Employment Hero

Connecting employers and employees in the new world of work

4.6 /5 (131 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
4.4
Rania A.
Industry: Legal Services

Soltuion to our Cost Centre Reporting!

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

We've been using Employment Hero for more than two years now. We started with one entity and then decided to move all our entities to it. The HR and Payroll platforms are very easy to navigate. We very much benefited from the Cost Centre Reporting and integrating that with our Bookkeeping software made our reporting very easy. The HR platform is our employees first point of contact to find any data about our organisation, policies and procedure, agreements... etc. On top of that most of our employees are finding it much easier to track their Leave balances and status through the mobile app.
The Online Support is very quick in general and there is always a solution to any query we put through to the team,
Overall, a great deal to our organisation!

Pros

Most likeable feature we found in the system for our organisation is the easy integration of our Bookkeeping software and the ability to import the payroll journal. That made our cost centre reporting very easy and accurate.

Cons

It would be great if it can be linked to the Outlook Calendar!

Milly A.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

The no-brainer HR & Payroll option

Reviewed on 17/2/2020

Employment Hero is a paperless systems which is great for where our business is heading. It has both a HR and Payroll platform that integrate with each and it quite reasonably priced for the size of our business. For a business that is has never had a great HR system, this ticks all the boxes. Still learning the system being only 6 months in, but keep surprising myself with what I find and can do. I love how it is so modern compared to our old system and what's even better it works with the awards so I sure never to miss a beat with compliance again!

Pros

What I love most about employment hero is the flexibility as the payroll admin to change the platforms to suit our business requirements. The feel and look is modern and both HR & Payroll work together. The most handy point though is the fact it can be set up on the award and another plus is also the paperless HR system which is so more time efficient and has a better track record. And we can't forget the app that work seamlessly with the platforms - this has definitely change my HR role for the better.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to navigate, but I can put this down to just still in training. I can obviously reach out to support, but this is only through a ticketing system, which sometimes all you want is to pick up the phone and speak to somebody - maybe there is this option, I am not sure yet.
Also the currently there are two apps operating, if this was all on the one app, I wouldn't ever not recommend employment hero - it would be the only HR & Payroll option that's for sure.

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Milly,

Thank you for taking the time to review Employment Hero! We're really excited to see that you've had such an amazing experience with the platform and are reaping all the benefits of streamlined HR and payroll functions.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding support. Because there are so many different ways that the platform can be used by so many different and diverse businesses, support can be delayed during busy periods. We're expanding our support team as we speak and implementing new strategies to improve our response times.

Ben N.

Great product

Reviewed on 24/2/2020

It's been great and now that is in place we haven't looked back, however onboarding was a difficult process

Pros

HR coupled with Payroll covers many boxes that we have to deal with. User-friendly for our team members and the transparency creates confidence across the company. We like the adaptability of the development team and the improvements we've seen over the past two years. As a whole, it has produced efficiencies across the team for payroll & compliance that ahs been well worth the effort.

Cons

We implemented the system in mid-2018. We found at that time that creating payroll rules when you're outside of an award can be very challenging, especially when you have to learn how the categories affect each other and you're trying to mesh everything to existing agreements. The platform could do with information links for each step that detail the exact impact of changing each rule. Sometimes a change could create a cascade of unintended consequences (this may have changed). If we had to go back fix something now, we'd have to relearn why certain things were done.

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with Employment Hero. Having been using the platform for almost two years, your feedback is great to see and we're glad to hear your employees find the platform easy to use. Improving transparency and efficiencies are great wins!

Thank you also for your feedback regarding setting up your own payroll rules. You now have first-hand experience into how complicated the modern award system is - so many variables that affect one another! Your suggestion for warnings is great and I've passed it on to our product team.

Have a lovely day,

Rachel L.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Employment Hero Review

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

The on boarding off staff has become so much easier compared to manually entering forms and employee information in the system. We also utilise the payroll feature and the payroll team we work with are brilliant too. A lot easier to collate items such as policies, collect employee documents and track their document expiry dates for compliance purposes much easier. Also much easier to track probation periods with the reminders.

Pros

I like it’s easy to use, the HeroShop (now My Benefits -> Discounts) is brilliant and adds a benefit for employees, issuing employee documents and on boarding them is very simple and saves us so much time otherwise spent on manual on boarding. Leave management, timesheet management very simple and straightforward. Reporting features is great too, to find out staff insights such as headcount numbers etc. Any queries I have or issues with the system the support team is very helpful too!

