HoneyBook

4.6/5
4.8/5

Carlos
  • Industry: Photography

A must for busy event people

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Customer service is great, they get back to asap and help you with anything.

Pros

Automating my payments and collecting for me. Using the app i don't have to be in front of a computer to check on customers contracts.

Cons

no scheduling within the software in which I heard they were working on this. The ability to add someone that works for you and not see contract just logistics.

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I was on the forefront of it and they walked me into it , I don't think there were many alternatives as there is now

Response from HoneyBook

Happy to hear you are enjoying the HB app Carlos! Please keep an ear out shortly for more news on exciting up coming features!

Steve
  • Industry: Photography

The sweetest solution for photographers

Reviewed on 3/4/2022

Honeybook continues to be a game-changer for our photography business. It has been an integral part of our daily workflow for years now. This year they added calendar and booking functionality.

Pros

Love the customer service. Whenever I need help they are always right there. We use HB for every booking. As soon as a lead goes active, we start a new project and manage everything from communication to proposal to contact to invoicing with HB.

Cons

There could maybe be more freedom to customize but really it's just an advanced issue. First world problems.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

Honeybook does so much more for us than just bookkeeping.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Honeybook is more accessible and ready to deploy.
Kathryn
  • Industry: Events Services

Tries to do a lot of things, but none of them are done very well

Reviewed on 17/9/2021

I felt like the app looked great and had great potential, but the clunky UI design left me frustrated. We had been using it for almost a year and still felt that something just wasn't clicking. We ended up moving away from Honeybook and chose another program that was more specific to our industry.

Pros

The look and feel of the app is very clean, love the ability to add images and customize the look and feel of contracts, flyers, brochures and more. Adding a custom form field to our website was easy to do. Automation feature seems nice, but we didn't really use it.

Cons

In contracts the most frustrating thing is that you can only add line items at the very bottom of the invoice. That means if you have a very long invoice and want to add a line to the top of the page, you have to add a line at the bottom and drag it all the way up to the top ( which is extremely tedious ). It wastes so much time that it made me wonder if we wasted more time trying to use this clunky app than just doing things the way we were used to in excel!

Matthew

Best I've Used So Far

Reviewed on 22/8/2022

Overall it has been a Godsend. I am feeling much better about how I manage my business with Honeybook.

Pros

I love using Honeybook! I've tried a couple other CRM softwares, and this one is by far the easiest to deploy and keep me on track. It is logical and feels easy to use, which has kept me using it rather than reverting to inefficient paper tracking. The customer service has been great: always quick and friendly to answer questions and help me through something I didn't understand. I would highly recommend Honeybook to anyone.

Cons

The calendar sync is sometimes glitchy, but that could also be user error. One thing that would make it better would be an easy way to override when I am considered "busy" on my Google Calendar that syncs in. I'd also love to have SMS communication with my clients, but rumor has it they are working on this.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

Zoho was just too confusing - I love that it's one big suite to manage Social, and Website, and Accounting, and CRM, and washes my windows...but it was overwhelming, and to have someone help me set it up would require an additional subscription. Studio Cloud was just clunky. I may not have given it enough effort, but it just wasn't quite there for me.

Zoho CRM
Charlie

Solid Payment Invoicing & Proposal Tool

Reviewed on 9/6/2022

8/10. Once the client has paid the first time, their automated recurring payment solution is working really well for me.

Pros

I moved away from Quickbooks online because they didn't have an easy way to send customers automatic recurring invoices. Honeybook had pre-built service agreements along with the automated recurring payments feature I needed for my business. It was appealing to work with them because set up was very easy to get what we needed up and running

Cons

After a client pays their invoice, it usually takes 12-24 hours for Honeybook to send me a confirmation email saying they've paid. This is (I don't use this word often) absurd. With Quickbooks, I know payment confirmation comes in within 10 minutes.

Especially if I am going to start work with a client right as they pay, this hurdle in their platform stops me from getting to work right away.

It usually leads to me emailing my customer "Did you pay the invoice?" then them replying "I did!" then me looking into Honeybook wondering why the heck it hasn't come in and making me look foolish to my client... Then I finally get the notification the next day.

It's the #1 feature request they need to get updated.

Stripe and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Because they have online scheduling, and pre-built proposals/service agreements to use. More of an all-in-one platform.
Kaycee

Honeybook is a game-changer for Service Oriented Small-Businesses

Reviewed on 3/8/2022

The biggest problem that I've struggled with since launching my business is obtaining payment in a timely fashion. Honeybook totally fixed that problem for me. I don't have to give a laundry-list of payment methods or pay for additional payment services, wait around for physical checks, or process e-checks. My customers just plop in their card information and then it hits my bank account.

