Write a Review!
An easy-to-use, adaptable point-of-sale and payment system.

3.1/5
3.3/5
3.4/5
3.0/5

Damien Paul
Damien Paul

Helpful after sales

Reviewed on 27/4/2024

From sales to after sales the service have been meeting my expectations. Their live chat environment is really helpful

Pros

I love the after sales offered by epos now they have 24 ×7 support which gives me confidence

Cons

I didnt dislike anything related to eposnow

Response from Epos Now

Hello Damien Paul

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us.

Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy!

Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team.

If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out.

Thanks once again,

Denise
Denise

Works for our store!

Reviewed on 3/10/2019

Overall, the flexibility and customization is the best feature and the reason we stay. In addition, Epos is always updating and improving! Very helpful customer service group!

Pros

Flexibility and customization of the software.

Cons

Integrations - We have a few integrations - Shopify, Mail Chimp (which was discontinued), Postal options, etc. The integration we're least pleased with is Shopify. Everything is an add on which makes it hard for small startups.

Shopify POS

Shopify POS

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Again, flexibility and customization.
William
  • Industry: Entertainment

Functioning POS

Reviewed on 27/6/2024

Pros

Simple system, easy to train on, knowledgeable service personnel

Cons

Some service people hard to understand.

Response from Epos Now

Dear William,

We are sincerely grateful for your feedback! Hearing about your positive experience with us fills us with joy.

Your kind words mean the world to us and will be shared with the entire team.

If there's anything else you'd like to share or if you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Michael
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Scammers, beware of them

Reviewed on 13/6/2024

I would never touch them again. They are hard to contact during critical times of business, many of their staff are clearly totally inexperienced and inept, their management clearly doesn't care.

Pros

It worked moderately well, but not all the time

Cons

Months after my contract ended and the account cancelled, Eposnow continues to steal my money every month and refuses to process the refund I'm entitled to. Multiple phone calls have made no difference as it appears their system and/or management have in place the process to deliberately and fraudulently grab all the money they can. Stay clear if you value your money.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date.

If you wish to discuss your review, please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at [email protected].

Salah
  • Industry: Food Production

Bridge bakery

Reviewed on 28/6/2024

Pros

Very good system and easy to use and the customer service

Cons

The epos now app very good and lots of choices

Response from Epos Now

Dear Salah,

We are sincerely grateful for your feedback!
Hearing about your positive experience with us fills us with joy.

Romina

Poor Service

Reviewed on 25/3/2024

Bad experience
5 mos of calling for my refund until now trying to reach and get it.

Bad experience
5 mos of calling for my refund until now trying to reach and get it.

Pros

None poor service.. I havent use this then its hard to get my refund..Close account October 2022. Till debitting on my Bank

Cons

Poor service .Always doing some follop ups

Response from Epos Now

Hello Romina L,

I am keen to help you resolve any outstanding issues.

EposNow.

Jeanette
  • Industry: Entertainment

Epos Now Review

Reviewed on 13/6/2024

Great experience and very helpful staff....

Great experience and very helpful staff....

Pros

Excellent customer support, very helpful and friendly

Cons

I did not dislike anything, the service given by [sensitive content hidden] was brilliant

Response from Epos Now

Dear Jeanette,

Timothy

All Good Thanks

Reviewed on 29/4/2024

Pros

Ease of Use. Nothing wrong with equipment.

Cons

Hold Times, Getting in touch with customer service, Delivery of transfer were never as promised.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Timothy,

Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy!

Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team.

If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out.

Thanks once again,

Wanda
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Unsatisfied

Reviewed on 1/6/2024

Pros

Nothing they put everything beautiful to hook you up but then they disappear

Cons

No real support nobody answered to make changes or replacement s

Response from Epos Now

Hello Wanda M,

We requested further details in order to locate your account with a view to resolving any outstanding issues,

Julie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Illegally taking money out of my account and refusing to return be aware money grabbing company

Reviewed on 7/6/2024

Frustrating and not getting answer for they mistake

Frustrating and not getting answer for they mistake

Pros

There is not much to like about this company

Cons

I did all my obligation cancel everything on time still got charged for year in advance now they refusing to return my money 6 months later

Response from Epos Now

Hello Julie L,

Tatiana
  • Industry: Restaurants

Don't Do it! Go with another POS

Reviewed on 3/9/2020

horrible im lucky if I get a response. Still waiting on phone calls from them its a sad company that robs people of their money.

