Epos Now

Secure electronic point of sale (POS) system

3.3/5
3.5/5
3.6/5
3.3/5

• Industry: Insurance

Super Simple

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Pros

Epos Now was by far the simplest software we found. The integrations were the deal breaker though. They have out of box integrations that rival any other POS System and have the flexibility to allow us to create our own integrations for other softwares we actively work with.

Cons

I don't like the per terminal license. It isn't a big issue as we're getting a ton of value, but it would be cool if they had small package tier licenses.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Reviewer.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, your feedback regarding licencing fee is important to us.

I'm pleased to read that you like the way our products integrate with software.

Gary
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

You will have to pay a premium price for access their customer service

Reviewed on 21/6/2022

Last customer service agent I called kept trying to get me to pay $69 per month in order for him to help me.

Pros

easy to add products and keep track of sales

Cons

Just added a new computer to my pos system. But I need to have the drivers for the epos printer I purchased. Owned this system for 3 years and they will not help you in a pinch unless you pay $69 per month for their customer service. Be aware this system will not be their advertised $39 per month. More like $118 per month

Jerica
  • Industry: Farming

Difficult implementation, but lots of potential

Reviewed on 24/2/2017

We are starting feed/retail/animal health products store, and wanted a cloud-based system with more flexibility than the dinosaur server-based systems typically used in our industry. We asked a TON of questions, demoed multiple systems, and decided Epos Now was the best fit; we've had the system for 4 months. Implementation was rough, to say the least. We were told customer service was based out of North Carolina; however, most of the reps we've talked to are very British. Nothing against Britts, but lingo is different, business is different, time zones are different- all making for minor challenges that we were not anticipating. Our implementation manager hung up on us mid-call when she had to go catch her train. We were instructed to enter products one way, then told we had to delete everything we'd entered (DAYS of work) and do it all over again. It cannot accept payments over $, which matters if you sell a large amount of product or invoice monthly. It is weight integrated, and when I was doing my initial inquisitions, made it clear that we would sell feed/seed in ounces, pounds, and tons with decimal values; the system only can measure in kilograms, which is not practical for most US applications. Manager overrides require the sales associate to log-out and the manager to log-in; an override code would be so much more efficient. However, when you actually have a client in front of you for a simple transaction, the transactions are smooth and easy. The sales interface is very user-friendly. It works great in the remote setting for pop-up shops. It was not expensive. The apps are interesting- it's nice that it makes the basic system very affordable and there are many apps available, but it is overwhelming to know which apps I need and how to use them. It could also potentially get expensive if you added many apps. As a young company, they are motivated and do continually work to improve the product and add frequent updates; however, we were told some features were a part of the system, but after purchasing the system were told that they would be available in the 'next update'. After about 2 months, we had a serious discussion about ditching this system and switching to another. We ultimately decided to stay with this system, accepting that all systems had limitations, and crossing our fingers that the worst was over. It does appear that the worst is over; however, we've only been going at this for 4 months, so ultimately time will tell.

Pros

Sales interface and usability for transactions
Overall look and style of equipment and graphics
Price for value
Mobility and Flexibility

Cons

Misleading information during demo/search process
Unreliable support during implementation
Lack of standard features and functions- units of measurement, limit on dollar amounts, etc
Confusion regarding which features are/not available via apps

Lisa

Love the software - both front end and back end

Reviewed on 14/6/2018

Would recommend that if your looking for a POS system you look at this software

Pros

Both front end and back end of this software works well, ease of use and the ability to customize is what I like most

Cons

customer service is lacking and that is not good in my book I had to call and e-mail many times and never felt that I received the correct support

Danielle
  • Industry: Restaurants

Very user-friendly and mobile too

Reviewed on 25/8/2018

I was simply looking for a POS system to replace a very outdated one. This worked.

Pros

It has a mobile app. It was easy to sign up for and use. Its layout is super user friendly, and getting reports is a breeze!

Cons

It tends to be a little glitchy still, and I haven't used much of their hardware. THe mobile app gave me a lot of trouble for the trial before purchasing, so if you wanted to try before buying, that might be an issue.

Response from Naiomi

Hello Danielle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive and informative review of your experience with the Epos Now mobile app. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed using our set up process and in-depth reporting features.

I will be sure to pass on your reports of glitching to our technical team to look into as we hope to provide a seamless experience to all mobile, tablet and hardware users alike. Please do not hesitate to contact our friendly support team if ever you experience any issues.

