Visme

The all-in-one online presentation, infographic tool

4.2/5

Arun
Arun
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

An comprehensive platform for me

Reviewed on 24/2/2023

Visme to be an excellent tool for creating engaging visuals quickly and easily. As a businessperson, marketer, and educator, I appreciate the ability to create visuals that reflect my brand and message. However, I should note that Visme does have some drawbacks, such as limited editing capabilities and a limited library of templates. Additionally, I find it to be quite expensive compared to other tools.

Pros

I like Visme, it's really easy to use when creating and adjusting visuals. It has a great library of templates that I can customize to fit my brand. It also gives me the ability to customize fonts, shapes, colors, and more to make my visuals stand out. Plus, Visme allows me to track the performance of my visuals so I can make better content decisions.

Cons

I think Visme is a great tool for creating visuals, but there are some drawbacks that I should consider. Visme doesn't offer me the same level of editing capabilities as other tools like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. The library of templates Visme provides is a lot smaller compared to other tools. Plus, Visme can be quite pricey compared to other tools, making it not as accessible for those on a budget.

Mohamed
  • Industry: Research

My experience with Visme

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

I was trying to represent my fieldwork questionnaire data analysis using something more creative than excel. I also wanted to easily add small icons and play around with the overall structure in a way similar to PowerPoint but not for the sake of a slide. If you are going to use Visme for more than 2/3 days and need decent graphs out of it, I highly recommend you buy the monthly subscription which you can cancel after as the perks were really good !

Pros

The ease of creating multivariate data representations and being able to make boring data look appealing

Cons

I didn’t face any major issues with the software. The only thing I have to say is that Visme still has a lot of potential

John
  • Industry: Government Administration

High hopes shattered

Reviewed on 1/5/2023

Pros

The initial offering looked good but in use it is terrible.

Cons

High hopes shattered. I was really excited to use this tool and even got my agency to purchase multiple licenses. I have, however, been really disappointed with Visme's software and the customer service in my attempts to have it corrected.We have had weird experiences like buttons not working, so you have to refresh constantly, backgrounds disappearing, video not working, and animations totally breaking. I have submitted tickets for this and reached out in chat, each time without resolution. Even when we initially set up our accounts with Visme assisting, they gave us the incorrect configuration, and we had to redo it a month later.

Simon
Simon
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Using Visme to create a graphic ebook for pdf and flip-book projects

Reviewed on 1/11/2023

Overall it was a very good experience. I had fun learning it and using it.

Overall it was a very good experience. I had fun learning it and using it.

Pros

Its ease of use and customer support. I like the templates and graphics.

Cons

I discovered after finishing my flip book project for my website from the Visme developers that the HTML5 file or animation feature for the flip-book is not supported by mobile devices. However, I was still pleased overall with the Visme app.

Carolyn
  • Industry: Utilities

Love Visme

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Again, I'm not a graphic designer, but it makes me look like one. I've been able to create graphics, presentations and social media posts that look professional and are clear and easy to understand.

Pros

It is so user-friendly! I'm not a graphic designer but it makes me look like I am!

Cons

I found creating tables and charts to be very cumbersome but talked with a Visme team member and they were able to walk me through linking Google docs.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Visme

Ease of use, mainly, but you can't beat the pricing!
Adam
  • Industry: Higher Education

Visme- Your Permanent Solution to boring PowerPoint slides

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Overall, it's excellent and easy to use. Some clunkyness that I specified above makes creating a slideshow take a bit of time compared to using software like PowerPoint, but you can't argue with the results. The slides are infinitely better than anything you can do with PowerPoint.

Pros

The crispness and simplicity of the final slides.

Cons

A few tweaks would make this software better. Being able to paste images onto slides would be great. Also, when you want to change text, you can't just highlight all the text and start typing or backspace it and start typing because it will change the font and format. So, I have to highlight all of the text except one letter, and then backspace the last letter once, and then I can type and keep the same formatting. It's pretty aggravating and slows things down. I also don't really like how the default import image drops into the background, so I end up dragging another photo onto the canvas, which I then replace with the image that I want to use. Finally, if I create an infographic within Visme, I don't think there is a way for me to import it into my presentation, which would be really useful.

Claire
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Exactly what we needed to do something differently

Reviewed on 13/1/2021

Pros

The Infographic template is one I use a lot and the blank template because we have very strict branding guidelines to stick to. Being able to use this feature with the different built in items as well as pulling our own assets it, is exactly what we need to do things differently for internal communications and projects. Makes things less blah!