Pros

It looks nice thats pretty much all I can say about it.

Cons

customer service is a joke, I've sent so many emails and called and keep getting bounced around. They are charging me when I didn't get my system for a month and half got my CC company set up and said I would here from Epos Now to finish the final step and nada. I even got charged for not doing the integration of the cc payment per terms and conditions which I did and called asking them to help me with the final step and nothing. I just want to be refunded bug waste of time and money. I need a new POS company and im 9 days away from opening which they know about. Don't throw your money away with this company check the BBB on them they have well over 30 complaints with similar situations.

Revel Systems

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

The rep was good with a bunch of promises and thought it was exactly what we needed. Even [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Square Space had warned me
Jerica
  • Industry: Farming

Difficult implementation, but lots of potential

Reviewed on 24/2/2017

We are starting feed/retail/animal health products store, and wanted a cloud-based system with more flexibility than the dinosaur server-based systems typically used in our industry. We asked a TON of questions, demoed multiple systems, and decided Epos Now was the best fit; we've had the system for 4 months. Implementation was rough, to say the least. We were told customer service was based out of North Carolina; however, most of the reps we've talked to are very British. Nothing against Britts, but lingo is different, business is different, time zones are different- all making for minor challenges that we were not anticipating. Our implementation manager hung up on us mid-call when she had to go catch her train. We were instructed to enter products one way, then told we had to delete everything we'd entered (DAYS of work) and do it all over again. It cannot accept payments over $, which matters if you sell a large amount of product or invoice monthly. It is weight integrated, and when I was doing my initial inquisitions, made it clear that we would sell feed/seed in ounces, pounds, and tons with decimal values; the system only can measure in kilograms, which is not practical for most US applications. Manager overrides require the sales associate to log-out and the manager to log-in; an override code would be so much more efficient. However, when you actually have a client in front of you for a simple transaction, the transactions are smooth and easy. The sales interface is very user-friendly. It works great in the remote setting for pop-up shops. It was not expensive. The apps are interesting- it's nice that it makes the basic system very affordable and there are many apps available, but it is overwhelming to know which apps I need and how to use them. It could also potentially get expensive if you added many apps. As a young company, they are motivated and do continually work to improve the product and add frequent updates; however, we were told some features were a part of the system, but after purchasing the system were told that they would be available in the 'next update'. After about 2 months, we had a serious discussion about ditching this system and switching to another. We ultimately decided to stay with this system, accepting that all systems had limitations, and crossing our fingers that the worst was over. It does appear that the worst is over; however, we've only been going at this for 4 months, so ultimately time will tell.

Pros

Sales interface and usability for transactions
Overall look and style of equipment and graphics
Price for value
Mobility and Flexibility

Cons

Misleading information during demo/search process
Unreliable support during implementation
Lack of standard features and functions- units of measurement, limit on dollar amounts, etc
Confusion regarding which features are/not available via apps

Sam

Be careful when you choose an epos system

Reviewed on 29/1/2023

Terrible.

Terrible.

Pros

The equipment looks modern and smart, the software was ook, easy read and accessible.

Cons

Payment! You cannot control it. Despite closing the account, you still get billed.There is no debit order you can control, they cleverly use the same account ordering Transport for London use, they have access and take money from your account as they please and all you can do is close your whole account and block it against normal merchant use. Bank fraud departments take too long to investigate and don't stop the impending fraud in time. This is a terrible extortion. BE VERY CAREFUL, DO NOT GIVE YOUR BUSINESS CARD AND ACCOUNT DETAILS TO EPOSNOW.Every email you receive from EPOSNOW is DO NOT REPLY! They don't make it easy to get hold of them.

Mathew

Extremely Disappointing

Reviewed on 6/8/2020

I am so disappointed in EPOS NOW support. My system is running extremely slow and my staff and customers are complaining. Support tried everything they could and even sent a replacement computer. Neither has worked. I reached out to their online community and was told support would call me. That was 3 weeks ago. Software is buggy and and the IBC integration has issues completing the sale on EPOS. I have called IBC and they have assured me the issue lies with EPOS. Have requested call backs and raised tickets and no response. Regretting this purchase.

