OnPay

Award-winning payroll and HR that move businesses forward

4.9/5

Julien S.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great Product

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

Pros

The customer support is fantastic, they are always solving the issue and help when they can.
The software is easy to use and the portal for employees reduces a lot of the previous communication with employees (where is my paystub? my w2?)

Cons

sometimes if there is a feature you are not familiar with, you will require tech support.

QuickBooks Payroll and Gusto

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

affordability and it's like shopping local rather than the big box
Suzan A.

Great Product, Great Support!

Reviewed on 24/7/2020

Direct Deposit for our employees is fantastic (I do not give anyone options, ever), the reporting and paying of the taxes is huge. And if I mess up, OnPay is there for me!

Pros

The interface is simple, and the updates that occur have never caused any problems, but have added functionality that was missing in the very beginning (for example, scheduling a pay rate change). I also like the ability to import into QuickBooks.

I like that On Pay pays the taxes for us! Prior to moving to OnPay, I was constantly getting adjustments on on payroll taxes from the state of the feds - that never happens anymore.

Support staff is amazing.

The reports are good and getting better.

Cons

The reports are getting better - and recently new options have been added, so that is great. I

Danielle P.

Easy to Implement and Train

Reviewed on 29/1/2020

The customer service is amazing when you have an issue.

Pros

We recommend this software to our clients because of the ease of use, and inexpensive cost. The QBO integration saves hours of manual data entry.

Cons

The PTO accruals were not really straight forward

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Ease of use and cost
Donald J.
  • Industry: Accounting

OnPay software worked well for microbusinesses with little knowledge about payroll and payroll...

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

I no longer provide payroll services or payroll tax preparation services to my clients. In an environment where payroll tax requirements are rapidly changing, such as the new W-4 form, it is helpful for me to offload client payroll processing to a cloud-based payroll service provider. Yet, I can still occasionally check in to help clients if there are any concerns.

Pros

The software was very easy to use. I'm a CPA who converted my clients who process payroll to this software. The change went well. I received good support when I needed it. My clients, some of whom have very limited knowledge about processing payroll and payroll taxes, made the change and are doing well. Where support was required the OnPay staff worked with my clients, or with me to accomplish the goal.

Cons

This change-over was done in December to be effective with the new year. Sometimes there was some difficulty processing the first weekly payroll which overlapped both years, but was paid in the new year. Ultimately OnPay support helped us work through the issues.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

The price was less and the product appeared easier to use which was very important to my clients who only had 1 or 2 employees.
Horton M.

Great Value in my opinion.

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

OnPay is a great company to work with. Representatives reached out to me very early on to help me with any questions that I had and even to offer to do as much of the onboarding process as I would like for them to do. They have continued to reach out to ensure that everything is going as planned and to make sure any new questions I might have are answered and addressed.

Pros

This is incredibly easy to set up and manage. The team at OnPay will even do as much of the work as you would like onboarding at no additional cost to you.

Cons

The only things that I have run across so far is that it would be quite nice to be able to see an employees length of time with the company in their profile. Their hire date is there so it should be easy to calculate and display alongside that hire date.

The second thing I would like to see improved is the creation of time off calculations. That section was a little confusing during set up and still does not seem to be working perfectly yet for us.

Cheryl H.
  • Industry: Farming

Easy to set up & use

Reviewed on 26/5/2021

Very easy to set up and customize to our needs. Each step running payroll is clear & concise. Even a new entrepreneur can navigate this site while it offers a great variety to higher-needs companies. I've already referred 2 people to ONPAY. Love it.

Pros

Simplicity and Tax reporting is done for us.

Cons

No cons, very pleased with functionality

Michael L.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great Value: Good user interface, easy to set-up, easy to run payrolls, very good support

Reviewed on 5/4/2020

Very good. I've implemented now for 2 organizations

Pros

Good user interface
easy to set-up
easy to run payroll
very good support
Quickbooks integration

Cons

A few of the minor category/code fields are not as easy to set-up
A fully user-defined reporting interface would be great (specific fields/payroll items, options on how to subtotal, date range, export capability)

Connie H.