Cons

I think it would be good to have email header templates available - the type of thing you could download as a png or a jpg and add into the body of an email at the top to make it pop more and get people's attention

Prezi

Reasons for Switching to Visme

We needed to be able to add URLs to link out to multiple sources and we couldn't do that very easily with Prezi.
Christa
  • Industry: Investment Management

Changed how we conduct presentations

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Pros

Visme is incredibly easy to use! It has changed the way we conduct presentations, in a more efficient, more professional and more visually interesting way to our clients. No longer are clients leaving with boring printed presentations, instead they are interactive, and can be emailed to the client after for their keep sake

Cons

at first, because there are soo many incredible features I was a touch overwhelmed with what the program can do. But once you go through your first presentation you realize how straightforward and "drag and drop it is". We love that it has the ability to be 100 % customized to each client

Microsoft PowerPoint and Prezi

Reasons for Switching to Visme

due to their exceptional reviews from other users, especially in the 'ease of use' category
Logan
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Incredible Way to Visualize Data

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

My overall experience has been positive! I used Canva before and I think that Visme is a significantly better design and visualization software.

Pros

This is an impactful tool to visualize reporting data and revamp our presentation and proposals. I have been able to visualize data points in a creative and compelling way. I have design freedom, but I also have access to templates if I need inspiration. I also think that the ability to add data directly from an excel document is a feature I now cannot live without.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about Visme is the presenting and downloading options. If I want the interactivity and animation to show, the project has to published on the web or downloaded at HTML5. The issue with published to the web is that you cannot go full screen, there is a web search bar at the top. With downloading for offline, the fonts I have used in my projects do not download correctly.

Courtney
  • Used for 1-5 months

Absolutely love Visme

Reviewed on 16/1/2021

Great experience overall. There was a small glitch with animations when i first started designing a project, but when I contacted support they had it fixed the next day.

Pros

The fact that I can drag and drop graphics and images directly from Adobe Illustrator is a game changer. It saves an incredible amount of time. There are also a ton of features to explore on future projects.

Cons

The only issue I had was trying to change the background color on one project. The controls were locked for some reason.

Issuu

Reasons for Choosing Visme

Visme lets you create designs rather than just upload them.

Issuu
Mark

Not what it seems

Reviewed on 5/5/2020

I was sold on the ability to make an interactive infographic that animates as users scroll (parallax animations). I signed up for the free trial that showed this functionality > bought the membership > spent the best part of a week designing the infographic > then found out it was a waste of time. It took days of back and forth with their customer support to find out this functionality actually does not exist outside of the platform. You cannot export what you've designed onto your website with that parallax animation. Very non-transparent; waste of time and money.

Pros

- Easy-to-use design functionality.
- But....

Cons

- If you want to make an interactive infographic, you're out of luck. You can create one but there's no option to put it on your website so it animates as you scroll.
- The customer support is poor (one-word answers on live chat).

Canva

Reasons for Switching to Visme

Their free trial showed a platform that had the functionality we needed. Unfortunately, it doesn't.
Chad

Great Option for the Design-Challenged

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

Visme has been the ideal tool for our document creation needs. Personally, I find it has more functionality and greater customization tools than its competitors.

Pros

I especially appreciate the wide range of templates and customization options.

Cons

Sometimes the user interface is a bit clunky.

Infogram, Piktochart and Canva

Reasons for Choosing Visme

I found the template library to be more creative and interesting. Further, I find infographic creation is far easier with Visme.

Canva

Reasons for Switching to Visme

Quality and diversity of template designs and outstanding customer service/support.
Kim

Content Creation, No Graphic Design Experience Needed

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

Overall I have been very pleased and will continue to use it to deliver quality content for my clients.

Pros

As a business owner, Visme has been a wonderful tool for creating content that is professional and engaging without the cost and delays of outsourcing design projects. It is easy to use and learn.

Cons

I have found sometimes it is buggy - slow to load or features do not work at times.

Adobe Illustrator

More features

Bradley

Visme for Simplicity

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

I have been praising this software since my first use of it. I am a 20+ year industry veteran and familiar with all the usual suspects, it doesn't replace our Adobe Products, but it does work as a fantastic partner or alternative at times for client workflow. It is a great alternative however to Powerpoint and Keynote where you so often end up with version or compatibility issues. Being able to design in one place, alongside the end user and them see it come together and work exactly as they expect is priceless. I love the ability to have everything hosted in the cloud as well as the direct integration of video. The software has a very small learning curve, a experienced designer can be up and running in minutes and an average user in a few hours.

Pros

We love the centralized ability to have everything in the cloud and accessible for our team and clients. For years we do as everyone does and have passed presentations and documents back and forth that were simple and needed minor edits and you would deal with compatibility and version issues. This simplifies this greatly, giving our clients often times a place to dump in content that we can design around or a place where we can be completely creative and they can dive in and review, what they see is what they get and we love that feature.

