Justworks

Payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance all in one place.

4.6/5
4.6/5
4.8/5
4.7/5

Anna Ruth
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Switched from Trinet, and never looking back

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Overall, it's benefitted employee engagement, increased efficiency and decreased costs. Basically, Justworks does what every HR software vendor claims to do, but very very few ever achieve.

Pros

The software UI/UX is lightyears ahead of stodgy, archaic software like Trinet. It's also modern and sleek, which makes my employees just feel good and more confident in using the system. It's so much easier to navigate and offers valuable, yet simple, features that amazingly - clunky systems like Trinet can't manage to code into their dashboards. For example, Justworks lets us direct deposit pay to contractors via the software (with Trinet we had to use a separate processing system like PayPal to pay contractors). It also includes a cool company calendar that employees can login to view upcoming holidays, paydays, etc. Finally, it makes requesting PTO seamless and actually fun for the end user. On top of it all - Justworks offers us cheaper insurance plans (which benefit's my team's pocket books) and is a fraction of the overall monthly fee.

Cons

It's really hard for me to find a con. The only one I can say is that they don't offer white-glove, concierge services to answer more "complex" HR questions. I've heard Justworks might be adding a professional services team to resolve this.

Zach

Justworks Review

Reviewed on 29/7/2020

Pros

It is very easy to use. I'd say it is perfect for our company with a size of 30 employees because we don't need all the big features that other PEO's offer.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software!

TriNet

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Cost of ADP TotalSource was a lot and we didn't need all the features they have to offer.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

We chose Justworks over TriNet due to the cost and features in Justworks. TriNet has a lot of features that we wouldn't use and the cost was far greater than Justworks.
Wes

Tax Mishap

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

Initially I had a great experience, until I ran into this tax and address issue. Since then its been below average and I'm not sure I would choose to use the software again if given the option.

Pros

Seemed easy to use and easy to change your information for tax and payroll purposes.

Cons

1) Customer Support-after informing the Justworks team that I attempted to change my address to a new state, they denied that I did and said that there was no proof that I attempted to do so. Because of this, they continued to take out the wrong state income tax for nearly 5 months and I wound up owing a great deal of money because of the mistake. I offered to have them meet me in the middle with a credit to alleviate the situation and they refused. Overall, horrible experience and a true lack of understanding and compassion for a customer.

Daryn

It Just Works for our employees

Reviewed on 22/1/2021

We love it. It is inexpensive and provides amazing value to our company as an HR database and for running payroll.

Pros

I really do enjoy how easy it is to navigate everywhere! Honestly, the customer support is out of this world too! Anytime I have a question, I can hop on their Slack channel and get help. Also, the platform is super easy for us to onboard new employees and keep everything up to date for payroll.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about JustWorks in my experience. I could see the lack of in-depth docs being an issue, but when getting answers to questions is as easy as a Slack message it's hard to be upset.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Justworks offered better benefits for our small company.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

ADP was too expensive and didn't offer everything we wanted.
Brian
  • Industry: Medical Practice

A Must for growing Start Ups

Reviewed on 29/7/2020

The platform is an amazing plug in play architecture that allows us to focus on building a business and not spending time on cumbersome administrative processes.

Pros

Ease of use , functionality and the added value of payment services

Cons

Would really like document repository capacity or employee files

TriNet

Tracking. Reporting and needed a PEO partner

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Ease of use, pricing, payment services
Jamie

Justworks is fantastic!

Reviewed on 29/7/2020

Pros

I love how user friendly the Justworks platform is and the added value that we get through all of the Justworks partnerships. The customer service is phenomenal, and I truly feel like my representative is part of my team.

Cons

I really can't think of something I would change.

April

I never thought I'd love a PEO

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

I love Justworks. We've used both PayChex and ADP in the past and have had horrible experiences. The switch to Justworks has been amazing. It's made my day-to-day work so much more streamlined and less stressful

Pros

The platform is easy to use and user friendly. The customer service has been absolutely phenomenal!

Cons

Reporting could be improved, but I know that this is something they're constantly working on.

Juliette
  • Industry: Entertainment

Justworks leads the PEO market

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

If you get a good account manager you are all set. But that's key.

Pros

This is The Most User-Friendly software for my employees to experience

Cons

There are still some features that aren't well thought out, such as tracking and paying hourly employee time, problematic birthday features, and details like that.

Coleen
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Wonderful tool for our small business.

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

The set up process was very smooth and the customer support is excellent.

Pros

It is very user friendly. Easy to use, easy to maneuver as an administrator and user.

Cons

Nothing I have found yet......it all works very well.

