Syxsense

Threat prevention & endpoint detection and response software

4.7 /5 (60 reviews) Write a Review!

Jason B.

Syxsense Review

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

The main reason for jumping to Syxsense over a internal Wsus server was the fact that everything is cloud based and we didn't have to rebuild a Wsus server every year.. also to view a visual overview of the health of our environment without running huge Enterprise software's like SCCM etc.

Pros

Some of the key features we love about Syxsense would be the Built in Remote tool, the Site health overview, and the easy to read dashboards.

Cons

Interface has its slow days still, the one thing that annoys me the most is the Search field (i get it had to query information but some days it gets to the point where you type 1 letter, wait 10 seconds then type the next letter..)

Kim H.
  • Industry: Utilities

The way of the future

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

We have been able to bring in all of our member offices and view their device health through the same console that we use to manage our corporate devices. The ability to setup patch scans and patch deploys based on different offices and different operating systems has helped relieve a lot of stress and worrying for us.

Pros

We were starting to see issues keeping our devices up to date prior to Covid but when Covid hit and we were no longer seeing devices in the office Syxsense was a life saver! It has allowed us to keep eyes on our devices and ensure that they are fully patched against vulnerabilities. The remote control feature has allowed us to get to devices that we can't access via VPN.

Cons

The interface can be a little slow and quirky occasionally and we do run across strange issues with devices from time to time but I have to say the support team has been very helpful in following up quickly to our tickets and working with us to understand and resolve the issues.

Jim K.
  • Industry: Insurance

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

cuts down on the time it takes to resolve problems

Pros

The support you get from Syxsense is unmatched.

Cons

due to it being in the cloud, it tends to sometimes be a bit slow going from task to task and updating properly on screen.

Wajji R.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Best and Easy to Manage

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Pros

Syxsense is a lot easy to use and has all the features that I was looking for for a while. I have been using it for more than a year now and it has been the best product I have ever used when it comes to manage organization devices.

Cons

I never disliked anything about this software. Whenever I had questions, I would open up a case with their technical support team and they would reach out right away to help me out with anything.

Nick H.

WSUS to cross platform and third party app patch management

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Pros

Cross platform (Windows, Mac, Linux server and client) patch management. Third party application patch management with ability to extend. Managed service and agent doesn’t require corporate network.

Cons

Tutorials default to patch entire estate which could be dangerous. Interface could be more intuitive.

Thiago F.

Best Patching Solution I've ever used

Reviewed on 1/3/2017

CMS is the easiest and most efficient solution I've ever used. It is very intuitive and allows us to patch pretty much everything from all vendors.

It also tell us in a simple and user-friendly way which patchs are critical and should be taken care of first.

Pros

User-friendly
intuitive
efficient
saves my time

Cons

nothing so far.

John B.

one company who gets their clients and adopt a can adjust thinking

Reviewed on 31/3/2016

We proved cyber security solutions for the investment community. One key point in security is maintaining updates and reporting the changes. We have found a good partner with Cloud Management Suite. Having the ability to have reports monthly on all our client's machines has given us and our clients the compliance we need.

At first, some of these special reports were not available in their offering. After speaking to the company and exampling how documenting what was done is key for compliance. The company created our reports within the same week we spoke.

It is a pleasure to work with a company who listens and then act on the items.

William F.

Great for the small shop IT department

Reviewed on 2/5/2016

Maintaining all systems and infrastructure can be a challenge for any IT department. Leaving everything to one person, that becomes almost impossible. With sales agents on the road more than in the office we needed a product that would allow use to update, as well as manage software from a distance. Cloud Management Suite has brought all this together for us, at a fraction of the cost a managed service provider would charge. For those IT professionals who want to take the headache out of patch and software management, so that you can focus on what really matters than this is the software for you!

Bertie P.

Could never get things right

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

When it worked properly, it was amazing. The UI made it very easy to deploy patching campaigns and I loved the dashboards showing patch compliance.

Cons

Scheduled tasks failed often. Tried a combination of using the vRep and going agentless. Long story short, could only ever complete about 10% of all patch jobs. The site was always unbearably slow as well. We're based in Alaska so perhaps the sluggish site was just our connection back to the Verismic servers.