Thank you for your response but guess what...still no call or response from your team. I will be contacting AMERICAN EXPRESS and refusing charges until such time your company can provide the service I am paying you for and you agreed to provide.

Since my last update 1 week ago, I received a call from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was very helpful. He took a video of my system running very slowly and a copy of the system logs. He said they would get back to me and here we are 1 week later with no response. This is becoming a real pain in the a**. This is not right and not the way any customer should be treated. How do I go about getting a full refund at this point???????

Another update, still no response from anyone at EPOS. Complete Radio Silence. Our IBC terminal stops working many times a day now and our system is unassigning the license at least once a day. The problems keep piling up and no one responds from EPOS.

Pros

I like the User Interface but thats about it.

Cons

The constant problems. My system runs so slow my staff does nothing but complain about it. It takes 5 to 10 senconds for the cash drawer to open. The systems boots us out at least once a day. The IBC integration is a joke. I have assured by IBC that the issue lies with EPOS. Customer service does not exist. We cant get through to anyone, return phone calls do not happen and requesting service via a web ticket does not work either. Currently in the process of refusing all charges from EPOS until the issues are resolved.

Christine
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

FAKE ADVERTISING WITH NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Reviewed on 19/1/2024

THE WORST INVESTMENT !!!
I CAN NOT RECCOMEND IT TO ANYONE.
FAKE CUSTOMER SERVICE, NO CUSTOMER...

THE WORST INVESTMENT !!!
I CAN NOT RECCOMEND IT TO ANYONE.
FAKE CUSTOMER SERVICE, NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND THEY ARE BASICALLY CONMEN JUST TAKING MONEY FROM OUR CREDIT CARDS AND BARELY ANY OPTIONS OF STOPING THE PAYMENTS.

Pros

Nothing! when I was looking for POS systems, I stumbled on this, and thought I should give it s try, once they saw my interest everyone from their team was on my neck constantly emailing me to make payment, and telling me how they'll support us in every step. our business is based in Uganda - Africa

Cons

Since then Aug 2022, they have been billing us despite the system getting to us like in december, since then they never respond to emails or if you call they put you on hold until your credit ends> very bad customer service, poor support and constantly billing. its now 1 year and 2 months and we have never used this fake system. its still as new as it was purchased.

if you can't give us support, at least remove your fake software so we use other systems. this has been the most frustrating investment!!!!

Response from Epos Now

Hello Christine N,

I am keen to help you resolve any outstanding issues.

EposNow

Erick
  • Industry: Furniture

Customer Service

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

While attempting to intergrade a new payment processing company, I could not have been more pleased with the service and assistance I received from support team. Team treated me with the upmost courtesy and respect that all customer service representatives should deliver to their customers. From start to finish, they were there to assist me the entire way through what should have been an easy setup but were able to overcome all the obstacles that came up along the way. Thank you so much for your help and I am so happy knowing I have their team available to assist me in the future.

Pros

Professional, courtesy and respectful to their customers. Representatives go out of their way to assure the problem you are experiencing is resolved 100%

Cons

there is not anything I can think of at this time that would classify as a con based on all the positive experiences I have had dealing with their IT department as of late.

Response from Epos Now

Thank you for your 5 star business review of the service interactions you have had with us, it's really great to receive positive feedback from our customers.

We are striving every day to improve our customer service, we understand that some of the more technical aspects of our systems can require detailed explanations where patients and courtesy are required to promote great working relationships.

As one of our standard support customers please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or require any further assistance.

We looking forward to hearing from you.

Laura
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Avoid this company especially if you are a small business

Reviewed on 22/3/2024

Avoid this company at all costs, especially if you are a small business! They are quick to sell you their product, very responsive and pushy for the sale but as soon as you are in you struggle for an answer to anything. There is meant to be training, we received none but were 'graduated from training' with no response when we asked for help. You are then passed on to their call centers which are never consistent. No-one responds to emails and when you do get through to someone in their call center they tell you different things.

The product itself continuously resets, needs re-syncing or unassigns itself in the middle or service. We tried the handheld which constantly disconnected from the FOH and kitchen printers - you have to beg for help from this company. We lasted a couple of months before finding a local company who cares.

