9,416 reviews

Canva

Graphic design & video editing tool for web and print

4.7 /5 (9416 reviews) Write a Review!

9,416 reviews
Steve T.

If You're Thinking About Using Canva - Just Do It! It's Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/3/2021

Im sure I could go on and on about Canva, heck, I even listed some more positive notes about Canva in the Cons section. But ultimately for me it comes down to the fact that I don't have to sacrifice any quality in my work or flexibility in my deliverables and exports when using Canva. Yet I gain so much time using it and when it comes to professional graphic design thats everything.

One project in particular I recently worked on was a series of short videos for ads for a client and the turnaround on those ads was crazy. If I had to make those videos in any other video editing software it would have taken 5 times as long and I probably wouldn't have met the deadlines. However because Canva has made everything so easy to use I was able to crank out videos so quickly and make edits so quickly without compromising quality. And that was HUGE.

Pros

I honestly have so many "pros" about Canva that I truly don't know where to start. I have been doing graphic design for 15 years now for all types of businesses and all sorts of projects from print to advertising and I typically use the Adobe software options but for the past 2 years Canva has covered just about 98% percent of what I've needed to do. Here are a few highlights that I love,

- The templates for sizing on different platforms such as Facebook headers has become indispensable for me
- The huge library of stock material that is SO quick and easy to access
- They are now including video options
- The content/templates/etc. is all very high quality and up to date
- They have awesome "moving photos" for social posts.
- The way you can resize a design for multiple export options is amazing. I often find myself wanting that in Adobe products.

I could keep going. The resizing feature alone was enough for me to use the pro version but everything about Canva is top notch and I always find new things they have added to the platform that make life for a designer so much easier. It is a go-to platform for me and my team.

Cons

I really don't have much negative to say about Canva. The only thing I can really say negatively about it is the file organization. I wish that was better, however, I may be doing it wrong and there may be a better way. Other than that I honestly have no criticisms about Canva. I mentioned in the "pro's" section that it covers 98% of my designing needs and that last 2% I honestly never expect a product such as Canva to cover because that last 2% for me is the more extreme in depth edits that Photoshop or Illustrator provide and honestly I am 100% okay with that. It does mean I need both platforms to fully do my job but its worth it because Canva has saved me so much time.

Lee A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

The Best Online Graphic Design Platform

Reviewed on 7/3/2021

I really enjoy using Canva for creating marketing campaigns for my business, and I use it to create Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest pictures and I also, use it to create video stories for social media using the templates in Canva.

After all, Canva is a very helpful tool especially if someone doesn't have Graphic Design experience like myself.
I hope they will keep doing a great job and add more features and templates to this Amazing platform.

Pros

I like it because it's very easy to use and It allows me to designs anything in my mind and it only takes a few seconds from start to finish especially with all the useful elements Canva provides.
I like the Image Library because I'm allowed to find whatever I'm looking for there with just a few clicks I'm able to find high-quality images.
I'm using it for creating marketing campaigns for my business and I really like all the social media templates especially for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest...etc.
I really enjoy video editing especially for Instagram stories and I don't need any super video editing knowledge because with Canva everything is easy and I can create cool videos using the templates they offer.
I also, like the Amazing fonts Canva has, and I can find any font I like because they have hundreds of them, and they all are modern fonts.
I like the commercial use agreement because I'm able to use all the elements and Images without any problem thanks to Canva for allowing millions of users and me to have the right to use everything with full commercial rights.
Canva is one of the best Graphic Design tools and I really like using it because It's an online platform and you don't need a high-performance computer to use it like other Software.
It's an all-in-one tool and it's very helpful especially for those who don't have any Graphic Design knowledge.
I like the new features they added recently for example like the curved font style and it's a very helpful option.

Cons

I hope they will give us more features in Canva android app.
I hope they can add some options like removing the background from Images, Convert Images, Stroke for fonts, Erase Tool, Pin Tool...etc.
I hope they can add a section where we can see the elements we have in the projects.
I hope they will add more templates especially for social media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) in the future.
But, after all, Canva Team is doing a great job, especially with the last updates.

Yvonne D.

An absolute lifesaver!

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

I have never had a bad experience with Canva. They are only improving their software every day. In fact, lately, it seems like they add new features monthly! I use Canva for social media graphics, ads, social videos, GIFs, and posters.

Pros

I'm a one-man show in many of my marketing projects for my clients and Canva has saved my life so many times! I've never been trained in photo or graphic editing software but Canva makes it easy to make high-quality graphics that are perfect for advertising, social media, and more.

In fact, I've even designed multi-page, high-quality PDFs for my clients that are perfect for print and production. This software has saved me thousands of dollars from designers and countless work hours.

