HoneyBook

4.7/5

Jordyn
Jordyn
  • Industry: Cosmetics

How to keep organized while running a business

Reviewed on 15/5/2020

From the time my prospective clients contact me, throughout the booking process, automatic reminders of upcoming payments, clients being able to pay through honeybook, and even following up after my scheduled time with clients, Honeybook is my biggest tool.

Pros

Honeybook is essential to running my business and now that I've been a user for more than 2 years, I can't imagine not using it. As a photographer, it is important for me to keep all of my scheduling, contracting, payments, and details as organized as possible so that I don't miss a meeting, or special detail for a wedding or photo session. Every part of my business is streamlined now that I use Honeybook. Reporting on Honeybook is made very easy from being able to see what % I've booked based on the number of signed contracts, where most of my clients find me, and how much money in taxes I need to pay for the quarter. Additionally, Honeybook has an opportunity board where creatives can post about need for associates, styled photo sessions. Finally, if you refer 2 people per year to Honeybook, your cost for the entire year is covered.. can't beat that!

Cons

There are times when I donate photo sessions to non-profits and want to be able to send an invoice showing how much the session would have cost, then adding a discount to show a $0 invoice but there is not a way to send that without charging the invoice and refunding. I wish that I could do more on the mobile app, but new features are being added frequently.

Jessica

Your go-to, all-in-one CRM for small business!

Reviewed on 13/2/2022

Amazing, hands down!

Amazing, hands down!

Pros

Easy to use and so many features! The ability to go to one place AND have so many things automated is amazing!

Cons

There are little things that can be improved, but so does everything. I have voiced my suggestions to the HoneyBook team and they are passing the information along to try to improve my experience. Even without those being fixed, I still love HoneyBook.

Calendly and QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

Everything all in on spot was the big excitement for me!

Calendly and PayPal Invoicing

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I needed something easier for a non-bookkeeper/accountant but that I could still understand my business in. Plus, having everything in one place made it an easy decision!
Kathryn
  • Industry: Events Services

Tries to do a lot of things, but none of them are done very well

Reviewed on 17/9/2021

I felt like the app looked great and had great potential, but the clunky UI design left me frustrated. We had been using it for almost a year and still felt that something just wasn't clicking. We ended up moving away from Honeybook and chose another program that was more specific to our industry.

Pros

The look and feel of the app is very clean, love the ability to add images and customize the look and feel of contracts, flyers, brochures and more. Adding a custom form field to our website was easy to do. Automation feature seems nice, but we didn't really use it.

Cons

In contracts the most frustrating thing is that you can only add line items at the very bottom of the invoice. That means if you have a very long invoice and want to add a line to the top of the page, you have to add a line at the bottom and drag it all the way up to the top ( which is extremely tedious ). It wastes so much time that it made me wonder if we wasted more time trying to use this clunky app than just doing things the way we were used to in excel!

Stephanie

My favorite CRM ever

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

I've loved every minute! Even with the few things that I think could be improved on, I think their team is doing an amazing job!

Pros

The best part about HoneyBook is that I'm able to fully customize everything to match my brand's visuals. Everything about this CRM is easy to use. The support team is always incredible if you need help - they're seriously the best around. The community around HB is also amazing. I love how easy it is to go from an inquiry to a booked project with my automated workflows! The newer client portal feature is always a client favorite, too!

Cons

I would love to see a more flexible method for viewing pipelines and tasks. I prefer to view a Kanban-type of pipeline/workflow and tasks. I'd like to be able to click on a workflow and see how many clients/projects I have under it.

I also don't like that I can't charge for certain appointment types. I would love to use the scheduling feature for booking mini sessions or other items that I would charge for outside of weddings/brand sessions. It would also be great if certain appointment types could work as lead capture forms (i.e.: when an appointment is booked, a new inquiry is created).

For financial tracking, it would be nice to be able to create a recurring expense.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

HoneyBook was offering a lifetime membership at the time and I loved their user interface!

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

The community and support team.
Monica

I LOVE IT

Reviewed on 3/2/2021

The invoices are my favorite. I love being to bill clients through HB and not have to use a different program to do that. I get to keep EVERYTHING in one spot which actually saves me money. I don’t need a separate software for bookkeeping, calendars, workflow, etc. It’s ALL here. In one place. I’m obsessed. I can’t imagine not having HB.

