APS

Elizabeth R.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Made the switch from Intuit

Reviewed on 1/6/2021

Onboarding, when we went remote during the pandemic we desperately needed to onboard remotely and this was the perfect solution.

Pros

This is a total HRIS solution that is inexpensive and easy to use. You can choose what services to add and use and they all work together.

Cons

There are 3 different websites for different tasks, one for payroll, benefits, etc., another for recruiting and onboarding which imports into the payroll website, and a third for management and employee info. Wish it was all on one site and a separate website for employees, otherwise, no complaints.

RUN Powered by ADP and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing APS

Quickbooks didn't have the HRIS options that we needed, such as electronic onboarding.

Reasons for Switching to APS

APS had more features and was a better value.

Response from APS

Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that our software has provided you with more features and a better value. Thank you for being an APS customer.

Dee ann S.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent Product for our Small Business without a Huge Investment

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Before APS our payroll process was a multiple day process. It was a compilation of paper a third party time clock system that was very limited and our vacation policy was maintained by a spreadsheet and emails.

Pros

This software completely transformed our Payroll and HR processes. Completely integrated all aspects together into one place.

Cons

Have not really had any cons with the software if we run into something that we need it is either available or the customer support will give us ideas for a work around if not currently available.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing APS

The system was totally manual and basically only processed what was manually entered fro all of our other processes. Nothing was electronic. Everything was on paper.

Reasons for Switching to APS

Customer Support. Had never heard of APS and when we found it and looked into we were well pleased with what they offered compared to ADP at a much more reasonable pricing level. The corporate office was only one hour away from us and we went and met with them and saw first hand the Customer Support and have not been disappointed to date.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Dee Ann! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Heather N.

Great but needs some updating

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

We are generally impressed but it's seems like a newer software that needs to do some updating and more frequent updating at that.

Pros

Benefit management and carrier connection.
Ease of use for employees and administrators.
Accuracy of timekeeping and payroll.
Leave of Absence event tracking.

Cons

Performance Reviews. The templates are just too difficult to load as we use forms specific to each position. Editing of individual questions is not possible so we are not using this feature.
Customization is lacking in benefit set-up. We are not able to create custom messages during open enrollment, add specific attachments, or select PCP for our HMO plans which is pretty standard.
Notifications for Non-Banking Days. They pop up every time you go back to the dashboard. There should be a button to click I don't want to see this message anymore.
Customer Service is great and responsive but sometimes you get different answers from different reps.

Response from APS

We appreciate you taking the time to review the APS system. We see that you are experiencing issues with the performance and reliability of our system. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service.

If you have any other comments or questions, please do not hesitate to call, message, or email your account manager.

Thank you for being an APS customer!

Anthony C.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

APS Payroll and Hiring Software is second to none

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

We are solving payroll and new hire issues. They make it so easy for our reps to complete their onboarding process that we can't imagine ever going back to our old software. They also make it extremely easy to troubleshoot payroll issues in the even that a rep didn't receive their pay card or direct deposit.

Pros

I love the ease of use that this product offers. Even your day 1 employees can get the hang of this software before lunch time on their very first day using it. I also really like that they are continually updating and improving the software as the professional landscape grows and changes through technology. APS seems to be at the forefront of advancing their software so you'll never be frustrated at using a slow or outdated software for hiring or payroll. All in all this is just a great product that anyone can use and that is a major selling point for any business owner. Nobody wants to spend tons of time and money just training their HR and payroll teams to use their software and APS keeps that cost at a minimum.

Cons

I can't really think of anything i don't like about this software. I guess the one thing that i think APS could improve is where they put the search bars to search for current employees. Right now you have to go to a specific page to search for already hired employees while the applicant search bar can be accessed from the main screen.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Anthony! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our system has reduced your errors. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Matthew D.
  • Industry: Accounting

Truly Amazing Payroll & HR Software Partner

Reviewed on 19/5/2019

I started up a PEO/ASO/HRO company in Hawaii in 2009 and grew it to the 2nd largest in the HR/Payroll firm in the state. I sold this company to the largest competitor in 2016 when we were running $200 million of payroll and managed over 10,000 employees in multiple states. I can honestly say that I wish I discovered APS Payroll Software when I started my HR company, as this software truly blows away our PEO/HR/Payroll system we used.

