Visme

The all-in-one online presentation, infographic tool

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5

Casey D.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used for 1-5 months

Perfect for any graphic design experience level - even complete beginners!

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

I am a volunteer for a non-profit animal rescue organization. We had a very successful past year and had been looking for a way to visually show all of the data from it, but didn't quite know how. Before working with Visme, we had no idea how beneficial it would be to have this data visually represented in a beautiful infographic. The results were eye-catching, easy to read/interpret and perfect to share on both social media and in print. We were able to take a closer look at our metrics and determine specific data we should be keeping track of- and we will be able to use these findings as a benchmark for years to come. Thank you Visme, for providing a tool to not only create an aesthetically pleasing infographic, but a tool that opened our eyes to our own various analytics that we can monitor and share with our supporters.

Pros

Visme is very easy to use, even for someone with no graphic design/technical experience. I created a stunning infographic to display all of my organization's "year in review statistics" without any frustration or confusion. I was able to create a proof of the design and export it to a JPEG file for review. When layout/aesthetic decisions were finalized, I purchased a membership to have access to down a PDF version of the design.
I ended up sending the same PDF file to a local print shop where it was printed on a 24x36 foam board - which still appeared in the highest quality that was displayed in my browser. You can't have a high quality print without a high quality file to print from.
The first of many great experiences!

Cons

Although it was nice to be able to size the canvas based on a ratio of pixels, it would have been nice to have an additional or alternative a way to size the canvas based on inches/centimeters for easy printing. If there is in fact already a way to do this, I would recommend having the options associated with the 'canvas size' feature.

Reasons for Switching to Visme

The ability to play around with the software and use almost all of the features before having to commit to purchasing a plan was the deal breaker for me. The icing on the cake was the ability to create/download an actual proof of the design as a JPEG before purchasing. Although the JPEG was lower quality, it made perfect sense that the higher quality versions of files to download were part of the paid plan which I thought was very reasonable.
Nirav S.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Powerful Platform To Create Impactful Presentations

Reviewed on 7/5/2022

We create weekly review presentations on Visme. The templates are very useful. Also, cross-device collaboration helps in accessing and editing files anytime anywhere. If cost is not a constraint then you should go for this tool.

Pros

Visme has a huge and impactful ready-to-use template library creating a unique selling point for itself. The graphic options available are unbeatable.

Cons

Visme is a more expensive tool as compared to other SAAS platforms. Only large organizations can afford the same.

Nick B.
  • Industry: Media Production

Better alternatives exist, but good for some use cases

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

Unfortunately, I had paid the year in advance, so I've lost my money. I no longer use them and instead use software from a couple other tools. I particularly like Crello and Pixelied. However for infographics, Visme is still the best. It's just a shame they don't care about their users privacy requirements, or applying the law outside of the US.

Pros

I first loved this software for their unique tools to create infographics.

Cons

Unfortunately, I also care out privacy and was not allowed to participate in the offered free training without agreeing to their terms of service that included adding me to marketing lists.

Since I know this is illegal in the EU, I politely asked them to change it so that I could attend their webinars. Their response was initial denial, then basically to ignore. I tried several times in the future. In the end I gave up using them and switched to Crello and Pixelied.

liked their infographics
Asfak M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best Online presentation platform I've ever used

Reviewed on 30/5/2022

Visme is a good fit for anyone who wants to create better content faster and manage all of their designs. It helps me with creating business cards, brochures & social media banners. Although the learning curve is not that easy, it pays off. I think the pricing plan could be more affordable.

Pros

Visme comes with a wide range of ready-to-use templates and icons, as well as other elements that make my design a lot easier. I can create & present my presentation slide online very easily. The interface & functionality is so easy to use, even for the beginner. I can do some of my graphic works on the go in visme.

Cons

There are no advanced animations in visme for slides. Some elements are not editable & some are difficult to edit. The free version is limited & the personal plan is also restrictive. It has no mobile app like canva. They don't have a refund policy. For the privacy setting, I've to buy a business plan.

Näzih E.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Never regretted it

Reviewed on 13/1/2021

The presentations are always very popular with my teammates and allow me to present myself as I want to be perceived and not in a standardized way.