Pros

Very user friendly, they offer so much! I love being able to track my expenses and schedule clients. I love the workflow feature, it’s so helpful. I REALLY love the fact that clients can pay you through the HB invoice. That’s probably the best part. Its awesome that they added a COVID-19 tool kit that shows you which clients are most likely to be affected. And then they have email templates that are COVID related. So many resources are provided, it’s like they actually care about us 🥺 💕 haha.
Highly recommend

Cons

The only thing that’s a little slow is the payment actually getting to my bank account. I’m not even sure if HB has anything to do with the time it takes, but I do wish it didn’t take 2 days to finally show up in my account. I wish there was an option to “instantly” transfer the funds for like a 1% fee. Like Venmo! That way if someone needs the money ASAP, they can instantly get it OR they can choose to wait the 1-2 business days to get the full payment. That would AMAZING

Jennifer
  • Industry: Photography

HoneyBook is the right CRM for you!

Reviewed on 23/1/2021

I love HoneyBook. I have looked at switching just because I’m interested in seeing what else is available & how they compare, but I think my loyalty & the overall satisfaction with HoneyBook will keep me here!

Pros

HoneyBook just overall has so many great features that will help you run & maintain your business every day. During the onset of Covid & with so many of us experiencing cancellations & such, they were the only CRM I knew of that rolled out any help with legal documents to help you convey the right words to your clients to not only help you stay level headed & in charge of your business, but also helped your clients realize that cancelling should be a last resort & that we business owners are here for them!
I am also a big fan of most all of the templates that they provide for you to help set your business up for success! Aaaand in the Winter, I love the little Snowman icon that sips hot cocoa & makes the computer screen be a wintery scene. Adorable!
HoneyBook is very easy to use, & their customer service & tech departments are da bomb!

Cons

The only things I wish that HoneyBook would improve on the most would be trying different variations with the project pipeline, with adding more availability or being able to choose between pipelines for different project types, & working out some kinks with the scheduling system between what we intend for clients to see in availability & what they actually see; & for the client to be able to go in & change their selection of date & time immediately afterwards & up to half an hour later.

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

The hype & the partnership to the Rising Tide Society.
Alyssa
  • Industry: Design

Using HoneyBook is like having a personal sales assistant helping me run my business 24/7

Reviewed on 1/9/2020

Wow, just keeping everything in one place for my business and the way HoneyBook automatically saves everything that I've been working on has been absolutely transformational. I feel like HoneyBook is 5-10 apps all in one. I also like your customer support and the overall vibe of your company that I get from using your product. I feel like you truly care about your customers :) Also, I'm currently on the $1 per month plan for 6 months. Keep offering that, because that is what made me commit to HoneyBook!

Also, your pre-written proposal legal contract is AMAZING! So professional and easy to customize.

Pros

Honeybook is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Luckily, I started using it when I began my business, so I didn't need to transfer any existing CRM or sales data over. When I was onboarding, HoneyBook's support staff loaded in a bunch of pre-designed templates specific to my industry. They also took images I sent them of my products and prices and turned them into usable sales proposals. That alone has saved me WEEKS of time that I would have had to spend learning how to use HoneyBook and manually inputting my content.

Cons

The time tracker does not function to the extent that I need it to. I currently use Time Doctor to track my time, but it would be nice if I could keep everything in HoneyBook.

Also, I oftentimes don't see my reminders for following up with "tasks" for clients in my projects pipeline. If there's a way to have those notifications automatically sync with my personal google calendar and send me an email reminder, that would be helpful. Pipedrive's CRM and sales pipeline does a really great job of showing urgent prospects to follow up with. I think it color-codes them too.

Also, the email feature within HoneyBook can be a bit confusing. Sometimes, I can't tell if an email sent or not. The notes are also not displayed in a way that's very easy to read. It would be nice to add bullets, bold text, underline, etc. Pipedrive does a really great job of showing all of the email threads and notes between clients and multiple team members in their CRM.

Also, the first time I sent an invoice, HoneyBook automatically included a place for gratuity/tip. I've now figured out how to turn that setting off, but I couldn't see that it was automatically included in my invoice ahead of time. With my business (and I think most), they will never need gratuity, so I think that's kind of an odd setting. Maybe instead of having to click and review the settings in the left side bar of invoices, there could be an extra prompt to review those settings before the user sends the proposal to their client.