When I sold my HR/Payroll company, I was looking at finding a new payroll software that could also handle all of our HR administration. I attended a Sage Intacct (accounting software) conference and met APS in the Exhibit Hall with numerous vendors. The final selling point is APS directly integrates into Sage Intacct. Finally, we have one login in which we can access all of our internal companies and external clients we process payroll for. There are so many bell and whistles available and it is very easy to learn and use. I highly recommend APS to everyone looking for an affordable payroll software, with an even more impressive and responsive team.

Pros

APS is very thorough with all of its various solutions: payroll, human resources, benefits administration, document storage, Time & Attendance, PTO, APS Hire (recruiting/job boards), Applicant Tracking, Online On-Boarding, Asset Management, etc, etc.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I do not like about APS. Their technical team is very flexible with custom solutions, APS Customer Service team is responsive (even with our 5-6 hour time difference between Louisiana and Hawaii). We have a dedicated "Partner Support" team member over at APS, as well as a "Training Support Partner".

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Matthew! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Loren A.

Quality System, Good Price & Customer Oriented

Reviewed on 2/12/2019

Sales promises were lofty, but the reality is the system is better than most that I've tried. For the price, function and delivery, this is a good system for a small to medium size employer. The add-on options make the system better in my opinion.

Pros

Very easy to use. The system is laid out in an easy to view manner. Also this is available on mobile device.

Cons

Customization is difficult. The company is willing to work with you, but may take time to develop any customs, if available at all.

Zenefits and Gusto

Update and Upgrade

Reasons for Switching to APS

Price was key. Overall the system met our needs.

Response from APS

Your positive review is much appreciated, Loren! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made your payroll processes easier. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Brenda S.

So happy with APS!

Reviewed on 25/4/2019

We are thrilled with APS and the service we receive. We can't get over how often we ask for something and how responsive they are to our needs. We have seen enhancements be made that we didn't even ask for just because it made sense and they were able to do it!

Pros

The system allows all of our processes to be integrated and it is so user friendly. It has saved us so much time because we don't have to re-key the same items over and over again in different systems. Our staff love all the added features they now get.

Cons

We really need a company-wide calendar view of approved PTO requests and I wish that the performance appraisal module had more features. On the rare occasion we have had to correct an error, APS corrects things quickly but we cannot always see what happens in the background and we sometimes struggle to understand the correction and how different GL accounts are affected, etc. Also, Report Writer and Report Builder are not completely compatible so sometimes it is difficult to pull everything we need in one report - I probably just need more training and practice.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Brenda! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would love the opportunity to speak with you and discuss additional training of the system. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further if you would like additional training for your team. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Tammy M.

APS Payroll Review

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

With APS Payroll, we now have dependable current & historical information. The many reporting options have saved us time and headache since we no longer have to access several documents to create things like the annual 401(k) census. We can maintain that information right in APS Payroll.

Pros

We're a tech company with less than 100 employees in the US and have been with APS Payroll for about three years. APS gave us the opportunity to offer our employees access to online employee information. The employees can pull pay vouchers, update most of their own personal information, request PTO online and other functions that were manual for them before APS.

Cons

On the administrative side, setting up a new employee can be cumbersome. There are a lot of steps that are necessary to create the proper internal document flow. Some things like PTO accruals are not set up as a default for a new employee. Should the accrual step be missed during onboarding, the employee may not accrue PTO as they should.

Response from APS

Thank you for your positive review, Tammy! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform that allows for easy document and information access for your employees. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Laurie K.

APS Captures All the Necessary HR Functions in One Easy-to-Use Package

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

We cut our costs in half and doubled our functionality. The implementation team spent more time on training than all of our previous payroll vendors combined. Answers to questions are a click away from within the system or a quick phone call to a dedicated team member. I highly recommend this product to companies of all sizes or to companies with multiple divisions to manage.