Cons

Occasionally when I email employment contracts to staff they have difficulty with finding this email in their junk mail / spam / inbox. Some are not able to find this at all. I usually have to then send the contract manually. There’s no way to resend the contract once it has sent, so perhaps a feature such as send a staff member a reminder email to sign their contract could be beneficial. Some staff have trouble uploading their certifications, perhaps by incorrectly dating or using the wrong document format (e.g. Not PDF). I think having more features on the phone app too would be great because majority of staff use employment hero on their phones only because it’s quicker and more convenient. For First or secondary managers, if they can lodge leave on behalf of their staff via the mobile app, I think that’d be a brilliant addition to the phone app.

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of Employment Hero! It's a huge help to others looking for their own people management platform. It's great to see we've saved you so much time with your HR admin and that you've found the support team so helpful.

We appreciate your detailed feedback about the system too. It is possible to remind pending employees about their contract - I'll send you an email now to show you how.

Thank you again and we'll be in touch shortly.

All the best,

Kerry S.
Industry: Real Estate

Love the platform, makes on boarding new employees a breeze.

Reviewed on 8/3/2018

Time - This software has saved my sanity in on boarding new employees and now we have over 100 staff its great that they can update their details themselves.

Pros

Ease of use, great on boarding tool, cuts the contract time down considerably, Great task list features, good reporting functions as you can customize easily. Collates all the employee information meaning accounts aren't left to chase down these items from employees.

The employees love the platform too as it has all their information for them in one place and they all love the Annual Leave function

Cons

I would like to be able to assign certain sections to other employees - for example it would be good if the accounts staff could view "Employee Bank Details" without having access to any other information

I would also like to be able to amend and upload (or delete) our own contracts rather than having to go through the support team every time - Support are great if I am not in a rush as it normally take 24-48 Hours to turn around, but if I just need to alter something quickly it would be nice to add and remove myself

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for giving Employment Hero such an amazing review! It's fantastic to see you're getting so much utility from the platform and that your employees love it too. I've passed your feedback on to our product team now, though it's great to see the support team gets your tick of approval!

Cristina S.
Industry: Insurance

Easy to use on the day to day

Reviewed on 19/11/2017

It's paperless and easy to use. We can onboard and offboard employees faster.

Pros

* Easy to use
* It improved a lot in the last year.
* No need to fill forms for the Tax declaration
* Paperless

Cons

* The custom reports need to improve. Now we have the option to hide the people who were terminated but still appearing the ones who resigned, etc.
* Some settings are not straightforward

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Cristina,

Thanks for taking the time to review Employment Hero and its features. Paperless onboarding is such a time saver and it's great that you find the platform easy to use.

We're always developing the platform and hope things are more straightforward than when you left your review.

Masi G.
Industry: Automotive

It makes a difference.

Reviewed on 19/3/2019

Pros

It has made a difference for us in terms of reducing the number of errors that could occur in HR and Payroll.

Cons

It used to be more difficult to get in touch with someone to get an answer for our questions but it is much better and easier these days. We get a respond pretty quickly now.

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Masi, thanks for your review! We're always working to improve our support times, so it's great that you've noticed!

James S.
Industry: Computer Software

Great System

Reviewed on 14/4/2020

I love Employment Hero

Pros

It's an all in one solution software program. Easy to use and has great functionality that is relevant to my needs

Cons

The reporting functionality could be improved in some areas

Response from Employment Hero

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to review Employment Hero! We love that you love our platform, and we love helping you and the team at Console make a better world at work.

Tina A.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Employment Hero HR & Payroll

Reviewed on 20/9/2018

Paperless onboarding. One place for policies & employee documents.

Pros

Easy to use. Payroll and HR linked. Links to accounting system. Paperless on-boarding. One place for employee documents.

Cons

Long wait time for support. No position descriptions. Goals not linking or ability to chose due dates.

Response from Employment Hero

Thanks for giving us such a great review, Tina! We've improved support response rates a lot in the past year, so I hope this still isn't the case. It's great that the platform is streamlining your HR, especially with paperless onboarding and cloud-based storage - no paper! Yay!

Marianne H.
Industry: Real Estate

Intuitive and Extraordinarily easy to use

Reviewed on 21/4/2020

Simply automate the management of people and payroll. Increase visibility of data to support better decision making.

Pros

So intuitive to work with EH. Self taught and easy access to all their support tools.

