Visme

The all-in-one online presentation, infographic tool

4.5 /5 (588 reviews) Write a Review!

Isabela D.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Other for Free Trial

My experience on Visme

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

I'm working on an slide presentation for a specific foundation where I am currently doing my student internship, and thanks to its tutorials I can make my slide presentation to be interactive by having pop ups or by skipping to different slides (with a click or by hover). It also gives you the possibility to add media (videos) on it.

Besides of that, even if I can't use the premium templates, by looking at them, it can give me some ideas on how to decorate every slide.

Pros

Definitely I really enjoy the diversity that Visme gives you when it comes to present your project, whether is a slide presentation, timeline, brochure, or any other form, you'll find tons of different ideas along with templates to experiment. They even give you themes such as: Nature, Birthday, Business, and much more. Not only you'll find nice template designs whatever your need is, but also you'll find many types tutorials to make your experience easier. If you have any type of doubt, you can contact the Visme Support Team and they'll email you in a short amount of time. So far, I'm overall happy with the experience.

Cons

Okay, here may sound a bit contradictory to what I wrote above, but yes, one of the advantages of Visme is the diversity you'll find on the platform BUT is also one of the problems. Here my out: As a member of Visme, you'll some cool design templates with different themes (whether is a slide, brochure, infography, timeline etc), however, the majority of the coolest design templates are only for Premium members, in which obviously you'll have to pay. In my case, since I'm still a student, I can't afford the Premium advantages. That's the only disadvantage I could think of. It would be a nice touch to give more template designs for the non-premium users.

Also, it's a shame the platform doesn't let me upload a video directly from the computer, because it takes time to create an Youtube or Video account and then uploading videos on it.

Kerrie N.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

First time with Visme

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

We have really been able to update our marketing materials from what he had previously. I love the choices of different choices and ideas for materials that Visme has created. I would love to see more options added and when new options are added, that users get notifications either within the software and/or by email notification. I would love to see the option for more graphics that maybe are not so juvenile in nature so they have a more professional feel to them.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the software and all of the options that Visme already has in place to give me ideas of what I can do with the software. I like that using the software is not overly complicated and allows me the flexibility to make my projects my own.

Cons

I don't like that when you try and put projects in folders, they still show in the main dashboard. I wish we had the option to place in a folder and also keep it in the dashboard or remove it. I wish that we would have the ability to download/upload in more formatting options than what is available currently. Sometimes I do need to reduce the picture size prior to uploading in the software which is kind of a time waster, but not a big deal.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Create your Presentation with a modern touch with Visme

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

My overall experience with Visme was great. I was fascinated by how good the presentation templates look and how well presentations can be designed with the use of this tool. However, as I used the free version I was not able to get my presentations as .ppt files which was slightly inconvenient to me.

Pros

Visme is a web-based Presentation and Infographic tool. What I liked the most is that Visme has some great looking, modern templates that can be used to create amazing presentations. This vast template library makes the process of making a slideshow very interesting rather than making one with a conventional tool like Google Slides or Microsoft PowerPoint. The modern look on these templates is fascinating. Moreover, there are a lot of icons, shapes and logos to be chosen to include in your presentation. Furthermore, smooth and modern animations can also be included in the presentation.

Cons

There are few cons in this tool as well. The free version gives only a small amount of icons, shapes and templates to be used in your presentations. Also, the free version doesn't allow the user to download a presentation in PDF format or .ppt format. Free version only allows the users to download the presentation as a bunch of JPEG files which is a huge drawback (not applicable for Premium/paid version). So in free version, if you want all the fancy animations and effects to be on your presentation you should connect to the internet and present the slideshow via the website.

Thomas M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Overall, very satisfied!

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Overall, I'm very glad I found this site! It's been a huge help in making an impression!
I'm also glad I was convinced to take the demo with my visme agent. However, I will say: She was very nice and all, but I don't like being followed up with that much. I think she must have messaged me (unprovoked) 8-10 times over like 3 weeks to encourage upgrades, etc. (2 for the demo, and one follow up is plenty). Believe me, visme is great enough to help me consider and requiring her to do these numerous pushy emails is totally unnecessary and hurts the cause more than helps.

Also, you all should have a suggestions box because I have a suggestion/request that has nothing to do with satisfaction.

Have you all at visme considered doing an email marketing service? We are currently using something called Icontact (heavily), and tried mailchimp and hated it, and I feel like with visme's interface, email marketing would be amazing! You guys are practically halfway there with your marketing tools and data analytics! Just a thought.

