PDFelement

PDF and document management solution with OCR functionality

4.3/5
4.2/5
4.2/5
4.1/5

Sergio Rafael
  • Industry: Law Practice

PDF documents are easier to create and edit.

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Pros

In my job it is important to have a good handling of the legal documents we produce as these documents represent the legal and administrative structure of our company. We have always used for the final delivery of legal documentation files in PDF format as it is the format with the best presentation in the market.

PDF Element 6 is the highest performance software I have found for creating and editing documents in PDF format. The use of this software in our office has greatly improved our presentation and delivery of legal documents, as we can create them and add elements that strengthen the document such as the digital signature of our managers, photographs of administrative events which have to be approved or left in record, and modify documents that were already made. In general it is a first hand software that must be in our labor management since it complements and allows that our goals are fulfilled.

Cons

To incorporate this software in our office has been one of the best decisions we have made, and, complemented with other software we can fulfill in a positive way with each one of our goals, making our management very efficient. I have no negative elements to highlight from this software. I highly recommend it.

Johanne
  • Industry: Insurance

Review for Free Gift (prefer a Windows Version Please)

Reviewed on 15/8/2019

I like pdfElement. So far it's introduced no malware into my Mac like the Adobe and extensions were causing. With the exception of this survey request, I've received no replies to my questions via email to your customer support team. This is not acceptable.

Pros

I like the "page" layout that allows moving of pages within the document and inserting new pages.

Cons

1. The inability to "word search" within documents (or at least I haven't figured it out) .

2. The on screen "docusign" signature feature. I cannot figure it out and it is not user friendly to set up document signatures! Very complicated and cumbersome.

3. The inability to have one license (Mac or Windows) to serve me. I have to use 2 different operating systems (one for Mac and one for laptop WIN) in order to access each of the 34 carriers' platforms/systems. Having to purchase 2 separate licenses is costly and one license should permit at least 2 systems or 2 systems of differing platforms.

4. Customer support/communications: non-existinet

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

PDF Element appeared to have more functionality and less complicated. In some respects it is, but the inability to work cross-platforms for my very small business with only 2 devices that are different operating systems is becoming prohibitive. I may not renew my license at year's end unless someone can get a hold of me and resolve my issues.

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

Price point and reviews. However, I need a WINDOWS version but don't want to have to buy yet another license. No one has answered my emails about if I'm authorized to have a WIN version , or how to resolve any of my problems. Thanks!

Response from Wondershare

Thanks for your support and distinguished feedback. I will record and forward it to the relevant department and update this as a customized option. Any further problems or concerns, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to http://support.wondershare.com/#/contact. The customer care team will email you a solution within 24 hours.
If you didn't receive the email, you will find the email in your trash box. Could you please tell me your ticket number?

Harry
  • Industry: Management Consulting

PDFelement 6 has issues

Reviewed on 24/5/2019

I work with PDF documents every day. I don't use a lot of the advanced features, but when I do need them, I want them to work flawlessly, intuitively and efficiently. PDF Element 6 does NOT meet those requirements.

Pros

The cost was reasonable since I purchased it on sale. It allows up to 15 tabs to be open at one time and allows multiple instances of the program to run simultaneously.

Cons

1. It doesn't retain pinned documents. After a while, they become unpinned. Tech support is of no help. They say they can't duplicate the issue and just STOPPED helping me. Now, they ignore my service tickets for help.
2. It doesn't show all the open "tabbed" documents. They tend to disappear and then reappear.
3. Conversion from PDF to a document if very poor, especially to Word. The documents are unusable. A client used their program (Nitro Pro) for me and it was perfect. It's embarrassing when my client has to do a task that they are paying me to do.
4. Creating and using a "stamp" for a signature if very difficult and doesn't work well.
5. Converting a PDF to a form doesn't work well. It takes a lot of work (an hour or longer) to get it usable.
6. Every time the program is upgraded/updated it wipes out the setting for the default PDF program in Windows 10 (latest build)
7. The vertical scroll bar is very small and difficult to "grab" with my cursor. It would be easier to use if it was wider, or at least expanded when the cursor was close to it.
8. The program can run multiple instances, but still limits the total number of documents to 15.
9. I have a lot of issues trying to edit a PDF. It creates blocks of information instead of allowing free-form data entry/manipulation.
10. In PAGE mode, the images of the pages are so small that it's difficult to find the page I'm looking for. There isn't a zoom function so I spend too much time switching back and forth.

