Microsoft Teams

Kristianna
  • Industry: Insurance

Microsoft Teams - Making Remote Work Possible

Reviewed on 27/6/2022

I use Microsoft Teams all day, every day to engage with my team, communicate in the remote work environment, hold video meetings to incorporate as much human interaction as possible into the virtual environment. Teams allows me to share information with my team, help them in their daily tasks, play games to lighten the workday, send praise features to celebrate their hard work, etc. Remote work would not be possible (at least on my team) without it!

Pros

I would not be able to function in my role without the consistent, daily use of Microsoft Teams. I use Teams to easily chat with my team, host online Team events, share important data, private message, host video meetings, make quick and easy phone calls, etc. I also love that there are so many add-ons that I can utilize (like the Praise feature) to engage with my team and reward productive output.

Cons

The only con that I would list would be that the emoji menu should have a recently used section. But, this is super minimal, as the selection for emojis to brighten up my team chat and engage with my team is vast!

laxmi
laxmi
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Good for kids online classes during pandemic period

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

We got to use it on daily basis as nothing best yet than this app for children online studies

Pros

We uses it daily for chat in between online class.
For online exams
For discussion in class.
my kid specially enjoys it as its the time to meet and see her school friends face to face in corona lockdown

Cons

Many things i dsnt like about this app

1)- class or exam link is broken sometimes , and we get hangs and moves to whatsapp Student group for asking help for additional link to same class/ exam

2) average people have weak internet and this app runs good only on good to strong internet ,which causes video freeze , link dsnt open , ejection of student while running class and poor audio /video quality

3) if we get ejected from class before the class going to end we dsnt see the class link anymore in calender option.. teacher get annoying at us and we explains her the
very helpless situation of app .

4)- we have to re request class link if we get ejected before the class ends, as calender option stop showing meetings links if time almost finished to re join.which is unfair

Sujitha

Makes life easier and advanced

Reviewed on 7/7/2024

It makes our life easier. Easy to use. Overall good

It makes our life easier. Easy to use. Overall good

Pros

Task assignment and track records.
Easy Communications.

Cons

Overall good and no disappointment at all

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A well-packed instant messaging and conference software by Microsoft

Reviewed on 11/9/2021

Pros

From what I heard, Microsoft Team is part of Microsoft Enterprise and it's free of charge. What I like about Microsoft Team that most would be its ease of use. Similar to other instant mesagging apps, Microsoft Teams work the same way. Type something and send it. Morever, it also features calls and video calls. For calls and video calls, you can also share your screen, and it can even be recorded. Once recorded, Teams will host it online and will notify everyone in the group that the file is ready. Moreover, when someone start a screen recording, Teams will notify everyone in the call that the call is currently recorded. It's a well-packed instant messaging and conference tool published by Microsoft, and it's free.

Cons

There are so many things that I dislike about the software that is related to its performance issue.

1) From time to time, Teams will significantly lag and cause error. For example, sending 4 messages in order A, B, C, and D, might cause the message to be delivered as B, C, A, and D. This is extremely annoying especially when used in a professional manner.

2) When browsing through the files saved on Teams, it can lag heavily. This issue also occur when searching for messages.

3) Sometimes, when trying to send a file that was sent to another chat, Teams will always state that this file already exist somewhere, would you want to replace it? This doesn't make sense as the file is sent to another chat with another person, it should be kept as a seperate file.

4) When downloading a file, Teams doesn't even show the download progress. How can I know that it is already done?

5) When video conferencing and share my screen, I can't see other people faces. This will put the speaker and the screen sharer in an awkward position where everyone see you but you don't see them. Most importantly, I won't even be able to see their reactions to my presentation.

Online meetings with Microsoft Teams

Reviewed on 10/4/2024

I've beeen using Microsoft Teams for online meetings, screen recording, and video conferences, the audio and video quality is great, but other features are not well implemented at all.

Pros

Greate audio and video quality, good integration of Microsoft products, screen recording, meeting recording.

Cons

The windows and mobile versions are too heavy, consume too much resources and it's optimized.

The perfect IT collaboration platform - MS Teams

Reviewed on 22/2/2024

Overall, it has been an amazing experience and I wont love to see what new features are we up for in the future.

Pros

I like the overall efficency of the app at everything. Also, the "grant screen access" is an amazing feature which I love.

Cons

There is a certain bug with the pc and android app is that if u connect ur Bluetooth headphones later once u have already picked a call, the headphones don't work automatically. You have to cut the call and again connect with the person.

Mona
Mona
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Teams saved lot of trouble

Reviewed on 10/10/2023

overall experience is great with Teams! We love it!

overall experience is great with Teams! We love it!