They're also always making updates which are even better. They have included new services, effects, and styles to make your graphics look like they were designed by a professional.

Cons

I think it could offer a bit more word/text/background effects. It's not perfect. There are many things you can't do in Canva that require Procreate/Photoshop or another service. Otherwise, I love Canva!

Tarunabh D.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

The best online graphics designer with readymade customizable templates

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

Canva is a very easy online designing app that delivers result really fast. From a promotional and online marketing perspective, using designs created completely within the Canva workspace enables me to save time and maintain a professional standard and consistency in all my final outputs.
The readymade templates are very well-thought-out and I can easily find a suitable design template of my niche to modify and kick start my creation process, even in times when I am having difficulty to conceptualize a creative design. I highly recommend Canva for both amateurs as well as professional designers. Even non-designers can achieve a decent output with the help of Canva.

Pros

Before using Canva Pro, I was using Photoshop regularly and combining it with templates from Envato Elements. It yielded quality results no doubt, but it was a time-consuming process. I was not expecting Canva to be a replacement of Photoshop, but since I had to design lots of posters and graphic ads for social media regular posting, Photoshop wasn't the best choice. Canva really solved this problem. I can design professional quality graphic designs, posters, banners, flyers, brochures, invitations and business cards, logos, infographics - you name it, Canva has it all! Not only does it have thousands of top quality templates to choose from, I can also start from scratch and do a combination of different elements and assets, that can be selected from Canva's readily accessible library of millions of the best premium stock photos & videos, png elements & cliparts, and a vast collection of fonts. Another very helpful aspect worth mentioning is the ease of navigating and using the editing features and tools available within the Canva designing workspace. There is virtually no lag or glitches when you play with the dials of image effects and adjustment windows or when you resize and reposition, or copy certain design elements from one template to the other. The background remover tool inbuilt is probably the best one online, that I know of. All these wonderful features makes the whole workflow of using Canva layouts very convenient and satisfying.

Cons

Canva's monthly and yearly pricing for the Pro version are expensive to maintain.
In comparison to Photoshop, I find the layering of Canva templates and the editing and selecting of each layer within a composition/layout, very inconvenient. When layers are overlapping, there's few to no options to modify and select individual layers with ease.
Also, when I drag a new image into my layout, it snaps and replaces existing image and I have to really struggle to avoid Canva automatically doing that.
A better folder organizing system for my custom uploads, with tags can go long way in bringing more discipline and efficiency to the workflow.
The video or animation editing is very primitive, and even other basic designer tools like Placeit or invideo have much better and diverse ways of video creation. Canva still lacks a timeline editor window or keyframe animation, like that found in Pix teller.

Jean G.

Easier than Photoshop

Reviewed on 3/9/2020

using canva completely transformed how I create content for my company. I do a variety of things from making flyers for events that are going on in my studio to creating YouTube videos. In both these scenarios I use Canva. I'm able to create beautiful thumbnails using Canva and I Would put the thumbnails I've made against any other popular YouTubers thumbnails. Canva proves that you don't need an expensive editing software and an arts degree to create beautiful designs for your company and your brand!

Pros

I have to tell you I've been using Canva for several years now and It has made my life as The business owner and content creator much easier. I think what I like most about Canada is that it's a program that is built for would be designers to design things like thumbnails for platforms like YouTube or Facebook. Or create flyers and banners for Instagram and Facebook. What I like most is that it's much easier to use than a platform like Adobe Photoshop and it has a lot of the same features. Plus, they're always updating the software so just when you think you're going to have to switch over to using a new platform like Adobe they update things and add that one feature you've always wanted. Like for example the transparency feature that they just added a year or two back has been a real game changer for me. It's really helped me because now I've been able to make images have clear backgrounds and I don't believe that they used to have that. It's opened up possibilities for what I can do in the software. And by the way this is coming from someone who does know how to use Photoshop. I use Photoshop and I use Lightroom but I always go to Canva first because it's simpler to use and it's by far more accessible for beginners. Also, you don't have to use the premium service with Canva but I highly recommend it because the cost is rather low and you get access to so many different features like stock images and other editing tools that make the price worth it.

Cons

One of the only cons I can see with Canva is that I wish it had more editing tools. So, sometimes I do have to edit an image in an Adobe program but be honest that's very rare.

Miquéias B.
  • Industry: Design

The biggest and best online design software to bring your creations to life

Reviewed on 11/8/2020

I use the software for almost all things that have some need for graphic creation, even if it is not necessarily related to my infoproduct projects, such as creating posts for instagram or facebook, a very useful service if user wants to send a personalized message to a loved one. In addition, I have used the platform to create a book cover, blog banner, menu, logo, business card, Facebook cover, resume, Facebook ad and much more.

