JobBOSS²

Shop management for shops & made-to-order manufacturers

4.1/5
4.0/5
4.1/5
4.4/5

855 Software options

David D.

E2 Shoptech revolutionized our shop

Reviewed on 17/5/2018

Pros

1. No IT guy cost to maintain server.
2. Can use inexpensive workstations. We use Chromebooks for data collection. I also use a chromebook for trips.
3. Android/Apple app for tablets that can be used for data collection
4. Also just released an app for employees to check in and out from their phone. You can post stock from this app.
5. Work from anywhere. I was in Minnesota 2 weeks ago during a blizzard. I was at starbucks, posted up next to the window, working on my chromebook with no hick ups.
6. New updated features over the old system. Better reports. More capable Hot Spots.
7. Works the same as the old system, just things are in different spots.
8. Better, more efficient user interface
9. Easier to customize reports
10. Just introduced Dashboards

Cons

1. The subscription price.
2. Cert control in general can be better.
3. Employee Clock in Module is a pain. You cannot edit someone time until they are clocked out.

Erica C.

Good software

Reviewed on 3/9/2019

Overall this is the best application for what we need. The customer service is top notch. The custom development team is good.

Pros

I like the fact the you can route, have job costing, accounting, etc all in one area. For this type of application, this is the best software to choose from. Shoptech continues to make improvements and listens to the customers on where to improve.

Cons

The quality module needs improved as well as the scheduling. The repository in unusable.

Terrible Software

Reviewed on 17/9/2018

Pros

The ability to gather data on cost, and labor. Inventory tracking is probably the most useful aspect of this software.

Cons

The user interface is very clunky, and hard to navigate. The capability of the program is hard to realize due to how difficult it is to use.
I have, on multiple occasions, pulled my hair out trying to figure out why the program will not cooperate, only to find there was some missing information somewhere. Ok, this is my fault, but wouldn't it be nice if even the smallest window could pop up to say there is an error?
Sometimes I sign in and forget to actually click on the little green check mark. Turns out if you push the enter key to sign in results in the program window disappearing from the screen with no warning or indication as to why. One winds up waiting the several minutes expected for the program to respond only to find it is not opening after all.
The promise of what this software could enable a business to do is amazing. It is truly a shame how non-user friendly it is.

Anne H.

E2 Has Brought Amazing Efficiency to our Company

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

Efficiency, time saving, and error reduction are the main contributions this system has brought to our business. The error reduction is found in only having to enter information one time, and having that follow through in all of the processes, even on our Open Order Summary. If an initial error is made, it can be corrected at the source and the other paperwork corrected or re-generated. The efficiency and time-savings are self evident in what I've already said.

Pros

E2 has really helped us streamline all of our processes: from initially purchasing, through receiving, invoicing, check writing on the AP side; to processing POs from customers, generating orders, travelers, packing lists, and invoicing on the AR side. I can't imagine going back to what we did before! In the E2 system, once a part number/PO is entered, all of that information travels through all of the processes and handling of that item. No more repeated entries, with that time consumption and potential for error--one entry and you are done!--the processing of the PO or part number then goes through the whole shop and out the door. And I am not even including the ease of quoting and routing, which is less in my area of work, but is the area where most parts "begin" their life with us. E2 takes these parts all the way through, including the generating of Return Authorizations and credits when those are needed, in a seamless way.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any significant cons. We have had the occasional glitch or problem with usage, and there are some areas where I wish we could use the system even more, but for the massive amount of work we do use it for, it is excellent!

Lisa T.
  • Industry: Machinery

I no longer wanted my shop to run me....

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

E2 has been great to work with from the very beginning. We do not have an IT department but they helped walk me through the steps of setting up our system. They are always very nice and polite on the phone whenever I have to call. The system is great, with only a few bugs.

Pros

The way that E2 links all the different aspects together with various search functions. I can easily find ANYTHING i'm looking for and run so many reports to find out whatever information I want.

Cons

We still use the Access database version and it's only for PC. Two of us are dedicated Apple users, so that took some figuring out how to continue using Apple products with E2. There are only two reasons I haven't switched to the online hosted version - document type linking, and stable internet service.

Jim C.