Pros

1. Screen control is the most exciting feature2. Audio and video control with Nosie cancellation mechanism is good3. self talk, auto complete the chat function

Cons

1. Loss of data during trasmission 2. Unable to copy the data properly sometimes3.lack of chat lock functionality

Janelle
Janelle
  • Industry: Judiciary
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Remote work life saver

Reviewed on 4/11/2023

Overall Microsoft Teams save me time and money. It is a very effective software. 10000% recommended.

Pros

Being able to communicate and see persons from any where in the world.

Cons

I don't have any thing that I like the least about Microsoft Teams

Kyoko

Microsoft Teams Review

Reviewed on 30/5/2024

Just it's set up in a way that employees need to click multiple times to get to the communication site, it's not user friendly to busy practitioners.

Pros

Able to communicate with team members (as long as the team members agree to click multiple times to use the site).

Cons

Needs several clicks to open up the software. Other products are readily available and easier -FaceTime, Messenger and Epic Secure Chat. The organizations need to make it more easy to use, if they want employees to use the product.

Amy

Microsoft Trans

Reviewed on 13/5/2024

Pros

The ease of use. I also really like that background screens have been added to the Home Screen.

Cons

There isn’t a least liked piece to Microsoft Trams.

Dominika

How our team uses Microsoft Teams

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Microsoft Teams serves our team well. It has all the functionalities and integrations that we may possibly need and we don't have to pay extra for it as it is part of the Office Suite. With Teams, we can do and share everything without having to go to a different tool, like Skype, Mural, Lucid Chart, SharePoint etc.

Pros

There are a few features that I personally love about teams:
1. Ability to add additional applications. In teams, you can link other apps to your team page and this way it makes Teams a one stop place for us. Not only I am able to link different kinds of Microsoft tools Powerpoint and Word, but also third party tools like Lucid Chart and Mural that we use for diagrams, Ruum for project management, Trello etc.
2. Planner tool. Planner is my favorite feature to use in Teams. It is similar to Trello and Asana, but in my opinion much better and more clear. It is easy for me to organize tasks by different criteria, have different column views, label things and color code them and link other assets in Teams to these tasks. This makes my project management part of the job really easy and quick.
3. Ability to have multiple tabs in team pages. This makes it easy to make these team pages very organized and look put together. My team has different PDFs linked as one of the team pages tabs, we use a Wiki, excel and many more.

Cons

There are a few little things, like not being able to have multiple team pages or folders open at once, for example. It also is a little buggy from time to time, for example, it wouldn't let me rename folders under certain circumstances, but would work an hour later.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

We needed a place to store files and have it be linked with other Microsoft tools.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams came as part of the Office Suite so it was easy to get and we didn't have to pay any extra money for it. It has all tools that we need.
Sean
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best Collaboration Tool for Your Team

Reviewed on 1/3/2020

Overall, I think this far surpasses Microsoft's previous tool, Skype for Business, and has brought a new level of collaboration to Microsoft. I appreciate the attention to detail that Microsoft has put into this product and feel it would be a wonderful product for teams of all sizes.

Pros

As a tax manager in public accounting, my team is virtual, mobile and ever changing. With MS Teams I am able to create virtual team channel where we can collaborate, keep files and track assignments. My very favorite feature of this software is the ability to put documents into my team channel and then work on them at the same time as my team members. For example, I can upload an excel workbook with a clients tax return workpapers and then each person on my team can be in the file working on this at the same time. This is a HUGE game changer.

Cons

All things considered, I don't have a lot of criticism about this software except for one feature. In teams, the notification options are a bit limited. For example, when I receive a message from a coworker I have two options: 1) I can get a banner notification in the bottom right of my screen that will show the name of the sender and a few lines of the message or 2) no notification at all. What I think is missing here is the ability to have a banner pop up in the bottom corner that just shows that you have a new message. My reason for this is because I am often sharing my screen or have people who can see my screen - I want to be sure that confidential information is not displayed or that a more private message is not sitting in the corner of my screen for anyone to see.

Joel
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used for 1-5 months

Decent Meeting Software But Felt Lacking

Reviewed on 23/6/2020

There was a lot we liked about Teams and a lot we didn't like. In the end, the lack of integration with Google Docs prevented us from using it as our main meeting platform, we ended up going with Google Meet there. We still use Microsoft Teams here and there for some of our meetings and it is solid software, it just didn't fit our workflow well enough to be our sole solution.

