Docparser

Document processing & data extraction software

4.6/5

Best Support

Reviewed on 14/5/2020

Pulling out information from recurring emails.

Pulling out information from recurring emails.

Pros

The software is super easy to use, but their customer support is top-notch. They will actually build parsing rules for you.

Cons

I wish there were more templates but otherwise no complaints.

Dion

Sales Director

Reviewed on 18/4/2023

Pros

Docparser was a surprise finding, having used a number of capture technologies for many years. Our engineers took to it easily and we have implemented it for a number clients and it has proven to be equivalent to any enterprise capture tool in the market. Very happy. Highly recommended.

Cons

Not local partner manager in Australia. Would be good to have a direct sales engagement. Having said that remote support is very responsive and easy to navigate.

Response from Docparser

Hi Dion, thank you for your review! We recently added a new sales team that offers direct sales engagement. They are available for demos, meetings, and discussions.

• Industry: Accounting

It works only in specific cases

Reviewed on 25/6/2021

It's a bit tricky sometimes to use it but it saves some time when it comes to entering big documents. Also you need to consider if its worth it to enter some information with the software because uploading can take more time than entering manually sometimes

Pros

It really helps when it comes to entering big amounts of information for a document.

Cons

In some documents, it does not work really well, and sometimes create a new template is a bit annoying. but once you have its really helpful

Mike
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

DocParser Rocks!

Reviewed on 25/4/2019

We are using the email feature with a purchase order pdf file that is sent to DocParser, the document is parsed and connected to a webhook that triggers a Node Red flow and automatically creates customer orders. The technical support has been awesome. Each time I ask for assistance, the response from technical support is usually within a few hours, which is very acceptable.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to connect to DocParser to webhooks and node.js has been very beneficial for us. Having the ability to parse documents multiple times has helped us set up and adjust the parsing rules. The software is solid and very accurate.

Cons

There is an occasional instance where a parsing rule cannot determine the field and value on the document that needs to be parsed. Most of the time this is due to the scanning of the pdf file and quality of the scanned document.

Clever PDF parsing

Reviewed on 10/5/2019

I'm using Docparser to extract addresses, dates, and rows of costs and refunds from receipts. The data is processed by Zapier and forwarded to Google Sheets. This allows me to have automatically updated pivot table reports available in the Sheet. IFTTT watches the Sheet and sends a push notification to my phone when new data is available.

Pros

First of all, the ability to extract data with variable text position seems like a small detail, but is actually a huge time saver if your source documents are not laid out exactly the same every time. In another parsing service I had to painstakingly create multiple parsing templates just to accommodate unexpected lines of text appearing above the content I want to extract.

Second, the ability to extract tables in a structured format is really valuable for processing the extracted data. I use Zapier for processing, and the data neatly appears as line items in the Zapier flows.

Automating manual data entry saves a lot of time, and time is money. For business, the pricing is competitive and in most cases provides way more value than it costs.

Cons

The parsing rule editor does the job well, but could still be improved upon to streamline the workflow further.

The lowest pricing tier is a tad high for personal use cases.

Brad
Brad
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Excellent tool that saves us tens of hours of work per month

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

Saved loads of time for our team.

Saved loads of time for our team.

Pros

Through integration with Zapier, Docparser has saved us a massive amount of labour that was being expended by one of our account managers. We've automated the bulk of the admin related to our largest client.

Cons

We've found a couple of small bugs, but overall the software is fantastic. It can be a little tricky to set up, and took many small adjustments to get it right but their software makes it simple to make those small adjustments until it works just right. That is more related the type of docs we use it for than the software itself. It would be very easy with docs that are consistently formatted.

Makes CRM integration easy

Reviewed on 1/4/2019

This has save hours every week performing data entry and eliminate human error.

This has save hours every week performing data entry and eliminate human error.

Pros

The interface and functions are easy to navigate and it is flexible enough to take data provided by a business partner in PDF form and convert it for easy import into our CRM with a Zapier Zap. This previously took hours every week of manually data entry. Now the process is completely automated.

Cons

The regular expression search and replace doesn't work exactly as I would expect. I had to create multiple regex search and replace filters that should be possible in one. It could be a misunderstanding on my part.

