5,535 reviews

Venmo

Digital wallet & mobile payment gateway

4.8 /5 (5535 reviews) Write a Review!

5,535 reviews
Annabella claire H.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Venmo Is Wonderful

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

Overall, this is an app that tons of people use worldwide and makes life easier. I’ve never had an issue with it and I like the easy-to-use interface. Best current way to send money quickly.

Pros

I feel like everyone I know uses Venmo! That makes it extremely easy to pay friends and family for various reasons. The app is very easy to use and doesn’t cost anything unless you transfer money in certain ways (which I’ve never done and haven’t felt the need to at all). I feel like the security and privacy of my information is good, which is vital for an app these days.

Cons

Only con I can think about is that if you send money to the wrong username/account, I’ve heard it is basically impossible to get back unless the person gives it back willingly. That is why I always recommend people use the scan option with the QR-code so the odds of sending funds to the wrong person go down dramatically. Also, there is a $2,000 per month limit for transfers from what I can tell. I’ve never had a problem with that.

James R.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A great peer-to-peer payment software/app!

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

Easy to use, low instant-deposit cost and super commonly used by people. Wish the desktop experience was better, but the mobile app is just fine.

Pros

It's so easy to set up and get using and the other HUGE benefit is that EVERYONE has it. That makes it easy to adopt as a payment app.

Cons

They have some funny daily spend limits that made it hard to pay rent via Venmo once but I just split it into two payments and was able to make it work just fine.

Andy S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Amazing Payment Solution for Many Applications

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

Venmo has always been a great experience and very intuitive...even for people who aren't technologically inclined. Everyone we have used it with or introduced it to has continued to use it afterwards with great results. We plan on using it for even more as it allows in the future. It's much easier and quicker than PayPal which seems to have been the standard until now.

Pros

Venmo is an incredibly easy and fast way to transfer money between people in a company for expenses and more as well as accept payments for merchandise (with the new business account options) and even pay people for their services. Since multiple people can be logged on, it allows 4 of us to operate financially when necessary without a delay. You can easily write what each payment is for and download monthly statements to keep accurate records of all of your transactions. Even better, most people have it and use it now so compatibility is rarely an issue. It makes everything we do faster and our customers even more pleased as they can pay for merchandise, tickets, or even simply donate at the click of a button!

Cons

The only tough thing about Venmo that rarely arises is if someone doesn't use it. In that case, we need to have a paypal or cash option ready but that's not an actual problem with the application itself. It would be great if they could add annual statements to their download option in addition to the monthly statements. Annual statements would save some time during tax season!

Kyle Y.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Text Your Friend's Money

Reviewed on 4/9/2020

Overall Venmo is one of the most useful apps I currently have downloaded. Having a way to transfer money from my debit card with an app is extremely convenient. Not only that but having a Venmo Card that doesn't even need me to transfer money to the bank is amazing. Most of the people I know with a smartphone also already own Venmo so after a meal or going to the movies, transferring money using Venmo is as simple as texting your friend's money.

Pros

Venmo has helped me in a countless amount of situations when dealing with money transactions. Its simplicity and ease of use allow for people who aren't as tech-savvy to transfer money without having to take a trip to the bank to go through a complicated process of transaction that could result in scams. I also think that the feature of people seeing your Venmo transactions is a cute addition to the app and adds a bit of humor along with the app instead of it looking like any ol' boring transaction app. Of course, not everyone wants their transactions seen by their peers so there is the option to turn it off. When opening the app, it requires a Face ID which adds a touch of security so anyone using your phone can't abuse the app. Adding people to your friend's list is also incredibly simple since your contacts can be added with the touch of a button and adding others requires entering a username. If you have money left in your Venmo, you can use a Venmo Card which is a debit card that directly takes money out of your Venmo account rather than your bank when purchasing anything. However, if you do not own a Venmo Card then you directly deposit your money to your bank account whenever necessary. Venmo has so many amazing features that make it a great app to use whenever you need to. Although Venmo may have not been the first money transaction application, it certainly is one of the easiest and most popular which allows for anyone to transfer money to each other.

