OnTheClock.com

Cloud-based employee time clock app

4.8/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.8/5

Charla

Great product and great cost

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Ease of use for myself as well as my employees.

Pros

We have a small office with less than 20 employees and it does all that I need it to do as far as tracking the time, the PTO requests, holiday pay etc for my employees.

Cons

Would like easier reporting. It doesn't have the detail that I would like for each week of pay. We pay bi-weekly and I have to put in custom dates to check each week alone.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Charla,

We would be more than happy to explore the possibility of adding additional details for easier reporting. Thank you for your feedback!

-OTC Team

samuel

Total Networx, Inc

Reviewed on 8/4/2021

Very positive. We needed a solution for PTO requests, approval and tracking. Also PTO accruals. This systems works very well for us.

Pros

PTO request and approval process. And PTO tracking.

Cons

Reporting features. Some navigational aspects are a little confusing for employees.

isolved

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

Because it suits our needs. This system allows us to post hours in the future and we could not find another system that will do this.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Samuel,

Thank you for your feedback and kind review. If your employees ever need assistance navigating our time clock system, we will be more than happy to assist them.

• Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete
  • Used for Free Trial

Unprofessional Customer Service to say the very least

Reviewed on 4/6/2020

I believe that the software has great potential, but with mediocre customer support...what do you have?

Pros

Was anxious to try the software and get set up for next payroll
After watching the introduction video, reading the features and customer reviews it seemed to be the right fit for what we were looking for and was hoping for some additional information before signing up, until I made the call and spoke with one of your reps

Cons

I was impressed with the capabilities of what the software could potentially provide for my business. However, the customer service was poor and very unprofessional. The individual who answered seemed put out by the call and was very short in his answers and did not expand on any of their services. He seemed irritated by having to answer any questions. I also heard his dogs barking in the background which interrupted the conversation. I understand that people may still be working at home due to COVID, but I expected professionalism just the same. After hearing the dogs barking I asked if they had a call center and his reply was "this is it, the number you called". Nevertheless, after reading several reviews and the positive comments about their OnThe Clock customer support I was disappointed that my experience had not met my expectations or that of the many reviews.
Their website even invites you to call...(Under the contact tab)
Contact Us
We would love to speak with you about any comments, questions
or concerns. Please do not hesitate to use the contact information below.
Apparently, not the case.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello and we cannot thank you enough for your feedback. Please let us start off by expressing how sorry we are for your bad experience with a customer support rep. We would love to make this up to you and gather additional details so we can prevent this from ever happening again. Please contact us.

Brian
  • Industry: Insurance

Great software...very easy to use

Reviewed on 1/9/2020

Pros

It's very easy to understand and to use. Quick to learn

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about it.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

Price and ease of use and month to month (no contract).
Mario
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Brilliant, easy to use, and fantastic customer support

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

It worked as hoped for right off the bat; and any time I had a question, I received a helpful answer right away.

Pros

Ease of use AND integration with QuickBooks Online

Cons

All features were what I needed; so I don't have any suggestions to offer at this time.

Timesheets.com

Reasons for Switching to OnTheClock.com

Brief descriptions provided by alternatives made their offering(s) look complex.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Mario, we appreciate the generous review about our time tracking software. We are extremely happy to read how simple and easy our system is for you.

-Tim, OnTheClock

Inezian
  • Industry: Law Practice

OnTheClock User

Reviewed on 23/5/2022

Pros

I love the ease of clocking in using my mobile device. As someone who has always had to punch in on a computer, I know first hand that computers sometimes take their time opening and connecting to the internet for you to do anything. That's never fun, especially when you need to clock in. This has been a great product to use instead.

Cons

The notes section in the Time Card Entry doesn't always allow you to enter a note.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi there! Thanks for the awesome feedback! Please contact us if you need assistance with the time card entry notes - we'll love to help!

Pieter
  • Industry: Food Production

Great product

Reviewed on 1/6/2022

Very good system for HR use

Pros

Perfect product to use for employees to log their work times

Cons

nothing,works well

I would say that you can maybe look at price or to help small businesses to get say at least 5 employees on before paying monthly?????

