talech

Increase sales and grow your business with talech POS

4 /5 (312 reviews) Write a Review!
3.8
3.7
4.1
John H.

Excellent Platform, Easily Manageable

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

We have been using Talech for about 2 years now to run our Tasting Room attached to our brewery's production area. The overall experience has been very positive, and the platform is excellent for managing the menu list, structure, and for culling information for reporting from a distance.

I myself (the primary managing owner) operate the platform from Omaha, NE. My business is in Washington State, some 1600 miles away. And the ease of use of Talech, the customizability, and the adaptability of the team running the program from the Talech side are splendid.

The only real issues we've had tend to be more related to the specific processor used (we use Elavon), or the local internet connectability.

The reporting available in the system is very powerful, and new little tweaks are coming out on a constant basis to improve the utility of the system for the needs of the small business owner.

Talech support is also available 24/7 on the phone, which is very helpful for businesses like mine that are open late into the evening.

If you have any questions, please let me know - I have now ample experience with the system and would be happy to discuss its qualities.

Pros

Flexible, easy to understand, intuitive, easy to modify, easy to pull reports, manageable from a distance, continuously improving and updating.

Cons

Inability to have a common pool of inventory for different categories to pull from with respect to inventory management; new beta interfaces have splendid reporting capacity but need to become the standard rather than the tested exception.

Response from talech

Thanks for writing such a nice, detailed review, John. We're so glad that talech is working so well for you and your business. I have passed along your feedback, especially regarding inventory management, with the product team. We really appreciate feedback like that! Please continue to share - we love to hear from you!

Brad C.
Industry: Restaurants

Good product for the price

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

Pros

I like how easy it is to customize the interface of the iPad app. I can easily color coordinate sections and subsections, rearrange everything to fit our needs. I also love the online ordering system, we take on average a dozen online orders a day. There are of course things I wish we could change about the system, but overall, it does the job, and does it well!

Cons

Not a fan of the online ordering setup. If I wish to have a product hidden on our online store, it also hides it on our iPad, which does not work too well. The program is also very laggy when you first try to login, takes 5 seconds or so every time - just freezes. Also, if someone tries to tip us with a custom tip amount, sometimes the text box covers up the amount section - and we've had people almost tip us $2,000 multiple times - the box needs to be moved.

Chrsitopher C.
Industry: Sporting Goods

New Interface is Awesome

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

THee introduction of the new interface on the tablet has been fantastic. Talech's support has listened to the customer base and made remarkable changes to enhance the user experience.

the most notable change is the feature that allows you to type without having to idsable the scanner.

Keep up the good work.

Pros

Ease of use even for the non computer or tablet savvy.

Cons

The card reader has bugs and load times can be long. The fact the register screen defaults back to the log in screen can be unproductive in peak times.

Response from talech

Thank you for your feedback and for writing a review, Christopher. I have shared your comments about challenges with the card reader and needing additional inventory stock take functionality with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can work on making improvements. We love hearing from you. Thanks for being a customer.

Jeff F.

Gets better every month

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Right off the back the bang for the buck was impressive.

I run multi stores and the registers have been doable, but not impressive. There needs to be communication between each store on every customer added to the database. For example, if I add Joe's info in one store and he goes to another, he has to add his info in again. If there is a credit on his account, it is only use able at one store.
I really appreciate being able to check all my numbers from home and upload new product, but without the ipad, I am unable to see how the menu actually looks in the store. It would be nice to be able to pull up the menu and adjust it on the computer instead of having to do it at each store (I don't have an ipad at home to pull up the stores).
Talent does a great job at customer service and continually updating their product. I am satisfied with this product and am confident it will continue to improve.

Pros

Continually getting better

Cons

Multi store use and options

Response from talech

Thank you for being a customer and sharing your feedback, Jeff. I have shared your feedback regarding multi-store functionality. If there is anything else that we can do to help your business, please let us know. We're here to help!

Katie C.