Epos Now are NOT for the 'little people' they couldn't care less how much their lack of support affects small businesses - do not go near this company.

Pros

The back end of the software is user friendly.

Cons

The customer service is absolutely atrocious. I ended up sending a 6 page word document of all the emails and communications they ignored from me asking to help

Epos Now didn't attempt to help set up or train us on how to use the product, we had to guess and when we asked for help we were ignored. We ended up having to ask our IT company who figured some of it out.

The software continuously stops working or re-syncs in the middle of service. Not ideal on a busy day. When you call for help you get palmed off and very little help is received.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Laura N,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your experience so far.

I'm eager to gain more insight into your concerns. Please don't hesitate to contact me and my team directly at [email protected]. We're here to help.

EposNow Digital Team.

Zehra

WORST SYSTEM AND CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

My overall experience is below 0 with this company, they cannot solve anything and puts even more challenges in front of their customers.

Pros

I made the decision to purchase this software because it looked user-friendly and the support team sounded great. It was also in top 10 for retail software in UK.

Cons

Since, the beginning I had many technical problems and problems with the support team. Once accidentally, they've deleted all my sales and product data during trading!
After a while, I lost connection with the support team, waiting for a day or 2 for them to get back to me, screen freezes in front of the customers in the store and there's nobody to reach, the system doesn't sync, no solution there. And, their Bulk Editor app is not working at all! And, once you reach someone with the support team, their answer is always like that - sorry, it has to be a glitch in the system, there's nothing I can do! Their support is to solve system problems, therefore I don't understand this reply at all!

I've bought the integration with Shopify and this sync is not working either and they are blaming Shopify about this. No product or refund data to be synced during the day, nobody to reach for help. I have been waiting for a solution to this for 4 weeks now.

I don't recommend this company to anyone, please stay away from this brand!

morteza

Totally RIP-OFF

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

absolutely rip off,

absolutely rip off,
they advertise complete solution for £249 including till terminal, cash drawer and a printer. (to good to be true)
when I called to place an order, I ended up getting it for £600 for that.
here comes worst part, as I only received a till terminal without cash drawer and printer.
I called them up to find out, they advised me cash drawer and printer will be dispatched separately, so I had to wait for another week.
unfortunately another week passed and no sign of my items, this time after literally 12min holding my call ,different guy picked up the phone and went through my record and said that the amount you paid was only for till terminal and for cash drawer and printer I had to pay separately.Really??
so I paid £600 only for till terminal only, is this a joke
so I asked what is this £249 that you are puting for sale included, he responded thats plus 3 year warranty and licence fee.
Obviously I have already purchased the license and do not need 3 year warranty as well,however he said we won't make money out of this, so we need to add a 3 year warranty charge so to cover the cost.
This is ridiculous, nobody told me that, otherwise I would not go for it.

Pros

covers most of my needs,not a bad support team.

Cons

Be aware they con people easily.sluggish software, you have to buy all equipments from them so not compatible with any other hardware other than themselves.

Michelle

Terrible customer service

Reviewed on 8/4/2018

Pros

The system is easy to use. I would love to have continued to use it....if they stood by what that tell you when you are purchasing the product and provide customer support, as they indicated.

Cons

Do yourself a favor....DO NOT PURCHASE AN EPOS SYSTEM. They DO NOT stand by what they tell you, when you are purchasing their equipment. Their support after one year is HORIBLE. If you refuse to buy their customer support plan, they tell you that they provide email support, which is a lie. They told me desktops have a 3 yr warranty on all equipment. Now, they are saying it only had a 1 yr warranty and we have to pay for a warranty, to have anything replaced now. I have created several tickets and never heard a word back or got the problem resolved. Today (Sunday at 2:00 CST) our desktop was down (which is ironic since our warranty supposibly just expired on the desktop). We had customers in our store and I needed our desktop up to check out customers. We received an error message saying the desktop could not be found, it has been moved or deleted. We called EPOS. It went to U.K. They refused to help because we did not purchase the 24/7 customer support service and said to call the US support line on Monday. Needless to say, we will be shopping for another POS system that stands by their product and customer service!

Derek

Glitches

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

Pros

Fairly user friendly , great customer service

Cons

The number of glitches, ie. Past orders popping up out of nowhere.

