Write a Review!
Job management software for trades and service businesses

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.6/5

Chris
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Fergus just works incredibly well. Reliable floorless syncing with Xero, Best I have seen.

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

Time sheet Tracking for me and staff, organised and nice looking quotes, quote acceptance via email, Mobile invoicing if needed, a way of back costing jobs fast and easily.

Pros

Upto a few years ago a big part of my business was running blind so I went hunting for a software management program to get us sorted. I tried nearly every program on the market from Tradify, Workflo Max, Service m8, GeOp and many more, I even doubled back and trialed some of them again. I ran through several jobs in each software program but just couldn't find a program that would do what I needed. They all had helpful features but none of them were as fitting as Fergus. Fergus just works well, and is getting better all the time. Quotes are a breeze and invoicing takes me about 30 mins a day. I love using fergus and recommend to any business as a must have.

Cons

The software does everything I need to run my business so cant see any cons. Would be nice if the software had a faster GPS tracking system but I am sure this will come in time.

Gregg

Has been a game changer for our business, i wish it was around 10 years ago!

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Invoicing and quoting are much less of chore and can now be done much quicker than before. This has resulted in an improved cash flow for or business.

Pros

Tracking and entering costs (both labor and materials) has made our invoicing and quoting much more accurate. Being able to set up favorite item lists makes quoting much less of a chore than it used to be as items can be just selected from a pre made list and added where needed.

Our wholesalers send us daily CSV files with our purchases which are then uploaded directly to Fergus. The Job numbers are all linked already so its just a matter of clicking a button and the materials are automatically assigned to the job and corresponding site visit.

Pricelists are also uploaded from our wholesalers so prices for thousands of items are available instantly and are up to date. This means jobs can be invoiced quickly and on site if need be.

We also use Xero for our accounting software and Fergus integrates perfectly with it.

Cons

Integration with the Xero employee pay function is the only thing lacking. At the moment all our employee times are entered into Fergus for each job then each week their hours need to be enetered into Xero again for the pay cycle. It would be great if they talked to each other so we didnt have to do it twice.

Response from Fergus Software

Love that we are changing your business! Thanks for the review Gregg.

Theo

Really enjoy using Fergus and it has become an essential tool for my business

Reviewed on 15/1/2018

Pros

We really like the software as it keeps all job files, materials, labour and communication in one easy to reach system.
Its great for all staff to be able to have access to the same job information and progress.

Cons

The favourites and custom price book features seem to need a lot more work to make them easier to use, for example it would be much easier if we could add a line item or multiple line items from a quote into either favourites or the custom price list by selecting the line items in the quote. Also if you could save a favourite/ custom price book item, then edit it slightly and save the new favourite under a sub heading.

Posie

User friendly and good support

Reviewed on 2/7/2019

As mentioned, our previous software didn't allow us to do variations within one job, which then skewed our reporting and made invoicing a nightmare. With Fergus this is no longer an issue, freeing up more time to spend building our business.
Support was another of our big issues. The team at Fergus are friendly, helpful and available. We have been made to feel valued as a customer.
If you are looking at changing providers, at least give Fergus a call to see if they fit your business. We are glad we did!

Pros

Fergus is a User friendly software. Right from the start, from importing & transferring existing data, through to the day to day use. The initial training was great - targeting each area we needed assistance with, to ensure we get the most out of the system. The ongoing support is good with a useful help button directing us to documentation, as well as the helpdesk team and one-on-one with our CS Manager, when needed. Really friendly and approachable team.
Working within a Job is easy through the app or online . We enjoy the flexibility with quoting and invoicing - being able to present these in various formats for individual customers. The Status Board is useful as this gives an overall view of where all jobs are at. It's then easy to drill down into these for a deeper look.
Being able to do variations within a job has been invaluable to us - our previous software didn't allow this.

Cons

Fergus are pro-active in continuing to develop their software, and we appreciate that not every single thing we would like is available, but they do listen and send our requests through to their development team. One small thing is being able to charge out 'unpaid' time on a job, within timesheeting. We can work around this, but it's a bit clunky for us.
It would be good to have a quicker turnaround on the online support at times. However, after mentioning this, we have experienced a good improvement.

