PDFelement

PDF and document management solution with OCR functionality

4.3 /5 (298 reviews) Write a Review!

Michael L.

Pleased with Software

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

Almost immediately I started using advance features that I did not even know existed in my previous editor. On day two I was converting my old pdf forms which took no time at all with a very small learning curve. I really enjoy this software.

Pros

The interface is a slick as it gets. Very intuitive and clean. I can hardly believe it is so pleasurable to use. Good software community forums will almost always find an answer to any questions you may have. Support was within usual norms. I did not try calling support - just email.

Cons

Lacking in really good documentation. You will need to set up your own previewer for Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Explorer. While there is a solution to this, they refuse to acknowledge it, and removed it from their blog (marked as spam) because it mentions a competitors product. When the inquiry was sent to their email support, they did not recommend the solution either just saying it is not supported. I had to find it on my own. Initially, I had removed my Adobe and had to reinstall it and make a tweak to the settings so that I could view PDF's from within those programs. I'm not sure what to do with those html files. I guess you have to put them on a server and link to them but it doesn't really tell you.

Scott W.

Huge Time Saver

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

I am solving time by being able to make a quick edit to an existing PDF form where use to have to start from square one.

Pros

Great Value compared to other platforms. Ease of use along with regular how to blogs and videos that are sent out by the company. It saves me a ton of time being able to make a simple change to the many real estate forms and brochures where I would otherwise have to start over. I think the program has improved since I first bought the lifetime option about 2+ years ago. I am glad I did so. I use their Filmora Pro for my video editing which is how I found out about this alternative to the much more expensive and harder to use Adobe program.

Cons

It can sometime be a little slow to load when you have a brochure that has a large number of high resolution photos.

Matthew M.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great Alternative!

Reviewed on 16/8/2019

Pros

This software is a great alternative for anyone that is looking to function with .pdf files. The Adobe suite keeps creaping up in price and this software works very well as a functional alternative!

Cons

I haven't found any items that I dislike. So far it has been working great.

Response from Wondershare

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! :) We do try our best to offer the best support we can, then try improve on it more. Let us know if you need any help! We are here for you.

Rajkumar a T.

PDFelement by Wondershare provides you with Beautiful, simple, and lighter experience.

Reviewed on 4/7/2019

Pros

The first thing that attracts you about PDFelement is the GUI.
It is very beautiful to the eyes and clean and well-organized.

But more than that, it is so simple to use, coming with almost all the PDF solutions and features you would need.

Definitely a 5/5 since I have been using it from quite long, and it has never disappointed.

And yes, by lighter I mean the system memory it uses, and the setup file being clean and not bundled with bloatwares, etc..

Cons

I just wish it was portable too, and had a lifetime with free upgrades subscription also.

Daniel S.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

It works well for me

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

I have been able to use the product for filling in forms where alternatives, such as Word, do not function as well.

Pros

PDFelement provides the best ability to create fillable forms that I have found. I use it all the time to facilitate data entry and collection.

Cons

I feel the learning curve could be a bit less steep.

Henk T.

Great product

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

We can easily convert PDF documents to picture formats for social media posts and the main advantage of this tool is that we can edit and combine any type of PDF and export to all the most popular formats.

Pros

Great alternative to products such as Adobe Acrobat. More flexibility in terms of licensing in that you can buy a perpetual license and month to month licensing is also way more cost effective for a medium size enterprise.
User interface is easy to navigate and I can perform all the functions required to manage PDF documents.

Cons

The teams management portal can do with a revamp. It is not that easy to assign and move team members

PDFelement 6 Review

Reviewed on 24/5/2019

Works very well to prepare docs to emailed for signing which is my primary use.

Pros

Ability to edit pdf forms easily, prepare for signing. Highlighting areas to be signed, initialed, etc is easy to do. Like the sticky note feature when additional explanation is needed.

Cons

Top of page with the various options and icons - it is difficult to read the dark printing under the icons. Not sure if this is due to settings on my computer.

Joy C.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Good for Business

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

It secures important business files.