Reasons for Choosing Justworks

Wanted one stop shopping for payroll and benefits with an easy user experience.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Had heard some negative feedback from some colleagues with regards to ADP.
Sara
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Easy to navigate, even easier to understand

Reviewed on 28/1/2022

Justworks is just that good. It is easy to navigate and understand. I never fall behind on deadlines or lose important information. It's all in Justworks when I need it.

Pros

I like that all of my payroll information is easily accessible with an intuitive user-interface. For example, the platform reminds me when certain items are due such as healthcare insurance enrollment and W-2 tax information. It also notifies me of any status changes like salary increases, promotions, and the like. The software is also secure since it requires two factor authentication every time I login.

Cons

It can take a while for changes to be reflected in the platform. For example, I would recommend adding new employees a few days before their start time to ensure that Justworks recognizes them when they login for the first time, without delay.

Jessica

Great product, decent customer service

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

Sales team was very professional and informative. A few instances where we assumed something that wasn't the case, but they are very open to hearing suggestions and easy to get in touch with. If you need strong HR support, it might not be the best option, it seems that they have very "canned" responses when dealing with HR questions. But the overall system & ease of use is fantastic.

Pros

Very easy to use, great standardized reports

Cons

Nothing. It is very easy to use and great support.

Sirius

Justworks has been lifesaving

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

Overall Experience has been great. Very easy program to use and to teach. We've had two account managers so far and they both have been AMAZING.

Pros

As both and admin and a user, the software's interface and functionality is very easy to use.

Cons

Invoices are not able to be converted to a pdf. That is something I'd like to see them improve.

Anthony
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Justworks - Really WORKS!

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

Pros

Easy to use and great customer experience.

Cons

It would be great if calendar could sync with outlook or be exported.

Reasons for Switching to Justworks

Better online user experience and minimal investment.
MAria GRAzia
  • Industry: Legal Services

Justworks review.

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

Our reps. have been wonderful., easy tp reach, work hard to get our problems resolved in a short space of time. I have a million questions all the time am they are very patient and helpful. The reporting system needs work, the outside 401k need more integration and Wage works needs to be set up with better integration and more information. IT is impossible getting an answer to a question. Their serve needs to be updated wot link with yours.

Pros

I love the user-friendliness of this software. I love the panels and clarity of the pages, the dashboard and the size of the font and that I can see in the side panels a directory of what I can choose. When I can't find something, I can open these windows and usually find what I am looking for another lead to it. I like the breakdown of all fees and workers comp etc and I love that I can see itemized lists when I check the invoicing, where as ADP had a lump sum, hidden fees and no real list of costs. Justworks seems to be much more transparent

Cons

The 401K reporting is not informative enough to be consistent with my admin needs for our plan outside of Justworks.Generally the 401 Administration is not as user friendly and making changes to payroll and 401 deferrals has proven to be more complex and less user friendly. I was not able to adjust my colleagues 401 after she was placed on Paid Family Leave. ITR was more complicated and assistances was required as there was not a real way to know what was needed in order to set up this alternate payment while PFL was being utilized. Also the Wageworkers benefits system is also not integrated well. IT is a problem on their end. Their service has been really inconsistent, however JW helped us hand their inadequacies.

Irina
  • Industry: Investment Banking

Justworks Platform

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

The breakdown of all fees and taxes is very transparent in the system which allows me to produce accurate reports for the management with minimal effort.
Great customer service allows to solve issues and get my questions answered without any wait time.

Pros

The software is very easy to use, the screens are very intuitive and user-friendly. The information presented in a very clean and efficient form, screens are easy to navigate and understand.
The platform offers a variety of services from payroll management, payroll compliance, training, HR tools, and benefit coverage at a very competitive price.

Cons

There are some reporting that has not been fully developed yet. It is definitely not a show stopper but a very nice and convent feature to have. Since I am a system administrator and act as a VP of Finance for the company I work for, collecting data for reporting purposes is not readily available and requires massaging data.

Karen

JustWorks is amazing!!!

Reviewed on 11/9/2020

Our former payroll/benefits system was clunky, extremely manual, hard to use, and the customer serviced wasn't amazing. JustWorks literally has made our lives so much easier.

Pros

- The overall ease of use is just amazing. You can tell it was built by someone that was focused on the user experience! It's easy to use for admins and employees.
- Enrolling and viewing benefits is so clear and easy. Again, same theme, easy to understand and easy to use!
- Customer service!!! The slack channel is amazing. Everyone I've ever talked to is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable! Our account manager is also incredible. Being able to have your questions answered in minutes vs days is the best thing and it's made our lives so much easier.
- The payroll process is so simple it's almost hard to believe. Everything is automated so your payroll people don't have to spend hours redoing the same process every other week.
- Onboarding process for new hires is amazing!! It's so easy and makes it a simple process for the new hire and the employer.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with our 401(k) but we use a smaller company for our 401(k) and it's so easy to set it up a manual deduction. Not really a con in my opinion.

