APS Payroll

Chris
  • Industry: Wholesale

Aps - Made my life easier

Reviewed on 19/8/2018

Excellent. From implementation thru now, I feel that APS has helped me completely make my life easier when it comes to payroll/HR functions. I love the fact that I have one point of contact and dont have to dial into a call center.

Pros

APS is a one stop software...One website with everything that you need for HR, Payroll, time keeping, etc. The software is very easy to use and super user friendly. I have been on APS for about a year and have been very happy with the move.

Cons

Other than a few buttons and minor functionality issues, I don't really have any issues.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review Chris! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform that makes processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Thanks,
APS Team

Robin
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

APS Payroll is a Solution for Your Company

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

It has been great, APS is moving in the right direction and we are learning new things all the time and new ways to utilize the software.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to run things from time and attendance to recruitment and onboarding all integrating into the Payroll side of it.

Cons

The implementation and pulling of software from our old database into this one, ensuring that it all matched up correcting.

Paycom and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing APS Payroll

We wanted a cloud based system that could easily interactive with other softwear, APS luckily interacts with many softwear already to make payroll and human resources work great together.

Sage 100

Reasons for Switching to APS Payroll

Best price for best product.

Response from APS

Thank you so much for the positive review, Robin! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Julie

Payroll Specialist

Reviewed on 22/8/2018

My experience has had some good and some bad. I feel the customer service is great but I don't feel the system meets our companies needs as I have to track several things manually because the system does not track them correctly.

Pros

The system is pretty user friendly. I like the fact that the majority of reports export into excel. Customer service team is always readily available to help and very responsive.

Cons

There are issues with transferring employees from company to company. The system does not cap deductions correctly.

Response from APS

We appreciate your review, Julie! We're glad to hear our support team is providing the responsive attention you deserve.

We see that you are experiencing issues with the performance of our system. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service. We would also love the opportunity to speak with you one on one to discuss your concerns. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.

Thank you for being an APS customer!

Tracie

Benefits Administration

Reviewed on 24/11/2019

Easily administer the majority of our benefits and enrollments.

Pros

I like that APS Payroll has an integrated Payroll and HR system - and that I can manage the individual enrollments for our employees. I also like that I can load all of our benefit documents into the system, which allows our employees access to the information at any time.

Cons

I wish the setup of our benefits plans offered more customization, such as not requiring a beneficiary for life benefits (our carrier will only accept signed paper forms) and customized voluntary life volumes (versus a 'formula' to calculate volumes). I also wish the system could accommodate our opt-out payments (rather than having to enter the credits directly in payroll).

Response from APS

The positive review is much appreciated, Tracie! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll easier. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Kristine
  • Industry: Plastics

So Easy To Use

Reviewed on 25/5/2021

I was impressed with APS being on top of getting an FFCRA dashboard set up so quickly during the pandemic. We were able to pay our employees correctly without delay.

Pros

APS employs people that genuinely care about helping us with our payroll needs. Any time I have a question, they are right there with an answer. I like that I can send a message directly in the website, and then they will email me an answer.

Cons

This is the easiest payroll software I have ever used. It is extremely user friendly. The one time I was having trouble with running a report, the team at APS quickly fixed the issue. I have no complaints.

Response from APS

Kristine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this raving review. We are happy to hear your dedicated support team has been so helpful. We are also happy to hear our interface has been so user-friendly. We look forward to working with you for years to come.

Julie

Easy to Use and Amazing Customer Support!

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

Payroll is much faster to do now. While ADP worked, there were lots of links, tabs, and pages that could be overwhelming/unnecessary for a small business. Trying to find specific reports was a nightmare and customer service was non-existent. We are able to process payroll faster, get better answers and help, and have more time to focus on other aspects of the business.

Pros

Their customer support is the best! I love that we have a dedicated team of specialist that I can see online before I even submit a ticket. I usually get the same person, every time and she is very quick and responsive in helping solve any issues or questions I have. Coming from ADP where we had to wait sometimes an hour or longer to speak to a live person, being able to speak to someone in 5 minutes is AMAZING!