Mixed Satisfaction

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

The updates kill me. We are a bunch of older women running a non-profit store. For the most part, we catch on. But just as we're learning the system, an update hits and everything goes crazy for a while. Mistakes are made that we can't "unmake" and there is no going back once you "close the shift" and happen to do it wrong. For us, there should be a "double check" or "are you sure" option involved. But we hope our bookkeeper can sort it out well enough to figure out our taxes. There is zero notification that an update is coming and we've been caught off guard several times. Candidly, I have two sons that are of GREAT assistance to us older folk who are slightly intimidated by unscheduled updates.

Pros

I do like the ease of use - once learned.

Cons

It's probably an amazing system for younglings, but not so amazing to wrangle once you get older and are not used to the application.

Response from talech

Thanks for writing a review and providing feedback, Katie. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Yvette Z.

Love our Talech POS

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

We were using another system in our restaurant that was not very user friendly and the monthly fees were a bit high considering the customer service was terrible. Since switching to Talech about a year ago we couldn't be happier. So easy to try new employees to use this system.

Pros

The fact that adding or deleating menu items is so simple and training new employees to use this POS system is very easy.

Cons

The new updat seems slower. I shut down the iPads over the weekend to see if this helps.

Response from talech

Thanks for being a talech customer and writing a review. We're glad to hear you're happy you chose talech.

Has the system been running more quickly for you after the restart? If not, please let us know and we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot. I went ahead and shared your feedback with the product team. Please continue to share what's working and not. We appreciate the feedback!

Jerry H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

As a first-time business owner, I wouldn't have been able to do it without Talech.

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

A little over 2 years ago I decided to open a business, but decided to give myself a little extra challenge to accompany the decision- I wanted to open and be operational in 3 months, made more challenging since I was still employed full time.

I found Talech after some research, and it was truly great to have such a professional product and company from the get-go. Since I was learning as I went, it needed to be simple enough for me to use, give me the information I needed to understand, and be able to adapt as I grew as well.

Talech has been all those things, and I highly recommend their services.

Pros

Very easy to learn and to use.

Response from talech

Jerry, we're so glad to hear that you are still happy about your choice after 2 years. If there is anything we can help you with, please let us know. Thanks for being a talech customer!

Tenzing N.

Simply Simple!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

I started my business in Oct 2015 and Talech has been part of my small business. Being a start up there are always issues and problems coming up and Talech and Talech supports staff are always a click away and they even do follow ups. I'm sure I've racked up pretty high on call-ins for issues. Again, simply simple for anyone to use and with Talech Support staff that's one less headache I have to worry about.

Business
Tibet Corner
Family owned Tibetan and Indian restaurant

Pros

Easy to use and learn and reports are awesome!!!

Cons

I wish the software was available on iPhones!!!!! And additional devices are free/cheaper

Response from talech

We're so thrilled to have you and Tibet Corner as a customer, Tenzing. Thank you for the review and for letting what you like and what you'd like to see. We've let the product team know about your request.

Kelli W.

Ice cream parlor

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Ordered Talech for my ice cream parlor and in the shop it works fine. Back office capabilities are lacking. I cannot seem to easily grab the reports that are important to me but am usually able to piece things together to get what I need. Best of luck if your credit card machine goes down. You just don't know who to call.

Pros

Cons

Reporting capabilities

Response from talech

Thanks for the review and feedback, Kelli. I have shared your feedback about back office features and reporting not being robust enough for you. We apologize for the recent processing outages. If you cannot get a hold of your processor, please reach out to us and we can help direct you to the right place.

Please continue to share thoughts with us. Thank you for being a talech customer.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Kathy C.

Confident with talech

Reviewed on 18/11/2016

Our overall experience with talech has been good. Some features like inventory or stock take don't work well for us but with the latest update the changes have been great and have given us even more capability at the table for our customers. They gave us a lot of changes that we asked for and even beyond. It making running our business a whole lot easier.

