Epos Now

Secure electronic point of sale (POS) system

3.7/5
3.8/5
3.8/5
3.6/5

Wojciech S.

Excellent POS system for various types of business, expecially hospitality ones

Reviewed on 21/7/2018

Pros

- great 24/7 support team
- elastic SAAS solution that can be customised for various business needs
- cloud-based solution that can work on any device and any operating system

Cons

- pricing seems fine initially but the sales team constantly keep pushing for paid support plan - this might be expensive
- As this is a massive provider, you might sometimes wait a long time for your new features to be implemented

Response from Epos Now

Hello Wojciech,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have found our software to be so useful and that you have had the chance to speak to our excellent support team.

We are consistently improving our software based on customer feedback so do keep an eye out for our regular software releases.

If there is anymore feedback you would like to add we would love to hear from you at [email protected]

Kind Regards,

Naiomi

Anna M.

Amazing

Reviewed on 8/2/2020

Great customer support, very easy to use brilliant for accountancy and amazing software

Pros

To be honest is pretty much nothing I consult with this software it is absolutely amazing I love the statistics on it the graphs all the financial information that you can gain and the simplicity of it all the amount of information you can extract about your business is Colossal.

Cons

Only downfall was the free tanning app. Not in-depth enough to move with the speed of our company growth. Tanning App was extremely basic. I approached them on many occasions to try and develop it further but it was not possible. There was no tanning applications that were able to integrate with it either. So I had to look for alternative software. Such a shame I really didn’t want to move from Epos now.

Salon Tracker

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

The financial side of it all the information it can gather Remote access having full control of your business on the move
Steve W.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Best Epos system on the market

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

If your looking for a new Epos system that does exactly what it says on the box and some, makes your life much simpler and keeps your staff and customers very happy with how easy the system
Is to operate then I suggest you pick up the phone and call Eposnow - and tick one more of those to-do boxes - sorted And finally to name names credit where credits due - Olly mate your awesome - thankyou soo much for all your help with the tech stuff and your programming and knowledge of the system is awesome, so a personal thankyou goes out to you especially but also all the other members of the time from start to finish - well done guys

Pros

Straight forward to use with logical operating system integrates with other systems easily and seemlessly - the team at Eposnow offer second to none support with full programming and setup assistance on and off site - they set it all up remotely for me and when the day of changeover came it’s was literally 5mins and the old out of date system was out and my brand new all singing all dancing Eposnow system was up and taking money ! - the after support has been awesome not that there has been any issues but a few small tweaks here and there - my chefs love it seperate printers for each course clear easy to understand tickets, it also allows me to use the tab function to use as my hotel rooms and bill transfers happen easily. Back office is easy to navigate and gives me real time information, my specials are set up and are simple to amend each day - I can’t fault it

Cons

Extreme hostility was experienced but not from these guys - it was from my old Epos solution company when I told them I was leaving - telling me I’d made a huge mistake and I won’t get any support or help - this was the exact reason I left them and went to the guys at Eposnow - I won’t mention names but if they, as I do keep an eye on the competition, and they read this they need to take a good long look at the guys at Eposnow and how they really look after their customers - they might learn something.

Response from James

Hello Steve.

Thank you for leaving a review of Eposnow. We are really pleased to hear that the transition to ourselves has gone well and we are really excited to work with you and your business in the future.

I will make sure Olly gets to see your review, he is a really great asset to us at Eposnow.

Derek C.

Glitches

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

Pros

Fairly user friendly , great customer service

Cons

The number of glitches, ie. Past orders popping up out of nowhere.

TouchBistro

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

The company went out of business

Cost
Nicola F.
  • Industry: Restaurants

I've been using EposNow for 2 years, I would greatly recommend!

Reviewed on 16/2/2018

I literally do not know what I would do without EposNow, I would recommend them to anyone and have done in the past! We had a problem with our cashdrawer and it was replaced the following day. I've recently got very involved with going deeper into stock levels and master products and am very impressed with everything I can do!

Pros

Insights into sales, stock, customer loyalty all on dashboard and easy to read.
There is so much I can do in the back office, I'm still learning new things 2 years on and am still very impressed with what I am able to do!
Support are brilliant, always very friendly and helpful.
There is a feature vote where you can submit any suggestions for the system and users vote on features they would like to see.
The apps that integrate are very useful and there is something for everything you could think of!
I can access the back office from anywhere, I love this, it means I can work from home and keep up to date with sales.