Jira, Pipedrive, Proposify, Ignition, HubSpot CRM and Qwilr

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Price, ease of use, everything being in one place, support staff to help with onboarding, good UX and UI.
Leigh Ann

Powerful, Intuitive Tool

Reviewed on 29/5/2020

When we were starting up our business, an event venue, I was going nuts comparing the different CRM software. When you haven't actually used them, you don't know which will work best for you. Another venue owner told me she used HoneyBook. I had learned a lot from her, and finally decided that if she thought HoneyBook was good, it probably was and I'd just go for that. Best decision ever!

Pros

I love the pipeline, where each client's project is categorized by stage (new inquiry, tour scheduled, proposal signed, etc.). I can pull up all clients who are in the "Planning" stage of the pipeline, for example.

Under each client's project is absolutely everything related to their project: all emails exchanged, contracts, payment schedule, separate workspaces with vendors who will be working on the project, and more. I have templates for emails and have them sent automatically. One goes out when we receive an inquiry, a different one 5 days after client signs the contract, and another 30 days before their event date. There are also templates for brochures, contracts, and payment plans. I can't imagine having to do all of that manually!

I set the system up for my business with no outside assistance. It was easy to understand.

Cons

Would like to have more ability to make formatting changes (bullets, numbering, bold, etc.) when editing a document. I can do this on a new document, but not when editing an existing one.
Workflows could be improved to have more triggers and the ability to automatically send files.

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

It was recommended by another business owner who I trusted.

Response from HoneyBook

Hi Leigh Ann,

Thanks for your feedback. It's helpful to know where we can improve. We're in the process of building in more formatting customizations right now, as well as new triggers within workflows to help you automate tasks on a more real-time basis. Stay tuned!

Shelbye
  • Industry: Entertainment

The easiest way to get paid fast!

Reviewed on 29/1/2020

My overall experience has been very pleasant! The customer service is always very helpful and the little frustrations of working with a start up or nothing compared to the benefit that it’s given our business in the past two years!

Pros

1.Template building for sure. Not having to hand customize every single contract has saved so much time.
2. The fact that, in the wedding industry, it is heavily female dominant.... which means a lot of us are moms.... which means that this app allowed me to take care of critical work while on my phone. THAT is a lifesaver with kiddos. If you know you know!
3. The time between sending a proposal and getting paid (depending on how ready to book a client was) was minutes at most. I’d get live feedback when they opened the file, signed the contract, and made a payment. I never had to guess.
4. Customer service was great!!! They actively ask for feedback from their customers and even go granular with their questions so they can consider the nuances of each client’s industry!

Cons

1. The email communication side of the app is very hit or miss. Where they soar with sending files and making payments a BREEZE, the ability to create a streamlined, semi-automated Follow-up process for leads that come in is sorely lacking. Even if HoneyBook never intends to be the best at that portion of sales, I feel it is a simple task to add a feature that makes it easy to add tags to leads so that you can export those contacts to a service that DOES soar in email communication and lead nurturing.
2. There is still a lot of room for more organization in the communication process from sales to project completion.

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

After looking into many different options (I don’t even remember all of them) we chose HoneyBook because of: 1. It’s UX design. It was very easy to navigate and use for both us as the admins and the customer. 2. The process of receiving payments was so simple. 3. The template creation which eliminated customizing every single contract manually. 4. The app!
Victoria
Victoria

One stop project management

Reviewed on 13/6/2022

It's been pretty great for me. I'm runing a freelance business with just myself and it provides all the tools I need to give my clients options on my services and get them booked.

Pros

Honeybook is easy to use, customizable and easy for my clients to use as well. I like the projet portals so everything is there for my clients, emails go directly to them. Invoicing is easy and provides my clients with a clear concise copy for their records.

Cons

Sometimes editing things for a client when they don't like it is more difficult such as payment dates or legal terms if you include the contract with the invoice in the proposal template.

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

The price was better. My trial period went well and I understood the video tutorials and how to work everything the first time thorugh so I didn't see a need to switch.
Abigail

HoneyBook is amazing!

Reviewed on 4/11/2019

It’s been great!! Any time I’ve had an issue it’s been resolved quickly. I do find that asking a question in the group & getting a personal email is rather annoying. I specifically ask in Facebook for a reason - so when I get an email I usually don’t see it right away whereas I’m looking for a notification or other users experiences.

