Isaac M.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Fast and Cheap Security

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

My experience with NordVPN is great so far. I love to use it and not have to worry about my information and security being breached. It connects fast and is strong. It is worth the price for solid protection, instead of having your information being leaked by malicious users.

Pros

It is a good price for strong security. You can use a VPN for protection or to find items in different regions. It connects fast and has plenty of servers all around the world. It is definitely worth it. It works on multiple platforms and you can use it at home or on the go at a hotel or cafe. It is very reliable.

Cons

The program on computer might take a while to load up and you have to download it. Sometimes the notification messes up on if you are connected or disconnected.

Sébastien L.

The VPN service that's featured everywhere and for good reason!

Reviewed on 13/2/2019

This software has been consistently reliable for my personal use and saved me various times. Once, because of an issue with the cable company, we couldn't watch the Olympics, so we resorted to watch an online stream without any hassle by connecting through another country.

Another time, I realized I wasn't getting a fair price when watching the price multiple times for a flight ticket, so I went with NordVPN and compared from different parts of the world to get a better deal.

It also happened more than once that I would want to display a website in English, but because of my current location, some websites decide to force the display in that local language. NordVPN was an easy fix in that case as you can choose to appear from almost anywhere in the world!

Pros

This is a reliable and affordable service. It logs nothing about your activity and allows up to 6 devices to be connected at the same time, which is handy to secure both home and work devices. They have servers in many countries (61 at this time), it can connect with the onion protocol, it is very secure (with AES-256 and double VPN), it can be configured with OpenVPN, it works great with P2P applications, it supports many different platforms (both desktops and mobile), the customer service is quick and efficient. It is frankly easy to set up (I have tried on Mac, Linux, Android and iOS without any issue). They even explain everything transparently in their FAQ and they have clear instructions on how to set the service on practically all types of devices that support VPN.

Cons

There really isn't much to criticize about NordVPN. I did notice that they now have even more applications available for download. There used to be no application available for Linux (even though it was fully supported through other means).

Some servers were actually very slow when using my cellular connection, but this can happen with any service and a slowdown is always expected. Since they offer many servers in different countries, I was able to quickly find some servers that work in my current location.

Walter P.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

One of the better VPN products but not the best

Reviewed on 12/12/2020

Even though we have a relatively fast internet service (200Mbps), our internet access and usage speeds were substantially affected while using the VPN services. Technicians from our internet provider recommended that the Nord VPN service be disconnected unless really needed. However, when using other VPN providers we found that our internet speed was affected to a lesser degree than when we were using Nord VPN.

Pros

Very comprehensive product with a very extensive number of servers around the world to offer a very effective array of options. Great number of features available if needed.

Cons

Considering the options available for VPN services, Nord VPN is quite expensive and the use of the services can be somewhat daunting. Our experience was that regardless of which server in the multiple countries available, the service affected our internet speed quite substantially.

Margaret ramsden R.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Secured servers with fast connectivity followed by excellent customer support.

Reviewed on 23/12/2018

NordVPN in our office let us access to those clients and distributors where our restriction is limited. Orr in other cases when we have to secure ourselves from hackers or malwares, Nord plays an important role. Even it also let us access to those websites where the restriction have been limited in order to extract necessary information from those websites.

Pros

NordVPN has enormous lists of servers for almost all the regions of every state. One can favorite their specified servers and easily uses them whenever or wherever we want to. Their double vpn service and dedicated Ip's can also be bought which infact are the major productive benefits of using Nord. Nord is also compatible with almost all the devices and gadgets. It works efficiently for windows, mac or mobile gadgets.
Their pricing features are also very convenient and doesn't cost much and suits to several demands and usage.

Cons

Some of the websites tracks the location through GPS service which easily split the beans and reveals the original location and Nord can't do anything about it.
Even also, while working few of my favorite servers also got losts from the servers list, so it affects my work severely.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Great VPN Service, Most of the Time

Reviewed on 19/4/2019

NordVPN is a great VPN and reasonably priced. It's worth mentioning that if you haven't subscribed to NordVPN before, you can likely find a steep discount online if you look for VPN rating sites as they usually offer crazy discounts for new subscribers. If you are expecting any kind of fast connection speed into Argentina from North America however, you may want to look elsewhere as in my experience the connection to Argentina is the one area where NordVPN lacks.