Kind Regards,

Naiomi

Miguel

Not meant for middle to large businesses

Reviewed on 27/4/2022

I am the shipping and receiving manager for my company. A few of my daily tasks is to post and receive 200+ invoices weekly. Inventory management, market retail adjustments, sales reports, purchase orders, etc. It'd a very busy job. When we first got this EPOS NOW system we started having issues and they informed us the application at the time was unstable and so they switched us over to a web browser format. (First red flag).
Every day I get constant "timed out" errors because their servers have too many users. As I write this review, it's been almost 2 hours now that I can't post and receive any invoice. There's also the too many users are online so your task has been killed pop up. Which literally means "try again".

They are constantly trying to add new features, but don't address and resolve the instability of their service.

There's also a huge problem with the feature "notes" which is where we add the invoice number of every invoice/po entered in to the system. I told them that 90% of these notes are erased from the system days after posting. They said that's not a priority of theirs. So, I told them it's definitely a priority for a market that processes hundreds of invoices weekly. Helps us search entries i.e duplicate invoices, etc.

This system is good for smaller businesses (such as a bar/restaurant). But not for middle to large businesses.

Pros

Easy to navigate menu. Seems pretty straight forward.

Cons

The constant "hang". Unable to connect. They keep adding features to the system without fixing the instability of current features and service connection.

Giulia
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Avoid this company!!!

Reviewed on 19/10/2021

Pros

None
I don't have anything positive to day about my experience with epos
Please read cons

Cons

I worked with epos now for over 12 months and they made me waste so much time and money. I been having issues integrating my shopify account with my epos account for over 12 months, stock level was incorrect and also the app wasnt syncing properly.
I have been having the same issue for 12 months and spoke to over 20 different staff members but still the issue hasn't been solved till today. Every phone call i had lasted between a hour to 3 hours.
Their customer service is not trained enough and absolutely clueless on what they are doing as they admitted multiple times that they didnt know how to solve the issue and were waiting for their manager response on how to move forward. What makes me even more frustrated is that in over a year time of reporting the SAME issue CONSTANTLY day by day, i never had help from any of their managers in charge. I dont understand why epos is adding extra apps on their app store when they clearly have zero control on them. To add more features you ALSO have to make sure you to add more training etc you can't offer a service that doesn't work. I really hope that i won't have to put up with this company ever again, an absolute headache. Avoid at all costs!

Jeffrey
  • Industry: Restaurants

Epos provides alot for the money spent

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

In general this software provides everything you would need to run your business ar a very good price, i would definitely recommend this software for small business owners

Pros

Epos provides everything you need to run a basic store. It has sales report, labor report, and many more useful informative reports. On top of that its really easy to add and edit items on your menu.

Cons

Sometimes its a little hard to reach a tech and some functions need to be added, like a field to put your store phone number on the receipt

Kim
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Epos Now

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

It’s good - but our volunteer bartenders say it takes too long to learn it (they are not using it every week)!so they will not open or close - just use it to sell drinks.

Pros

Easy to learn
Easy checkout
Easy to add product

Cons

Cannot run ind sales by customer without paying more for the app

We had a disastrous experience trying to use one of your recommended pinpad suppliers (EVO). Horrible experience. They have absolutely no customer service for Canada. QUIT using them immediately.

Raymond
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Terribly Poor Support! Please avoid!!!!!!

Reviewed on 3/6/2022

Not much benefit

Pros

Easyt to use and works perfectly fine. Had to work our our own way around it as the support was terrible

Cons

Poor support. I waited for over an hour just to get support for a minor issue. Am so shocked about the poor support!!!

Fran
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Good system, but the true shining star is one of their employees.

Reviewed on 7/7/2017

Pros

We purchased your POS systems for both of our shops earlier this spring. We were upgrading our Gettysburg shop and opening a new location in Charleston, South Carolina. On the day before our opening, we installed the Bixelon barcode printer, and the plan was to print all of our labels that day so we'd be able to open and take sales the next day, April 1.

When we tested the labels we'd printed, we found that none of them would scan, which was a major problem for us opening the next day. One of the Customer Support had been working with us already through weeks of a difficult installation in our Gettysburg shop, and when we realized the issue with the labels not scanning, he had already gone home for the day. It was a Friday night, and we were in a panic. Thankfully, a lady working your call line was able to reach out, and that customer support went above and beyond the call of duty, working with us for literally hours, ultimately discovering a bug within Google Chrome that was causing the issue. He then quickly fixed the problem, allowing us to print labels for all of our hundreds of hats and to open on time the next morning, with our system fully operational.