Christa

Incredible Admin and Employee Support

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

I have found exemplary employees in all aspects of the process (sales, onboarding rep, account rep, HR support, accounting). I feel thankful every day that I have the support and guidance of Justworks to help navigate the complexities of payroll, benefits, and compliance.

Pros

The customer service is unmatched with some of the more well known brands. The website is very intuitive, and easy to use. If you do have a problem, or question, there is no ticket system where it takes forever to get a rep. You have a dedicated, accessible account manager who is your go to, and can also work with the 24/7 support team. Instead of every question going through you as an admin, their support team is very hands on and works with your employees as well.

Cons

There have been a few limitations on the PTO system that I have had to find workarounds to, though I believe this is going to be corrected in the next few months.

Hadar

Best UI, best value for money, can upgrade their customer support

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

I'm very happy with their platform, services and prices. Chose to renew our subscription for two years in a row. Others can't compete with their great pricing and their platform.

Pros

The information is very accessible, the look and feel is 21st century compares to others I've tried in the past. I can find anything I need about employees, payroll and more within 2 minutes max.

Cons

The customer support can be better. They are very pleasant but are not always on top of things when it comes to different states or open issues. I've had to follow up with our account manager on different issues and once actually insisted on getting a new rep due to a series problem they created for us.

• Used for 2+ years

Perfect PEO for a small nonproft

Reviewed on 17/3/2020

It's a huge time-saver, and enables us to offer more benefits than otherwise possible.

Pros

It has enabled us to offer so many more benefits than previously, at a price that is much more reasonable than any previously existing PEO. It's great that it is all on a single platform, and the customer support has been very responsive.

Cons

The integration with QuickBooks online is not amazing. They need to continue to update the site for better usability, especially their reporting section. I would like more offerings and features.

Gusto and TriNet

Pricing and features.
Coralie

It's in the name. It Just Works.

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

It has solved many issues we would have otherwise run into like all payments, headcount reports, tax docs, contact info.

Pros

Super sue friendly. On demand customer service via slack or phone call. Always helpful. Excellent product, easy for admins to help their staff.

Cons

More flexibility for benefits for partime and contractors. With the rise of remote and freelance work, it would be great to be able to offer benefit packages whatever those may be as options for companies who employe many freelancers.

Darby
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Justworks Makes our Small Company Feel Large

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

Pros

By using Justworks, we have gotten access to more affordable services for our team members, including health insurance which is very difficult for a small company to provide. The software itself means that our new hire onboarding and enrollment is easy to use and something that a small company would not be able to provide on its own.

Cons

The only con I have found so far is that cost. The price you pay per employee per month is quite high to gain access to these things. I am not sure how long we will be able to do it.

Katherine

Great simple system and tool

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

I joined a company 7 months ago who had Justworks set up. I had not used the system and within a few days of being in it am a super-user of the tool. It's incredibly easy to navigate, work with and pull information from. I have extensive experience with ADP and SAP and both of those tools have so many knock on implications when something is set up that work flows are much more challenging and any slight change and mess up your system. This is so much more user-friendly - for what it is used for at my company.

Pros

The ease of use, end-user interface and ease to create and add on information to a personnel record.

Cons

Reporting functionality and record maintenance.

Amanda

Justworks for Nonprofits

Reviewed on 22/4/2022

Overall, Justworks provides a user-friendly interface and excellent customer support. Configuring settings and compliance on the back-end has proven to be a bit difficult for administrators and HR managers; however, it does provide a positive experience for front-end users.

Pros

Justworks is extremely user friendly on the front-facing end. It is easy to navigate, enter information, update user accounts, and access important records.

Cons

There are several features on the back-end that could be improved, specifically with payroll tracking for contractors and employees. Due to how Justworks calculates annual payroll on the back-end, it is very difficult to get an accurate report of the actual amounts paid out to contractors and employees. Improved reporting on the back-end financials would be very helpful for financial procedures, especially as a nonprofit subject to an annual audit.

Neil
  • Industry: Information Services

One Stop Shop

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

Aside from my suggestion above, the overall experience is excellent.

Pros

I can do most of what I need with or employees on the platform...one of my favorite aspects of JW is the ease of onboarding new hires; from signup to payrolling and I9, it's 100% goof-proof!

Cons

It would be great if there was a Human Capital Management piece. We currently use PeopleGoal for performance reviews and feedback. If we were able to manage this process in JW, it would save lots of time and resources.

Liz

Justworks is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

Pros

We switched to Justworks a little over a year ago and it was the best decision I made. It is easy to use, staff loves the customer service, and it is incredibly intuitive.

Cons

No cons. Everything works really well and customer service is awesome.