Pros

We starting using Microsoft Teams after deciding to change from Zoom. We communicate with staff all over the globe centralized in China, India & Azerbaijan. We found that while Teams worked well overall it just felt like it was behind other services. I think that is because we use Google Docs as our primary office suite, and Teams is really designed to integrate with Microsoft Office 365.

We did love how simple the meetings ran once you were in and the caption feature worked really well for us. We loved the idea of a whiteboard, although we found that we never really used it. Other abilities like turning meeting notes into action items is really cool, but again seemed to need Office 365 to really work.

Cons

Teams really needs to be paired with Microsoft Office 365 to work well in our opinion. Because we used Google Docs we found that many of the features like creating meetings and inviting other users were not as easy as other software we had used in the past. We also felt the overall video quality was a bit lacking at times and didn't seem to keep up with Zoom or Google Meet.

Google Meet

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Zoom had known security issues that caused us some real concerns. In the end we couldn't host meetings that we were not 100% sure were truly secure.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

We ended up going with a hybrid of using Google Meet for our overall internal meeting structure and using Microsoft Teams for outside groups and vendors that preferred them. It is a solution that works well for us.
Alhassan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

opens entirely new world of possibilities on how to boost productivity in team settings

Reviewed on 8/7/2021

Microsoft Teams has helped us maintain our level of productivity in these uncertain times of remote work, where team supervision and monitoring protocols have been completely overhauled. The collaboration and practical communication tools it offers has helped us improve in certain areas of our workflow.

Pros

The best thing about using Microsoft Teams is that it runs perfectly with almost all of the tools we use regularly in our day to day tasks such as the Office Tools; allowing for real time editing, sharing and location of relevant documents as meetings are being held.

Cons

The specifications that enable remote control assignment should be revised to allow for lower capacity devices capable of running Microsoft Teams to equally execute this function as well. Also, the installation process could automatically adjust the system settings of the operating system that may hinder the execution of this function fully.

Slack

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Whatsapp only facilitated communication with team members, while Teams offered an equally effective communication tool as only one of tens of other really great functions.

WhatsApp

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams was cheaper and it's range of efficiency with offline tools was better than Slack's
Nelisiwe
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Microsoft Teams

Reviewed on 12/9/2021

Easy to meet during this pandemic and has a voice and video calling option that you can use to communicate with the team or any other person within the work environment. Make it possible to share important documents and updated can be done weekly or monthly in one platform.

Pros

HIghly customize to suit all types of organizations
Can be easily integrated with the other Microsoft Office applications
Include office 365
Have other applications that can be used to link with Ms teams
High security

Cons

Customization makes it difficult to use in other platforms
Only effective for organisations using Microsoft product

Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

To be up to date with the current technology. To keep safe the company information not to be on social media platforms that do not support the business model. Due to the Covid-19, most employees are working from home it is easy for departments to communicate and ensure that all business activities continue without any compromises or delays.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Since the company is using Microsoft as the operating system it was easy to select Microsoft teams to be added to the package. this has been the best solution
Robert
  • Industry: Machinery

Getting closer to everything one could want...

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

On the whole, Teams is critical to the success of my everyday work and performs it's function well.

Pros

Teams continues to get better over time to the point that each of it's applications, say meetings for instance, is nearly on par with it's competitor's offerings; however, the advantage that Teams has is that it is an all-in-one application. As both an engineer and project manager, this multifaceted application, with a centralized file keeping system, is crucial in keeping track of everything.

Cons

There are a few features that would improve the experience:
1.) For meetings, it would be nice to be able to draw on the screen of other colleagues. The whiteboard function offered by Teams is good, but it's not quite as good as being able to draw directly on another's screen as can be done with Zoom. For engineer's, that would be a big bonus.
2.) There should be the option to add words to the dictionary, as with other MS applications. This is particularly a bit annoying for meeting notes.
3.) The search function needs a bit of work. There's not an easy way to search the words in the given application (e.g. searching for text in the meeting notes is not easy). Also, the file search isn't always that great returning confusing results sometimes. Perhaps with more customization options for the user's search (i.e. like do you want to search for files, photos, text, documents, etc.) this would be more targeted and helpful.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Probably switching to Slack and Zoom

Reviewed on 27/12/2021

Microsoft Teams does a good job. I don't want it to sound all negative, when it is a good videoconferencing solution. But, the User interface can feel a bit overwhelming, and the fact that Zoom is much more widely adopted, ultimately means that I'm likely going to switch back to Zoom, as I feel that they have done a good job of fixing the security holes that led us to switch over to Teams in the first place.

Pros

It's handy to have a software that is connected to my email provider, and it's relatively simple to use. We originally made this switch due to privacy concerns with Zoom, and it does carry out most of the functionality we need at least internally.

