8,492 reviews

Canva

Graphic-design tool for web & print media

4.7 /5 (8492 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
Michelle S.
Industry: Music

Go Pro With Canva

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

My overall experience with Canva has been excellent. I can create social marketing campaigns, post to social media, and with the features they offer through Canva Pro, I can integrate my team and get everyone on the same page.

Pros

The best part of Canva is all the available features they have for both free and paid plans. They are easy to use and you don't have to be a graphic design artist to create something amazing! The impact they've had on my business has been huge.

Cons

I feel like they could be better organization within the software itself. For example, better ways to organize uploaded pictures/videos etc. I also feel like the customer service could be a little more friendly and timely.

Liezl J.
Industry: Design

Best product in years!

Reviewed on 4/12/2020

FABULOUS! Love it! From day one, could hug it. Its easy to sign up, easy to use, easy to store and easy to access my business logos, colours etc. it has remarkable features, options, and works quickly - no big time lags.

Canva has saved me years of time and frustration. It honestly is the best thing since sliced bread. My favourite and top rated software application - for everyone!

The options to make simple animated or short videos without costing an arm and a leg has been the star power cherry on top!

Pros

Canva is my new best friend!! Its the most useful, designer friendly, user friendly, time saving product I've used in years! It offers phenomenal features that are easy to use. I often choose to use Canva over my high-end photo editing and design software that is 8x the cost!

I use it almost daily for social posts, web design pictures, logos, documents, posters and sale notices.
I spent years learning how to use high end design software, and can spend hours getting something right. On Canva I can get the job done in half an hour and get on with my life! Its WONDERFUL!

The sizing guidelines have saved me 10 000 grey hairs (I've spent the last few years trying to keep up with social media changes and recommended sizing that hardly ever displays correctky and ruins the work done).

The resizing options allows me to perfect designs for multiple outlets - quickly!

I cannot recommend Canva highly enough. Aside from my Accounting software - this product tops my list and will be the very last item to go in a costs cutting endeavour. It saves me oodles and oodles of time to get designs done - well, and get on with my business.

The new invite a team mate option is going to be useful!

Cons

The background remover sometimes fails or stalls -totally understandable with so much going on that needs to happen - but it is a little frustrating.

Also, the new background brush (to put back or refine the removing background edit) is a wonderful option - but isn't as easy to access if you want to go back. You get one chance and that's it. Again, totally understandable, its probably beta - and very cool. So grateful all the same as you work on it.

Sometimes the elements colours cant be changed. E.g. a yellow star sprinkle can't be made purple to match a palette. A filter can be applied but thats about it.

I've discovered that the access to photo search is MUCH better from within the design creation field. If you search pendulum on the platform you get maybe 5 photos. If you search for photos from within the design process there are are hundreds! Its much easier to search on the big screen than in a dropdown - so if you could make the design algorithms available on the photos search page it would rock!

Company size: Self Employed

Fantastic all-in-one graphic design application

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Canva helps me to really easily create graphics for my social media accounts in a time efficient and seemless way. Without canva I simply wouldn't be where I am today with the ability to create high quality designs that really stand out

Pros

Canva has a wide array of templates that are brilliant to get to grips with graphic design. This makes it a fanastic web application for complete begginers.

Also, I love how canva has features that integrate with stock photo sites such as pexels. This means that I on't have to download stock photos to my computer for usage in my designs and then upload them.

The ability to have multiple pages in the same canva document is also a very useful feature. It means that I can create multiple designs and templats all in the same place without having to switch documents

Finally, I find that the the ability to search for various assets and also sort them in to folders is great. This helps with keeping everything organised and making them easy to locate.

Cons

I sometimes find canva can be quite slow when you have lots of pages in the same document or have a wide variety of elements within your document. This can be frustrating at times, but it is a very rare occurance.

Also, the background removal feature is often pretty poor for complex images (but, don't get me wrong it is fantastic for simple images due to its speed and ease of use). So, it'd definitley be useful to have a tool where you can roughly outline what parts of the image you want to select before going to remove the background rather than after it.

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Canva for engineering students

Reviewed on 31/7/2020

Canva is a best website for any one who willing to do any kind of designing work without knowing or having any kind of skills about creating beautiful creation. It helps you it guide you and it give the ideas for you to done your creation in very attractive design.I am highly recommend this website for any one to try this out.