Pros

Relatively easy to use

Cons

Need a fully functioning monthly inventory system that will make our account happy

Response from talech

Kathy, thanks for your feedback and writing a review. We're glad to hear that the latest update is working well for you. I will let the team know about your feedback on inventory management and stock take. It's great to hear your thoughts! Please continue to share.

Yvonne F.
Industry: Restaurants

Problems with card readers.

Reviewed on 5/6/2019

It’s been ok but wonder if there is better stuff out there.

Pros

Overall it’s easy to use the system.
I have nothing else to say

Cons

Concerned about security with ease of employees to take advantage of stealing.
Also we recently got new card readers and have had nothing but problems, and we are in our busy time of the year, and it slows everything down and we will loose customers!

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Genta I.

we sutisfied to use Talech

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Had an experience issue with CC process. but always support desk answered an questions and helped. our store is 3hours different with main land but alleays helped even weekend!

Pros

easy to manage revenue and order and employee time. also can manage from website.

Cons

it is little bit difficult to use an inventory

Response from talech

Thank you for your review and being a customer, Genta. I've passed your feedback to the product team re: inventory management and reporting. Please continue to share thoughts with us - we love hearing from customers like you!

Clayton S.

Bar and Grill Owner and Operator

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

It's pretty streamline but the issues that are very concerning are the consistent outages and updates that require constant training. Card Processing Fees are not very competitive.

Pros

Speed, windows system

Cons

The constant outages and dependency on WiFi

Response from talech

Thank you for sharing feedback, Clayton. Apologies for the recent processing outages which we know are an inconvenience. We're happy to help facilitate a conversation with your processor regarding the outages and fees if you'd like.

We'd be happy to help you navigate the new product update so you can run your business easily. Please reach out to our support team at your convenience. We're here for you. Thank you for being a customer.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Nathan K.

Glad we partnered with Talech

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

We have been using Talech since we opened and it has helped us focus on our business. Very easy to use and the ability to generate reports with a click of the mouse has helped us gain valuable insight into important decisions that needed to be made. The time clock function has also saved us countless hours of payroll book keeping.

Pros

Easy to use and updates occur frequently.

Response from talech

Nathan, we're so glad that you chose talech when you opened and that you're a happy customer years later. We appreciate your business and thank you for the review!

Alex S.
Industry: Food Production

Simple Functionality with great customer service

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

I have been using talech for a couple years now haven could not be happier. The POS is simple and easy to use. Likewise the customer service is great, whenever I have a problem they are always available to talk and run me though fixing the problem.

Pros

The simplicity and the ability to check all the data collected on the register

Cons

Currently none that I can think of

Response from talech

Alex, we're so glad to hear that you are a happy customer and that talech is working well for you. Thank you for being a customer and writing a review!

Teri P.

Register with Talech

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

one of the easiest register programs to use. Customer service is excellent and great value for any small business.

Pros

Easy of use.

Cons

Sometimes too many steps to go thru to get to checkout

Response from talech

Thanks for writing a review and sharing feedback, Teri. We're so glad that you're happy with the product and customer service.

I shared your feedback regarding checkout with the product team. Please continue to share thoughts with us. We love to hear from you. Thank you for being a talech customer.

Dominic G.
Industry: Events Services

Really good. Very easy to use

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Very easy to learn and use. Reports are easy to read. I would recommend it to any business. I like how you can go back to look at any transaction.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Wish it could talk to my online sales

Response from talech

Thanks for being a talech customer and writing us a review, Dominic. We're so glad you've been happy with ease of use and the reporting capabilities.

We can integrate talech with some ecommerce sites. We'd love to see if we can integrate with yours. I'll have someone reach out! Or feel free to reach out to us at your convenience.

Amy W.

Not happy with update

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

The 4.0 update is horrible!! Not user friendly at all. Settings that were avalible are now not. Staff can not find orders as easy as they could. To many screens for staff to choose from. Program used to be very very easy. New staff and non technology efficient staff could use older versions with ease. The new update is hard to follow and staff keeps losing place and orders. Looking at other pos system. To many issue lately with software and other things with TALECH. Ive told many people to go with this product before this later update. I wish I would not have. Im losing my trustabilty with colleagues.