Since then, continued to be quickly responsive to any issues we have encountered. We have been meaning to write this letter for some time now, but opening a new shop has been all consuming. We are ever so grateful to the customer support and feel that he is a true asset to your company. He is patient, personable, and calm, and a fine representative of your business. If he were our employee, he'd most certainly be first in line for a promotion.

Matthew
  • Industry: Printing

Very useful system for SME

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Very Good. It has helped us total our end of day sales and with the breakdown of items and sold we can easily separate the Vatable sales saving time for our accounts team.

Pros

The software is easy to use and can be edited to suit your business needs with time saving folders. It also has a very user friendly interface that can be picked up in minutes making it great for getting new employees up to speed

Cons

Updating the software was a little tricky but with the help of the telephone team this issue was resolved pretty quickly.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Matthew.

Thank you for leaving us a business review, we take all feedback seriously and use this to help continually learn and grow and provide the best customer service possible.

The simplicity of our front end system is a real unique selling point making it easy to train staff and adapt for personal / business preference. The backend provides intuitive reporting about
profitability, revenue, staff or products analysis by location, staff members or across the whole business.This allows you to figure out what¿s working and what isn¿t to make actionable changes which will boost your bottom line.

I understand that updating the system was a little tricky, I'm pleased to hear that our award winning support staff were able to support you through this.

If you wish to provide any additional feedback please email [email protected]

Martin
  • Industry: Restaurants

EPOs Back Office set up from the begining .

Reviewed on 23/9/2017

Pros

On Wednesday 20th September 2017 I was having some problems trying to log in to the back Office on our EPOs till.
I phoned the support line in the morning & was connected to a 1st line support Agent.
I explained the problem & it was agreed that she would phone me back at 4pm to help resolve the problem.
We have recently changed company names over & there had been a mix up about which account etc. was still active ( our fault ).
she phoned at 4pm prompt then kindly spent the next 2 hours or so helping me re install EPOs back office again as the one we had been using was now locked.
I explained to her that I needed to get the new programme running as we opened again at 9am on the 20th & we needed the system up & running.
Just to summarize as it would take to long to explain she was exceptional in the very cool, calm & professional manner in which she helped me resolve this issue. I was getting a little stressed as this was put on me last minute but she explained the process step by step in a very friendly & understanding manner.
Anything she wasn't sure about in the process she asked for advice from her team & at one point she kindly got another member of her team to help also.
Its vary rare when you deal with telephone help lines that everything you ask for happens but I can honestly say that she went above & beyond to help me which was really appreciated & I was able to set up the new Back Office system in time for us to be able to trade again in the next morning.
she is a prime example of how to get a good end result for both parties in & limited time scale in very difficult & testing situation.
She is an asset to your team & I hope she receives the recognition she deserves.

Michael

Eposnow is a phenomenal software!

Reviewed on 13/2/2017

We began as a very simple bookstore, with only a couple hundred products, and thus very easy to manage. Later on, as the business grew, I realized we needed to move into the future and purchase a point of sale. Eposnow has filled that need like only they can. We originally were bogged down by the fact that some of our books had no barcodes. They were able to teach us to barcode our products, and we could use them in tandem with the pre-barcoded books! Fluid and simple, and very excited for the new update!

Pros

Everything! Easy to use, straightforward, dependable, cheap, and powerful! I've never had such an easy experience with technology, and all of my hardware has worked seamlessly with the software!

Cons

Honestly, no cons. I wish there was more customizability, but a few of my feature votes have come through such as preauthorization, so the feature voting system does work well! I also was bothered by the quality of some of the training videos, but since they were free I wasn't too surprised. The customer display sometimes reads the wrong price.

Mala
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

EPOSNOW software review

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Getting a new till system installed is simple abd a good experience when setting up a new part of the business.

Pros

The till at the forefront for staff is easy to use

Cons

It is not easy to run reports and set up products especially when cost prices and sale prices can change. The stock take functionality is also not the easiest to use and monitor from a staff and management perspective

Response from Epos Now

Hello Mala.

Thank you for leaving a business review.

It's great to hear that you have found our system easy to use as this is a key design feature of our solutions.

