PDFelement

Travis
  • Industry: Machinery

Overall, a great affordable alternative to Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 20/4/2023

Overall, Wondershare PDFelement is a powerful PDF editing software with a wide range of features for basic and intermediate PDF editing needs. However, users who require advanced features, have budget constraints, or need extensive customer support may need to consider alternative options.

Pros

Comprehensive PDF Editing: Wondershare PDFelement offers a wide range of PDF editing features, allowing for easily modifying text, images, and other content in PDF documents. The software also supports advanced editing capabilities such as OCR (Optical Character Recognition) that allows you to edit scanned PDFs and convert them into editable formats.Intuitive User Interface: The user interface of PDFelement is clean, modern, and user-friendly, making it easy for both beginners and experienced users to navigate and use the software. The toolbar is well-organized with icons that are easy to understand, and the software provides clear instructions and prompts throughout the editing process.

Cons

Limited Advanced Features: While PDFelement offers a wide range of basic and intermediate PDF editing features, it may lack some of the advanced features that are available in other premium PDF editing software. For users who require highly advanced functionalities, such as advanced data extraction, advanced OCR capabilities, or complex document automation, they may need to look for alternative solutions.OCR Accuracy: While PDFelement's OCR feature is useful for converting scanned documents into editable formats, the accuracy of the OCR may vary depending on the quality of the scanned document. In some cases, users may need to manually correct errors or make adjustments to ensure accurate text recognition.

Adobe Acrobat
Eva
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

PDFelement an affordable alternative to Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 8/1/2020

Adobe Acrobat stopped updating because it was not optimized for my new Mac operating system when I updated it. So I went to update it and the price 1) had gone up significantly and 2) they are trying to lock you into a monthly subscription. I was absolutely NOT interested. So I looked at PDF editor alternatives and came across PDFelement. It has been a great option for me. I create a lot of PDF forms and have to edit old documents. I am grateful to have found this product.

Pros

Affordable options for either subscription or license. Compatible with Mac. Professional options for more advanced editing of documents. Team options and ability to purchase for 20+ users.

Cons

There is a small learning curve if you are used to using Adobe Acrobat for so long. But it is a very small curve. No notable cons.

Readdle PDF Expert

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

Adobe was TOO expensive and has switched to a subscription model.

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

PDF Expert currently does not allow you to make PDF forms. Otherwise, both were feasible options.
Frank
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Nasty Surprise

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Pros

Interface is relatively straightforward and easy to use.

Cons

Stability problems dealing with larger pdfs, started getting worse when version 7 launched and the developer decided they needed more revenue. We will probably not be buying the upgrade.

Tungsten Power PDF

Cost

Tungsten Power PDF
Andrea
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A great tool, even if you also have other pro applications.

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

It's great. I recommend it even if you have other professional applications to manage PDFs. The format conversion is excellent.

Pros

Two things stand out: first, the OCR capability. I always get great results. Second, the conversion from PDF to Word or other formats. Adobe does a good job, but the formatting is unwieldy (you have a text box full of text on every page, so it's a mess to edit). With PDF elements, it is much easier.

Cons

It's not that I don't like it, I just find it much more convenient to work with Adobe in the cloud.

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

For format conversion, I use PDF Elements. So I keep using two software (adobe and PDF elements.)

Response from Wondershare

Hi Andrea. Thanks for your recognition of the OCR compatibility and converting function. Regarding the cloud feature, would you please advise more details about the effect you want to achieve or customize? You may drop an email with more details at [email protected], then our product team can improve it in a more targeted manner. Thanks a lot for your time and patience!

Mohammad
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

PDFelement is your best choice when we talk about document.

Reviewed on 17/2/2023

Truly one of the best applications used.

Truly one of the best applications used.

Pros

Security as it is not easy to steel your work and convert it after it is a PDF by others, it helps you protect your work.

Cons

The file size might be larger than it should be compared to other applications.

Foxit PDF Reader

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

The updates are being done in a great way, bugs are less, support is great.

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

Price is great, options are wonderful, and support is always there for you.
David
David

Pdf element- practical, useful and accessible

Reviewed on 8/5/2023

A function that I am very grateful for is the reading mode, which is a kind of night mode, it is very useful when reading large amounts of text since it doesn’t make your eyes bleed and you can read in a more comfortable way, since it is a software that is installed on your device makes editing and up and closing a document fast, something I like is that you can look up the meaning of a word or phrase in Wikipedia within the same application without leaving the document.