TouchBistro

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

The company went out of business

Cost

Dreadful support of a non functioning system

Reviewed on 4/3/2021

Dreadful and extremely costly. Possibly the worst in over 30 years of working in Epos. As a consultant advising on Epos / Accounting selections for retailers of a single store through to significant multiple site/till configurations i could never recommend such a product confidently when it fails at its its most basic level.

In very short space of time became apparent that the product did not meet its claimed functionality and was creating significant challenge for the client and a decision to halt the project at significant cost and resort to its former system.

Pros

Not Much to define it above anything else in a crowded marketplace of average solutions.

Cons

With over 30 years in the Epos industry, both supply and executive user, Brought in to effect the conversion and integration of accounting systems for existing Eposnow solution. On representation of links to Xero and with other systems integrated elsewhere to the platform in the business all attempts to link were painful. !st line support were unable to fix and any higher support was not accessible. Insistence that the problem was Xero for over a week was frustrating until eventually a functioning link was established to the API (not a Xero problem).
Then the problems really started. Transactionally the information flows to Xero were flawed and did not balance to reality. The posting of sales invoices to the accounting ledger made no reference to defined accounting structure, created spurious entries and gave no meaningful method by which reconciliation could be achieved.

Kevin

Beware of what your told and what you get

Reviewed on 15/8/2019

not really happy. thinking of at least dumping support because i see no value. i paid for the system outright so just going to grin and bear it for now. If my industry continues beyond 2020 would probably switch to clover

Pros

Not hard to setup
not hard to use
The till is OK

Cons

this a United Kingdom based software. The reporting when exporting to excel use VAT taxes and you have to change headings because a lot of them don't make any sense
when using an outside loyalty program platform the system is incredibly slow
The system uses nearly all the storage available and I find myself constantly having to try to delete windows update failures, downloads, and other items . I am a small shop and not an IT guy
Support is random sometimes unavailable and the times we have called in most of the problems have not been solved by their support . We were escalated but then no one ever calls back and we figured out the issues on our own.
'I'm unable to figure out how to use the added features as most things are just set up as individual items
I run a vape shop and was hoping to be able to use variants such as colors, and bottle sizes but was advised against during setup for reporting purposes. so every size and color is setup as an individual item which is disappointing as we have changing stock constantly in the industry.

Amy
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Poor unreliable system. Card reader fails frequently.

Reviewed on 18/3/2024

It was okay until I couldn’t take payment multiple times the first day of being in business. Even with tech support and having it hardwired into the network, the card still failed multiple times the next 5 days.

Does not deliver what it promise.

Pros

Sales reporting is actually good, it gives you a breakdown of everything including modifiers.

Cons

Unable to collect payment. On grand opening day, card reader failed. I called tech support to fix issue. It failed again a couple hours later. And every single day for the first week in business it failed. I couldn’t take a lot of payments on grand opening week. I also wasted a lot of time calling tech support grand opening week. Time that should be been spent on grand opening things, not troubleshooting a card reader. This product is an epic fail. Don’t waste your time or money.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Amy L,

EposNow Digital Team.

Bronwyn

Avoid at all costs!

Reviewed on 29/11/2020

From what I was told this was a great system however in reality it could do only a small percentage of things on my list - such as remote access, custom templates and access to packing slips etc from another location. Then the costs started adding up... there was an additional $25 charged each month for who knows what (I was told support - but that was a joke), another $50 a month just to connect to Xero, then upwards from $25 to use custom templates - a must as their standard design is pretty bad. Support was, well a joke. We were told we had 'training'' however we could not connect with them, we had about five changes in people we were deailing with (I could never keep up) and they con't get the phone numbers to call or even business name correct. They I received a call saying training had finished and we had 'graduated' - when it had barely started and still having a long list of questions. And then their anytime support.... having been locked out and it stating log-in to get support which obviously wasn't at all helpful, I tried to call a few times and couldn't get through so messaged their live support... and was told it was not their problem - not their problem? Who's problem was it then? . Having vented my frustration I was esculated to a supervisor who was great to start, but three weeks later I am still waiting for answers to a number of questions sent, let alone actual replies.

Pros

Seemed at first glance to be value for money, great support and was told would do everything on my list.

Cons

Things we were told it could do we were unable to find, would on occasion log me out and not allow myself or anybody else back in thereafter.