Cons

The ONLY thing I dislike about APS is the reporting output format. While it gives me the information I need, prior to exporting to excel or PDF, it always looks nicer on screen than it does in the printout. I wish they could keep the formatting of reports throughout which would be great. But that's really just nitpicking.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing APS Payroll

ADP customer service was non-existent and navigating the website was often confusing.

ADP Workforce Now

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Julie! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Ronald

We Used Paychex and ADP and Then We Found APS

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

APS is responsive and has experts on hand if the Help Desk can't solve the issue

Pros

It is easy for the CEO to learn and use. I can go into the database at any time and find the data I need without help

Cons

The appraisal forms are cumbersome and cannot be edited. We gave up after a year.

BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing APS Payroll

ADP is not intuitive and we made regular errors in payroll

Reasons for Switching to APS Payroll

We wanted time and attendance integrated into payroll. Bamboo had an attractive interface but not a complete solution in itself (in 2013)

Response from APS

Ronald, thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We are happy to hear our streamlined solution has helped keep all of your payroll and HR data in one place. We have passed along your feedback about the appraisal forms. We look forward to working with you for years to come.

Katha

EMployee Management system

Reviewed on 25/5/2021

great I would not change the system or use another EMS.

Pros

It meets all our needs from payroll to benefits and is customizable has needed.

Cons

they need to add additional customer services hours.

BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing APS Payroll

the cost and lack of support from Adp.

Reasons for Switching to APS Payroll

Very user friendly and all inclusive service

Response from APS

Katha,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear our system has been configurable to your needs. We've passed along your feedback about customer service hours as well.

Scott
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Happy User of 2+ Years

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Pros

best customer service department I've worked with out of all the vendors I interface with

Cons

a few limited features in staff work/hours scheduling

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Scott! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Amy
  • Industry: Human Resources

Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 15/4/2022

Good experience, just wasn't as scalable as we needed for other HRIS.

Pros

Dedicated, available and knowledgeable customer service. The best I've experienced with payroll systems.

Cons

It had difficulty when the client became larger.

Response from APS

Amy, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with our customer service team. Thank you for being a valued APS customer.
We look forward to helping and working with you in the years to come!

Benjamin
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A satisfied APS costumer

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

We have been able to bring several HR functions under one software platform. The ease of use and communications piece has saved us so much administrative time.

Pros

I find the software very easy to use and the support team is responsive and very helpful.

Cons

Some of the ACA functions seem to be cumbersome and have taken a little extra time to learn and use.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing APS Payroll

Ease of use, functionality, and more solutions under one platform.

Reasons for Switching to APS Payroll

Friendly, helpful staff. The customization of the platform as well as the reporting functions.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Benjamin! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Felisha

Great system- very USER friendly

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

N/A

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. User Friendly

Cons

You cannot process manual checks same day. They have to be ran/ pushed through with payroll.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing APS Payroll

Issues with proper tax filings.

Reasons for Switching to APS Payroll

APS offered more so we decided this system would be best.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Felisha! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our system has reduced your errors. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Amanda

I have had a wonderful experience using APS as our payroll software. It is a great product and...

Reviewed on 20/11/2017

Pros

What I like most about this product is how everything I need is available at any time I need it as well as being very easy to navigate on the site once logged in. It is very user-friendly and helpful with all needs that I may have as well as requests needed for employees. It is as easy as logging onto the site and clicking two to three times to get exactly what I need. I have had to run reports for myself for office functions as well as a request from an employee and it is always very easy and helpful. I believe we get our money worth by using this product on a weekly basis. It seems to fit all our needs as a company and my needs as an administrator. I have had to call on our account manager a few times and when doing so, every time she has been extremely helpful and efficient in helping me find and get what I need to be done. The quality that this software offers us as a company is hands down the best I have ever had. I have worked with APS for several years now. At one time I processed payroll with APS for about 1500 people bi-weekly and I now do it weekly for about 10. So whether you have 1500 or 10 people to conduct a payroll for weekly or biweekly, APS has made it very efficient and easy to navigate their product and easy to search and find exactly the reports needed. I look forward to watching them grow while we grow and using them now and in our future. There would be no other company that I feel could compare to or offer what APS has been able to do for us. The BEST quality!! From the site to the account manager, they have not only met but exceeded our expectations.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Amanda! We are so glad to hear you love our system and it has made processing payroll simple for you. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Industry: Airlines/Aviation

APS more than a payroll solution.