Pros

What's not to like? From implementation to use, the team at APS managed our conversion smoothly. Their dedicated tax team is always one step ahead of me and does regular audits to make sure we are compliant in all areas. I work with a specific payroll team so I know when I call or send in a support request through the online system, I will always be talking to the same people who know my account. Everything is contained within one module so you don't have to wonder if the information you enter in one part of the program is going to sync properly with other areas. Real-time updates keep all my reporting accurate.

Cons

We have had some occasional minor issues with our field techs being able to enter information to their timecards through the mobile app which is actually just a mobile friendly version of the online system. A true app is being released soon and I expect it will eliminate any small issues we've had in the past.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Laurie! We're glad to hear you're happy with the user-friendly design of our platform and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Robert R.

An Absolute Pleasure to Work With APS

Reviewed on 28/5/2020

Simplify time keeping on three sites, make payroll process more user friendly and eliminate printing paper reports, integrate with QuickBooks software, and streamline on-boarding and information collection.

Pros

The setup was easy, their team did most of the work. I really like having a team of people assigned to my account that I have came to know and rely on, so I deal with the same people all the time. Help is an email or phone call away and my team are very responsive. Customer service is awesome!

Cons

Not much to dislike. In fact, what I do not like is that my own HR people haven’t utilized the on-boarding and HR functions or the software as of yet.
The mobile services are not perfect and take some time to get functioning.

Response from APS

Robert, thank you so much for your feedback. It's awesome hearing implementation was a smooth process and you are enjoying your dedicated account team. We recently made some updates to our mobile app that you might find helpful, but we have also passed along your feedback to our developers. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Debbie R.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

APS-A good option

Reviewed on 1/6/2021

The APS team does a good job with checking on what the customer needs. They’ve regularly checked in With me and inquired about my satisfaction with the product and I’ve suggested something. A few times in an update I’ve noticed that they’ve included something that I (and others) requested. The customer support is wonderful.

Pros

This is the first time I’ve used a third party for payroll and have loved using APS. I think it offers a lot in terms of the ease in using it, reporting, data collection. The attendance tracking system is so helpful. The support team is wonderful and most of my questions are answered immediately unless Research needs to be done on the issue.

Cons

I think there are some reports that should be standard and they aren’t. It’s not a big deal because it’s pretty easy to set up a new report. However there have been times when I need certain information immediately and its not included In a standard report but It seems like it should be a standard report.

Response from APS

Debbie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you're having a great experience with our software and support. Thank you for being an APS customer.

Michael H.
  • Industry: Libraries

A graty payroll, timekeeping and HR solution.

Reviewed on 18/5/2020

The customer service has been stellar. I have never waited a full 24 hours for a response, and I've always been very satisfied with the resolution of any request.

Pros

Everything is cloud based. We have 16 location and nearly 90 employees. We need real time reports and updates. My administration works in different offices, and now we easily have access to the same content. This is easy to use for staff and managers. When we run payroll, it takes less than 10 minutes.

Cons

We would like more standard reports.

The QuickBooks export is very basic, and their customer support was not knowledgeable enough to help us with many classifications we have, so our CPA had to do extra work to set that up. Once it was done, we've had no problems.

Response from APS

Michael,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to review us. We are happy to hear that our unified cloud-based solution has provided you with ease! We have passed along your insight on Quickbooks to our development team. We look forward to serving you in the years to come.

• Industry: Information Services

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 9/11/2018

Pros

We use to manage our payroll in house which took a significant amount of time, even with a small number of employees. Switching to APS helped save time and allowed for a easier and more efficient way of tracking payroll. There are tons of different reports you can run and everything is very user friendly. If there is ever a question on anything our customer service agent is quick to respond and help. It's been great having all our employee information in one place!

Cons

A few instances of frustration where some of our benefits have not calculated correctly. I'm not sure if there was lack of communication upon setup or what happened. Anytime we have ran into this APS saw that a solution was made.

