Patriot Accounting

Online accounting software made for American businesses

4.7/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.8/5

Brittany N.
  • Industry: Government Administration

My experience with Patriot Accounting

Reviewed on 15/2/2021

My overall experience with Patriot Accounting is remarkable since it has eradicated accounting errors.

Pros

The way Patriot Accounting enables me to automate all accounting at ease is the best aspect ever on my user end.

Cons

I hardly come across hindrances when using Patriot Accounting, and I use it on a daily basis at workstation.

Jay U.
  • Industry: Media Production

It plugs into daily business

Reviewed on 28/4/2022

We need to be up to the minute aware of what our financial status is, with a streamlined way to invoice our customers, and a responsible way to document all activity.

Pros

Patriot Software Accounting offers all of the reporting we need for daily and monthly tasks. It is very clear how the charts of accounts integrate into the structure of our company.

Cons

It would make a lot more tactile sense to make the daily accounting work from a register type of interface. Using a General Ledger, then notating credits and debit columns, is a slower and less intuitive way to perform transactions than a single entry, customizable register would be. A register-based interface option would provide a far greater sense of user control and confidence.

Larry N.

Honesty

Reviewed on 13/1/2021

Patriot software is great for a small business tho it is a little clunky its workable.

Pros

Recording payments is very easy tho at times I forget to hit the save button. Also the payroll is very easy and smooth to use.

Cons

Cant partial pay a invoice (like sending a deposit) very annoying. The whole invoice part is very clunky not smooth at all. Same with seeing Bills from vendors. Also on invoicing It would be nice to be able to have spaces in the reference (we use addresses and codes). It helps our customers see what address we billed for. I wish you could also on the invoice have the comments above the billing portion. Overall a little bit of letting us change the format of some of the built in forms would be nice

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

xero was to robust and they nickle and dime you, tho it is very smooth and adjustable.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

used quickbooks before thought I would try something new
Tim O.
  • Industry: Automotive

Patriot software makes small business accounting and payroll easy!

Reviewed on 4/4/2022

Pros

Ease of use and ability to get assistance

Cons

None, everything was easy to set up and use

Martin G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best in Class!

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

Exceedingly positive. I can't say enough about the professionalism and personal service provided by Patriot's team. I am not an accountant, or bookkeeper, or tax consultant...and I don't want to be. Patriot's team gets that, and they treat us with respect and courtesy.

Pros

How much time do you have? I've used all of the major competitors in the field at some time or another. Patriot shares our values and beliefs, as evidenced in every interaction with them. The value for what they provide is unparalleled...not even close. Patriot has been completely transparent and there are no hidden fees or mysteries in function or cost. Patriot Software delivers what they promise and is always great to work with by phone or video conference. We feel like we are valued by them, and that is a plus for a small but growing business.

Cons

My only suggestion is, as always, integrations. I know "that other company" has been around a long time and exercises leverage on the industry. Patriot provides value and performs in a trustworthy and honest manner - we can wait for the integrations and grow with them.

QuickBooks Payroll and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Value, personal interaction, shared values
Richard T.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great Payroll Software

Reviewed on 11/5/2022

Works great

Pros

Its really easy to use, They take care of employee taxes.

Cons

I didn't find anything I didn't like. Love there software.

Robin S.
  • Industry: Online Media

Patriot Software

Reviewed on 24/5/2022

The support has been amazing. Support staff walks you through any issue you may have in a simple understandable way.

Pros

Patriot Software is user friendly. Information you need for reports is easily accessible.

Cons

It would be great if the past due amount would carry over. You have to post individual monthly payments separately,

Karen W.

You should try this software

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

They are awesome. I have no problems and if I get a question from the state or IRS, they are easily handled through the software or a person at Patriot.

Pros

The ease of use. These folks make your tax payment automatically and you don't have to worry about that payment or the tax filings. They all get made. You just have to make sure you have money in your account.

Cons

Entering all my back information, however they did help a lot and made it much easier.

Dorothy P.

Patriot software online

Reviewed on 10/5/2022

For 11years I have used Patriot Accounting and It's been good.

Pros

Easy to call and get help, and always return my call if I need them too. I love the way the program is set up its very easy for one who has little to none training. This is a great system or my store. Paying my employees and sending their funds to the bank, paying the Taxes for me on the employees and giving me peace of mind.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software.

Jayson J.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Happy I found Patriot

Reviewed on 22/5/2022

Pros

I was looking for a reasonably priced software for my small business. This certainly filled the bill and for my use was far and away better than the big box software that had numerous issues.

Cons

Customer phone number at setup.
It's kind of early for me to say.

Jeff C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great Price. Not intuitive, but gets the job done

Reviewed on 15/9/2020

Patriot seems like a payroll company which later added accounting. The payroll module is so easy to use and they appear to have thought of everything. The accounting module is much more quirky and seems a bit haphazzard. But their people are friendly and accomodating, so hopefully, they will up their game on the accounting side. From a price standpoint, you can't beat them for an on-line program that can be shared among users (staff, bookkeeper, attorneys, etc).

