Push Operations

Payroll, HR, Scheduling, Time Tracking for small businesses

4.6 /5 (46 reviews) Write a Review!

Krystle S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

The features are very basic; I would like to see more HRIS functions as the HR items are...

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

The look of the sight is appealing. It is easy for Managers to get comfortable with the software.
Easy payroll application; I process payroll for 5 companies and use the application on a daily basis. I'm happy with the support that PUSH offers.

Cons

I would like to see more use of the HR functions. I also find that there some functions that can be streamlined.

Teena S.

Push - scheduling

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

Overall, the experience has been above average. Guest experience is great.

Pros

My team uses the scheduling feature. This saves several hours, with the team adding in their own availability and admin using the information to schedule 2 -3 weeks out.

Cons

If employees work in more than one class, under the same company, they don't get just 1 T4 but up to 6 of them. It's a hassle.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Teena,
Thank you for the review and we appreciate the honesty. I would like to try and fix the T4 issue you are having. Can you send a bit more information about it to [email protected]?
-Tianna

Paula M.

Fantastic Product!

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

Excellent Product, Fantastic Support, Easy to Use, Professional & Concise

Pros

The personal support and the emailed chat conversation that is provided after getting assistance.
The reps are amazing!

Cons

The "online manual" is not very helpful at all. That is definitely balanced out by the level/style of customer support provided though.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Paula,
Thanks for the great review!
- Tianna

Craig P.

Push Software

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

We use a third party to process payroll and use push to generate the information

Pros

Ease of use for the staff plus accountability for time off an shift change requests.

Cons

Some of the challenges handling administrators access.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Craig,
Glad the system is working for you. If you notice access to be difficult we would love more information on that feedback. Contact our support email and let us know what is causing you problems. We may be able to fix it. Contact [email protected]
- Tianna

• Industry: Hospitality

Great product for small/medium company

Reviewed on 1/8/2019

Labor management, scheduling and time & attendance issues.

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to setup, excellent customer service.

Cons

Could use some more reporting for auditing. Does not interface with Quickbooks yet.

Response from Push Operations

Thanks for the great review! If you want to send an idea in on reports you think we could be missing you can do to "submit an idea" at the bottom of our home page. We would love to learn more about the reports you want to see.
- Tianna

Krista T.

Use friendly

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

Push makes it easy to run payroll and has been a reliable user friendly system.

Pros

Easy to use. Simple step by step online manuals.
Excellent live chat option for assistance
the reps in customer service are phenomenal.

Cons

that it caters to restaurant scheduling. We are a hotel and would love to see the system grow and be able to code:
hotel occupancy, arrivals and departures so that we could use the scheduling system in full.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Krista,
Thanks for the feedback I will tell my team about the feedback you have provided. I don't believe there is a plan to expand this year but it may be something we look at in the future.
- Tianna

Jaclyn G.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Push makes it easy!

Reviewed on 1/8/2019

Push takes care of our payroll so we can focus our efforts and energy on our top priority - providing exceptional service to those experiencing fertility struggles!

Pros

Push takes the reign on payroll so we don't have to worry about if things are correct or not, they get it right every time! It makes our company flow so much better and takes away a lot of anxiety and stress.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but when you submit a question to them you receive an auto e message saying they have received it. Getting another email, without the answer is not great, I would prefer to just wait for my answer.

Response from Push Operations

Hello Jaclyn,
Thanks for the great review! I understand getting the extra email can always be a little frustrating but we found that extra email helped people confirm we got the request, lowering the amount of people who emailed us a second time and helped us lower our response time.
- Tianna

Swede E.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Moving to Push was the best thing we could have done!

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Pros

Payroll for 60 employees takes minutes. Extremely cost effective. We scan all employee documents and upload the files to the individual record eliminating hard copies. Scheduling is a breeze and easy to learn. Customer support is the absolute best. If you have a restaurant you NEED Push.

Cons

Admin permissions can be a little confusing. Mobile functionality is somewhat lacking at this time

Steve G.

Overall good expeirience

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

Pros

I find it easy to look at schedules and see daily rosters. I also like that everyone is on direct payment vs the cheques we used to have to issue. Overall having schedules and payroll integrated makes sense for our business

Cons

Wish full weekly schedules printed better and would like to have a digiatal version of the daily roster available to look at on the login tablet

Lily ann M.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Awesome Feautures

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to navigate and understand

Cons

So far, none that i think of at this time

Response from Push Operations

Hey Lily,
Thanks for the great review so glad the system has been easy to use for you and the team.
Tianna

Chantal P.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy to use, and way better than doing yourself

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

Pros

It is easy and they take care of all payroll, saved us so much money as I was trying to do myself.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Chantal, Thanks for the great review! We are happy the system is working well for you!
- Tianna

Joseph B.

Positive changes

Reviewed on 5/3/2020

WE will recommend push to others!

Pros

The transition from our old provider to Push was simple and efficient. The software is far more user friendly than the last provider we had, which speeds up the learning process dramatically.

Cons

Our only issue to date is live support is slow.

Jo B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Takes away the stresses of payroll

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

The easiest payroll system ever! complimented by an amazing support team. It doesn't get any better than Push Operations for payroll

Pros

this is the easiest payroll system I have ever used! It is easy to maneuver your way around the system and it is so quick to complete. I have never been able to complete payroll faster than this system. This frees me up for getting on with other work. The support team are amazing! They are always so very helpful and courteous

Cons

This is a tough question as it is very hard to find something that I dislike. If I really had to think of something I guess it would be that if I complete an offrun and there has been a stat day, I have to remember to make that calculation and add it to the run

Martin B.