SO. NICE.

Pros

Honeybook took my booking process to a massively higher level of success. My contracts are all signed, and invoices are paid before I even start designing. I walk my customers through the process and we discuss TAT and rates, next steps, and then I kick them over the Proposal with the same details we discussed during the sale.

With other software I've struggled to receive timely payments, or contract signatures.

Not anymore!

Cons

The contract templates are pretty limited to social media management and marketing ops. I think that every business needs their own contracts, period, but it would be nice to have a better starting place for other service providers.

Additionally, the emails that Honeybook kicks out for proposals, payments, contracts and the like have reportedly found their way to many of my customer's spam box. I just warn them ahead of time, but it's not super reassuring to some more leery customers.

Melanie Latrelle
  • Industry: Design

I'm glad I found Honeybook!

Reviewed on 8/8/2022

My experience has been great. It keeps my organized and I have recommended to other people for their business.

Pros

I like that the interface is easy to use and navigate and is visually appealing. I can track my leads and communicate with them and send emails and send updates and invoices, contracts, and receive payments all in one place. It keeps my business organized. I like the mobile app for business on the go. The customer support is helpful and responsive. Love the scheduling app! It has replaced my previous scheduler.

Cons

I want more email customization - better html features - add photo to my signature, add gifs, rename buttons and add them wherever I want in the email.
I'd like it to manage my items better - have a place where I can update item pricing and descriptions and archive old items.
I'd like better customization around the contact forms. Be able to match the text and font and fields closely to my website so that it integrates better onto my design. Be able to change colors of text and lines, and fonts and customize the lead contact form better.

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

The other product had a high learning curve. I took training courses to get started and it was still confusing. The interface wasn't that pretty or easy to navigate. The scheduling app was ugly. Even though it allows for more customization than Honeybook, I chose Honeybook because the entry level price matched my business and I like the clean look of the interface and easy to use navigation and the mobile app is great!
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A Great Resource For Small Businesses

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

Pros

One, they created flexibility with pricing; for someone who wants to use the platform but uses a different checkout option, there is a very affordable tier. That tier is also fantastic for those just getting started. I've always found it crazy that more platforms don't carry an option like this for beginners.

Since I've been with Honeybook, they have been improving the software; they recently just came out with a fantastic feature to take your lead or on a streamlined journey.

Cons

I hope they allow us to ACTUALLY customize our project pipeline at some point.

Not everyone has the same process, and there is stuff I can't take off because it's default.

I also wish there was an easier way to just send someone to the item to be sold page rather than taking them to a pipeline, we all get leads differently, and I'd like to skip a step for some people.

Lindsey

A tool to check off multiple boxes

Reviewed on 18/3/2022

Overall I love Honeybook. I signed up when there was a super good deal but when it came time to renew, it was an easy choice to keep going with it. I use it to ease my new client onboarding and that alone is well worth it. All the other features are just a bonus.

Pros

I like that it gives me the ability to have multiple tools within one software. I don't need an extra scheduling tool, I don't need a CRM, I don't need an invoicing tool, I don't need a form builder for my website. Honeybook handles all of those things for me which makes it really simple to keep it all in one place.

Cons

Some things aren't really intuitive so I have to use the help resources or ask customer support for help in figuring things out. The great thing is that the support team is really easy to chat with and makes things really simple.

Vanessa
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Business Made Simple

Reviewed on 4/1/2023

Fairly good overall.

Pros

It's easy to keep track of and invoice clients.

Cons

I've had some clients complain that it's not always easy to log in or to navigate the software.

Leigh Ann

Powerful, Intuitive Tool

Reviewed on 29/5/2020

When we were starting up our business, an event venue, I was going nuts comparing the different CRM software. When you haven't actually used them, you don't know which will work best for you. Another venue owner told me she used HoneyBook. I had learned a lot from her, and finally decided that if she thought HoneyBook was good, it probably was and I'd just go for that. Best decision ever!

Pros

I love the pipeline, where each client's project is categorized by stage (new inquiry, tour scheduled, proposal signed, etc.). I can pull up all clients who are in the "Planning" stage of the pipeline, for example.

Under each client's project is absolutely everything related to their project: all emails exchanged, contracts, payment schedule, separate workspaces with vendors who will be working on the project, and more. I have templates for emails and have them sent automatically. One goes out when we receive an inquiry, a different one 5 days after client signs the contract, and another 30 days before their event date. There are also templates for brochures, contracts, and payment plans. I can't imagine having to do all of that manually!

I set the system up for my business with no outside assistance. It was easy to understand.