Pros

I love using the Canva software, but what attracts me the most is that the platform is completely online and because of that, no program is needed. With it any user new to design can develop different digital pieces, such as advertisements, invitations, banners, infographics, presentations, business cards, social media posts, e-books and whatever your creativity wants. The entire process of using the site is completely intuitive, there is no need to have prior knowledge to start using it.

Cons

Even with all the incredible features that Canva offers, as a user I notice the need to improve the loading speed and fluidity of use on the platform, because sometimes the service is unstable, but nothing that can harm the use on the computer.

Francisco C.

Save money on photoshop or high end software if you need to design for social networks

Reviewed on 9/3/2020

Its been great, I tried the paying plan but didnt actually got to use it at full.
Im sticking with the free plan since I use it only for quick youtube thumbnails or facebook posts that dont require more than JPG format and a couple of PDF files.
If you plan to use it like that you can try the 30 days pro plan and see if it fits your needs. For me the free is way more than expected

Pros

The ease of use in Canva is as simple as a drag and drop.
You can choose from a lot of objects like images, text, shapes and now even video and gifs to create an engaging post for social media.
Since you have all the sizes available from start you choose your end use, pick the size and from there you just let your imagination do the rest.

Cons

For the free plan you get a LOT of benefits, but the problem is if you need to purchase or get a few extra things like premium images or shapes or export in specific ways like transparent PNG.
The payment plan is kinda cheap and you unlock good things but the problem is the micro transactions of stock imagery which you have to purchase item by item and those arent cheap.
I recommend to get the free plan and an external stock if you need the basic process.
If you want to replace photoshop all together you have to go pro (of course you wont be able to do the same) but at least you get more export methods and lots of stock included.

Shala B.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Canva is one of my favorite design tools

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

We use Canva for all our design needs. Social media marketing, magazine ads, flyers, brochures, email blasts, etc... We can do it all in Canva. I love that our brand colors are saved and there are so many beautiful templates to choose from so all we have to do is change to our brand colors and change the wording and we are set. Canva has given me the freedom to play around with design and create some beautiful works of art! Love all of the graphics, fonts, images, etc... So many good things to say about it. I recommend it to everyone I know.

Pros

I love the ease of use with Canva. Anyone with basic computer skills can look like a professional graphic designer. Also, most everything we do in Canva is completely free. I am the marketing director for a non-profit so we have zero budget to spend on marketing. Since I am able to use Canva for free all the time, whenever there is something special that I need to do and I want to purchase a premium image, my boss is totally ok with that. Especially because I can show him what the finished product will look like before we spend the money!

Cons

I do wish there were a way to search free graphics and images by title. Currently you can search by subject but free is mixed with premium. Sometimes I have to search for a long time to find the free images I need. I understand why they designed it this way. Obviously if we want to keep Canva supported and growing, we need plenty of people purchasing premium images. My organization doesn't often have the budget for the premium images so I'm grateful that other people do because I want Canva to stay around for a very long time. I honestly don't know what I'd do with out.

Dysiree R.

CANVA the Holy Grail

Reviewed on 16/1/2020

I really had a great experience using this software and I think I will continue to use it until somethingbetter than canva comes up. But for now, Canva for me is more than enough.

Pros

I have been using this software for our email campaigns, my personal resume, flyers, training materials, business cards and even logo... I would say that CANVA for me is just the cream of the crop among other softwares that provide same service.

-- The software is very easy to use, and when I say easy I meant very easy. It is perfect for beginners or even for people who are not that artistic but would like to have their campaign materials, resumes , business cards or other document to be professional looking.

-- The free trial of the software is enough, but for higher quality and more premium tools, the price is reasonable considering your end product.

-- They have everything readily available for you , from templates to sizes of docs. and everything else, and if you wanted to make it more personalized you can do it to some extent is still free of charge.

-- The output can be downloaded in different formats and in different quality depending on your taste.

-- It saves everything from where you left off.

-- You can access it on your phone, tablet and computer which is very convenient.

It is just so perfect for me.

Cons

-- First, the customer service is good however, they can only be contacted through twitter and facebook and I think it is more convenient to have a customer service support through phone.

-- There is no option to add video clips. It would really be a plus to have this option.

-- Limited free options, specially with the image quality.

-- If you are working with a team member, there is no way for you to collaborate on same account. Unless you email each other or talk in person. It would be great to be able to leave a note, or a simple chat box for communication purpose between team members.

Bruno F.
  • Industry: Photography

Design anything. Literally.

