1,959 reviews

Paycor

All-in-on HR solution with HCM, payroll & timekeeping

4.4 /5 (1959 reviews) Write a Review!

1,959 reviews
Cesar C.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Paycor's a vital element for the efficient management of human talent from the web

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

The organization has optimized from the work per hour required in reality, as the development of data that allow you to optimize the preparation of the payroll and therefore the accounting and finance of the company. In addition to the Paycor applicant tracking system, the company has been able to optimize its recruitment and selection of qualified personnel.

Pros

The software is very useful because its integrated tools provide me with a virtual environment to manage from its graphical interface the assistance of the staff, as their time of stay in the premises, in addition the graphics tool allows me to generate basic inputs for the construction of the reports that the other instances of the organization require in terms of the need for personnel and the preparation of the payroll. It is very good because it is also compatible with several operating systems such as Mac OS, independent operating system, Windows 8.

Cons

The difficulty has been in reaching the precision levels of automating the tracking of employee hours based on their actual work hours in the company and although administrators can configure workflows and distribute permissions to several users according to the roles, his workstation is cumbersome at the system level to translate all those variations of the programming that the tool has with reality.

Sheryl L.
  • Industry: Plastics

Easy to use payroll software

Reviewed on 25/6/2019

I have been using Paycor for about 20 years and have been pleased with them since the first day I started using the software.

Pros

Paycor offers many benefits inside their payroll software package. The feature I value the most is the ability to track employee hours in different departments and set up each department in separate general ledger accounts. This allows me to easily transfer my payroll data into my financial software. This is a huge time saving feature for me. Whenever I need to call customer service, they are knowledgeable and address any issues I may have in a timely manner. I do not usually need to call for customer support because the software is so user friendly that under normal circumstances I can handle everything on my own. I do not even consider moving to another program because of the ease of use and affordability Paycor's software offers.

Cons

There is not really anything I don't like about the software. Sometimes I wish I could get by without having to use my mouse while entering my payroll but there are a few items on the screen that can not be chosen without switching from keystrokes to the mouse.

Tami W.

Not just the product, the employees care!

Reviewed on 25/10/2016

Paycor has exceeded my expectations time and time again. The customer service is fantastic! Having a dedicated specialist for each application makes things so easy when I have a question. This saves time on having to ask the question and risk being transferred to someone else. My specialists are always so kind and helpful, they are very patient and do all they can to help me.

Paycor is also a company that listens to the customers. Not all companies have the same needs but with Paycor you have the ability to make suggestions for changes and they really do monitor these and make changes. Every quarter they have updates of things they have changed or improved. It is nice to have a company that strives to make it customers jobs easier.

The software itself is easy to navigate and use. I have found the reporting feature to be of great value. I have several reports that need to be customized, this includes the order of the columns, adding formulas and sub-strings, to detailed employee information. My specialist helped me create a report for our workers compensation audit which saved me over 8 hours of work! I have also been able to customize reports that I need to run once a year, it is so nice to just be able to go in an hit "run report" and it's done.

Paycor also saved me a lot of time and concern last year with the 1095 forms. My specialist worked with me to ensure all the information was correct and then Paycor took care of the rest. What a relief that was, I didn' t have to worry about missing any deadlines or mailings.

If you aren't using a payroll provider or you are looking for a different one I would strongly encourage you to contact Paycor as they are definitely a top notch company!

Pros

The ability to run custom reports, the ease of the software

Alison B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

time saver and very user friendly!

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

I have greatly enjoyed the features that Paycor Perform has to offer. Using this system, I have been able to save hours of work every week in my processing of payroll and maintenance of employee records. The system is easy to understand and navigate. Our payroll specialist has always been there to help answer questions and guide us through new processes. I also love all the reporting options that are available. I can customize and share reports with others in my department. I also love that I can schedule reports to run and e-mail out. The HR module has greatly helped streamline our benefit and and HR management. Employees are able to view and manager their own profiles, which again saves a lot of time.

Overall, I have been very happy with Paycor Perform and the benefits it has provided to our company.

Pros

Ease of use, accessibility, integartion between modules and some options for customization

Cons

There are areas of reporting and employee record set up that I wish i could customize more. also, we tend to have disruption in our scheduled reporting when there is a Quarterly Update. Also, the implementation process was bumpy at times in terms of time frams and communications, but at the end we were very happy with the product

Jim B.

