talech

Increase sales and grow your business with talech POS

4 /5 (313 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
Cindy H.

Love it

Reviewed on 13/9/2019

Pros

Easy to use many choices to choose from equipment wise and their support is amazing well worth it

Cons

Really I don't have an it's easy to use and any questions I had technical support answered them

Mary ann Q.
  • Industry: Food Production

I'm considering switching to a different POS system

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

At first, we all loved our new Talech POS. It is very easy to use and train new hires on. Then all these updates rolled in and some of the features didn't work for us. First, employees were able to print out their daily time sheet that included their sales for the day. This was not a good thing for our company, because we work as a team and we have people on the sales floor making the sales and then people processing orders at the end of the day. Of course, processors would seem like they made the most money that day. I have tried to get this changed, but was told it couldn't happen in the near future, but it was noted. Then, we experienced some glitches in the discount button. last week, we tried to apply a 10% discount, and it would register as giving a discount in the $1000's. This was really frustrating and I haven't had a chance yet to call tech support. Shortly there after on a busy Thursday, we were unable to process credit cards because that option was down in the system. Luckily, we had an analog credit card machine that we were able to use. I tried calling tech support for 4 hours, and couldn't get through. We had to wait to process orders until the next day when the system was up and running again. Another thing we have issues with is finding tickets to reference an open order. Apparently, it purges from the system after 3 months and we have to call tech support to retrieve it. There are a few other issues that I have that I am unable to articulate right now, but that is the bulk of my frustration with the program. Please take these responses into consideration. Having my concerns addressed and fixed would be amazing as I love this program and I want it to succeed so that my business can succeed as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my review. Please contact me to discuss further.

Pros

That it is cloud based and we use apple ipads

Cons

It is glitchy at times, the time sheet with individual employee sales needs to go.
Purging 3 month old tickets and we can't find them unless we call tech support.

Response from talech

Thanks for sharing the feedback and chatting with us about your experience. We are checking on some features and will get back to you soon.

Christopher Z.

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

The new house account stuff seems to be a benefit for someone like me. I let folks run a tab. The software has gone down on me a few times during a shift and Talech just asks you to be patient. The lack of knowledge from the help desk is frustrating.

Pros

Easy to navigate, fairly straight forward.

Cons

If there is an issue, it all goes down and customer service is not helpful usually. I have had to call other IT people in to get us up and running because help desk usually can't or they take an hour for a one button fix to a problem.

Kate W.

Marty's Restaurant & Retail Operational Review of Talech POS System

Reviewed on 31/8/2019

We have only solved the items under Pros. although talech systems also begins to make it easier for us to do at least retail inventory easier to determine.
However, dealing with a customer service staff who are really only there to get us off the phone as quickly as possible while attempting to fix a specific problem is frustrating. More often than not, they are not given the time to sufficiently understand the problem or issue or don't really care, and more often than not, we get instructions to go to online help, with not even what specific topic we're supposed to look under. Time and time again, when I've asked for help to create reports I want, there is not only a misconnect in understanding (my tech language is not very good) but most of the responses I have gotten in the past year is that work on the reporting features are not a priority and therefore will not be addressed in any determinable near future.
We got Talech to grow our business. While it has helped it has also been a disappointment as it is not as user friendly as we thought. And the ability of customer service to understand and help us resolve the issues we have, while lately much better on very specific items, has on more complex issues on a admin level been very disappointing. Talech customer service is good about adding techy and trendy additional features but not so good at organizing the information to manage the actual administrative business needs of business owners & managers.

Pros

1. Makes it easy for customers to check out faster
2. Makes it easy for servers to send menu tickets to the kitchen

Cons

1. Reporting features. The totals in each categories (retail, or restaurant) are never totaled. Bank settlement totals for different forms of payments, etc., are the only totals there are except Dine In, and To Go, tips, and gratuity.
We got the POS system so we could get reports on costs, profitability, in each category both in beverages (wine, draft beers and food (per menu items- quantities of items sold within each category also) and current inventory in each category, per selected periods of time. I find that we have to basically create our own templates in Excel, download the period of time we are reviewing, and copying the categories & items to our exel templates which then subtotals the categories we want to see to determine how we are doing in each category or with any particular item within the categories.