Cons

Support do take a while to answer your call, although I have only noticed this recently.
Their stationary (till rolls etc can seem a little pricey) but you aren't bound to buy from them.

Mala K.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

EPOSNOW software review

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Getting a new till system installed is simple abd a good experience when setting up a new part of the business.

Pros

The till at the forefront for staff is easy to use

Cons

It is not easy to run reports and set up products especially when cost prices and sale prices can change. The stock take functionality is also not the easiest to use and monitor from a staff and management perspective

Response from Epos Now

Hello Mala.

Thank you for leaving a business review.

It's great to hear that you have found our system easy to use as this is a key design feature of our solutions.

We rely on customer feedback to help us build future propositions for our customers and would like to learn more about your feedback regarding the stock taking and reports. If you are willing please can you email us more detail to [email protected]

Edward D.

Cons I was charged month after month for NOTHING

Reviewed on 19/6/2017

ONCE YOU SIGN UP THERE IS NO WAY OUT. I TRIED THIS SYSTEM FOR A RETAIL STORE BUT THIS SYSTEM WAS SO SLOW AND WHEN I CALLED TECH SUPPORT I WAS GIVIN THE RUN AROUND BUT FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN A THOUSAND ITEMS IN MY STORE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX THE SPEED SO I ASK TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY BUT UNFORTUNATELY EPOSNOW KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MONTH AFTER MONTH. EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT I WILL NEVER SEE ANY MORE CHARGES OF COURSE WITHOUT ANY REFUNDS AT ALL. BUT YET THE CHARGE APPEARS ON MY BANK STATEMENT EVERY MONTH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A CON OPERATION.

Ian P.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Excellent experience

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Pros

Excellent experience migrating from an old system to this brand new system for our cricket club. The help in the implementation phase was really invaluable and they took their time to understand our current practices and provided better resolution rather than just trying to copy what we’d done before. I just also say that the tech support and ‘live chat’ has been excellent in getting quick answers to little niggles rather than submitting endless tech support tickets.

The software is easy to use and I like being able to access my information on my phone from anywhere that I am. The email dashboards that you can automatically email to yourself are also very good, especially yesterday’s sales and last weeks sales.

Cons

A member of staff is dyslexic and struggles with the colours. We would like the ability to change the colours so that it is easier to distinguish different products.

We currently keep track of 700 members in an excel sheet and would like to find a way to manage multiple member types in different categories, and allocate each category the same price automatically through the software.

Annie S.
  • Used for 1+ year

Amazing product

Reviewed on 24/1/2019

Pros

I absolutely love Espos now. It has an amazing back office, tons of report options and very easy to use as a manager.

Cons

I don’t have any cons about this product. It’s A m a z i n g p r o d u c t

Response from James

Hello Annie.

Thank you for leaving us such a fantastic 5 star business review, it's great to hear how happy you are with your system,software and the service we provide.

Epos Now’s back office interface is highly customisable, allowing you to select the information that's most valuable to you. Create insightful dashboards that provide an instant overview of your business, receiving real-time sales, product, and employee information.
Our dashboard options include profitability, revenue, staff or products analysis by location, staff members or across the whole business. This allows you to figure out what’s working and what isn’t to make actionable changes which will boost your bottom line.

If we can be of any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us

Ray L.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Poor Support & Implementation

Reviewed on 20/4/2021

I've run several small businesses for the past 30 years and this is absolutely the worst software decision I've made, the platform and support are just horrible.

Pros

Unfortunately, there is not a lot to like I moved from NCR Silver which was exceptional and unfortunately, EPOS does not compare.

Cons

The assignment of modifiers is incredibly poor it's an overly complicated process that's just not necessary. NCR Silver has a much better method, simply easy to follow and time-efficient. There is no training mode, a rather obvious omission. The back office is like something coded in the '80s the screen does not even resize to your desktop! you have to extend your desktop to about 4 times its width and then scroll across, you cannot see all the options on the screen, ridiculous. The integration process is handled by multiple departments and wastes so much time. My transition from NCR had multiple errors and you don't know who to call to solve the issues. The call centre is non-existant you call and are just put on hold, in comparison you call NCR and you are put straight through to a real human and your issues are resolved.

Lightspeed POS

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

NCR Silver has withdrawn from the Australian Market.