Pros

User friendly for both myself and my clients, ease of set up (love that they do most of the upload work & it’s easily changeable!), the community it’s created, & the “opportunities” section.

Cons

1. I wish there was more internal automation, like the workflow applied just sent out the emails and not prompted me to act.
2. While “linked” with Calendly, it’s not linked in the correct way. I wish when someone signed up for a slot in Calendly, it could generate an automatic proposal that I could look over before sending, or sent automatically. When adding my “Calendly link” to a honeybook email, the link always fails. I don’t use Calendly enough to have this be a major issue, just a nuisance.
3. More flexibility in personal branding & branding the contact form. I don’t currently use the form on my site because of this.

Response from HoneyBook

Thank you for being a member Abigail! I know you will be excited about some upcoming functionality we'll be releasing in early 2020! I'll be sure to share your feedback with the product team.

Janelle
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Organize My Squirrel Brain

Reviewed on 9/8/2020

Pros

Everyone kept telling me, "Honeybook is great, but there's a learning curve." So I was a little intimidated. They were wrong, I could jump in face first and start using it exclusively immediately. Even in the middle of a terrible time for my little business, I will pull all the strings I can find to be able to afford Honeybook. It's easy for me, easy for my clients and keeps me focused. It saves me time and energy and thats the most important thing!

Cons

The only thing I'm having issues with right now is making a brochure. It probably user error, but I wish it there more extensive editing capabilities within the brochure making operation. I will play around with it some more though.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

Honeybook had more features to help me stay organized, email integration etc.

Dropbox Sign

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I got a referral code and everyone kept telling me how great the customer service was.
Sarah
  • Industry: Photography

Definitely a game changer!

Reviewed on 1/10/2020

Pros

I love how organized I feel using this product - I can see at a glance where I am in the process with all of my clients and it is amazing to pull up all the correspondence with each client in one place. It has made a world of difference and I am beyond happy with it!

Cons

The thing I like least is the limitation when building templates for contracts, proposals, questionnaires, etc. - I am in the business of photography and delivering beautiful images is what sets my soul on fire! I wish I could add some of my images into some of my documents and have full control over the size and their location in the document. The way it is set up right now is a square crop on any image which can only be left, center, and right page. Dubsado has the leg up on Honeybook in that regard but otherwise I am totally happy with Honeybook.

Dubsado and Pixieset

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

Interface appearance, cost of the software.

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Pixieset does not yet have a CRM option - although it sounds like it's in the works. It ultimately came down to price when I decided to go with Honeybook - they had a really good deal for the first year.
Taylann
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best business decision!

Reviewed on 30/7/2022

Incredible. I can't see us using any other program.

Incredible. I can't see us using any other program.

Pros

Integration with gmail for scheduling, payment processing and mobile app! Also, how easy it is to use and how it maximizes the client experience.

Cons

For our industry, it is lacking an edidable document such as a BEO or Event Details Sheet - I wish this type of document would be an option.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

Smaller company management and better fit for our current business.

Caterease

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Mobile app and integration with Gmail for scheduling tool.
Ariel

Honeybook is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 25/5/2022

My overall experience with Honeybook has been incredible. I use the program for contract, invoices, payment processing, reports, automations, client contact, calendars, questionnaires, and so much more!

Pros

What I love most about Honeybook is that most of my business needs can be handled through them! Aside from client galleries- it’s all done here on Honeybook. The program is organized, intuitive, and includes so many features! It’s easy to learn and use. I can’t imagine running my business without it!

Cons

I have no cons. This meets and exceeds all expectations that I would have for a CRM.

Dubsado and Pixieset

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

I made the switch from my previous CRM due to countless recommendations from others in my field. After my trial, I was hooked!

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Honeybook is so much more user friendly and easy to use!
Charlene
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Keeping it all together!

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

I have loved Honeybook since I first downloaded it...Customizing everything was easy and FUN! Any time i had questions customer service was super fast and nice...which makes everything easier!

Pros

I love that all my projects are in one space, and organized so I can see where I am with what at what time...with just a click!

Cons

I don't have a con...Although it is worth each penny that they charge, it is hard justifying when business stopped bc of a virus (which shall not be named lol) I wanted to keep it to keep everything together but could not when even communication stopped with clients for a while.

