Push Operations

Scheduling, time tracking, payroll, and HR for restaurants.

4.6 /5 (46 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
4.8
Mike P.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Review on Push Operations

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

It's been overall very positive.

Pros

Very intuitive, very easy to use. Small business, so they listen to what you need, and if there are any issue

Cons

Customer service can be a bit slow sometimes; but often it's because I want something that added to the program that doesn't already exist.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate the honest feedback and we are always working on ways to improve new feature requests.
-Tianna

Clint T.
Industry: Restaurants

Best thing to come around for the restaurant industry

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Our experience has been excellent very professional ad very helpful!

Pros

Very easy to use and the scheduling made our lives easier!

Cons

There isn't much we don't like! I would like to see if Push could talk to our POS company so our labour reports could work with our system!!

Response from Push Operations

Hi Clint, thank you so much for the kind review. We're so happy to hear that your use of Push has made your life easier! - Trena

Rick K.

Re: Review on Push Operations Payroll Feature

Reviewed on 7/8/2019

I am a one man show and Push Operations' Payroll Feature has enabled me to spend my limited time on being an effective leader focusing on the operations for the furtherance of the company rather than doing daily tasks to stay intact.

Pros

Automated stat pay calculations, clock ins/outs, user empowered communication platform such as staff leaving special requests such as vacation pay, incorrect punch in/out notes, etc.

Cons

I can't really pin point anything at this point but if I had to leave a feedback on its challenges are the development of its mobile apps to feature more wholesome and advanced usability for admin users.

Response from Push Operations

Hello Rick,
So glad we can help make your life easier! We have lots of new mobile features coming down the pipeline to help admins do more away from their desks.
- Tianna

Making Payroll Easy

Reviewed on 24/1/2019

PUSH has afforded us a level of transparency allowing us to drill down and understand exactly where our labour dollars are being spent; by the department, position, employee, and even the hour.
By using PUSH, we have streamlined our payroll processing allowing us to reduce not only the time it takes to run a payroll but also our overall labour costs.

Pros

The software is straight forward and easy to learn. It has allowed us to better match staffing to demand and most importantly, control our labour costs. The support staff are friendly, responsive and very knowledgeable. They intuitively understand hourly labour in the hospitality sector.

Cons

If PUSH could provide product updates faster it would be appreciated as there are a few areas for improvement with the software (i.e. employees cannot view timesheets on the time clock). But we are grateful for the platform they have developed and the support they continue to provide and are confident that their development team will have a solution within a few months.

Response from Push Operations

Hey,
Thanks for the great review! The employee clock ins and clock outs can be seen in the employees Push Scheduler once the hours are approved. We are moving away from time sheets because the changes on the sheets could not be tracked and sending it direct to the employees app gave them a greater line of sight. If you have a special case and have not heard from us yet can you contact [email protected] and we can do our best to make the system work for you.
- Tianna

Paul S.

OUTSTANDING Do-It-Yourself Payroll and Scheduling Product! Goodby ADP and Ceridian!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 6/2/2018

Pros

We moved from ADP and it was a night and day difference. The ease of running payroll and setting up a weekly schedule is hardly worth comparison. As well, the integration between timekeeping, scheduling, and running payroll makes services like ADP seem like complete dinosaurs. No need for a clunky time-clock - employees clock in and out on an iPad. Holidays are automatically calculated - Yay! I literally spend about 2 minutes to run payroll. Finally, submitting an ROE is as easy as clicking one button. Two major headaches removed from my workflow. This industry has been waiting a long time for a product like this. Don't think twice about moving to Push. Rid yourself of the pains of payroll and scheduling.

Cons

Navigating user permissions and categories can be confusing at times. There have been a couple of times where I have had to contact customer support in order to locate a user permission.

Alfons B.

Push is saving me lots of time on the daily tasks, payroll is done faster than before I used "Push

Reviewed on 30/12/2017

Pros

Payroll can be done online from anywhere, I don't have to go in my business and have to write cheques.
The time capture is easy, no more spread sheets, and the staff likes the system as well.

Cons

Upgrades for the tablet should be done automatically, or announced per email.
Otherwise I do not have any problems with the software or tablet.

Jippy T.
Industry: Restaurants

Good payroll software for our Restaurant.

Reviewed on 11/7/2019

Pros

I work at a small Thai restaurant and needed a good payroll software that was easy and fast and this one didn't disappoint. I tried a few others but this one worked well for our needs. I liked the interface and it was pretty intuitive as well. My manager and I have been using for a little while and would recommend.

Cons

It could have a little more q&a page to answer questions when learning but the customer support was good as well. I would like to use more to fully understand.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Jippy,
Thank you for the excellent review. I am glad that Push has worked for your restaurant. Thanks for suggesting more Q & A's I think that is a great idea.If you have any specific issues you want us to work on please email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to help you out and make sure those are built out for the next new user!
- Tianna

Penny L.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

They have been great to work with.

Reviewed on 3/5/2018

time savings and accurate reporting

Pros

ease of use and the team at PUSH is very accommodating. When we request something they have their developers build it.

Cons

There is nothing we do not like about this software
The implementation and daily use are so easy !

Eric O.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Fantastic App

Reviewed on 24/8/2019

exceptional

Pros

The immediate response of customer service

Cons

The Fact that I can't jump this step cause there is not enough bad feedback

Response from Push Operations

Hey Eric,
Thank you for the excellent review! We appreciate the love.

Jennifer D.

User friendly, a great program

Reviewed on 8/5/2018

Pros

that in one full complete payroll program. That we can log in from any where and have full control of the payroll.

Cons

Sometimes processing of the ROE is not instance as it is in other payroll programs that I use. and no reminder email if by change I missed processing one of the payrolls.