Best Software Value

Reviewed on 27/6/2019

Bottomline, the E2 Shop System is affordable, easy to use, expandable, versatile and worth the price we paid. The support is top notch and the sales process and our data transition was effortless. We purchased our software on February 23, 2005 and have been a customer for over 14 years!! The service and support has remained consistent over that time period and the company seems to be extremely customer focused. I would highly recommend the E2 Shop System.

Pros

What we like most about the E2 Shop System Software is the ability to expand and customize our databases. We purchased the SQL version which allowed us to put the E2 OEM program on steroids. We added custom fields and tables of things that were very specific to our manufacturing business. We also added a custom front end for our customers to access things like detailed part specifications, testing data, sales history, package tracking, and much more. We also added a custom backend for our employees to enter non E2 items into separate database tables and link the information to the customers and vendors already in E2. The best part is, we have a very high end custom solution at a fraction of the cost of some of the other solutions on the market. We have the ability to barcode scan, track employees time for payroll, calculate exact labor costs based on actual production times, track inventory, import our invoices into Quickbooks, perform accurate estimations / quotations and much more.

Cons

We started off with the Access database version which is limited in scope, but soon realized that the SQL version was much more powerful and allowed unlimited growth.

Robert B.
  • Industry: Building Materials

The Perfect Manufacturing Software

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

We have been using E2 for well over 16 years and so far we love it. We have used other systems and this one just seed to get it right. In that time we have only had a handful of issues of which most were fixed in minutes and all we had to do was call Tech Support and explain what was not working. The customer and technical support staff are extremely knowledgeable in what their software can do and how they can customize it to fit your every need. They have even extra fields set aside for all most every function to carry different data types just in case you have found a data point that they haven't thought of.

Pros

E2 creates a clutter free work space with a simple layout and design. Shop Tech has broken down the manufacturing process to get a true understanding of how our company really operates. The bolt on modules allow for greater control of specific functions in particular departments. We specifically use the Scheduling and Custom Order Import Automation functions. Scheduling give us a top level view, department view, work center view, and all the way down to a view of sub parts that make up a single part. This tells us exactly where an order is as well as if we are under or over loaded at the work center and department level. All I have to do is pull up the schedule, click a button for the level of detail I want to display and away it goes. The Custom Order Import Function has allowed us to automate the order entry process by simply downloading a file from our customer, pointing where I saved the file, and clicking "Import". This function creates the order and based off our custom company settings which we have setup to automatically pull from stock jobs, inventory, post a quantity to make or a combination of all of the above. We can then run a requirement report to see what we need to make to fulfill open orders or to make stock for inventory. It really doesn't get easier than that.

Cons

The extra modules do have a cost but they are well worth it. On the plus side of that, E2 will demo the modules with full functionality and if it doesn't incorporate everything that you need you don't have to purchase it.

Brian B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

JobBoss - Simple enough but still lots of horsepower for a smaller job shop

Reviewed on 24/2/2017

I came on board with my employer in October 2014. They had been using JobBoss for over 10 years. With my ERP background, I quickly discovered that my employer wasn't taking advantage of many of the available utilities, including the Scheduling module. Within 3 months I had all 30 of our machining centers, plus all of the secondary resources and operations, set up and testing completed. Routings were stripped back and rebuilt with proper resource requirement setups to ensure proper scheduling of work and proper timing and load representation. Shift and holiday calendars were constructed properly.

We turned on Scheduling in February 2015. With the first pass of the global scheduler (running infinite loading and allowing schedules in the past) we came out with a past-due backlog of some 4000 hours. After updating job progress on about 150 jobs, realigning a few things and making some setup tweaks, we realized that we were still over 2000 hours past due. However, we now had the theoretical start and end dates to work with, we could time materials properly, and could graph our loads to see what we were doing to ourselves with our booking practices.

Since then, we have improved our utility of the system across the board. Raw material and finished goods inventories are accurate, so we can now use the Material Planning functionality. Raw material issues due to planning are non-existent. PO's for outside processing are now accurately priced, timed, and generated straight from the job routing. Use of Picks, Transfers, and Extra Quantities have given our inventory transactions full transparency.

I look forward to Unite 2017 when I can see hands-on what other companies are doing to tap this system's potential!

Pros

Simple navigation, use of Favourites shortcuts, level of complexity is perfect for smaller organizations.

Cons

Would like to be able to access more information directly from the Job (ie from an outside process, be able to access the Purchase Order that is linked to it).