Pros

We switched from QuickBooks and that process was fairly easy, along with great support from Patriot. That's the best part of the software - the people at Patriot. They are prompt, attentive, and seem genuinely interested in improving their product. A close second is the Payroll product. It is ridiculously easy to use and far less expensive the most other on-line payroll services.

Cons

It is not intuitive. For example, if you just want to look at your general checkbook ledger, you cannot just click on an icon. You have to go to reports and then find the one that says "account balances." There are a number of things that make sense after you do them (voiding or deleting a check is a multistep process), but it's frustrating trying to find them. One of the biggest head scratchers is that printing a three-part check only prints on two parts of the check. That seems like a pretty basic item to fix, but it's still only two-parts.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

We decided to be entirely in the cloud, so Desktop Enterprise was not going to cut it. We looked at Intuit's online programs, but had sticker shock, especially with the payroll module. We only have two people getting paid via payroll, so it seemed excessive to pay Intuit's prices. We also did not need the myriad features Quick Books offer, as we have fairly simple accounting and payroll needs. We went looking for other on-line solutions and really liked Patriot's design, cost, ease for switching over, and people. We are hoping the accounting program becomes easier and more user-friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Patriot's payroll is easier to use and far less expensive than Intuit's. And we did not need all the bells and whistles that Intuit offers, so Patriot seemed like the right solution.
Darrell W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Perfect solution for small to midsized businesss

Reviewed on 15/9/2020

It may sound like I work for the company but honestly if anyone were yo ask me what is the best overall experience I have with software or a subscription service of this type I think patriot would be it based on the ease of use and amazing product support.

Pros

The system is super easy to use and understand and works as it should. Not buggy like some other big name accounting programs. Also if I need support I can honestly say the support team is is ready, willing and qualified to help and they will take the time needed to be sure my issue is handled. To the point that I am amazed at the time and care they take.

Cons

Every so often there is something I have trouble finding ( but support helps me!) part of that may be because I am not an accountant. But even those issues are rare and they are always adding nice features to make my job easier.

Lucy G.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Incredible Customer-Service and Strongly Valued Customer Input

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

Above providing a great software that suits the needs of a small business like ours (without being overly complex), they have outstanding customer service and value fulfillment of customer needs.

Pros

We wanted something that we could tailor to our own needs and that we could more seamlessly transition, from how we previously operated our accounting. We wanted something that was not overly complex to adapt to but that was also able to execute our accounting needs. It's challenging to find programs to best suit the flow of your daily tasks and that can also be flexible with function. Patriot fit all those needs.

Cons

Over the years of using this program, we have asked for many changes (with varying degrees of importance) and I cannot think of one that has not been fulfilled by the Patriot team. I'm not sure how they do it, but they seem dedicated to providing customer needs and to help ease workflow however they are able. They are regularly working to improve their software and needs of customers.

Jobber

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Patriot offers different features within their company, allowing you to utilize and only pay for what you need, versus one program in its entirety (ie Accounting, Payroll, etc). They had a large amount of features/options offered, while still being user-friendly (even from the start).
Craig P.

Basic Accounting Software, but it gets the job done

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

Very good. The customer service is superb. They answer the phone and are very helpful. If they don't know an answer, they find it out and get back to you. Email support is good too. The software is pretty basic compared to Quickbooks but if you don't need all those fancy features as I don't, it gets the job done. And the price is much better than Quickbooks. They have a bank reconciliation module, but I don't use it. Highly recommend for small businesses.

Pros

Started out on the package almost 5 years ago. It was pretty basic then, Patriot has added a steady stream of features to it each year. We don't use a lot of them however. I like the dashboard. If you are using the Payroll module, it's totally seamless integration. No frills accounting but that's ok because that's all I need.

Cons

Can't put a check number on a Quick Pay when you are running it. I use manual checks and there's not way to do that, except by putting the check number in the notes. If you are using printed check stock, that would not be an issue. Reporting is a little thin, but it gets the job done. The Financial statement is a little weird how it calculates owner's equity but my accountant reviewed the numbers and said it is correct. If you have accrued liabilities, They use "modified cash basis" which it also odd vs. Cash Basis. No Statement available to send out to customers.

Quickbooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Mainly cost, and the Payroll integration. They do full service payroll at a very competitive monthly rate.
Edward C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use and responsive customer service

I do not use Patriot Accounting

Pros

This software is easy to set up and even easier to use. I work for a small firm with only a couple of employees. Our payroll needs are fairly simple and Patriot is intuitive and has robust information available when needed.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Patriot. I guess it would be nice if there was a mobile app that allowed me to run payroll remotely from my desktop.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

Paychex was far more expensive and required a lot more effort to do the things I need to do, so when I became the person in charge of dealing with payroll at our firm, I wanted to find an inexpensive option that was straight forward.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

I have always found Quickbooks to be overly complicated and not intuitive at all. We still use it to track our income and expenses to give to our accountants. While it seems like there are infinite ways to generate financial reports, that process always seems way more time consuming than it needs to be and often doesn't give me the info I'm looking for the first time, so I need to try several different reports before I get what I want.
Julie Z.
  • Industry: Accounting

User Friendly Comprehensive Payroll Solution

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

Mostly all positive. I have always been able to contact support and get answers to my questions (even if I didn't like the answer because a feature was unavailable). There is somewhat a lack of communication to partners.