Cons

Would like to have more ability to make formatting changes (bullets, numbering, bold, etc.) when editing a document. I can do this on a new document, but not when editing an existing one.
Workflows could be improved to have more triggers and the ability to automatically send files.

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

It was recommended by another business owner who I trusted.

Response from HoneyBook

Hi Leigh Ann,

Thanks for your feedback. It's helpful to know where we can improve. We're in the process of building in more formatting customizations right now, as well as new triggers within workflows to help you automate tasks on a more real-time basis. Stay tuned!

Flossie

Level up

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

It’s saved me so much time organizing client data, bookkeeping, payment processing and contracts. Their helpful reminders to keep things from falling through the cracks and maintaining my brand appearance when working with clients.

Pros

When singing up with Honeybook they took my exhausting contracts, forms, questionnaires and placed them into their system. This saved me so much time switching from DIY client management to this online resource.

Cons

When responding to an email through the software, it makes a new email. Some clients have more questions and I’d like a way to organize with in a project the emails.

17hats, DocuSign and Adobe PDF Library

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

I did a trail run of both 17hats and Honeybook. Honeybook put my documents into the system and the customer service help to learn their system was stellar. It made me more confident that if I had trouble in the future, someone would answer.

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

See above. It applies to all the potential products used
Alyssa
  • Industry: Design

Using HoneyBook is like having a personal sales assistant helping me run my business 24/7

Reviewed on 1/9/2020

Wow, just keeping everything in one place for my business and the way HoneyBook automatically saves everything that I've been working on has been absolutely transformational. I feel like HoneyBook is 5-10 apps all in one. I also like your customer support and the overall vibe of your company that I get from using your product. I feel like you truly care about your customers :) Also, I'm currently on the $1 per month plan for 6 months. Keep offering that, because that is what made me commit to HoneyBook!

Also, your pre-written proposal legal contract is AMAZING! So professional and easy to customize.

Pros

Honeybook is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Luckily, I started using it when I began my business, so I didn't need to transfer any existing CRM or sales data over. When I was onboarding, HoneyBook's support staff loaded in a bunch of pre-designed templates specific to my industry. They also took images I sent them of my products and prices and turned them into usable sales proposals. That alone has saved me WEEKS of time that I would have had to spend learning how to use HoneyBook and manually inputting my content.

Cons

The time tracker does not function to the extent that I need it to. I currently use Time Doctor to track my time, but it would be nice if I could keep everything in HoneyBook.

Also, I oftentimes don't see my reminders for following up with "tasks" for clients in my projects pipeline. If there's a way to have those notifications automatically sync with my personal google calendar and send me an email reminder, that would be helpful. Pipedrive's CRM and sales pipeline does a really great job of showing urgent prospects to follow up with. I think it color-codes them too.

Also, the email feature within HoneyBook can be a bit confusing. Sometimes, I can't tell if an email sent or not. The notes are also not displayed in a way that's very easy to read. It would be nice to add bullets, bold text, underline, etc. Pipedrive does a really great job of showing all of the email threads and notes between clients and multiple team members in their CRM.

Also, the first time I sent an invoice, HoneyBook automatically included a place for gratuity/tip. I've now figured out how to turn that setting off, but I couldn't see that it was automatically included in my invoice ahead of time. With my business (and I think most), they will never need gratuity, so I think that's kind of an odd setting. Maybe instead of having to click and review the settings in the left side bar of invoices, there could be an extra prompt to review those settings before the user sends the proposal to their client.

Jira, Pipedrive, Proposify, Ignition, HubSpot CRM and Qwilr

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Price, ease of use, everything being in one place, support staff to help with onboarding, good UX and UI.
Casey

From Employee to Business Owner Honeybook has been by my Side

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

Overall, Honeybook saves us so much time and allows my business to be operated with only 2 full time employees. If I were to try and run this business on my own, without Honeybook, I would not be able to give my clients the attention to detail and quick response time they deserve.

Pros

There is a very small learning curve using Honeybook. When I convinced my previous employer to purchase Honeybook, I realized how very quick and easy it was to integrate into the company. Now, as a business owner, my employees can utilize Honeybook as well and our company can have full transparency on where we are at with each client.

Cons

I really wish that Batch Emailing had more options. We often need to send specific batch emails to our clients dependednt on which stage they are at on our timeline. Only having the options to hand select each client to send the batch emails to or to send them to our entire client list is an inefficient use of our time and thus we find no use for this tool that has so much potential to be so valuable to our business.

Planning Pod

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I felt that Honeybook was more customizable and offered more specific tools geared towards streamlining the areas that I needed help with most.
Sarah
  • Industry: Photography

Definitely a game changer!