Cons

Venmo has many great features and not much to improve upon. One thing to note, however, is that when transferring money from your Venmo account to your bank account, a 1% fee will be deducted when transferring INSTANTLY. But honestly, this feature does not bother me at all plus there is the option to transfer it to your bank in a couple of days with 0 fees. Although not necessary I do think they could add a faster way to transfer money. My idea was that you could use voice control such as Siri, Alexa, or Google Home and tell them to transfer money to any one of your Venmo friends. I feel like Venmo has a lot of potential for new features but I don't feel like it doesn't need to be implemented as transferring money is already easy enough. Adding a dark mode or being able to change your color scheme may also be a neat feature.

Nadia B.

A great way to divide costs, reimburse individuals and get paid!

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

Venmo has allowed me to quickly and easily pay and receive funds. It's a useful tool to have among other payment options, and I find it useful to just let some money accrue in Venmo from payments so I can easily pay others, without having to transfer from my bank account. Venmo has saved me time, fees from transferring and complexity in issuing some payments.

Pros

It's an easy way to directly send money to someone. With a few clicks you can send money to a contact or likewise, easily receive money. You can indicate what the payment is for, and the money accumulates in your Venmo account. You can easily transfer it to your bank account, as well. It's a great way to pay on the go, in a simple way, without having to enter or know your payee's bank account information, address or anything else!

Cons

You can only pay someone who has a Venmo account, so this is a small restriction that might not make it the default option for everyone. It's also quite informal, so it might not be the best way to receive or send money to clients or professional contacts.

Elena S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Fast. Safe. Confident - guaranteed.

Reviewed on 25/9/2020

Being a non-profit organization, Border Town Betties Pinup Social Club was - just like many other similar organizations - hit hardly by covid restrictions and cancellation. Naturally, we've transferred most of our activities and events online. Those of course included raffles, online auctions, donations and also funds from our charity sales. Venmo helped us successfully provide our supporters a convenient, easy and (what's the most important at the times of pandemics) safe and totally contactless way to pay for merchandise or donate to support a charity cause. We have an absolutely solid peace of mind, knowing that we can always rely on Venmo customer support when it comes to keeping track of all transactions, keeping our customers data safe and answering really fast to whatever concerns might appear. I personally think Venmo is a really useful innovation which improves lives of small business owners and saves them tons of time and nerves.

Pros

I like how easy Venmo is to operate and use, how much the developers put into users' sensitive data safety, fraud protection and guaranteed timely and prompt transactions. It's easy to use and fairly priced, perfect for a small business in our trying times.

Cons

I would like to see a credit line or other similar products available from Venmo. I would also like to have an opportunity of shared savings account and other banking products from this company.

Anne L.

MUST HAVE SOFTWARE!!!

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

VENMO CHANGED MY LIFE. Paying friends, student groups, organization, small businesses have never been easier.

Pros

Ok - if there is a software that I can say that TRUELY changed my life, it would be Venmo. Venmo is such an easy software to use to transfer money between people. Whether it be splitting the bill between coworkers or completing business transactions, Venmo is the #1 app. Forget Paypal - Venmo trumps all. No one carries cash anymore... Venmo has been an integral part of fundraising at Cal (and in my daily life). My organization and other student groups on campus use Venmo to collect payment for things that we sell on campus - such as food, stickers, trinkets, etc.

Cons

I wish there were business profiles for Venmo. For example, small businesses and organizations could create business profiles that many members of the organization can access so there can be more transparency with the funds.

Ankush K.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Venmo Review

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

I think it's fun and feels safe to use Venmo for your everyday transactions. Also, I love the ios version as you can integrate it with Siri and ask Siri to do transaction for you which is a great feature I think. I'm excited to use the feature of group transactions which they are going to launch soon I think.

Pros

Its effortless to do transactions on Venmo and it's the best option I can think of considering the fact there are so many alternatives. The free version almost offers most of the features you need for everyday transactions. It's well integrated with other apps like Splitwise which is a great feature as you can clear Splitwise balances using Venmo and I use that every day almost. Transactions using Venmo are really instant and safe.

Cons

I wish they had less fees if you do transactions using your Credit card. Also default settings shares your transactions public which I think default should be disabled. I'm looking forward to use globally like with any bank account and any mobile number not just US which I don't think is supported at the moment.