Bernie H.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Talech POS

Reviewed on 26/3/2019

Talech works great for us at our retail store. We have many SKUs and building the product list was very taunting but I imagine that it would have been on most software platforms with the large number of products we carry. Once it is up and running it performs very well and provides some reporting, there could be more, but whats here is useful. Tier 1 tech support has not been very useful with a lot of my issues but once you get to Tier 2 its much better. Overall this is a great software with a nice interface. If you need a POS definitely give Talech a look.

Pros

The interface on this software is very nice at the register. While it seems to be designed for restaurants it can be easily transitioned into retail very easily. It is easy to navigate and has a great flow that can be taught very easily to new employees.

Cons

Can be buggy at times on the web interface. Since you are relying on web browsers there are many factors that can cause the software to act strangely at times. Also I wish there was better integration with QuickBooks.

Norma R.

Cheapseats need to approve

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Hi I love the software its ease of use there are only 2 issues I have #1 that employees can delete and avoid easily and shouldn't be able to so lets say they put the order in they can slide the item over and delete/void with pass code employees shouldn't be able to delete/void ever unless they have the owners pass code..when we cant run credit cards its takes forever for your company to fix it you need a back up system ....Sat Oct 30 your system was down for like 3 hours ouch that hurts my restaurant :( get generator or something. I got to say your employees are GREAT!!! I BOW TO THEM they are nice, courteous on top of everything. So, so understanding I got to admit I have called maybe twice and I was a poop :( but your employees handle it well your are lucky to have such an awesome crew keep it up. I worked in customer escalation dept so I know how it is your bless I love you folks .... thank you for asking for my feedback I appreciate. Have a great day.

Pros

The ease of it so easy to use and understand.

Cons

It allows anyone to delete/void a product if the slide the item over so I know I have gotten lost dollars for it the system needs to require the owner pass code for this to avoid employees stealing from me.

Response from talech

Thank you for the review and feedback, Norma. We're glad to hear that you love the software. Thanks for letting us know about the 2 issues you've had - I've passed along your feedback to the team so we can continue to improve. Please continue to share with us - we love hearing from you!

Beth K.

The 3 Weird Sisters

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

I feel overall the customer service is lacking. When a recording says "we are sorry for the long hold", that tells me you are not only aware of the problem but doing little to fix it. I have to schedule a call to get simple answers asked to be told they will have to look into and get back to me. I am usually not available to receive that call when and if it comes because I'm either not at work, driving or at home with my children at that point. It takes far too long to get simple issues resolved with this company . customer service has improved since I first started with them by way of polite people getting questions answered seems to take three times as long now. and when I do get a wrap to walk me through and show me what I need to do it often doesn't work like it should even after they've checked all the settings and they have to go back to the design and again no resolution on my end

Pros

The cloud storage

Cons

Can not reach help when needed and I feel like I get a runaround

Response from talech

Thanks for being a customer and writing a review, Beth. I am sorry to hear that support has been difficult to reach and that the hold times have been so long. I've passed along your feedback to the support team so they can continue to work make improvements. Thanks for being candid and letting us know.

James R.
  • Industry: Sports

Overall pretty decent

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Talech does what we need it to do for the most part. Price-wise, nothing else even comes close, but it lacks some really basic features that can be extremely annoying - such as partial (percentage) refunds - for example, a restocking fee.

Also, there are some long-term SIMPLE glitches that have never been figured ou,t such as the tallying of employee hours. How is that still wrong? Isn't it as simple as (hourly wage x hours worked)?

Another thing- selling a "custom item" doesn't include cost, but the item doesn't just appear out of nowhere. We sell lots of custom items, and it's very difficult to find them at the end of the year and give them all a cost. Everything must be exported to excel and then filtered out.

