Optimum HR by Optimum Solutions

Online Human Resources software with common database support

4.6 /5 (66 reviews) Write a Review!

Melanie H.

An amazing solution to punch cards and hand calculated hours!!

Reviewed on 14/3/2016

We transitioned from time punch cards that were totaled by hand and then inputted into a payroll processing software. The biometric hand scan eliminated employees clocking other employees in. The ease of the flow from time & attendance to payroll has saved us countless hours!!

Customer support has been very responsive to my emails and questions.

The training and implementation process was amazing.

The reports that come with the software are not as customizable as I would like. We haven't yet had the time to figure out the report-writer part. I would also like to see development around the training information. It would be really helpful to be able to create training programs that I can mass add employees under so that I don't have to go into each employee individually to add the training. Usually I have 50 people go through a training class at a time. It would be so much simpler to add them all at once.

Ryan S.

Great Payroll and HR System!

Reviewed on 17/3/2016

We have been with Optimum for about 3.5 years and we have not been disappointed. We looked at several different vendors and chose Optimum due to price and how well we liked the software after the demo. Optimum has excellent support staff and user friendly software. I recommend being very involved with the Set Up process as that is the best way to learn the ins and outs of this software. It can be customized to fit the needs of your company! Did I mention the support staff are excellent!? They always do a great job and are very friendly.

The only "con" I can think of, is that sometimes it takes a little longer to get "non-emergency" items resolved. With that said, they do get them resolved and usually in a reasonable amount of time! After all, they were "non-emergency" items!

Would definitely recommend this company!

Patricia F.

Optimum Software is very easy to use.

Reviewed on 16/3/2016

Optimum Software is a nice product that is easy to use. The support you receive during installation and initial workings is tremendous. Annette Griffin was wonderful to work with and made us smile while we were getting our "homework" done. As our facilitator, Whitney Reynolds also did a great job of answering our "now what do I do?" questions when we hit stumbling blocks. Now that we're out of our new phase, answers aren't quite as quick but we do get help where we need it. We're still working through some reporting issues, but overall we are very pleased with this software.

Kelli W.

Over 8 years working with it-fantastic product

Reviewed on 11/3/2016

We love the ability to keep our payroll/human resources in-house as we manage 650+ employees in a multi-state environment. No need for 3rd party vendors in any arena. The payroll/hr/time&attendance modules all integrate very nicely, are easy to use and we can get what we need done with a very small staff. Customer service from every department at Optimum is top-notch in professionalism, efficiency, flexibility and all-around nice people to work with.

Beverly H.

Optimum Rocks

Reviewed on 16/3/2016

Pros: Customer Service is top notch. They are always there to help. I don't know where I would be in the learning curve if it hadn't been for my representative's willingness to always help out when needed.

Also like that it interfaces with our timekeeping system so easily. It makes payroll day that much easier.

Cons: Very complex if you have never used it before but our rep is very forgiving.

Debbie K.

One of the most comprehensive payroll, hr and time systems out there

Reviewed on 24/3/2016

This is a very comprehensive system for any HR department. They have a well-defined process for setting up the system, and support is good. Although we have been using it successfully for over three years, we were never able to unlock much of its promise due to limitations on our end with time and attendance scheduling. But our situation is pretty unique, and I think overall the software is quite good.

Mary M.

Excellent Product and Vendor

Reviewed on 14/3/2016

The software is very user friendly and I caught on quickly and comfortably. I have developed a great relationship with my support contact and can't thank her enough for the hours that she has gone above and beyond with assisting me. If she wasn't available, I could trust that anyone else could assist me as well.

L B.

Love, love love it! I searched and search and stumbled upon the software

Reviewed on 14/3/2016

The software is easy to use and becomes easier the more familiar you become with it. There were one or two aspects that we had to tweak as we needed it for none U.S payroll so we were relieved that although it was a U.S payroll it was versatile enough to be used adequately for payroll processing outside of the U.S

Lydia K.

JB Instant Lawn - Customer Review

Reviewed on 16/3/2016

We have used Optimum for almost 10 years, and I love that I have experts in the payroll field just an email or phone call away. With all the changes that happen each year in payroll reporting and processing, it's good to know that my submissions to Federal and State agencies will always be accurate.

Amanda L.

Okay Software

Reviewed on 11/3/2016

If a problem comes up while working in the software, a quick phone call to them and they respond in a timely matter. The turn around time for solving any issue is very quick and accurate. They will also walk you through how they fix the problem just in case it comes up again.

Maureen S.

Optimum is great!

Reviewed on 11/3/2016

This software is so much more than what we had before. There are more reports available, processing of payroll is much easier, less work. The task of accumulating all of the information for the install was stressful, but the pay off was well worth it!

Jo S.

Solid Software / Great Vendor

Reviewed on 18/3/2016

The software is solid, intuitive to use, and the vendor is fabulous to work with. Their customer support is everything I could ask for. We do have to use an outside report writing tool to get the flexibility in reporting that we desire.

Shelly J.

Gret Product!

Reviewed on 14/3/2016

Optimum is easy to learn, customer support is always quick to get back to me. They make you feel like you are the only customer, even though your not. On the down side for us the system is a little slow, but other wise great.