Pros

As an engineering student, I have to do many presentations for my academic activities. Therefore I used to use same presentation template to create my every presentation and it became very boring after using several times. Therefore I need to use different templets to create my presentations and I had to use many softwares to create my own template. It is very time conseuming process to develop a new preentation templates there for I started for looking new for that. And thats how I met The Canva. First thing that I choose Canva because It has a very attractive web site. That is the first thing that moves me to the Canva.Canva web page is very user friendly to use even for a beginer. guide me to fullfill my needs. It has very beautiful templates not only for presentations it has many beautiful designs for any work which you are looking.I mainly use this to create my presentations in many beautiful desings and after every presentation my batch mates and teachers start to geting ask how I created such a beautiful presentation. Now they are all using Canva to done their desings. Canva is very good website to anyone who need to done a desing work without having any desining knowledge. It also help me to done my CV in very attractive desing and after that every one wants to make their CV like my one. You can create you'r own desings with help of Canva without using any templates.

Cons

Actually there is nothing that I don't like in Canva. It is very optimized designing website. But It restrict many good options and you have to pay to have these options. I like to use some of these options in free package. It will give some much more space to the creator or user to work with the Canva. It need to buy pro version of Canva to download high quality file of my design. I prefer high quality download feature must be free because lot of people come for Canva to do their designs easily and free. So i like to have free high quality file download.

Lidia F.
Company size: Self Employed

I use it for everything!

Reviewed on 7/8/2020

I have nothing but excellent things to say about Canva. I am a teacher and I also do some freelance marketing work for a few restaurants. I use this program for both. I have used it to make my own graphics and designs for multiple startups and it has saved me thousands on having to hire someone. I love that you can print directly from their site so everything is all in one place and the quality of the prints is excellent. Not to mention the packaging is delightful! They are doing an awesome job, and I recommend them at every chance I get.

Pros

This product is so easy to use and because it's online I can pull my projects up from any computer or mobile device. It is so generous in the amount of design elements it allows and they continuously keep up with trends making designing so much easier for me.

Cons

It has so many choices that sometimes I get stuck trying to decide. I think its a great problem to have and I hope they will not change! But, sometimes I spend hours choosing between their awesome fonts. They have so many choices that I have to go in with a strategy. I give myself three minutes to pick a font, or an image, or element, and I force myself to make a choice. Otherwise, i'll spend hours browsing and choosing between fonts. Luckily, you can create folders to group elements together when you're creating brands, that way you can go back and easily decide what elements to use on a certain project.

Michaela B.
Industry: Printing

Canva is the reason for my marketing career!

Reviewed on 30/7/2020

As a Marketing major, you would think I would choose some sort of "fancy" software that cost a lot of money to create marketing material for our company but I have stuck with Canva since my first class project in 2013 to now. Canva is my go to software when I need to get something done quickly but it needs to look clean, crisp and professional.

I could go on and on about Canva but to put it simply, if you need to create GREAT marketing material or even if you just want to make something that looks nice just because, this is what you should use!

Pros

Canva is such an easy product to use and anyone can do it. I'm talking ages 6 years old to 99 years old can figure out how to create something awesome and super professional.

I love the layout of Canva and how quickly you can find what you are looking for in the search function. If you are looking for a specific shape graphic to add onto your design, all you have to do is type it in. I also love all of the templates that are offered and that can help spark your creative thinking, especially if you're stuck and can't come up with an idea!

Cons

There's nothing bad I can say about Canva at all. They even have a mobile app which I use constantly for our social media page!

Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The best out there

Reviewed on 27/6/2020

Amazing. I enjoy using Canva for my company's graphics needs.

Pros

Canva is no doubt the best for seamless and easy designing. Even beginners can figure out how to create beautiful designs that stand out. I personally like to start designing from scratch, but on days when I just need a quick fix, I find staggering amounts of beautiful templates to suit my needs.
Also, I like that I can add 3 free custom brand colours in the free version. For icons and illustrations, there are tons of FREE ones to add a touch of elegance to my designs (sometimes I find too-good-to-be-free icons and I just get more awed).

