talech Reviews

talech

Write a Review!
Increase sales and grow your business with talech POS

3.7/5
3.6/5
4.0/5
3.9/5

Ginny

This Small Business Owner Is Happy!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

I have been using Elo PayPoint and Talech for almost two years and I have be 110% pleased about the choice I made. My business had grown to the point where I needed a better way to manage sales, track inventory, review reports and continue to elevate the customer experience as a whole. Talech was the solution. The system is user friendly. Customer Service support is awesome. And I am happy. There is enough stressors in running a small business, my point-of-sale isn't one of them.

Pros

Ease of use, accurate reporting, appearance

Cons

The auto-correct when entering Custom Items. It's sneaky and changes a word to a more common one so I end up with interesting items on a receipt/report.

Response from talech

We're so happy to have you as a happy and long-time customer, Ginny. Thanks for sharing what is working and what could be better for you. I have passed along your feedback to the team. Please continue to share with us. We love hearing from you!

John

Excellent Platform, Easily Manageable

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

We have been using Talech for about 2 years now to run our Tasting Room attached to our brewery's production area. The overall experience has been very positive, and the platform is excellent for managing the menu list, structure, and for culling information for reporting from a distance.

I myself (the primary managing owner) operate the platform from Omaha, NE. My business is in Washington State, some 1600 miles away. And the ease of use of Talech, the customizability, and the adaptability of the team running the program from the Talech side are splendid.

The only real issues we've had tend to be more related to the specific processor used (we use Elavon), or the local internet connectability.

The reporting available in the system is very powerful, and new little tweaks are coming out on a constant basis to improve the utility of the system for the needs of the small business owner.

Talech support is also available 24/7 on the phone, which is very helpful for businesses like mine that are open late into the evening.

If you have any questions, please let me know - I have now ample experience with the system and would be happy to discuss its qualities.

Pros

Flexible, easy to understand, intuitive, easy to modify, easy to pull reports, manageable from a distance, continuously improving and updating.

Cons

Inability to have a common pool of inventory for different categories to pull from with respect to inventory management; new beta interfaces have splendid reporting capacity but need to become the standard rather than the tested exception.

Response from talech

Thanks for writing such a nice, detailed review, John. We're so glad that talech is working so well for you and your business. I have passed along your feedback, especially regarding inventory management, with the product team. We really appreciate feedback like that! Please continue to share - we love to hear from you!

Mary Ann
  • Industry: Food Production

I'm considering switching to a different POS system

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

At first, we all loved our new Talech POS. It is very easy to use and train new hires on. Then all these updates rolled in and some of the features didn't work for us. First, employees were able to print out their daily time sheet that included their sales for the day. This was not a good thing for our company, because we work as a team and we have people on the sales floor making the sales and then people processing orders at the end of the day. Of course, processors would seem like they made the most money that day. I have tried to get this changed, but was told it couldn't happen in the near future, but it was noted. Then, we experienced some glitches in the discount button. last week, we tried to apply a 10% discount, and it would register as giving a discount in the $1000's. This was really frustrating and I haven't had a chance yet to call tech support. Shortly there after on a busy Thursday, we were unable to process credit cards because that option was down in the system. Luckily, we had an analog credit card machine that we were able to use. I tried calling tech support for 4 hours, and couldn't get through. We had to wait to process orders until the next day when the system was up and running again. Another thing we have issues with is finding tickets to reference an open order. Apparently, it purges from the system after 3 months and we have to call tech support to retrieve it. There are a few other issues that I have that I am unable to articulate right now, but that is the bulk of my frustration with the program. Please take these responses into consideration. Having my concerns addressed and fixed would be amazing as I love this program and I want it to succeed so that my business can succeed as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my review. Please contact me to discuss further.

Pros

That it is cloud based and we use apple ipads

Cons

It is glitchy at times, the time sheet with individual employee sales needs to go.
Purging 3 month old tickets and we can't find them unless we call tech support.

Response from talech

Thanks for sharing the feedback and chatting with us about your experience. We are checking on some features and will get back to you soon.