Tristan
  • Industry: Utilities

Fergus has made our lives a lot easier since moving from workflowmax. Much less manual...

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

Speeding up invoicing, better tracking of old jobs via photos/notes etc.

Speeding up invoicing, better tracking of old jobs via photos/notes etc.

Pros

Entering time sheets, phone tracking, integration with our suppliers csv files, linking to xero, favourites lists with materials, photo attachments. Staff reply relatively quickly to any queries and seem happy to help. System seems to constantly grow, many new features since we first signed up.

Cons

Compliance's could do with some more auto-fill features like drop downs on frequently submitted parts. Off-line ability when it comes to filling in times on a job when you're out of service and searching jobs. Apprentice on entry level subscription cant search for jobs unless he is assigned to it which is a pain (has no search bar option at all). Quotes and estimates could do with being a bit more separate as we have a different blurb at the bottom for quotes than estimates and I have to alter it if its an estimate because we use the quote template blurb. Be nice if on the desktop version you could add multiple people to a time entry like you can on the mobile version

Sonya
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Streamlining Made Easy - now everything is one place customers/supplier docs/ invoicing. Easy...

Reviewed on 10/7/2017

Time and everything else said in the review.

Time and everything else said in the review.

Pros

A complete all round package you only need this and your accounting package. I use Fergus and Xero which integrate seamlessly together and the system can be accessed any time anywhere. Now that everything has moved from paper to cloud - nothing gets missed! Everything is loaded directly against the job and you can track your profitability throughout the project. NO more backcosting! Plus, all the timesheets are loaded for payroll - everything in the one place. But best thing is being able to call and talk to someone on the other end of the phone. Its great to be able to talk through a process and solve a problem quickly so I can return to business and get the job done.

Cons

That you are unable to change the colour of the text to make a point. For example it would be great if we could use red printing for the customers that are bad debtors and therefore when they phone a job in - it would be noticeable and easy to see.

Amy
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A far easier way to run the day to day of your business.

Reviewed on 1/9/2021

I’ve pretty much gone completely paperless - the calendar and task feature is my diary. The customer support is epic and I love using this software. It’s been a game changer for me.

Pros

How it keeps track of 99% of everything I need to run the day to day side of my business. I dunno how I managed with out it. Everything is attached to the job electronically and you can go back and look up what you need.

Cons

There’s no inventory to track the left over materials from a job to reassign them to another

Simpro

Reasons for Switching to Fergus

The customer support is top notch.
jason
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

excellent

Reviewed on 26/4/2018

Pros

simple to use and ease of use. makes my business much smoother. typing this message is now annoying me.

Cons

would be nice if customers had access to post notes on a job , so as we can monitor all correspondence.
would be good if one person could insert hours for multiple persons on the online version and not app version (one click does all workers)
being able to insert your own test certificates and compliance certificates (Australia) is a massive miss.

when creating an invoice and importing workers hours it would be good if the description of what each worker did next to their hours so the client can understand what each worker has done, at the moment the hours and the job description are in different areas.

Ipad pro does not let you type in lower font when entering materials to a job

A
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Fergus review

Reviewed on 1/3/2017

We love Fergus - very flexible, saves us a ton of time with processing and scheduling. Could do with a bit of modification around statements/customer invoicing/payments and also the number of clicks to navigate around the site but overall an excellent app and we highly recommend it!!

Pros

ALmost everything. It saves us a heap of time with scheduling and processing jobs. It is easy to use and reliable. There is alot of capacity to communicate with both customers & employees within the app. Reporting is a breeze and at a click of a button. Excellent

Cons

There are only two things - sometimes it takes more clicks than necessary to navigate around the website which is a bit of a pain. And the invoicing/statements functionality and payments process could be improved - I currently can't select for a statement for a certain time frame within a customers account and it would be good to be able to record payments at the time of invoicing instead of ok'ing the invoice and then having to process the payment.