Industry: Hospitality

Pretty decent payroll and time & attendance software. Easy to use, good support, good value.

Reviewed on 7/5/2018

Pros

Easy to use, visually appealing, pretty reliable. There is a smooth layout and it is pretty intuitive for navigating around the site.

Cons

There is no direct integration with our POS system. Would be much better for transferring data and creating reports.

Brendon K.

Push is very user friendly, and easy to navigate following the initial tutorial.

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

Pros

The ease of process payroll and adding earnings/deductions is the biggest draw for me, and is what pulled me away from Payworks to Push.

Cons

I wish the total withdrawal amount would be available immediately after processing (including all the fees)

Mickail M.
Industry: Warehousing

kiko

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

make the business more easy

Pros

is very easy to used , and very practice

Cons

I lither problem for install in the computer

Response from Push Operations

Hey Mickail,
Thanks for the great review.

Krystle S.
Industry: Hospitality

The features are very basic; I would like to see more HRIS functions as the HR items are primitive

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

The look of the sight is appealing. It is easy for Managers to get comfortable with the software.
Easy payroll application; I process payroll for 5 companies and use the application on a daily basis. I'm happy with the support that PUSH offers.

Cons

I would like to see more use of the HR functions. I also find that there some functions that can be streamlined.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Teena S.

Push - scheduling

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

Overall, the experience has been above average. Guest experience is great.

Pros

My team uses the scheduling feature. This saves several hours, with the team adding in their own availability and admin using the information to schedule 2 -3 weeks out.

Cons

If employees work in more than one class, under the same company, they don't get just 1 T4 but up to 6 of them. It's a hassle.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Teena,
Thank you for the review and we appreciate the honesty. I would like to try and fix the T4 issue you are having. Can you send a bit more information about it to [email protected]?
-Tianna

Paula M.

Fantastic Product!

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

Excellent Product, Fantastic Support, Easy to Use, Professional & Concise

Pros

The personal support and the emailed chat conversation that is provided after getting assistance.
The reps are amazing!

Cons

The "online manual" is not very helpful at all. That is definitely balanced out by the level/style of customer support provided though.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Paula,
Thanks for the great review!
- Tianna

Craig P.

Push Software

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

We use a third party to process payroll and use push to generate the information

Pros

Ease of use for the staff plus accountability for time off an shift change requests.

Cons

Some of the challenges handling administrators access.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Craig,
Glad the system is working for you. If you notice access to be difficult we would love more information on that feedback. Contact our support email and let us know what is causing you problems. We may be able to fix it. Contact [email protected]
- Tianna

Industry: Hospitality

Great product for small/medium company

Reviewed on 1/8/2019

Labor management, scheduling and time & attendance issues.

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to setup, excellent customer service.

Cons

Could use some more reporting for auditing. Does not interface with Quickbooks yet.

Response from Push Operations

Thanks for the great review! If you want to send an idea in on reports you think we could be missing you can do to "submit an idea" at the bottom of our home page. We would love to learn more about the reports you want to see.
- Tianna

Krista T.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Use friendly

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

Push makes it easy to run payroll and has been a reliable user friendly system.

Pros

Easy to use. Simple step by step online manuals.
Excellent live chat option for assistance
the reps in customer service are phenomenal.

Cons

that it caters to restaurant scheduling. We are a hotel and would love to see the system grow and be able to code:
hotel occupancy, arrivals and departures so that we could use the scheduling system in full.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Krista,
Thanks for the feedback I will tell my team about the feedback you have provided. I don't believe there is a plan to expand this year but it may be something we look at in the future.
- Tianna

Jaclyn G.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Push makes it easy!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 1/8/2019

Push takes care of our payroll so we can focus our efforts and energy on our top priority - providing exceptional service to those experiencing fertility struggles!

Pros

Push takes the reign on payroll so we don't have to worry about if things are correct or not, they get it right every time! It makes our company flow so much better and takes away a lot of anxiety and stress.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but when you submit a question to them you receive an auto e message saying they have received it. Getting another email, without the answer is not great, I would prefer to just wait for my answer.

Response from Push Operations

Hello Jaclyn,
Thanks for the great review! I understand getting the extra email can always be a little frustrating but we found that extra email helped people confirm we got the request, lowering the amount of people who emailed us a second time and helped us lower our response time.
- Tianna

Swede E.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Moving to Push was the best thing we could have done!

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Pros

Payroll for 60 employees takes minutes. Extremely cost effective. We scan all employee documents and upload the files to the individual record eliminating hard copies. Scheduling is a breeze and easy to learn. Customer support is the absolute best. If you have a restaurant you NEED Push.

Cons

Admin permissions can be a little confusing. Mobile functionality is somewhat lacking at this time

Steve G.

Overall good expeirience

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

Pros

I find it easy to look at schedules and see daily rosters. I also like that everyone is on direct payment vs the cheques we used to have to issue. Overall having schedules and payroll integrated makes sense for our business

Cons

Wish full weekly schedules printed better and would like to have a digiatal version of the daily roster available to look at on the login tablet

Lily ann M.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Awesome Feautures

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to navigate and understand

Cons

So far, none that i think of at this time

Response from Push Operations

Hey Lily,
Thanks for the great review so glad the system has been easy to use for you and the team.

Chantal P.
Industry: Medical Practice

Easy to use, and way better than doing yourself

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 6/8/2019

Pros

It is easy and they take care of all payroll, saved us so much money as I was trying to do myself.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Chantal, Thanks for the great review! We are happy the system is working well for you!
- Tianna

Joseph B.

Positive changes

Reviewed on 5/3/2020

WE will recommend push to others!

Pros

The transition from our old provider to Push was simple and efficient. The software is far more user friendly than the last provider we had, which speeds up the learning process dramatically.

Cons

Our only issue to date is live support is slow.