Reviewed on 1/10/2020

Pros

I love how organized I feel using this product - I can see at a glance where I am in the process with all of my clients and it is amazing to pull up all the correspondence with each client in one place. It has made a world of difference and I am beyond happy with it!

Cons

The thing I like least is the limitation when building templates for contracts, proposals, questionnaires, etc. - I am in the business of photography and delivering beautiful images is what sets my soul on fire! I wish I could add some of my images into some of my documents and have full control over the size and their location in the document. The way it is set up right now is a square crop on any image which can only be left, center, and right page. Dubsado has the leg up on Honeybook in that regard but otherwise I am totally happy with Honeybook.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

Interface appearance, cost of the software.

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Pixieset does not yet have a CRM option - although it sounds like it's in the works. It ultimately came down to price when I decided to go with Honeybook - they had a really good deal for the first year.
Rita

The learning curve is flat

Reviewed on 26/8/2021

Honeybook is responsible for the success of my business. Before Honeybook I had to follow up and demand to get paid and often get my payments postponed. Now it is all automated, clients even put their invoices in auto-pay.

Pros

I get paid without hassle. Everything is automated. The proposal is so amazing, you send the invoice and contract together, and it goes with a pay button where the customer has no choice besides to sign the contract and paying.

Cons

The app.
The time tracking - the fact you have to calculate the time in fractions, what should have been an easy task becomes a "let me google what 1h35min is in time fractions". You can just put the time in the app, but not on the webapp. But I can never login at the app because it doesn't accept Google SSO, but it does on the web, so I always have to change my password. The app doesn't stay connected for long.
So I just don't use the app, I have it installed because maybe one day it will update and login with Google.

Rae

Best CRM!

Reviewed on 25/6/2021

Honeybook has given me the confidence to run my business like a boss. When I send clients proposal, contacts and invoices I look and feel professional. The user interface is clean, easy to use and navigate.

Pros

I really like how well thought out everything is. Honeybook meets my business needs on multiple levels. It's given my business the structure that it needed. My business looks good every step of the way with custom brochures, questionnaire and well drafted contracts. I started using Honeybook at the start of the pandemic and was amazed at the customer service. Honeybook stepped in to provide it's community with webinars and resources on how each business could navigate the pandemic. They went above and beyond and for that I am grateful.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Honeybook

Ariel

Honeybook is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 25/5/2022

My overall experience with Honeybook has been incredible. I use the program for contract, invoices, payment processing, reports, automations, client contact, calendars, questionnaires, and so much more!

Pros

What I love most about Honeybook is that most of my business needs can be handled through them! Aside from client galleries- it’s all done here on Honeybook. The program is organized, intuitive, and includes so many features! It’s easy to learn and use. I can’t imagine running my business without it!

Cons

I have no cons. This meets and exceeds all expectations that I would have for a CRM.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

I made the switch from my previous CRM due to countless recommendations from others in my field. After my trial, I was hooked!

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Honeybook is so much more user friendly and easy to use!
Dave

I wish I had found HoneyBook sooner.

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

I can easily set up meetings, send proposals, get signatures and create subscriptions to my agency services.

Pros

HoneyBook has the features I need to run my small digital agency. I shopped around and paid too much for other systems which was frustrating. HoneyBook fits perfectly with my agency's sales flow.

Cons

Because I was migrating from another system with many existing clients, onboarding was challenging. I would like to have had a personal and live onboarding session with specific advice on how best to set things up. It took a while to find the optimal use for brochures, proposals, invoices etc...

monday.com, Asana and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

HubSpot is expensive. It did work well, but they don't offer a price point for small businesses. A friend recommended

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

The value. Great features at the right price for my agency.
Daniela
  • Industry: Photography

My business can't survive without Honeybook

Reviewed on 21/4/2022

This CRM makes my business run smoothly and efficiently. I otherwise would not be able to keep track of task due dates and all of my clients. I cannot run my business without Honeybook.

Pros

I love that everything I need to run my business is in one place, and that I can customize just about everything to create brand cohesive experiences for my clients.

Cons

Couple little things here and there, like a box won't move where I want it to in Flows, but they are always tweaking and adding new features. The customer service is also stellar so if anything goes wrong I know someone will be able to help me right away!

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Honeybook felt more fun and personal, while Dubsado felt so professional that it felt sterile and like it would be hard to figure out.
Barbara
  • Industry: Hospitality

Honeybook is the best!