Reviewed on 25/5/2021

I have worked with APS for almost 10 years. Their level of customer service and willingness to listen and find solutions to unique opportunities puts them above their competitors.

Pros

The addition of APSHire has made recruiting and onboarding more efficient and easier for applicants. Having the ability to allow them to complete paperwork from any computer has reduced the days to hire.

Cons

My only comment might be with more robust reporting options.

ADP Workforce Now

Response from APS

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear that APS Hire has been so helpful for your recruiting and onboarding process. We've passed along your feedback to our development team about the reporting as well.

P.S. If you would like to receive your full gift card amount for leaving us a review, please email us at [email protected] with an email you'd like the gift card sent to. Thanks for choosing APS!

Tammy

APS Payroll Review

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

With APS Payroll, we now have dependable current & historical information. The many reporting options have saved us time and headache since we no longer have to access several documents to create things like the annual 401(k) census. We can maintain that information right in APS Payroll.

Pros

We're a tech company with less than 100 employees in the US and have been with APS Payroll for about three years. APS gave us the opportunity to offer our employees access to online employee information. The employees can pull pay vouchers, update most of their own personal information, request PTO online and other functions that were manual for them before APS.

Cons

On the administrative side, setting up a new employee can be cumbersome. There are a lot of steps that are necessary to create the proper internal document flow. Some things like PTO accruals are not set up as a default for a new employee. Should the accrual step be missed during onboarding, the employee may not accrue PTO as they should.

Response from APS

Thank you for your positive review, Tammy! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform that allows for easy document and information access for your employees. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Debbie
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

APS-A good option

Reviewed on 1/6/2021

The APS team does a good job with checking on what the customer needs. They’ve regularly checked in With me and inquired about my satisfaction with the product and I’ve suggested something. A few times in an update I’ve noticed that they’ve included something that I (and others) requested. The customer support is wonderful.

Pros

This is the first time I’ve used a third party for payroll and have loved using APS. I think it offers a lot in terms of the ease in using it, reporting, data collection. The attendance tracking system is so helpful. The support team is wonderful and most of my questions are answered immediately unless Research needs to be done on the issue.

Cons

I think there are some reports that should be standard and they aren’t. It’s not a big deal because it’s pretty easy to set up a new report. However there have been times when I need certain information immediately and its not included In a standard report but It seems like it should be a standard report.

Response from APS

Debbie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you're having a great experience with our software and support. Thank you for being an APS customer.

Robert
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

An Absolute Pleasure to Work With APS

Reviewed on 28/5/2020

Simplify time keeping on three sites, make payroll process more user friendly and eliminate printing paper reports, integrate with QuickBooks software, and streamline on-boarding and information collection.

Pros

The setup was easy, their team did most of the work. I really like having a team of people assigned to my account that I have came to know and rely on, so I deal with the same people all the time. Help is an email or phone call away and my team are very responsive. Customer service is awesome!

Cons

Not much to dislike. In fact, what I do not like is that my own HR people haven’t utilized the on-boarding and HR functions or the software as of yet.
The mobile services are not perfect and take some time to get functioning.

Response from APS

Robert, thank you so much for your feedback. It's awesome hearing implementation was a smooth process and you are enjoying your dedicated account team. We recently made some updates to our mobile app that you might find helpful, but we have also passed along your feedback to our developers. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Cheryl
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Try APS for your company HR AND FINANCIAL. Needs

Reviewed on 12/8/2021

I can run reports for my employees’ information. This is helpful because I can audit their deductions easily and make sure my insurance premiums are correct. I can find tardies, store hiring documents and help employees keep up with accrual hours, all in one place.

Pros

I like the support provided by the team at APS. They answer my questions timely and are friendly.

Cons

Not really a software issue, but after Covid we are no longer able to pick up the phone and talk to my support team. The requests are submitted by email and I wait for an answer. It comes pretty quickly, but makes me stop my work while I wait.

Response from APS

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for your positive review! We're glad to hear that you are able to run the reports and find the data you need within our system. Thank you for your feedback regarding calls to your support team. We will pass along that information to our support teams.