Pros

Something that I like is its interface since it is simple and doesn’t have confusing menus which facilitates its navigation and makes it easy to edit documents, a tool that stands out is that you can translate parts of the document into multiple languages, something that I had not seen in other PDF programs. It has useful tools that are not available in other PDF editors like Excel table recognition, you can recognize Excel tables in a PDF document and copy them to an Excel file, this saves you a lot of time and effort when editing and extracting content from a PDF.

Cons

Something that I don't like and that they should improve is the customer support since it is almost non-existent, the OCR is sometimes not accurate which can be very tedious, and when handling a file with many pages it usually gets slow.

Halimatun
Halimatun
  • Industry: Accounting

Wonderful PDF editor

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Pros

I love PDFelement because almost every tools and editor that i need for editing PDF document can be found in here. The OCR tools is quite accurate in text scanning and can separate between text, box and picture on the document accurately. It is very hard to find an OCR tools that can do it efficiently.

Cons

The first experience operating this software is not too smooth, as many of the tools is quite strange for me, and the manual guide is not detailed enough to explain each of the tools functionality. It might need slight learning curves, but after you passed it, this software is very helpful in editing PDF document.

Ivan Harris
Ivan Harris
  • Industry: Government Administration

Make Experiment with PDFelement

Reviewed on 23/2/2022

The software needs to improve its storage capacity especially when handling larger files. Other than that, I have no issues with using PDFelement at all.

Pros

PDFelement allows you to insert text and image you want without the hassle. It has also a very simple yet user friendly interface, which allows you to easily navigate the entire software. The price is also competitive, given the functionalities it has which is at par with some of the leading PDF editor software in the market.

Cons

There are times however that the software crashes especially when the file size is large. This prompts the user to restart all over again due to the technical error, although this is an isolated case only.

Response from Wondershare

Hi Ivan. Thanks for sharing your experience and we appreciate your recognition of its function and interface. Regarding the crash issue when you are processing large files, please update to the latest version to check if it helps. If not, you may drop an email with more details at [email protected]. We'll put your case in the 1st priority and do the needful assistance for you ASAP.

It is our ultimate pursuit that users can use our software happily! So we hope there would be a chance for us to further look into your issue and fix it, thanks again!

Dale
Dale
  • Industry: Utilities

Great Alternative to Adobe PDF

Reviewed on 23/5/2021

We use it every day to edit and modify PDF files. It's fast and it adheres to most drag and drop movements. However, if multiple PDF files needs to be combined, it needs to be done one by one.

Pros

This is a great piece of software that is an awesome substitution for Adobe Acrobat. It works well and the compression is nice, but it is not that lossless. It works, but it does downscale some graphics.

Cons

The licensing model really needs to be improved. There is a charge for every upgrade, although at the time of purchase, nothing like this was mentioned. Being that there are lots of licenses that were involved, this upgrade fee would be quite expensive.

Zaid

The smoothest PDF editor

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Pros

I love PDFelement it is the best PDF editor software, and I like that it does not consume device resources. Also, PDFelement contains all PDF editing tools.

Cons

The OCR tool of this software PDFelement is somehow bad and do not give accurate results and do not support a lot of languages.

Margaret

Much Needed

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Overall I am very happy with the product. I no longer am reliant on Adobe and was able to cancel my subscription. Saving me a few dollars every month.

Pros

The two functions I use the most:
1) Converting PDF to different extensions... Word and JPG
2) Combining PDF's and moving the pages around

In publishing these 2 tools are invaluable.

Cons

So far I have not had any problems with the software. It meets all of my needs.

I was disappointed when I switched to a new computer and was not able to download my PDF Element onto my new desktop. Having an online cloud version so I do not have to worry about licenses per computer would be nice. I operate off of 2 computers. One is a Mac and the other is a windows laptop.

Response from Wondershare

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! :) We do try our best to offer the best support we can, then try improve on it more. Let us know if you need any help! We are here for you.

Jess
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Never use the free trial

Reviewed on 14/5/2021

Catastrophic

Catastrophic

Pros

Nothing. It was clunky, awkward and ultimately so below the quality of Adobe that I removed, but when I did--I realized it had converted every single PDF unreadable by any program but its own. These are PDF's I didn't even open with this program. It's basically a virus.

Cons

I used the free trial. I opened and tried to work with ONE document and the program infected every other PDF on my computer, rendering all useless as they would not open in ADOBE or WORD once I had deleted the program. I would not call this an app--I would call it a virus

Hèlia
Hèlia
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great OCR

Reviewed on 25/6/2022

Pros

Our office loves the fact we can really trust on the OCR tool. We then sign the documents and keep all the text saved in a external server for AI processing.