Good Service

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

Pros

Easy to use and very convenient. Love the ability to login and adjust hours for our guys

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't capture employees login.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Martin,

Thanks for the great feedback. The system should be catching those employee logins. If you notice this continuing to happen please contact our support team at [email protected] and we can work on fixing that for you.
- Tianna

Tara H.

Time Saving

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Pros

The ease of running payroll with this system saves so much time and stress.

Cons

One very small issue is that when you are creating push messages if it times out your draft is not saved.

Response from Push Operations

Hello Tara,

Thank you for your great review of Push Operations.

I think your draft idea is a great one. We have an idea submission page that goes straight to our development team. Here is the link so you can submit your idea to us.

Rebecca H.

PUSH review

Reviewed on 8/3/2019

Overall, it's been a great experience that has expedited our payroll adventures at the company. From manual work to streamlining it online, we have increased our capacity to serve our employees and efficiently handling new problems that arise.

Pros

PUSH is easy to navigate once brief overview of the online platform is reviewed. The photo clock in and clock out serves as an efficient and convenient way for employees and employers to match hours to a given schedule as well.

Cons

There are many features and sometimes one function on the top tab must be entered before being able to access a page of interest such as earnings and deductions which could create increased time spent on accessing some functions.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Rebecca, Thanks for the great review! The feedback you offered is great. If you could send more information to [email protected]
- Tianna

Gary K.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Very efficient and scales easily to meet my needs for the organization.

Reviewed on 8/1/2018

Pros

Easy to manage team member information. We have grown our business by 3x over the course of the last 12 months, and this application has made payroll administration manageable.

Cons

Multiple ways to do a few things, and that I have on occasion selected the wrong method to complete a task.

Samantha S.
  • Industry: Market Research

Simple to use and the customer service takes the guess of out what I'm doing.

Reviewed on 3/5/2018

Pros

Simplicity overall. Easy to navigate and edit employee information. Very basic interface and it's not difficult to train others on how to use it.

Cons

The lack of information around what-does-what. Always having to reach out for assistance from customer service reps.

Brad S.

Using push has saved me at least 10 hours per month with scheduling and payroll services.

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

Pros

I love the web interface. It's clear and easy to use and makes running payroll a breeze. Scheduling is incredibly easy and allowing different users separate permissions has helped me a lot in terms of delegating certain tasks to different staff. I have referred many people to push, and I will continue to do so.

Cons

I don't like that the website does not work very well from phone/tablets. I can't approve hours or shift changes unless I'm at a desktop/laptop.
This is quite annoying and I hope that you can fix this issue in the coming months.

Anna H.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great software for keeping track of daily activities.

Reviewed on 18/5/2019

It helps the store fun effeciently as possible and presents itself very user friendly.

Pros

It is very easy to use and navigate so that I can teach our newest recruits with no problem.

Cons

The side icons can be a bit confusing as some of the wording is the same.

Rosa M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good software has really improved our payroll processing

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Pros

The payroll processing is really helpful for my team and has really improved our processes. I appreciate that I can see who else is on vacation when approving requests.

Cons

The entire program could be more intuitive. It is also quite slow to load. I wish there was more option for customization.

Response from Push Operations

Hi Rosa,

Thanks so much for the review! Your comments are very important to us.

Are there are specific modules or areas of the system that you find slow?

I'm curious because our Dev team is currently working on speed optimizations within a few areas and would like to find out if it helps when released.

Kevin T.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Payroll is not longer labour intensive for the accounting department

Reviewed on 9/1/2018

Free up labour intensive data entry and data transfer between various pages / spreadsheets/ programs. Free up time from payroll administrator to look up info for others, as all users have access to the info that they needed without the need to go through payroll department.

Pros

Transparency (managers and staff can check info themselves),
Ease of approval between managers and accounting, and
Smooth workflow from scheduling

Cons

Mobile feature could improve to get close to full experience from the web, especially on the accounting side.

Sherri R.

Everything in one place and at my fingertips!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

Pros

The program is user friendly, it simplifies everyday tasks, and reduces the risk of error. All the team member info I need is available in one place through reporting that I can customize to my needs.

Cons

A few hiccups in functionality but the team at Push is quick (as in immediate!) to resolve any questions, issues, or concerns.

Suman D.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

You're product is great!!

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

Pros

The platform is easy to use and incredibly intuitive. Restaurants have an incredibly transient workforce so we love systems that are easy to learn quickly.

Part of what I love is the automated features that support calculating labour and completing payroll. It reduced the amount of admin tasks and burden are managers are required to do and makes the entire process streamlined and quick to use.

And of course, the platform is on top of compliance!

Cons

Haven't found anything that I dislike yet!

Response from Push Operations

Hey Suman,

Thanks for the great review! Compliance is our main goal. We will keep making compliance easy for the restaurant industry.
Tianna

Mike P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Review on Push Operations

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

It's been overall very positive.

Pros

Very intuitive, very easy to use. Small business, so they listen to what you need, and if there are any issue

Cons

Customer service can be a bit slow sometimes; but often it's because I want something that added to the program that doesn't already exist.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate the honest feedback and we are always working on ways to improve new feature requests.
-Tianna