Reviewed on 29/8/2018

Overall Fergus has been brilliant to use. I have used a couple of other systems in the past while working in other companies and Fergus seems easier to use, more straight forward. It's been perfect since we went out on our own, it was easy to learn the system, it works well with Xero. I've recommended it to a few companies.

Pros

The software is so easy to learn and use. It's accessible on my phone & Ipad so I can check information and jobs anywhere. It works perfectly with Xero.

Cons

There's no way to track van stock. And recently I could add another customer who had the same name as an existing customer.

Deborah
  • Industry: Medical Devices

I love love Fergus. It has made my job as admin/ops manager role so much easier.

Reviewed on 10/5/2017

A big reduction in time spent on invoicing, the ability to manage jobs better. Time sheets that show the staff's productivity, reporting options for WIP is very valuable at end of month.
Less data input, ability to load purchase invoices and then they can be uploaded to Xero, ability to add photos and notes to jobs, the list goes on - I Love Fergus!!

Pros

I can now manage my time much better with the jobs costings completed in a timely manner for invoicing and can track jobs so much easier.
The reduction in data entry for invoicing is huge for me, as is the reduction of paper I had to juggle!!!. There is less chasing up of staff as to what parts they used, makes the staff much more accountable and so great to be able to see how much of their time is chargeable/nonchargeable
Also what made this system easy for me to pick up was the excellent training provided by their customer support has been awesome.
I'd fully recommend training sessions soon after you sign up, the tutorials are good too, as is the chat button when I had a query.
I wish we had gotten onto this software ages ago.....
I do so love it, thanks, Fergus!!!

Cons

Some parts weren't that user-friendly for starters until you knew what was what from Training sessions.
eg where it looks like the box is already ticked, but it means you have to click on it, I'd rather the box was empty and then you tick it for completion.
Also some of the font colours - grey - do make things a bit tricky, don't know why it couldn't all be black and the more important bits in bold??

Andrew

Reviewed on 21/9/2018

The best part about Fergus is having everything related to a job in the one app, which can be accessed from your office computer as well as any other smart device you have it installed on.

Pros

It has everything I need to use on a daily basis and allows me access to all my site notes, photos, and day sheets remotely so I can always access what I need to know about any job quickly. This program allows quotes/estimates, invoicing, supplier documents, day sheets and employee trackers all in the one program.
Fergus sends all sales and purchase data entered directly to some accounting software. Easy importing of supplier documents.

Cons

I have found the GPS to be a little slow to load. Also the fact invoices can't be easily edited after approved can be a little frustrating.

Jonathan

Fergus save the day

Reviewed on 9/12/2018

Wonderfully encouraging

Wonderfully encouraging

Pros

I’ll keep it simple and straight to the point.
If you don’t use Fergus then you are missing out big time.
I’m nearly at the end of my fourth year in business with a busy little maintenance Plumbing business. Being a newbie I’ve made lots of mistakes that have cost me a small fortune. Not having Fergus to date is the biggest one.
It makes your operation , what ever it may be , run smoothly and have structure. It’s easy to pick up , with a brief training session the crew and office are off and away . I’m on the tools so I see it from both sides . Admin had a fair amount it of set up but once all the computers and programmes got talking to each other and Fegus was live we haven’t looked back because to do so is mind blowingly surprising. How the hell did the office girl stay sane.
If you are in two minds, just do it. You won’t regret it, you will cringe when you look back but in saying ,you’ll never look back

Cons

It’s hard at first when you get to end of job and have to make up a gear list when used to racing off to next emergency.but that’s a good thing , right

Colin
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

great to use. you can access your jobs from anywhere even out of the office

Reviewed on 15/1/2018

Our business is now more organised and we are able to allocate different areas of the job process to different staff members as their job function requires eg quoting, doing the job, invoicing, etc.
lt cut right back on paper work and the hours entering supplier invoices into the correct jobs -now done automatically.

Pros

The access to all the job files even when out of the office using a tablet.
The pictorial view of all your jobs and at what stages they are at.
The ease of importing your supplier invoices directly into a job.
The help support is good and reasonably quick.