Reviewed on 21/5/2019

Canva is the first software I think of when I don't have so much time to create graphic designs. It features a huge variety of layouts and tools to create beautiful designs in a short amount of time. For social-media-lovers like me and for content creators, this is one of the best things already invented. Canva makes everything easier in a world where, more and more, time is money. I have a great experience of using Canva and I really recommend it to everyone I know.

Pros

For many, including me, Canva can be a divine sign or really the savior of the motherland. It features a huge variety of formats, layouts and tools, for basically any graphic material you might think of doing. Social media, work presentations, logos, cards, invitations, posters, ads, photo albums, ebooks and even resume! You can create all of this and more using Canva. And the best is the ease of use. You only have to choose a layout and customize it however you want. You can change the color of the text and some vectors, change fonts and more. It's a great software to exercise your creativity - even when you're not on a very creative day, because the software already gives you the almost ready work, you only need to adjust it according to your ultimate goal.

Canva presents a great image bank that covers several categories, making it really easy for you to choose the right image for your project without having to leave the page. Some images are free and very good, but there are the paid pictures also. They are great and the price is affordable - you might not mind paying, depending on your project.

It's really hard to find defects in Canva.

Cons

Even with those beautiful designs presented, some of the best ones are not totally free. Sometimes the complete design comes with a price, and other times some of the images used on it come with a price. If you can pay for them, this clearly does not prove to be a problem. If you can not afford it, there are the free images – but maybe some images do not show the best quality after download. Depending on the project you are designing, this can be a problem. For me, in the case of creating content for social networks (because the measures of these networks do not require a giant resolution), this has never been a problem. I can create beautiful arts for social media without any problem. And finally there's a Canva "problem" that I really LOVE to have: the variety of layouts it presents is soooo great that sometimes it takes me too long to pick one, hahahaha.

Maynard john S.
  • Industry: Research
  • Used Other for 1+ year

No beret needed: Fast and beautiful artistic designs through Canva

Reviewed on 18/5/2019

Canva is very easy to use graphic design software that allows you to create an artistic and professional design in mere seconds. It allows people with no artistic background to quickly create a design for their personal and business needs. People have been complimenting my designs and admired its simplicity. Hence, you do not need a to wear a fancy artist's beret to create your artistic designs to share to the world.

Pros

One of the best attributes that Canva offers is its ease of use. Relative to other layout and design software, designing marketing material, info-graphics, presentations, etc. becomes very painless as Canva offers a variety of templates for you to choose.

Along with these are the ready stock photos, vector graphics, and shapes that you can bring to your design by click-and-dragging it to where you want it to be, that way you do not need to switch to another webpage to search for images.

Canva is also very useful for prototyping designs as you can quickly iterate through your design ideas because of how quick and convenient it is to create a design.

You are also able to share your design to others online and work on it collaboratively. This is useful for team projects or simply showing others your design for comments.

You do not have to worry about the risk of losing your work because all your designs are saved to the cloud. It also makes it easy for you to hop in and out of your work.

Canva is also free to use but the paid version offers quality of life improvements such as allowing to change the size of your design, removing the watermarks for most of the stock photos and graphics, better organization of designs, and the most important feature for me is being able to save my designs with a transparent background.

My takeaway here is that Canva allows you to make artistic professional looking design in mere seconds with no artistic background experience needed.

Cons

Although Canva allows you to create professional looking designs rapidly, it does come with some trade-offs.

Canva loses the flexibility and functionality that other graphic design software have. Users of professional graphic design software would understand what I am referring to. Features such as warping, filters, space selection, etc. are absent. but one could say that this is a good thing to keep things simple.

Although you could collaborate on a design, unfortunately this feature is not yet real time and would require you to refresh the web page to see the work of other be reflected on the design.

The free version of the application unfortunately does not download the design in the best quality and it is sometimes obvious when presenting it in high definition.

And also, as my tasks became more demanding, the watermark on the stock photos became more and more annoying which made me opt for the paid version.

Samantha H.

If you need an easy design software, look no further!

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Overall, I can't recommend a design software enough. It is easy to learn, easy to use, practical, fun, and offers new personalization for projects that I was anticipating creating. If you're looking for something that you can really dig into, this isn't really that. But if you need one tool for everything you could need if you have some flexibility with your project, look no further.

Pros

I love how easy this is to use. I was able to figure out how it worked in minutes, and was able to navigate the different design options with ease. As this tool has grown, I have found that they have offered more opportunity to get really creative with customization. If you need a simple template and don't want to get too detailed, there are so many great options. If you have a vision and your own content, and you just need a simple tool to put it together, it's also great for that. They stay on top of trendy fonts, colors, and patterns, and you can really tell that they know what their users want. I have used Canva for invitations, newsletters, meeting agendas, and most commonly I make flyers with it. I run social media for a dorm and catchy designs are necessary if we want college students to take a second look. I have never found that I need anything but Canva.

