Cornerstone LMS

4.1/5
3.9/5
4.0/5

• Industry: Wholesale

An excellent way to organize and provide employee training.

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

We have used the Learning module for a few years and added in the performance and recruiting modules. My focus is on the Learning and Core modules.

Pros

There is so much we can do to improve our employee education / training with the system.

Cons

We are not using the software to it's full extent so there is a lot of clean up to do. We are also part of a larger corporation so I'm not able to use some of the new features without assistance from the lead organization.

Matt
  • Industry: Accounting

Great product, and very easy to use!

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

So far, my overall experience with Cornerstone has been great. From my side focusing on learning, we've really be working on getting over the hurdle of getting learners to take trainings that aren't required of them. This tool (and playlists + learner home) have really helped us accomplish this.

Pros

The thing that I like most about the software is how easy it is to learn, and pick up on. When I came into this role, I had no prior cornerstone or LMS experience, but it was super easy for me to learn and navigate. Highly recommend Cornerstone to those who are looking for a new provider.

Cons

There really isn't anything that sticks out that I like least about the software. Their support model can be tricky to deal with from time to time, but that's about it honestly.

SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone LMS

Not quite sure, wasn't with the firm at that time.

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

The major reason that we chose Cornerstone in the end was because they were a slightly smaller company than SuccessFactors, and we really felt that we could have an impact with some of our suggestions and changes to their future enhancements.
Travis
  • Industry: Computer Games

Great Bones, Needs Some Work

Reviewed on 15/11/2021

Overall we are happy with CSOD Learning, but there is so much more that can be improved. Their support has also gotten better over the last few months, but it is still severely lacking in quality.

Pros

There is a great underlying structure to Cornerstone Learning. The functionality is there and they are some very powerful features to help with automation and managing learning for your organization.

Cons

The presentation is not great. The front end is serviceable, but the back end needs some coordination and simplification to be a really great product. They are addressing some of this with Xplor, but since it's an additional cost, be prepared for that.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Higher Education

Robust learning management system

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

We have been pleased with the ability to consolidate our learning offerings/tracking and the ability to automate our assignments and emails. This has streamlined our efforts and saved staff time doing manual processes.

Pros

I like that we can have all of our required trainings in one system and can automatically assign them to our learners along with sending automated emails. It is great to be able to run reports out of one system to track learning. I am also excited to see where we will be using the tool in the area of Skills.

Cons

The evaluation tool is not that easy to use and the reporting is basic level. It needs to be an area of focus.

Angie

Trying out a new LMS!

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Pros

This program offers a lot more options than our previous Learning Management System, including more interaction for employees. It is also easier to include other resources.

Cons

There was a large learning curve and we had several different supporters of our transition, which made it difficult to build a partnership and learn from the support we were provided since we had to catch up our newly assigned client manager.

Moodle LMS

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone LMS

ClubConnect wasn't meeting our needs for the number of employees we have as we developed more training.

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

Overall functionally and price.
Phillip
  • Industry: Dairy

Best in class

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

I've been a user for many years. I like the product, and believe the company is always striving to move forward.

Pros

The user community is the beast thing about this product. It's huge and people like to share. Cornerstone is a great partner for the community as well.

Cons

The inconsistent support experience. Most of the time it's great, but too often it is slow or not responsive at all.

SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone LMS

Growing company, and needed a new product to meet our needs

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

Best in class, and we already used the other modules of the product.
Jocelyn
  • Industry: Building Materials

The most flexible tool I've seen

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Overall after careful analysis we have remained with Cornerstone as they provide the most flexibility and options to train our diverse workforce.

Pros

There is a tremendous amount of flexibility in the tool to address various audiences. We are able to use our PeopleSoft user data to funnel what is seen by whom, assigned to whom, etc.

Cons

With the flexibility comes a lot to learn. It takes quite a while to become proficient in all the areas of the tool.

Absorb LMS, Brainier LMS and Docebo

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

Cornerstone can do all the customization we need!
Yaniv

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Overall one of the best systems in the market.
Will handle almost any use case and most of every org learning needs.

Pros

Very robust
Greate with automation
Greate for compliance tracking
Flexible for admins to configure

Cons

Usability issues for end-user sometimes (too many clicks to get to the learning)
Lack of some key features like Vimeo, MP3, and HTML learning item types.

Moodle LMS and Docebo

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

Flexibility for admins and scalability for large organizations
Kristen
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

The customer service and implementation team was very helpful and professional throughout our journey.

Pros

I love the ease of this product and how functional it has been for our organization.

Cons

There really was only one function that we weren't able to implement through Cornerstone, however we are managing around it.

SAP Business ByDesign

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

Cornerstone was simply a better option for our work needs.
Jamie
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Quality product, poor support, costly price tag

Reviewed on 24/5/2018

We use Cornerstone LMS to manage our global employee training. It supports SCORM tutorials, videos, and materials, as well as robust reporting.