Pros

NordVPN is super easy to set up, and for the most part works very very well. When connecting to North America or Europe, I've found speeds to be good and the connection to be quite reliable. I've been using it for ~6 months now, and never had it disconnect on me which has been a pleasant surprise as I've usually experienced some kind of disconnection from other services I've used from time to time. The setup was ridiculously easy, requiring me to install an app for each device, input the credentials, and connect to my desired server. Very easy.

Cons

The only thing I have to complain about is that the connection speed is painfully slow connecting to Argentina. I periodically need to connect to servers in Argentina from North America, and the connection goes at a crawl (slightly better than dial-up internet speeds). I did reach out to support and their response was that the packets were being routed back and forth causing the slow speeds... and that there wasn't anything to be done about it. I was disappointed by this, however 99% of my usage of the VPN is not connecting to Argentina, so I'm still overall very happy with the service.

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simple to use and inexpensive VPN solution

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

I use Nord when traveling and at any wifi location that isnt at my home.

Pros

I like that NordVPN is a no log service and the software is incredibly easy to set up. When comparing VPN providers, I found them to be the most secure for the price.

Cons

The pricing model is a bit strange. If you sign up for anything less than 3 years, you are paying a ton more. I did the 3 year subscription and it was a good price.

• Industry: Automotive

Easy to use and affordable VPN service

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

Overall, NordVPN provides secure connection for your devices while surfing over internet, I may only complain about connection speed.

Pros

It is secure way to surf on internet with NordVPN. It has a very simple interface even with country flag to choose which one you should connect over. Also you have a chance to connect any websites and services from restricted countries. For example, I use the content in US on my Amazon Fire Stick by using NordVPN. It's multi-platform VPN service I use on Android and Windows.

Cons

Slow connection is coming from the nature of VPN but NordVPN is a a bit slot than other VPN services. You may need to try to connect VPN more than one time.

Darrell W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

EasyTo use very robust protection

Reviewed on 10/4/2021

I am a very happy user of this product and plan to use it for our company computers for the foreseeable future unless there is some major change that would change the cost or functionality of the product.

Pros

This is super easy to install and use and turn off and on as needed or if needed. I like that we can use a proxy anywhere around the world and I know it is accurate when the web site we visit may suggest or default to the language of that country. It give us peace of mind when visiting some sites that may be more questionable. It also does a good job keeping our private information private.

Cons

we use it on several different computers. On the Mac it does not seem to update as easily, for instance when it says there is a new version, the update often fails. It does get it eventually, but we want a security upgrade like this ASAP.

Kymahn C.
  • Industry: Computer Games

My NordVPN Review

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

Use NordVPN now and thank me later!

Pros

Just like any chrome user, I require privacy over a public network!...So some years ago I found about NordVPN.. and i'm currently using this VPN!
NordVPN to me is the best VPN out there and comes at a reasonable price which is $11.95 per month!
NordVPN does not experience any privacy leaks which is amazing!..
The user interface is just simple and it is easy to navigate around!
The user service is just the best in the world!..They are quick in answering their costumers.

Cons

I don't experience any faults with NordVPN... So I have no Cons!

Brandi W.

Better than most

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Overall, the deal we got for this service was well worth it. Paid for 3 years of service and go money back towards another product they offered.

Pros

I recently switched to Nord from Express VPN due to cost. I use a VPN daily as I work in healthcare and being on a public wi-fi can be very tricky when it comes to privacy. I had my credit card information stolen less than a week after starting this job after learning 3 other people in the office were affected with the same thing I knew it had to be because of using a public wi-fi. Ever since then, anytime I am using a public wi-fi I will connect to Nord.

Cons

The only con I can see was when their servers were "hacked". While no personal information was leaked, I feel it was not right for them to wait for so long before they disclosed this.

Pedro yago A.
  • Industry: Human Resources

This is the greatest software so far for online security.

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Pros

This software allows you to surf on the internet with ease, without having to worry with your data being used without your permission by companies that gets money from big data. As a side effect, this software also allows you to bypass location limiters, like the one used in youtube, that makes you get the "this video is not avaible in your country" messages.