Pros

I love that I can easily use visme to make marketing materials of all sorts that look very professional and visually stunning. I like being about to customize everything down to the shapes/colors of icons. I also Like that you can implement data with awesome info graphics! I could go on and on.

Cons

To be honest, the interface can be a little difficult sometimes. Visme has the BEST version of this, no doubt, but it's not perfect. I feel like there are small things that could use work. For example, the size scaling of things tends to be pretty inconsistent. For some images you and make it whatever size or wxh dimensions, and some you cannot.(sometimes the things I want to stay the same dimensions, like icons or tiny circles, get skewed easily). For the data implementation I feel like the input is weird sometimes. I'm used to working with word, and visme switched column and row displays. That's all I can think of for now.

Mohamed K.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

My experience with Visme

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

I was trying to represent my fieldwork questionnaire data analysis using something more creative than excel. I also wanted to easily add small icons and play around with the overall structure in a way similar to PowerPoint but not for the sake of a slide. If you are going to use Visme for more than 2/3 days and need decent graphs out of it, I highly recommend you buy the monthly subscription which you can cancel after as the perks were really good !

Pros

The ease of creating multivariate data representations and being able to make boring data look appealing

Cons

I didn’t face any major issues with the software. The only thing I have to say is that Visme still has a lot of potential

Christa S.
  • Industry: Investment Management

Changed how we conduct presentations

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Pros

Visme is incredibly easy to use! It has changed the way we conduct presentations, in a more efficient, more professional and more visually interesting way to our clients. No longer are clients leaving with boring printed presentations, instead they are interactive, and can be emailed to the client after for their keep sake

Cons

at first, because there are soo many incredible features I was a touch overwhelmed with what the program can do. But once you go through your first presentation you realize how straightforward and "drag and drop it is". We love that it has the ability to be 100 % customized to each client

Stephanie B.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

love, Love, LOVE me some Visme!

Reviewed on 28/6/2018

Pros

The ease of creating great looking interactive infographics just blew me away. I was always intimidated by creating infographics, but was able to whip up an html5 version lickety split, first try.

Their library is expansive. A vast amount of great templates which they seem to update pretty frequently. When you create a new project you can choose between:
Presentations - Choose between Classic (400 + slide templates) or Modern (400+ slide templates)
Infographics - Where you can search hundreds of templates by keywords to find the perfect, completely customizable template
Reports & Ebooks - Includes Surveys and Charts subcategories
Printables - Choose Posters, Flyers (8.5"x11" and 5"x7"), Menus, Invitations, Postcards, Business Cards
Web Graphics - Sizes range from standard, wide, tall, medium rectangles, leaderboards, and email headers
Social Graphics - For all the main social media platforms organized by headers, posts, regular graphics, channel art, and covers
Custom Size - Where you create your own graphic based on width and height of your choice

Cons

I don't think they have a version available for tablets and smartphones yet. I would LOVE to be able to use this on my tablet to create graphics on the fly!

Sometimes the template choices can be overwhelming. But, I can safely say that I'd rather have too many choices than not enough!

Paul S.
  • Industry: Program Development
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A Perfect Solution

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

Our organization needed a way to improve upon the existing presentation format, as well as be able to share the presentation quickly and easily. Other presentation options had become stale, with templates and unique designs becoming more and more limited with each use. Visme allows me to create beautiful content and share it easily. It helped us quickly and easily tell our story and share our message with our audience.

Pros

Easy to use with minimal training needed, cost-effective, and Visme has a "wow" factor to it. I always receive compliments on the quality of the presentations.

Cons

The only problem is that I use Visme so often that I'm running out of templates. The templates are wonderful and easy to use but I like to change designs frequently, which additional templates help accomplish.

Natalia R.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

I love Visme

Reviewed on 25/6/2019

Pros

I use Visme from the beginning. I have seen how the tool has grown. Currently it is the best tool to make presentations. It is easy to use, has many templates and allows you to export the content in many formats.

Cons

Maybe you need a few days to learn where the buttons are and that to have all the functionality you need to have a paid version (which is worth it).

Janae G.

This is a Game Changer

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

As a full-service marketing soloist with my company, I was using word or powerpoint for most of our design needs. This was tedious at best and poor-quality at its worst. Visme has totally changed the way we manage our doc design and it's been great!

Pros

I love that I can get high quality output with minimal effort. It's very nice to just be able to jump into a template and adapt it for my company's needs. It's taken most of the effort out of document design.

Cons

It can be a little bit glitchy. Copy and paste doesn't always work. I also wish that I could pull a copy of one project into another existing one.