In all, Canva is my go-to for fast, easy, beautiful designs on the go (I totally love the valuable articles on their website too).

Cons

I don't like that I experience a 'conflicting' copy issue most times because I lose my designs and have to start over.

Also, when I search for an illustration/icon, if I choose one and later change my mind, I have to manually retype my search. It doesn't happen with images, just icons and it can be a bit annoying if I can't remember the exact word that brought up a particular search result.

Danielle N.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

Gorgeous app with a sea of options!

Reviewed on 7/7/2020

I really enjoy the ease of the app, navigating around it and editing to personalise each piece of content. It creates fantastic outlines for social media platforms and enhances each post with a chic yet clean finish. Everything is able to be edited and adapted to perfection and to your individual taste.
What I love is that it has different sections for different platforms meaning as a result the layout for each piece will vary in size but create the same finished clean cut look as desired with the ability of having a matching version for a different platform therefore saving you the extra time trying to edit one specific post to fit a different version; for example a Facebook cover or a instagram live/ post are different size and specs. Using this app ultimately creates better outcomes in less time. I found I had more audience engagement and new content ideas. WIN WIN!

Pros

I love how personalised this app is. It is like the owners ( a young American) is having a chat with you throughout her daily app updates, notifications and weekly emails. (All interchangeable how often you receive them). I love seeing the app update with the tutorials, extra edits of content to use for your business for both premium and free members. The range that is available for free members is phenomenal, within its SEA of choices! The stock images are the best I have seen to date, they are vibrant and fresh. The app doesn't scrimp on how professional each part of the app itself looks alongside each individual section, tutorials and the photo quality. There is also a personal file section which is really handy to have quick access to something you have already made if you fancy reusing or updating something without having to start again (which wouldn't be too hard anyway) but we all love ease as humans!

Cons

There isn't much I dislike. I think the app is fantastic!
It is easy to merge with other apps.
It COULD potentially be easier for the app to connect directly to IG rather than saving an image then uploading as a separate file.

Andrew H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Canva: Quick and easy to use

Reviewed on 26/5/2020

I find this an invaluable tool for running our organisation. It vastly simplifies graphics creation and speeds up the process. But I consider it an addition to something like Photoshop or Pixelmator Pro, rather than a replacement.

Pros

This is a really great tool for creating simple and repeatable designs. We have used it to create social media posts, flyers, and even our annual report. There are many things I like about Canva:

* There is a good library of free-to-use graphics and clip-art. The pro-version (reasonably priced) now includes the right to use every stock-footage photo and asset on the site.

* It is so intuitive and easy to use. I have used Photoshop and Pixelmator on the Mac and although they are very powerful they have a difficult learning curve - Canva does not have all those features, but you can get many (most?) tasks done quickly and with no training.

* It is very template driven, so you can work from existing templates that they provide, or create your own template to use. We designed a template for our social media posts and can now adapt and reuse it very simply.

* You can upload your logo and the corporate colours you use with your brand and they are stored in the site and easily accessible every time you create something

* All of your work is stored and conducted online. There is no software to install! You can always find your work. You never lose your work.

* You can export your work in a variety of formats - including with a bleed and crop marks for commercial printing. I've had items printed professionally and they have looked spectacular.

Cons

* The system is not good at giving you pixel perfect control. There are no rulers that I have discovered in the system - this is frustrating if you need some elements of the design to be in exactly the right place. This has not stopped us creating printed matter, but it is sometimes frustrating.

* There are occasionally tasks that I cannot do in Canva and need to resort to other applications to do, for example removing the background from an image through a custom crop.

Kacie H.
Industry: Financial Services

Ideal for sharp-looking visuals, no graphic design experience necessary!

Reviewed on 28/4/2020

It began saving me 2-5 hours weekly when creating social media graphics, and I since expanded to using it for everything from party invites to professional looking PowerPoint decks. The options are endless and with so many pre-drafted templates, it's worth investing in the professional account in order to take advantage of this platform's full capabilities.

Pros

The free option is outstanding, but the affordable paid option even better. I use this software daily. Templates allow for easy customisation of font, colors and photos. You can even upload your band kit fonts, color codes etc. The new "remove background" feature has eliminated my need to use photoshop for most projects.

