Duo Security

User identity verification & device vulnerability discovery

4.6/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.4/5

James
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

An Extra Layer of Security

Reviewed on 25/4/2021

Overall, it's been a great experience. We implemented it so that we could have unified MFA over multiple platforms--VMware and M365, for example. It also gives users who don't want to use an app on their phone the option of using a hardware key. Setup and integration isn't too rough and the support is excellent.

Pros

Being able to manage multi-factor authentication from a single point is the biggest benefit to this software. When you have disparate systems, all offering their own implementation of MFA, management becomes an issue. Duo solves that issue.

Cons

The administration interface takes a while to get used to. If you stay away from it for a while (when no one has any issues with it) it takes a bit to re-orient yourself.

Xavier
  • Industry: Music

The way to go for your login security purpose

Reviewed on 1/11/2022

I am satisfied with this software because it does what it says it will do. Provide that extra security to your login.

Pros

That it helped keep my login secure, it is no longer just a password that is needed but you also need to be able to authenticate who is trying to login to your account and I think this software is the way to go.

Cons

That it is a little annoying to setup in the beginning but after that it is easy.

Duo Mobile

Reviewed on 29/7/2022

Overall, because of these two experiences. I am genuinely going to look into an alternative option and preferably leave Duo as a personal preference. I love how secure it is but it's not okay to have a safety exit that doesn't work - like come on?

Pros

No one will ever get in to your apps or info

Cons

If you need to get in, you won't be able to. I had a phone stolen, and then unfortunately lost not long after I got a new phone. I had my back up codes saved when when the first one was stolen - did not let me into any of my apps and the worst part is - they give you 8-10 codes to use for a 'back up'. When the first one was stolen, I was extra safe and careful and then I sadly lost that one and I could, once again, not get into a single app using my back up codes.

Taja
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Duo is great for PCI compliant companies

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Pros

Duo is great for PCI compliant companies wanting to have their employees working from home

Cons

Sometimes you will have to go back on and re-authenticate, which may also be considered a plus for extra security.

Melissa

Duo for Authentication

Reviewed on 1/12/2022

I use this app, at my work, whenever I need to log into the company's VPN. It works quickly & efficiently. A great app.

Pros

Duo is fantastic for quickly authenticating the user.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons for using this app. It's great.

Hailey

Usually easy to use

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

Pros

You usually don't have to think about Duo Security much at all; it only takes about two seconds every now and then to get into your account. It's pretty easy to use and once it's set up, it's set up.

Cons

If you don't have access to your phone number anymore for some reason, it's extremely difficult to get back into Duo and change things.

Bradley

Duo Security

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

we are securing RDP access to all our servers with DUO to add another layer of security internally

Pros

Duo is an extremally easy MFA set and the app and apple watch app make it simple to 2fa into devices

Cons

setting up offline access to each device is a time consuming

• Industry: Hospitality

Annoying but useful

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Pros

Helps maintain cyber security and keeps everyone honest

Cons

It's a major inconvenience especially if I am running late

Bence
  • Industry: Online Media

Better than other auth software

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Pros

Many integrations, secured database, downloadable priviliges.

Cons

Not have Windows code manager like Authy.

Sam

Good Tool For Security

Reviewed on 15/1/2023

Pros

Duo Security is easy to deploy for users and it give a good sense of security.

Cons

Not easy to purchase licenses and assigning. Takes awhile to get used to managing Duo Security on the admin side.

Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Duo Security is great at multi-factor authentication

Reviewed on 31/8/2022

Pros

I liked that it connected to my phone and it was easy to get the passwords and respond to the notification to sign in. I liked that my organization valued my security and was investing in products to keep me and my data safe

Cons

It took some time to adjust to this software but that was because it was the first multi-factor authentication that I used. Now that it has been a few years, I am fully on board and don't find it inconvenient anymore

John
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Two-factor authentication that just works!

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Our organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.

Pros

- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management
- New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code
- Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch)
- Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen
- Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices
- One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access
- Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens
- Great online support and documentation library
- Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing

Cons

When using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification

Wendy

A must have for security and log in authentication

Reviewed on 15/2/2022

Definitely very satisfied with it. It is a very universal and must needed tool for companies to use at work to ensure their log ins do not get hacked by other people as the notification is sent directly to you and no one else. It is very user friendly and very straight forward. A must download!