Cons

importing materials into an invoice when extra materials are added after the invoice is started, you have to re-import the whole lot again.
On the schedule calendar there is no ability to indicate if a job time that is scheduled if it is fixed or floating.

todd

best out there by far

Reviewed on 30/3/2018

Pros

job costing, ease of crm, estimating, notes and history which recently helped me win a case in court for a customer refusing to pay based on lies. Not a problem with this software, every little detail is tracked.

Cons

no ability to set budgets for site visits or tasks. They set an auto budget based on how you built the estimate however that does little for me at all. I dont have the ability to change, assign or track the budget other than using a spreadsheet and manually inputting them. They have all the data right there it seems silly I have to do this and it would be a Huge Benefit.

Caleb

Great product

Reviewed on 30/5/2020

Pros

Easy to use. Great for keeping track of jobs. Easy to invoice.

Cons

Would like to have more of a stock management section to the software.

Tradify and Simpro

Response from Fergus Software

Thanks for the review Caleb! I've noted a feature request for stock management.

Howard
  • Industry: Utilities

Very easy to use once it was set up. Anything new you need time to learn.

Reviewed on 19/7/2018

Saved the planet of paper. Increased profitability

Saved the planet of paper. Increased profitability

Pros

No paperwork. Photos able to be attached to jobs. Fergus talks to xero and merchants. Good calendar system.

Cons

No stock file. Photos are no longer able to be enlarged on phone. Notes on quotes cannot tag a persons name at the end of the list. Cannot pick out a supplier to look up a stock item like we can on the desk top

Steven

life Changing

Reviewed on 8/7/2018

Pros

keeps all the jobs in order and helps give me an overall picture of how the job is going with a click of the button

Cons

The time sheet user can't search for created jobs if not assigned or add photos (not sure if that is a setting issue) . Feels like they are very limited but yet a full user is too much for their position level.

Hayden

Fantastic, easy to use trade software

Reviewed on 6/8/2018

Pros

This system is user friendly and makes light work of all the paperwork required to keep a trade business running. It is packed full of features which help keep operations streamlined.

Cons

As a total trade management software the only feature that we feel is missing is stock management.

Cameron

Life changing

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Best job management software I have seen

Best job management software I have seen

Pros

Import invoices and allocate to jobs a and send to accounting software worth the money alone.
Price lists imported

Cons

No uk suppliers offer an API gateway
No uk gas certificates built in
No phone support available
Only video training

Mark

Excellent Value, Versatility and Reporting Ability

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Financial and operational hour tracking from weekly to monthly financial reports.

Provides the...

Provides the capability to break down profit and loss statements in detail that gives you the ability to improve in areas

Pros

Very user friendly and ability to provide accurate progress reporting on multiple projects.

Cons

Its excellenet from my perspective with no complaints

Casey
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Excellent job and invoice manegement system

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

overall very usefull for job management

overall very usefull for job management

Pros

The dashboard. The ability to see how many jobs are we are committed to, what stages these jobs are at, what needs invocing, whats been invoiced and whats overdue. excellent to know whats going on in one glimpse.

Cons

no map function. would be great see where our site address that are loaded into Fergus on one map this could increase efficiency of our servicing and we can service more clients in the same area. Also would be good to have a report that pulls a list of all archived jobs.

Ross

Fergus Review

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

Love the job management

Love the job management

Pros

The Calendar, ease to do and invoice and love how easy to import invoices, photos,plans

Cons

The Cost has gone up since I started using it. Certificates should be free

Steve

Overall experience has been great, has made our company a lot more efficient and transparent

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

Pros

Reporting and the ease to use it. Its transparencies and accountability has help us become a better company and manage our jobs at a higher level.
The amounts of updates done to further improve the software is impressive.

Cons

At the moment when generating from quote in purchase orders it generates upside down which is annoying.

Andrew

Fergus Review

Reviewed on 30/11/2019

Fergus have been very helpful. The support team are easy to get a hold off and are very good to deal with

Pros

Ease of use, simplicity of the status board helping you track all current and upcoming job from start to finish.

Cons

The app could do with some better technology.