Samuel R.

Excellent product, makes OS and Application patching as easy as it gets

Reviewed on 11/4/2016

I have a background with SCCM 2012, Seccunia, Desktop Central, and a few other endpoint management systems... and I will hand it to these guys at CMS... they have made a product that is very intuitive and very easy to get up and running.
Their customer service was also excellent. They were very quick to respond, always available to help, and good people all around. I would recommend them to any small business with limited IT resources who want a simple platform to get up and running quick with no on-prem server to maintain and no week long training classes required to administer.

Jeremy T.

Great software

Reviewed on 21/4/2016

We chose Patch Manager because it was a cloud based system and we have many users who travel. We can verify all patches have run without the user ever having to login with VPN. Great software. The support have been perfect, they have helped us with any issues (mainly on our side) that have come up.

Bertie P.

Super slick patch management product

Reviewed on 5/5/2016

So far my experience with the Cloud Management Suite's Patch Manager tool has been awesome. The controls are very intuitive which makes the patching process extremely simple from start to finish.

Paul B.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Additional features and reduced costs.

Reviewed on 8/10/2020

My over experience with Syxsense Manage has been excellent. When I came into this role there had been a lack of follow up from my MSP on why patches where failing and as a result the estate wasn't patched to a level I was happy with. It only took 3 months with Sxysense Manage to get every machines completely 100% patched, including some key 3rd party applications not just Microsoft and Apple Mac OS patches.

Pros

It has allowed me to have a granularity over my estate patching that I never had when I had a Managed Service Provider patching my estate for me.

The remote control function is good in that all a device needs is to have an internet connection for us to be able to fix issues. This has helped us fix VPN issues, remotely.

Reporting, the detailed reporting is invaluable to prove the system is doing what I expect and when.

Cons

Remote control tools is a little "flakely" over lower bandwidth connections.

Won P.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Syxsense makes sense if you are a small company who needs almost one stop management

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Pros

The ability to do almost everything one would need in IT administration.

Cons

Bugs with remote connectivity and control, website issues with site rendering. Lack of ability to transfer more than one file at a time from a target system

Richard B.
  • Industry: Banking

Syxsense, Best tools for application and patch management

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Exceptional product. Industry leader!

Pros

We evaluated several products. Syxsense surpassed their competitors on all features. It's easy to understand and the application functionality is very intuitive. Deployment was completed quickly through login script and the application become functional within a matter of a couple days. The Syxsense team was knowledgeable and quick to respond to any questions or configuration concerns. This product surpassed our objectives which rarely happens.

Cons

Improvements could be made in executive reporting capabilities.

Derek E.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

My review on SyxSense

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

My overall experience is great. This has become my go to application and is used daily for me. I enjoy the ability to connect to a users machine without approving the connection. This is very handy when troubleshooting with non technical people. Last, I also enjoy that the connection last even when the computer is not signed in. This has been very handy as I can restart a machine, connect to it, and log back in to complete the troubleshooting steps I am doing.

Pros

I love the software overall. There are a few things in particular I use the software for: Remote access, Viewing a computer's inventory (Installed applications, computer information, logged in user, disk space, and patches). I love the ease of connecting to a users machine. I love the ease in packaging the software.

Cons

There are a few glitches that need improving with the software. First, the remote access option works well. But, switching between the monitors is not so great. I have found that our users working on a wifi connection do not allow us to swap between monitors. If the user is on a wired connection, it appears to work fine. When we first began using the software, swapping worked great. Then, after the last update, it stopped. Also, I noticed that there was a box added to the recipents computer that shows when we connect and offers a disconnect option in the center of the screen. Users have been disconnecting the session as that was the first time they saw that box and they panicked. I am not sure if this should be removed, but relocating it when the connection is established would be great. It should not pop up in the center of the screen and disturb their work. I liked the version before that came in the taskbar and had to be clicked to open the disconnection box. Also, it did not pop up in the middle of the screen in interrupt their work. If this could be moved, it would be great.