Pros

I use this daily at work when I log into my work email and work related websites. It is a very handy program (I download the app onto my phone) and whenever I log in, it would send a ping to my app on my phone which I then use to approve the log in, and then it allows me to log in. This is a sure way to prevent others from hacking into your log and ensures the highest level of security. All the employees at my company/hospital use it and we all highly recommend it! It is very straightforward and very easy to use!

Cons

None whatsoever, the program is so user friendly and very straightforward. Definitely a must have for security use for logging in at work or public computers.

Anindita
  • Industry: Research

Duo Security: Secure yes but keep phone close

Reviewed on 16/4/2022

Maybe Duo should incorporate other ways to allow access alongside mobile devices. The reason being many a time mobile phones are not connected to the internet or not in the vicinity.

Pros

Our university switched to Duo securities some time back for authentication purposes. Security, of course, increased several folds. Also, Duo allowed multiple login/authentication. The enhanced security becomes very prudent when dealing with sensitive data.

Cons

Be ready to keep your mobile phone close to you when you want to access the accounts that need authentication via duo. My biggest issue is the extreme dependence on mobile phones. If the phone is lost or not in your vicinity, it becomes cumbersome to log in. Also, once you login the software sends a push notification to your mobile. The duration that push notification remains active is significantly less. There have been many instances when a notification was pushed to my mobile device, and my device was not within my reach. By the time I retrieve my device, the push notification expired.

Cory
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to Use and Effective

Reviewed on 22/9/2020

I am able to log in remotely and do my work from home, which has been very important with the pandemic.

Pros

It is very easy to go to the app and generate a code on my device that I can then type into my login screen for my work laptop. Within seconds, I'm able to securely log into my system and be connected remotely. It is much more user-friendly and hassle-free than the last software we used for it.

Cons

I don't have anything specifically bad to say about this software . It does what I need it to do and it hasn't caused any issues.

Cleydson
  • Industry: Higher Education

Works well the best I've ever downloaded

Reviewed on 19/3/2021

Duo is a product that gives me peace of mind, I am sure because I know that I am the only one who can access my personal data through login or websites.

Pros

In fact, Duo Security, give me a lot of security to work the only one who can access my base without restrictions and without any kind of problems, and a wonderful product, I like using it more, very good to know that I can count on you this software for any type of safe and effective work.

Cons

It could be more practical, I didn't need to confirm every time you enter a Sait, so it gets a little tiring and a little difficult for those who are beginners. The Duo could improve in the following way, not asking for a reminder every time you log in to your device. "Remember" a device, so that personal work is not so exhausting

Scott
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

An added layer of security when working remotely

Reviewed on 5/5/2020

Duo Security offers us the ability to work away from the office with minimal fear of having sensitive material exposed to unauthorized users. Working from home is often essential, so I'm glad we have Duo Security to help make it possible.

Pros

Duo Security effectively enables users to securely access their organization's network. Once you've signed in on your computer, a push notification is sent to your smartphone. Just click to approve it, and you are securely connected to the network. An unauthorized user would be unable to gain access without having possession of your phone. I appreciate that it's generally a quick, no-hassle process; signing in takes only a few seconds.

Cons

Occasionally it takes a couple of attempts to sign in to the network. Additionally, it can be inconvenient to need to have your phone handy whenever you sign in. I've had my phone charging in another room when I realize I have to go get it in order to sign in.

• Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Duo Security will make your account secure

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

I started using Duo Security since 2017 when I started working as graduate assistant. The app had allowed me to make sure that my account at my job is secure and no one can easily access to my account without an approval on my phone. If you are using this app, you don't have to call or text your number to access to your account. You just press the push button and approve it from your phone and access to your account.

Pros

The app is very functional and easy to use. It makes the users to secure their accounts and make sure that no one can easily login to their account.

Cons

You should make sure that your phone has sufficient battery. If your phone battery dies, you might not be able to access your account on your computer. The slight side effect of using this app is that you just have to have an open phone.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

2FA For the Enterprise

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

We wanted a 2FA solution for our VPN and password management solutions. Duo integrates with both. We also needed a 2FA solution that can be used by a wide variety of users. We have many remote users so being able to authenticate via app, text, or phone call makes it easy for all of our users to gain access in a way that is secure and available to them.