Pros

Visme is a practical presentation tool that is easy to use, allows for beautiful designs and can impress listeners.

Cons

Except for small technical defects (e.g. undoing actions) and the somewhat limited selection of data analysis tools, there is really nothing to complain about.

Google Sheets

Reasons for Choosing Visme

PowerPoint is a standard tool and only offers very flat, sometimes monotonous presentation options.

Reasons for Switching to Visme

Visme simply offers me a lot more options and is visually more appealing and lively.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great improvements recently

Reviewed on 14/9/2021

Pleased with the new touches and improvements made. Effective tool to design a variety of media designs for social media, websites and presentations

Pros

Liked most the great improvements made to add new features of text editing, and media library.
Also liked the new interface
Great to have a desktop application

Cons

Search tools for templates needs to improve tagging so can find more relevant templates to the search keyword
I feel I need more time to understand how presenter view works in terms of speaker notes that I can see while presenting without being shown to the crowd

Alejandro G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Death by power point be gone

Reviewed on 11/2/2022

Pros

It has tons of features and object galleries. This is one of the most robust and at the same time easy to use software to create visual information for work or education.

Cons

Some of the objects are not as straightforward to change. There is a learning curve you have to take in order to get the most out of visme.

Beautiful.ai

Reasons for Switching to Visme

It has a more comprehensive library of objects and things you can do with it.
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Comprehensive tool for presentations and data visualization

Reviewed on 4/6/2022

Pros

I really liked a lot the quality of the templates provided by Visme compared to others available, and also the possibilities of edition, online collaboration and file sharing. Also, the quality of the assets for data visualization were especially helpful to present results of investigations and market research during the meetings.

Cons

I think that the learning curve at the beginning is a little bits steep compared to other presentation softwares, but it is worth it in order to exploit it at most.

Alexandra Z.

A handy tool for social media posts

Reviewed on 26/5/2022

Great for creating graphic-rich and professionally-looking posts for social media. The free plan offers plenty of resources and features.

Pros

Great for creating posts for multiple social media accounts. With Visme, I don't have to worry about diversity in my social media posts. Whenever I use it, I create stunning posts that attract my audience. Visme offers you the possibility to create super professionally-looking images for promoting everything.

Cons

There are also many graphic items that are only available for premium accounts, and the paid plan is a bit expensive.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Visme Review

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

Pros

It is user friendly and has a variety of templates one can use for slideshows and brand marketing resources.

Cons

Guest collaboration is not supported and it is a little price compared to other related softwares.

David H.
  • Industry: Research

Does Visme has me in mind?

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

Overall my experience with Visme is very positive, interactions with customers and the presentations is really positive. I just think from a presentation developer side, the two cons of Visme need to be addressed so Visme can stand out from every other data presentation and visualisation tool within the market.

Pros

The software itself has been built with the user in mind.
Pros:
1. A vast base of free stock images which can be used for business.
2. A range of various templates and stock graphics.
3. Very simple interaction interface.
4.Being able to create and use your company's branding styles.
5. Presentation downloading is simple and easy.

Cons

I have only two problems with the software and it has not stopped me from using it but it causes me a lot of frustration and time wasting, which is never what somebody wants.

1. You are only able to show videos from a YouTube link. Why this is frustrating is if myself and others use sensitive information which can only be given to selective individuals, even if we unlist, unpublish videos on YouTube when it is visible within the presentation the YouTube link is visible and clickable. Visme restricts the amount of storage an account can have so ideally if the user was to fill this account with MP4 which they want to use, to keep using the software they would need to upgrade which is what they are most likely to do. Which in turn gets more revenue for Visme.

2. I think one of the most common and new interactive forms of giving information is Gifs, i think Visme need to create something within the system that allows the user to either create a very simple Gif and have stock Gifs available.

PowToon, Canva, Prezi and Haiku Deck

Reasons for Choosing Visme

being able to down in a HTML 5 format which is available off line.
Ametra R.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Tried Something New and Enjoyed It

Reviewed on 11/4/2020

The learning curve for Visme is very simple, especially because of all the helpful tutorial videos on the site. Just looking at Visme itself might seem intimidating for some, but those tutorials did a remarkable job of making me feel at ease and making me want to dive right in. From a business standpoint, Visme is great.