Norma

Cheapseats need to approve

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Hi I love the software its ease of use there are only 2 issues I have #1 that employees can delete and avoid easily and shouldn't be able to so lets say they put the order in they can slide the item over and delete/void with pass code employees shouldn't be able to delete/void ever unless they have the owners pass code..when we cant run credit cards its takes forever for your company to fix it you need a back up system ....Sat Oct 30 your system was down for like 3 hours ouch that hurts my restaurant :( get generator or something. I got to say your employees are GREAT!!! I BOW TO THEM they are nice, courteous on top of everything. So, so understanding I got to admit I have called maybe twice and I was a poop :( but your employees handle it well your are lucky to have such an awesome crew keep it up. I worked in customer escalation dept so I know how it is your bless I love you folks .... thank you for asking for my feedback I appreciate. Have a great day.

Pros

The ease of it so easy to use and understand.

Cons

It allows anyone to delete/void a product if the slide the item over so I know I have gotten lost dollars for it the system needs to require the owner pass code for this to avoid employees stealing from me.

Response from talech

Thank you for the review and feedback, Norma. We're glad to hear that you love the software. Thanks for letting us know about the 2 issues you've had - I've passed along your feedback to the team so we can continue to improve. Please continue to share with us - we love hearing from you!

Brad
  • Industry: Restaurants

Good product for the price

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

Pros

I like how easy it is to customize the interface of the iPad app. I can easily color coordinate sections and subsections, rearrange everything to fit our needs. I also love the online ordering system, we take on average a dozen online orders a day. There are of course things I wish we could change about the system, but overall, it does the job, and does it well!

Cons

Not a fan of the online ordering setup. If I wish to have a product hidden on our online store, it also hides it on our iPad, which does not work too well. The program is also very laggy when you first try to login, takes 5 seconds or so every time - just freezes. Also, if someone tries to tip us with a custom tip amount, sometimes the text box covers up the amount section - and we've had people almost tip us $2,000 multiple times - the box needs to be moved.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to talech

Because we knew one of the sales reps.
Kate

Marty's Restaurant & Retail Operational Review of Talech POS System

Reviewed on 31/8/2019

We have only solved the items under Pros. although talech systems also begins to make it easier for us to do at least retail inventory easier to determine.
However, dealing with a customer service staff who are really only there to get us off the phone as quickly as possible while attempting to fix a specific problem is frustrating. More often than not, they are not given the time to sufficiently understand the problem or issue or don't really care, and more often than not, we get instructions to go to online help, with not even what specific topic we're supposed to look under. Time and time again, when I've asked for help to create reports I want, there is not only a misconnect in understanding (my tech language is not very good) but most of the responses I have gotten in the past year is that work on the reporting features are not a priority and therefore will not be addressed in any determinable near future.
We got Talech to grow our business. While it has helped it has also been a disappointment as it is not as user friendly as we thought. And the ability of customer service to understand and help us resolve the issues we have, while lately much better on very specific items, has on more complex issues on a admin level been very disappointing. Talech customer service is good about adding techy and trendy additional features but not so good at organizing the information to manage the actual administrative business needs of business owners & managers.

Pros

1. Makes it easy for customers to check out faster
2. Makes it easy for servers to send menu tickets to the kitchen

Cons

1. Reporting features. The totals in each categories (retail, or restaurant) are never totaled. Bank settlement totals for different forms of payments, etc., are the only totals there are except Dine In, and To Go, tips, and gratuity.
We got the POS system so we could get reports on costs, profitability, in each category both in beverages (wine, draft beers and food (per menu items- quantities of items sold within each category also) and current inventory in each category, per selected periods of time. I find that we have to basically create our own templates in Excel, download the period of time we are reviewing, and copying the categories & items to our exel templates which then subtotals the categories we want to see to determine how we are doing in each category or with any particular item within the categories.

Revel Systems

Reasons for Switching to talech

Partly due to the promotional incentive of reducing our CC processing fees for a year, because it was being offered by the bank we were already working with, and we really had no prior products to compare with it.
Tarek
  • Industry: Restaurants

be aware of the billing department

Reviewed on 8/2/2021

software is ok but very mad with the Billing department if they owe you money, you have to suffer before you get it plus you have to be so mean for them to listen.

Pros

the ease of use and the features the software offer. plus you don't need to give away the credit card processing service.