Sometimes it seems like we are the only ones using Talech. Customer support really has been great. They are always easy to get a hold of, and are very friendly. However, they often seem stumped by these basic quandaries.

Pros

Ease of use for admin and every day user.

Cons

All listed on previous page.

Response from talech

Hi James, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review so we know what works and what could be better. We also appreciate you taking the time to speak with us via phone to share more detail. We love hearing from you - please continue to share.

Barney D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Love talech as a possible option.

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

The only issue I have is this.
This passed sat night was our Halloween bash at my bar. At 215 am. Our pos system wouldn't allow us to run credit cards. I called talech customer support and got absolutely no answer. I actually was on hold twice for 20 min.
Finally I had to ask our customers to pull money from the atm.....reimburse them the fee from the atm, and let them pay in cash.

Also, if our Internet goes down we have no way to pull up tabs. It would be nice if there was some feature that holds the tabs in the pos system for that nights business just in case something happens.
I don't want to spend money on anether source of Internet because there was a hicup in the Internet providers service.
If it would store tabs for a couple days until they are settled and submitted it would be awesome.
I will say that normally the support is on point and fast. But when we needed it the most it wasn't there at all. A message on the support line saying you guys were having issues and would be repaired soon would have been nice.

Pros

Relatively easy to use.

Cons

Could be more flexible and customer support status messages would be nice when something goes wrong on your end.

Response from talech

Barney, thank you for being a customer and for the review. We apologize about the recent outage on the processor side and the inconvenience it caused you, your employees, and your customers. I've shared your feedback with the product team and we will continue to work on offline mode improvements. Please keep the feedback coming - we really appreciate it!

Marco C.

El Gordo Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

After searching for weeks for a pos system for our restaurant, we came across a new app and system, Talech. We were getting quotes from 15k-20k for traditional pos system. When a US Bank representative told us it would cost less than 5k, we were intrigued. We sat down, she gave us an overview of the app and its components. Right away we were hooked. With the ease of us, easy installation, and price, we would be foolish to go with any other pos company. We got bluetooth printers, wiring and set up was a breeze. And this is coming from a person who in not good with technology and i was able to install it all. If you can read you can set up the whole system. Weve been working with talech for 3 years now and it continues to make changes to the app that makes it more efficient to provide a good customer experience. We are glad to continue working with Talech.

Pros

Cost

Cons

2 outages, one from the app and one from evalon credit card processor.

Response from talech

Marco, thank you so much for being a talech customer and writing such a lovely review! We are so glad to hear that you are happy about choosing talech even after 3+ years. If there is anything we can do for you, let us know. We're here to help!

Richard T.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Caret Cellars Uses talech

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Overall a very good POS system with some excellent analytics built-in. A little heavily oriented to the food service industry which puts in some unnecessary steps for others, e.g., cash drawer management function. Wish analytics - as good as they are - were customizable. Like the new Dashboard feature, though.

Pros

Rather straight forward. Takes little training to get someone ready to use it. But still has some sophisticated capabilities.

Cons

Cost. Nice if it ran on other than iOS. Contributes to cost concerns. Heavy orientation toward food service industry. Wish features were a little more customizable to other industries. (We use it in a winery tasting room.)

Response from talech

Thanks for being a customer and writing a candid review, Richard! I've passed along your feedback to the product team so they know what would help talech work better for your business. Please continue to share with us! We love hearing from you and are here to help.

Lisa H.

Talech Review

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

We are a very small business, and the software is perfect for what we need. I like the reports feature, I can go back a year and compare numbers, I can email the reports to the accountant, I can keep track of each of our suppliers and how we are doing with each one.

Pros

Customer support has been super, fas,t efficient. The software is easy to use and set up was great.

Cons

In the beginning we had some super glitches that had even the tech experts stumped. It took a good while to get that all ironed out. Seems to be working fine now, only once in awhile do we find ourselves with a bit of a problem, but Customer Support is always just a phone call away.

Jason K.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Very stressful.