Pros

The first thing that impressed me was the ease of use with Visme, and I was hooked right away on the video tutorials, which are short and to the point. With as busy as I have been and continue to be, I really don’t have the time or attention span to watch long videos. Just get me in and let me tinker.

The library of templates is vast from quizzes to marketing plans and presentations. All of those, and more, combine to go a long way toward supplementing a business of any size, including those run by people like me who are their own Marketing and Networking departments. There is much more to Visme than assistance in the creation of ads. You can make graphs and charts, printables such as flyers, and you can publish survey results – for those of you who like that sort of thing.

The layout is very clean, catches the eye, and I didn’t get fatigued by going through pages of what’s available. I enjoyed looking around and tinkering with Visme a lot.

Cons

While this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I do feel that Visme is very business-oriented and maybe doesn't have the flexibility to just be creative for fun projects. I felt much like Visme is perfect for presentations, portfolios and the like. If I want to put that business foot forward, Visme is it. But, if I want to relax and be silly, making something fun...I wasn't so sure.

Kim O.

Content Creation, No Graphic Design Experience Needed

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

Overall I have been very pleased and will continue to use it to deliver quality content for my clients.

Pros

As a business owner, Visme has been a wonderful tool for creating content that is professional and engaging without the cost and delays of outsourcing design projects. It is easy to use and learn.

Cons

I have found sometimes it is buggy - slow to load or features do not work at times.

Adobe Illustrator

More features

Cate M.

Visme has changed the quality of our work

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

I honestly believe that the quality of my work output has significantly changed as a result of Visme. I can not imagine doing this job without the product. I've been continually impressed with their ability to roll out new features that continue to improve an exceptional product.

Pros

Visme can be self-taught and is easy and intuitive to use. If you need support, the resources are there through their CS team or through the webinars. I appreciate the breadth of templates, icons, visuals and options, as well as the ability to custom materials with my company logo and colours.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to change the thickness of the icon lines, but I appreciate that is very specific. If that is my biggest concern, I think you're doing pretty well!

Piktochart

Piktochart
Mercédesz D.

More than just presentations

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

We've started using Visme purely for presentation purposes but quickly realized that the potential it has can be leveraged across multiple business problems. Now we create one-pagers, brochures and other marketing material with it.

Pros

Visme comes with a bunch of ready-to-use templates, smart icons and the like. It takes considerably less time to create a visualization when compared to any other tools. The other perk is the "My Brand" feature, which allows the whole team to use the same corporate identity package.

Cons

I'd say the only difficulty I've encountered in the beginning was with the placement of the objects. What really helps is the functionality to place your items based on their relative pixel location however I'm yet to find a quick way to put my items to the perfect spot.

Reasons for Choosing Visme

Our 1-year contract with Prezi has expired.

Reasons for Switching to Visme

Prezi's price offer for a 2-seat team package was considerably high.
Nelson G.

Easily create eye catching content

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

I've used Visme in four different businesses at this point and have recommended the product to countless others. As someone who has zero marketing experience, I feel as if it gives me the opportunity to talk about our offering in ways that would normally require a graphic design professional. Having at least one license for your business or organization is a no brainer.

Pros

I was able to create content for our business within minutes of using Visme. Great for any business that is trying to tell a story about their product or services.

Cons

I'd like to see more of the animated icons, I think that's a game changer for folks who incorporate video/gifs in their social media strategy.

Toonly

Intuitiveness.

Reasons for Switching to Visme

Felt as if it gave me the most bang for my buck.
Bradley S.

Visme for Simplicity

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

I have been praising this software since my first use of it. I am a 20+ year industry veteran and familiar with all the usual suspects, it doesn't replace our Adobe Products, but it does work as a fantastic partner or alternative at times for client workflow. It is a great alternative however to Powerpoint and Keynote where you so often end up with version or compatibility issues. Being able to design in one place, alongside the end user and them see it come together and work exactly as they expect is priceless. I love the ability to have everything hosted in the cloud as well as the direct integration of video. The software has a very small learning curve, a experienced designer can be up and running in minutes and an average user in a few hours.

