Promo.com

The Leading Online Video Creation Platform for Businesses

4.4 /5 (178 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
4.1
Sara C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Misleading company refund policy

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

The customer service and company policies were deceptive and designed to trick people into paying for a full month of service even if they end up not liking the product.

Pros

It was fairly easy to use and navigate the website.

Cons

The company page is very misleading - be sure to read all of the fine print before subscribing! They will charge your card and if you have downloaded anything your "7 day money back guarantee" becomes invalid. I downloaded 2 videos I had made with my own content and they didn't work well for what I had intended to use them for. When I tried to cancel my plan I was told that the 7 day money back guarantee was actually only for people who purchased a subscription yet never downloaded anything - which defeats the purpose of a money back guarantee in my opinion. I had no way of knowing if the product would meet my expectations until I downloaded the video - so the assurance that I could get my money back if I was unsatisfied is essentially worthless.

Nothing excuses this type of dishonest business practice.

Damien C.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great Asset for Our Marketing & Branding

Reviewed on 14/5/2020

From day one I was able to create some great content. When I log in there is usually already a message I want to convey. The template library has more often than not given me ideas on how I want to convey that message. Over the last two years, Promo has helped me create professional content which has reached my target market, helped me to both create brand recognition and accomplish our marketing agendas. The number of compliments I receive on our videos is amazing. It's a great tool which I don't see not using well into the future of our organization.

Pros

Promo templates provide great baselines for creating content. Just recently all I had to do was brand a template and go. But generally, it is an easy to use software which enabled me to expand our brand and communicate our message in the most cost effective manner possible, while providing a high quality presentation. Which as a start-up company is very important.

Cons

Honestly, for the price, ease of use and functionality. I don't have any cons. This has been an incredible asset for my company. If I had one issue, I wish we could replace the green screen with images. But outside of that no issues.

• Industry: Animation

The best video maker

Reviewed on 12/9/2019

Great experiences,
Promo made us pro with no video making experiences.

Pros

The simplicity to making and editing videos,
The calendar which made our life easy to get pre made videos.
The customer support very professional and swift service we are receiving every day,
The photo bank is one of the best i have ever seen

Cons

I love everything about it. everything is working as it should be.

Karen R.
  • Industry: Media Production

Promo Keeps My Business Humming

Reviewed on 26/6/2019

I use Promo to create content as Media Consultant for a local company as well as videos for my business, Remembering the Time. Video creation day is one of my favorite times! Thanks for making the creative process so fun.

Pros

As a freelance writer and content creator I've been relying on Promo's outstanding video creation software for several years. The interface is easy to use and the creative options are limitless. The ability to save my favorites for quick reference has been a tremendous aid to faster workflow. And--if I ever do hit a snag their customer tech support is one of the friendliest around. They've always untangled me and set me back on the path to success. I can't say enough good about this company!

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to create files to organize favorites for faster reference.

Hannah H.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Slidely Promo Review

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

PROMOTION AND ENGAGEMENT

Pros

I love this product. It's got quirky features n and the process is simply. Music library is really good to choose from as are the videos. And uploading your own stuff is easy.

Cons

There is very little I dislike. I do wonder whether they music library could be added to - even if it was just five tracks a month. If you are genre specific like i am then you can use your first choice options really easily!

Bronhil T.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Promo.com WOWS me everytime!!!

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

I find the team at Promo.com to be knowledgeable and dedicated to providing their customers with exactly what they need. I also love that I can speak with them at any time during the day. They also sat and did a virtual walk through of the software with me - AWESOME! Oh and did I mention that their response time is superb?!

Pros

I love the quality videos and the recent unlimited use of all videos. WOW!

Cons

Still pictures could be a feature of this software.

• Industry: Hospitality

Fast, simple, convenient

Reviewed on 23/1/2019

Pros

You can quickly convert your videos into different aspect ratios without having to start from scratch. Saves so much time!

Cons

The captions are required to be a minimum of 3 seconds long. But when you throw in an intro and outro, it makes it a little more difficult to create instagram stories (15 sec max.) You have to be more selective about your clip/photo choices.