Yes unfortunately.
Robert G.
  • Used for 6-12 months

8 months later rounding error stumps an entire company

Reviewed on 19/6/2017

We purchased our system about 8 months ago. We have a retail and service business. When we do a transaction the till rounds up the product total (where $2.00 + $2.00= $4.01 as an exact example) so that the amount charged to the customer is wrong more than 80% of the time. I have spoken to more than 6 employees about our issue. All appear concerned, but still 8 months later our 'cash register' is not accurate. In a financial based industry like POS it seems to me like that would be extremely high in the degree of importance, but to EPOSNOW it seems to be an insurmountable problem as they can not seem to get it right. All I hear are excuses and promises that it will be fixed in April and then in May and now we are halfway through June and still nothing. How can EPOSNOW be in this business and not be accurate? Get it fixed and stop making excuses.

Pros

It's easy to use. Adding products to the till appears to be pretty easy. Many of the features are also easy to use. Pulling reports for anytime it is also very easy.

Cons

The rounding errror is inexcusable. The data base feature is not user friendly at all. The parameters for printing labels is also very rigid and not user-friendly.

Kevin B.

Beware of what your told and what you get

Reviewed on 15/8/2019

not really happy. thinking of at least dumping support because i see no value. i paid for the system outright so just going to grin and bear it for now. If my industry continues beyond 2020 would probably switch to clover

Pros

Not hard to setup
not hard to use
The till is OK

Cons

this a United Kingdom based software. The reporting when exporting to excel use VAT taxes and you have to change headings because a lot of them don't make any sense
when using an outside loyalty program platform the system is incredibly slow
The system uses nearly all the storage available and I find myself constantly having to try to delete windows update failures, downloads, and other items . I am a small shop and not an IT guy
Support is random sometimes unavailable and the times we have called in most of the problems have not been solved by their support . We were escalated but then no one ever calls back and we figured out the issues on our own.
'I'm unable to figure out how to use the added features as most things are just set up as individual items
I run a vape shop and was hoping to be able to use variants such as colors, and bottle sizes but was advised against during setup for reporting purposes. so every size and color is setup as an individual item which is disappointing as we have changing stock constantly in the industry.

Andii M.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Support is the best around!

Reviewed on 12/7/2018

Pros

We've been working with EposNow for a few months now, and even with our start-up issues, they've been great.

The support staff is personable and helpful to an incredible degree. The smallest thing he will do his upmost to help with. We had him come down to London to troubleshoot, and even with our connectivity issues he was able to get us up and running in both our shops. An absolute asset to the company and I'd recommend anyone to contact him when using EposNow!

Cons

Takes a while to get used to the interface, but as said before the support is so good I know I could easily call if I'm confused.

Response from Naiomi

Hello Andii,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear about your experience with us at Epos Now. We are incredibly proud of our support team and I am glad to hear that we have been able to help you get up and running in both of your shops.

Will really enjoyed coming to visit you and he will be really pleased to read this review!

Many Thanks,

Naiomi

Jan B.

EPOS has been great to work with and get us trained!!!

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Customer support was so professional and helpful to getting us up and running!!! Great job!!!

Pros

The switching to a new system has been wonderful and our inventory was able to be entered perfectly!!! They have been very patient when giving us training and responded to all of my questions with a calming voice. I love when he can "take over" my computer and show me how to find reports for tax purpose or run daily inventory. This is a great feature and so helpful!!! Support team is top of the line helpful!!!

Cons

None so far. We did have damage to the drawer and printer and they were great about sending us a new ones and got them set up quickly.

Response from James

Hello Jan,

Thank you for leaving Eposnow a review, your feedback is valuable to help us grow our products and business. It's really great to see that you have rated us 5 stars and have had a great experience when dealing with us, if there is anything else you need help on pleased do let us know.

Robert S.

Broadwindsor Craft Centre

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

I'm sure any future issues will be answered in the same manner and look forward to continuing working with Epos Now.

Pros

Today's session was very easy to follow and understand. The session was conducted by customer support team and was made easy by his willingness to listen and be very patient. I would like to thank him for a most enjoyable working afternoon with all queries answered using his knowledge, suggestions, and expertise. We had multiple issues however they were discussed and each answered quickly in as much depth as required.

Richard B.