Pros

Older versions were wonderful. Easy to use, easy for people who didnt know much about technology to use. Easy to find what the staff needed or orders

Cons

New version is aweful. To many screens, to many buttons, buttons and options that were there are now not, easy to change orders you dont need to be in.

Response from talech

Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback about the recent update. We're so sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the updated app. We'd love to connect to hear more about what's not working and how we can help. Our Head of Product has reached out and would love to chat with you personally. And as always our support team is here to help. Either way, we'd love to hear from you and help make things work the way you want.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jerri R.
Industry: Retail

Great System, needs a couple changes

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

I absolutely LOVE talech! I am retail, not restaurant, and tags are un-readable from hook/tag, way too small. I have sent an email with pictures, but no response. If more retail stores decide to use you, this is a must. Since the new update, I am having scanning issues, which, they say they are working on it. Besides these two issues, the system is really easy to use, do not have many software issues and the system hardly ever unable to use.

Pros

Easy to Use

Cons

Should not have to pay an extra charge to use an inventory feature. If it is a business there is inventory, so without paying extra, inventory is an extra challenge.

Response from talech

Thanks for writing a positive review and providing feedback, Jerri. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help with your scanning issues and tags. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Steven W.
Industry: Entertainment

Happy with Talech

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Not being familiar with ios I was apprehensive about using Talech on an ipad for our POS system. It's actually been a really good choice. Staff has adapted quickly. Easy interface, a short learning curve for all users. Not going anywhere we're sticking with this one.

Pros

Short Learning Curve

Cons

have to learn your way around ios

Response from talech

Thank you for being a talech customer and writing a review, Steven. We're so happy to hear that it's been a good solution and easy transition for you and your team. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. We are here for you!

Denise C.

talech Review

Reviewed on 8/9/2019

Talech has made it ten times easier to track inventory...that was our number one time killer.

Pros

Its very user friendly. Super easy to set up and all I had to do was send them a spreadsheet and they entered most of my info for me.

Cons

When in talech.com I wish there were more custom reports.

Rachel N.

Talech Review

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Talech covers most of the bases for us. We would love for their to be an invoice feature for our net 30 customers though.

Pros

Great for walkin orders

Cons

Inability to invoice Net 30 customers, returns are not easy to preform

Response from talech

Rachel, thanks for your review and product feedback. I've shared with the team so they are aware. Please continue to share requests and feedback with us so we can work on improving the product for you and your business. Thanks for being a talech customer!

Madonna W.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Talech is so easy and accurate!

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

Restaurant POS
We change our specials daily and it takes seconds to update the POS with sales info, modifiers, categories, inventory, and cost info.
Timesheets are also accurate and easy to use for QB payroll.
Breaks it all down so my monthly reporting is a breeze.

Pros

Accurate and easy to use

Cons

Reporting could be better at ipad level.

Response from talech

Madonna, thanks for being a talech customer and writing a positive review. We're glad that the software is working so well for you. We'd love if you could share more about what reporting you'd like to see at the iPad level - we're always looking to make the product work better for your business. Thanks!

Blake M.

Bar & resturant

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

The system is very fast moble and runs smooth. The main feature that benefits my bar and resturant is the tab sharing feature on multiple registers. The one function that could be improved is the way to start a tab. Swiping a card into the system to start a tab instead of typing their name would greatly improve the speed and convenience for the employee.

Pros

The processing and mobility

Cons

The ease of starting a tab for the customer

Response from talech

Thanks for your review and feedback, Blake. I've shared your feedback about tabs with the product team. Please continue to share feedback with us. We love to hear from you. Thank you for being a customer!

Randy H.

Difficult system to implement

Reviewed on 27/6/2017

Pros

I like that the system is customizable and the reports are easily accessible from home or any tablet.

Cons

Customer support is hard to reach and the program is missing features that restaurants need and it takes too much time for them to be implemented. And every time there is a system update, some other part of the system fails