Pros

Duo has made it easy for our company to use 2FA across several of our services. It's easy to implement and easy to manage. Duo integrates easily with 3rd party applications and services. Users can use multiple ways to authenticate to Duo.

Cons

Push notifications to Cellphones can be spotty if a user has poor cell reception. Not necessarily a failure on Duo's part but it should be considered if you are going to use the App Push for authentication.

Jane

Best thing I ever did for securing my website

Reviewed on 14/10/2016

Ever since I've started using DuoSecurity to access my website admin interface, I haven't had any breaches in security and I feel safer knowing that hackers can't access my website easily.

I've been using DuoSecurity for several years now and offer it as part of my Security Packages when I launch a client's website, because it's a quick setup and for ease of mind.

I use an app on my iPhone that sends me a notification when I go to log in to my site, allowing me to "Approve" or "Disapprove" access to the site's admin interface easily. I also use it to access other accounts online that allow for a Code to be entered, giving me that piece of mind that my personal information is secure.

Highly recommended!

Pros

Security Features, Ease of Use, Apps

Cons

Their website is not easy to use because there are so many features available, which might be overwhelming to someone not familiar with it

Tara

Duo Security is secure and reliable.

Reviewed on 15/2/2022

The overall experience with Duo Security has been positive and has given us the ability to trust that our data and computers are protected at all times.

Pros

Working within a university with highly sensitive data, it is very important that all of our documents and software is protected from outside entities. Duo Security allows for a 2-factor sign-in that protects your personal computer and access to software platforms. With 2 methods of confirming identity, it helps to filter out most fraud attempts and allows us to feel secure with the sensitive data that we manage daily.

Cons

I have not experienced any negative features with this software.

Jared

Duo Security User Review

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

Duo security helps me keep my information secure and safe by creating a simple and user-friendly two device authentication process for accessing information.

Pros

My favorite part about the software is its ability to connect with my apple watch so that I can quickly approve login requests and access confidential personal information. The two-factor authentication process keeps me at ease about this information remaining secure.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Duo is that sometimes there is a delay on the push notification being sent to my phone. I occasionally experience some lag time and wish I could authorize my account faster.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Simple dual-factor authentication for university

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Overall, the benefits of Duo Security outweigh the inconveniences, which are small. I use it as a graduate student to protect my employment information.

Pros

Duo Security is generally very simple to use with a smartphone. When WiFi is available, it's as simple as pulling out my phone and accepting a push notification. It gives me peace of mind that my account is more secure.

Cons

When your phone isn't getting good WiFi, Duo gets a little tedious. I don't store the app on my main screen, so I have to go into a back folder and find a code to enter in. I also would prefer to have permanent access if I okay it, rather than having to update access every 30 days.

Delaney
  • Industry: Legal Services

Good Protection, Occasionally Frustrating

Reviewed on 6/10/2021

Duo makes your information safer, and it does help make you feel more comfortable with the information you have online, but it does have flaws and takes time to fully complete the authentication process that is not there otherwise.

Pros

Duo security is an app on your phone and a computer program, so it is versatile and helpful in protecting your passwords and various accounts. In school, it is a great way to protect tuition information, grades, and various other lovely stuff we do not want people to know.

Cons

The app can sometimes lose connection with the cloud, so an authentication won't go through, or there can be issues where the app does not receive a push or a request. This can be difficult as there is no direct way to troubleshoot, you just have to restart the process.

Sadie

Duo Security Review

Reviewed on 7/1/2020

I have used Duo Security since the university I work at implemented it a few years ago for our duo login. It has been easy to use and I have enjoyed it since they implemented it. I have used the app for the quick login and it has been great!

Pros

This software is easy to use. Once my work shifted to this, I was able to easily understand and pick it up. Having the app on my phone also makes the duo authentication very quick or sometimes I will also have the system call me! Either way, it is great.

Cons

There are no cons about the software. I think it is a really great option for a duo authentication and I have nothing negative to say about it.