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

Before Honeybook, we were having issues with past due account and staying on top of them. With Honeybook-that issue has gone away. Our customers are thrilled with the reminders and the ability to pay online. Before Honeybook we either had to have couples come back to the venue to book or would mail out the contracts delaying bookings by up to 2 weeks. Now we can send out everything and have our bookings completed in just hours! Working with clients and assisting in the coordinating /planning of their weddings are soo much easier with Honeybook. All emails are stored with the project-from the lead contact to the final thank you! No more hunting through email accounts. Notes and information stored there. And the ability to work from home without hauling home a stack of files is unbeatable. This is the BEST program for a wedding venue!

Pros

The ability to work from anywhere at any time is one of the best features. I can access all the information for our clients from home and answer any questions. Since leads go directly to this program, all emails are attached to each project so you have a record of everything you said. The Library stores all our documents and handouts. I love the report section--last month the owner was starting a project to see what months was our best months for bookings. He said he was going to have to dig through Quickbooks for the information. I pointed out that the information was already in the Honeybooks!

Cons

The only thing have to say that is bad about this program is when there is an update of change. Opening up the program to do something and finding that things have changed with no notice is frustrating.

Jennifer

Love Honeybook!!

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

Customer service is prompt, attentive, and friendly. The program helps me manage all of my couples' needs efficiently and with ease from the first contact to follow up after their wedding ceremony.

Pros

Honeybook provides many tutorials to help you get the most out of the program. Setting it up is fairly simple and worth the effort for the ease of use in managing your clients and how much time you save when using the features such as email and contract templates and task management. I love having everything about my couples in one place - the contract, tasks, payments, all messages and any notes. Plus, I can see the details at a glance and love the ability to integrate my own pictures so my clients and I can all see the beautiful eye catching graphics of my choosing.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. I thought I liked my old program a few years ago, but when it went defunct and I had to change, I was so grateful I was forced into an upgrade. I did not know what I was missing. This program simplified the management of my business beyond what I thought was possible.

Amanda

Honeybook Makes Running a Business Less Time Consuming

Reviewed on 24/9/2018

Honeybook has saved me HOURS every week - which for me means more time with my family and less time in front of a screen. It's so easy to add projects and keep all communication in one place for reference, and the option to add files to each event keeps everything in one place which is GOLDEN.
On the back end we love the reporting function for taxes, tracking how we are doing and our goals.

I can't speak enough great things about Honeybook!

Pros

Honeybook does a great job about giving you the ability to customize your proposals, brochures, invoices and more. The calendar being linked to google is AWESOME and not having to track down late payments is great so I can focus on my client's and their goals.
They're constantly updating, adding and expanding the services which is nice as our business grows too.

Cons

There are some kinks, especially if trying to work it with a team of employees that are not the best and if you aren't careful can result in double coverage or gaps.
The timeline feature is helpful when it's not constantly freezing or crashing and is basic but when workings awesome!

Quickbook link - doesn't completely speak with Quickbooks so if you also link a bank account it will result in double entries and occasional mis-logs. For us it was easier to disconnect, fix the past and just compare moving forward.

Matt
  • Industry: Graphic Design

One of the best customer service relationship managers around!

Reviewed on 3/4/2020

We've been using them for a couple of years now and just recently moved our second business into the HB system. We're happy with the way things are and don't plan on changing anytime soon!

Pros

Honeybook has everything we need to run our two companies (and we use it for both). Support has been absolutely excellent, and we love how they're constantly adding new features and templates. HoneyBook is easy to use and they take security seriously, which we value.

Cons

They're stuck in the Stripe system for payments with zero other options. We run our businesses using PayPal and the lack of paymention options pales in comparison to a couple of the CRM competitors out there. The app could use with a UX/UI redesign for the new decade. It's easy to use, but could be much better.

Marian

I couldn't live without HoneyBook

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

I use Honeybook to communicate with my clients from day1, I use it to send proposals, service brochures, drafts of projects, invoices. I use it as my overall project management system to make sure I'm on top of everything and I use it manage my expenses.

Pros

HoneyBook saves me mountains of time by organizing all of my projects in one place, and allowing me to to track every detail of each project in an organized and easy way. This was the only system I could find that would allow me to communicate with clients, send proposals, attachments, contracts (that can be signed!), collect payments, track tasks and project phases, and manage all of my expenses in the same place. It's so intuitive and the HoneyBook team is incredibly available and helpful.

Cons

The ONLY things I dislike about the software are very minor. I wish that I could customize the project phases more, I wish that I had a live stop/start time tracking feature, I wish that I could customize the wording of my payment reminders, I wish that I could send an invoice from a proposal without duplicating the payment in the project (clients ask for that for their records), and I wish there was an iPad app.