Roy E.
  • Industry: Plastics

One of the best

Reviewed on 16/2/2017

I have used JobBoss for the last 6 years and it's great for a shop like ours with custom products. It handles everything from the initial customer quote to turning it into a sales order, defining specific jobs and component jobs all the way through shipping and invoicing.

The various processes you might need are logically organized into modules which make performing specific tasks easy. The downside is the occasional lack of communication between the modules requiring you to complete some information multiple times. The only reason I did not give 5 stars across the board is the inability to look at the big picture (all open orders), drill down to the semi-big picture (a specific sales order), and so on down to the minutest detail. If you are looking at any of these areas by itself JobBoss is a great tool that does a terrific job at helping you manage a project; it could use a little tweaking to help you really manage multiple projects with ease.

Pros

The level of detail available about any project, material requirements for the project, routing steps, and tracking of progress.
A complete system available to manage every aspect of the shop from scheduling of employees and jobs, payroll, materials, and more.
XML support to allow you to use external programs to exchange data with JobBoss.

Cons

Inability to really drill down from a broad overview of projects in the shop down to specific details of a single job.
Customer support for using XML extremely limited. Poor documentation on using it.
Does not allow you to require completion of a routing step before beginning the next. Ability to track progress is 100% dependent upon employees logging into a job and recording their progress without any enforcement policy within the program.

John V.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

E2 is the ERP that gives the big name ERP's a Run for there money!!

Reviewed on 2/10/2015

Pros

I have used multiple ERP systems some of them rather expensive with a large learning curve, when I went looking for a ERP system for our machine shop, one of the leading criteria was that the ERP would have, or support the AS9100 standard. E2 was the only one that offered a QA module to help create our AS9100 documentation, then as a bonus E2 had a consultant come out and help set up our AS9100 Quality Management System, to top it off, another consultant came back out a few month later to do an audit of our documentation to make sure we were ready to take on the AS9100 registrar. E2 does have an AP & AR module however we wanted to be able to keep our financial information separate in QuickBooks, this ERP system allows you to flow order and purchase order information seamlessly from E2 to QuickBooks by syncing this information over. I really hope companies that are looking for an ERP system make E2 their choice. I did a lot of painstaking research on this and wish I would have found reviews of ERP systems like this to help me along. E2 does what it takes to run a business effectively and as an added surprise the software is cost effective as well.

Cons

The only Area I have had a challenge with would be the timeclock buzzer, the timeclock portion is provided by one of E2's partners and we recently had the buzzer stop working well, the e2 sofware is pinging the correct signal however the buzzer is not working correctly. So really this doesnt seem to be a E2 issue it is a computerwise issue (computerwise is the timeclock system)

Susan B.

Users since 2005

Reviewed on 15/8/2019

My overall experience has been very good with all E2 aspects, my concerns have always been handled professionally and quickly. They have been able to modify or create a new program I have requested in a timely efficient manner.

Pros

I like everything about this software. We have two sites, although we are considered Aerosafe Companies we are in fact two separate companies with their own receivables and payable. I like that I can switch back and forth with ease. I use the accounting modules mostly which are wonderful, I have never had a problem with them. I also use the Purchasing module as I order tooling, material, supplies etc., The Inventory module is great allowing me to allocate all items to a GL code I have set up.

Cons

There are no cons as far as I am concerned and would recommend it to anyone. I have done so on more than one occasion.

Robert W.
  • Industry: Utilities

Growing Our Business

Reviewed on 22/3/2019

Seventeen years ago I was brought into CAMCO to research and implement a comprehensive business and shop control solution for them. Other previous attempts to do so weren't working out and then we found Shoptech. I'm still here!
Shoptech has enabled us to control and track the hundreds of jobs and thousands of associated parts that flow through our business monthly. We can see where our time and materials are and have a precise breakout of costs and income. The accounting and reports module generate all that is needed for our accountants to do their respective tasks and give upper management the oversight they need to run the business.

Pros

We're a growing company and as such have turn-over and new personnel growth. E2 is intuitive and our new employees seem to be able to adapt into the system with minimal effort and training. As the IT person here I have witnessed that peer-to-peer training seems to be all that is required to have that new person up and running on E2 within a short time and with little involvement from me, that's a big help! From Shipping and Receiving through final Billing, if our new hire has basic computing skills, their transition into that respective E2 function hasn't been a major training concern.

