Skykit

Google-based digital signage CMS for enterprise deployment

4.4/5
4.1/5
4.4/5
4.6/5

63 Software options

Erica E.

Love Skykit!

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Great support. We love it.

Pros

I love that it is directly integrated with G Suite and Google Slides, Drive, etc.

Cons

My only complaint so far is I can't figure out how to add things that will auto-update, like the current date and time for example.

Yelitza C.

Awesome

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Everything that I do in my job at school is working really well. Awesome software :)

Pros

Skykit is a really good program to use. It's so easy to understand the program and works great with the projects I work on at work.

Cons

The software sometimes could be really slow. I dislike that it signs me out of it so many times during the day.

Gerri U.

Great solution

Reviewed on 23/8/2016

It's been great, easy to use and we have it deployed world wide, support is excellent, helpful and fun!

Pros

Ease of use, adding and maintaining content

Cons

Sometimes the boxes don't cycle through the playlists properly(or at all) frustrating to say the least. Would love to have the ability to reset the content cache with out a ticket. Also permission levels would be great.

Brian L.

Great Kit

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Pros

Easy to Use and such a great tool to have for our business

Cons

I haven't found anything that i haven't been impressed with.

Mark R.

We use it to successfully display news items and event announcements to our students.

Reviewed on 18/8/2017

Pros

Ease of use ... ability to display video and multiple file formats. The fact that our student audience gets information they can use readily and more quickly than postering.

Cons

It shuts down every so often. Our displays will freeze and we need to reboot to get it up and running.

Other times, I have trouble uploading files.

Geoff R.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

After a bad experience with competitive system, Skykit was a huge relief. Our admin is now...

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

Easy communication with large team in manufacturing facility.

Pros

Simple, easy to setup, easy to program. The plant admin is mostly doing quick slide shows, and they are working well.

Cons

Would REALLY like a preview window on my PC, so I can see exactly what the screens in the plant are showing.

Bill B.
  • Industry: Automotive

The Skykit's the limit!

Reviewed on 23/8/2016

From order to install, everything went perfectly. Sales person was very prompt and professional, got product on time, installation was seamless.

Pros

Easy to setup, easy to maintain.

Cons

Not really a con, would like ability to put a live weather radar/weather forecast screen.

Darren F.

From sales demo onto onboarding to configuration. They held our hands the entire process.

Reviewed on 5/8/2017

School based users, instead of District level admin can update their messages daily while still maintaining a common brand across the district.

Pros

Works seamlessly with Google Suite. Makes it drop dead simple to get end users up to speed. It costs about 1/5 as much as other solutions. Can be up and running in an hour or so.

Cons

Have not found any issues yet as we are just starting to use it. The user permissions leveling needs approvals and some workflow escalation process.

Jason S.

My Review of Skykit

Reviewed on 21/3/2017

Easy implementation. Enjoy the user interface. Would like to see a few more features available. Not the best bang for the buck but good.

Pros

Ease of use and implementation

Cons

Pricey. Needs additional features compared to the competition

Zachary E.

We purchased this to display Quality & Safety content and other short videos throughout the...

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

Pros

Very user friendly!! We purchased this equipment to display Quality & Safety content and other short videos throughout our plant on numerous TV's.

Joel S.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used for 1+ year

SkyKit Review

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Overall it has been pretty easy to setup and implement. It seems to be a bit harder to troubleshoot and manage, with a lot of maintenance having to be done on the SkyKit side, and not as much management and control on the administration side as a customer.

Pros

The best thing about the software is its scalability as well as its ease of use.

Cons

The fact that I am not able to centrally manage the chrome OS side of the chromeboxes that are used to run the SkyKit Content. The SkyKit Content however I feel can be expanded with extra features that can help with organization of displays, better content management within the console, as well as better overall performance improvements with content getting updated.

SkyKit Review

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Pros

Skykit is very easy to use, and to me seems very self explanatory in terms of functionality and use.

Cons

I would like to be able to see a live screen preview, that way you could see that changes have happened and also see what's being displayed on the screen right from a home screen dashboard or something of the sort.

Wayne R.

Best user interface of any CMS. Easy to use with powerful features.

Reviewed on 14/2/2018

An easy solution for our customers

Pros

Simple user interface, yet lots of features. Completely responsive design that can be controlled from a smartphone as easy as a laptop.

Cons

A little pricey for the market but when you add in all of the news and weather feeds the price balances out. It would be good to offer a cheaper version without the feeds for users that don't need them.

Hunter L.

SkyKits!

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Allows us to display company changes/events/client showings etc. Devices again are incredibly simple to use =)

Pros

Overall easy access/control of these devices. Especially for individuals who are not tech savvy, they are able to manipulate the device to their liking

Cons

Overall nothing to mention. Typically systems are hard to access/change settings, but Skykit resolved that issue

Jeff M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A Promising and Powerful Piece of Software

Reviewed on 27/3/2017

We are very pleased with the pricing and the ease of use of the interface of SkyKit. The ability to link with Google Drive and edit slides and presentations on the fly is very helpful when trying to train and give access to a number of different people. Very easy to use and train on. To be completely transparent, we are currently experiencing some issues with one of our particular usages -- but tech support has been great in helping us out. I feel great confidence in the SkyKit team and the future development of the product.