Cons

credit cards integration and online double charges

Beth

The 3 Weird Sisters

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

I feel overall the customer service is lacking. When a recording says "we are sorry for the long hold", that tells me you are not only aware of the problem but doing little to fix it. I have to schedule a call to get simple answers asked to be told they will have to look into and get back to me. I am usually not available to receive that call when and if it comes because I'm either not at work, driving or at home with my children at that point. It takes far too long to get simple issues resolved with this company . customer service has improved since I first started with them by way of polite people getting questions answered seems to take three times as long now. and when I do get a wrap to walk me through and show me what I need to do it often doesn't work like it should even after they've checked all the settings and they have to go back to the design and again no resolution on my end

Pros

The cloud storage

Cons

Can not reach help when needed and I feel like I get a runaround

Response from talech

Thanks for being a customer and writing a review, Beth. I am sorry to hear that support has been difficult to reach and that the hold times have been so long. I've passed along your feedback to the support team so they can continue to work make improvements. Thanks for being candid and letting us know.

Railan
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Talech POS System for a Retail Store

Reviewed on 27/9/2022

Pros

Talech is very adaptable to a retail store in sales transactions, inventory tracking and management, and accounting reports. It is very quick and easy to speak with a Customer Service Agent should you need it, and the Team is very proactive in assisting.

Cons

There are features within inventory management that could be added to improve inventory tracking and management. For example, when performing an EOY inventory count, it would be very helpful to be able to freeze inventory numbers and then unfreeze them to update the quantities. Currently, to update inventory numbers, a stock take must be done which is a lengthy task if a business has more than 2,000 products. A second feature is to have the ability to manipulate employee access to certain information within the software including inventory updates, and sales reports. You can lock employees out of these things, but when done also locks them out of key features they need to perform their other tasks.

David
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Talech register using iPad

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

I am only using the system as a register as my inventory is too extensive and would take months to years to add all the inventory. It wars fine for retail and wholesale transactions without any problems.

Pros

Easy to use and program. Keeps track of inventory, able to use with Wi-Fi. Keeps track of Payouts for inventory paid for by Cash as well as payouts for tips. Excellent choice for a small or start up business to program for products and inventory.

Cons

The problem with Talech is the Balancing area. When doing a close out for the day there is no way to correct any mistakes it's a final once you press the reconcile button and no way to correct it on the system. You might have miscounted or not entered something for the day but can't reconcile.

Casey

WORST PIECE OF TECH AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IVE EVER ENCOUNTERED

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

HORRIBLE AND INCOMPETENT

HORRIBLE AND INCOMPETENT

Pros

SAVE YOURSELF, WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT PURCHASE TALECH OR POYNT FOR YOUR POS SYSTEM. I have never in my life experience such INCOMPETENCE and trouble with a system and with customer service. One day the system decides to work and the next it's broken. I easily refunded my customers the first couple of months with this system and now the system doesn't allow me to. Whenever a MAJOR problem occurs, (every day) I go to call customer service and get the same agent who has absolutely no clue what he's talking about and puts me on hold for hours at a time to google what I've already tried to look up on my own. I know more about the system then the own company does. Not to mention when I first received this system my rep told me I would be receiving a bar code scanner, cash drawer, bar code printer, etc. I received NOTHING except a piece of junk tiny little screen and they continue to charge me for this "bundle package" that doesnt exist. I can not stress anymore how HORRIBLE this system and the customer service is as equally bad. For your own sanity, DO NOT PURCHASE!!!!!!

Cons

something new breaks every day on the back end and when I call customer service they are unable to help me and instead of resolving it, they tell me there is a glitch in my system and that theres nothing they can do.

James
  • Industry: Sports

Overall pretty decent

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Talech does what we need it to do for the most part. Price-wise, nothing else even comes close, but it lacks some really basic features that can be extremely annoying - such as partial (percentage) refunds - for example, a restocking fee.

Also, there are some long-term SIMPLE glitches that have never been figured ou,t such as the tallying of employee hours. How is that still wrong? Isn't it as simple as (hourly wage x hours worked)?

Another thing- selling a "custom item" doesn't include cost, but the item doesn't just appear out of nowhere. We sell lots of custom items, and it's very difficult to find them at the end of the year and give them all a cost. Everything must be exported to excel and then filtered out.

Sometimes it seems like we are the only ones using Talech. Customer support really has been great. They are always easy to get a hold of, and are very friendly. However, they often seem stumped by these basic quandaries.

Pros

Ease of use for admin and every day user.

Cons

All listed on previous page.

Response from talech

Hi James, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review so we know what works and what could be better. We also appreciate you taking the time to speak with us via phone to share more detail. We love hearing from you - please continue to share.

