PDFelement

PDF and document management solution with OCR functionality

4.3 /5 (292 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
Industry: Farming

I love this program

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/8/2019

It has helped me be able to make brochures for the shops that carry my products. I can help them with advertising and make it work for their settings.

Pros

I love the ease with which I can take apart PDFs, redesign, and put them back together. It is intuitive to use, and I've enjoyed playing with the features! I so appreciate the helpful tips that the company sends through email as well.

Cons

I'm not that techy or design-savvy- it does exactly what I need it to do, and I don't need a lot of experience to figure it out. No cons as far as I am concerned.

Response from Wondershare

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! :) We do try our best to offer the best support we can, then try improve on it more. Let us know if you need any help! We are here for you.

Industry: Writing & Editing

I recomment PDFElement

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

Pros

I use PDFelement to work with PDF files - and I much prefer it to Adobe Acrobat. PDFElement is feature-rich and generally easy to use.
I did have one problem with an upgrade - issues with installation. But customer support was able to get me sorted out.

Cons

Not much, actually. I find the product easy to use, and I'm happy with it!

Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

Very easy to use and navigate

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

I am now able to generate sales collateral and incorporate advantages for as many different industries as I need without having to spend days on the process

Pros

Without being inundated with useless features, PDFelement provides exactly what I need; a quick download with every feature and function I need to customize sales collateral, on the fly, for various industries.

Cons

I have yet to encounter something I don’t like

Hiro K.
Industry: Public Policy

It's a good product to choose for people who are tired of ripping off.

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Pros

PDFelement's value for money has been a large pro for me. Moreover, it does provide all the needed functionalities and goes beyond other PDF readers. I particuarly get frustrated when some readers mess up the original documents and provide no way to edit. Yet, PDFelement just does the work. Some features like digital signatures, watermarking, covering photos into PDF and etc. are really nice as often not available in free software.

Cons

I often find those services frustrating because of poor customer services. However, PDFelement's customer services are good and rapid. Of course, you don't meet always what you want due to several reasons, but they still try to solve. Hence, so far I don't have any problem with it.

Sergio rafael E.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

PDF documents are easier to create and edit.

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Pros

In my job it is important to have a good handling of the legal documents we produce as these documents represent the legal and administrative structure of our company. We have always used for the final delivery of legal documentation files in PDF format as it is the format with the best presentation in the market.

PDF Element 6 is the highest performance software I have found for creating and editing documents in PDF format. The use of this software in our office has greatly improved our presentation and delivery of legal documents, as we can create them and add elements that strengthen the document such as the digital signature of our managers, photographs of administrative events which have to be approved or left in record, and modify documents that were already made. In general it is a first hand software that must be in our labor management since it complements and allows that our goals are fulfilled.

Cons

To incorporate this software in our office has been one of the best decisions we have made, and, complemented with other software we can fulfill in a positive way with each one of our goals, making our management very efficient. I have no negative elements to highlight from this software. I highly recommend it.

Mathushan C.
Industry: Computer Software

My Real Review on PDFelement Sofware

Reviewed on 22/6/2020

I am a Software Technician from SriLanka. I have to make invoices and documents for my customers daily. One my first week I struggled to choose a software for my all type of Documentation Work. After my friend shared this software on Gmail. Then I Tested this Sofware in a Trial Version and now I like this Software as best. I bought the premium version of it and still using it for more than 2 years.

Pros

I think it is the #01 Software to make and edit pdf Documents and Word Documents in a Laptop. I like most the Cloud Service on this Software and I have listed the Things I Like in this software.

1. Cloud Service
2. Can edit a Non Editable PDF
3. Add anything we want from the internet
4. Can add Signature

Cons

Yes. I think bits of Updates have to be done in this software. I have listed the things I would like to add to this Software.

1. Compatibility Of Linux OS
2. Fast Loading Feature

And there is nothing I have to tell about the things I would like to add to this software.

Anna A.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Buggy

Reviewed on 3/9/2019

Pros

It's inexpensive, and has a lot of great features. You can simply use it to stamp signatures , you can draw on the pdfs and add text or photographs, you can hightlight etc, convert to OCR .... OR...you can write your own fillable forms.

Cons

It's buggy. When editing or writing fillable forms, it tends to freeze up. The next thing on my list, is that it's slow to use to draw over pdfs. Re-selecting the tools manually is a drag. I wish you could set the tool as default unless reselecting

Melissa B.
Industry: Entertainment

This software gives me an easy way to convert PDFs for use on the website I produce.