We rely on customer feedback to help us build future propositions for our customers and would like to learn more about your feedback regarding the stock taking and reports. If you are willing please can you email us more detail to [email protected]

Ronald
  • Industry: Entertainment

Perfect option for my Business

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

I use Epos Now for my POS, employee clock in/out and inventory management (small portion). The easy customization makes its very intuitive for employees to learn and start using right away.

Pros

This software did not over burden me with things I did not need. Customization made it a good fit for my business, plus its very easy to use.

Cons

A few of the functions are not so easy to find, but customer support was able to help.

Square Point of Sale and Clover

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

better rates and customization
Peter
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Does what it says and then some...

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

Pros

After evaluating a number of potential EPOS solutions for our business we decided that the Epos Now solution was a close watch to our required specification, functionality and ease of use. It provided all of our essential hardware and software requirements and many 'nice to haves' that were on our original list. After installing the system off-site we had an intensive period of testing user data and configuring the system to match our specific business processes. Epos Now provided plenty of training and support during this period and we were impressed with how much functionality was available compared to our old system. After the user acceptance testing was signed off the system was installed seamlessly into the operation and has ran perfectly from day 1. Combined with the remote back office, the Epos Now system has been welcomed by staff, has introduced many new efficiencies into our business and continues to do so the more we use it. We have no hesitation recommending this system to others.We had a couple of small software gaps that we needed more help than usual to rectify however epos now made available the support resolve them.

Vicky

Never buy EPOS and don't bother buying if you are in Canada

Reviewed on 8/1/2021

I will strongly recommend this product to people I hate and let them suffer.

Pros

I hate the system. We add inventory and the system will not pick items when customers are standing in line. Not only this is irritating, it becomes embarrassing also.

Cons

Everything. The screen will not work if sunlight is coming on the screen or even nearby. In Canada, I can't add certain taxes and fees. I can't get a detailed end of day report that separates my sales types by-products. Lottery redemption is a huge task and customers complain of wait times. Don't ask about customer service. You need something, UK customer service will call you in the middle of the night. I received my box and I was promised a customer display (please not although they will show you it is not included) am going back and forth with customer service for the last 2 months and they still have not given it to me. Their employees will tell you "yes, we are misleading, but it is not included in your base price". And good luck dealing with customer support. I have decided to move my services to some other service provider because Epos Now will not take care of my grievances and I don't have time and courage to deal with their customer support because they simply don't care. AND ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING. DON'T GET INTO THEIR SALES TACTICS AND USE EVO PAY AS YOUR PAYMENTS PROVIDER. TRUST US, YOUR MONEY WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED IN YOUR ACCOUNT ON DAILY BASIS AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CLOSED ON WEEKENDS. EPOS NOW EMPLOYEES WILL MAKE $2K AS COMMISSION BUT YOUR LIFE WILL BE SPENT IN DEALING WITH EPOS NOW AND EVO PAY CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Zehra

WORST SYSTEM AND CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

My overall experience is below 0 with this company, they cannot solve anything and puts even more challenges in front of their customers.

Pros

I made the decision to purchase this software because it looked user-friendly and the support team sounded great. It was also in top 10 for retail software in UK.

Cons

Since, the beginning I had many technical problems and problems with the support team. Once accidentally, they've deleted all my sales and product data during trading!
After a while, I lost connection with the support team, waiting for a day or 2 for them to get back to me, screen freezes in front of the customers in the store and there's nobody to reach, the system doesn't sync, no solution there. And, their Bulk Editor app is not working at all! And, once you reach someone with the support team, their answer is always like that - sorry, it has to be a glitch in the system, there's nothing I can do! Their support is to solve system problems, therefore I don't understand this reply at all!

I've bought the integration with Shopify and this sync is not working either and they are blaming Shopify about this. No product or refund data to be synced during the day, nobody to reach for help. I have been waiting for a solution to this for 4 weeks now.

I don't recommend this company to anyone, please stay away from this brand!

Michelle

Terrible customer service

Reviewed on 8/4/2018

Pros

The system is easy to use. I would love to have continued to use it....if they stood by what that tell you when you are purchasing the product and provide customer support, as they indicated.