Shannon R.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Pleasure to deal with

Reviewed on 19/5/2017

Its a great tool that I use daily and wouldnt be able to do my job without it!

Pros

I LOVE this software. In our organisation it is used as an assets DB, Remote control tool and its our patching tool too. As we have offices all over the country its not convenient to go down to the offices every times there is an issue nor is it cost effective for the business, so using CMS is great as we can connect the PCs/ Laptops in seconds to resolve issues and manage machines. The support staff are excellent at resolving any problems quickly and do a thorough job to make sure everything is resolved before closing down the ticket. The training staff are great too! No question is too silly and they are always happy to help with what ever issues / queries we had - IE setting up software deployments and using patch manager.
I would highly recommend CMS for small and large business. Other Verismic products are just as high quality as this one.

Nichollas A.

Syxsense helped me learn

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Being a young professional, I learned with Syxsense how much important a patch update is and how they affect the workstations, most of time helping dealing with issues with previous patches. Moreover, it makes the environment much easier to take care of having so many useful functionalities that help us in a Daily basis.

Pros

The software have a broad range of functionalities that help an IT environment that goes from letting you check a PC information through inventory to updating patches, creating specific tasks like installing a software and having security options to help maintain your environment as safe as possible.

Cons

The pop up window whenever I am creating a task looks weird for having to side scroll to view some information.

Liam R.

Patch Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Overall, the product is helping us save time, and be more efficient when it comes to patch management. It also makes sure that our devices are up-to-date and secure against the many new threats that come about.

Pros

One of the main pros of this software is the ability to easily see the status of your devices in one place, to easily pick out devices that need updating. Being able to click on the device and view a fully detailed view of the device and the patches available for it saves so much time for us as in IT department. Another pro is the ability to schedule patch installations to avoid downtime during the day. The report feature is also very useful for auditing and tracing purposes.

Cons

I am happy with the product and can't think of an improvement at this time.

Chris K.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Way better Patching compared to VNC

Reviewed on 14/2/2017

Our company has over 300 computers and we were managing them one by one with VNC. We had no way to automatically deploy patches, software, anything. It was getting more difficult to keep every comp up to date as the company was getting bigger. We were looking for a program that we can push update software to all of our devices at once instead of installing it one device at a time.
Customer service has been amazing and we've saved so much time. I've already referred Cloud Management Suite to several other companies.

Pros

Automatic patch deployment, easy to use, really good customer service. Saves us a lot of time.

Jameson O.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Syxsense Cloud-Based Endpoint System

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

The customer support has been great and so has the training.

Pros

The automated tasks you can create for scanning, patching and deploying is amazing.

Cons

The only thing I'd love in an update would be the ability to remotely deploy multiple software's to one or many computers.

Narasimha B.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Syxsense Feedback

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

I dont have to worry if my systems are patched because I can run them on a schedule with Syxsense

Pros

The ease of running patches, pushing software to remote computers and the remote feature in Syxsense are the key factors that I liked about the product

Cons

The UI was really bad couple years ago when we got the software but it has developed a lot over the time.

Arnold G.
  • Industry: Insurance

The only way to manage enterprise workstations

Reviewed on 15/3/2017

We have used several methods for managing our workstation PC's. We used automatic updates, WSUS, a few shareware programs and all of them were very time consuming and marginally effective at best. We have 70 employees, each with at least two devices and an IT department consisting of 1. We starting using Patch Manager a little over a year ago and never looked back. Their support team helped me configure everything to get us up and running. A few months later they called to make sure everything was OK. I had a few questions they answered quickly. I have been very pleased with Patch Manager as it has freed my time for other issues.

Pros

Easy to use, priced right, great support

William F.

Great for the small shop IT department

Reviewed on 2/5/2016

Paul R.

An essential tool for any IT Department

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

Overall I would recommend this for anyone trying to stay on top of the security element of their network. Its is an essential tool for any IT Department.

Pros

This software allows you, at a glance to see exactly where you are with your patching on each device.

Cons

Sometimes and rarely you may get sync issues but support have always been on hand to resolve the issue and quickly.