Pros

Easy to use. protect document for email sharing

Cons

difficult to re-install on new devices. key do not work readily.

Response from Wondershare

thanks for your support and distinguished feedback. I will record and forward it to the relevant department and update this as a customized option. Any further problems or concerns please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to http://support.wondershare.com/#/contact. The customer care team will email you a solution within 24 hours.

Daniel N.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

good app to edit pdfs

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Excelent, intuitive, well organized and once you get the hang of it really easy to use. Remember the free version watermark

Pros

Really easy interface to be able to edit pdf on the fly. I usually edit my pdfs so that they can be editable through a tablet and this program has everything i need. It does come with a payed version to remove the watermark, but all features come free with the donwload. Its as easy as getting your pdf and exporting itinto PDF Element and beggin editing. You can also view you pdf. Really good alterantive vrs other products that offer the same but on a more expensive price

Cons

Not much to complain about the app. It worked perfectly and it makes wht it is isaid to do. Really easy costumization.

Brian J.

Good add to digital toolbox.

Reviewed on 31/5/2019

Mostly simple stuff: managing PDFs and filling forms, with the occasional need to create a from-scratch PDF doc.

Pros

Better user experience than most of the other PDF software I've used. One-click access to the stuff I use the most often, with clear menu options (nomenclature makes sense) and options where I expect to find them. Super-solid at enabling form fill.

Cons

A little slow to load and opening some PDFs takes a second or two longer than some other competitors. Not a big deal, but probably worth knowing if you're opening a lot of PDFs every day.

Donny F.

The absolute easiest to use in my opinion is PDF element6.

Reviewed on 25/6/2018

Pros

I love the OCR features. Additionally I love the ability to create PDFs from screen captures. The editing capabilities of PDF element 6 are by far the easiest to use of all of the programs I've tried.

Cons

Sometimes all of the options available can be overwhelming. I wish there were more extensive tutorials available so that I could utilize the full capacity of this amazing software.

Michael S.

PDFelement GREAT Alternative to Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 4/7/2019

I utilize PDFelement as an educator to create files for staff and students to utilize. I design academic files that kids work on in the cloud online. The PDF files from this product work very well in OneNote 365. I have more than a few colleagues now using OneNote in conjunction with PDFelement. They prefer using PDFelement to Adobe and so do I.

Pros

One can buy just one license and be done paying money for the software. Adobe makes a user buy a monthly subscription. The ongoing monthly payments from Adobe are a pain.
PDFelement is very easy to use! Very intuitive!
The software empowers me to make edits easily to existing PDF files from other companies like Adobe. One can be very creative with this product!

Cons

The only thing I did not like about version 6 involved an existing PDF file. I was looking for a way to cover up content or lines in another PDF file using either a textbox or rectangle shape filled with color. Being able to write in that shape would have been nice too.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great tool for fast editing and creation of new PDFs

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

PDF optimization is superior to other software I've used. Very useful for editing PDFs, adding signatures and text to PDF forms etc. I used this multiple times a week.

Good optical character recognition

Cons

Sometimes breaks up text into too many fields when using OCR.

Easy to save over original document.

Haven't tried sharing and collaborating on documents but that would be a good extra feature.

Libin J.
  • Industry: Automotive

Cheap and Best PDF Professional

Reviewed on 24/5/2019

Excellent

Pros

It's cheap and the very best.. With constant updates

Cons

During updates, the application is completely removed and reinstalled.. Hence I have to every time select PDF element as the preferred app for PDF files

Lorenzo M.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Excellent!

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Pros

Easy editing, page extract function, clear rendering

Cons

The review function is missing what I consider an ESSENTIAL function: Add note to REPLACE text. This makes it difficult to correct misspellings, for instance

easy and works just like Adobe, only cheaper

Reviewed on 25/6/2018

Pros

full ability to combine, edit, and create PDF's. Very easy to use. Can even convert to Word, Excel, etc.

