totally happy with it. After 6 months with my new company, the cost for Quickbooks Online kept increasing. I turned to Patriot Software as a possible alternative.

Unfortunately, it did not work out. I'm not an accounting person, but I never had a problem with Quickbooks. With Patriot Software, the setup was extremely confusing and difficult. I called support and set up a phone call with an advisor. I was hoping that I could schedule a session or two with a support person to help me set up. Patriot however does not work that way. While they would have someone work with me to setup my company with the software, it would cost $800. I'm sorry Patriot, but that is way to much money for a small business just starting out. I asked if there were videos that could assist me. They said yes, but they are very very limited in number and topic. Additionally, there is very little written information to give direction and to answer questions. Neither does Patriot have a process within their software that takes you step by step in setting various items up. At the end of the day, while the pricing was excellent and exactly what I was looking for, if you can't use the product it is of no value.

Jason
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Great accounting software for my business

Reviewed on 7/10/2022

Pros

I like how streamlined it is and well formatted for non accounting professionals. It's very easy for me to use and most importantly, I don't screw stuff up. Takes care of all the double-entry journaling for me as I enter transactions.

Cons

My biggest gripe would be the lack of support for 3rd party payment processors that are 2A friendly. There's only a few out there and the partnership that Patriot Software provides isn't one of them.

Lucy
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Incredible Customer-Service and Strongly Valued Customer Input

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

Above providing a great software that suits the needs of a small business like ours (without being overly complex), they have outstanding customer service and value fulfillment of customer needs.

Pros

We wanted something that we could tailor to our own needs and that we could more seamlessly transition, from how we previously operated our accounting. We wanted something that was not overly complex to adapt to but that was also able to execute our accounting needs. It's challenging to find programs to best suit the flow of your daily tasks and that can also be flexible with function. Patriot fit all those needs.

Cons

Over the years of using this program, we have asked for many changes (with varying degrees of importance) and I cannot think of one that has not been fulfilled by the Patriot team. I'm not sure how they do it, but they seem dedicated to providing customer needs and to help ease workflow however they are able. They are regularly working to improve their software and needs of customers.

Quickbooks Online

Jobber

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Patriot offers different features within their company, allowing you to utilize and only pay for what you need, versus one program in its entirety (ie Accounting, Payroll, etc). They had a large amount of features/options offered, while still being user-friendly (even from the start).
Edward
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use and responsive customer service

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

I do not use Patriot Accounting

Pros

This software is easy to set up and even easier to use. I work for a small firm with only a couple of employees. Our payroll needs are fairly simple and Patriot is intuitive and has robust information available when needed.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Patriot. I guess it would be nice if there was a mobile app that allowed me to run payroll remotely from my desktop.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

Paychex was far more expensive and required a lot more effort to do the things I need to do, so when I became the person in charge of dealing with payroll at our firm, I wanted to find an inexpensive option that was straight forward.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

I have always found Quickbooks to be overly complicated and not intuitive at all. We still use it to track our income and expenses to give to our accountants. While it seems like there are infinite ways to generate financial reports, that process always seems way more time consuming than it needs to be and often doesn't give me the info I'm looking for the first time, so I need to try several different reports before I get what I want.
Becky

Great Software for Double Entry Accounting

Reviewed on 2/8/2022

Patriot has done everything we need. It is important to have your beginning available when setting up because you cannot go back and enter the beginning balance once the account is set up.

Pros

It has all the features of a double entry accounting system
Connects with banks
Great price point
Pricing based on actual expenses per month
Easily shared with accountants/bookkeepers

Cons

Reconciliations are not totally automated
Customization can be tricky
Must understand double entry accounting - not based solely on checkbooks.

Pam

The Best QB Replacement

Reviewed on 2/8/2022

So far, I'm finding everything I need and all is going well. I'm very happy.

Pros

It is well worth it the switch from QB! It's very affordable and stable. Patriot Accounting has all the features I need and features my CPA uses for me. I'm so much happier with my bookkeeping since switching.

Cons

It's a few more steps, but that's fine. It is similar to what QB was like before they went online.

Tim
  • Industry: Automotive

Patriot software makes small business accounting and payroll easy!