Cons

I haven't found what I don't like, but the ability to use gif images would be helpful. I recognize that if pictures move, it may go beyond what this software can do. Animated or not, some images are just in that format. Additionally, the search feature is occasionally difficult to navigate since you need to sort through free and payment required images to find what you need.

Patricia S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Putting Me Out of a Job

Reviewed on 23/2/2019

Canva has been the solution we needed to allow others on our team to dabble in design and easily get started with no prior experience. The level of our projects has improved significantly since we started using the platform. It has aided us in producing professional looking documents, slide decks, social media images and more! It's also been encouraging to see the Canva team continue to develop the platform and add much-needed functionality along the way. The experience has only gotten better! The only reason I'm a little afraid to tell people about Canva is it's well on its way to putting me (as a designer) out of a job!

Pros

Canva has demystified design to the point that I'm starting to fear for my job! (Just kidding, but only kind of). Canva has been a lifesaver! So many people on our team wanted to make their work look better, but didn't have a place to start. They were never going to be able to master the Adobe Creative Suite, and even those who had put time into learning it did not necessarily have an eye or instinct for design. Canva has made it possible for those people to create great looking documents, slide presentations, and graphics with no prior experience. The pre-made templates, color palette suggestions, and embedded assets including photos and icons give you everything you need. All you have to do is drag and drop!

Cons

When we first started using Canva, it wasn't as advanced as it is now. They've added tons of great features that has made the design capabilities more intuitive. If you've been using the Adobe Creative Suite, though, you might find it hard to switch into it or switch back and forth between the programs since it doesn't offer the same keyboard shortcuts you're used to. Another thing you might find annoying if you are only a free user is how much content is behind the paywall. Even with a paid account, there are plenty of assets that are only for purchase, so you have to be careful when making your design. The only other thing to be aware of is that Canva is not an InDesign replacement, it doesn't offer functionality to handle formatting text-heavy documents with ease. But it is a great Illustrator substitute for entry-level designers just looking to help themselves and their work go to the next design level.

Shayne H.

I literally use Canva for "EVERYTHING" - One of the best designing tools I know!

Reviewed on 19/2/2019

Canva is a beautiful tool that has revolutionized the game for small or budding business to go out there with professional content. I've used Canva for possibly anything that you could think of (Resumes, Facebook Creatives, my Company Logo, etc). The best part is, the Freemium is as good at some of the other Premiums out there. However, if you're using Canva for business purposes, I suggest you use their paid pricing model. It's a little steep, but it's worth it.

Pros

1) Easy To Use: Trust me, it's not as scary as some of the other "photoshop" softwares that scare people off. Canva is incredibly simple to use and very easy to master. You can be a beginner or a professional, but I've you're lucky enough to stumble upon this tool, you're sorted.

2) Dimension Guru: If you do a lot of Social Media Campaigns, Social Media Account Maintenance, etc, you're going to need to know all the dimensions. Luckily, Canva allows you to choose templates that have preset dimensions (For example, a Facebook cover page will have a different dimension than a Facebook profile Picture).

3) Versatility: Canva can be used for virtually any purpose from creating Resumes to crafting Company Logos from scratch and many many more! They even have ready-made templates that you can load and just alter existing information.

4) Great Memory: Canva saves the color scheme that your brand holds and applies it to your future projects. This is so that you don't accidentally use a slightly lighter or darker shade. (Used to happen to me a lot)

5) Professional Creations: Till now, everything that I've created using Canva came out looking very professional.

6) Who Needs A Design Team: With Canva in you're arsenal, you don't need to invest an exorbitant amount on a Design Team. However, you do have to invest a lot of time if you take that call. That's a different story.

Cons

1) Graphs and Charts: Usually, on chosen templates that have a graph or a chart in them, you can't edit or input your own data or values to change their visual representation. To overcome this, I usually use an external graph or chart maker and import a PNG version of the same into my Canva project. Just a minor setback because the external tools that I use are free.

2) Buggy Undo Button: There were many instances where I had clicked the 'Undo' button and it started lagging.

Friendly Neighborhood Graphic Design Hero

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Overall experience with this software Canva is a great option to create high-impact graphic designs without the hassle of having to know design techniques, purchase high priced design services, or spend a lot of time to create documents. It’s especially useful for businesses because of the versatility of design which can be used to create logos, business documents and more. It’s great for personal use as well! Birthday cards, event invites, and posters, personal documents, resumes can all be created here. The overall experience for a basic user on Canva is exceptional, efficient, and affordable.