I do like that the default video quality is 1080p, and the number one reason for switching over from Zoom was security concerns, which Microsoft definitely does a fantastic job of. Microsoft Teams is more secure than Zoom.

Cons

It's not as widely adopted as Zoom, and so I find myself ending up using both softwares, one for internal organization and one for the public, and that ends up being inefficient and inconvenient.

I also find that Zoom is a simpler interface to use. Microsoft teams has so many different features and options that it can almost feel overwhelming. A lot of functionality seems like it ends up being an overpowered software for what we need.

Zoom Workplace and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Primarily because of security concerns with Zoom.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

They had the best combination of security and functionality, at the time we were making the switch.
Ashik
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

One of the top application for online meetings.

Reviewed on 30/1/2022

For talking online or video chatting, this has given a large section of choice. One can modify the use according to need. Hosting an online meeting has become a matter of seconds. It has synced well with google calendar. Overall his has boasted the business. The clients are too happy using such application.

Pros

This is loaded with all the necessary sections for conduction meetings online. The third party app installation is very easy and many of those are previously plugged in too. The user interface is very intuitive and has a learning curve. Video and audio quality seemed pretty good. There is option to post files in a secured section. Assignment section has given a chance to organize small tasks for team collaboration. Joining a tam is very easy as only a code is needed. Presenter in a meeting can control voice so it removes noise.

Cons

The mobile interface is slow. PC version sometimes gets disconnected. It requires high bandwidth for smooth online meetings.

Google Chat

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Zoom does not provide any additional feature of file uploading. Also the price seemed high. But Microsoft Teams comes with Microsoft 365 subscription which has saved some cost.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams is better integrated with Windows and also the price is very affordable.
Zuber

One of the Best Meetings App

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

Overall experience is Good and cons I have explained it in above section.. Those would help in improving the product.

Pros

1. Best app for meetings until now
2. Transcript works great
3. Meeting can be split into smaller rooms for discussions which is a super positive while working remotely
4. Meeting Notes feature small and powerful
5. Recording works great
6. Admin can control the mute of all the joinees
7. Video Backgrounds encourages all to switch their camera ON

Cons

1. Manor Chat missing feature is: Threads.. The continuous chats are confusing when long conversations go on. Huge drawback
2. Emojis doesn’t automatically popup when typed with colon.. Example, :thumsup doesn’t give thumsup emoji suggestion.
3. Screen sharing sometimes doesn’t work.. Even though screen is shared, other person can’t see it.
4. At times the Teams window is hidden and many find it difficult to reach the window..
5. In a Group chat there is no option to call only few.. Instead it will call all from the group

Slack and Skype

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Meetings (audio and video) are the driving factor in choosing Teams.. It is easy to use and quick to understand the features..
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

If you are a M365 user, you should be using Teams.

Reviewed on 24/4/2023

Overall, our org loves it. We use it for everything including as a business phone system. It's pretty ubiquitous and the integration we get with all MS stuff is perfect.

Pros

The integration with all other Microsoft apps and services. Teams is built on top of sharepoint and as such has a ton of integration. Add in things like power automate and power apps and you can make teams to a lot of crazy things. It's constantly adding features.

Cons

Memory and CPU usage can be high and some performance issues. MS is supposed to be releasing a new client soon that will address those issues. The preview client does appear to cut down the amount of memory and CPU used by 40% or so.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

We had the ability to integrate and roll the pricing together with our M365 licensing. It overall saved us money. The integration with sharepoint was too useful to pass up. We could also set Data Loss prevention profiles within teams and could no do so with other apps.
Galaad
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A must have for supply chain desk job

Reviewed on 8/1/2024

I am a supply chain analyst. I work with many people on the same site and other site than me. I use team daily for chat, call, web conference and screen sharing for critical operation business (supplier review, procurement crisis) and reporting.

I also use daily the task planning tool, the channel and file sharing capacity.

My organisation often host webinar and training on teams accross the whole company and I join them gladly. Despite being host online it's super dynamic and run smoothly even with dozen of viewer.

Pros

I really like Teams. Beyond chat and call functionnality the whole environnement with channel and integration of sharepoint and microsoft planner really make teams my hub for internal communication and my task planning and tracking.

I also like that teams close the distance with my colleague working full-remote or that are located in another factory or office accross the world. The output of my communication with these colleague is far better than when I was limited to strickly mail and phone from time to time.

Cons

I am disapointed that teams is only useable within my organisation. I'd like to have similar functionality (even limited) outside of my organisation for other Teams user (supplier, client) it would make life so easier.