Reviewed on 4/4/2022

Pros

Ease of use and ability to get assistance

Cons

None, everything was easy to set up and use

Jeff
  • Industry: Investment Management

Great product for small business accounting

Reviewed on 3/4/2022

My experience has been great - very simple to get started and process all the transactions I needed for this new LLC/C Corp entity

Pros

I changed to Patriot from QB and greatly appreciate the simple yet functional design of the Patriot system. I needed something that could function through primarily JE's initially, and I will add Payroll once the company gets further along.

Cons

I haven't run into any limitations yet, no complaints at all

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

I found Patriot to be much easier to use, which is key for weekly/monthly usage in a new business. No learning curve for me and works much better than prior system.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Much better solution for small businesses in my opinion, and could be for larger businesses as well.
Jay
  • Industry: Media Production

It plugs into daily business

Reviewed on 28/4/2022

We need to be up to the minute aware of what our financial status is, with a streamlined way to invoice our customers, and a responsible way to document all activity.

Pros

Patriot Software Accounting offers all of the reporting we need for daily and monthly tasks. It is very clear how the charts of accounts integrate into the structure of our company.

Cons

It would make a lot more tactile sense to make the daily accounting work from a register type of interface. Using a General Ledger, then notating credits and debit columns, is a slower and less intuitive way to perform transactions than a single entry, customizable register would be. A register-based interface option would provide a far greater sense of user control and confidence.

Tracy
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Good

Reviewed on 15/9/2020

Ive never had any problems and staff is always helpful

Pros

Its very user friendly and helps with paying employee tax. We dony have employees at the moment but they still submit the paperwork and I dont have to think about it.

Cons

I really with they would calculate quartlerly taxes and submit them. Quickbooks even though I am not a fan of them they had that option and it was so easy. I would pay more just for this feature.

Duane
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Fair value for benefits and peace of mind

Reviewed on 22/9/2020

Patriot has helped with organizing and tracking how much an account has received or spent for a year total. If there is any issues customer support has been friendly and supportive in helping resolve the issue quickly.

Pros

Pay roll tax filing eases worries and makes business functionality easier The availability of having a support staff to call with questions is amazing.

Cons

Adjusting the bank totals to match the starting values. When printing checks you are unable to add things in the memo line.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

Cost effectiveness and tax filing benefits.

Cost, Funding sources, Ease of use advertising
Thomas
  • Industry: Hospitality

Patriot Accounting is a Great Solutions for Accounting and Payroll

Reviewed on 24/9/2020

Very Good and I am hoping that I can find a way to use the product for my other companies.

Pros

Ability to work from Home, Office, or anywhere else is a huge plus.

Cons

The Date field is the only thing that I deal with every day. It should default to the current day.

Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Price and Patriot also has a Timeclock feature.
Nichole
  • Industry: Telecommunications

WE LOVE PATRIOT

Reviewed on 15/9/2020

We switched from QuickBooks to Patriot in May, and we are SO HAPPY we made the switch! Patriot is able to do everything that QuickBooks can, but for a much more reasonable price. Patriot also does a lot of things automatically that you would have to manually enter for QuickBooks. Patriot has made my job a lot easier!

Pros

Automatic features (i.e. transaction rules), clean design, free of clutter! Also, LOVE Patriot's customer service! <3

Cons

I was emailing Patriot support about this - but we would really appreciate the ability to send invoices to customers and charge their credit card (instead of having the customer fill it out). We have customers that we charge every month and would love to be able to do that through Patriot, we're currently using mHelpDesk

Martin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best in Class!

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

Exceedingly positive. I can't say enough about the professionalism and personal service provided by Patriot's team. I am not an accountant, or bookkeeper, or tax consultant...and I don't want to be. Patriot's team gets that, and they treat us with respect and courtesy.

Pros

How much time do you have? I've used all of the major competitors in the field at some time or another. Patriot shares our values and beliefs, as evidenced in every interaction with them. The value for what they provide is unparalleled...not even close. Patriot has been completely transparent and there are no hidden fees or mysteries in function or cost. Patriot Software delivers what they promise and is always great to work with by phone or video conference. We feel like we are valued by them, and that is a plus for a small but growing business.

