GanttPRO

Online Gantt chart software for project management

4.7 /5 (207 reviews) Write a Review!

Maria j. J.
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Really useful product which makes my work much easier

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

Pros

It just keep it simple. Even if you are not super technological, it will be so intuitive to work with. I really recommend to people who need to be organized. At my work this is critical than I was looking for some tool like this one.

Cons

I would like to find a short video explaining how to deal with the bars for the time. But you can book a demo, so it is fixed.

Response from GanttPRO

Maria, hi! We are glad to see such a profound feedback. If you have questions, you can always contact us at [email protected] or in the live chat on the site. Have a good day!

Alexandr A.

Impressions after migration to GanttPro

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Pros

First of all, I was impressed, that it has intuitive interface and I could start work without additional help. Second, After creation of tasks, I can easy see it on timeline. Before we used Trello, and developers track time inside the card. But here it was a bonus, that I can fill in the cost of hour for every team member and see not only the time, but all cost of task and project at all. I don't need to calculate it manual.

Cons

Sometimes after changing any parameters in the task it didn't save. But it was on start, now I know, how to do it correct.

Response from GanttPRO

Alexandr, thank you for the positive review. If you will have any questions, feel free to contact GanttPRO support center.

Rihan M.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

User-friendly. Once you use this, you ain't going back!!

Reviewed on 26/8/2020

Pros

I like the elegant dashboard. I know what next to do, which project is involved - on the daily workday. Accordingly, I can plan my schedule. I get a sense of satisfaction as I'm already aware that the tasks lined up for me in the coming days.

Cons

The overall bar span. Sometimes i wish i could set a limit on the overall span and then according to it i can do my planning for the sub activities!! Here i have to set the small activities and then reach a overall bar span only to know that i have exceeded than what i should have. That's the only one.

Giuseppe L.

At least, a platform that truly supports me in my daily work

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

I appreciate the way the software follows my daily work. It give me and the entire team the possibility to stay up to date about the work we all are doing. Everyone knows what project and task other teammate are working on and this way we can relate better each other.

Pros

I like the extremely-simple dashboard. I know what to do, which project is involved in the daily workday and its overall status, and so I can organize my job better. When I come back home in the evening I'm more relaxed because I already know the work I have to do the next day.

Cons

I would prefer the time log section with a "start/stop" feature.
Today, I necessarily have to insert manually the start time and the end time. On the other hand, if a "start/stop" feature were implemented, I just had to push the button "start" and forget it until the end of my task.

Response from GanttPRO

Giuseppe, thank you for the review and for using GanttPRO. We would like to pay your attention that the time task tracker has a timer option. It means you can start/stop logging your working time whenever you want.

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Ambre J.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Useful tool to follow up on a project

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Great tool to follow up on your project and now when you are overdue. The timeline option is great and mostly the dependencies. You can use it for multiple projects in the same space and allocate team users to it so it is easy to use it in a collaborative way. If you want to use it only on your own, it is not mandatory to allocate team members to it. Dependencies allows you to measure the whole impact when things get delays (which always happen) and mostly, to get an overall view on one project, which is sometimes hard to get when you are in between multiple files and streams !
Took a bit of time to understand how that work, but once you get confortable with it, it really allows you to do great things !

Cons

Response from GanttPRO

Ambre, thanks for using our application. If you'll have any difficulties, please, contact us in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

Libby P.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Very impressed

Reviewed on 12/4/2020

Very satisfied. It was simple to input, add and adjust tasks and looked very visually attractive.

Pros

The visualization of project timelines and plans was made very simple with this tool. As well as being able to create a clear plan with start and finish dates, duration, assignment of tasks and more, the project timeline it produces was so visually appealing. Another aspect I liked which I had not seen before in my experience with other project planning software- one can add attachments to individual tasks to lead users to relevant information/links/guidelines to complete the task.

Cons

This software could be improved by the incorporation of relationships and drivers between individual tasks, so that one could see start-to-finish, start-start etc. relationships between tasks to effectively identify what tasks are driving the project completion.