Pros

Full functionality for an LMS. Can integrate with many other Enterprise systems. New learner experience features are bringing a modern approach to corporate learning. They have started to support xAPI.

Cons

Their Global Product Support has had issues for several years. Response times on tickets are bad.

The cost can be quite high compared to other LMS companies. They demnd a certain percentage increase each year even if it isn't justified.

Che
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Robust Features and Ability for Customization

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

As a new administrator to CSOD there was a big learning curve to full understand and apply the features within the organization.

Pros

I like the fact that you can create custom pages within the system.

Cons

That your options and ability of what you can custom or modify is limited and/or not documented

Microsoft SharePoint and Built for Teams

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

Existing contract, limited options/abilities with other platforms
Sara

Cornerstone OnDemand

Reviewed on 20/7/2020

Our business use for this was tracking regulatory training for roughly 12 trainers in the health care field. This is also where people could sign up for in-person training whether that was a leadership class, CPR, etc. We were starting to use it for succession planning - although I feel we could have just used PowerPoint. We didn't use it for performance although we looked into it.

Pros

This is a flashy LMS. It looks great to the user. For a large organization, this was helpful with tracking regulatory trainings and more. It has all the bells and whistles.

Cons

The reason I would never recommend this to a colleague is because of the price and admin functions. First, the price. We were shown from the beginning, everything the system could offer, which we obviously loved, but shame on us for not asking additional questions. What we saw and what we got were different. For additional pricing, we could add on. Even customer service hours were charged. In the end this costed triple what we originally thought.

Furthermore, my second issue was the admin functionality. It was extremely complicated. We had 12 trainers working on the back end to get it implemented, on top of that we eventually hired 3 full time employees to work on the admin part for upgrades, running reports, etc. That is obviously another cost.

As much as the system was user friendly... It wasn't worth the cost when there are plenty of learning management systems that are user and admin friendly, for less.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Higher Education

Cornerstone Learning has been essential to our learning culture!

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

Cornerstone is a great partner to work with. I have been so pleased with our main contacts over the years and I feel that they truly do advocate for us and help us achieve of institutional goals. Their tier 1 support is 5 stars- I've never been disappointed with the help and attention I receive from tier 1. I do think that tier 2 support could take some pointers from tier 1, as this year I have not been happy with how a couple of my escalated tickets were handled. I will say that I wrote in feedback about this and Cornerstone immediately contacted me to gather information. They are truly a responsive company that I have enjoyed working with for almost 6 years.

Pros

I love the versatility of it. There isn't just one way to do something. We have come up with creative ways to achieve and end goal. I also LOVE the Cornerstone Success Center and the Knowledge Base. It's so amazing how theyve built a community of their customers that's actually engaging and helpful!

Cons

The system itself is not difficult to learn. Just like any other system, you have to learn it and get comfortable with it. I also dislike that some of the functionality is antiquated (like groups) or just looks "old" (like the test engine). Cornerstone is making strides in updating pieces of the system and we have been so happy with their updates in reporting, the LAT, the content uploader, and Edge.

Shelly

Cornerstone On Demand - Full Suite

Reviewed on 5/5/2021

Pros

Learning/Performance/ATS/Succession all in one place.
Customization, allows you to really think outside the box to meet use cases.
Robust curriculum builds
Versatile checklist, we use for skills and onboarding
Certification tracking
Easy of use for end users
Reporting - love the recently updated reporting 2.0
Performance Evaluations, very smooth process and easy to account for multiple steps and calibration.

Cons

Customer Service, while improving is still not timely.
ATS, while improving there are several issues to work though. The largest being how rehires are handled.
External Registrants being seen as internal causes system issues

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Shelly, thank you for leaving a review! We are happy you see value in having multiple Cornerstone products. They were meant to work together and make your organization successful, while making it easy for end users. Customer service is a big focus for us currently. We are dedicated to improving our response times and overall support. I hope you continue to see improvement with support and our recruiting product. Thank you for being a loyal customer.

Michelle
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Cornerstone OnDemand is my new best friend

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Pros

Cornerstone OnDemand is a great product to use for learning.
The specific way I use the product at this time is to deliver, track, and record keep all the compliance training that is provided to each employee.
The new Reporting 2.0 tool has an amazing functionality called Exception Reporting.
This allows you to ensure that all persons required to take a training have in fact been assigned the training. This is extremely helpful to ensure that no employee is missed and everyone meets their annual training requirements. Additionally, Cornerstone has an amazing group of individuals that are available when you have a question. There are multiple ways to get assistance, from online Help Center to over the phone Office Hours to topic specific training with their trainers.
I highly recommend using Cornerstone OnDemand as your next LMS.

Cons

I don't like that when you 'page back' you have to re-enter your criteria. It would be great to be able to go back one page and have your selections be there and not have to start over. I'm sure they are working on a fix though.