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

The software makes it possible for me to convert magazine content for use on our organization's web site.

Pros

The product gives me almost everything I need to convert content from our organization's magazine to text for use on our web site. The interface is simple and direct, and I use it daily.

Cons

Because I am converting from a magazine layout, I sometimes have to cut and paste a great deal to get the text into the correct order. The software doesn't recognize the breaks that occur when text is wrapped around graphics in a magazine layout.

Nikki S.
Industry: Real Estate

PDF made easy

Reviewed on 3/9/2019

Has been great.

Pros

Easy, intuitive layout. Optical reader great for businesses that need to edit image media into pdf documents. Works great in Mac & PC environment.

Cons

One time license purchase can be pricey if deploying across a large number of machines. Have to pay to keep paying to upgrade to current version.

Purchase of PRO version SHOULD give you free version updates in perpetuity. Incentive to buy the better package.

Tiffany F.
Industry: Legal Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy! Love it!

Reviewed on 25/6/2018

Job productivity, amazing tool. Time saver.

Pros

It's user-friendly. I can easily switch pages around for documents, convert to PDF, extract pages, add things, convert things with OCR. I love it! I have to manipulate so many documents and need to do it reasonably fast. This product has made my job much easier!

Cons

Super small thing- but sometimes when I am switching pages around, it's really hard to tell without refreshing, etc if the pages have rearranged to the order I want. It's the only issue I have with PDF Element.

Eric G.

Good, but Not Great

Reviewed on 24/5/2019

Just OK.

Pros

Software gives me the ability to review and mark up pdf legal documents.

Cons

1. Inability to open multiple instances of tabs or software so that I can compare two open documents at the same time. Switching between screens is time consuming. 2. Frequent crashes, particularly when OCR conversion is occurring.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

William d L.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Review of PDFelement

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Pros

We usually use this programs daily when sending forms, contracts and other documents that needing signatures or notes made about changes. This program makes for easier and faster completion of the project, where my agents can use whatever device they are at to send, read and adjust the form.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet that we don't like. Very happy with it

Response from Wondershare

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.
We are thrilled that you loved your experience.
We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.
So thankful for your kind encouragement again!

Douglas C.
Industry: Internet
Company size: Self Employed

PDFelement Does What I Need!

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 10/6/2020

An online search for a product that would allow me to edit, sign and convert documents found me PDFelements and a review of their website told me all I needed to know to believe this was the product I needed. Since then, I have used it sparingly, but love that it is at the ready when I need it. It gets the job done and delivers on what I need it to do.

Pros

PDFelement allows you to easily and seamlessly create, edit, convert and sign PDF documents on computer. It is easy to use with an intuitive functionality that gets you up and running very quickly.

Cons

I have not discovered anything about PDFelement to dislike or that I think needs improvement. It's a comprehensive and intuitive program that delivers.

Jeff C.
Industry: Construction

Excellent PDF Software. Way better than Adobe Acrobat Pro and way cheaper, too! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

We dropped our monthly Adobe software subscription and wanted just Acrobat Pro. Way too expensive. Saved a tremendous amount of money by going with Element, and the extra benefit was this is a superior piece of software.

Pros

Great features. Excellent for all types of document management. Fast on tasks like combine and create PDFs. Easy page navigation and management. Overall just an excellent piece of software.

Cons

The Add Text feature is a little lame. Having to click on it each time to add text seems underdeveloped. This could be greatly improved. Click on it one time and it should be activated for as long as you are adding text to a document. Also, at times I experience weird font issues where it will change fonts or change bold/regular while editing text. I think overall the graphic design/text management could be improved upon. It's not bad, it's just that it could be way better.

Response from Wondershare

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestion on the "Add Text" feature, I totally agree with you!

Best,
Rebecca

Jeff D.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent Interactive PDF Creator & Manipulator

Reviewed on 2/2/2019

Pros

Easy to use and modify existing and newly created PDF files. High level bookmarks allow for easy document splitting of bulk items while automatically renaming the split file based of entered information into the bookmark. OCR functionality works fairly well in trying to render non-PDF files into editable formats.

Cons

Ribbon bar can get a bit tedious to use. Some options for editing are split between multiple tabs causing some disconnect as to what option to hit to do which task. Feel they tried to simplify the layout which actually adds a level of confusion.