Nicholas S.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Pay People on the Go (The Young Generation's Go To)

Reviewed on 12/4/2019

Overall, Venmo has been able to capture the cashless market among family and friends (instead of writing checks). I think they'll continue to own that market as long as they keep making payments easy and free (minus the cards of course).

You can sync your bank account to add funds/make payments without fees, but I know some people don't trust it.

Pros

Venmo makes sending money to your friends, family or even strangers totally seamless. In fact, there are very few people I know that don't have Venmo. It allows you to request payment from someone (because someone always doesn't pay) and it allows you to make payment from your Venmo Balance, Bank Transfer (No Fee) or your Credit/Debit Card (fee). All essentially painless.

While the feature is more for fun, I love that you can write whatever memo/emoji/etc you want in the notes section of the payment. When I see some payments hit my main feed (you can choose to keep your payments private), I love seeing the stuff people send eachother in the notes.

Cons

My biggest Gripe with Venmo is that they hit you with a fee for Credit/Debit Card payments. I get why it exists, because they have to pay the fee on their side, but it feels wrong when you need money.

There is also NO seller/buyer protection in the system. They advise you to only send $$ to people you know or trust. I've heard of cases where people pay with Venmo for a product and then realize the product is broken. They have no recourse for the funds at that point, so keep that it mind.

Also, the only way to fund without fees is by attaching your bank account. Something about leaving my account tied to the app worries me, but I know many of us do it anyway.

Harrison J.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

It all started with driving for Uber

Reviewed on 26/1/2021

A fantastic overall experience which makes much of life (financially speaking) a complete breeze compared to the past. I remember agonizing over splitting big dinner bills with 10+ people, where one guy would have to say "Put it on my credit card and they'll all pay me back" - but would they? Now you can invoice your friends if they didn't send it to you already, and the stress about $ among friends and family can go away!

Pros

Venmo first was recommended to me in 2016-17 when I was doing lots of Uber driving. Tips were a big thing then, but most young people don't carry cash and other digital tips (like swiping their card on the Square) were a little awkward to ask about. Paypal had a digital money sending function but it wasn't as fast and wasn't as social (although I think Paypal is a parent company to Venmo.) Venmo spread among the Uber drivers here as the way to post your Venmo screename in your backseat for riders to tip you in case they liked the ride. From there it grew into the aspects of how my friends, my wife, and even our family pay each other back for meals, groceries, errands, other odds and ends, or split a bill.

Cons

I wonder about bank fraud security but it's likely just a lack of knowledge about the protections Venmo takes. They did not ask me as the user to set up passwords or pins or fingerprints to open the Venmo app (I had to search for it and set it up) - which means they're probably alot of users out there who, if their phone falls into the wrong hands unlocked, could fall prey to a stranger trying to empty their account and pay themselves. So there's that risk, but I've never had problems like that.

Jason H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Well done!

Reviewed on 16/7/2019

Overall, I love that it solves a problem that was never really a problem. Writing a check to a friend or going to get cash for them is really not a big deal, but the second they ask me if I have a Venmo, it solves the problem of that slight inconvenience. That is the thing that it does best. Make sure that you remember that and keep that in front of your audience.
Security is also HUGE. If you ever have a slip in that department, I predict it will be the end of your company. As a consumer, I am trusting, but uninformed when it comes to your security measures. It might be a good idea to educate your customers as well as potential clientele.

Pros

Frankly, Venmo is too easy to use. I really and going to have a hard time being critical because for some reason, out of all of the apps out there that do basically the same thing, Venmo is the one that all of my friends and family are comfortable using. It was not difficult to set up. I mean that. If my mother-in-law can do it without calling me for tech support, than it is easy to do. It makes sharing the cost of other services like Youtube TV so easy, and the icing on the top of the cake is that it is free. I don't know how, but that is absolutely the best thing about this service. Well done!

Cons

I don't see much of a point to the social networking side of the software. It is great and often funny to see what family and friends will type up for the money they send me, but I see no need for the rest of my contacts to have access to those 3-4 word notes. They don't ultimately add any value to anyone else's life. I don't really care if the messaging it is there or not. To me it is just white noise.
Also, I am sure that the Venmo credit card is a huge money maker for your service, but I am not nor will I ever be interested in a credit card that won't be accepted absolutely everywhere. If it is accepted everywhere, than I am woefully uninformed and it might be a good idea to promote where you can use it in your next ad campaign.