Bruce
  • Industry: Restaurants

Talech for a full service restaurant and bar

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

It is easy to set up your menu and make changes. It is fairly easy for my employees, mostly highschool students, to learn.

The system tends to slow down during busy times. It takes too long to switch from one screen to another. It also takes a long time to sync when you first log in.

The security is not very good. It is too easy for one employee to log in with someone else's id, making the security feature essentially worthless.
Each employee should have a card to swype in order to log in. That would be a huge improvement.

The reports are nice and easy to read.

All in all a pretty good system but it needs more built in security.

Pros

easy to learn and to set up

Cons

The security features are weak. Too easy for another employee to log in with another persons id. The system tends to bog down when it gets busy. It takes too long to synch when you log in.

Response from talech

Thank you for your feedback, Bruce. I have shared your comments about security and system lag with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

Brian

Worst customer support

Reviewed on 29/5/2021

Software has worked fine. Support - worst I've dealt with. Some reps are helpful, most just want you off the phone.

Pros

Software is relatively simple to use. We're using it for a fast service, and it does quite well.

Cons

The support is HORRIBLE. While they say they offer 24X7 support, pretty much every single call in has been told that it's 48 hours to get any resolution. Anything after hours is pretty much nothing.

Something as simple as opening a seasonal store results in HOURS of getting passed around trying to figure out how to get it working.

Having support cloning a menu between locations resulted in a completely messed up menu, and then we were told oh, nobody here can fix it until Monday. As if being completely down for the entire weekend is acceptable!

With a POS system, it needs to work NOW. Not in 48 hours.

Gerardo

We don't have a record of you calling...

Reviewed on 19/6/2020

Horrible customer service spoke with one person that promised to move it up in priority to tier 2 people and after waiting two days for a call back we called back and they had no record of the call. I lost two days waiting for a solution that no one was aware of. Now I sit and wait again. I do not recommend this service due to their customer service not really being able to resolve something. It must be a call center with prompts on their screen and when they can't resolve it then it goes to someone that actually can help. Wasted several hours trying to figure this out and lost customers and revenue to this problem. I'm going with someone else!

Pros

It looks like from the start that it would be easy to use and everything should connect without an issue and it did at first.

Cons

After a while a break down of the card readers will ruin your day very quickly. If you have a customer that needs a refund you won't be able to do it unless the card reader works. The bluetooth connection drops and there is no solution other than replacement.

Lisa

Talech Review

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

We are a very small business, and the software is perfect for what we need. I like the reports feature, I can go back a year and compare numbers, I can email the reports to the accountant, I can keep track of each of our suppliers and how we are doing with each one.

Pros

Customer support has been super, fas,t efficient. The software is easy to use and set up was great.

Cons

In the beginning we had some super glitches that had even the tech experts stumped. It took a good while to get that all ironed out. Seems to be working fine now, only once in awhile do we find ourselves with a bit of a problem, but Customer Support is always just a phone call away.

Carrie
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Great POS system with top notch customer service support

Reviewed on 24/8/2019

I have been happy with the program and really pleased with the tech support!

I have been happy with the program and really pleased with the tech support!

Pros

When we do have issues with card reader or printers (which are obtained from the credit card processing vendors) it is easy to reach the Talech customer service reps to talk us through the issue and resolve the problems. It keeps up with product inventory levels and gives decent reports.

Cons

Since I am not familiar with any other POS systems I can’t comment on the cons other than it is geared to restaurants and merchandise retail and not necessarily wineries....(thinking it might be nice for it to also monitor our bulk wine products?)

Veronika

Stay Away

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

terrible

terrible

Pros

Quite user-friendly interface. Tech support is there but mostly no helpful

Cons

We worked with Talech for 4 years and our experience is horrible. First of all, card readers break frequently. You should pay for a new one. Not a problem! But a new one works for 2 weeks, and then you'll need to pay for a new one again, send the old one and so on.

We experienced difficulties with charges, and they confirmed that their software didn't work properly. The worst things there were thousands of dollars which were not deposited to our account because of their 'bug'. We accidentally found it out. If you need a safe merchant provider, stay away from Talech.