Devin G.
Industry: Law Practice

PDFelement 6 is fantastic and way better than Adobe!

Reviewed on 22/6/2018

Not having to use Adobe. Smiling when messing with PDFs.

Pros

Ease of combining and converting PDFs, slick interface with most valuable features easy to find and implement. Inserting and removing pages to and from multiple PDFs is a snap!

Cons

Trying to turn multiple pages at once can be a pain to figure out orientation. Program does not play well with Microsoft OneNote, which we use frequently.

Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Feature packed PDF editing software

Reviewed on 17/5/2019

Pros

With PDF Element I can accomplish everything I've needed to on PDFs. This has included combining, separating, editing, and even redacting information.

Cons

I find it difficult sometimes to find out how to do something in PDF Element. I am constantly going to the support pages to find out where in the menu system a certain feature is.

Andrew M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Very functional and a bunch cheaper than Adobe!

Reviewed on 20/2/2019

I use this software to edit and create PDF forms in my practice, including forms that are fillable and returnable for my clients. This saves on in-office time and paperwork.
I use PDF Element with Word quite a lot, and like the compatibility.
I use a lot of Wondershare software and like the company, including their customer support.

Pros

It is fast to learn, and I love the compatibility with Word (also with many other formats). You can do pretty much all kinds of editing in a document to suit your needs.

Cons

There is no real con. Once you get used to the boxes and editing capabilities it flows nicely.

Toni P.
Industry: Insurance

PDFelement 6

Reviewed on 3/10/2018

Mostly positive. I'm not a high level user so sometimes it can be frustrating trying to figure things out and I am not able to always find the answer on the website.

Pros

Software is pretty user friendly and the Wondershare is good about sending emails providing instruction on how to complete certain tasks and use certain features.

Cons

When converting from Excel to pdf the document comes up a blank page until I change the page view percentage. Only seems to happen with Excel.

Ariana F.
Industry: Libraries

Gorgeous

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 13/7/2019

Pros

Incredible design a great document management

Cons

I would include a changing color feature

Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Easier than Acrobat!

Reviewed on 23/5/2019

This is a well develop product. Their customer service is fast and efficient. It never crashed on me. The best is that when you pay for this product, that's it, it's yours to keep. This is my first choice, hands down!

Pros

The program is easy to use and does not have a high learning curve. It has great functionality and In my opinion is easier to use than Acrobat. What's even better is that it doesn't have the ridiculous rental fees or price than Acrobat currently has.

Cons

There's is nothing I like the least. Since switching from Acrobat to this software, I'm able to save time at job. No crashes, and easy to use.

Anna A.
Industry: Architecture & Planning
Company size: Self Employed

I'm fairly happy with the product. It was inexpensive and and works well now

Reviewed on 28/6/2018

I use it for pretty much everything.

Pros

I purchased the product for the price, but all things considered, it doesn't seem any better or any worse than the better known competitor.

Cons

I don't like the combine feature and the way it creates a separate folder. I also don't like the saveas command. It seems to be reinventing the wheel.

Beth G.
Industry: Construction

We needed a way to enter information on PDF files.

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

The ability to add to and edit PDF files with ease.

Pros

How easy it is to navigate through any function. Merging pages together is probably my favorite function.

Cons

I do wish there was a cut function so you could move things around pages easier. That would be very helpful

Response from Wondershare

Hey Beth,

Glad to hear that it's easy to navigate through the software! Just wanted to clarify the "cut" suggestion that you have given - we have the option to cut and paste in PDFelement (accessed through selecting the object, then doing a right click), are you looking for something different?

Best,
Rebecca
User Engagement

Roy C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Meets our needs very effectively

Reviewed on 17/5/2019

We regularly receive PDF documents that we must convert to Excel for upload into databases. We also have occasional need to edit PDF files or convert to other file formats.

Pros

We use this as our primary tool to manage and edit PDF documents. We also use the conversion tools to convert from PDF to Excel. This alignment and quality seems better than alternatives we have tried for the specific documents we convert each month.

Cons

A little slow to load but no slower than other options with such robust features.

Travis B.

Good program

Reviewed on 25/6/2018

Pros

It duplicates most of the functionality of Adobe Acrobat at a fraction of the cost. Plus, the user experience is just as easy.

Cons

It didn't have the OCR capabilities that allowed us to edit text. When we tried doing it in Adobe Acrobat, we could. That was the only difference we found between the two.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10