Saves a lot of time and stress

Reviewed on 10/4/2020

There was some initial confusion with the Fed and State agencies over authorization to file reports, but it was cleared up quickly. All of the tax payments have been accurate and prompt, relieving a lot of stress for our small business. The sales rep and customer service people have been very helpful (rarely need customer service).

Pros

Relatively easy to implement, add and remove employees and run reports. Accurate reporting and payment of payroll taxes - very important!

Cons

I would like to have the ability to back date the payroll checks. We are on Pacific time, and occasionally we are not able to initiate the payroll until after 9pm, forcing the check date to the following day rather than the actual last date of the pay cycle - not important to everyone, but would be neater for our files.

Willena B.

Easy, Convenient and Affordable

Reviewed on 20/4/2021

Pros

The system is super easy to use. Not only for admin but for the employees as well. Set up was easy as well. If We have any questions customer service is easily available.

Cons

have been using it for 3 months and have not found any issue with system so far

Gusto

Reasons for Choosing OnPay

time consuming and expensive.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

The simplicity of the System and the fact that we could do it all ourselves and manage it ourselves.
Jason O.
  • Industry: Insurance

OnPay payroll is inexpensive and easy to use!

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

OnPay's software has made my payroll processing very simple. I can access payroll reports whenever I need to and it's really easy to add new employees. The helpdesk has always been friendly and always has the answers I need when I'm using a new feature.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and doesn't require very much training to use.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like about the software.

Curtis G.

Payroll software review

Reviewed on 30/6/2020

It has simplified my payroll and removed all my concerns on dealing with payroll.

Pros

It's the ease of use and managing all payroll taxes.

Cons

Little that I think of, most issues are small user preferences vs issues.

Eric S.

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with OnPay.

Pros

When I need to speak with someone there are short hold times.

Cons

The tracking for EST and PTO for employees should be viewable when they login. At this point I think it is only viewable once they go through the process of clicking their latest payroll statement.

Cindy H.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for 2+ years

On Pay Payroll Service

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Payroll service is less expensive and the team is great to work with!

Pros

The value for the cost of the service is the best for On Pay!

Cons

Maybe less steps in the inputting of employees

Deborah M.

I have found On Pay easy to use - everything you need is at your fingertips.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

I relieves me of the time it would take and allows me to get on with the day to day running of the business. I do not have the headache of having to calculate payroll, file and pay taxes ect. It is all taken care of. All I have to do is enter the hours and print the reports off. It is easy!

Pros

I like the simplicity of the site. Staff are always at hand instantly and always helpful and resolve any questions I have - nothing is too much trouble. Reports are all there to print off. It allows me to get on running the business and not have to worry about calculating payroll, submitting taxes and filing - it is also worth every penny. Talk about value for money!!! Very happy!

Tom M.

Payroll Made Easy

Reviewed on 19/8/2021

OnPay has streamlined my payroll. I’ve never had issues with missing or late deposits, etc. There’s a lot to say about the confidence of being able to enter payroll and and then forget about it, safe in the knowledge that OnPay will take care of it from there on out. And helps me focus on my business and my customers.

Pros

Onpay is easy to use. Running payroll only takes a few minutes of my time each week. As a small business owner, every minute is precious, so using OnPay means more time to work on my business or spend with my family.

Cons

Some of the reports are difficult to find if you don’t do it every day, but everything you need is there.

Charles M.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

My On Pay Experience

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

I needed a reasonably priced product to pay one employee and to do forms 1099 at the end of the year. On Pay was perfect for the very small public foundation I am the executive director for.

Pros

1. It is easy and quick to use.
2. I like that I can use it to generate forms 1099 at the end of the year.

Cons

Better instructions on how to use On Pay to send Form 1099 when the supplier was paid by check on not by On Pay.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to OnPay

I evaluated it to have the best value for money for my need.
Kelly P.

Easy and Cost effective

Reviewed on 28/7/2020

Onpay has updated their services and has so much to offer that I have yet to take advantage of. I look forward to when I have time to explore all of the options that Onpay has to offer.