Pros

Patriot Software is easy to set up and easy to use. Everything is spelled out on the screen. There are very minimal clicks to accomplish basic payroll tasks. Patriot is also VERY up-to-date on tax law changes and communicating to users. Support is knowledgeable and hold times are very reasonable.

Cons

Ability to schedule different employees into different pay schedules. Lack of job costing. Lack of ability to pay an employee who works in multiple cities in same week.

Larry Z.

Great to Use

Reviewed on 30/1/2021

We were in the process of talking about going back to Quick Books and decided to stay with Patriot because of costs and ease of getting live help

Pros

Ease of getting into program

Ease of. getting help

Great to work with when calling in

Cons

When trying to get to certain options on the side to use, hard to maneuver to where you want to go

Cost

Cost
Brittany M.
  • Industry: Automotive

GREAT SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

I AM HAPPY WITH THIS SOFTWARE AND MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL

Pros

PATRIOT SOFTWARE MAKES IT EASY TO PAY EMPLOYEES, KEEP UP WITH INVOICES, AND PAY OUR VENDORS IN A TIMELY MANNER.

Cons

SOMETIMES IF A CHECK IS ISSUED IN ERROR, IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DELETE THAT PAYMENT, ONLY VOID IT.

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

WE DECIDED TO GO WITH PATRIOT BECAUSE IT WAS MORE USER FRIENDLY AND HAD EVERYTHING WE NEEDED.

Response from Patriot Software

Thanks Brittany! We love when our customers realize the benefit of having both accounting and payroll software under one login! We appreciate you sharing your experience!

User friendly accounting software with good customer service based support

Reviewed on 7/3/2020

In short, I would say that it is the best fit for those who are looking for a system with affordable prices and userfriendly. I recommend this accounting system as a well-satisfied user.

Pros

This software as I mentioned in the title it is extremely user-friendly for even non-finance people and also those who are new to accounting and SME business. I have been using it and most of the time I could manage by myself without getting information from my data entry assistant due to their well-organized features. Moreover, if I do need to get any assistance from their customer support team, always address immediately to my queries without any delay. It was great since we were busy clients and fulfill our requirements with full satisfaction.

At last, but not least their prices are more affordable as much as lower and value for paid money.

Cons

I just experienced a few problems at the beginning with setting up the system, But there are plenty of video tutorials available for troubleshooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and readily available to address our queries then and there to resolve

Tracy G.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Good

Reviewed on 15/9/2020

Ive never had any problems and staff is always helpful

Pros

Its very user friendly and helps with paying employee tax. We dony have employees at the moment but they still submit the paperwork and I dont have to think about it.

Cons

I really with they would calculate quartlerly taxes and submit them. Quickbooks even though I am not a fan of them they had that option and it was so easy. I would pay more just for this feature.

Jonathan R.

Patriot Accounting

Reviewed on 3/2/2020

Overall, Patriot has been straight forward and easy to use. Their customer service has been quick and easy to get ahold of.

Pros

The best part about this software was the ease of setup. It's very easy to enter customers, receive payments, and keep track of expenses.

Cons

As someone who is new to accounting software, I did have to call customer service for some setup questions with adding in categories to track expenses.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

We were recommended this program by a friend
Duane A.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Fair value for benefits and peace of mind

Reviewed on 22/9/2020

Patriot has helped with organizing and tracking how much an account has received or spent for a year total. If there is any issues customer support has been friendly and supportive in helping resolve the issue quickly.

Pros

Pay roll tax filing eases worries and makes business functionality easier The availability of having a support staff to call with questions is amazing.

Cons

Adjusting the bank totals to match the starting values. When printing checks you are unable to add things in the memo line.

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

Cost effectiveness and tax filing benefits.

Cost, Funding sources, Ease of use advertising
Kelvin B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

K. Baker Review for Accounting Software

Great tool for Small Businesses

Pros

Easy to Setup and Management. Critical Part of us receiving a PPP Loan.

Cons

Expand the program to allow project based billing and invoicing.

Victor E.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great!

Reviewed on 21/1/2021

my overall experience with Patriot Accounting it has been amazing! I literaly started my own business with them!

Pros

this is a great product for someone that is either new to the accounting business, there is a "how to" video in every part of the software.

Cons

there is not much to say about this topic, however some older generation would appreciate a desktop version

Melissa S.

Best payroll and invoicing software!

Reviewed on 16/9/2020

I love it! Super easy and responsive customer support

Pros

Everything in one place and I had no idea what I was doing. Patriot made it easy.

Cons

I wish the reporting feature had more export to excel functions for filing my commercial liability, NC101 ESC form and employee wages for Child support reports as well as other government support employees need info supplied by employers. When I run a report for a customer it would be nice to be able to save that or export. I would love to customize and save the customization of emails mailed within Patriot invoicing.