Reviewed on 1/2/2020

The register fails regularly and randomly will not print receipts or open the cash drawer.

Pros

I chose this software as it integrates sales and inventory tracking. When it works it is brilliant unfortunately it fails regularly.

Cons

I have had this system operational for approximately one year, at this point we’ve got about 16 to 18 hours troubleshooting on the phone. Plus countless more hours of trying to figure out how to make it work on our own when it fails. It will suddenly not take a credit card payment, it has never done a return for us even while on the phone with support trying to make it happen, suddenly the cash drawer won’t open, or it won’t print receipts. We end up trying to reboot the machine turning things off turning things back on disconnecting reconnecting sometimes after two or three tries it works also there’s a couple of different methods that we have made notes on, we spend far too much time trying to keep this thing going.They have totally dropped the ball on me as a client. Their support technicians are excellent and are doing their very best but they don’t know have much to work with. I’ve had to send countless clients to the bank machine, or send them away with a promise to come back and pay another time, we are a small business and can’t afford to do this, some people just don’t get around to coming back. I’ve been trying for a full week to talk to an actual upper level representative of the company to try to figure out if we can solve this or I need to toss the whole system out and go with another company. They just can’t be bothered to make a real effort to get in touch with me. I provided them my direct phone number & have not received a call back.
Be wary!!

Roger D.

Very good program

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Works well and new features are added frequently. The interface with the credit card reader is sometimes an issue, and I am not sure if that is a ipad issue, the reader issue or and issue with Talech. Periodically the program will not connect to the card reader or gets stuck in a loop. Having to back out of the charge and sometimes the program itself and restart it. That usually clears up the issue. It would be great if this bug could be addressed as when you are busy it adds stress to the day. Customer service has always been very helpful.

Pros

Ease of programming and ease of use

Cons

No gift card availabilty and the previously mentioned credit card issue.

Response from talech

Roger, thanks so much for the review and feedback. I have passed along your recent challenges with the product team. Please continue to share thoughts with us. We love hearing from you!

Josh B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great cloud based POS at a great price

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

For most small businesses that can't afford an expensive POS, Talech is a great option. Easy to use and easy to set up. Great tech support that is included in the price. The product team is always producing great updates with the feedback of their customers. If you are searching through the multitude of options for POS nowadays, give Talech a serious look, you will not be disappointed.

Pros

Ease of use, consistent updates and improvements, great tech support

Cons

Compatibility with hardware is limited. You only have a couple options for printers and card readers. However, the hardware you can use is high quality.

Response from talech

Thanks for your review and feedback, Josh. I have let the product and operations team about your thoughts on hardware. Please continue to share your thoughts with us. Thanks for being a talech customer!

Brenda H.

American Pie Pizzeria

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Overall the software is good. I wish you could get same info online as you get from actual IPads. My experience with customer service has not been stellar.

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Information given on website is good but does not include everything.

Cons

Cannot get same info at website as you can get from actual terminal.

Response from talech

Thanks for the review and feedback, Brenda. I have passed along your feedback to the product team regarding information being available both on iPad and the web. Could you share more about what data or reporting you'd like to see on both? It would be great to know more.

Please continue to share what you love and what you'd like to see more of. We appreciate feedback! Thanks for being a talech customer!

Chris P.

LEAF's 2 cents

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Talech is an innovative and great product. The fact that they are constantly making updates and changes to better serve their clients is what makes it really nice. The customer service is always polite and informative. I have worked with this product for a year now and I have had a overall great experience.

Pros

I like the ever changing aspect. The fact that I can give feedback and they will take it into account is wonderful.

Cons

I think the only thing I do not like is that there are some features that older inventory systems have that telech is still working on.

Response from talech

Thanks for the review and for being a talech customer, Chris. We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with product and customer service. Please continue to share feedback with us so we can continue to improve. We love hearing from you!

Amy G.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Best POS system we've used so far

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Works well in our fast paced business, much better than the last 'Cloud Based System' we had in place, offers new features on regular basis, customer service is usually helpful unless it's something they have no control over such as internet connection. Overall a good system.