Cons

Do yourself a favor....DO NOT PURCHASE AN EPOS SYSTEM. They DO NOT stand by what they tell you, when you are purchasing their equipment. Their support after one year is HORIBLE. If you refuse to buy their customer support plan, they tell you that they provide email support, which is a lie. They told me desktops have a 3 yr warranty on all equipment. Now, they are saying it only had a 1 yr warranty and we have to pay for a warranty, to have anything replaced now. I have created several tickets and never heard a word back or got the problem resolved. Today (Sunday at 2:00 CST) our desktop was down (which is ironic since our warranty supposibly just expired on the desktop). We had customers in our store and I needed our desktop up to check out customers. We received an error message saying the desktop could not be found, it has been moved or deleted. We called EPOS. It went to U.K. They refused to help because we did not purchase the 24/7 customer support service and said to call the US support line on Monday. Needless to say, we will be shopping for another POS system that stands by their product and customer service!

Epos Now not great

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Pros

We mostly like the look of the pos screen and ease of use of the pos. We also like that it has a time clock feature.

Cons

I don't like that everything costs extra. I think you should be able to do bulk transfers without paying extra for it. I'd also like to see a loyalty program as part of the system.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Reviewer.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and provide feedback regarding our system, I'm sorry to hear you would be unlikely to recommend us.

Engaging with our customers allows us to continually enhance our product and the feedback you have given will be collated and reviewed within our product development.

If you would like to provide any additional feedback please email [email protected]

Andrew

Very aggressive sales team and after that hell break lose.....Support over stretched and not...

Reviewed on 25/5/2017

The big mouth(sales) does not match the digestive(Support) system. The business seems to have high turnover because you will be dealing with different people all the time and always get the message "So so is no longer here" and you seem to be dealing with different people all the time. The sales advised me it will be good for use even places outside UK. My system has been down for three weeks and have been told someone will come back to you, and that someone will never come back. You phone and sometimes it goes unanswered or is cut.

As one of the directors of the company I had insisted and imposed this system on our company against our employees resistance and sticking to a locally supported product. How embarrassed and have been proved wrong and we are going to our old simple system called 4POS.

Pros

Cloud based and access to real time information on what is happening on the ground. Could access information anyway. The potential to improve other basic utilities on a POS is there

Cons

Hidden costs which become real after purchase. Comes in bits and pieces. Low price comes at a cost. Simple things like uploading information become chargeable through direct debit up.

Adrian

Happy with the system

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Pros

I use the product every day and am happy with the ease of use. Everyone picked it up quickly and the system is working for the business. I don’t have any issues with the system and am going to integrate with my payment provider. I have never had any need to phone the customer support team but know they are there if I need anything.

Cons

I would like to see some improvements to invoicing. In particular I would like to be able to put my company logo on the invoice. Another thing that I have noticed is that when you look at an invoice it generates a new invoice number which does not need to happen when you are purely viewing an existing invoice.

Kevin

Beware of what your told and what you get

Reviewed on 15/8/2019

not really happy. thinking of at least dumping support because i see no value. i paid for the system outright so just going to grin and bear it for now. If my industry continues beyond 2020 would probably switch to clover

Pros

Not hard to setup
not hard to use
The till is OK

Cons

this a United Kingdom based software. The reporting when exporting to excel use VAT taxes and you have to change headings because a lot of them don't make any sense
when using an outside loyalty program platform the system is incredibly slow
The system uses nearly all the storage available and I find myself constantly having to try to delete windows update failures, downloads, and other items . I am a small shop and not an IT guy
Support is random sometimes unavailable and the times we have called in most of the problems have not been solved by their support . We were escalated but then no one ever calls back and we figured out the issues on our own.
'I'm unable to figure out how to use the added features as most things are just set up as individual items
I run a vape shop and was hoping to be able to use variants such as colors, and bottle sizes but was advised against during setup for reporting purposes. so every size and color is setup as an individual item which is disappointing as we have changing stock constantly in the industry.

Andii
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Support is the best around!

Reviewed on 12/7/2018

Pros

We've been working with EposNow for a few months now, and even with our start-up issues, they've been great.

The support staff is personable and helpful to an incredible degree. The smallest thing he will do his upmost to help with. We had him come down to London to troubleshoot, and even with our connectivity issues he was able to get us up and running in both our shops. An absolute asset to the company and I'd recommend anyone to contact him when using EposNow!

Cons

Takes a while to get used to the interface, but as said before the support is so good I know I could easily call if I'm confused.

Response from Naiomi

Hello Andii,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear about your experience with us at Epos Now. We are incredibly proud of our support team and I am glad to hear that we have been able to help you get up and running in both of your shops.

Will really enjoyed coming to visit you and he will be really pleased to read this review!

Many Thanks,