Response from APS

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss your concerns about calculating benefits. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.

Kanikia F.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

User-Friendly with Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 29/4/2021

Pros

The system is really easy to use, and the training process allows multiple employees to train at one time. The customer service is great. I have spoken with several team members on many different occasions and every team member is eager to help and provide great responses. Whenever I have an issue (which is not often), my questions are answered promptly with resolution. I also like the quarterly updates. The quarterly updates are live webinars that are also recorded for later review. The quarterly updates keep the users informed of upcoming changes and system enhancement.

Cons

I have encountered some issues with salary setup. There are a few preferences that I am not able to receive at the moment. However, I have had APS team members reach out to myself and colleagues in regards to changes

Response from APS

Kanika, thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear your experience has been overall positive. We've passed along your feedback about the salary issues as well. Thanks for being a valued APS client!

Kathy C.

Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed on 16/5/2019

Pros

I think their customer service is top notch. I love the fact that I can always pick up the phone and get someone immediately or send an email with a request and get a response back within one business day. This kind of service is rare these days.

I really like that applicants automatically move from APS Recruiting to APS Onboarding and then to Employee payroll account. I am very glad that we streamlined this process with APS.

Cons

I wish we could view multiple screens at the same time. Currently, if I want to view multiple reports at the same time, I have to back out and re-enter the info again. This part is not very user friendly. It requires too much going back and forth from one report to another.

Another thing that I do not like is that the system logs you out if there is no activity for so many minutes. I wish the user can set the time when this should happen. I feel like I am constantly getting logged out and have to log back in.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Kathy! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Christine K.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Exceeds Expectations

Reviewed on 22/6/2020

Working with APS is easy compared to other companies. It is easy to reach your account representatives when you need them, which is not always the case with some companies. Throughout the sales process, implementation, and now the daily grind of bi-weekly payroll, APS has felt more like a colleague rather than an outside company.

Pros

The reporting feature is by far the best feature for our office. We have several people that are part of the payroll process and each of us has our own reporting needs. The ability to build custom reports for our specific needs has been a major shift from our previous provider.

Cons

I have used this software for multiple years and I have no complaints. Every issue that I have encountered has been addressed, either specifically for our account, or as an overall update to the system.

Response from APS

Christine, thank you so much for the raving review. We are thrilled to hear that our reporting features have made things so efficient for you, and your dedicated account team has been so responsive. We look forward to working with you for many years to come.

Kelly E.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great customer support for our growing company!

Reviewed on 9/11/2018

Even though there are some cons with APS, the customer service truly can't be beat!

Pros

APS customer support is absolutely wonderful. We have a team of dedicated support staff who have been with us since before implementation and are always available to answer questions and provide site assistance. We are a growing company with multiple entities, so we are actively working with our APS team to improve functionality of the site to fit our needs best. The site is also very user friendly within companies. I have used other "bigger" payroll systems and this is a much more simplified site.

Cons

Some of the features are not yet as developed as some of the other "big name" companies, but their dev team seems to be constantly working to make themselves better for their clients. At this time, APS (Payroll, eSelfServe and Hire sites) does not work well on handheld devices (even tablets), so you almost always have to have a computer available to do the work you need; i.e. if we are out of office and a team member needs something, we can't use our smart phones to find that answer, we have to wait to get back to our computers. The system seems to work better in browsers such as Google Chrome vs. Safari, and can be very slow at times.

Renee' H.

It has been a great relief to not have to worry about filing the taxes.

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

The software has been great capturing the time of most of our employees without myself having to manually input. The ability to customize our vacation and PTO benefits for our employees. Once the payroll has been processed, APS takes care of direct deposits, filing taxes, creating checks to be printed for live checks and deductions. Employees being able to access their information online without having to request myself to make the updates. Having mobile clock in and outs.

Pros

Office employees are able to clock in and out, request time off electronically and receive approval electronically.