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Pieter, thanks so much for the awesome review about how the system helps your employees log their time. We greatly appreciate your suggestions for small business pricing for 5 or fewer employees. Have a wonderful day!

Tammy
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy Peasy

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

Excellent!

Pros

User friendly, inexpensive, options beyond just time tracking

Cons

So far, I haven’t found anything I don’t like.

Paychex Flex

Price

Response from OnTheClock

Hey Tammy! We appreciate your amazing review and feedback!

David

Functional and affordable

Reviewed on 8/7/2022

Been using since I had only 3 employees-- this product grows easily with business growth.

Pros

Customer service is great. Affordable, easy-to-use option for time tracking

Cons

Certain functions are sometimes not found easily, but customer service is so good this is not a major issue.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi David! Thanks for the great review and for your feedback about the system and our Time Tracking Specialist assistance that has been provided to you. Have an amazing day!

Kim
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Time tracking ease

Reviewed on 31/5/2022

Easier to hold employees accountable for their time.

Pros

Time tracking is so much easier! Staff can clock in and out while traveling.

Cons

Sometimes the GPS tracking does not work. At times it will not require location, even though it is set too.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi there! Thank you so much for the great review about how OnTheClock makes your time-tracking process much easier! Feel free to contact our Time Tracking Support Specialists for more assistance on the GPS tracking feature that we offer. Have a great day!

Mark
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Love this product

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

Easy, professional, intuitive, inexpensive, feature rich, and a set-it and forget-it type of product. We have never had to call for customer service in two years of use.

Pros

It's accurate, easy to use and implement, super reliable, and very cost efficient. Don't let the big payroll services sell you an expensive time clock product that isn't better than OnTheClock.com and that costs 10 times more!

Cons

What I like least about this software is that I didn't know about it years before I implemented it. We were using a paper system for time reporting by employees until we found someone padding their hours. OnThe Clock.com stopped the padding process immediately and paid for itself 10 times over.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Mark,

Wow, wow, wow. This is what we have to say from your awesome review and feedback. It makes OnTheClock very happy to read how we have helped you and your company. Sounds like you had an issue with time theft from an employee, which is a huge situation among millions of companies in the world.

Thanks again,
OTC Team

Jonathan
  • Industry: Legal Services

Ontheclock makes it absurdly easy to track time and punches.

Reviewed on 31/5/2019

Ontheclock allows us to easily track punches across all employees and locations, even remote employees who work from home. It also ensures quick, easy, and accurate punches from employees as they don't have to spend any more than a couple of seconds to punch into the Group Punch site once it's up.

Pros

The incredible amount of flexibility it offers is amazing. You can set or restrict punches from specific devices, regions, IP addresses, and similar on a per-employee basis or account-wide, allowing you to make sure that every employee is punching in when and were it's appropriate to do so. It allows a per-employee automatic accrue system for PTO. Approving PTO requests is a breeze as well.

Cons

In terms of end-user friendliness, it's a bit rough for non-tech-savvy folks to find the specific website they should log into and punch from - just going to ontheclock.com doesn't actually show anywhere you can log in or punch. This leads to needing to explain specific steps and URLs to users, or sending them a link to click, rather than just telling them to go to the site. It's also a bit of a hassle to reach the Group Punch site where employees can simply enter their employee number to punch in or out, and that could easily be resolved by having an application you could download to turn a desktop into a punch station.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Jonathan, thank you for the great review and awesome feedback. We always like to hear how we can improve. Have a great day :)

Jennifer
  • Industry: Medical Practice

We love OnTheClock

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

We've tried other time keeping solutions, but have stayed with OnTheClock now for approximately 7 or so years because it is so easy and versatile. We don't even use half the available functions because our office is small and "easy", but it's nice to know all those other functions are there for more complex businesses. In only word, the reason we have stayed is because it is "SIMPLE" and we just love that this is one thing we can count on that won't be a hassle.

Pros

Prior to switching to OnTheClock we actually had a thumbprint scanner. Half of our employees couldn't get it to scan their thumbs consistently. We have satellite offices that created a lot of manual adjusting because we only had one scanner. OnTheClock is sooooo much easier! Accessible from anywhere you have internet access and if there are manual corrections/adjustments to make they are a snap and biweekly I get OnTheClock to email our accountant timecards with no hassle.