Gets the job done, with little followup

Reviewed on 14/1/2020

This really gets the job done well and we are able to track several areas of organizational allocations and tax tracking which we were not able to track with another popular software. Once a change is made, I can be assured it will come over in the run properly.

Pros

Much of the software is quite intuitive. I have used other payroll software as well, but this simply makes sense. General area for profile, pay, deductions, with several areas for specifically coding org codes and working with allocations. It seems to be able to do what we need. Questions are dealt with fairly quickly, although during tax time the wait for a live person can be 15-20 minutes.

Cons

We had set up several different codes for 401(k), which the software did not combine for a total amount, so it was necessary to manually track for a couple employees. This was unfortunate, but didn't affect us too bad. The report writing is better than many companies I have worked with.

Response from Paycor

Hi Jim - thank you for taking time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that Paycor is intuitive and easy to use. Have a wonderful day!

Cedric G.

I love Paycor

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Even with the cons I listed Paycor is a great tool and I cannot say enough positive things about their customer service and product support team.

Pros

-Paycor's Customer Service is phenomenal. You're given a personal customer service representative (I loved ours!) but the backup reps were great too.
-Paycor is easy to use with tons of training available too.
-If you're an HR professional many of their webinars are eligible for SHRM and/or HRCI credits
-Paycor and its add-ons are some of the best

Cons

-Paycor is definitely not for larger employers. They excel in the small to mid-sized employer space.
-Paycor buys some technologies (like their ATS and LMS) and it's integrated on their back-end so some reporting or functionality can be a bit clunky.
-It was much easier to run certain reports before they went through their last upgrade.

Response from Paycor

Hi Cedric,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that you've had a great experience with our Client Support team. Have a great day!

Jennifer H.

Good product

Reviewed on 8/1/2020

Pros

The ability to move between users while on the same screen/tab is great. Reporting works well. It’s a very user friendly app and the LMS (learning pathway system) is an excellent resource.

Cons

We have a lot of issues with our account reps responding to tickets and there have been some strange glitches that pop up from time to time but they typically work themselves out.

Response from Paycor

Hi Jennifer - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that Paycor is easy to use and the reporting is great. I have shared your feedback in regards to support with the appropriate team. Have a wonderful day!

Megan R.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Seems very extensible

Reviewed on 19/8/2019

Pros

If you have an HR rep who is tech-savvy or likes to play around to maximize the product, it seems like there's a ton of functionality available. We just tested out using the online forms and signing acknowledgement forms and it worked really smoothly. There are a lot of widgets the HR people can turn on/off.

Cons

It's hard to tell what's an administrator choice at my company vs what Paycor is out-of-the-box, but it's weird because as a manager, I cannot see my team members' pay rates. Also, if you manage a manager, you cannot adjust timecards for their team members. Some of the interface is also unintuitive to me. For example, when you accept a team member's time-off request, the Calendar view just shows your whole team's time off but not who each one is. There aren't ways to view the calendar differently, so I don't really see a purpose to it at all.

Jennifer J.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

User friendly and priced comparable

Reviewed on 26/9/2019

I have used this product for several years and find it to be a perfect fit for our Church.

Pros

We are on a once a month payroll schedule and I find this platform to be very user friendly. We are also 100% online / direct deposit which the platform is perfect for that. As a non profit smaller scale organization the price is competitive as well.

Cons

The reporting can be a bit overwhelming and offer way to may options when you just want a birthday list with names.

Cheryl S.

Employee Friendly Payroll Software

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

I can only speak as an employee but this system is very user-friendly & gives me easy access to all of my payroll and benefits information.

Pros

As an employee, there really isn't anything I don't like about it. It's great to be able to access all of my pay stubs for the year & my W-2. It's also great to be able to log in to my account on my personal computer. But I think my favorite thing is the ability to check my hours on a calendar as opposed to just the standard time card format. The calendar view shows the cumulative hours as the week progresses so I can easily tell when I've completed my hours for the week.

Cons

I can't really think of anything, I don't have any complaints about it. The only very minor complaint is that sometimes it logs me out too quickly so I have to then sign back in.

Sylvia R.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Paycor HRIS, Payroll, Benefits and Time SAAS

Reviewed on 30/1/2020

Excellent overall experience! We have an excellent and dedicated customer support team, they're responsive and friendly and very helpful.

Pros

Excellent customer service and affordable payroll software with multiple modules that includes payroll, HRIS, timekeeping, reporting, benefits administration, ACA compliance, direct deposit and quarterly tax filing.