The newest feature allowing graphics of one size to be resized is a game changer for social media managers. The photo library is large and easy to search. And the platform saves all of your designs for ease of retrieval, and easy duplication means that you can create one template and reuse it for multiple projects. You can even add stickers and create moving gifs now! Oh, and you can even order affordable printed copies of your designs - from holiday cards to posters, I no longer have to export and send to a vendor... Canva made it easy.

Cons

I cant say there is anything I don't like about the desktop version. I look forward to the continued improvements and additions. The mobile version, however, is a little less sophisticated and difficult to manage, just due to the small screen size and need of precision when dragging and dropping items with your finger.

Ian M.
Industry: Internet

Just the right balance of power and control and ease

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 28/3/2020

I really enjoy being able to create marketing assets quickly and Canva has nailed the feeling of "play" with their library of assets. I've mostly used Canva to produce banners (digital, not physical) for ad campaigns and t-shirts. In writing this review I just learned they have menus as a template type and videos so I'm likely to try working with those asset types soon.

Pros

A lot of products in the "design for non-designers" category have the problem of not allowing enough flexibility. They pin the user in with too few choices and restrictions so that every design (logo, banner, etc.) that you make ends up feeling too similar and not inspired, not YOUR creation. Canva is exceptional in that it makes it easy and fun to try LOTS of different designs, providing you with just the right assets to try a lot of different designs. It's still easy enough that you don't feel like you have to struggle or read a lot of how-to guides to get started but it's flexible enough that when you've created something, it feels like it's really yours (and not just a couple template options that you picked from). It's very handy for creating assets like logos, banners, t-shirts, etc. when you need something quick and when you don't have a professional designer resource. Great for home businesses working on marketing assets or startups where a CEO or product or marketing person needs to jump in and produce a few assets for a campaign, merchandise, etc.

Cons

This is more of a limitation than a negative comment about the product: Canva has a LOT of template types, including videos and menus (for restaurants) but they do NOT (as of Mar 28, 2020) appear to have a few key types like screenshots (i.e. for app stores) and their videos don't allow you to superimpose a graphic or video within the scene. I bring these two cases up because it's a very common need for a small business that produces apps to create promotional screenshots (the type where the screenshot is surrounded by marketing text) and promotional videos demoing their app content. For cases like this you'll have to look at https://biteable.com/ (for promo videos) and https://theapplaunchpad.com/ (for screenshot generators).

Katalyn K.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Leads pack in free graphic design software

Reviewed on 14/3/2020

There is nothing else like Canva out there--something free that has as many features. As an employee at a nonprofit and a freelancer, paid products are just not always an option or not a priority. Overall, the UI is great, there are so many free fonts/pictures/designs/etc, and it is a powerhouse for graphic design--especially if you need something easy and quick to use. The paid options are worth it if you do feel like investing a bit, you will get more functionality and design options for a very reasonable price. I recommend this product all the time to folks, even those with no design experience or know how. It's just so easy to use and amazing that all of it is free and has no ads.

Pros

There are SO many great features in Canva that I don't know where to start. It is really easy to use, even if you have no graphic design experience or knowledge, and the number of features that are available rival a lot of more expensive paid products. Very user friendly and easy to figure out even as a first time user--a lot of it is just drag and drop or drag around with your mouse. Tons of templates so not only do you know your FB header or IG post is the right size--there's also free designs you can build off of. You can share items with the rest of your team and copy designs. There's truly a lot to like about Canva.

Cons

I have very little in the way of things to dislike. There are quite a few elements (pictures, fonts, gifs, etc) and features (resizing your design without having to recreate it) that are only available as a paid subscriber and Canva doesn't allow you to filter them out, though I can't say I blame them. Sometimes formatting can get wacky when downloading items. It can't do everything that Photoshop or InDesign can do--it's not a replacement for that. There are some other very minor quirks (like if you paste in text, it will remove the paragraph breaks or bullet points) but there's not much to dislike.

Sue B.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications
Company size: Self Employed

Anyone who spends any time running a business should know about Canva

Reviewed on 9/3/2020

My overall experience with Canva has been fantastic. I didn't rate their support simply because I think in my years of using Canva I have literally had only positive experiences and I don't think I have ever had to contact support. I plan on continuing to use the Canva Pro and I recommend it to anyone who needs some graphics or designs for their business.