Cons

This is a great software that works well in different platforms that I am unable to cite no issue.

pdfFiller, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Foxit PDF Reader

Soda PDF

Response from Wondershare

Hi Helia. Thanks for sharing your high recognition of the OCR tool and other features. It really encourages us a lot!

Sergio Rafael
Sergio Rafael
  • Industry: Law Practice

PDF documents are easier to create and edit.

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Pros

In my job it is important to have a good handling of the legal documents we produce as these documents represent the legal and administrative structure of our company. We have always used for the final delivery of legal documentation files in PDF format as it is the format with the best presentation in the market.

PDF Element 6 is the highest performance software I have found for creating and editing documents in PDF format. The use of this software in our office has greatly improved our presentation and delivery of legal documents, as we can create them and add elements that strengthen the document such as the digital signature of our managers, photographs of administrative events which have to be approved or left in record, and modify documents that were already made. In general it is a first hand software that must be in our labor management since it complements and allows that our goals are fulfilled.

Cons

To incorporate this software in our office has been one of the best decisions we have made, and, complemented with other software we can fulfill in a positive way with each one of our goals, making our management very efficient. I have no negative elements to highlight from this software. I highly recommend it.

John

I use PDFelement almost daily for various files

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

Pros

I like the page manipulation, and the editing features. It saves me time from having to do all my work in a graphics program before converting to pdf files. Mostly I produce sheet music and lyrics for performance use by myself and other musicians, but I also use it for contracts and other business docs.

Cons

It's a screen and printer hog. For example:

I use a lot of kybd shortcuts and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 combinations to navigate away from PDFelement.

It also doesn't like to load in the background, often taking over the screen while I'm working in another program.

When printing, sometimes I prefer to use MS Print to PDF because I don't need to see the doc right away. Also, MS>PDF generally prints a smaller file size than PDFelement.

On some programs (like Excel) it insists on being the default pdf printer, which means when I choose MS > PDF as the printer, no document is produced; I have to choose PDFelement as the printer .

Brian
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Transitioning from Acrobat was easier than expected

Reviewed on 22/6/2018

I didn't get to be robbed by Adobe for their software. Upon renting another current Adobe product, that application uninstalled my paid version Acrobat Pro. This is a very underhanded tactic to get users to purchase/lease new software. With WonderShare I get nearly immediate response to any problems I might have. I get a well developed software that has never crashed (can't say that about Acrobat) and once it was paid for, it was freely my own. This is a great product and I will continue to recommend it.

Pros

Everything that I look for in Acrobat without the ridiculous price or rental fees. It's fast and efficient and well thought out. Some of the layout could use tweaking but everything takes time and I'm very satisfied with how it works.

Cons

There are a couple glitches that can be frustrating. Although the software is updated regularly, upon each update/upgrade it loses its file association to PDFs. When printing from an application to PDF, very often if PDF Element is not open the print does not complete although the application does open. Obviously you can print a second time, but it is something to take note of. I keep a desktop folder of PDF files that gets updated daily and when using PDF Element is opened it defaults only to the desktop and not the same folder. There doesn't appear to be a setting for this default. And the biggest con for me that is the most annoying is that it does not support WIA or TWAIN and you cannot scan directly into the application to PDF like you would normally do with Acrobat.

Response from Wondershare

Hey Brian,

Glad to hear that you had an easy transition! Thank you for your detailed notes on printing PDFs. I've reported it to the developers who will take a look.

Best,
Rebecca

Mina
  • Industry: Human Resources

Best PDF editor equal to Value

Reviewed on 27/4/2022

Very Useful PDF editor and highly recommended for end user specialy small business.

Pros

very useful product, fast on edit and response time.
Save time while editing large size pdf.
Easy to use and verry friendly GUI

Cons

Suddenly get warnings message from firewall there is exploit in software.

Response from Wondershare

Hi Mina. Thanks for sharing your experience and we appreciate your HIGH recognition of its function and interface. Regarding the warnings message, could we confirm if you are still encountering this issue? If yes, you may drop an email with more details at [email protected]. We'll put your case in the 1st priority and do the needful assistance for you ASAP. Your time and patience are highly appreciated!

Wale
Wale

A great alternative to Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 14/5/2021

PDFelement has greatly helped me in managing my business and staying productive. Filling out PDF forms, editing documents, and creating invoices are what I mostly use the program for.

Pros

Compared to available alternatives, PDFelement is affordable. Batch processing, OCR text recognition, PDF conversion, and other tools available in this program make it the only PDF software one will ever need. The mobile version also works better than expected. It's also easy to use.