Response from GanttPRO

Libby, thanks for the positive feedback and for using the app. I would like to pay your attention that you can create dependencies and indicate its type in the task settings. All the changes will be immediately visible on the chart.
If you have some questions, please, contact us in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ. Have a good day!

Sahar M.

Keeps me on track

Reviewed on 13/4/2019

I've come across GanttPRO when looking for a software to keep me on track for my thesis project and so far it has great! It's easy to use and has great tools all in one place.

Pros

It's super easy to use (drag and drop tasks into the order you need them) and I love the fact that tasks can be color-coded. Another nifty feature is the ability to create links between tasks and thus create a sequence that automatically gets adjusted if a previous task is changed. One other benefit is the option to create a public link to share the chart with someone else — this has come in very handy when discussing my progress with my thesis adviser (without having to sign up for an account).

Cons

I wish some other features could be deactivated, for example, I have no collaborators for a certain project, therefore there is no need to assign the task to someone — the should automatically be assigned to the project owner in this case.

Patrick T.
  • Industry: Research
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

A tool to help with the overwhelm

Reviewed on 1/1/2020

Pros

I was hired to replace a research coordinator at my university. The project was at its start-up phase and multiple tasks and milestones were running in parallel. I knew what a Gantt chart was, but was looking for a friendly interface that would just let me dive in. I tried LucidChart. I tried Microsoft Project. They worked, but I found myself needing to stop and figure out how to do what I wanted to do with my chart. GanttPRO is by far the easiest interface because it does "one" thing: Gantt charts, and it does it extremely well.

Cons

There isn't a button to pop out the chart in a separate window. Given that it works on browers, working on the chart itself and working with the table version of the chart simultaneously is difficult if you don't open a new instance in a separate window. I usually place the table in its own separate monitor and then the chart in the other. You can do it but it's not that easy to figure out. I wish there were a button to pop it out into another window (ala gmail).

Another suggestion, if you can even do this on a browser, is to be able to multiple select a range of tasks that would be copied and pasted. You can do this now, but it's either a single task or the entire subtask list.

Barbora N.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Good software. Easy to understand and easy to use.

Reviewed on 17/5/2018

Pros

I liked that the software was user friendly and easy to navigate. Within 10 minutes I knew how the software works and I created a good solid project plan in no time. Its very easy to create dependencies between tasks as well as to create subtasks. I like that you can import existing project plans as well as you can use software's templates as basis for your plan. You can also export your plan as pdf or image but you need to pay subscription fee for this. You can give access to multiple users which is very useful.

Cons

There was one thing in particular that I didnt like, when you're creating dependencies your tasks get linked. However I wish I could adjust the shape of the arrow in order to make it more visually pleasing. I found this an issue when I was adding in many dependencies and there were lines everywhere and not necessary shown in the easiest way to understand them. I know in MS Visio you can adjust this so it would be useful to introduce this feature here as well.

Robin C.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great app, easy to access and lots of functionality

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

I use it at the proposal stage, for planning and presentation, then for tracking progress during the job.

Pros

It's easy to get to, quick to start and easy to use. The data stays in my database and there is very good undelete functionality. It has plenty of functionality for what I need. In fact many of the features I probably won't use. I use the Gantt chart features mainly for scoping timelines and for presentation at the proposal stage and then for tracking % complete during the project.

Cons

Can be a bit slow to refresh sometimes.
Labels on the bars get truncated.
Exporting to a PNG is easy but the file is a bit low resolution. No apparent way to change the resolution.
More costing functionality.

• Industry: Research
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great tool for Gantt Charts!!

Reviewed on 16/5/2019

Pros

GanttPro is an online tool – no need to install software. It has an intuitive user interface that allows you to easily create and edit Gantt charts (tasks, milestones, dependencies between the tasks).
It also has features for easy collaborating within a working team. A nice feature is that you can create a public link to share the chart with others. Moreover, it offers a usable feature for resource management, the cost per resource can be assigned calculating automatically the cost of the projects.

