4 /5
Christopher M.

Don’t Trust EposNow

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

Horrible! Frustrating and letdown!

Pros

Nothing it wouldn’t work for my business

Cons

It whole system was a con! Don’t invest in it! Sales person said it would work for my business and it doesn’t complete waste of time!

Adam P.

The perfect solution for my business

Reviewed on 25/7/2018

Pros

The software is so easy to use, has fantastic features and allows me to keep control of my business. The support is fabulous and the staff go the extra mile to assist with anything.

Cons

epos Now are constantly listening to feedback so the software is improving all the time. The system works wel for me so there's nothing I could say that needs to improve at the moment.

Response from Naiomi

Hello Adam,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed using the software and have taken full advantage of our lovely support team. It is always fantastic to hear that our updates have been so well received and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Virginia D.
  • Industry: Dairy

A great POS and back end solution

Reviewed on 27/2/2019

I have very few negative things to say about EPOS Now. We love it! I wish there was more customization / versatility for making labels. We desperately need to be able to use the Deliveroo, but only have one location. Please review this and come up with a reasonable amount we can pay to use it. Also would like to see more add on app dev.

Pros

Ease of use, great support, versatility - takes VERY LITTLE training. Love that it works with Paypal.

Cons

Limitations on creating labels, lack of ecommerce interface - we only have one location and really need Deliveroo.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Virginia.

Thank you for leaving us a fantastic review, i'm so pleased to read that you would recommend us.

We take all feedback seriously and use this to improve the products and services we offer to our customers.

Your feedback regarding labels we are aware of and this is on our road map for delivery this year. I would direct you to use the feature vote option in your back office to push the priority level of this development as this will help to get it delivered sooner.

We do have Deliveroo functionality, however you will require a verified Deliveroo account before this can be integrated, this will need to be arranged by Deliveroo themselves. If you already have an account with Deliveroo then please contact us to discuss further.

Thank you once again for your review and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards
James

Stephen P.

Incredible service !

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

Pros

Incredible service! We have been using the services of Epos now since starting our site shop 18 months ago - the product has proved excellent over this time, and i must say that the service from the support team most recently was incredible. We are only a small company but he really took the time to go through every aspect of our reporting process, and answering our queries Many thanks indeed

Cons

There aren't many bad things to say apart from maybe the software releases can cause some issues every so often

Nicole M.

Unhappy retailer

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

If it were easy to switch services, I would in a heartbeat. But I'm hopeful with time, they will listen to feedback and improve the product.

Pros

The back office is fairly easy to navigate for basic needs

Cons

The help/tutorial aspect of this software is greatly lacking. There are a lot of features to utilize but it's near impossible to get proper training on using them. Which leads me to my next con -

The support team is incredibly unreliable. IF you are lucky and get a good support rep, your issues may be resolved quickly. However that is a rare occurrence. I typically have to call back a few times to get issue resolved/questions answered. Add the fact that it's very common for the support reps to make mistakes in fixing "issues" and often end up making matters worse.

The bulk import feature is incredibly important to our business. But it is complicated and doesn't work properly because of what seems like a formatting/programming issue. It's been two years that we have used this product. One would think they would have fixed this issue by now. Especially because they charge for the service.

They also do not have an EBT functionality which complicates our daily report reconciliation. That has been on their "project" list for some time now. Maybe one day?

Joshua M.

ePOSnow and my thoughts

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

It was a good few months of having the service and it was helpful in our time of need until we found another provider.
we do think that this company was better than a lot of other options out there and for somebody else it could be better suited than it was for us.

Pros

The customer service was pretty helpful, daily use of the till was pretty simple and some features that worked were helpful.

Cons

A lot of the add-ons that were paid for subscriptions would not work. Randomly would get email saying that our add-ons were uninstalled and when we come the next day they would not work.
Once you get the service and start to require more add-ons and features it will start to add up your total monthly bill.

Dan D.

Do not purchase if you are in the hospitality industry.

Reviewed on 21/7/2018

Pros

The ability to completely control the back office. We are able to enter new products, adjust pricing, calculate profit margin, run specials, etc with no assistance from the company itself.

Cons

This software was NEVER designed for the hospitality industry. We have had multiple occasions where tickets with tips will not close and we have not been able to collect those credit card tips. Since this is not the server's issue, the business has to pay the server their tips and then eat the cost when the ticket won't close. In speaking with the company, their only excuse is that tipping is not customary in the UK so it wasn't designed for that and they are "working" on it. We also ordered a case (10 rolls or800 meters) of printer tape from them. They sent us 270 meters of tape and tried to claim the rolls were larger and we got all the paper we paid for. I found their supplier and was able to order 50 ROLLS. Complete rip off. When I called to tell them I wanted to return their 4 rolls of tape and get a refund, the customer service rep actually laughed. I would never buy this system again and am currently saving money in an effort to replace it so I can sink the system in the bottom of our local lake.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Mr Davis,

I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your hospitality solution. It is a shame to hear your feedback as we have a significant number of hospitality companies all over the world who have found our system to work seamlessly.