Cons

We're a service and repair facility and it took considerable effort improvising and rethinking to adapt the system into our way of doing things. Initially the software seemed to be over-kill and confusing for our needs but with time we were able to merge our methods with the system and adapt.

Sal G.

Great Job Shop Software

Reviewed on 17/5/2019

Although the move from the Professional version to the web based E2 system has had some issues that still have not been resolved I would still recommend E2. The people at E2 are great and are always trying to improve their product and in time I think it will be exactly what we are looking for. I still want to see a Sales/CRM Module and then I'd say it's pretty close to being a complete system.

Pros

The new web based software works well and is easy to use. The integration of the of all the different modules is very nice. Data collection tied to operations and job travelers gives us a great way to quote more accurately and efficiently. The Rapid Documentation System gives you all that you'll need to become ISO certified and ties right into your E2 system. The new apps that they have created have added features making it easy to enter additional information and part pictures.

Cons

The web based system has a repository manager which is the weakest link in the system. It's time consuming to upload documents, enter documents into document control, and then link to the part number. This needs to be simplified. Also all the documents must be PDF's if you want them to print with a job traveler. In the new web based system you will be mouse clicking all over the screen instead of tabbing from field to field. Also you will need a large monitor to minimize the screen from jumping around and still be able to see the font.

Lari G.

Reviewed on 17/8/2011

Forward Technologies is a small Job Shop in Springfield, OH. We specialize in machining plastics.

When I started at Forward Tech in 2007 we were using Peachtree software for our accounting system, Excel Spreadsheets for scheduling and quoting and a paper system for purchasing (NO PO’S).

In 2008 we started looking at software systems - my boss is always interested in improvements. That year we added another mill and lathe to the shop and our capacity had increased; handling everything was becoming more difficult. We looked at several systems but E2 just blew them all away. There was no doubt in anyone’s mind – we wanted this system.

Implementation was reasonably easy - we were starting from scratch so we were able to do things exactly the way we wanted. Of course we found out later it wasn’t exactly the way we wanted, but changes were easily made and with experience we are running very smoothly. With time and confidence we have utilized more aspects of the system. At first it was Order Entry-Purchasing- Accounting- then a real push to Time Tracking. We have not implemented scheduling but I see a time in the very near future when we will. Our use of the Quality Module is sporadic – but that is a manpower issue, not a software one.

I cannot say enough about Trisha, our in house rep. During implementation and the year afterward, she was always there to help and in fact still is. She answers emails instantly and I think she might even take some at home because I have received responses late in the evening. Since the addition of Tech View on the website, I can find the answers to some of my questions very quickly without bugging Trisha (I love the info sheets under “Knowledge”). One of the techs is always available; they get back to me quickly and help me fix whatever issue I might have.

How has E2 helped our shop? Since purchasing E2 we have doubled our capacity, hired more machinists, doubled our square footage and tripled our job load. Being able to easily track what is in-house, what is on order, order history, pricing, did we make money, did we lose money, the ability to play with pricing and have an idea of the profitability of the part, the ease of cross-referencing PO’s with invoices – all of these things have made my life so much easier.

As the shop has grown I have been able to keep up- and I think a lot of it is due to E2. I also think that E2 has given us confidence that we are actually making a profit – and with that confidence the knowledge that we can keep growing. We will be adding another Mill this fall.

Have there been difficulties? Of course, there always is with change – but I LOVE this system. If we have experienced resistance, well, that is a part of life. If I have to use a cattle prod on my fellas then I will use a cattle prod, because at the end of the day what I get from E2 is worth it.

Chris G.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Limited functionality

Reviewed on 15/5/2015

Pros

Pretty easy to learn. Support staff are nice and helpful and they always walk me through anything I've mucked up. The program is easy to use, it's not real complicated, more user friendly then some packages out there.