Natasha
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Natasha Rae Artistry Review

Reviewed on 2/3/2022

Very user friendly

Very user friendly

Pros

Streamlines workflow, templates are either already perfectly set up, or if not, so easy to make changes.

Cons

Con mentioned in previous question when asked how can you improve

Dave

I wish I had found HoneyBook sooner.

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

I can easily set up meetings, send proposals, get signatures and create subscriptions to my agency services.

Pros

HoneyBook has the features I need to run my small digital agency. I shopped around and paid too much for other systems which was frustrating. HoneyBook fits perfectly with my agency's sales flow.

Cons

Because I was migrating from another system with many existing clients, onboarding was challenging. I would like to have had a personal and live onboarding session with specific advice on how best to set things up. It took a while to find the optimal use for brochures, proposals, invoices etc...

monday.com, Asana and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

HubSpot is expensive. It did work well, but they don't offer a price point for small businesses. A friend recommended

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

The value. Great features at the right price for my agency.
Alicia
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

An All in One Platform for Automatic Workflows

Reviewed on 31/3/2023

This is one of the best automatic workflow systems I have used. Perfect for maintaining contracts and setting up auto-billing. I love that it reminds you when you have new leads so that you remember to follow up. This is perfect for running my business.

Pros

This is a great tool for sending invoices, signing contracts, booking and scheduling appointments, tracking inquiries, managing projects, accepting payments, and sending forms. It is incredibly easy and fast to set up and use, this is a really powerful tool.

Cons

I have no complaints except that the proof reading capability could be enhanced in the platform and/or translation options available.

Square Online and Basecamp

PandaDoc
Javier
  • Industry: Entertainment

Makes your Creative business Look 👀 and run like a champ!

Reviewed on 25/4/2020

I was able to put different packages together with pricing that reflects the complexity of the events, such as weddings or corporate events that require more interaction with the client's for planing and venue walk-thru’s which will require more of my time to finalize the bookkeeping side of things simpler. Less complicated events are priced lower allowing me to book more events based on The amount of time I spend with the client versus actually the work that needs to be done giving me more time being creative and last time running the business.

Pros

I have been with HoneyBook since it’s inception, I was fortunate enough to be one of the founding fathers. In the beginning, what attracted me about the platform was the ability to focus on getting my clients booked quickly by keeping everything in one spot through the iOS app or web-based interface and it has been relatively easy for them to use as well. They were already an amazing company with an outstanding product, and with each update they release, they continue to exceed my expectations and help me run my business on the go by making the complicated tasks seem quick and easy. BEST INVESTMENT EVER!! Thank you so much for bringing me and my entertainment company to the 21st century!!!

Cons

Definitely Would like to see a review questionnaire or rating system with an HTML generator plugin that could be used to post on my website or google ad. Updated training videos for the new features.

Morgan

Great platform

Reviewed on 14/1/2019

Love them and will always recommend them when I can.

Love them and will always recommend them when I can.

Pros

I love that it makes everything so easy. you can send out your contracts, you can send out your emails, you can set reminders that will tell you when things are due you can send out invoices. If someone enters in their information through the contact page that honey but provides they put everything into the system for you that the client has provided to sell the name the email address all of that making it that much more easy for you . I also really love the customer service everyone is very professional and helpful and they go out of their way to make you feel taken care of. it’s also very easy to understand. It makes you look very professional as a business owner I highly recommend Honey Book

Cons

Honestly there’s not really a whole lot of cons the only one that I can think of is that the mobile app is not as interactive as if you were using a computer or laptop but honey book constantly works on improving things so I’m sure that in the future it will be fully interactive from your phone where you can check on things like bookkeeping and Send out contacts faster. So for me it’s not really a con just something to be aware of other than that I really honestly can’t really think of any cons.

Amanda

Honeybook Makes Running a Business Less Time Consuming

Reviewed on 24/9/2018

Honeybook has saved me HOURS every week - which for me means more time with my family and less time in front of a screen. It's so easy to add projects and keep all communication in one place for reference, and the option to add files to each event keeps everything in one place which is GOLDEN.
On the back end we love the reporting function for taxes, tracking how we are doing and our goals.

I can't speak enough great things about Honeybook!