I am keen to resolve this issue for you. Please, could you provide your account number so that I can look into this further for you?

Many Thanks,

Karen C.

Excellent service

Reviewed on 28/9/2017

Pros

After purchasing a card payment machines i was referred through to Epos for my till solutions. After speaking with one of the point of sales consultants, who was very knowledgeable and helpful, he recommended the right products for my new business after listening to my requirements. With in the hour of our call i had received a comprehensive quote and was able to review the demo. By lunch time i had made my decision this was the right company for me and by close of play i made my purchase. I would thoroughly recommend this company for your till solutions. Not only have they supplied me with a really competitive quote but the service i have received so far has been second to none.

Mary M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Product Review

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Prior to Epos Now, we had unstable software which was not user friendly for our employees. We now can provide fast and efficient training to our employees and know we can easily troubleshoot any issues that arise.

Pros

This software has provided us with a stable POS system to manage our on-site stores, including our inventory management, which has increased sales. Also, the technical staff has been very helpful answering questions in a timely manner.

Cons

Can't even think of anything at this time!

Yvonne C.

A few glitches

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Inventory will be easier in future.
Tracking daily sales and product sales is easier.

Pros

It is easy for the staff to use when doing cash in the store.
Taking inventory is easy.
It looks good - and is easily understood.

Cons

There are some small problems in reporting which need further work.
A manual to go with the product would be useful.
It doesn't link easily with Moneris credit card system with the Bank of Montreal.

Kevin R.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Epos Now retail software

Reviewed on 13/3/2019

Pros

The customer support is the best thing about EposNow. The reps were always available to make sure that everything worked 100% the way we needed. Many thanks!

Cons

There are no specific defects or problems with the software.

Response from Hakim

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to see that you are enjoying your EPOSNOW system.

We are always looking to improve our product for our customers therefore your feedback is invaluable.

Our team are aware of your requests and if we come up with anything further to tailor your needs, we will of course let you know.

Kind regards,

Hakim Akanmu

Customer Experience Manager

Bronwyn V.

Avoid at all costs!

Reviewed on 29/11/2020

From what I was told this was a great system however in reality it could do only a small percentage of things on my list - such as remote access, custom templates and access to packing slips etc from another location. Then the costs started adding up... there was an additional $25 charged each month for who knows what (I was told support - but that was a joke), another $50 a month just to connect to Xero, then upwards from $25 to use custom templates - a must as their standard design is pretty bad. Support was, well a joke. We were told we had 'training'' however we could not connect with them, we had about five changes in people we were deailing with (I could never keep up) and they con't get the phone numbers to call or even business name correct. They I received a call saying training had finished and we had 'graduated' - when it had barely started and still having a long list of questions. And then their anytime support.... having been locked out and it stating log-in to get support which obviously wasn't at all helpful, I tried to call a few times and couldn't get through so messaged their live support... and was told it was not their problem - not their problem? Who's problem was it then? . Having vented my frustration I was esculated to a supervisor who was great to start, but three weeks later I am still waiting for answers to a number of questions sent, let alone actual replies.

Pros

Seemed at first glance to be value for money, great support and was told would do everything on my list.

Cons

Things we were told it could do we were unable to find, would on occasion log me out and not allow myself or anybody else back in thereafter.

Susan N.

I would highly recommend your firm and staff to anyone.

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Pros

I cannot thank you enough for the very efficient treatment we have received today when we could not get our epos system working. You all worked wonders to retrieve the information to get us going again. It was completed in an extremely friendly and confident way. I would highly recommend your firm and staff to anyone.

Tatiana N.

Don't Do it! Go with another POS

Reviewed on 3/9/2020

horrible im lucky if I get a response. Still waiting on phone calls from them its a sad company that robs people of their money.

Pros

It looks nice thats pretty much all I can say about it.

Cons

customer service is a joke, I've sent so many emails and called and keep getting bounced around. They are charging me when I didn't get my system for a month and half got my CC company set up and said I would here from Epos Now to finish the final step and nada. I even got charged for not doing the integration of the cc payment per terms and conditions which I did and called asking them to help me with the final step and nothing. I just want to be refunded bug waste of time and money. I need a new POS company and im 9 days away from opening which they know about. Don't throw your money away with this company check the BBB on them they have well over 30 complaints with similar situations.