Pros

We love the centralized ability to have everything in the cloud and accessible for our team and clients. For years we do as everyone does and have passed presentations and documents back and forth that were simple and needed minor edits and you would deal with compatibility and version issues. This simplifies this greatly, giving our clients often times a place to dump in content that we can design around or a place where we can be completely creative and they can dive in and review, what they see is what they get and we love that feature.

Cons

The software is new, therefor you can expect some unexpected bugs, things don't show up as expected or the page needs refreshed so it works as expected. Overall, these have been very minor and we see how quickly the visme team is working to improve the product so I see this being less of an issue over time.

Isabela D.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used for Free Trial

My experience on Visme

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

I'm working on an slide presentation for a specific foundation where I am currently doing my student internship, and thanks to its tutorials I can make my slide presentation to be interactive by having pop ups or by skipping to different slides (with a click or by hover). It also gives you the possibility to add media (videos) on it.

Besides of that, even if I can't use the premium templates, by looking at them, it can give me some ideas on how to decorate every slide.

Pros

Definitely I really enjoy the diversity that Visme gives you when it comes to present your project, whether is a slide presentation, timeline, brochure, or any other form, you'll find tons of different ideas along with templates to experiment. They even give you themes such as: Nature, Birthday, Business, and much more. Not only you'll find nice template designs whatever your need is, but also you'll find many types tutorials to make your experience easier. If you have any type of doubt, you can contact the Visme Support Team and they'll email you in a short amount of time. So far, I'm overall happy with the experience.

Cons

Okay, here may sound a bit contradictory to what I wrote above, but yes, one of the advantages of Visme is the diversity you'll find on the platform BUT is also one of the problems. Here my out: As a member of Visme, you'll some cool design templates with different themes (whether is a slide, brochure, infography, timeline etc), however, the majority of the coolest design templates are only for Premium members, in which obviously you'll have to pay. In my case, since I'm still a student, I can't afford the Premium advantages. That's the only disadvantage I could think of. It would be a nice touch to give more template designs for the non-premium users.

Also, it's a shame the platform doesn't let me upload a video directly from the computer, because it takes time to create an Youtube or Video account and then uploading videos on it.

Joshua M.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

A Fresh Take on Presentation in Education

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

Visme is a great product that I will continue to use in my classrooms!

Pros

I love that the features of Visme are crisp and clear and provide a welcome alternative to other presentation software choices. My students love the way the screen looks and notice the difference from other platforms used by other instructors.

Cons

At times it can become frustrating that formatting within text boxes is altered unexpectantly.

Rodney H.

Big Big fan of Visme!

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

Pros

It's user-friendly and the quality of the images and everything looks fantastic! We've used it for all kinds of projects from presentations, printable training packets, logo design, infographics, and several others as well. The CX experience has been the best part! The team at Visme is on top of their customer service and always​ very helpful. I also would​ say the price point​ is more than fair considering everything that can be accomplished​ through Visme.

Cons

The learning curve has been tough for me. I have zero experience with anything graphic design related so that is to be expected. With is being web-based I feel like sometimes I experience latency when moving from project to project. However, ​more than likely​ is an internet connection speed on our end.

Patricia K.

Using Visme for Online Instruction

Reviewed on 7/1/2021

I use Visme for creating instructional materials intended to engage students and motivate learning. I have created 24 class slide shows and 20 infographics over the last year and a half.

Pros

Visme provides a wide variety of capabilities that allow designers to make infographics and slide shows visually enticing as well as informative and concise. I enjoyed learning how to use graphics, fonts, color, music, and animation to bring my class preparations to life online.

Cons

It takes a while to learn how to use the many features of Visme. In fact, I feel as if I am still learning even after a year and a half. That said, even when I first started using Visme and was rather novice, I was still able to create presentations that were visually compelling.