Pros

The user interface is simple to understand and use. It's ability to link to Google Drive is a huge plus. It allows non-"power users" to use the software.

Cons

For our particular usage, scheduling date-specific content out for the entire week is a cumbersome process. There is no batch upload. Also, the playlist functionality is currently having lots of hiccups. We have to manually set it every day.

Samuel L.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Skykit review

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

Communication is way more effective with our monitor and Skykit in our office kitchen. Good way to get the employee attention.

Pros

Easy to learn how to operate it and ability to deploy new content fast.

Cons

No way to preview your content + editing it

Kelsey N.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Thanks for making it easy!

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Pros

The older individuals can even use it with ease. We can customize everything to each person - easily.

Cons

Maybe the fact that I have to publish the content. But that is me filling this box with something!

Todd T.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Worth the investment

Reviewed on 21/3/2017

We have been using Skykit in our lobby for the past seven months. It has been a great addition to our office. We are able to welcome guests and post our agendas with ease. I recommend this program to anyone that is looking to update their office or retail space.

Pros

Easy to use. Accessible remotely which is a benefit as our office support person is often offsite.

Cons

The resolution is a little to be desired when using the slides in google.

Calsey I.

Works great!

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Pros

Honestly I have always thought Skykit is a great tool. I have never had an issue with it what so ever.

Cons

I dont have any complaints what so ever.

Cliff B.
  • Industry: Sports

KIS - Rule Number 1 Keep it simple...

Reviewed on 23/3/2017

Being responsible for all IT setup and configurations, I found it extremely easy to setup. Basically I sent Skikit some technical information and all the work on my end was done for me in advance so i had the hard task of plugging it in.
The software side of it is very similar to the MS movie maker. Having worked in a Windows environment for years we found that our users are able to pick it up pretty quickly. We called support and the support tech was Kind, Courteous and Competent.
Thank you Skikit for Keeping it simple,

Pros

very easy to use

Skykit is ok.

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Their customer service is pretty good, the only complaint is the user interface. Huge learning curve, video tutorials would benefit new users.

Pros

It works and does what it is designed to do. Works well with Google products also.

Cons

Confusing to use. The user interface is not user friendly at all

Used to be better

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

We loved it at first. It was a great way to showcase content to our office and keep them informed on updates. The last few months of using it, though, it became more of a nuisance than anything.

Pros

It's fairly intuitive and the UI is nicely designed.

Cons

The syncing from Google Slides to Skykit used to be a lot better. My office used Skykit for about 2 years, and in the last several months Skykit stopped registering the updated slide's changes. You would see the update in Skykit when you looked at the slide, but then when it played on the screen it would be the old one. Eventually I realized that the publish date was still the old one, and I figured out a workaround where had to go in and change the length of the time the slide would play. Only then would the system register the updates and publish with the new content.

The other con is the playlist functionality is quite klugy. It takes forever to move slides around because the screen lags and doesn't place them where you're aiming your mouse. It also doesn't scroll with your cursor, so if I wanted to move a slide way farther up on the playlist, I could either move it up only 5 at a time, or I had to zoom way out on my browser.

Ed J.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Skykit is a Great Product and a Great Value

Reviewed on 21/3/2017

We have been using Skykit for displaying slides and video content since October of 2016 in all of our pizza shops (22) and recently added a display to our coffee shop. While there is a bit of a learning curve to using the web-based CMS system for managing the displays and content, it really is easy to use once you understand the basic concepts and workflow.

Support has been fantastic and quick to respond and fix any problems we've run into. I really appreciate that Skykit is constantly being improved and feature requests are actively solicited from customers and taken seriously.

I highly recommend Skykit!

Pros

Easy to use. Clean, simple interface.

Cons

Could use some improvement in sorting and filtering of content elements. It can be cumbersome finding the element you want to edit or the display you want to manage.

Mark L.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great product that does the job well.

Reviewed on 22/3/2017

Great product that does the job well. A little tricky to use at first but once you get to using it on a consistent basis it flows well. I use the Chromeboxes from Skykit and it is just plug in and go! I would definitely recommend the product.

Pros

Plug & Play. Comes pre-loaded with everything I need. The Chromebox form factor is easy to place.

Cons

I find the cloud application a bit confusing until you learn the "jargon". I think it could be layed out in a more intuitive way.

Brent T.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Skykit

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Pros

Easy setup easy to use. Straight forward platform with a high level of functionality.

Cons

The having to publish each time any action is done. should be able to directly upload to program and then item is added to the content list as opposed to vice versa.
Looses connection occasionally and have to refresh. Email should be sent notifying the moderator of such outages.