Cons

Implementation was a bit rushed, timekeeping has some limitations with complex pay policies but nothing too serious.

Response from Paycor

HI Sylvia - Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! It's great to hear that you're having a great experience with our customer service team. Have a great day!

Alex N.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Benefit of company that looks out for customers

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

PAYCOR provided detailed payroll and benefit information to aid in the application for the Payroll Protection Program under the CARES Act which to my surprise they created without me asking. The reports were created and the link was on the home page for easy access. Nice touch!

Pros

PAYCOR improves software based on needs of the users. The data base to create custom reports is ideal for our needs in creating budgets and forecasts for our diocese.

Cons

This is an all inclusive software package. It is not one that you can learn without some training. Once the basics are known to the user, ease of maneuvering through the screens improves.

Response from Paycor

Hi Alex - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It is great to hear that Paycor is listening to your feedback. Have a great day!

Todd P.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Paycor Perform Review

Reviewed on 25/6/2019

Paycor software has been by far the easiest payroll software we have used. It's simple, direct layout makes entering and maintaining our company configuration and our weekly payroll a breeze.

Pros

What we like most about the paycor software is how easy it is to check/edit daily time clock in/outs. Also how fast it is to submit the prior weeks payroll and feeling confident that the submitted payroll will be processed on the correct date.

Cons

The least thing we like about the paycor software is not being able to quickly see if we successfully submitted our weekly payroll. We receive an email, but it would be nice under the "pay employee" tab to visually see the prior weeks submitted payroll.

Angela S.

Paycor was a mistake

Reviewed on 22/11/2020

We used Paycor for 2 months and only ran 5 weekly payrolls. In that time we were never fully onboarded to the platform. Some features were never enabled and I had an extremely difficult time getting in touch with anyone to help me. The online knowledge base lacks some basic information. Payroll itself was easy enough to run so I don't really have an issue with that. Everything else was not intuitive at all and took a lot of clicking around in Paycor to figure out, if I ever was able to figure it out. I spent all of my working time for 8 weeks trying to get Paycor set up correctly and it just never happened. When I requested a partial refund for my trouble, I got snarky flippant replies.

As of this writing I am waiting for Paycor to contact me about quarterly employer taxes that weren't filed that nobody ever told me was my responsibility. The software I was using before Paycor did it for us and I'm fairly certain that that was one of the things I asked about during the sales process.

Pros

Not much. Everything was way more difficult than it needed to be

Cons

The mobile app did not work as described
Have to file our own quarterly taxes which was never explained
It was much more expensive than other options, especially when nothing worked as advertised

Jean B.

Comfortable

Reviewed on 25/10/2016

We have been with Paycor for several years now.
We are approaching a steady count of almost 300 employees so the system makes it easy to process new hires and all that we need for payroll and ACA functionality.

I do stress a little every time my account representative changes as we become comfortable with a particular individual and it gets difficult to adjust to the new...The really good ones seem to get promoted or moved and we get rookies and start all over...

Overall, there are a few things in the Paycor system that could make it more user friendly, but overall is a very good system.

Pros

Somewhat user friendly

Cons

Could have some functionality that could eliminate inputting data

J. michael B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Control freak pleased with Paycor's performance

Reviewed on 25/10/2016

As a former IRS agent who also taught employment taxes for the IRS I am quite happy with Paycor's ability to perform ALL of the payroll functions. I was a little hesitant at first to give up control because I NEED TO MAKE SURE everything is done right. But after being on Paycor for a year and a half I am very happy with their ability to do everything right. Taxes are properly calculated, payments are always made timely, and the payroll and quarterly reports I get are better than I use to do.

It did take a while for all the set-up to get up to my expectations but the customer support staff was patient and understanding. Also some items there is a slight maze to get through but it is workable and overall I believe this payroll program is the best available and I highly recommend it. This Controller sleeps peacefully at night knowing our payroll is in good hands at Paycor.

Pros

Comprehensiveness
Accuracy of reports
ACA filings

Cons

terminating an employee (a lot of ectra steps)

Kim L.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Paycor Perform Review

Reviewed on 2/11/2018

We use Paycor for all of our HR solutions.

Pros

We currently are using Paycor Perform and have been for many years. It is the best HR software that I have used in my HR career. Paycor continually updates the process and programs to make it more efficient to use. They really take the feedback of customers seriously.

Cons

There isn't a "training" program that can be done to use get the most out of Paycor Perform's system. There are too many videos and job aids to possibly learn them all and use the product everyday. I suggested that they have a "training" for new users. Heck, for old users too.