Cheyanne S.

Great app for sending and receiving money!

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

I have been able to use Venmo both for personal use and my small business use with ease. I can both send and receive money without being charged for each transaction, as I did with Square. The only time I have to pay to use Venmo, is if I want money instantly transferred into my bank account.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. It is easy to search, and find people to send money to or from. I like that you are able to leave notes with the payment, or payment request. I also like the speed that this app operates. You can request money be transferred to you bank, either for free (1-3 business days), or instantly (for a 1% charge). It's easy to switch between your saved payment methods. The customer service is great. I sent money to an old account, that was not accessible, and customer support helped me get the money sent delivered to the correct account.

Cons

The only downfall to this app is their customer service. When I needed to change the account I sent money to by mistake, it took them about a week to get the money delivered to the correct account, with myself and the recipient both reaching out.

Jenna H.
  • Industry: Veterinary
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The Pro's and Con's of Venmo - an honest review

Reviewed on 24/1/2020

I have been able to get older clients to use this app, I have been able to get the younger crowd to use this app. It makes getting and sending money so easy. Another great feature that has really made our experience great is that you can request money! A farrier trims a clients shoes at the clinic, he gets on his app sends a request for the total amount and boom you just sent your client an invoice! I love using it for my personal needs such as splitting the eating out bill, paying a friend back for gas, or just sending someone some cash love to say thank you! I have not had a bad experience with Venmo.

Pros

I love just how easy this whole system is to use. I love that I was able to get it downloaded within minutes onto our clients phone and help them walk through paying our farriers. It has a great east to use format and design. I love that you can write down what you sent or received the money transfer for, it really helps keep everything organized. I love the ease of getting my venmo money. All I have to do is click one button and it transfers to my bank account!

Cons

Not a fan of having to see everyone transactions. It would be nice if they at least kept the money exchanged private. Some of the fun of this app is the funny things you can call the transactions, or using fun emojis, but it might be nice if you can still do that to "show the world" so to speak you did a transaction, but have an option to not show the price. It would be nice to keep the actual cost of the transaction private.

Christophere L.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

If your looking for simple and effective

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

I love it, I use it, and i reccomend it its everything it claims to be and theres not one thing difficult about it. In addition to all that it is all round safe and air tight which is what you want when dealing with direct connecting to something that retains connections to your Money

Pros

This software has made sending money to somebody simple and gratifying when it use to be a dreadful drawn out process. I'm sure some people remmember having to go deal with the dreadful experience if going to some busy department store and stand in long lines to fill out obscene amounts of paperwork just to pay an astronomical fee to send money and pray that there would be no problems. This software is straightforward cut and dry and effective and recieve a thumbs up from this guy and with my background of an ex pc repair business I feel I qualified to ssupport and reccomend this as a safe program to send your hard earned money

Cons

The only thing I would change and it's not a con really it's a wish and that is they would provide you an account and routing number so you could connect the card to other entities.

Julia C.

Perfect money-sharing app for the age of no cash

Reviewed on 18/4/2019

Can't imagine life without it. Used incredibly often because it is so practical and easy to use. Would recommend for anyone!

Pros

I use this app daily for so many different reasons. It makes it so easy to pay back friends, split bills, and keep track of a group's payments. In this day and age many people do not carry cash with them, and this app makes it easy to pay back a friend if they are covering a bill for you, or pay someone without needing your cash or card on you! We use it for clubs I'm involved in to collect money for merchandise, I use it with my roommates to split bill payments, and I use it daily with friends to cover food or Uber rides that were paid for by others. Beyond easy to use, and also easy to transfer the money to your bank account!

Cons

I would like a feature to request the same amount of money from multiple people all at once- if I am splitting a bill, I'd like to be able to send it to the same group of roommates that I do every month, and request the same amount from each of them instead of completing multiple requests!

Amy S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easiest way for small businesses to accept non-cash payments!