Cons

Limited functionality. I came from an Oracle (manufacturing) background and I find getting the information I need out of JobBoss is very frustrating. I wasn't expecting anything close to what I had before but some items seem like they should just be common sense. You cannot run a backlog with rev's for the parts, unless you pay extra. I do accounting as well as customer support and I find it very difficult to pull the information I need in one report so I have to cut and paste. Plus exporting in to Excel the formatting is not great. I have to reformat everything. Lastly, to had an extra person to the users (extra license/seat) is crazy expensive. Almost twice the amount of the maintenance agreement. And if you upgrade, they do everything remotely so you have to do all the stuff on your end - and of course everything you want or need as a cost. On the plus side, the program is pretty easy to learn and navigate. The customer support staff are pleasant and for a small company - I guess the value is okay. It was already here when I came so I don't have much to compare it to. I do know we are not using the functionality the way we should and I wish I could find a consultant locally that could just come sit with me for a couple of hours. Trying to do stuff over the phone or email is time consuming and inefficient and I don't want to pay the cost of flying someone here only to be told I have to pay extra for everything.

Chris H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Excellent software for a shop or manufacturing company big or small.

Reviewed on 13/7/2018

before buying any software make sure it look seriously at E-2. Their prices are more affordable than you would think and by far best program for you.

Pros

the newest version of the software is great. the ability to create new items, quotes, jobs etc. is very easy. I looked into several different software options and to get the cloud based software the cost was higher than i expected and other company seemed to push to have you buy the on premise versions. the ability to add shop users later is not only easy but very affordable. the nice thing is you dont have to have shop users to be able to track or log times per job. you can enter in manually so if you are a smaller shop you can still take advantage of all the benefits of the software and be able to track P & L quick and easy.

Cons

My only downside to this was i used an old version for several years at another company. I was very jaded about looking at it for our new shop because how my previous employer had it set up. after seeing the newest version and all the improvements my mind was changed very quickly.

Jonathan R.

Good for the price

Reviewed on 24/2/2017

Job Boss is a comprehensive package for resource management, from receiving raw materials to scheduling jobs and shipping orders. Integration with 3rd party quality management systems is good. Custom report writing for Job Boss is a must, but thankfully Exact employs a very knowledgeable consultation team to help. The software contains some bugs and is missing some features, but support is always on top completing support requests and explaining how to use modules. We've only implemented 75% of Job Boss (Sales, Purchasing, Accounting, and Shipping), but we are excited to start running Job's in the middle of 2017 and fully realize this software's full potential.

Pros

Comprehensive ERP system includes modules and features for all aspects of Production, Sales and Purchasing.
Helpful support staff is always willing to spend the time necessary to answer questions.
Good integration with Unipoint Quality Management Software.
Flexible reports easily modified by Crystal Reports.
Frequent Updates, we are excited to see what Exact brings in the years to come.

Cons

No support for maintaining multiple revisions for parts with the same material names.
Job Boss cannot track Materials Lots to Packlists for Sales Orders with multiple Lots and multiple Packlists.
Data Entry is inconsistent among various modules, search screens and report filters.
Purchasing Module is clunky. Revision tracking sometimes prevents the user from saving work.

Lucas P.

Used to use E2

Reviewed on 17/3/2020

Customer support and product was good. We aren’t a machine shop and are a travel service company. E2 wasn’t offering a Mobil App at the time we needed it. That is why we moved to another software to track all employees time and expenses.

Pros

It was great at linking in-house employee hours jobs.

Cons

It was not easy for employees to change their time during the day/week. Managers had to edit it.

Alexandra W.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Jobboss has been a great tool in improving our production management.

Reviewed on 2/1/2018

We've spent the time to setup each module in Jobboss to ensure we can run our shop as efficiently as possible. It's really saved us a lot of headaches and ultimately helped with job costing.

Pros

If the time is taken to setup each module that suits your company there are so many benefits to using Jobboss.
The live data that can be collected from production. This helps with inventory, shop efficiency, job costing, management, documentation etc..
Another great aspect is the Shop Alerts feature which allows you to setup triggers in the system via email, text, & Jobboss' messaging system. Our system is setup to send an email whenever a pack slip is made, this helps manage our shipping department. We also have an alert to email whenever there is an excess amount of scrap for a job. These are just a few examples of the alerts we have setup in our system.
There are so many aspects of Jobboss that ultimately help with managing production control.

Cons

Majority of Jobboss' cons are minor.
I had to "clear" out most of the garbage that was saved in Jobboss prior to processing each module out. If there is any activity against a material or operation you cannot simply delete it. You have to go through and delete each transaction against that material or operation, or obsolete it using the Find & Replace utility. If you set your system up right from the start this will not be an issue for you.
There are certain default settings in Jobboss that cannot be changed. One example is the shape under Raw material; there are only 19 default shapes that can be chosen.
There will always be minor cons that you will run into when setting up a system for your business.