• Industry: Information Services

Great product

Reviewed on 27/9/2018

Pros

It's relatively quick to set up parsing jobs with a minimum of technical ability. I'm always looking for low-code ways to automate workflows. There isn't another solution out there that is really comparable as far as I know.

Cons

It's not meant for high production short term jobs, their pricing is set up more for a steady volume, and the credits purchased each month don't roll over. But for creating multiple, recurring, steady volume jobs it's extremely well worth it.

Response from Docparser

Thanks for the review! I just wanted to let you know that we actually offer one-time purchases for jobs starting at around 20k+ documents.

Johnette
  • Industry: Legal Services

Parsing .pdf files

Reviewed on 10/3/2019

Pros

This is one of the coolest and fun to use tools I've ever seen. I highly recommend it to anyone who has lots of invoices or other documents to parse.

Cons

This software is not ready for big time users. I had 50k+ files to parse, and the constraints around input set size and output set size were too restrictive for me to work effectively. If you are going to be a big time user, I suggest you have a discussion with their support about the various limits. Admittedly, my situation is not their standard use case. But it works beautifully if you fit within their limits.

Andy
Andy

Sweet software. Easy to use. Very effective. Hugely labor saving.

Reviewed on 1/2/2018

We saved 60 man hours per month.

We saved 60 man hours per month.

Pros

This was designed like I would have designed it except even better. These guys are visionary. We quickly designed a process that saved us 80 hours per month in labor.

John

Amazing functionality

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Pros

Has a lot of flexibility to identify data that may be displayed in multiple ways using a dictionary of words to detect what you are looking for. DocParser has allowed us to extract data from purchases and put it into a database to analyze for future purchasing needs.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about DocParser thus far. If you think there is a feature that's lacking I suggest browsing their documentation because I learned I was doing a work around for a feature they had already implemented (different layouts under the same parser).

Pako
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

DocParser is making our AP process much more easy!

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Pros

DocParser is a great tool to save time, reduce human data entry mistakes and automate low-value tasks for a Company. It's really user-friendly interface and the default rules and filters are very well designed. They allow you, basically, do whoever you want to extract data from your documents. We use specifically for invoice data capturing (AP) and it's working perfectly and very fast. Very recommended online app to make your life easier processing tons of documents automatically instead spend a lot of time with manual tasks!
Also, it's important to highlight the extremely quick and problem-solving Customer Support team led by Chris. Kudos for them!

Cons

I miss some 'nice-to-have' functionalities at this moment (22/04/2020) such as:

- There is not any confirmation question when you upload documents to be parser and it can make you consume credits by mistake.
- There isn't a feature to change massively, in example, a list of keywords you want to apply in a specific parsing rule.
- There isn't support for Spanish language auto-detection so far.
- I know that DocParser isn't a spreadsheet but, some basic operations (sum, product, percentage) would help a lot for several purposes, especially if you are parsing invoices' data.

Roberio Bandeira de
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Excellent Piece of Software

Reviewed on 2/7/2019

Excellent!

Excellent!

Pros

It's stable and there is no other like it in the market.

Cons

Nothing, it[s just great. So far so good!

Samantha

Easy to use and usefull

Reviewed on 15/3/2018

It was really easy to learn how to use it.

It was really easy to learn how to use it.

Pros

It is well organized and intuitive, and it is really fast to find what i am looking for and allows me to save time.

Cons

The colours in the page are limited and i was not be able to find tutorials in differents languages, like spanish.

kurtis
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

helping automate an old industry

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

They offered a generous free trial that allowed me to get it up and running in a full production environment, allowed my engineering team to connect their API to our internal API. We were fully operational in a production environment before we paid anything, which made signing up for a monthly sub an easy sell.

Pros

I liked the fact that someone like me who doesn't have a computer science degree was able to get this up and running in a matter of a few hours.

Cons

I can't find anything I didn't like as it accomplished the exact task that I needed which was reading a set of specific PDF's that we receive from our customers.

Phil
  • Industry: Design

Great Service for Processing Documents and Building Custom Workflows

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

The overall experience is great. Pretty solid results and no loss of data that I know of.