Thank you for being an APS customer!

Sheila
  • Industry: Law Practice

Flexible & Robust System

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

My overall experience with APS is extremely helpful. I could not do my job with the flexibility of the APS

Pros

The feature, ease of use, and flexibility that it gives me to pull important information.

Cons

It was getting hold of support in a timely matter but this improving.

Response from APS

Sheila, thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that our platform has been so user-friendly. We have passed along your feedback about response times and will make sure it is a priority! Thank you for being a valued APS customer!

Jenny

Time saver!

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

This has greatly helped supervisors monitor for overtime. It's the first system we've used to digitally process time off requests, and after using a paper system for year, this has been a welcome change. Highly recommend.

Pros

This has been a great tool for managing employee time, benefits and leave in our organization. The self-serve portal is great for allowing employees to clock in/out from anywhere on campus (it is geofenced). It allows both employees and supervisors to easily monitor time so overtime is not so frequent. We also used it for benefit enrollment which streamlined the entire process for everyone!

Cons

The only glitch I've found is that the only spot to enter an employee comment is before you click "clock out" or "clock in," so an extra clock in/out is necessary to add a comment, and then the admin has to clean up that time entry. (Comments are necessary if a punch is missed: for example, if an employee forgot to clock in from lunch, they would have to enter the comment "missed clock in after lunch 12:15" before they clock out.

Response from APS

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Jenny! We are happy to hear that the APS platform has made it easier for you to manage employee time, benefits, and leave. We will pass along your constructive feedback regarding comments for time entries.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for being a valued APS customer!

Ahmed
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Good Value Payroll HR Software

Reviewed on 25/5/2021

Very good experience, reliable with good support and expanding feature set

Pros

It offers many of the features that other brands do at a lower cost

Cons

UI could use some improvement to make it more intuitive

Value

Response from APS

Ahmed, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear the platform has been cost-effective and functional. We've passed along your feedback about the intuitiveness of the user interface as well. Thank you for being a valued APS client.

Deborah

APS saves time and money

Reviewed on 13/2/2019

I was especially impressed with the implementation process. APS employees stayed late and worked to get our first payroll out timely and correctly. We didn't have a missed or late payroll during the change over.

Pros

APS is totally automated. My processing time for a payroll of 230 employees went from 2 days to 2 hours. Supervisors and employees also save time and no longer duplicate work. Once submitted, APS is ready to run reports on the payroll within minutes. The support team is quick to answer questions and always courteous. We have no unresolved problems.

Cons

Reports are somewhat limited. No report can include information from the different categories. Time and Attendance can only report from the employee timesheets. Payroll can only report from the payroll module. Additionally, the automated process involves some rounding of amounts that sometimes need to be adjusted.

Elizabeth

Intuitive & easy to use with great customer care

Reviewed on 2/6/2021

Very happy with it and appreciate the customer service - shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

The reporting features and the payroll audit summary are so helpful and convenient when pulling metrics or finding important information in a snap.

Cons

Being that it's a smaller platform, it does not integrate with other software platforms where data pull is needed from our payroll HRIS.

Response from APS

Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that our software has made your job easier and that your support has been helpful. We noticed you mentioned a lack of integration with other systems. We do offer integrations with hundreds of other systems. Our customer success team would be happy to discuss options with you to ensure you're getting the most out of your investment. Feel free to reach out to April Remedies for assistance - [email protected] Thank you for being an APS customer.

Corey
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great customer service!

Reviewed on 2/12/2019

Pros

Very happy with all the capabilities that aps has to offer for full service HR functions.

Cons

None that I can recollect at this time.

Response from APS

Thank you for your positive review, Corey! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Andrew
  • Industry: Banking

APS

Reviewed on 25/5/2021

APS has been very good for our company. They are the right price for our size and treat us like we are their number one customer.

Pros

The most impactful feature of the APS payroll system is that it it a web based system. I have worked on others that were not but APS system is. It is easy to learn and my employees and management do not ever have any issues.

Cons

The look of the the software seems dated but it does the job.

Response from APS

Andrew, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a raving review. We are happy to hear our web-based interface has been so helpful. We've passed along your feedback about the aesthetic of the platform as well. Thank you for being a valued APS client.