Chethan

Review of Microsoft Teams

Reviewed on 11/10/2020

Microsoft Teams is a very good Knowledge Management tool with very nice Instant messaging and Collaboration features.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a very nice Instant messaging and collaboration software. Microsoft Teams is getting popular and many organizations have slowly started implementing the same. Microsoft Teams includes very nice features like Instant messenger which useful for the employees to chat with other co-employees within the same organization quickly and getting answers when needed. The other features are Calendar which allows the user to quickly schedule meetings, plan there schedules, Join the meetings with Audio & Video and also one can easily share their desktop or applications during the meetings. Microsoft teams also allows to have group conversations, get notifications on the chat messages, one can easily share screenshots or images during the conversation for quick clarifications, Wiki allows more than one person edit and update on the fly. One can also add the attachments required during the conversations. Microsoft Teams can be accessed through the software installed or using Browser to quickly join the meetings. One can also add other small applications within Microsoft Teams for better collaboration among the teams. Microsoft Teams also has a mobile app which allow the user to quickly join the meetings.

Cons

Microsoft Teams though very popular also has few demerits. Microsoft Teams is a proprietary product and it is a paid tool. It also has limited free version but not preferred by organizations. There are issues like Audio disturbances and sometimes it take too much time to join the meeting as the application need to load initially. In big organizations there will be more than one Instant messenger and this can create confusion. Most companies already has Skype and have started with Microsoft Teams & both do not sync and update status during meetings.

Lisa
  • Industry: Accounting

Not Zoom

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

I love being able to instantly chat, call, video chat and collaborate with colleagues. Just need it to work with Bookings and multiple accounts.

Pros

Chatting instantly with Teams members adds the “down the hall” feeling of being in the office. Being able to see and hear improved collaboration!

Cons

Switching between accounts is too cumbersome and Teams meetings created from desktop Outlook result in no one being able to start the meeting when you have multiple accounts. I NEED this to work with Office365-Bookings, but for multiple accounts! Prospects that sign up for a meeting under one user name try to log in to the meeting with their business account inly to never arrive.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Already paying to the product

Included in Office365
Christine

The best app for video/audio calls

Reviewed on 14/4/2021

Because of the Covid pandemic, physical classes are not possible, so we can only do online classes. Microsoft Teams has allowed me to collaborate with various working teams.
Through Microsoft teams, I can engage in discussions with participants locally and globally.

Pros

Ability to share screens hence the best app for online learning and conference meetings.
Allows syncing with Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
Ability to mute users with background noise.
The ability to record the sessions, so that one can revisit the session later on.
Scheduling of meetings through the Outlook calendar makes it possible to plan for meetings beforehand.
Being able to see and hear from meetings, therefore gives one the boardroom meeting feel.
Allows the participants to raise their hand to participate in the discussion.
Ability to share files on the chat section.
I like how I can turn on video so that others can see me.
I like how i can chat with participants on the chat section.

Cons

At times letting people into the meeting becomes a challenge. It keeps saying admitting failed. I would love to say that only the admins of the group can let the people into the meeting.
At times the call keeps dropping, which leads to inconveniences.
Switching between accounts is hectic since one has to keep in logging in and logging out to access the accounts. Instead of logging out, we should have a switch accounts option.
Despite being a free version, one still needs to pay in order to access all the features.

Zoom Workplace and Google Meet

It is user friendly.

MS Teams : A gift for remote work

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

I am using daily MS teams for chatting, calling, training purpose within an organisation.Without MS teams I can't even imagine a single day in office. If I am in between any issue then I can quickly call someone through teams, MS teams helped me alot during pandemic as it was not easy to complete my task virtually with my teams but thanks to MS teams. Instead of writing emails and attaching files to them MS teams allows us to share files,Emojis, GIF's and many more which is again a great thing. It is easy to use without any technical experience and customer support is also good. Also Microsoft teams allows us to create different channels where you can ask questions, share information, share updates and many more. Best tool in the market...

Pros

First of all during covid period MS teams played a big role in everyone's life, MS teams is user friendly tool and it's easy to use. You can add as much as people for meeting there is no limit that's a good thing.MS teams provides a lot of features like editing a message, deleting a message, you can invite people's for group chat, mobile accessibility. Also the best feature which I like the most is you can see the last seen or the last active status of a person so that you can ping accordingly.Screen sharing is also easy. I can say MS teams is a king in IT technology.

Cons

Sometimes MS teams behave weirdly, it got stuck then we need to close the teams and again need to restart.Sometimes I felt issues in receiving a incoming call on teams and few times after receiving a call I faced some connectivity issues like I can hear a person who is in call with me but that person can't hear me . So, if all those issues can be rectify then it will be great