Pros

This is pretty easy to use and makes processing documents easy. The features are robust and the possibilities are endless. It does take some experimenting to get the forms to parse correctly but the website makes it easy to see your results when testing your data filters

Cons

The cost seems a bit high for how we are using it but the value of what it does is there. We don't use it to its fullest potential.

Norm
  • Industry: Wholesale

Exceptionally complex and hence brilliant

Reviewed on 13/4/2020

We've now incorporated this into our Purchase Order incoming system. Combining our Ticket System > Doc Parser > Custom Data Engine > Invoice/Stock management system.
The setup was lengthy and complex but that's what we loved about it... almost no PO could not be handled.
Brilliant.

Pros

Many features and access to detailed API, so many different parsing rules

Cons

Even more parsing rules.
No white-labelling
Needs better Address parsing for countries other than the US

Akash
  • Industry: Accounting

Document parsing made easy

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

We were looking for pdf parser solution, started with custom code, but not able get the get the accuracy of docparser. It does one thing and does that really well.

Pros

Easy to use UI tool to write parsers. It takes very less time for me to write a new parser and integrate with the system

Cons

- lack of version control for a parser.
- lack of support for password protected documents. Now it only supports for a static password that can be configured in docparser.

Juan
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Amazing product, it has saved weeks of manual data entry.

Reviewed on 25/3/2020

The software has allowed us to extract all data from our multiple report documents and put them into one easy to analyse spreadsheet. It has saved us weeks of time doing it manually as well as eliminating all chance of human error.

Pros

How easy it is to use and how fast and accurate it is at extracting data from multiple documents.

Cons

No, overall I am very happy with this product.

• Industry: Higher Education

Best Tool We Never Knew We Needed

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Docparser is a great tool for people who have a large volume of incoming documents/forms. I never realized that something like this even existed, and I certainly wouldn't have expected it to be so reliable and smart. This has been a HUGE time-saver for us and is more than worth it.

Pros

In short, this software is smart and ridiculously reliable. We have been using this software to extract the pertinent data from incoming documents, and assembling the data into compartmentalized sections. I have particularly enjoyed its functionality with Google Docs and other Google files.

Cons

I have only encountered a couple of issues that I didn't know how to solve, and their customer service team was prompt to explain what I was misunderstanding. I have no complaints about Docparser.

Megan

Perfect solution for data entry at our small business

Reviewed on 14/2/2018

Saves time we wasted doing manual data entry.

Saves time we wasted doing manual data entry.

Pros

It is very easy to use most importantly during the setup phase. No unnecessary frills. I really like that it gives the option to modify data that it parses before it is downloaded.

Cons

Monthly rates can be a little bit expensive for large batches of documents, but it works really well so I'm happy to pay it.

John
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great Platform

Reviewed on 28/8/2020

Pros

We no longer have to enter every single invoice into our Business System. With Webhook integration, we are fully integrated from a manufacturer's invoice PDF to our Accounts Payable interface.

Cons

Sometimes Docparser detects lines as a character, but that is mostly expected from an OCR platform.

Omar
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Amazing! looked everywhere for some sort of software for OCR and found an ONLINE VERSION!

Reviewed on 25/6/2018

saves our sales team lots of time making sales order for ceratin PO's we get

saves our sales team lots of time making sales order for ceratin PO's we get

Pros

It's Online and not slow at all and honestly does the same as OCR software if not better.
No hassle of installation and maintenance.

Cons

it can't do fax's well, but yet again most OCRs cant.
anything other than that I cant see any CONs.

Marina

Invoice processing, data mining

Reviewed on 26/1/2020

I have successfully processed a dozen different types of invoices in two languages. This has increased my processing speed by a factor of 3 on average.

Pros

Docparser software is easy to use. The (self)learning curve was short. It is possible to find different ways to extract the same data, compare the quality, and choose the best output. The processing time is quite short.

Cons

The quality of output depends greatly on the quality/resolution/font size of the source data. This is, of course, not the software's fault. It would be nice though to ge a better language-specific text recognition.

Lucas
Lucas

By far the best tool in the market.

Reviewed on 1/2/2018

The speed, consistency and indirect benfits of operations improved by 10-fold to say the minimum.

Pros

Great customer support
Excellent integration with systems and operational processes in general
Works perfectly for simpler cases and at 80% success rate for very compelx cases like mine.