Cons

Although it is justified due to its security, the price of the software can push some possible users away. Maybe a freemium version of the version could work around this.

Nate S.
  • Industry: Chemicals

The Gold Standard

Reviewed on 4/1/2019

I've achieved comfort and security while browsing online, with many layers of security.

Pros

NordVPN is simple to set up and use, and has a very user-friendly interface. You can choose from multiple countries/cities, which can be of great benefit depending on region-specific access you may require.
The price is very reasonable, and you definitely get bang for your buck. There are also specialty servers (which I personally do not use, but if you're into that, it's something I have not seen with other VPNs).
Another fantastic feature of NordVPN is a "killswitch" feature, which will block internet access if you lose the VPN connection for whatever reason (which is huge in terms of privacy, and can make all the difference in that split second).

Cons

Can't really think of any cons. It's cheap, effective, easy to use, and has amazing bonus features.

Asmar S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

VPN with the best level of security.

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

I am a very satisfied user. My whole experience using NordVPN made everything at work feel safer and private. You don't fear using a VPN for work related stuff anymore.

Pros

I constantly connect to the internet using a VPN. Nord VPN provides me with a fast and stable internet connected because of the quality and quantity of servers worldwide. Nord VPN has the best security and privacy.
Surfing the internet freely without any worry about your privacy was never easier.
another notable thing that I love about this software is the price of the subscription bundles, it has the best prices in the market with up to 6 devices that can connect to VPN from 1 account.
last but not least, Nord VPN keeps its Netflix support updated, so during your lunch break, you can login to Netflix US for example if you are from Europe or another Region.

Cons

some Computers in the office with the Nord VPN client app installed on the windows OS (windows 10) were slow and took some time to connect to a server. but it's not always the case.

Kenneth B.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Browsing servers with anonymity

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

overall it is a great service when securing you data and browsing safely its one of the best softwares out there in the market.

Pros

Since the ban of restricted sites here in my country i use this vpn to acces them with complete anonymity such that my providers would not notice,i also use this when accessing public wifi to protect my data.this is great service when it comes to vpn's it is very secure and has all the servers you need.

Cons

Much like any other vpn services some servers are slow which is nothing too significant,not much too say about the cons of this software as it does really suffice my needs when it comes to security.

Darshan Y.

Geographyically connect to any of the location in just one click

Reviewed on 7/12/2019

NordVPN really helps you to connect to locations where you are physically not present, Because of its multiple endpoints available around the world it makes it easy for us to connect seamlessly with out any interruption

Pros

NordVPN is one of the best VPN solution to hide your ip over the internet, It helps you to connect to any location around the world in just one click

Cons

There should be a trial period available so that enduser can get a feeling of the tool before they actually plan to buy it

• Industry: Music

Finally, I can access everything.

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

Easy to use. I don't have to go through shady websites to find the shows I had watched overseas or use a shady website to give me access. NordVPN is easy to use--a single button click--and I'm in business.

Pros

Spending significant time overseas, I get homesick. I can't access the same websites, the same video services, or, even the same music. NORDVPN is as simple as choosing a location and clicking connect. I can access the media (Netflix, Spotify, etc.) that I'd otherwise have at home in the States with just a click of the button. And if I'm home and want to access a show I had watched in Europe, I can simply select that country and log on to the TV network page. Easy as anything.

Cons

Some may balk at the cost, but if I were to go out and individually buy all of the media I have accessed, I would spend significantly more to take it all on the go with me. I have never had any issues with NordVPN being down.

Best VPN offering I have used

Reviewed on 16/2/2019

NordVPN allows me to easily access the news and entertainment options restricted to specific countries (for example, some Swedish news channels do not make their content available outside Sweden).

Pros

I have the VPN client installed on all my devices - Mac, Windows, Android. I like how easy it is to use - to pick a country of the exit point, to start a session, to see the throughput speed. It is very fast.

I have switched to NordVPN from another VPN provider and the only regret I have is that I have not done it earlier.

Cons

I would appreciate a better support for the non standard clients, such a QNAP and Synology Disk Stations.