Nuno
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

A compliance and validation oriented product (LMS)

Reviewed on 21/4/2021

The main reason we continue over 8 years now with Cornerstone, is mainly with the robustness of the overall product and their management team working with us.

It's rare to say this, but they do listen to their customers and try always to adapt to the needs, which in our case are to meet a very high compliance level.

Pros

The continuous improvement of the overall product and even more that some improvements are directly linked to Customers feedback.

Cons

The administration/configuration is not on-par with the rest of the product. It feels less polished and administrators might go through quite some time and clicks to be able to configure a certain feature.

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Nuno, thank you for your honest review. We are happy to hear the product continually evolves and are proud that our customer feedback plays a part in that. We take customer suggestions seriously since you all use the product extensively. Our system is highly configurable and I can understand that might challenging for admins. I'm so happy to read that you feel heard by Cornerstone and that we take your needs seriously. Thank you for being a great customer!

Casey
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Customizable and User-Centric

Reviewed on 16/8/2019

The use of Cornerstone has been instrumental in changing the training culture of our social services agency, which relies on flexible training delivery to staff who's time is limited and most often needed elsewhere.

Pros

Cornerstone has created and outlet for users across varied companies to collaborate and advocate for new and/or improved features. I have seen requested features come to fruition in their regularly scheduled feature updates that are rolled out several times a year.

Cons

In regards to training and support, Cornerstone definitely prioritizes some functionality over others. When working in the Certification Management area, I have rarely communicated with anyone who I would call an expert. I have often gotten the odd look and the blow off when I expressed my need for assistance in this area.

Chelsea

Solid LMS and LXP

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Pros

The reporting features are the best part of the LMS. Not only can you get any information you need, but you can customize the reports to fit your needs exactly.

Cons

Tracking certifications is a struggle and overly complicated.

• Industry: Legal Services

Cornerstone across the years

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Very positive. In the last 20 years I have worked with Saba, Sum Total, and Cornerstone. This has been exclusively Cornerstone for the past 12 years. I'm sure that says something!

Pros

It is functionally rich with a clear and visible roadmap of future product development and in recent years clients have had some level of influence and input into this.

Cons

It is a hugely configurable platform which is both a strength and also a weakness, particularly when first implementing. Rapid innovation in emerging areas such a skills and learning in the flow of work whilst critical, does carry the cost of leaving some parts of the platform looking a little tired and in need of overhaul (e.g. managing events and sessions).

Tanya
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Cornerstone has made our training lives so much easier

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Cornerstone LMS has been a lifesaver for our training. We love that we can upload our own trainings, assign out to all employees (2000) and have a record of them reviewing the product. We , as a law enforcement agency, find it very important to have accurate record of training especially for law suits.

Pros

Once we figured out how to use Cornerstone it has been very easy to use. We have multiple training managers and the product has been easy to teach to many others. Our employees have found it convenient and easy to find available training.

Cons

Some of the set up process has been difficult to figure out. Creating certification or attestation forms has been difficult.

Holly

Cornerstone is the Best LMS Solution We've Found

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Love it! Easy to use, robust, great courses.

Pros

Cornerstone is the most innovative and easy to use of all the systems we have tried.

Cons

I wish it were easier to upload the OnCourse compliance courses. Other than that... no complaints

Melissa

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Overall, cornerstone has been very useful in creating and tracking our content, specifically with the mandatory training. When we have inspections, either planned or not, we are able to pull the requested information quickly and easily.

Pros

It is easy to track learners and education on small and large scale. The ability to control permissions on who has access to features is key.

Cons

I appreciate the copy down option, but think it would be very impactful to also be able to copy up instead of re create the content.

Valerie
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Really need a reliable LMS for company needs

Reviewed on 9/9/2019

I would enjoy more training on every functionality that we may not know that we are using.

Pros

We hold all learning transcripts on the LMS. We build courses and assign all learning to every employee. We love the reporting function and constant updates.

Cons

It is hard to get the right information when you need it immediately. If you join a call for questions, most of the times it is full and you have to wait until the next day. The person who sells it to you doesn't support you after.

Nicolas
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Efficient SaaS tool, used since more than 8 years

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

Pros

Quite efficient and complete learning solution
Continuous new features on recruitment to be highest than the average of the market
Implementation performed by Cornerstone and an integrator (in 2010 and 2015)
Dedicated points of contact : 1 for commercial, 1 for technical
Security role management

Cons

Still some delays to get answer on support (~2-3 days)
Wait some features improvements to improve administrative action in the system.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Innovative Platform and Great Client Community

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

We've seen more user driven learning and a more comprehensive approach to tracking training in a standardized and consistent manner across a large, globally diverse organization.

Pros

Their client community and resources offered to clients for support, connection, and training is great.

Cons

Some aspects are not as intuitive as I'd like but Cornerstone is always listening to their customers and enhancing based on that feedback.