Paul D.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

Overall, I've been very happy. Support has been promptly and helpful, and the Visme community is a growing and excellent source for help and advice as well. Whenever I need to create a graphic for anything, my go-to resource is Visme.

Pros

With Visme, it's so easy for me to create professional-looking graphics. I am a Teacher and have used Visme to create flyers for professional development within my school district as well as have created social media flyers for a non-profit education organization I am associated with. Visme brings in the best of multiple worlds: still graphics, animation, drag-n-drop, slide presentations, and a gallery of templates.

Cons

The only "con" I have experienced is that, unless another user has purchased a premium plan of the software, they cannot edit your slides or graphics - but that's expected.

Gets the Graphics Job Done

Reviewed on 28/6/2018

Graphics with different resolution for different application. Ability to integrate my own photos and images into pre designed templates that look professional. Love doing infographics.

Pros

Quick and straightforward graphic design tools. I especially like the social media templates and like that the size and design is already presented to you.

Cons

Just want to make an 8 x 10 sheet without having to adjust. Make a lot of infographics at that size and have to reconfigure the custom page every time.

Douglas S.

Amazingly flexible software for all kinds of graphics

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

I am using Visme to create presentations and infographics for multiple early-stage startup technology companies. Clear communication is more important than the technology itself, and Visme helps me connect the material with readers. In the future I plan to create infographics that I can post on my blog and on LinkedIn, and also use it to generate a book outline.

Pros

The range of options and choices for every aspect of design is amazing. The diverse number of possible graphics is fantastic. I don't need to be a design pro to use this.

Cons

Well, there are so many options for design that it takes time to learn them. I think the tutorials could be a bit more specific and move slower. I'd love to see Visme create Infographics that describe the design process and options in a clear way.

Thomas W.

Easy to use, abundant templates including for creating presentations online

Reviewed on 30/4/2018

Easy to use, lots of templates, and nothing to install. I think it's a good alternative to Photoshop.

Pros

There are a lot of online graphics maker based on templates on the web, but Visme sets itself apart by providing templates for presentation slides.

Cons

The problem with template-based graphical tools is that when your use case is not covered by the templates, you're on your own, and Visme is no different.

Response from Visme

Thank yoiu very much for your review Thomas.
In regards to templates; we're not sure if you had seen the content blocks in Visme?
Under Infographics exclusive to Visme we have hundreds of content blocks you can stack like legos that come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.
And in Presentations we recently launched 2 categories of Slides including Modern where you can select from over 800 slides in all sorts of shapes and sizes to fit your needs (each can be further customized)

Lindsay S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Creating presentations and social media posts -- easy & free

Reviewed on 27/1/2019

Overall, I love Visme. They actually send me emails with free fonts and other goodies which are helpful in other aspects of my business as a graphic designer. Because it's so easy to use and has assets integrated on the application that are licensed for commercial use, it's super convenient and I'm considering using it as a platform for my t shirt design business as well (in addition to social media marketing posts).

Pros

I like the built-in blocks, images, and icons. I find them helpful for giving ideas for formatting and how to structure the graphic.

Cons

I realize this is kind of nitpicky, but if I want to delete let's say, a header of text I accidentally inserted, I would expect to be able to click on it to select it, then hit the "delete" button on my keyboard and it goes away. Sadly, these shortcuts aren't a feature, so I have to click the trashcan icon to delete the item. It's a small thing, but it adds up to consume a bit of time, and is also frustrating because that's what I'm used to.

Audrey S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Cool tool to uplevel the design of presentations

Reviewed on 13/3/2019

Visme is helping me to create presentations that look more than the average PPT presentation, into more innovative design, so that it looks a lot more professional and thought through.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and provides you with lots of great professional designs for your presentations, social media, ebook covers, infographics, etc. I have used Canva and DesignBold, and have since discovering Visme opted to use only that. I have even upgraded to the complete plan. I prepare my bi-monthly webinar slides on Visme + my eBook cover. The layout is very professional compared with many other tools, and I love the choice of slides layouts that is offered. You can also save your own colour palette to amend colours and styles for the pictures, slides, etc. that you're creating.

Cons

I too would have to say that I've been experiencing sometimes that the layout’s alignment is coming out differently once exported.

Niloufer T.

A must have for the visual story teller

Reviewed on 28/6/2018

Pros

Initially I was skeptical about paying for Visme when a lot of websites were selling Powerpoint, Keynote and Infographic templates. After I signed up for Visme I learnt how to create compelling presentations for myself and friends which get noticed.
The look and feel for the presentations made with Visme are amazing because I don't have to struggle with trying to pick the right color palette or the correct layout etc.
I use Visme because it helps me create presentations on the fly and let people think I spent days putting them together.