Cons

I've been using this program for a while and honestly, I haven't been able to pinpoint something I don't particularly like about it.

Adobe Acrobat

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

PDEelement is a lot cheaper.
Rajkumar A
Rajkumar A

PDFelement by Wondershare provides you with Beautiful, simple, and lighter experience.

Reviewed on 4/7/2019

Pros

The first thing that attracts you about PDFelement is the GUI.
It is very beautiful to the eyes and clean and well-organized.

But more than that, it is so simple to use, coming with almost all the PDF solutions and features you would need.

Definitely a 5/5 since I have been using it from quite long, and it has never disappointed.

And yes, by lighter I mean the system memory it uses, and the setup file being clean and not bundled with bloatwares, etc..

Cons

I just wish it was portable too, and had a lifetime with free upgrades subscription also.

Tara

It is ok

Reviewed on 25/6/2018

just being able to edit my pdfs on my mac. still not as good as the product i use on my pc, but ok.

Pros

I do like being able to edit my PDF, I happy that you added the Signature Feature. Another good feature is being able to convert to more than just Word.

Cons

I feel the prior version has less bugs than the new version and I wish I had made note of them all. Trouble locating the new options in the edit menus i.e. "Signature" is under "more" in "Comments" not quite intuitive and the program crashes a lot. Still not able to effectively manage fonts because I can pick on font and get something completely different when it prints or after saving.

Oleksandr
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simple file transformation with incredible quality

Reviewed on 5/1/2023

I am satisfied, as our company has benefited from the program since we installed it; for example, we often use a file transformation mechanism to send invoices to suppliers and promote streamlining operations by strategically placing and viewing PDF documents. The program certainly gets a lot of attention because it is specialized software, and the files are essential to promote labor savings in this age of rapidly expanding data.

Pros

The quality of the files is because I have been using PDFelement for quite some time and performing fascinating management of the files it contains. I have achieved solid performance, improving the files' shape and concept while processing. I like using it because the program's tools can be navigated and tweaked without the assistance of a guru.

Cons

The application could use some tweaking in terms of the functions' specific layout, the shortcuts' iconography and the ease with which one task moves to the next.

Justin

Great for quick PDF Scans, especially for students!

Reviewed on 11/10/2023

Great app for students to quickly scan documents from their phone without the need for a physical scanner!

Pros

I used PDFelement throughout my "Zoom Education", specifically during written exams which had to then be scanned and digitally submitted. Taking an exam on Zoom was already stressful enough, but worrying about then having to go to a scanner as well and transfer the file to the computer was too much work with potential for error. By using PDFelement on my phone, I was able to easily scan as many documents as I want with ease. The app allows me to format the scans as needed, even combining multiple scans into one single PDF. Then, I can immediately AirDrop or email the file to myself, allowing me to upload the PDF on my computer instantly!

Cons

Perhaps not much of an issue anymore, but there were certainly times (especially when using the flash on my phone), that the app would freeze and I'd have to restart it. Didn't take too much time, but still an inconvenience.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

I recomment PDFElement

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

Pros

I use PDFelement to work with PDF files - and I much prefer it to Adobe Acrobat. PDFElement is feature-rich and generally easy to use.
I did have one problem with an upgrade - issues with installation. But customer support was able to get me sorted out.

Cons

Not much, actually. I find the product easy to use, and I'm happy with it!

Melissa
Melissa
  • Industry: Entertainment

This software gives me an easy way to convert PDFs for use on the website I produce.

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

The software makes it possible for me to convert magazine content for use on our organization's web site.

Pros

The product gives me almost everything I need to convert content from our organization's magazine to text for use on our web site. The interface is simple and direct, and I use it daily.

Cons

Because I am converting from a magazine layout, I sometimes have to cut and paste a great deal to get the text into the correct order. The software doesn't recognize the breaks that occur when text is wrapped around graphics in a magazine layout.

daniel
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

good app to edit pdfs

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Excelent, intuitive, well organized and once you get the hang of it really easy to use. Remember the free version watermark

Pros

Really easy interface to be able to edit pdf on the fly. I usually edit my pdfs so that they can be editable through a tablet and this program has everything i need. It does come with a payed version to remove the watermark, but all features come free with the donwload. Its as easy as getting your pdf and exporting itinto PDF Element and beggin editing. You can also view you pdf. Really good alterantive vrs other products that offer the same but on a more expensive price

Cons

Not much to complain about the app. It worked perfectly and it makes wht it is isaid to do. Really easy costumization.