Jeffrey L.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Epos provides alot for the money spent

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

In general this software provides everything you would need to run your business ar a very good price, i would definitely recommend this software for small business owners

Pros

Epos provides everything you need to run a basic store. It has sales report, labor report, and many more useful informative reports. On top of that its really easy to add and edit items on your menu.

Cons

Sometimes its a little hard to reach a tech and some functions need to be added, like a field to put your store phone number on the receipt

Matt O.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Genuinely brilliant at every point of contact

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Pros

My implementation consultant at EposNow was genuinely brilliant at every point of contact. We'd got an incredibly tight deadline to have our till systems up and running, which, without her help, we'd have had no hope of achieving. She was personable, understanding and most importantly both clear and efficient. As someone who hadn't had a massive amount of exposure to the EposNow system, she communicated it's functions and features clearly enough that I could then immediately train others extensively and to an intermediate standard. Great service from the EposTeam, the integrations consultant included for his efficiency with our WorldPay integration. A massive thanks, especially to my implementation consultant. Top Work! Cheers Triumph Motorcycles

Tomeka W.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Pros

I purchased this POS system back in June in anticipation of opening my convenience store. There wa a delay in the start of my business I was not able to setup my system and implement my training in the original time frame allotted. When I was finally able to setup, which was months later, when I contacted EPOS they were beyond helpful. The license that I have does not come with phone support, but the tech team has went above and beyond to help me get the setup over the phone regardless. I love the interface of the software and the versatility that it provides. I am truly enjoying using it and really like ‘guide me’ and the App Store.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to get through to a technican and I do not always receive a response to tickets that I raise.

Geoff B.

Hopeless Company

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

Pros

No Pros! Support & Customer Service hopeless. Not sure how a company is legally allowed to offer a solution that does not work!

Cons

Now been using this company for 2 years and they still have not managed to integrate our Magento system with the Epos Now till. They have outsourced this to 3 different companies during this time, all have been very amateur and have failed! It has cost my company thousands. Absolutely disgusted with the level of service we have received. Over the last 2 years we have gone trough a number of Epos Now staff, as they are constantly leaving. Will be seeking legal advise! If you have got a Magento system KEEP CLEAR of this company! They offer a solution that does not work!!!

Cindy S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

The customer support has been extremely helpful

Reviewed on 15/9/2017

Pros

One of the customer representative has been extremely helpful and courteous today. My information was entered all wrong, and today Lukas helped me understand how to use the system, and offered to untangle the mess that was made.

Cons

Before customer support untangled the mess the system seemed very chaotic, but now that it is all squared away I love my Eposnow system.

Jacki V.

EPOS Engineer was absolutely brilliant

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Pros

Lewis the EPOS Engineer was absolutely brilliant. I cannot stress enough how patient and helpful he was. He was very clear in his instructions and answered all our questions really comprehensively. He was easy to approach and has a superb professional manner. We have staff at all levels and he was able to advise all of them at their level. He was absolutely brilliant!

Cons

We would like a report that shows what has been sold within a set date range. At the moment we can get information by category but would like to run a report per product in each category. This can be done by exporting the information to excel at the moment but we would like an easier way to do this.

Travis G.

Very Knowledgeable

Reviewed on 5/9/2017

Pros

We were having problems using our receipt printer but we call in to David and he was able to remote in to our system and get our printer up and running and set us up with the booking app for our business.

Cons

The only issue we've running into so far was the issue with the receipt printer but was able to get that resolved.

Lacey P.

Customer service and integrations

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Customer service agent did everything he could to help me and stuck with me till it was resolved. Great job!

Pros

Customer Service Reps are very knowledgeable and helpful. The software is pretty straightforward and easy to use

Mirko L.

Very user friendly software

Reviewed on 7/6/2018

in general good management software

Pros

easy clear interface many options to organise the stock the staff payroll and very useful tracking of the items sold by category

Cons

Other than some analytics components the software is complete and very satisfactory in all aspects of the business operations and stock management

Moe A.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great Help

Reviewed on 9/8/2017

Pros

Customer rep. was a great help and he was on top of his work. The software fits our needs nicely and I look forward to continuing our relationship with Epos Now.

Cons

Unfortunately I didn't want to get on the phone and had to because live chat wasn't available. They said the US is working on getting it soon though.

Sonam A.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 31/7/2018

Pros

It has very good features in comparison with other pos systems. It is very easy to use and simple operate.

Cons

Need to improve customer support. Processing time can be improved so that it would take just fraction of seconds in processing.

Response from Naiomi

Hello Sonam,

Thank you for rating us so highly. I am very glad to hear that you are making the most of the features that Epos Now has to offer. Our user friendly interface is easy to navigate and I am pleased to hear that you have found it simple to use. In regards to customer support, I am sorry to hear that your experience has been less than perfect. We welcome any feedback to help us improve so please do contact us directly should you have any suggestions.

Kind Regards,