Cons

My only suggestion is, as always, integrations. I know "that other company" has been around a long time and exercises leverage on the industry. Patriot provides value and performs in a trustworthy and honest manner - we can wait for the integrations and grow with them.

QuickBooks Payroll and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Value, personal interaction, shared values
Dan

does the job

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

quickbooks was difficult to use and therefor terribly inaccurate.

Pros

much easier to understand over the other guys. layout and simplicity help drastically

Cons

we keep learning things we're doing wrong and didn't know it. not sure how to solve the problem besides be better at accounting. but we find ourselves doing things one way for months and then find a problem with it. that's on our team but some help before the problem is to big would be best.

Peach Software

customer service mainly

the name mostly
Kent
  • Industry: Hospitality

Still using Patriot Software after 5+ years

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

With built-in time card management, I can print payroll in minutes plus free hassle-free direct deposit it just makes it easier to run the company.

Pros

Easy to use, functionality that fits my needs.

Cons

Still don't have a mobile app, no big deal.

Gusto and Xero

It just fits my needs.
Jesse
  • Industry: Media Production

Patriot is low-cost, efficient accounting software

Reviewed on 1/4/2022

I love Patriot. It's a simple accounting platform perfect for small businesses with low needs and needing a low budget solution. If they could simplify the double-entry process, or do some of that work automatically, it would be a great option for small business owners.

Pros

Patriot's website was well designed and easy to navigate. It has a stylized but modern look, which I enjoyed. Menus and actions were easy to find, and the price was great. For my small service business I just needed invoices and transaction tracking, and Patriot provides those at a low price, with upgrades if needed.

Cons

Since I'm not an accountant, I don't understand double-entry accounting. When it came time to enter transactions, I got lost in the journal and debit/credit entries. I was really excited to use Patriot instead of the spendy Quickbooks, but the double-entry accounting method was a giant roadblock for me that I couldn't get around.

Response from Patriot Software

Thanks for your kind words Jesse. Debits and credits can be confusing. Did you know that we have an "easy" toggle so instead of using debits and credits, you can decrease and increase the amounts for each account. For instance, decrease your checking and increase your expense account. Hope you give it a try! And, we are always available for help, so if you'd like to see a demo of it, please contact us!

John
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great Software

Reviewed on 8/9/2022

Great overall experience. In fact if they can add the multiple payroll account feature I will probably stay with them forever.

Pros

The cost to benefit ratio is huge. It is so much easier and cheaper than quickbooks, with much better support.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to record payroll to separate accounts. For instance If I wanted my management team payroll to come out of one account and my hourly payroll out of another.

DJ

Perfect for Tracking 1099 Subcontractor Payments

Reviewed on 15/9/2020

Fantastic. Their customer support - whether on the phone or through the chat feature - is top notch. Very responsive, friendly and knowledgeable people.

Pros

Patriot Accounting is the best tool I've used for tracking 1099 subcontractor payments throughout the year and producing the necessary end of year forms for tax filings.

Cons

I only use the quick pay features and reporting in the accounting software

Barbara
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Patriot Accounting works well for very small businesses

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

Patriot software is great for people who don't need highly sophisticated customization and want to get the work of accounting done easily and simply.

Pros

Easy to use, easy invoicing, easy payment tracking

Cons

Can't create prepayments and debit against them.

Kim

Patriot Software

Reviewed on 3/6/2021

I have lots of questions on bank reconciliation. The customer service help I received on my various questions was excellent. Everyone is so knowledgeable and very pleasant.

Pros

Customer service is top notch. When ever I have a question, it is answered either by chat, phone call or searching through the system. Very user friendly.

Cons

I don't like the preset invoice number when creating an invoice. I would like that to be blank. I have my own invoice number to enter, so I need to delete the preset before entering my own.

Betsy

Great for starter

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

Pros

Being an inexperienced bookkeeper, this is the most user friendly software for me.

Cons

The ease of correcting items not entered or fixing past errors.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

IAN
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

overall excellent

Reviewed on 28/9/2020

excellent

Pros

Its ease of using and its inexpensive and i like the efficiency of the customer service.

Cons

merging the bank account with the program