Pros

I ran into Canva on a last minute work assignment to create a flyer for a weekend team-building event! No Pressure. Having very rusty graphic design skills, I knew I couldn’t pull off the project in time if I worked with conventional graphic design software such as Photoshop and Adobe InDesign. I needed a template that was ready-made, great looking, and easy to edit. A quick google search and in stepped Canva.
The graphic design software replacement website is a God-sent efficiency machine for those of us who aren’t endowed with creative prowess or those who like to get things done quickly. It has great templates spanning a host of documents, a well-selected collection of vectors, photos, fonts, borders, and more, as well as a great user-friendly interface for easy editing, saving, and downloading.
•A variety of templates On the Canva home-page, you are asked: “what would you like to design?” You can type your answer and begin working on a blank document and build up using the site’s design features. Alternatively, Templates are made by other Canva users and you can build upon what they have created.
•Well curated design features If you aren’t in a time bind, you can have a bit of fun to really get acquainted with the site’s comprehensive and well-chosen design features. Starting from scratch, you can play around with stock images,

Cons

•High priced in-app purchases can be a pain if you like the look, but the price is over the top. However, there are plenty of free items that can work the look without the price tag.
•Outdated items such as frames, grid-layouts, and icons can use a make-over or additions to update the Canva collection.

Priscilla D.

Great Graphics Quick - With Zero Learning Curve

Reviewed on 31/1/2019

Canva is AMAZING!! I've even talked with some Photos--- specialists who love Canva and how quickly they can pump out content. I love that they email me monthly tips and tricks as well as new templates. The library of internal graphics that's included with the paid plan is totally worth it. I was a free user for about 6 months and then tried the paid version. This is one tool that I use daily in my business and I've never thought about cancelling, it's too valuable.

Pros

The templates are worth their weight in gold. Some days there's not a creative bone left in my body; so I use a template and change it up a bit. Boom! Amazing graphic in 30 seconds. I've taught my team to use Canva in 30 mins and they're up and running. Most of the training was business specific on how to create client folders for uploads, creating brand guides, and exporting and resizing. I love that my team can share a completed design with me and I can then make any edits that are needed or resize for another platform. I've used Canva for Print Ads, Facebook Ads, website graphics, Instagram, and the list goes on. My favorite little trick is layering an image and downloading it as a GIF and then I've got a quick video for Instagram. I've never had to use their customer service line, but the monthly newsletter updates are fantastic.

Cons

The mobile app for this tool is a little less user friendly and I have a harder time using it, but I prefer to create graphics online anyway so I can download a zip file and then schedule and plan. Their new layout that they just upgraded too took a bit of an adjustment, but I love it now.

millions use canva design software review

Reviewed on 9/1/2019

you can do all the work inside canva even when you want to share your designs through social media
and you can schedule your posts, you can make your designs animated they give you several styles of animation like what I love block , pan, slide, or rise style where all the elements that make up your graphic seem to rise from the lowest and descend to their places so fascinating and captive

Pros

in canva there are dozens of standard dimensions for both graphics and documents, canva is a design tool for non designers i mean biginners to create stunning graphics and also for those who perform office tasks such as writing an A4 document ,resume,brochure,us letter document,i think this tool is more useful for designers if we take the web there is a wide variety of websites such as a social media facebook ,twitter, while each website requires its own dimensions for graphics, to remember all dimensions it is hard but it puts infront your eyes before you begun designing all kind of graphics like youtube channel art, youtube thumbnail, facebook post or cover and more,dozens with their precise dimensions by the left corner there are several functions the most intersting i think the one called elements divided into columns and supported by a search bar, a nice way to organize things under each column the objects are grouped under headings like health, beauty and fashion, lines, shapes and many others after all found objects are pictures or graphics, it seems like they mean those united objects have something in common and so you can take them for that niche or subniche or title ,last what I like so much in canva when I can transit if we can say that or otherwise change a graphic already made for a specific platform to another in the dimensions are different if you take the example to pass a grapfic facebook post to pintrest pin it will not be quite adequate the first time but

Cons

you need to have a high connection so that templates and layouts load quickly and again when you work on canva you notice that the number of free images, free icons is shrunk as time goes by, it is a lot harder to find free elements, sometimes there are outages of services

Chris G.