Betsy P.

Better suited for large corporations

Reviewed on 25/6/2019

I rarely get my representative when i call and often have to ask another rep. The return call time is long as well. They do provide other reps who can help but often times tell you to conact your own rep.

Pros

Easy to use. Not complicated. Straight forward. Love the mobile time card punch feature. The set up was easy and the person was very helpful.

Cons

Price for small company with addition of Time and Attendance for only 3 staff is costly.Proably better suited for larger company trying to keep track of 100s of employees.

Anthony S.

Awesome Payroll Software

Reviewed on 20/6/2019

One of the best all around payroll and time & attendance software's I have used.

Pros

Super user friendly and easy to use. Reports are simple and in excel format so easy to dive deeper into them if needed. They pay grid to process payroll couldn't be simpler. On boarding employees is breeze now too since we can just upload all documents to Paycor and the new hire can review and electronically sign them all.

Cons

Depending on your customer support person, it can be difficult to get resolutions to issues. We currently have [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who is amazing but have also worked with others that were little to no help with some of our issues.

Cristina A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Thank God for Nimble!

Reviewed on 28/10/2016

Nimble has made my life simple. When there is an issue, I have received only the best customer assistance. I can say that Nimble and its team is doing a fantastic job keeping their users happy. I am a happy camper every time I log on. Keep up the great work!

Pros

The online customer assistance is what I enjoy most. It is fast and I always feel taken care of when I reach out for help or when I have questions.

Cons

There are two people that have to publish their staff's schedule and since they are joined, there has been issues with what gets published, cleared, etc. I would be nice to be able to divide the departments so no matter what one department does it doesn't effect the others. This may just be on our side but I wouldn't even know how to go about adjusting this.

Heath A.

Paycor, from a user's perspective...

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Overall the implementation of Paycor has been a huge improvement and time saver. Sure beats the old pen and paper forms we used to use...and saves a lot of time and money being paperless.

Pros

Very well organized into areas of specific needs. The online performance appraisal has been an incredible time saver as well as an always available resource being an online form. The goals area has been really helpful in maintaining my focus on goals and achieving them in a timely manner. Makes me look really good to my supervisor.

Cons

I don't like having to constantly use a code when signing in from laptop/phone - phone/laptop. Every time I sign in on one to the other, even though I select the 'I trust device/use regularly' option.

Debbie G.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Paycor gets a high 5

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

Changing payroll systems is not an easy task. We were with Paycor for several years before making a switch to another company in early 2014, thinking bigger was better. Huge mistake! At the end of year 2014 we begged to come back to Paycor and did so with overall success. Thanks to the professional and personable staff at Paycor, a monumental task was completed with only a few hiccups along the way. We continue to enjoy our working relationship with everyone at Paycor and look forward to progressing along with them. We use Paycor Perform for our Time and Attendance, Payroll, and HR functions.

Pros

Ease of use and web based

Beth S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great features -- software updates need more thorough testing sometimes

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

It has lots of great features -- many more than I need. For the price, I think it has a high level of functionality. The self-help consists of almost all video tutorials, for which I don't have a lot of patience. I wish there was an online, written manual that I could quickly search for an answer to a "how do I . . . " question. More than once an update to the software has introduced a new feature, but caused a glitch in a former feature. Or, the update doesn't necessarily improve the experience, but simply changes the interface, causing an unnecessary re-adjustment.

Pros

Our employees have autonomy and can adjust their own time records. One-time pay adjustments can be made "on the fly"

Cons

It's inconsistent. Occasionally (and more than once) something that has always worked just stops working.

Danielle G.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Paycor is Always There to Help

Reviewed on 25/6/2019

Paycor has been great. We have had different oddities and complicated ways we need things set up and they are always eager to help and work with us to get our needs met.

Pros

The software is constantly being modified and upgraded for better use. As well as better ease of process for employees to log in and make changes to things like their direct deposit or address.

Cons

With one upgrade, some great reporting was taken away so I'd like to see that come back or more options in the current reporting.

Emily G.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Game Changer

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Pros

Software is simple and it just works. We use it for employees clocking in with QR codes on an ipad and remote clock ins and scheduling and PTO. Great support and they actually take input from customers when developing the app to continually improve it based on what users actually want.

Cons

The more employees you have, the more it costs. Would be nice if we got a discount after adding a certain number of employees. Like a bulk discount almost, or a rebate of sorts.