Daniel
  • Industry: Import & Export

EXCELLENT SOFTWARE WITH MANY FEATURES - CUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

I HAVE THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION WHICH WORKS GREAT , WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BEING ABLE TO CONTACT SOMEONE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. PLEASE IMPROVE THIS SERVICE AND OFFER A TRANSPARENT LINK FOR CONTACT SOMEWHERE ON YOUR WEBSITE.

Pros

I USE PDF ELEMENT EVERYDAY AND THE SOFTWARE IS EXCELLENT. FROM TIME TO TIME THE NEW UPDATES CONTAINED BUGS AND COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10. THE MOST FRUSTRATING PROBLEM WAS GETTING IN TOUCH WITH SOMEONE TO RESOLVE OR REPORT THE PROBLEM.

THERE IS NO CLEAR PATH NOR ON:LINE CHAT SERVICE AVAILABLE FOR THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE.
WHEN CONFRONTED WITH THESE COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS MY ONLY OPTION WAS TO DELETE THE SOFTWARE AND REINSTALL . I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Cons

VERY FLEXIBLE EDITING PLATFORM< THIS WORKS GREAT.

Adobe Acrobat Sign

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

I PREFER TO HAVE SOFTWARE THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE INTERNET ACCESS TO FULLY FUNCTION AS I TRAVEL EXTENSIVELY AND LIKE TO WORK OFFLINE SEAMLESSLY.
Michael

Pleased with Software

Reviewed on 12/4/2021

Almost immediately I started using advance features that I did not even know existed in my previous editor. On day two I was converting my old pdf forms which took no time at all with a very small learning curve. I really enjoy this software.

Pros

The interface is a slick as it gets. Very intuitive and clean. I can hardly believe it is so pleasurable to use. Good software community forums will almost always find an answer to any questions you may have. Support was within usual norms. I did not try calling support - just email.

Cons

Lacking in really good documentation. You will need to set up your own previewer for Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Explorer. While there is a solution to this, they refuse to acknowledge it, and removed it from their blog (marked as spam) because it mentions a competitors product. When the inquiry was sent to their email support, they did not recommend the solution either just saying it is not supported. I had to find it on my own. Initially, I had removed my Adobe and had to reinstall it and make a tweak to the settings so that I could view PDF's from within those programs. I'm not sure what to do with those html files. I guess you have to put them on a server and link to them but it doesn't really tell you.

Eva
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

PDFelement an affordable alternative to Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 8/1/2020

Adobe Acrobat stopped updating because it was not optimized for my new Mac operating system when I updated it. So I went to update it and the price 1) had gone up significantly and 2) they are trying to lock you into a monthly subscription. I was absolutely NOT interested. So I looked at PDF editor alternatives and came across PDFelement. It has been a great option for me. I create a lot of PDF forms and have to edit old documents. I am grateful to have found this product.

Pros

Affordable options for either subscription or license. Compatible with Mac. Professional options for more advanced editing of documents. Team options and ability to purchase for 20+ users.

Cons

There is a small learning curve if you are used to using Adobe Acrobat for so long. But it is a very small curve. No notable cons.

Scott

Huge Time Saver

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

I am solving time by being able to make a quick edit to an existing PDF form where use to have to start from square one.