Cons

Sometimes understanding how to report on what you want takes a bit.......

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Marianne,

Thank you for taking the time to review Employment Hero on Capterra. It's great to see that we've been able to help Strata Choice better manage their people and you've found the platform easy to use.

We look forward to supporting you and the team for many years to come.

Marie C.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Early days in the use of this application for our business, it is simple, navigable.

Reviewed on 23/8/2017

HR made easier for me, as a 1 person office - being all to everything at times is a struggle. A tool to assist in the running of daily staff requirements can only be a great thing. Compliance can be at your fingertips, anything that brings a bit of balance into your role as the HR, Payroll and 99 other jobs can only be a great thing.

Pros

Ease of use and good client backup.
Easy learn and adaptable.
HR Simplified with in built forms for ease of access
Integration was simple, with simple tutorial and great downloadable information to follow.

Cons

Like anything, practice makes perfect - I need the practice :)
Tutorial is hard to hear at times.
The forms need more adaptability - unable to change sections can delete but not remove just partial sections to suit - Is this user issue or just teething problem.

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Marie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Employment Hero! It's great to see the platform is able to help you manage your HR and payroll admin - especially as a one-man-band!

Cassie F.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Employment Hero - Time Saver

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

Fantastic, Its easy to use and has saved us time in Onboarding, Timesheets, Leave, Performance Reviews, Safety Reporting and much more.

Pros

Easy to use, saves the buisness and our employees time.

Cons

Extra features only available when using the higher packages.

Rita V.

Great product

Reviewed on 31/3/2019

With EH I have saved an enormous amount of time with HR paperwork. Once you have the EH system populated and fully functional, it's a breeze. Basically, it's all there for you. Great work EH.

Pros

User friendly.
Ease of use.
Functionality.
Support Team go out of their way to assist in solving any problems.
EH are innovative in updating the product by including new features.
EH provide webinars for Admins to view and learn.

Cons

There are some minor problems:
1. Employee names do not appear in alphabetical order of surname. This is problematic, as all payroll and HR systems are based on alpha surname.
2. Sometimes support take a little long to respond.

Response from Employment Hero

Thanks for your review, Rita! Glad to see that Employment Hero is making your world easier at work. We are working to make our support team even more efficient and I'll pass on your point regarding sorting employees alphabetically via surname - makes complete sense!

Thanks again,
The Employment Hero Team.

Micka M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Game Changer for Small & Medium Businesses

Reviewed on 7/12/2018

I saved so much money not needing to do up employment contracts, and all the time I save as a small business owner is invaluable!

Pros

In small & medium businesses the likelihood of affording a full time HR Manager is slim to none! But with Employement Hero one is barely needed! I love the employee engagement surveys, the reminders when someone reaches probation end, the simple onboarding.... no paper forms, no tax dec forms!! Not to mention the awesome benefits and discounts my team and I receive!

Cons

It’s really only the limitation on a seamless approach to choosing a superfund that lets it down a little, but against all other things that it saves you time on, no big deal!

Response from Employment Hero

Thanks so much for your awesome review, Micka! Employment Hero was built for people just like you, so we're stoked to read your review and see just how much the platform has helped. Keep up the awesome work!

Russell S.
Industry: Accounting

A small business HR solution

Reviewed on 26/4/2019

My overall experience has been excellent, and Employment has now been being implemented accross my client base and own companies.

Pros

- Ease of integration with Payroll software (XERO)
- Minimal set up time by he accounts department
- Ease of policy updates and delivery to the staff, with notification and read tracking
- In built employee benefits program
- Great library of standard documents, with easy ability to adjust to particular company standards

Cons

Most difficult aspect we found with the software was the amount of unnecessary data actually extracted from our payroll software, specifically terminated employees.

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Russell,

Thanks for giving Employment Hero such a glowing review! It's great to see that you're making your world better at work with the platform. If you're already referring Employment Hero to others, we'd love to reward you for it! We'll be in touch shortly.

Michelle F.

Reviewed on 4/10/2018

It was easy to create contracts and upload new employees, seeing their profiles too was good.

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate. Could see all employees on the main dashboard. Very easy to upload documents.

Cons

The leave functionality- could not work out where to put in leave information so can check balances at any time.

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Michelle, thanks for giving Employment Hero such a fabulous review! We've updated our leave management feature, so fingers crossed you're better able to see leave balances and the like. I'm glad it's nice and easy to use, too!

Deborah F.