Reviewed on 9/6/2020

Venmo has been a great tool for us, allowing us to easily and quickly accept payment for services from clients who do not want to pay using cash or check. We have not had to order or purchase any hardware to be able to accept payments, and we have found that most of our customers wishing to pay online via credit card already have and are familiar with the Venmo app, which is an added bonus.

Pros

It was extremely easy to set up a Venmo account using our business name, which was important to us so that it would have a professional appearance. It has been very easy for us to accept and transfer money for payment for services we provide to our customers. We nor our customers have encountered any issues using Venmo as a payment mechanism for our business.

Cons

In an ideal world, Venmo would be fee-free, but that is simply unrealistic and there are no alternative options that provide this service at no cost. Otherwise, we have no complaints, nor have we experienced any difficulties or glitches in using Venmo.

Did I say network effects?

Reviewed on 21/8/2019

Overall... Venmo is acceptable for consumer, P2P use cases — but has ways to go in terms of merchant adoption and true B2C solutions especially compared with Asian digital payments services.

Pros

The main reason why I use Venmo is because everyone else I know uses it, at least in the US and for peer-to-peer transactions—i.e. network effects.

I like how they've implemented the "scan code" feature to help solve for the pain point of scrambling to find which variant of someone's name is the person you're trying to pay in real life.

The activity feed of friends' payments also ends up being a source of guilty entertainment, and likely was the main reason why Venmo was able to acquire users faster and supercharge network effects compared to other, frankly better-designed competitors.

Cons

Oof... well Venmo is far behind a lot of payment players in Asia. There's very limited merchant payment functionality/adoption, even though I know Venmo has been starting to make nascent moves in that direction. Lack of NFC or touch payment/transfer functionality is also something that other payment players have that Venmo doesn't. Furthermore, you can only remind people about unfulfilled payments once. I recognize that's probably to avoid annoyance, but implementing something like a time limit would be more effective.

Brenda B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Paperless money

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

I have been a fully engaged user owner and promoter of this product, from user side I enjoy being able to verify the sending and recovering being in control and right at finger tips , clean process.

Pros

This product is SUPER easy to use, great for all ages, those that are techs and those that may not be too savvy.

Cons

Least favorite thing about this software, I can’t really say I have a disliked feature minus not being a user sooner.

Alison B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Venmo Review

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

My overall experience with Venmo has been excellent. I love this product and will continue to use it.

Pros

I use Venmo nearly every day, to exchange money casually between friends splitting a pay, and professionally pay paying for services and taking payments for goods. The ease of use and accessibility is the best feature.

Cons

I occasionally worry about the safety of the software holding all of my information for multiple bank accounts, but I haven't run into any issues yet.

Making Cash Even More Obsolete

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

Pros

Venmo is a cash transfer app owned by Paypal, another known cash transfer and management app. Venmo makes transferring funds even easier than its parent company and has revolutionized payments for merchants and social scenarios.

Adding sources of funds and funds to the application is very easy. Adding credit and debit cards is as simple as punching them in. Adding banks is also easy, as Venmo easily interfaces and verifies a connection to a bank in minutes. This allows you to get around certain credit card fees and to transfer directly into and from your bank account.

There is also added merchant support, where Venmo can be used to pay for payments on mobile stores, making it even easier to shop online.

there are also Venmo Mastercards now, where you can get a physical card that draws from your Venmo account. This has been a popular item for when friends go out to eat as one person can collect funds from everyone else and then immediate use those funds to pay for a meal on one card.

Cons

The web application for Venmo is laid out simply, and is slowly being phased out. You can no longer handle charges or transfer money on the web app, only the mobile app.

I'm also not a fan of some of the more social aspects of the platform. You must add a message to charge requests and payments. The app also encourages payments be shared, where they are collected on a timeline to be shown to friends.

Jordan C.

The Best Way to Send Money

Reviewed on 22/3/2021

Overall despite the dozens of offerings out there I don't think anything comes close to that of Venmo. It is so simple to use and gives small businesses the ability to accept cashless payments with the utmost ease. It also functions as a fun lite social media platform where people can have fun with the reasons they are getting paid. I think Venmo brings the best of PayPal and Social Media together to create the ultimate paying solution.