Pros

Honeybook does a great job about giving you the ability to customize your proposals, brochures, invoices and more. The calendar being linked to google is AWESOME and not having to track down late payments is great so I can focus on my client's and their goals.
They're constantly updating, adding and expanding the services which is nice as our business grows too.

Cons

There are some kinks, especially if trying to work it with a team of employees that are not the best and if you aren't careful can result in double coverage or gaps.
The timeline feature is helpful when it's not constantly freezing or crashing and is basic but when workings awesome!

Quickbook link - doesn't completely speak with Quickbooks so if you also link a bank account it will result in double entries and occasional mis-logs. For us it was easier to disconnect, fix the past and just compare moving forward.

Marek
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

HoneyBook Review

Reviewed on 22/5/2023

Overall, my experience with HoneyBook was positive. The platform streamlined my client management processes and helped me stay organized and efficient. The ability to centralize all client interactions, from initial inquiry to final payment, in one place was a game-changer. The platform's user-friendly interface and customizable templates allowed me to create professional proposals and streamline my workflow. While the reporting and analytics capabilities were somewhat limited, the overall experience with HoneyBook was excellent, empowering me to deliver a seamless client experience and grow my business effectively.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about HoneyBook was its all-in-one platform for managing client interactions and business processes. The ability to streamline and automate tasks such as client communication, project management, invoicing, and contracts was incredibly valuable. The intuitive interface and customizable templates made it easy to create professional-looking proposals and streamline my workflow. Additionally, the collaborative features, such as the ability to share files and communicate with clients in real-time, enhanced the overall client experience.

Cons

While HoneyBook had many positive aspects, one thing I liked least was the limited reporting and analytics capabilities. The platform provided basic insights into my business metrics, such as income and project status, but I would have appreciated more in-depth reporting and analytics features. It would be beneficial to have access to more comprehensive data and visualizations to gain a deeper understanding of my business performance and make data-driven decisions.

Paige
Paige

Not User Friendly - Difficult Learning Curve

Reviewed on 7/6/2018

Pros

Keeps contracts in one place, able to accept credit cards. You can network with other vendors, and they seem to really concentrate more on this than actually developing software that works well.

Cons

I am a "founding" Honeybook user and bought the lifetime membership. At first, HB was very convenient. The learning curve was very frustrating as the online software had many MANY bugs. It still does. The entire premise behind the software was to free up your time, have all your projects in one place, sign contract, get paid, etc. Yes, great idea! However, the software has so many glitches! You're not able to even edit a person in your contacts. Their customer support team used to be great you could actually message a real person - now you have to wait a day or two to get an email answer and most of the time they just send you a link to deal with your problem. Once you email your client the contract, everything goes down the Honeybook "rabbit hole". My clients are tech savvy and they can't even figure out Honeybook - the emails that I've received from frustrated clients is numerous. Save your time and money and get another online software that will actually do the job - like Sprout Studio or Dubsado. Wish I would have done that from the beginning. Regretting my purchase since my lifetime "membership" isn't transferrable and Honeybook continues to make money off of me by accepting credit card payments. I looked at 17hats, which also didn't have great reviews before I purchased Honeybook. Moving on, however, I'm assuming that the process will not be easy transferring existing contracts and other office files.

Laura
  • Industry: Design

Excellent platform for making my design business both faster and look more professional with...

Reviewed on 23/4/2018

I got my life back and my business is doing better than ever!

I got my life back and my business is doing better than ever!

Pros

So I was stuck spending tons of time neglecting friends and family trying to make ends meet with my freelance design business. One day I said enough is enough so I went out and tried a lot of all-in-one software products for people like me.

I tried out 17hats. It was buggy and missing some key features. I tried Dubsado and their platform was minimal and just didn't "flow" with my creative business style.

After a couple other platforms, I gave HoneyBook a try as a friend said they loved it and wow did it fit like a glove. It took a little time to get it fully ready to mesh with my business, but this is the real deal. I get paid faster, clients are signing up for more and more projects and having a one stop shop to run my business versus going between a bunch of free products like spreadsheets, email, invoicing ... I def recommend this to anyone looking to take their creative business to the next level.

Cons

no cons really, only thing I could have done was sign up for this sooner and really focus on spending the 2-3 hours getting my business plugged into HoneyBook as soon as possible