Cons

So far I have not noticed any Cons for my needs. Maybe the possibility to pay per month.

John C.

Gantt Chart for Student Projects

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

Pros

GanttPro is very intuitive and features a very helpful UI to help you get started fast. For a school project I was able to very easily implement all data and track out the timeline. GanttPro makes it extremely simple to upload and organize everything from initial projects to product roll outs.

Cons

The software has many pre made templates, however design was not one of them. So I had to create one from a blank document. However this process was very easy and I was done before I knew it.

Kristian H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Its a great platform to plan the projects. Have been using it for various project.

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

Planning of projects

Pros

Easy to use. With user freandly interface. Great when preparing plan, change it and later follow the process.

Cons

Some problems when exporting to pdf. Need to change file name to open it. Also problems with seting the dinal view of exported chart.
Would be good to implement cost predictions.

Response from XB Software

We appreciate your review, Kristian. We've already fixed the specified moments, thank you. We hope you enjoy your project management with GanttPRO

Josefin A.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great!

Reviewed on 29/9/2020

Pros

I liked ganttPro because it was easy to use and it allows to see the bigger picture of the projectplannnig. You can see who do what task, what the cost will be, how many people who is in the project. You can also see subprojects and what you have to do before you can start the next task. Or if you can start a new project in parallel with an already on-going task. I don't miss a thing in this. It is absolutley lifesaving for at student like me. So you easely see what the next step is in your project.

Cons

I want an easier way to put in the time in every task. But it's maybe my problem, that I don't understand how you do it in the best way.

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you for the positive feedback, Josefin!

If you have any questions about GanttPRO exploitation, please, contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected]

Have a nice day!

• Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Nice Temeline Software

Reviewed on 23/3/2019

I'll keep using this software, but hope the sophistication of dependencies gets improved.

Pros

Gantt Pro makes it easy to quickly build timeliness and share them with team members.

Cons

Dependencies are unpredictable and limited. It's easy to set up most simple dependencies, but many dependencies don't work and it gets frustrating. Because of this, identifying the critical path for a project is mostly manual.

Agnes B.
  • Industry: Media Production

Excellent!

Reviewed on 17/9/2020

It has been very helpful during my assignment in my project. GantPRO has been my savior during my project. Now I can continue to plan my studies and projects in a very effective way!

Pros

I am currently working on a project in a class of process management, which requires us to create a Ganttchart. It is important to track the cost per person in the project, and that is very easy to do with GanttPRO .

Cons

If I have to say something, it would probably be the fact that it is complicated to undo something that you did wrongly. But other than that I think it works just fine.

Response from GanttPRO

Agnes, we are glad to see such a positive review. Thanks! Also, we want to tell you that in GanttPRO, it is possible to undo steps in the project. For further information, check out our FAQ, contact us in the live chat on the site, or email us at [email protected]

Have a nice day!

Shixuan L.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best Project Management Tool Ever!!!

Reviewed on 18/1/2021

I am using GanttPRO for many heavy project managements and homework & project timeline and collaboration managements. The cooperation with my teammates are really pleasure and I can see and manage my projects easily.

Pros

I really enjoy the project management UI design. The visually clear and easy-to-use features in defining projects and collaborations are very helpful.

Cons

So far nothing.

Response from GanttPRO

Shixuan, thanks for the nice feedback. We work hard to improve our product.

Nandini S.

Very intuitive software that covers all project life cycle

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

This is a very robust software that can easily become an all-in-one PM tool: from task assignment and resource management to team collaboration and time logging. The interface is super intuitive.

Pros

I like how easy it is to work with task: assign them, see all the information I need in order to complete it including comments, files, description, start and end dates, assignees, deadlines, creators. The timeline is greatly visualized so my team didn’t ask me a single question. They just start working on tasks right away. Also, I like resource workload that helps me see how my team is loaded with tasks and how much time I can rely on. By the way, I just found out the Time log feature. Works well for me.