Pros

Great Value compared to other platforms. Ease of use along with regular how to blogs and videos that are sent out by the company. It saves me a ton of time being able to make a simple change to the many real estate forms and brochures where I would otherwise have to start over. I think the program has improved since I first bought the lifetime option about 2+ years ago. I am glad I did so. I use their Filmora Pro for my video editing which is how I found out about this alternative to the much more expensive and harder to use Adobe program.

Cons

It can sometime be a little slow to load when you have a brochure that has a large number of high resolution photos.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

Value and the UI seemed to be more user friendly and I was using another product that they own for video editing and felt comfortable with using them for this program.
Andrea
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A great tool, even if you also have other pro applications.

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

It's great. I recommend it even if you have other professional applications to manage PDFs. The format conversion is excellent.

Pros

Two things stand out: first, the OCR capability. I always get great results. Second, the conversion from PDF to Word or other formats. Adobe does a good job, but the formatting is unwieldy (you have a text box full of text on every page, so it's a mess to edit). With PDF elements, it is much easier.

Cons

It's not that I don't like it, I just find it much more convenient to work with Adobe in the cloud.

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

For format conversion, I use PDF Elements. So I keep using two software (adobe and PDF elements.)

Response from Wondershare

Hi Andrea. Thanks for your recognition of the OCR compatibility and converting function. Regarding the cloud feature, would you please advise more details about the effect you want to achieve or customize? You may drop an email with more details at [email protected]rshare.com, then our product team can improve it in a more targeted manner. Thanks a lot for your time and patience!

Very easy to use and navigate

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

I am now able to generate sales collateral and incorporate advantages for as many different industries as I need without having to spend days on the process

Pros

Without being inundated with useless features, PDFelement provides exactly what I need; a quick download with every feature and function I need to customize sales collateral, on the fly, for various industries.

Cons

I have yet to encounter something I don’t like

Adobe Connect

Adobe Connect

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

I didn’t need all the features of the Adobe program and the investment was more than reasonable
Ivan Harris
  • Industry: Government Administration

Make Experiment with PDFelement

Reviewed on 23/2/2022

The software needs to improve its storage capacity especially when handling larger files. Other than that, I have no issues with using PDFelement at all.

Pros

PDFelement allows you to insert text and image you want without the hassle. It has also a very simple yet user friendly interface, which allows you to easily navigate the entire software. The price is also competitive, given the functionalities it has which is at par with some of the leading PDF editor software in the market.

Cons

There are times however that the software crashes especially when the file size is large. This prompts the user to restart all over again due to the technical error, although this is an isolated case only.

Response from Wondershare

Hi Ivan. Thanks for sharing your experience and we appreciate your recognition of its function and interface. Regarding the crash issue when you are processing large files, please update to the latest version to check if it helps. If not, you may drop an email with more details at [email protected] We'll put your case in the 1st priority and do the needful assistance for you ASAP.

It is our ultimate pursuit that users can use our software happily! So we hope there would be a chance for us to further look into your issue and fix it, thanks again!

Margaret

Much Needed

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Overall I am very happy with the product. I no longer am reliant on Adobe and was able to cancel my subscription. Saving me a few dollars every month.

Pros

The two functions I use the most:
1) Converting PDF to different extensions... Word and JPG
2) Combining PDF's and moving the pages around

In publishing these 2 tools are invaluable.

Cons

So far I have not had any problems with the software. It meets all of my needs.

I was disappointed when I switched to a new computer and was not able to download my PDF Element onto my new desktop. Having an online cloud version so I do not have to worry about licenses per computer would be nice. I operate off of 2 computers. One is a Mac and the other is a windows laptop.

Response from Wondershare

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! :) We do try our best to offer the best support we can, then try improve on it more. Let us know if you need any help! We are here for you.

Ryan
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great and affordable alternative to Acrobat!

Reviewed on 28/12/2021

Pros

The product is very versatile and allows for wide manipulation of PDF documents. I like it for combining multiple PDF documents and being able to employ a flexible Bates Numbering system.