Pros

First, I totallly love Canva! I was an early adopte of Canva back when it was still in Beta and you needed an invite to get an account. So I have been using it for several years now. It is my go-to place to create graphics for social media profiles and posts, blog posts, posters, Facebook ads, website graphics, logos... you name it! Barely a day goes by that I don't use Canva.

What I like most about it is how easy it is to create professional looking graphics, without knowing how to use a complicated program like Photoshop. Depending on your background, the learning curve to use it is minimal. If you can drag and drop and click you can use Canva.

Cons

There are very things I don't like about Canva. You can do a lot with just the free version and that is what I used for a couple years. Eventually I upgraded to the pro version because it had features that allowed me to do things I needed to be able to do. For example, with the free version you can't create png files with transparent backgrounds. So that limits what you can do, especially if you want to create logos. But this isn't really something I dislike about the software, just a reason why I upgraded to the paid version. They have to make their money somehow, so I think it's a fair trade to pay for the upgrade which has so many awesome features!

Katherine K.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Would You Recommend? Too Late, Already Have.

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

I make graphics for our companies and occasionally clients, in a whole variety of capacities. I have used Canva to create newsletter graphics, social media posts for Twitter, Facebook, Pintrest, Tumblr, Instagram, and Reddit, brochures for products or services, infographics for conferences, and more.

Pros

I have been using Canva since I began teaching myself to make graphics over two years ago. It has served me well in both simple projects (like graphics for social media) or full-on gif animations. They continually add new features and content and are always revamping the suggestions for "fresh" ideas. It's also super easy to share your project to other people or places, and you have quite a few download options for your files. And it is SUPER easy to use, the user interface is very intuitive and if you have questions their docs are great!

Cons

I have very few complaints, and the ones I have are pretty niche issues. Systematically I don't see issues at all! But sometimes it can be hard to format a picture correctly due to their "snapping" feature that snaps whatever element you're using to the nearest part of the picture the program "thinks" you want to use. For example, if you try and move a circle to a centimeter away from the middle of the graphic you're creating, it will automatically center itself and won't let you un-center it without an enormous amount of fuss. But this is minor and doesn't really happen often for me!

Noura A.
Industry: Internet

Canva is the perfect design solution for small businesses

Reviewed on 9/1/2020

I really enjoy Canva and so do my clients. I use it daily for my graphics.

Pros

If you're just starting out and can't afford to hire a designer and don't have the time for more complex design software, Canva is an excellent solution.
It's easy to use and has a wide range of templates.
I have designed my own graphic templates on Canva and used them as lead magnets to grow my email list.
I really enjoy the paid version and the features. They make managing multiple clients really easy. I have folders, fonts, and logos stored neatly in it so it makes the design process quicker. Another reason why I enjoy the paid version is because it allows you to access more stock pictures and elements.
I do use Photoshop to design some of my graphics, but I find myself using Canva a lot more frequently just because it's so easy.

Cons

A lot of my clients complain about having to scroll through mixed content on the free version. It would be nice if they could just filter by free content and paid content.
Because I share templates with my email list it would also be nice to allow them to copy my design without giving them editing permissions. I find myself going in daily to fix my designs because there's always someone who ignores the first document page with instructions on copying the graphic before editing.

Angela M.
Industry: Retail
Company size: Self Employed

Canva is a flexible tool for independent consultants

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

Canva is a great resource for making visuals like advertisements and invitations. It is use to use and flexible. Using the templates and included images will make some nice products, but with its popularity growing, be prepared to add some of your own images and designs to personalize your projects. Or you can work completely from scratch. It beats Word or PPT because it presets the dimensions for the output which makes it so much easier post production.

Pros

Canva is easy to use, with a drag and drop feature design template, sample templates. Canva has many size templates for most if not all the social media platforms and different uses, such as Facebook posts and banners. You can easily upload your own graphics and images, crop and size within Canva, and download completed projects.
The browser version can be accessed from anywhere so I can work from any computer. There is also a mobile app that works well.