Cons

n/a - can't really even think of any cons.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your kind review! Your feedback on how you use our time clock system for your business is very important to us as well. Have a great day!

Louie
  • Industry: Printing

Absolute Amazing

Reviewed on 28/8/2017

It has allowed me to save so much time each two weeks with figuring out my payroll for my staff. Plus it has cut out the dishonesty of some employees, who would add time to their time cards, previous to this system.

Pros

I love that I was able to get rid of my paper time cards, employees cheating on their times when they would log in and out, and it keep track of the total hours for me, instead of me having to figure everything out every payday, I run one simple report and input that info into my payroll manager.

Cons

The only issues I have, that are the time accumulator that is supposed to help me track sick time, etc is not working correctly, however I have not attempted to contact tech support yet. Also the other thing is, we are in Arizona and we do not change times, but some of my employees show up in the reports and hour off from the other employees and we have been unable to get all of our staff on the same time zones, even though we have configured the settings correctly. Otherwise a great product.

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the review! We will have a representative contact you so we can assist you with tracking your employee's sick time.

-OTC Team

Vivian
  • Industry: Accounting

Reviewed on 3/2/2020

We had an employee who's attendance and time were in question. We decided to switch from our paper system to on online system where clocking in and out were required. This software did exactly what we needed it to.

Pros

The set up and daily use is very easy. We are a small company and didn't need a complicated system at this time. It also looks like it will be a good program as our company grows and hires more employees.

Cons

Sometimes as Administrator I need to over-ride the punches. It takes me a while to get it right. Could be just that I don't remember how to do it since its not an everyday thing.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Vivian!
We value your feedback and appreciate your review. If you ever need assistance with over-riding punches, please do not hesitate to contact us - we will be more than happy to assist you. Have a great day.

Shelly
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Perfect for Keeping Track

Reviewed on 13/5/2019

Pros

I love this software because of it's ease of use. The mobile app is very simple. Our staff have no problems using it. I love the reporting. Very simple, yet has everything I need.

Cons

I would love to be able to manipulate the excel report I create. Right now the report includes all variables, even the ones that we have turned off. We use PTO only for sick, vacation, personal days. I have limited what our staff can choose when entering time to just the PTO, but when you print the excel sheet, all the choices are on the sheet. I can hide or delete the columns I don't use, but there's always a risk of deleting a column with time in it. I'd love for the excel sheet to match the variables I have allowed the staff to see.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Shelly,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and review.

Caroline

Great Product

Reviewed on 1/4/2019

Pros

I have been using ontheclock.com for several years. This software is extremely user friendly for employees as well as bookkeepers. Their customer service through "chat" on their website is wonderful. There is always someone there to answer your questions and they can look at exactly what you are looking at to help answer any questions or solve any problem. It's very easy to add additional hours for employees or to adjust employee time if needed.

Cons

There really is not anything I don't like about the software. It has worked great for me and my employees.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Caroline,

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback! We are extremely happy to hear that our time clock system has benefited your company.

Christina
  • Industry: Human Resources

10 year customer!

Reviewed on 13/6/2019

I would recommend OTC to anyone or business needing to keep track of their employees hours, rather it be a large or small company. OTC is set up in a simple and user friendly way.

Pros

We have been using OTC for 10 years and have never had any problems with them! We have tried other time card services in the past but none have been as easy or as simple and user friendly.

Cons

We have not had any issues with using the software in the past 10 years and when I did have to call in the one time, my question was answered and I got to talk to a person and not an automated voicemail.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Christina,

Thank you very much for reviewing our employee time clock. Also, thank you for being a user of ours for so long - we truly appreciate it! Have an amazing day!

-OTC Team

Jana

OnTheClock keeps everyone on time!

Reviewed on 11/5/2021

This has made my life easier just by not having to play "Big Brother" when checking on my employees' hours as now all of the important info is tracked on OnTheClock and easily accessible!

Pros

The ability to GPS track where employees are punching in.