Pros

I have used Onpay for 5 years and I love how easy it is to pay my staff every week. It is easy to pull reports when I need them and access things for my accountant. Onpay takes care of all of my payroll taxes and their chat support is always available when needed. It is the most cost effective payroll company out there!

Cons

I haven't found anything about onpay that I don't care for.

Cyril C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 2+ years

OnPay is the best Cloud Based Payroll Software on the Market

Reviewed on 22/5/2019

Overall Onpay is really a great product. My only worry is usually payroll companies usually warranty that they will process your payroll correctly. Unlike other payroll companies, OnPay makes the user enter the tax rates into their system which at the end transfers the liability partially back to the user and as a business owner, I do not like that at all.

Pros

The user interface is REALLY well designed.
They have made onboarding recently really easy.
Any questions you have can be quickly addressed with the chat button.

Cons

I have had trouble a couple of times with Tier 1 Tech Support understanding a bug. Took me about a year to get them to fix the issue.

Larry D.

Great payroll software at a super value.

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

Alway friendly staff that is eager to help answer any questions and get us to a resolution.
Software is simple and packed with features.

Pros

This software makes Payroll easy! it is very intuitive with no issues. When we do have questions, we can quickly and easily speak with a rep that is easy to understand and help us with helpful answers.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to find the information we are looking for, but after just a little bit of searching we can put our eyes on what we need. Most of the time it is just a matter of us not remembering where a particular function or feature is located.

Lane P.
  • Industry: Farming

Very happy with product and support

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

I have only positive comments for OnPay. I have had negative experiences with previous vendors so I know how bad it can be. This software is very user friendly and support is very responsive.

Pros

Support staff available by chat or voice.
Adaptable to special rules for Agriculture.
Automatically updates my Quickbooks Online register when a payroll event happens.

Cons

I actually have no complaints at all with OnPay.

Suzanne C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great for the small business!

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Pros

We are a small business and were looking for an affordable way to do our payroll. We get a great value for our money. I enter payroll and they do the rest. Even when I've made errors on my side their customer service has always been readily available to work through the issue. We've been using them a few years and year end filings have all been seamless. I highly recommend them.

Cons

I have been using for a few years and have no complaints.

Lynne B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Love OnPay

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

Our overall experience with OnPay has been great. When we needed something, they did it right away. It's easy to use and economical.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. You can enter info or employees can enter it themselves. If there are any problems, you can email, call or live chat with OnPay. That is very helpful!

Cons

The only thing I don't like is when we set up a PTO category incorrectly, it could not be deleted. We had to add another category.

Fatima S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Excellent and quick customer service/easy to use

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

very nice

Pros

All feature are very useful and it fully integrates with tsheets and quick books which is good thing.

Cons

Integration was not difficult. There are five pay period in few months if you run weekly payroll . So we have to mannually turn off deductions in 5th week. If there is some thing in setting to set only for specific number pay period per month it will be very helpful.

James C.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best Service

Reviewed on 20/4/2021

Pros

On pay makes payroll easy! Their customer support team is very knowledgeable and help is easy to get!

Cons

As of right now I have yet to find a feature that my company needs that on pay dues not have.

Arek R.

Great solution for a small business our payroll is very easy to process!

Reviewed on 31/5/2018

Easy to operate for someone without experience in finance or HR, great price, running payroll is simple and effortless.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easy to use. I had no problem setting it up and like that employees are sent a link to input their personal and bank information upon hire/set-up. This removed the possibility of data entry errors for me and also saved time.
The dashboard and reports are easy to read for someone without an HR or finance background. I particularly enjoy the warnings that alert me when something could be off during payroll processing. For ex., if an employee's pay is 15% more or less than the average of the last 2 payrolls a warning alerts me to this and I can double check my entry (our employees are paid on an hourly basis so their hours can vary).

Cons

The direct deposit set-up was a bit tricky and the only part of the process that was not intuitive. However, a quick chat with a customer service representative quickly got me back on track and I was able to set up direct deposit for our employees.