Cons

The free version shows all of the paid content so you have to scroll through all the premium fonts and images to find the one you want. It would be nice if you could hide the paid content.
In the mobile app, upload images only pulls from my gallery. I have to download images form dropbox or OneDrive to my gallery in order to load them into Canva. There should be a way to import form anywhere on your mobile device.
Cropping on the mobile app takes some getting used to. you pinch the image to fit the box, not reduce the box like on the browser version.

Daniel P.
Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

Canva - an irreplaceable tool for designers and marketers

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Overall I have used Canva for a few years and I am satisfied with it. You can use it for a large array of design projects. It works the best for creating images to delight people on social media or on personal blog.
The free version comes with limited functionality, but it’s enough for basic needs. A medium to advanced designer should upgrade to the premium version - it’s a bargain by taking into account the value you get.

Pros

I started using Canva because I dislike creating social media assets by using Photoshop. It took me too much time to create an image for my Pinterest account so I switched to Canva. I saved plenty of time by using Canva - everything is more simpler. Hence, use Canva to save your time.
Disclaimer: I don’t say that Photoshop is bad, but it’s too complex and expensive for my needs.
Second, Canva is intuitive and super user-friendly. I hardly believe that someone may get stuck with Canva’s interface. Create an account, check the suggestions tips and in a few minutes you finish the first design work.
Are you lacking inspiration and you stare at a blank canvas for a half an hour? Canva’s library is full of quality templates, so you don’t have to start from scratch. Sadly, but fully understandably, you have to upgrade your account for more templates.

Cons

Canva is an awesome tool, but don’t expect to entirely replace Adobe Photoshop. Some users expect from Canva to replace Photohsop, but it’s quite difficult if not impossible. Canva’s aim is to create simple to medium projects. Complex pieces of design are the appanage of Photoshop.
The template library is made up from many good-looking templates, but the team behind Canva should do more in this respect. You risk of having a similar piece of design to many others because armies of users use the same template.

Kendra R.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great for small business & personal application!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Great program to use! Can access anywhere and transfer designs easily to any platform for use or print. Premium version is definitely recommended and affordable for any company or individual looking for a program that offers a variety of use. Company seems to continually improve product and services with new options, images, and designs. Highly recommend!

Pros

Multiple features and functions. Can create a variety of print and digital media from Facebook posts to printed flyers and postcards. Large selection of details, photos, and fonts to use... in both Free & Premium versions. Easy to use with your own images and templates, easy to customize and use again. Transfers easily from online platform to computer to print shops. Great to use for personal fun, but also a great product for small businesses! Not a bad price either!

Cons

There are some user interfaces and functions that could be improved upon. Hard to find ways to adjust small details while in the design; cannot adjust individual colors within stickers or fonts, hard to resize the design template unless selected previously, and difficult to manipulate sizes for photos and backgrounds. There are lots of options in the Free version, but for most items you will need the Premium version to get more. Do not be fooled... this is not a replacement for more advanced software programs such as Photoshop or InDesign, but works beyond limited/basic needs for print and digital media.

Josh C.
Industry: Real Estate

Beautiful Designs Anyone Can Use

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

Overall, Canva has been a blessing to our small company. What once took us hours of design work now gets 90% of the way there in less than 10 minutes. This is the definition of business leverage, and I applaud Canva's efforts to make design work easy, fun, and often inspiring.

The fact that it's not as flexible as, say, Adobe Illustrator, is admittedly an apples-to-oranges criticism. The iLife comparison above is an apt one, as it empowers the 99% of the population who want to be able to create really nice designs without having to rely on niche industry-specific software. Canva is to design as iMovie was to video editing—it democratizes the field and allows anyone to look like professionals to the average consumer. This is nothing short of magic and Canva is invaluable to our business as a result.

Pros

Simply put, Canva makes anyone look like a design rockstar. In our industry (real estate), it's shocking how ubiquitous Canva has become in less than 5 years, and that is 100% attributable to the fact that it's easy to use and comes stock with hundreds of pieces of design inspiration. It's not often that you can a single piece of software raises the bar for small business advertising and marketing, but Canva definitely fits that bill.

Cons

The flip side of raising the bar is that, well, the bar for quality is now raised and Canva isn't always the best about helping its users rise above this new "average." For instance, the pre-built designs are so good that you see them everywhere now, and you can spot a "Canva-like" design a hundred yards away.