Cons

The fact that sometimes the GPS signal doesn't give the most exact location if there isn't a WiFi signal nearby.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Jana! Your review and feedback is very appreciated. If your employees are using our mobile app, then please recommend they power off and back on their devices from time-to-time. This will help the device to update their GPS location and improve accuracy. If you need assistance then please contact us at 888-753-5999. We will be more than happy to assist.

Have a wonderful day,
OTC Team

Kristopher

OnTheClock has been the most straight forward and cost-efficient time clock system we've...

Reviewed on 21/8/2017

Pros

Mobile access with GPS tracking, regular updates, easy-to-use interface, web-based access, and competitive pricing structure are all items that are worth of highlighting with the software. Customer Service's response to questions has usually been within just a few minutes to an hour, which is leaps ahead of any other software we've worked with.

Cons

Archiving of time cards and custom date sorts on the time card tab can be display wonky and difficult to navigate. Lack of user roles also limit the functionality from an administrator perspective. We'd love a role that allows for approving of time cards without creation of users, an ability to sort by needing approval. The PTO aspect is a nice touch, but with some more functionality in regards to exporting or preventing requesting PTO beyond max use, it would merit even more priase.

Response from OnTheClock

Thanks for the review :)

Chelsea
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Dependable Company Product

Reviewed on 15/3/2019

Overall experience is great! I would definitely recommend to other businesses to use for their employees.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. It is super user friendly for any and all employees to clock in and out. The time cards are also very easy to read when processing for payroll.

Cons

What I like least is the fact of going through steps just to get to the employee clock in/out. I feel there should be a direct site to the punch in/out page.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Chelsea,

Thank you for the tremendous review and feedback!
The link provide below is the direct link to our employee punch site - we hope this helps :)

Brittany

On The Clock

Reviewed on 13/5/2020

It's a great system. I have not had any issues and have no plans on switching.

Pros

It's just a basic clock in, clock out system. Easy to view your hours and what time you clocked in and out on any given day. Easy to fix an employees mistake if you're an admin. Some things you want extra bells and whistles, clocking in and out isn't one of them. Very functional, have never had any issues.

Cons

I didn't find anything that was not to like. There is an app for a phone or web use. Employees have found it very easy.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Brittany,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are pleased to read how our time clock is helping your company.

Have a wonderful day!

OnTheClock

Reviewed on 30/7/2020

An overall simplistic, easy to use time clock for your employees. Accessing your time card to view hours is simple. Submitting PTO time to be approved can be done in less than five steps. And the ease of clocking in and out makes using ontheclock worth it.

Pros

My company has been using ontheclock for a little under a year now. The desktop version is extremely easy to use and learn how to use. Clocking in and out is simple. A perk (for me) is seeing how many seconds you have until the time will change. Submitting PTO is simple and easy to use as well. You can easily access your time sheet and what PTO has been approved and what has been denied or even ones that are still in pending.

Cons

I have yet to find a negative thing about ontheclock. It can be slow at times but I do believe that is because of my internet connection and not because of ontheclock.

Response from OnTheClock

Wow, thanks for the great review! We are very happy to read how our time clock is helping your business.

Have a wonderful day!

Alice

Solves your timecard issues

Reviewed on 13/5/2019

I have been with ontheclock for 10 years. It is easy for employee and employer alike.

Pros

Easy to use and set up employees. Keeps records of everything including punch in and out outside of company computers (mobily).

Cons

When you delete an employee it deletes all of the information and documentation (it doesn't save).

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Alice,

Thank you for the review. When you first delete an employee from your list they are automatically archived where you can have access to their information, including previous time cards. Then you have the option to permanently delete them from the archived folder. We hope this info helps. If you have any questions please contact us.

Suzanne

We needed a simple time keeping and scheduling software for a small store of 10-12 staff.

Reviewed on 6/3/2018

Pros

We are a small business and need to keep costs down. The price is consistent with the features. We don't need more features, and we don't want to pay for features we don't use.

Cons

Don't like that I can't use the same email for two different accounts. I have two stores, so I have 2 accounts, but have to use different emails for them. Also, as the Administrator who has to be on the schedule, I have to have different email addresses as the "employee".

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Suzanne,

Thank you for the review. The reason why the same email cannot be used for two separate accounts is so that accounts do not get confused and mixed up. We are happy to have you as a customer :)