Cons

Admittedly, many of the features are not super intuitive and take some time to learn. The digital signature setting is, in my opinion, inferior to the one in Adobe Reader, at least on a computer (rather than a tablet).

Hèlia
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great OCR

Reviewed on 25/6/2022

Pros

Our office loves the fact we can really trust on the OCR tool. We then sign the documents and keep all the text saved in a external server for AI processing.

Cons

This is a great software that works well in different platforms that I am unable to cite no issue.

pdfFiller, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Foxit PDF Reader

Soda PDF

Response from Wondershare

Hi Helia. Thanks for sharing your high recognition of the OCR tool and other features. It really encourages us a lot!

John

I use PDFelement almost daily for various files

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

Pros

I like the page manipulation, and the editing features. It saves me time from having to do all my work in a graphics program before converting to pdf files. Mostly I produce sheet music and lyrics for performance use by myself and other musicians, but I also use it for contracts and other business docs.

Cons

It's a screen and printer hog. For example:

I use a lot of kybd shortcuts and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 combinations to navigate away from PDFelement.

It also doesn't like to load in the background, often taking over the screen while I'm working in another program.

When printing, sometimes I prefer to use MS Print to PDF because I don't need to see the doc right away. Also, MS>PDF generally prints a smaller file size than PDFelement.

On some programs (like Excel) it insists on being the default pdf printer, which means when I choose MS > PDF as the printer, no document is produced; I have to choose PDFelement as the printer .

Matthew
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great Alternative!

Reviewed on 16/8/2019

Pros

This software is a great alternative for anyone that is looking to function with .pdf files. The Adobe suite keeps creaping up in price and this software works very well as a functional alternative!

Cons

I haven't found any items that I dislike. So far it has been working great.

Foxit PDF Reader

Mina
  • Industry: Human Resources

Best PDF editor equal to Value

Reviewed on 27/4/2022

Very Useful PDF editor and highly recommended for end user specialy small business.

Pros

very useful product, fast on edit and response time.
Save time while editing large size pdf.
Easy to use and verry friendly GUI

Cons

Suddenly get warnings message from firewall there is exploit in software.

Response from Wondershare

Hi Mina. Thanks for sharing your experience and we appreciate your HIGH recognition of its function and interface. Regarding the warnings message, could we confirm if you are still encountering this issue? If yes, you may drop an email with more details at [email protected] We'll put your case in the 1st priority and do the needful assistance for you ASAP. Your time and patience are highly appreciated!

Ujjwal

Probably the best PDF editor out there

Reviewed on 22/8/2018

PDFelement 6 is one of the best and also probably the best PDF editor I have ever used. The thing I loved about it the most is the UI, the functionality and the amazing extra functionality that it has. The OCR function for example is great to work with and it can easily recognize the accurate things from a scanned document using OCR easily.

Pros

The whole PDF editing experience with PDFelement 6 is so seamless and easy that it feels like you're using Microsoft Word to edit your docx files. There are a lot of this that this PDF editor does right.

1. It has a very nice user interface and it is very easy to use. The program is designed and developed in such a way that there is very less of a learning curve before you learn the whole program.

2. Apart from being a PDF editor, this program also has other important functionalities like OCR, data redacting capability and more.

3. Converting the PDF files to other formats like docx, xlxs, and even pptx is very simple and the program does a decent job to convert these files.

4. Wondershare pushes out important updates for the program every once in a while and these updates make the program even better.

Cons

There is not much of a downside to using this product but keep in mind that it is a PDF editor even though it has other functionalities like OCR etc. The conversion is good but it is not that great. The program does struggle a bit when it comes to converting complex documents like PDF to excel etc.

Dale
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Alternative to Adobe PDF

Reviewed on 23/5/2021

We use it every day to edit and modify PDF files. It's fast and it adheres to most drag and drop movements. However, if multiple PDF files needs to be combined, it needs to be done one by one.