Pros

Venmo is the best payment solution out there. There are many competitors like Zelle, Cash App, Alipay, but I personally believe Venmo is the best. I appreciate the fact that it is backed by PayPal, one of the largest payment methods out there so you know the company can be trusted. I also like all of the additional offerings they have like the Venmo Credit & Debit card, which I both use. Using a QR code based system it makes knowing who you are paying much easier so you feel safe in sending the payment to the right person. It even features their profile photo so you know you have the right person.

Cons

I do not like that even with the Venmo Credit Card you still have to pay the credit card fee, it should be free for those with the Venmo credit card. I also think they should give you 60 seconds after you send the payment to verify it was in fact the right person and amount.

Emma T.

Can't live without it!

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

Venmo is one of my essential apps. In my office, we're always group-ordering meals and since everyone got Venmo, life has been so much easier. Not to mention whenever I happen to be somewhere without cash, I don't have to panic. If you're on the fence about this app, STOP HESITATING. Venmo is convenient, easy to use and FREE. You really can't beat that.

Pros

There is a reason Venmo is already used by so many people! Once Venmo is set up it is indispensable for anyone with a smartphone. I love that I have the option to use my Venmo balance or pay directly from my card or account. Instant transfers are so handy, especially because I am so bad about keeping cash on me. Venmo allows me to be responsible with my money without missing out on any fun.

Cons

There is a fee required to instantly transfer your Venmo funds into your bank account, but considering the app is free and you can always choose the standard transfer (which is free) I can't complain too much.

Kacie H.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy to use, just beware of social feed feature

Reviewed on 28/4/2020

Venmo is quick and easy, so it all depends on your preferences on cost, visibility and wide range of use.

Pros

I've only used personally and wouldn't necessarily recommend for professional use. It's designed as an easy, fast way to do user-to-user payments. But unlike Zelle, which is tied to your bank and automatically deposits the money into your account, using Venmo you need to manually transfer funds from the Venmo app to your personal bank accounts (or leave your balance in Venmo, for future payments to others).

Cons

I dislike that Venmo defaults to showing other people all of your transactions in Venmo's social network - while using socially it's a map to where you've been eating, and with whom. I always advise my friends, especially women, to be wary of posting live social media updates that give your exact location. For this reason, I recommend only conducting Venmo transactions once you've returned home from whatever activity needed payment transfer. I think Paypal is more widely recognized among Gen X and older users, while Millennials and Gan Z are more likely to prefer Venmo or Zelle.

Trying to reimburse someone for your share of a friend's surprise birthday present? Remember to be vague, or you've just blown the surprise! Using professionally, it could be an unintentional look into your clients or business expenses.

Venmo isn't free, either. You're charged 3% on any amount you send to someone else using your credit card.

Jimmy V.

Great Tool For Transactions

Reviewed on 9/9/2019

My overall experience have been great with venmo. I now use some other money transferring apps, but would always use venmo as my first choice. I only have other apps because some of the people I interact with does not have venmo themselves.

Pros

Venmo is extremely easy to use to transfer money. It is extremely popular, so it is rare that I have to ask the other individual to have to download the application before we can begin the transfer. But if they must, I have found that the process of attaching their bank information or credit card information is extremely easy. I can also transfer the money people pay me at anytime, and often times the money is only delayed by only a day (though some holidays I find that it interferes with the short transfer times).

Cons

There is nothing I can think of that can make this app better for what it does: transferring money.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best peer to peer payment solution

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

I was an early adopter of Venmo, even before it was acquired by Paypal. I loved that they innovated in the space to the point where a giant like Paypal was willing to acquire it. Having said that, I think the product has not had any meaningful value adds outside of what it initially came to market with, that is, peer-to-peer payment. I think they tried getting the social network aspect of it going, but it's somewhat failed to gain any good traction.

Pros

I love that you're able to send money to anyone in the world by using their phone number as the recipient's address. While I love this feature, it does open up room for errors which I know Venmo has iterated on to give a warning to the user if it's a new contact that you're trying to send money to.

Cons

I despise the performance of the app. It is extremely slow and takes too long to load new pages. It's a micro-moment of frustration that ultimately affects the level of trust one might have in the product.