Cons

For this software to allow the field employees to clock in using a job name. We are a subcontractor organization and our field employees clock into the jobs they are working on. Also, it would be beneficial if once the time is captured in APS that the hours could be uploading in Workflow Max the hours worked on each job.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Renee'! We're glad to hear your time and attendance has simplified. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Bob T.

APS review 2018

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

The compatibility with our clock in software is great!
The customer service is excellent! I have dealt with several reps and they are all well trained and knowledgeable about the product!

Pros

I do like the ease at which we can set up employees for direct deposit, it's a time saver! Even changes in direct deposit are easy to deal with.

Cons

I find some challenges in locating the specific reports I need. But, that just might be me!
I also miss a function that we had with another software which calculates a payroll check based on the net amount you enter into the calculator. Miss that a lot!

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review Bob! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss your concerns. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.

Makeasha S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Happy with product and service

Reviewed on 22/8/2018

Because of the dual (APS Online & Eselfserve.com) software for admin and users I am able to communicate with managers and staff easily. Things look the same and I can guide a user on the site without having the manual handy.

Pros

Very easy to use. The website is clean and clear..not full of clutter. Easy to locate what I need for payroll.

Cons

The reporting features are a litter cumbersome. I wish I could with ease choose more reporting options for my organization. I normally have to call to run a new report.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Makeasha! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Thanks,

Sonya M.

APS - Sofware Advice - VRC

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

I love the time clock system that APS offers. Before the guys were just writing their time on a piece of paper. Now their time is accurate.

Pros

I like that APS software is user friendly. I also like that they are a local company. My account team is always there when i need them.

Cons

I think the only downside would be technology. There are always bumps in the road but with a great account team at APS they can help guide you through any issue that may arise.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Sonya! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued APS customer!

Simple and cost effective payroll solution

Reviewed on 20/11/2017

Quick, effcient payroll processing with the flexibility to write paychecks on the fly, if necessary.

Pros

This is easy to use product with great customer support. It is perfect for our small company. I love the fact that since it is all web-based, I can process my payroll from anywhere that I have an internet connection.

Cons

Would like to be able to download an individual employee's attendance record in a calendar format for a good visual representation of attendance.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review! We're glad to hear you have been able to remotely process your payroll. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Inga R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

pull reports easily and our employee tracking has increased

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

We are able to pull reports easily and our employee tracking has increased and is much quicker now.

Pros

Pretty easy to navigate, help tools and online support is good.

Cons

Onboarding is slowed down by having to completely refresh an employee to add 2nd and 3 layer data. We onboard heavily over 3 months, so that time delay is significant.
WE are westcoast and the support team are east coast, so not much effective support after 3pm really.
Online file feeds to healthcare providers takes a VERY long time set up.

Response from APS

Thank you Inga for your honest review, we appreciate your feedback. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss the issues you are having. We've notified our Success Manager, April Remedies about your current experience with APS. If you would like to contact her directly, you may reach her at [email protected] or 318-213-3263.

Thanks again for your review,

Douglas J.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

APS has meet all our needs

Reviewed on 29/8/2018

Pros

Customer support has been excellent. The software was already in place when I came and the customer support helped me through some gaps in training.
They were also helpful with solutions to some of our needs that are specific to Churches.

Cons

Needing to transmit payroll 2 days before pay date. I have been able to do it the day before with another vendor.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Doug! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback on submitting payroll. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Thanks,

Anna M.

Fantastic Customer Support

Reviewed on 9/11/2018

Pros

I love the easy and intuitive functions of this programs. The customer support is fantastic. I cant say enough about those the customer support. They are very quick to respond and very helpful as well. I have never had a problem getting in touch with anyone! Ever! I did a test group for them last year, when I sent in my recommendations for improvements, I really felt that they were listened to and taken seriously. They seem to be always trying to improve.

Cons

the only thing I could say is sending customized reports have given us trouble on the admin side, and the "clock out" "Log out" buttons being so close together has cause a few time issue we had to fix. Other than that, it has been wonderful.