Deborah

Something Borrowed Review

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

Like the software a lot because it's simple. Some things I'd like to see different is to have the refund button not so easy to hit it accidentally. Then for the online side it would be great to have more subtotaling of receipts by day in order to eliminate the hassle of downloading a report to reconcile with the bank deposits. It also seems to be geared toward restaurants. We are in the rental and floral business. Adding a module for these would be worth an up-charge if it's not too much.

Pros

Cons

lack of reporting See other comment.

Response from talech

Thanks for writing a review and being a customer, Deborah! We're so glad that overall you are pleased with the software. Thanks for sharing product feedback. I've passed this along to our product team. Please continue to let us know what you'd like to see for your business. It's great to hear from you.

Cathy
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Good product, exceptional customer support

Reviewed on 17/11/2016

I'm very happy with my POS program from Talech and I'm not even using it to it's full potential! What I appreciate the most is that when I've had a question or a comment, someone has immediately gotten back with me, or concerning an issue, it was very quickly resolved. I've come to cherish great customer service because it's so hard to find!

Pros

All the options

Cons

I can' think of any since I'm not eve using it to it's full potential. As long as you have tutorials for set up (I assume you do) and keep up great customer support - should be good!

Response from talech

Cathy, we're so glad to hear that you are a happy talech customer! If you would like any assistance digging into additional features, please check out our help page for videos/articles or reach out to our support team. We're here to help!

Edouard Moyal

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Bad software update
You why do you change something that's working and make it more complicated...

Bad software update
You why do you change something that's working and make it more complicated and less friendly I know you have to justify your people salary but not by screwing up what's working

Pros

It's a very good software and very friendly and easy to use there is some small problem then we can correct

Cons

I had no problem with the software before but now since your updated you change the whole face of the program and before you do that you need to find out for what type of business this program is good for or not very bad move for us it's not good

Response from talech

Edouard, thank you for your review and feedback, A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve but has not been able to get a hold of you. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Kelye

Very happy with Talech!

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

Customer service is the best. There are things I wish I could access with Talech, but not yet available. I am told they are working on it. I am very unhappy with my card company Elavon, but haven't switched yet because I need to find someone that will allow my point of sale to be Talech.

Pros

Different ways to inventory and access products.

Cons

I need to have the availability to print reports showing all new inventory added per year.

Response from talech

We're so glad to hear that you're happy with talech, Keyle! Thanks for being a customer and writing a review. I've shared your feedback about inventory reporting with the product team. We'd love to know about the things that you'd like to access but aren't yet available. Please reach out at your convenience and let us know. We'd love to hear from you!

Shaheen

Lux Ave boutique

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

I think this program was for restaurant not retail friendly.then you guys keep up dating and changing the format.once you get use to then then it get change you have to learn all over again.its very easy once you learn it but it get change .if we need technical help we have to leave the message and wait some body to call us back .but no idea when .and if you get a call we may be with our customer can not talk at that time .very frustrating .

Pros

Once you understand how to use its easy .

Cons

Not a retail friendly

Response from talech

We appreciate hearing from you and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues. A member of our product team has reached out by email and phone to learn more. Please reply at your convenience. We are here to help, Shaheen.

Yvette

Love our Talech POS

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

We were using another system in our restaurant that was not very user friendly and the monthly fees were a bit high considering the customer service was terrible. Since switching to Talech about a year ago we couldn't be happier. So easy to try new employees to use this system.

Pros

The fact that adding or deleating menu items is so simple and training new employees to use this POS system is very easy.

Cons

The new updat seems slower. I shut down the iPads over the weekend to see if this helps.

Response from talech

Thanks for being a talech customer and writing a review. We're glad to hear you're happy you chose talech.

Has the system been running more quickly for you after the restart? If not, please let us know and we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot. I went ahead and shared your feedback with the product team. Please continue to share what's working and not. We appreciate the feedback!

Lori
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Beware! Do not waste your money purchasing this device!

Reviewed on 30/1/2023

It was NOT AT ALL a good experience. I have several other POS apparatus. If I have to keep them for backup for Talech then why bother? I have discontinued my Talech. And the initial purchase cost is WAY TOO HIGH! Go elsewhere!!

Pros

Nothing. The only pro was you are assigned a live, local representative that can help you.

Cons

The difficulty of use, the time and complexity of entering client info. The lack of signature. The fee payback process at the beginning of the next month all make balancing , recording and tracking money very difficult. And the POS apparatus rarely worked!