Reviewed on 4/5/2019

We needed a leave management system but also saw the future need when we moved to XERO payroll and updated our HR Systems. Our sales and onboarding experience has been simply exceptional. Timely, structured, helpful and respectful of the small size of our business. So far Support also has been timely and helpful,

Pros

Interfaces with XERO
Easy leave management
Simple Employee portal
Management notes
Opportunity to review our employees details & setup

Cons

Quick time out which we have asked about but apparently is platform wide
Navigation around Personnel tabs

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for Employment Hero such a great review! It's great to see you're loving the Xero integration and all the other amazing features on the platform, especially onboarding. An "exceptional" customer experience like yours is exactly what we aim to provide.

Melissa W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great for SMB's

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

Great. It has helped us with hiring, onboarding and record keeping.

Pros

Contracts and onboarding made easy, especially acceptance of policies and procedures.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to find what you are looking for.

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with Employment Hero. Seeing that we've been able to help streamline your hiring, onboarding and record keeping is music to our ears!

Nadine H.
Industry: Human Resources

Recently implemented Employment Hero and it was a dream. Love the easy integration!

Reviewed on 11/8/2017

Works beautifully for storing employee documents and the functionality is awesome for everything from onboarding to entering a leave request.

Pros

I was really impressed with how easy and seamless it is to sync with our current payroll software. Really quick and simple to import information and to load documents. Very user friendly from an admin perspective as well as for employees to load data and enter leave requests. I love this system!

Response from Employment Hero

??? Look at all those stars! A massive thank you, Nadine, for giving Employment Hero such an amazing review! We love that YOU love Employment Hero and hope we're still making your world better at work.

Manoj K.

User friendly and reduces time taken for on boarding

Reviewed on 28/3/2018

Reduce time and paperwork, prompt flow of information, user friendly.

Pros

A to Z HRIS for a small to medium size company. Customer support has been very efficient and to my satisfaction.

Cons

The software is very user friendly, however the initial implementation meeting should have been more detailed so that all relevant details could have been updated before go live.

Response from Employment Hero

Thanks for your review, Manoj! We're glad to see that Employment Hero is helping you with onboarding and our customer support has been super helpful. We're always working on improving our customer service and have taken on board (no pun intended) your feedback.

Jayne O.
Industry: Computer Software

Excellent Tool!

Reviewed on 9/4/2019

Onboarding of employees.

Pros

So easy to use allowing for swift input of new employee details

Cons

Can't think of anything, maybe the cost, would be great if it was free.

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Jayne, thanks for your fantastic review! Great to see that Employment Hero is streamlining your HR admin.

Justin A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy to use system

Reviewed on 12/7/2019

The system is great for our leave tracking and tracking of balances.

Pros

The easy to use interface and easy to implement into the business.

Cons

The app can be somewhat slow. It doesn't have all features of the desktop system.

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Justin,

Thank you for giving Employment Hero 10/10! We're glad to see you find the platform easy to use and leave requests are now streamlined.

We are currently working on the mobile version and hope to have more parity between the app and desktop versions soon.

Industry: Accounting

Efficiency Paperless HR management

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

That all the employee data is stored correctly and located in a very easy to use platform

Pros

Data / contracts are compliant . Policies and documents and manageable and all saved properly for easy access and reference

Cons

Sometimes is hard to find the area you are looking for

Neil D.
Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

Pros

Ease of use and ability to search for information.

Cons

Nothing of significance at this stage of use.

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Neil,

Thanks for giving Employment Hero a review! It's good to hear that you find the platform easy to use and enjoy having all your employee data at the tip of your fingers; after all, it's what we're here for!

Carmen H.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

non existing customer support in the implementation phase

Reviewed on 29/7/2020

Not great on support but you can teach yourself a lot by going thru the menu after log in or watching youtube videos.

Pros

integrated payroll and HR software
ease of use

Cons

I realise we are still in the set up phase and after trialling for 3 months would like to process our first payroll with Employment hero. We have had 1 video meeting so far and were supposed to have another meeting today = the day we were planning to go live.
So far our trainer has not come on lne and she is now over 32 minutes late so our question is what will the support be like when you get stuck in the middle of processing your payroll???

Response from Employment Hero

Hi Carmen,

Thank you for taking the time to review Employment Hero. As you now know, your payroll specialist was out sick that day, and this was communicated to the the main contact on file at your organisation. We appreciate that the message wasn't passed on to you, and have reviewed our processes to avoid this happening again.

We hope things have improved since then.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10