Cons

The software is new, therefor you can expect some unexpected bugs, things don't show up as expected or the page needs refreshed so it works as expected. Overall, these have been very minor and we see how quickly the visme team is working to improve the product so I see this being less of an issue over time.

Isabela
  • Used for Free Trial

My experience on Visme

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

I'm working on an slide presentation for a specific foundation where I am currently doing my student internship, and thanks to its tutorials I can make my slide presentation to be interactive by having pop ups or by skipping to different slides (with a click or by hover). It also gives you the possibility to add media (videos) on it.

Besides of that, even if I can't use the premium templates, by looking at them, it can give me some ideas on how to decorate every slide.

Pros

Definitely I really enjoy the diversity that Visme gives you when it comes to present your project, whether is a slide presentation, timeline, brochure, or any other form, you'll find tons of different ideas along with templates to experiment. They even give you themes such as: Nature, Birthday, Business, and much more. Not only you'll find nice template designs whatever your need is, but also you'll find many types tutorials to make your experience easier. If you have any type of doubt, you can contact the Visme Support Team and they'll email you in a short amount of time. So far, I'm overall happy with the experience.

Cons

Okay, here may sound a bit contradictory to what I wrote above, but yes, one of the advantages of Visme is the diversity you'll find on the platform BUT is also one of the problems. Here my out: As a member of Visme, you'll some cool design templates with different themes (whether is a slide, brochure, infography, timeline etc), however, the majority of the coolest design templates are only for Premium members, in which obviously you'll have to pay. In my case, since I'm still a student, I can't afford the Premium advantages. That's the only disadvantage I could think of. It would be a nice touch to give more template designs for the non-premium users.

Also, it's a shame the platform doesn't let me upload a video directly from the computer, because it takes time to create an Youtube or Video account and then uploading videos on it.

Cassandra
Cassandra
  • Industry: Design

Visme: The Easy Way to Create Professional-Looking Designs

Reviewed on 12/4/2023

As a user, I can confidently say that Visme is an excellent tool for creating engaging and informative visuals. I love that it's so easy to use, even for someone with no design experience. The templates are great, and the drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to customize them to match my needs. I also appreciate the wide range of features, including charts, graphs, and other visuals that can be used to present data in a clear and concise way. Overall, I'm very happy with Visme and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, user-friendly tool to create visuals.

Pros

I love using Visme because it's an easy-to-use, versatile tool that can help me create professional-looking visuals for a variety of purposes. Visme offers a wide range of features, including templates, charts, graphs, and other visuals that can be used to present data in a clear and concise way. I can also add images, videos, and text to my visuals to make them more engaging.

Cons

I have been using Visme for a few months now and I have not found anything I didn't like about it. It is a very user-friendly tool that allows me to create professional-looking visuals without any design experience. I would highly recommend Visme to anyone looking for a powerful and easy-to-use tool to create visuals.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 6-12 months

Create your Presentation with a modern touch with Visme

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

My overall experience with Visme was great. I was fascinated by how good the presentation templates look and how well presentations can be designed with the use of this tool. However, as I used the free version I was not able to get my presentations as .ppt files which was slightly inconvenient to me.

Pros

Visme is a web-based Presentation and Infographic tool. What I liked the most is that Visme has some great looking, modern templates that can be used to create amazing presentations. This vast template library makes the process of making a slideshow very interesting rather than making one with a conventional tool like Google Slides or Microsoft PowerPoint. The modern look on these templates is fascinating. Moreover, there are a lot of icons, shapes and logos to be chosen to include in your presentation. Furthermore, smooth and modern animations can also be included in the presentation.

Cons

There are few cons in this tool as well. The free version gives only a small amount of icons, shapes and templates to be used in your presentations. Also, the free version doesn't allow the user to download a presentation in PDF format or .ppt format. Free version only allows the users to download the presentation as a bunch of JPEG files which is a huge drawback (not applicable for Premium/paid version). So in free version, if you want all the fancy animations and effects to be on your presentation you should connect to the internet and present the slideshow via the website.

Andrew
  • Industry: Insurance

Great Software for building infographics

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

I used Visme to build my online portfolio of infographics to assist me during the interview process while i searched for a new role

Visme was great and helped me land a new Director of Communications role at a company that needs more visual communications. I will be recommending that my new employees get up to speed and use visme.

Pros

I found the software intuitive and feature rich. I was able to easily import individual elements I had created in illustrator and have them appear and get arranged exactly as I had imagined.

The templates provided are strong as well and I could easily apply my own branding.

I also found it very easy to make them interactive.