Pros

Offers and updates us on new features, able to track employee stats and hours, fairly easy to create new menu items, compatible with competitive processing companies, generates reports based on desired timeline or time range

Cons

Expensive

Response from talech

Thank you for being a customer and writing a review, Amy. We are so glad that talech is working well for you. If there is anything else you'd like to see for your business, please let us know. We love to hear from you.

Sarah J.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

I would recommend Talech to any restaurant that needs a budget friendly pos system. We looked at many options before deciding to go with Talech and have never regreted that decision. The updates are always amazing and tech support is spot on. The ease of use of the program is incredible, if you can navigate an iPad then you can use Talech.

Pros

So easy to use. The updates are so timely.

Cons

No complaints

Response from talech

We're so glad to hear that you're happy with your choice, Sarah. Thanks for the review and being a talech customer!

Theron M.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Overall good value needs more options, especially non itemized discounts.

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Customer service has always been good. Features and options are constantly growing but more are still needed. The ability to discount a receipt a dollar amount without itemizing it is something that really needs to be added.

Pros

The cloud is great as long as it can be maintained 99.9% of the time

Cons

The cloud can crash. Also, more options still need to be added.

Response from talech

Theron, thank you for your review and feedback. A member of our product team has reached out to learn more and see how we can help and improve but has not been able to get a hold of you. Please respond at your convenience. Thanks in advance for speaking with us!

Asif A.
  • Industry: Printing

Talech works for us.

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

We choose Talech over other POS systems because it integrates with our merchant processing service with Elavon/Us Bank seamlessly. It is a bit more expensive compare to other POS systems we were considering.

Pros

Ease of use. The interface for programming is very user friendly.

Cons

Some reports are not as accessible on the tablet. Option to create a user option that can print reports only without having full Admin controls.

Response from talech

Thanks for the review and feedback, Asif. I've passed along your feedback to the product team. Please don't hesitate to reach out with other thoughts. We appreciate hearing from you! Thank you for being a customer.

Karen E.

MEH..............

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Disappointed in reporting, not enough detail. reports show discounting but does not separate Loyalty Program discounts from other discounts although reports show line items for each all discounts show up as discounts. There are a few other items but don't have time right now.

Pros

price

Cons

reporting

Response from talech

We appreciate hearing from you, Karen. We are sorry to hear talech is not working the way you need it to. A member of our product team has reached out to set up a time to chat and learn more. Please reply at your convenience. We'd love to help!

Kevin A.

Kevin Auernig review of Talech

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

I have been a customer of Talech since 2013 when I had one store. Now I have 10! They have grown with my company and have been so accommodating along the way!

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service

Cons

That I can't use First Data with their gift cards.

Response from talech

Kevin - we appreciate having Sodalicious as such a long-time and loyal customer. It's been great working with you and getting helpful feedback so we can continue to improve the product. Please continue to share! We love hearing from you.

Isaac C.

Experienced Talech User

Reviewed on 3/11/2016

This is a great software for restaurants and retail stores. We customize it for our grooming salon, and it works very well. Very easy to log on and view receipts and revenue history and keep track of inventory.

Pros

Very user-friendly

Cons

-may freeze the ipad sometimes. Just reboot the ipad.
-1/20 credit card through slider may not work sometimes, have to disconnect n reconnect.
Minimal issues. No big deal.

Very functional, great backend reporting, quite user friendly

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

Pros

Ease of use is it's strong point for sure! I've trained a volunteer to use it in a matter of minutes. It really takes the feel of a standard cash register, compatible with all sorts of Bluetooth devices for card readers, scanners, and printers. Looking up previous sales and daily totals by various segmented data is great, no needing to log into a separate program or computer interface.

Cons

It can be a little bit of a pain when trying to work with both a keyboard and a Bluetooth device, or if you are using multiple terminals close to one another. I also dislike the open order feature, it defaults to saving any order you've started prior and just lists them for days.