This wouldn't be a problem, except that Canva actually makes it hard to customize designs too much. I know that's a strange thing to say since, literally, you can customize any part of a Canva design, but the software seems to fight you every step of the way. I suppose, in a way, this too is by design. Canva takes its inspiration from early Apple iLife suite of software (iMovie, iDVD, iPhoto, Garage Band, etc)—you can make some awesome stuff in 5-30 minutes, so long as you're willing to conform your design vision to theirs. Going beyond that surface level of customization, you'll begin wrestling with the software and get diminishing returns.

Sachith D.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Learning at Ease

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Overall, We recommend Canva as a good choice for designing in an effortless away. This program is not only easy to learn but also easy to use and requires no user experience whatsoever. Also, this program offers students a remarkable platform to express their learning skills and design their custom illustrations.

Pros

Designing: Canva is ideal for students as it aids them in designing posters and infographics. It provides an excellent platform for students to show their skills as it helps them express what they've learned. Canva is remarkable in designing class flyers as it helps users to express their imagination and creativity as it provides tons of opportunities for designing in every possible aspect.

Customized illustrations: Canva helps its users to design, edit and create images as their preference. Canva is also equipped with templates that can be used as per the requirement for graphic designing. Additionally, designing for different formats comes in handy too with Canva.

Cons

Text: If Canva users wish to add up any sort of text in their designing they won't be able to do so, it is because users are unable to add up any sort of text and they only have to rely on the templates which are quite frustrating for its users.

Limited features: Although Canva is a great program, not everything comes for free, In the free version, users are only equipped with limited features. To gain access to all of its features the users have to pay for it. Also, some of their features are to be paid in foreign currency only which can a little frustrating for its users.

Site A.
Industry: Education Management

Canva General Review

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Canva is to my opinion the best software that can be used to create and publish any graphic design on the go. Publishing on social media has never been that easy, no need to calculate the image dimensions (Width x Height) set by different social media platforms... Canva does that automatically for you.

Pros

- Canva is so easy to use with beautiful and instinctive UI design, great user experience too.
- It has a free version with readily available design templates which just needs to be customized according to your liking.
- It's a relatively cheap software compared to others in the same category.
- Canva has mobile applications too where you can create designs on the go and it syncs all your created designs created, irrespective of the platform you used.
- Canva makes it so easy to create our social media posts for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn as well as posters we use to advertise offline as well as presentations during student/faculty training.
- Besides our company, Canva is widely used among content creators (e.g Bloggers, YouTubers to create video thumbnails) hence a large audience uses this which influenced our decision to choose Canva as a photo design software.

Cons

- Repetitive designs might be found across the web as everyone uses the same design templates.

Luis ignacio C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

The design for all, the best platform.

Reviewed on 19/4/2019

One of the benefits that I have obtained with Canva is the portability that offers me to work, I have been away from home and a client contacts me, thanks to the mobile application of Canva, I have managed to pass a draft to customers who need urgent work . Another benefit is that one of the offices for which I work has implemented Canva as the main tool to change the size of many of the designs I have developed, which gives me more time to serve other clients with greater complexities. It is a graphic resource that I have managed to adapt as an assistant in which my clients leave the ideas that I end up improving to fulfill their interests.

Pros

As a graphic designer it is an absolute wonder all that Canva has done for many people. In my case, I really liked the possibilities it offers me to provide better care, both to my clients and to the bosses I work with. I like that anyone can take the path to graphic design, I have managed to give classes on how to design using Canva as a basis of work. Also, I like the almost unlimited graphic resources they offer for work. I like very much that based on my designs, my co-workers advance some elements that their departments need. Also, with Canva I can make personalized presentations that give my work a unique style, which has caught the attention of my clients. Another aspect that I liked a lot, is to be able to take my designs, adapting them to new dimensions within the platform, to the universe of social networks, it is amazing.

Cons

Not at all, it has no negative aspects to highlight, as a graphic designer I have looked for weak elements but so far I do not identify any. On the contrary, it is such an intiutive platform that I even recommend it for the daily use of people.

Abigail N.

Easy to use Design Software for all skill levels

Reviewed on 22/12/2018

Overall my experience with Canva has been good despite the glitches. It's still a lot easier to use than most design software.