Jacob S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy to use and hig performance VPN

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

Pros

NordVPN provides high number of different locations to change your IP address. It is really a light weight program and does not consume tht much RAM. Connection speed is extremely fast for all regions and location shifting speed is relatively high over other VPN alternatives.

Cons

NordVPN is so far so good in all aspects; works with a great performance and leaves nothing to say negative about it.

Ashley E.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best vpn for all uses

Reviewed on 5/4/2020

It has been a smooth experience with NordVPN across all the platforms I use it on. It really provides me with the security I want.

Pros

This VPN can be used across all devices. I can use it on my phone, my laptop and across my whole network. The price is great and really affordable for all uses. Even the top packages

Cons

I love everything about NordVPN. It meets all my needs for internet security and all at a great price.

Lisa C.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Very dependable VPN service

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

Very good experience overall. I just renewed my 2-year contract because I was so happy with them. They also regularly offer great deals if you sign up for 2 years at a time, which I highly recommend doing.

Pros

Site is very dependable with fast connections. Easy to use right away with little to know prior knowledge.

Cons

There have been instances where I've struggled to connect, but these have been extremely rare over 2+ years of use.

Lucas M.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Affordable high quality VPN service, very professional and helpful support

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

Very consistent service, with helpful and prompt support. I expect to continue using it for the next years

Pros

Nord Vpn offers fast and constant connection speed for a very reasonable price. For small business where the owner has to manage the finances, or for business where you work with sensitive information from clients, the data encription and security a VPN provides is a basic need, not a luxury.

I often do recommend Nord Vpn when I meet people looking for a VPN service

Cons

There are no actual problems with the service, only a nitpick. Nord offers a variety of servers to choose from, some of which have somewhat slower connection speed, especially on mobile. Of course it comes a little to learning to choose server locations that have the most consistent speed for your actual location. This slight nuisance evidently fades as you learn to make this king of judgement, with base on your use experience

Pawan R.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Nest Option To Get Green Ping on Minecraft

Reviewed on 18/6/2020

Its really anAwesome VPN compared too other vpns (premium one) . The subscription package is not very less but its fits the need . This is great for gaming and Netflix in restricted countries cuz this vpn doesn't thortles your internet bandwith so you don't have to worry about you speed after connecting to other servers (country). But If you are just using vpn for privacy then its can better to use free ones too .

Pros

The first thing is this Nord vpn is really simple to use , i meanjust one button to connect and within a second it gets connected. There are lot of countries to select . For me using this i get like 20ms in Minecraft using USA server .

Cons

The connection Speed , i like its speed this is the main reason i used this VPN . In just couple of second you get connected.

Tara F.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

NordVPN- still a good value for the price

Reviewed on 25/7/2020

The overall experience with NordVPN was a good experience. It served our department well during our time of remote work and we never experienced any security breaches.

Pros

NordVPN provided my department with a safe way to access our secure network from home. NordVPN works pretty quickly when connecting and the download speeds seem to be good. I loved that our IP address was not visible to anyone outside of our secure network. Working with highly sensitive personal data, we rely on top-notch security measures.

Cons

My only concern is NordVPN's recent security issues. Though we are no longer using NordVPN as it is not needed for remote work, I feel we would have severed ties with this company if we were still using them when the security issues took place.

Caleb S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Essential for Anonymity Online

Reviewed on 17/5/2020

Overall, when using Nord I am confident that I can surf the net with complete anonymity!

Pros

Nord VPN offers a plethora of features including the kill-switch feature and double VPN feature. It also offers a wide range of countries to choose from.

Cons

Certain regions such as Malaysia and other Asian countries have much slower speeds than other servers I've used!

Browsing the web safely!

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

At my workplace all machines are set up with NordVPN for secure browsing. Its a really good option if you want to browse the web safely and keep your data safe.

Pros

1) NordVPN provides military grade encryption to keep your IP and all data you handle online safe.

2) It's relatively faster than most VPNs out there.

3) It's extremely easy to set up. So even if you're not that tech-savvy you'll still be able to be safe online and keep all your data safe.

Cons

When it comes to VPNs, eventhough NordVPN can be considered faster than most of its competitors, sometimes you might witness slow internet speeds. But you have to understand that this is a given with almost all VPNs.