Reasons for Switching to Visme

I was drawn to Visme by its wide variety of document styles, plethora of graphics capabilities, and simple pricing structure.
Daniel N.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best substitution for boring pptx

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

I used to have boring pptx presentations. With normal transitions, normal predetermined colors and images. I think that with visme i was able to transform them into a more serious yet fun way to give classes. But it doesnt end there. I was able to create programs, presentations, banners all fully digitalized, downloadable easy to look at that have gotten the attetion of everybody, always asking "where did you do that". Absolutely recomended for any one, no only teacher, universsity, but students that would like to elevate their presentation game

Pros

Its really easy to use. I like how its able to categorize different applications including written, printable and even social networking. I ve used it to creat linked in banners, universitiy presentations, written reports and beyond. The main page is easy to use, the value of the product is completely worth it, and my students have noticed how presentable and neat my presentations are (even asking how to get the program) fully recomended

Cons

The free version has really little space to make your work flow seemlesly. This said, paying for the academic version is really cheap and totally worth the money.

Susan G.

I LOVE VISME!!! I can use one program for so many things!

Reviewed on 13/7/2018

I save so much time using Visme. It makes graphic design easy, and makes me look so good.
It's SO SIMPLE!!

Pros

I love how EASY it is to do almost anything! I use it almost everyday for website graphics, emails, print. I used to jump around from program to program but now I do a majority of my design work in Visme.
You don't need to know any other graphic programs to use Visme, it's for everyone. I love showing people in the office how they can look like a design professional in a matter of minutes.
If you have any experience with Paint, Photoshop, Illustrator, you won't even have to read instructions, it's so intuitive.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like, except I wish we could store more projects. 15 isn't enough.
I would also like to download my own fonts in the standard package, I think that's important for all levels. You can't do branding without consistent fonts. Maybe allowing up to 5 fonts for the standard package? That's all I really need.

Jaden H.

Overall satisfied with minor issues.

Reviewed on 8/1/2021

Overall we are very satisfied with Visme. We've been able to create engaging sections within our website, fine-tuned infographics showcasing graphs and growth, and presentations full of animations, making each Visme engaging and fun, all while still being informative and professional.

Pros

Visme is easy to use and I feel the value is fairly inexpensive, especially compared to some other platforms on the market.

The integrating is straightforward and the "Visme" created looks well within the website.

The creative liberties Visme offers are worth the price and allow for a more engaging experience.

Cons

When searching for shapes, icons, animations, etc., it is incredibly frustrating how often I have to clear my cache in order to view whatever it is I searched. I'll search for something and they'll come up but with no images. I have to click on them and bring them into my project before I can see what they are. It makes creating projects longer than I would like and more frustrating.

Resizing images, like an arrow for example, isn't as easy as one would think. Being able to make the arrow longer without changing the overall size should be straightforward, but it isn't. You can't create long and thin arrows (At least I haven't been able to figure out how to).

This last "con" is specific to me, and probably not many others, but we needed a fully customizable map that allowed us to break up specific states into sections within the US. As of right now, Visme isn't able to do this and that is ok, but if that were possible we would change how we're creating that map because the other features associated with the map in Visme are significantly better.

Ceros

Reasons for Switching to Visme

Customer support availability and price compared to our overall needs.
Allen H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Used this for a few presentations and creating a one-pager. Generally pretty easy to use and people are amazed by the quality/graphics of some of the templates.

Pros

Probably the easiest SAS presentation software I've used. The user interface is intuitive and allows you to click+drag to create pretty professional looking graphics and presentations. Very convenient to use especially how it allows you to save and access your presentations from anywhere. It also allows you to access thousands of images to use for your presentation.

Cons

This is probably an issue with all other SAS which requires a constant internet connection to use. Slightly annoying making small/minor changes quickly since you gotta find internet -->log in -> make change-> save-> re-export as your powerpoint presentation, etc... Specifically, the visme presentations can't be modified in a MS powerpoint presentation and cant be modified offline. It exports as a graphic/single image in powerpoint so it forces you to only use visme to modify your presentation. Requires online connection and sometimes it lags when you're working on your browser if you have a slow connection. Charges you in USD so it sucks for you Canadians out there.