Cons

We do not manage our projects outside the office. However, the lack of mobile apps surprised me. This can significantly increase the number of users.

Deniss A.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Perfect assistance for my Postgraduate diploma

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

Pros

I used GanttPRO for creating Gant Chart for my digital marketing strategy as part of the thesis. The service is amazing. It allows you to connect many people who can work simultaneously on the project, you can easily adjust the timeframes, set up the estimated time for every single activity, categorize them and have a broad overview of workload for every assignee to the project in any specific time.

Cons

*At some points there was a delay in savings and i had to repeat filling the settings to specific task.
*When you stretch the time for specific task, the estimated time for the task also stretches (which was not true in my case)

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great for project management

Reviewed on 18/4/2019

I am enrolled in a Systems Analysis class and this really helped me and my teammates get all of our tasks in order. Overall a very useful software and the most popular option on the market.

Pros

I love the ability to color code sections.

Cons

I wish that each task did not need to be under a specific task header. For example we had a section for app development where the only task underneath it was app development so it introduced a bit of redundancy. I think it would also be nice to change the size of milestone diamonds. I also think there should be an undo button because the history section I had to click 5 times just to undo a small change.

Anton K.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

GanntPRO Review

Reviewed on 15/5/2019

Pros

The ease in which you can develop complicated charts and the ease in which both sharing and exporting these can happen

Cons

Slight difficulty in creating the critical path with the provided lines. They seemingly loop back, but this is only a visual element.

Jorge F.

A quick and easy to use Gantt tool.

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

Better project planning and efficiency

Pros

Ability to drag and expand the tasks, assign people and costs. Easy to handle multiple projects and to delay tasks that are linked.

Cons

Giant projects can get complicated to visualize and manipulate. Sometimes the javascript for the drag and drop freezes and you have to reload.

Response from XB Software

Jorge, we do our best to improve GanttPRO performance. We are glad to hear that you found GanttPRO features useful for your projects.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Very intuitive user interface

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

I am using GanttPRO to manage my masters thesis project and keep on top of all the meetings and deadlines etc.

Pros

I was quickly drawn to the intuitiveness of the user interface of GanttPRO. This tool has helped me plan my masters thesis throughout the semester. This was especially helpful because of the tool that allows us to priorities tasks. I also found different color schemed task bars to be very helpful as you can differentiate tasks in a more graphical way.

Cons

The downside of any high-level user interface is that we lose control of changing minor settings. For instance, I prefer to keep my dates in the gantt chart as months and days and I do not want the year as my project does not span across two years.

Daniel B.

The best online Gantt tool. I tried all of them, this is the best.

Reviewed on 13/4/2018

Pros

Most important feature for me is that you're able to edit the same document with multiple users at the same time and the changes automatically sync. None of the other Gantt tools can do that and I tried all of them.
All other features that you would expect from a Gantt program are there and easy/obvious to use (dependencies, automatic scheduling, etc).
Exports to PDF look great for presenting to client.

Cons

It is very expensive. You have to purchase a minimum of 5 user licenses even if you don't use all of them.

Response from XB Software

Daniel, if you work alone, you can purchase Essential plan that is designed for 1 user. Thus you pay less. But if you work in a team and it consists of less than 5 people, you can always write us and discuss this issue - we are open for all kinds of collaboration.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

Quick and easy solution to create and manage Gantt charts

Reviewed on 10/3/2021

We created a Gantt chart to clearly plot the tasks that could be completed in parallel or sequentially. It also helped us manage the tasks for each member.

Pros

The Gantt charts and very dynamic and update themselves as you slide a certain task or milestone. You can easily allocate and assign tasks to members in the team which becomes clearly visible on your charts if you choose to use a color code for each member.

Cons

Trying to print the Gantt chart at a correct aspect ratio was a problem since our chart was fairly large and we wanted to fit it on a custom sized paper but were unable to do it. But this could have been due to our lack of experience with the software.

Response from GanttPRO

Thanks for the nice feedback! Please, always feel free to contact us in case you have any questions.