Cobourg yacht Club

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

The experience has been a positive one. Would have loved to go ahead with the credit card integration but the experience with EVO was horrible. I certainly hope no other EPos user goes with EVO

Pros

Support is great and prompt. Loved the training.

Cons

Add ons are overpriced. We looked at the customer loyalty option and the Quick Books option but both required a monthly fee.
The credit card integration with EVO was a complete and utter failure and a support nightmare for our bar manager. I must add that the issue wasn't with EPos but rather the dismall support system at EVO.

Rob H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Does exactly what it says on the tin

Reviewed on 14/6/2017

If you put the time into learning the system, it will fulfil any business need you may have. The system will perfect what I need.

Pros

Remote access allows me to work on the business but not having to be there. Once learned the system does everything I could ever need. The software is brilliant.

Cons

Time is needed to initially set up the system but with training, this isn't a massive issue. Sometimes customer service has longer than ideal wait times but the issue is always resolved once you speak to someone.

Paco B.

What a shamble!

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

Im pretty sure all those positive reviews are not genuine because time and time again support proven how bad they are at their job. Even when you go to their forum you can see how many bad reviews and im also sure this review wont be even read of publish by anyone at eposnow.
Let me start from the beginning: Back in June i was looking to upgrade the till system and came acros eposnow and what i could see it was all very impressive. Once I paid up and got the hardware, the sales guy disappeared. Tried many times to email and call with no result, so much so i though the company went bust or even that i got scammed. After about one month i managed to have a reply from our sales representative apologizing but he was off sick. Fair enough but, what about passing on your contact to a colleague?? Then finally we started training and setting up but, because we lost so much precious time i asked for extra hand to input the menu as the eat out to help out scheme was coming up and I wanted to make the most of a new till. They charged me £ 500, yes, £ 500 to put our menu in the system and, to be fair, a child would have done a better job than them. So many spelling mistakes so many items with not even space between words, vat rate completely wrong and overall a really poor job that, i would have been better of doing myself and save £ 500!
Then it came the time to try out the till and watched in horror in the till keep crashing and not able to sustain an internet connection. Then again,

Pros

Product its easy to use but the lack of support or the ability to work when wifi signal drops really let this product down

Cons

Support, support and support. Also their software is not great and very often slow down

Maynard S.

Support not available

Reviewed on 26/4/2021

No support, if you purchase don't pay right away, if you do they wont return your calls. I have had support tickets going over 2 weeks and no one will call you back.

Pros

easy to use
cost effective
stand alone

Cons

No support. Nobody ever calls you back.

Erica H.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Inventory and purchasing needs work

Reviewed on 14/2/2021

Pros

Front office is easy to use, simple. Discounts are easy to apply.

Cons

Inventory management needs a lot of work. Currently we can only add products to a purchase order that are already in the system, the system must have the correct supplier entered, inventory check box must be filled out if we want inventory tracked and eligible to add to PO. Products should be searched with more flexibility in POS (word order, spelling etc)

Marcia N.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Epos Now user

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Pros

works well for what we do. I do like the Epos Now Community. It has helped a alot. I would like to be able to send invoices fro the system as well as have a manual.

Cons

No supportive literature. The program seems written for British companies not so much American. I cant email invoices.

Sharon L.

Epos Now

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Pros

Easy to understand reports, breaks down each category and sub category. Can transfer reports right into excel

Cons

When setting up it can be a little confusing with Master Product and sub products, but the technical support staff was very helpful with this

Mark G.

great customer service

Reviewed on 12/6/2017

Pros

Rep gave great customer service and was able to get our issue fixed in timely manner, He know how to resolve the issue as soon as we called in

Cons

Nothing too serious, we had an issue with using the customer template at one point in time, but after talking to a rep we figured out what the issue was.

Amelia M.

Brilliant for my cafe!

Reviewed on 2/7/2016

Pros

Great stock management system has enabled me to gain information I never even thought of before! I am able to track my best sellers and worst and see profit margins across my product lines. The sales team were great the whole way through and when my hardware arrived someone from the support team called me and had my full system setup in 10 minutes...it doesn't get better than that

Cons

I would like a few more options for running promotions but they have a great section in the software where customers can vote for new features, again amazing service!

Al G.

Reviewed on 21/7/2017

Pros

Jess has every helpful and explained every thing to me and made it easy to understand what I was doing.

Cons

Had to update my computer before I could use my Epos Now till and it took a little bit longer than we had expected.