Pros

Easy to use: I used canva to create social media images, Social media cover pages/headers, PDF presentations and ebook covers(and ebooks). I've also used Adobe spark, Photoshop and Illustrator to do the same thing but Canva is a lot easier to use. Photoshop and Illustrator require some level of experience to figure your way around it when creating designs especially for social media, but Canva comes with lots of templates so all I have to do is select a template and modify it.

Mobile App: The Android app has definitely gotten better, at the beginning of the year, it was a bit unstable so I had to use the mobile site which was the most frustrating experience of my life. The app is a lot better now and I use it weekly to create social media images and ebook covers

Lots of Design options(Templates): Another thing I like about Canva, especially compared to spark is the number of templates available for each design. For example there are different templates for IG story, Facebook post, Social media image (800x800px), Instagram image (1000x1000px). NO matter how stuck I am design-wise, when I go through their templates I always find something that catches my eyes and suits the concept my client wants.

No Branded logo on my final design

Cons

Limited Logo design options: Technically you can design a logo in Canva, realistically Canva is really not the best place to design a logo as almost all their logo templates look the same.

Undo/Redo Design: Maybe I have bad luck but the undo/redo option almost never work on me on the desktop site (It works just fine on the android app). Sometimes when I delete an element either on purpose or accidentally, when I undo it to get the element back, the undo option doesn't work and sometimes takes me much farther than I expected (I've ended up with a blank space more times than I can count). Same with the redo button.

Reload design: I'm not talking about times when I'm working on a design and I have to leave my desk for thirty minutes, and when I come back I see the prompt that tells me my last change (or something like that) wasn't saved and I need to reload the design. This has happened so often I always save my design before leaving, But I'm talking about how when I'm working on a design and all of a sudden I'm told the last few seconds were not saved and I need to reload the design. This happens to me at least once every two weeks and ALWAYS on the desktop site and never on the android app.
The android app is so stable that once I was working on a design and my data ran out but I continued without any disruption and even when the wifi was turned on there was no prompt to reload my design.

Jordan B.
Industry: Political Organisation

An indispensable part of my toolkit

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Canva has made graphic design work quicker and easier for me, especially in the production of graphics for social media, although I also use it to design everything from posters to business cards. Furthermore, it has empowered people on my team without ANY knowledge of other graphic design software to produce good-looking graphics that are consistent with our brand, reducing the demands on me to personally take care of ALL the graphic design needs of my organization.

Pros

While I have taught myself to use other forms of graphic design software such as Inkscape and to a lesser extent, Adobe InDesign, lately I have found myself increasingly using Canva as my go-to graphic design tool for 90% of what I do. I use Canva for Work now, and love that I can have brand colours and fonts at the ready, and can easily produce designs in just the right dimensions for various applications without having to look up what those dimensions should be. I have given access to my Canva account to colleagues so that they, too, can generate quality, on-brand designs, and the more I use Canva, the more templates I can make available for others on my team to copy and adapt. I also find the fact that it puts access to vast libraries of free and paid clipart and photos at my fingertips extremely handy.

Cons

There are just a few respects in which Canva comes up short relative to programs like Inkscape:
-There is currently no way to create curved text, or text along a path of any kind;
-There is no eraser tool, which could sometimes be useful;
-While it can export print-quality PDFs, I find that the PNGs it produces are not always of the resolution I'm looking for and would love the ability to obtain a higher ppi

April H.
Industry: Events Services

Canva is an amateur designers dream come true

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

I've used the software in my previous position at a non-profit in which I wore many hats within the organization. We had to be incredibly budget concious in all desicions and Canva helped us create designs that kept us relevant without having to spend huge money. In my current position, Canva allows me to take some of the workload off of our marketing department by being able to stay on brand with great designs for small projects.

Pros

Canva is an exceptionally user friendly design software that takes the complication out of making simple marketing materials. I use the free version and have been incredibly successful in finding what I need to make attractive and useful designs for everything from save the dates to social media posts. For any organization that wants to avoid the high costs of sophisticated design software or having to hire out every small job, Canva is a no brainer.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about the software. Any feature that you may want is available when you upgrade to pro but there is plenty of features to get most jobs done in the free version.