CANVA 2.0: A Step Sideways

Reviewed on 22/8/2018

The original Canva 1.0 rates all 5 Stars. Easy to use, easy to see the various templates that beginners/advanced users wanted to find. Easy to select text elements and shapes..
For Canva 2.0? Take away a star across the board (4 stars.). They decided to not leave well enough alone. I can only find two improvements in a product that really didn't need improving, and they left out a notable chance to improve the app, by making image resizing a free, standard feature. That feature has become almost essential in 2018, and making it a premium feature is a shame..
Canva 2.0 buries the most often-used menu items (Shapes/Lines/Charts/Icons/Images) behind an unrelated menu option. If you want shapes, lines, or charts you'll need to click on "images". Then, scroll down the left side of the screen to find the elements you are searching for, and because they are now lumped together, get ready to scroll for awhile.
Despite the improved wider left side menu, using Canva 2.0 is a slower process than before.

Pros

Canva 2.0 remains the standard of excellence in online graphics creation for beginners through intermediate skill levels. Canva 2.0 widens the left-side margins of the app, allowing images and items you are searching for to appear larger on the desktop version. Once you find the "Find Templates" menu selection, you indeed have a VERY nice selection of graphics templates organized into a wider variety of categories than before.
If you peek at the APPS icon in the lower left, you'll see a large selection of great tools such as animation and gif creation, transparent backgrounds, image resizing, larger stock photo library etc., but they require the paid per month subscription.

Cons

Removal of the template selection screen. Asking the user to guess what the exact template style is by typing in an expression or description of the template, is a needless step backwards, all in pursuit of a cleaner looking interface.. If you want to enter your own design dimensions (say 1280x7200 pixels) the box for that is gone.
Yes, FIND TEMPLATES is quietly there on the left side of the screen, but I didn't notice it until I had used Canva 2.0 nearly a dozen times. This could end up being better than Canva 1.0 if they install a guide for newcomers, showing users where they've moved these commonly used tools to.... It's a bit conceited when designers believe their products are so well engineered that they think they need no instructions.

Courtney S.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Time Saving Miracle

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

I genuinely use canva every single day. Even to spruce up my business wide emails—I can create an eye catching banner for an emails in seconds. I get so many compliments on how talented and creative I am with the images I can easily create—but my secret is Canva!

Pros

Canva is an absolute time saving creative platform that I rely on everyday. With thousands of premade templates I can throw together signage for our building, cards, online posts, graphics for our newsletter and events, and more in a jiffy. The functionality is amazing. Instead of searching google for a transparent PNG I can remove the background of a photo in seconds. Layering and moving objects is so easy and the program cooperated so well. It also has a built in alignment feature that helps you center and perfectly align the size and position of objects. You can also copy and paste images into can a so easily, as well as download your final project as a PDF, PNG, or even a GIF. So easy to use and so convenient.

Cons

Honestly my only complaint is that I feel they could have more images to insert like clip art. They have a pretty broad selection but it could certainly be improved. Many of their items are only available with canva pro as well—which depending on your budget may or may not be worth paying for.

John A.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Canva will make your Brand shine.

Reviewed on 20/2/2021

We have never had an issue using the Canva software. We’ve never experienced any down-time. We never had a billing issue or needed to refer to online forums, FAQs, videos, or customer service for help using this product. We produce more content and faster than ever before.

Pros

The front-end interface is very easy to use. The speed of the site is fast allowing you quickly assemble and render projects. Canva templates are professional, meet our style preferences, and are very simple to customize to match your own branding.

Cons

Generally, I have lots to say about the cons of a product. This is likely one of the most utilized design software we use and really like. So I will pick pricing. It would be great if it were about 20% less, but we do find the current price meets value. Just not a bargain. I'm pretty parsimonious.

Avash K.

An Awesome Graphic Desigining Tool That Can Be Used By Anyone

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

I absolutely love it.

Thousands of well-designed templates, elements, awesome looking photos - all in one place with a powerful editor and great UI. I highly recommend it for everyone.

Pros

I am not a graphic designer, but I can design simple graphics easily - all thanks to Canva. I have been using Canva for over 2 years now - to design social media posts for our Facebook page, some graphics for my personal blog. It would cost me hundreds and hundreds of $$$ if I hired graphic designers but Canva works as good for only about $10 a month. Canva also saves me time as I don't need to explain my idea to designers and then wait for them to complete design - I can choose template I like and then make a good looking design in less than 10 minutes for less than $10 a month. I absolutely love the power of Canva.

Cons

I don't have any problem with Canva. I sometimes miss advanced tools like pen tools but they are for advanced users and require advanced software.

With Canva, I can choose from thousands of already available templates, elements, photos and then edit them to reflect my idea. I can't make designs in advanced software as easily as I can make in Canva.

So while I do miss advanced features like pen tool sometimes - there's nothing that I don't like about Canva.

Danielle N.
  • Industry: Design

Amazing Graphic Design Tool!