Cons

I can't find anything that I don't like about Visme. Even the price is reasonable compared to buying templates from other places.

Don W.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Visme is valuable tool for communicating evaluation results.

Reviewed on 18/7/2016

I use Visme to create evaluation infographics within a state government department. I have gotten many positive remarks about the documents I produce in Visme.

Pros

It is intuitive to use. Visme has very responsive customer solutions. There are many graphics to choose from. I like the ability to search the Shapes and Icons and Image galleries. The updated charts are helpful.

Cons

It is quirky at times. Sometimes I cannot edit text unless the snap to grid is enabled. I share my work in print so I use PDF to publish. Often when publish, the text boundaries is different in the PDF than on the development screen. For example I put text inside a shape in the development screen, when I publish to PDF the text is outside of the boundaries of the box.

Larry F.

Everything You Want It To Do... and More!

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

Visme is now my go-to solution for internal and client-facing documentation, social media, presentations, animated video, embedded audio and more!

Professional results for an incredibly cost-effective price!!

Pros

Seamless ease of use, with an array of features that truly bolster your brand in myriad ways.

Intuitive interface. Measurable results.

And did I mention how it inspires my creativity?

Cons

Objectively speaking, there is nothing I like least! Really.

Kate S.
  • Industry: International Affairs

Visme review

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

Pros

It has good templates when compared to others on market

Cons

It is too expensive if you're purchasing as individual rather than company

Apolline A.

My daily tool for graphics, slides, presentations and infographics for my clients

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

It helps in content creation and branding.

Pros

It helps me and my team create and organize graphics for our clients. It is super easy to create color palettes and branded content for each client. We also use it to repurpose our blog content into Infographics and Slides to use on Linkedin SlideShare.

Cons

Non that we have noticed for now. But we would love the voice option on Slides to be a bit more user-friendly.

Jason B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Visme is great! It definitely makes it easier to create things.

Reviewed on 28/6/2018

Easy to use designing for any level of designer, whether it be a non-designer or an expert. Let's less-experienced people play around with designing and laying out marketing materials, in other words practicing design, while making it easy to get assets and premade modules.

Pros

Visme is an awesome tool for making marketing materials that are clean and concise. The potential for creating attention-grabbing slideshows, awesome infographics, or a beautiful e-book is all there. I've only been using Visme for maybe 2 months and I've created some great things for our marketing team and our sales team at work.

Cons

There are some bugs with functionality when handling objects, whether it's a text box or icon or picture, these things can be difficult to select, move and adjust size.

For example:
When I drag and drop one of the premade data visualization modules it's nice and easy... But I will try to resize a text box inside one of these modules, or readjust alignments of different pieces of a module and it will lose all functionality and it will take me 20-30 minutes to fix what I did wrong

(side note: the undo button is very broken)

Mark H.

Not what it seems

Reviewed on 5/5/2020

I was sold on the ability to make an interactive infographic that animates as users scroll (parallax animations). I signed up for the free trial that showed this functionality > bought the membership > spent the best part of a week designing the infographic > then found out it was a waste of time. It took days of back and forth with their customer support to find out this functionality actually does not exist outside of the platform. You cannot export what you've designed onto your website with that parallax animation. Very non-transparent; waste of time and money.

Pros

- Easy-to-use design functionality.
- But....

Cons

- If you want to make an interactive infographic, you're out of luck. You can create one but there's no option to put it on your website so it animates as you scroll.
- The customer support is poor (one-word answers on live chat).

Rose O.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Beginner user, Professional results

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

So far, so good - much easier to learn and create high quality work than in previous software I was using (i.e. InDesign).

Pros

The free trial was pretty inclusive for a free version - particularly for digital use. Easy to upgrade and communicate with support. The results are highly professional looking and easy for a novice marketing individual (aka myself) to learn. I like this much more than Adobe InDesign.

Cons

There are a few fonts that I would like to have included to maintain branding standards across our work/organizations. (Specifically "Gotham" fonts)
It would also be great to have a dedicated account manager/contact to help me with branded templates. I'll be using the free tutorials to learn more.

Lisa K.

Visme is fantastic!

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

I love Visme! I can't praise this software enough. This software lets me bring out my creative side without having to be a graphic designer.

Pros

It is very easy to use. There are so many project templates to choose from. They are always adding features, which is great. I love being able to download the project as an image or a .pdf. They have "How to" videos that you can access at any time.

Cons

I haven't been able to find how to wrap text around a picture. It may be possible and I just haven't figured it out yet.