Dave L.
  • Industry: Public Safety

E2 Review

Reviewed on 10/9/2019

It did what we needed it to do. Monitor Inventory, Produce Quotes , Acknowledgements, Invoicing. Keep a History. It has been an improvement over using spreadsheets like we were doing.

Pros

Cons

Need a basic scheduling of orders interface without buying another package.

DELMIAworks

Reasons for Switching to JobBOSS²

It was able to do what we need it to do and Job Shop did not.
Christy G.
  • Industry: Maritime

E2 Shop System for Manufacturing

Reviewed on 14/5/2019

The E2 Shop system has improved our quoting capabilities, which in turn, increases our bottom line. Our company uses Quickbooks and the interface has been consistent and reliable. And again, on the few times where there has been connectivity issues with Quickbooks, E2's technical support was able to resolve the problem very quickly.

Pros

This software is very consistent throughout all modules which makes it very user friendly. Also, the customer service is excellent. Each time I have encountered any issues, I can get a technician on the phone immediately who can remote in and resolve my issue instantly. They are knowledgeable, communicate clearly, and very efficient.

Cons

There is a bit of a lag time in using the online version, but the data is secure and the updates are frequent. Also, it does not retain historical pricing information for cost of materials, which would be useful when analyzing particular material costs.

Abs P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Getting in now is a good way to get familiar with the software.

Reviewed on 20/4/2016

Pros

Customer support is easy to access, prompt, and very knowledgeable. For a small shop like the one I work in (less than 20 employees) going from a completely analog based system to a digital one saves a ton of time when it comes to recalling information. Being able to keep track of jobs, purchases, and inventory was our main goal and was accomplished easily using E2.

Update: Previously I was critical of the state the software is currently in and was contacted by Shoptech to gain some insight on the complete overhaul E2 is going through. We had a very informative web demo and am thoroughly impressed with the improvements that are in store. The new interface is much more intuitive while still keeping the core functionality of the current E2 system, so transitioning for end-users should be relatively easy. The power and flexibility of the system has been enriched, bringing multiple open modules, higher limits on searches, easier search filtering; essentially the ability to get/enter information faster and with fewer clicks. Scalability is coming too! It’s an update that I’m looking forward to getting.

Cons

The web demo answers many grievances that we have with the current E2 software. An issue, from a small shop perspective, that came up was that of added cost. Everything discussed during the demo regarding pricing is unconfirmed, but due to the nature of how the new system will be implemented an added cost may be incurred separate from the current OPTIONAL maintenance structure. Many small shops will have to weigh the benefits of maintaining a subscription to that of staying with the older system they’re currently using. Hopefully scale of operations is taken into consideration when the actual prices are set.

Robert E.

E2 Great System for Machine Shop

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Pros

Easy interface, large font, easy to read, excellent support, upgrades very easy across all computers!!!

Cons

Very few cons with this system as its probably the best value on the market for a machine shop with under 100 employees.

James K.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Enhancements to E2

Reviewed on 26/2/2020

Started we E2 in an Access Data Base we are now running our data in SQL

Pros

It would be nice to customize each module screen, not the program itself just the titles E2 assigned to that field. This may not be the words company uses thereby this is harder to teach employees. Also would be easier to follow if you had a sales order module separate from sales and call it production or job number
It would be great if you could incorporate auto receive to inventory items instead of having to create packing slip. Also back flush for jobs would be great for tracking components used in production

Cons

Does not have payroll module
We are ISO Certified and tracing raw material purchase order to job production to finished product is great

Allison G.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Software that takes user feedback into consideration? Who knew?!

Reviewed on 16/2/2017

I've used JobBoss for almost 11 years at a small machine shop that specializes in aerospace work. I've seen the software grow and change with updated revisions, each one more useful than the next. That's not to say the program has not been useful in the past - as the industry grows and changes, it's obvious that the company takes user feedback into consideration when improving the software.
The software is easy to use, and technical instructions (such as those for installation) and clear and thorough. Tech support is always knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

It's perfectly geared to manufacturers. There are many ways to customize features and use what works for you - and don't use what doesn't work for you.

Cons

I'm not a terribly huge fan on Crystal (one of the options for reports).