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

I am so grateful that a tool like Canva exists. Canva makes creating beautiful, professional-looking designs accessible to people who are not necessarily trained designers. You can use the tool in the most basic way: choose a template and switch out the text, colors, images, etc. Or, if you're like me and enjoy digging into features, you can get quite sophisticated.

Pros

I use a Canva Pro account, mostly on the web, although I have the desktop and iPhone versions as well. My designs are primarily for the web, specifically social media.
The platform's design is gorgeous. From the moment you land on your home page, you feel you're in the perfect environment to create amazing visuals. Canva has hundreds of templates in dozens of formats sized appropriately for their intended uses; or you can create a design with custom dimensions. To find a template, just type a keyword such as "Instagram" in the search bar and you'll get a list of template types (stories, feed post, etc.) for that platform. You can even use the search bar to find your own designs! The templates are easy to customize; or you can start with a blank page if you wish. You can choose from a wide variety of design elements (images, illustrations, videos, etc.); or you can upload your own. You can organize your designs and uploads into folders. Those folders are accessible from within any design as well as from your home page.

Cons

Several times, I have not been aware of a feature until I came upon it by chance.
The sheer volume of design elements can be overwhelming. I tend to be very particular and spend way too much time looking through dozens of options to find the "right" one.
Opening and closing all the menus and tabs to access graphics and formatting tools can be a bit cumbersome. However, getting accustomed to using Canva's keyboard shortcuts would be helpful for that.

Ashton S.

Ultimate Beginners Tool

Reviewed on 15/4/2020

Although I haven't explored much of Canva, this is the beginners' tool for creating basic artwork for digital distribution. If you want something basic and done quick use Canva. Canva genuinely makes the final design look professional. I recommend Canva to anyone looking for a good design tool.

Pros

When creating designs with other products, I normally use two tools or more. On the other hand, Canva is an all in one design tool making it fantastic to work with. This drag and drop application makes designing a breeze and the fact that typography and colour schemes can be automated, great layouts are done in record time with no effort.

Canva is extremely easy to use. The option to upload my own images is a feature I like including
- Social media integration
- Newsletter integration
- Drag and drop functionality
- Good customer service
- Font options with different sizes
- Custom shapes and colours
- Video functionality
- A wide variety of templates
- Affordable in case I decide to pay for it over other products
- Online tutorials to guide learners on how to use the tool effectively. Because of this, I easily point
beginners to Canva

Cons

As a die-hard designer, I'd say that the templates could be better. I look forward to more professional template Coming from a region where internet connection is not easily accessible, it makes Canva a bit challenging to use for the masses. I use the app for social media distribution as doing the design on the app is not that easy to use, my fingers are too big. For simple and easy designs this is the tool but I'd say do not touch for official Corporate Identity design development. Use a professional.

Christos T.

Canva Review

Reviewed on 15/2/2021

Canva helps me to create special banners for social media accounts easily in a time-saving manner. Moreover, using Canva makes easy to create professional brand images, as it provides useful tips and tricks. So, it is very useful for me, because I have decided to create professional looking pictures with high-quality themes and colors. I use it for all social media posts. Generally, without Canva I would never be able to create high-quality designs and images that really stand out today.

Pros

Canva has a variety of templates, which are very suitable for image creation. This makes it an excellent web application for beginners. Moreover, the ability to have multiple pages in the same canva document is a very useful feature. That means, I can create multiple designs and templates in the same place without having to switch documents. Furthermore, another advantage it that canva can integrate with photography and photo websites, like unsplash. That means, I don’t have to download the stock photos to my computer for use in design and then upload them. Last but not least, with Canva I can search various assets and sort them into folders. This helps keep everything organized and makes them easy to find.

Cons

I have been using Canva for a long time. I think that there are a few shortcomings for it. One disadvantage is that Canva may become a little slow, when there are many pages in the same document or the document contains multiple elements. Unfortunately, this can be frustrating, but it is a very rare situation. Moreover, certain things should be improved. For instance, the image library should be enriched. If they can introduce support for vector files, that would be great. I hope the Canva team can provide more features to help people in different fields have the best experience with it.

Kristen L.
  • Industry: Online Media

Amazing Design Platform

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Overall it has just always been reliable and been able to do whatever I needed. I’ve had no issues or need to even contact support.

Pros

Canva has been an important part of my small business startup. Whether it’s making graphics for my website or media kits to send out to prospective clients, Canva has always come through. Having the ability to work from either my phone or laptop seamlessly on the design is huge. The features that come with the premium version make it well worth the investment. The other feature I really like is that you can have them print your designs like business cards and mail them to you with the click of a button. It’s well worth the investment.

Cons

The mobile app still needs a little more development, but overall works well.