Pros

This is a great piece of software that is an awesome substitution for Adobe Acrobat. It works well and the compression is nice, but it is not that lossless. It works, but it does downscale some graphics.

Cons

The licensing model really needs to be improved. There is a charge for every upgrade, although at the time of purchase, nothing like this was mentioned. Being that there are lots of licenses that were involved, this upgrade fee would be quite expensive.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

I recomment PDFElement

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

Pros

I use PDFelement to work with PDF files - and I much prefer it to Adobe Acrobat. PDFElement is feature-rich and generally easy to use.
I did have one problem with an upgrade - issues with installation. But customer support was able to get me sorted out.

Cons

Not much, actually. I find the product easy to use, and I'm happy with it!

Tohibullah
  • Industry: Information Services

Affordable PDF tool but needs to work on improving image recognition capabilities

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

An affordable PDF tool for our office needs.

Pros

PDFelement is serving many of our document management needs such as getting documents signed by our clients electronically. Our branding has improved because of integrating PDFelement as part of our doument management.

Cons

This software still needs to work on image recognition capabilities as there is ample room for improvement. Once we upload an invoice (say in jpg format), we expect the software to convert the same into text format with better accuracy.

PDFelement 6 Review

Reviewed on 24/5/2019

Works very well to prepare docs to emailed for signing which is my primary use.

Pros

Ability to edit pdf forms easily, prepare for signing. Highlighting areas to be signed, initialed, etc is easy to do. Like the sticky note feature when additional explanation is needed.

Cons

Top of page with the various options and icons - it is difficult to read the dark printing under the icons. Not sure if this is due to settings on my computer.

daniel
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

good app to edit pdfs

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Excelent, intuitive, well organized and once you get the hang of it really easy to use. Remember the free version watermark

Pros

Really easy interface to be able to edit pdf on the fly. I usually edit my pdfs so that they can be editable through a tablet and this program has everything i need. It does come with a payed version to remove the watermark, but all features come free with the donwload. Its as easy as getting your pdf and exporting itinto PDF Element and beggin editing. You can also view you pdf. Really good alterantive vrs other products that offer the same but on a more expensive price

Cons

Not much to complain about the app. It worked perfectly and it makes wht it is isaid to do. Really easy costumization.

Richard

PDF Element is the only real PDF editor and reader I use!

Reviewed on 27/6/2018

Easy edit of any PDF.

Pros

It's so easy to edit any PDF. Weather it is scanned in and OCR converted or a pre-made PDF converted Word document PDF Element works flawlessly. It makes putting together my customer proposals a snap. Easy to use and quick.

Cons

I really haven't found any, however I would like to see future versions of PDF Element contain an E-Sign feature in a very near future version

Darren
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

New User

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Pros

Simplistic and easy to use, although I haven't had the chance to use all elements. Mainly used for drawing review at this stage.

Cons

The use of the ipad pen is a little touchy when writing words. Works ok if drawing, but writing text can look a little like a child has written the text. At the moment will need to use typed test instead.

Prasenjit
  • Industry: Market Research

Surprisingly the best app

Reviewed on 22/7/2019

Pros

I was wondering what program to use to read my pdf files on my iPad..I googled and found PDFelement as one of the preferred application. I was not sure how good it would be. However, since I downloaded this I have stopped using all the other pdf readers. First it is very convenient to use. You can even sync your Dropbox with it. That’s just an amazing feature. It lets you highlight the texts with different colors. That’s a jot her feature I just love. You can color differently the texts based on your subject and preference. That makes work so easy. The instant sharing feature makes life easy. You can even use your finger if you don’t have an Apple Pencil to write or comment on the things. This is the best app I have come across lately considering all platforms. It has everything you need to do with your pdf files. Keep up the good work wondershare!

Cons

There is nothing so far I have experienced that can be termed as cons.