Cons

updates can be problematic at times but get resolved quickly. overall, I don't have many con's about the software

Simon E.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Lower cost alternative to Acrobat PDF editor

Reviewed on 20/9/2018

Our CAD designers needed to edit PDF format of drawings and merge PDF's. Lots of free tools did part of the job but not completely catering for all needs. PDFElements Professional did everything and more. All our designers use it daily and I get no more calls to help with PDF merging or editing.

Pros

Cost effective.
Simple yet powerful PDF editor with OCR (when Professional is purchased)

Cons

Volume licensing didn't offer much discount.

Anne C.

Overall, an excellent alternative to Adobe products. Basic version has all I need on a daily...

Reviewed on 28/6/2018

This product saved me a substantial sum of money. I'm a professional writer and copy editor, and most of the client files I work with come to me in PDF format. Being able to make comments, insertions and deletions in the document saves me time and saves the client money. I can't afford to purchase the Adobe package, so this is a great alternative for me.

Pros

It has the features I use the most: in-line text editing, ability to mark up client proofs and return in a format they can read, combine files, easily convert from other programs to PDF files and vice versa. If you've worked with other PDF software, this should be fairly easy to use. The pricing for the basic version is reasonable, and the combination of features and pricing is a good value.

Cons

Some of the editing features aren't intuitive and/or easy to access/figure out how to use. The program freezes up on certain functions, and I have to close and re-open files to accomplish a task. There are too many updates. It seems like every time I open a file, I'm prompted to update. I wish the publisher would batch updates and/or think ahead more so that they could make numerous changes at one time instead of the dribs and drabs they come in.

Rebecca B.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great ease of use

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

Easy to use, all employees enjoy the product and right now it is the only one we use. Will look into expanding service in June

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about the product at this time, When we expand our market and grow I will be curious to see if this product will be able to grow with us

Response from Wondershare

Hey Rebecca,

Great to see that your employees enjoy using PDFelement and that you're thinking about growing with us! If you have any questions, or if you would you like us to reach out to you regarding additional licenses, just let me know.

Best,
Rebecca

Full-featured solution for all of my PDF needs

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

Pros

Prior to using PDFelement, when I needed to do something with a PDF, I usually had to find disparate freeware software tools and web utilities which met my specific needs on a case-by-case basis. PDFelement is so feature packed that it's always capable of doing what I need it to do in every scenario. It's an all-in-one solution.

Cons

I've encountered irritating bugs from time to time, but the software is frequently updated, so the bugs I have encountered have gone away.

Dieudonné K.

PDFelement Good Applications

Reviewed on 18/9/2019

All business purpose accurately solved by PDFelement

Pros

PDFelement is a very good software who give to users the opportunity to implement their knowledge and grewup the jobs analysis

Cons

I like it because this plateforme arrange all users

• Industry: Hospitality

Such an easy to use piece of software

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

Pros

It integrates seamlessly into all the other software I use. The learning curve is fast. I love being able to edit pdfs

Cons

Nothing to say about this product in a negative light. It does what it says on the tin. I don't have anything more to add.

Yosimar M.

Wonderful PDF editor.

Reviewed on 16/5/2018

It is a great tool for any professional to have, it's editing features are just great, I really recommend it.

Pros

If you are the sole user of the program then it is really cheap. PDFelement has a lot of great features at much less price than adobe. It is also worth noting that it is extremely easy to use. It can allow you to make fillable PDF forms which I always use with my patients.

Cons

It can be a bit expensive (not as much as adobe though) if you want it to run on several computers. Also I have had some problems with PDF conversion mostly when there is a signature on the document.

Micha B.

Awesome alternative to Adobe

Reviewed on 3/11/2016

I love WonderShare because it does everything (and more) that Adobe does, for far less money. I use this software all the time to edit PDF's it's awesome.

Pros

Price and ease of use are the biggest Pros to WonderShare.

Cons

No cons

Response from Wondershare

Thank you for your support. We will do it better.

Cory T.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great product, Greater price!!

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Pros

It works great, does everything adobe does at about 1/10 the price!

Cons

It takes a few minutes to load in the beginning, but nothing more than that.