Chester M.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN GOOD. NO SPECIAL PROBLEMS OR ISSUES.

Reviewed on 17/3/2016

PROS - 1. The capacity to collect and compile plenty of data.
2. Easy to use.
3. Report options.

CONS- Make available, expand AD HOC Report feature.

Sherri P.

I have used Optimum 4 + years.

Reviewed on 11/3/2016

Large variety of reports.
Great Year-end and Quarterly Tax Filing.
Detailed user manuals and customer support.
Quick answers to problems.
Great value for the system you receive.

Sheryl L.

SOW agreements

Reviewed on 15/3/2016

I am very pleased at how efficient my project manager and the programmers get these request resolved quickly for my company.

Rene W.

Overall Optimum Solutions is an excellent product.

Reviewed on 11/3/2016

If you put in the correct information, you get the correct result.

Sandy H.

An ease to use and most comfortable with the support team if any problem or question

Reviewed on 15/3/2016

Great support team always available.

Implementation is going smoothly

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

Pros

The project team has been very good to work with on the implementation. In addition, the self-service installation is well done.

Cons

The initial Optimum software installation is self-service however the installation guide is helpful and their technical person will provide some limited assistance if you get stuck.

Calixto R.

Optimum Soluitions

Reviewed on 22/3/2016

Overall, Optimum Solutions provides a phenomenal HR/Payroll program that is easy to use. With respect to "pros", Optimum Solutions' customer services is outstanding - particularly Mr. Dave Collazo; who is always there to assist me with any questions I may have. Should he not be immediately available, he is always good at returning my phone calls and/or answering my emails.

The only con that I can think of regarding Optimum is the many bugs that seem to pop up from time to time. For example, on PTO cash-outs, any amount of hours cashed is not automatically deducted from the PTO bank; thereby requiring that I manually deduct the hours cashed-out. Also, for some unknown reason, we always receive a scheduling error on Saturdays and Sundays; which also require manual correction. Please note that there are other minor bugs - nothing we can't cope with; but it would be nice if the errors could be eliminated. Several copies of our database have been sent to Optimum with no avail.

In light of these minor issues, I still continue to praise Optimum and its customer service; and will recommend it to anyone looking for HR/payroll software.

Thanks!!!

- Cal.

Amanda K.

User Review

Reviewed on 19/1/2015

Our company as been utilizing Optimum Solutions for payroll since 2012. Our company includes 28 locations, 10 states and 6,000 associates. Payroll is completed at each location and the corporate office (myself) handles the state and suta files, w-2's etc. Optimum seems to work ok for our company except for a few glitches here and there. The part I would like to see improvement on is the customer service. Most of our other companies/third part administrators have a very good understanding of our company and how we operate. I would like to see that from Optimum. When I call with an issue, I don't want to have to explain how we operate and all of the little details. I would like to see our representative know everything about our company and be able to answer a question quickly and give insight on what would be best for our company. I realize we aren't the only company our representative takes care of but I think it would be a huge improvement. Thanks!

Annette S.

Nextek's Review of Optimum Solutions

Reviewed on 16/4/2012

Our company has been using Optimum since 2007. Optimum is a great cost effective tool which has allowed us to continue generating payroll in house. They are always open to suggestions on how to improve current features as well as suggest new ones. The support staff is knowledgeable and eager to help. They have great implementation teams that walk you through every step of the system set-up. I highly recommend Optimum Solutions software for all your Payroll or Human Resources needs.

Pros

HR, Payroll, and Time and Attendance are fully integrated. It's easy to use and the support staff are great. Optimum offers an annual conference for their users which allows you to attend classes and interact with other users. Optimum stays on top of Payroll Law changes and implements updates to the system as needed.

Cons

Not all the reports have sort functions and some have limted sort functions.

Eric G.

Ajax Turner Company

Reviewed on 19/4/2012

I have and will continue to recommend OSI to any person that will listen. The relationship Ajax Turner Company, and myself personally, has built with OSI has been an enjoyable and educational experience.

Pros

Customer Service is OUTSTANDING. The customer support team is cooperative, attentive, and can speak on my level. They can be creative in developing solutions to issues whether major or minor.

Cons

With version 6.3, we have recently experienced a limitation with non-taxable pay codes. As our needs have grown over the past several years, OSI has been able to meet those needs each time except for this most recent event.

Charis A.

User Friendly Optimum Payroll

Reviewed on 14/3/2016

Easy to learn and use. Lots of options to choose from for reporting purposes. ACA Reporting feature is top notch.

When entering information into the fields, I would like to see more sticktoitivity. If you place your mouse in a field, click there to enter the information but then move your mouse ever so slightly, you are no longer typing in that particular field. You are typing in la la land. I would like to be able to click in a field and have the cursor stay there unless I tab or click in another field.

Kathy J.

Easy to use software and great customer service

Reviewed on 5/12/2015

I have been using the software for 15 years and find it easy to use and train employees to use. We use the green screen version and we are able to customize it to our needs. Customer service is always quick to respond to help with anything big or small.

We utilize Time and Attendance, Payroll, HR and ESS for our employees. We no longer print check stubs as the system allows for emailing check information and the ESS system allows them to print and view all check stubs and W-2 information.