Cons

I think that the presentation builder (ie slide shows) could allow more flexibility. right now, you need to create individual duplicated slides with an element or 2 added or removed to simulate a slide

casey
  • Industry: Building Materials

Very Pleased

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

Our experience has been great! Again, with the remote workplace we had to rejigger. Visme has made our zoom meetings VERY productive and rewarding.

Pros

Great platform to develop beautiful presentations that are engaging and look like they were created by a professional marketing team. This is made easy with the mass amounts of smartly designed templates. Additionally, everything is completely customizable- great for brand ID. Now with so many working from home, in person meetings are a thing of the past. We now conduct all sales meetings via zoom, our clients are very demanding (architects and designers in NYC.) They are responding very well and business remains strong.

Cons

I would like to see functions to make marketing easy like those found in InDesign & Photoshop. We sell finishing materials- one tile could come in 50 different colors. Creating a presentation showing all 50 colors is a little challenging. Spacing tools, guide lines, tables, etc would be tremendously helpful.

Jay
  • Used for 1+ year

Cheapest way to make an attractive presentation

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

I use Visme for a month or two at a time and cancel the subscription when I'm not actively using it. The price lack of crazy longterm subscriptions are what keeps me coming back.

Pros

First and foremost, the Visme is a very affordable option to making presentations that look fantastic. There are plenty of customization options and applying a theme to use across your deck is much easier than it is in other more expensive pieces of software.

Cons

When a project gets on the larger side, the software has a hard time handling it and sometimes will change colors on a chart or move an image ever so slightly.

David
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Decent content creation software

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

It allowed me and my team to create an executive summary for the program our nonprofit has designed. We now can take this finished piece and give it to interested parties who are thinking of partnering with us.

Pros

I like that I could drag shapes, text boxes, and headers right into the piece I was working on. I also like the auto snap lines that ensured that these different elements were all aligned with one another.

Cons

I couldn't properly resize shapes. I could only scale them up in size but was unable to expand them left to right and up to down. This is a huge deal in a content creation software. The user needs to have complete control over the size, orientation, and location of all elements. Partial control is not sufficient.

Nash

Look Amazing - in very little time

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

Great. Customer service and community efforts are outstanding. They want you to get your moneys worth.

Pros

I am in the business of going big. My skill is making products and services look slick - world class - and Visme let’s me do this fast.

The templates are broad and intuitively set up - as if a business mind is behind their design. When it comes to putting your best foot forward you can’t take a risk with making a first impression - and Visme let’s you enter the party looking your best, and turning every head in the room.

Cons

It’s a bit expensive, I pay far less for a suite of adobe products.

Tick

Reasons for Choosing Visme

I needed to make my products look slicker

Matt
Matt
  • Industry: Publishing

Infographics made easy!

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

It's a great product and well worth the time and money if you want some unique and functional ways to present content to a wide audience.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is the variety of high quality infographic templates. Infographics are tough to make in general (with gathering content) so the design sometimes gets left aside. Visme gives plenty of opportunities and designs to present your content in unique ways.

Cons

The design software is a bit clunky on the zooming in/out and the use of layers, fine-tuning, and other options. Also, I have all of my projects visible on the main page and it can be hard to find what I'm looking for. I'd like the option to hide all of my designs in a folder once I've finished with them.

Response from Visme

Thank you for your comments Matt. We appreciate your constructive feedback and this helps us to improve the Visme experience.
It would be wonderful if you could provide more details such as a short screenshot and steps to duplicate your zooming issue so we can have our dev team investigate this further for you.

• Used for 2+ years

Visme is a limited feature tool for people who can fit into a specific template

Reviewed on 12/7/2018

Great for people who want to fill-in the blanks on a pre-set template, but there are far better tools for people who want to customize their presentation.

Pros

Visme makes it easy to create an infographic or presentation from a pre-designed template. And the templates are visually quite appealing. If you see something you can use in the gallery - and it perfectly fits your project - Visme will be great for you.

Cons

I bought a premium plan so that I could brand my content, but found myself paying annually for something that I used very infrequently. The templates generally didn't fit perfectly for my projects and I wanted a lot more customization and control, which is difficult in Visme. It is a great tool for beginners who can just fill in pre-set spaces, but it is less than ideal for people who need more control over the content.

Natalia
  • Industry: Telecommunications

I love Visme

Reviewed on 25/6/2019

Pros

I use Visme from the beginning. I have seen how the tool has grown. Currently it is the best tool to make presentations. It is easy to use, has many templates and allows you to export the content in many formats.

Cons

Maybe you need a few days to learn where the buttons are and that to have all the functionality you need to have a paid version (which is worth it).