Koby W.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great videos with perfect editing and lots of features

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Promo has been great to produce impressive videos with ease and have great editing and features included in these videos. It makes all videos engaging and clear and is a great choice for any type of video.

Pros

Promo makes creating videos so easy and also allows for great editing to take the video to the next level. There are tons of great features to further improve the video and engage the audience. People will love to watch and learn from Promo videos and will appreciate the improved editing and quality of the video.

Cons

Promo has so many features and options that beginners may find it difficult to navigate and understand some of the finer aspects at first, but once they become used to it, they will find it so easy, helpful and rewarding.

Camila A.

Create your videos for your networks!

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Pros

It is an extremely useful software! It allows you to create different videos in a few seconds and it works perfect for the different ads that you want to run. They have a bank of images and videos that can get you out of the mud when you have little creativity.

Cons

There are several things that I do not like about this software. The first is that its free version is not really free. In order to download or publish the video you need to pay an amount of money, the only thing really free is to play with the application.

On the other hand, its price may be a bit high for what the software is. If you look good, you can get other software that works similar to this and is cheaper

Damian Z.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

What a Great......!!!

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

Pros

Great software and very easy to use. I use this from 4 month right now. It’s perfect for my business and for task I have to do. My customers are also very happy :) I’m just proud for this. And even better now, custom service is fast, kind and customer focused. I had two “problems” until now, but finally after help from customer service is was very small problem. I was ( and I hope I can always be :) ) very happy with support team :) Especially our rep is very good at her’s job and she solved my problems immediately :) thank you again! :)

Cons

I think the pricing could be a little bit better.

Ali F.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Smooth process

Reviewed on 2/11/2017

Pros

The variety of video options and the ease of use. It's intuitive to use and makes sense. Downloaded adding the videos from my stored videos is nice.

Cons

That I will lose the video credits on my account if I stop my subscription. I can't keep up when I don't have the client need for it.

Christa K.

Promo by Slidely is easy to use and I end up with a quality video in just a few minutes! I...

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Pros

The videos and music help me get my imagination going to produce a really nice promo video. I love how easy it is to use!

Cons

I would like to see more selections of videos. I would like to see the videos sub-categorized in minutes. For example, let's say I want a video with a horse. Then, I would like to see all the horse videos categorized in 15-sec videos, 30-sec videos, 60-sec videos, etc. That way, I know if I am creating a 30-sec video, I do not have to waste my time looking through videos that are not the right timing that I need. It would be a real time-saver!

Rondell D.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 21/9/2019

Promo absolutely solves a big portion of my marketing issues

Pros

Promo is absolutely amazing! From the product they produce to their customer service! I have created a few top notch marketing pieces that I have received nothing but good feed back for I highly recommend thanks again to the promo team!

Cons

The limitations of text and transitions

Sheilla S.

Some content is better than others

Reviewed on 16/9/2020

Overall, I enjoy using it, but the quality for the price and the price structure is a bit frustrating at times.

Pros

I like the variety of videos available and the ability to crop them in different formats. It's easy to use and pretty plug and play.

Cons

The free videos are pretty cheesy. Some templates aren't thought out well and I found a few with typos. It doesn't feel like a true marketing team was behind the content/copy of their templates. Some are better than others, but I wish they put a little more thought behind their copy.

Virginia M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Charged my account without permission

Reviewed on 27/6/2020

They refuse to refund my money when I told them I was no longer interested due to the financial loss from the pandemic. Very rude and uncaring staff.

Pros

The look of the pictures and videos. Bright colors. But very disappointing in the product and advertiisng with it looked cheap to prospective customers.

Cons

Not much to it. Not enough value for the money

Response from Promo

Hi Virginia,

Thanks for reaching out and I am happy our team was able to help out during these tough times and refund that payment for you. Feel free to contact our 24/7 customer support at [email protected] if any questions or issues come up.
Thank You!

Daniel M.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Outstanding Videos, very easy to handle!

Reviewed on 24/7/2019

As we were looking for video-promotion for our social-media, promo was recommended via google. It was surprisingly easy to make the first video. What impressed me most was the support via live-chat!

Pros

Easy step-by-step use, a lot of different videos in very good quality. Even the non-premium videos are nice to use, the interface is almost self-explaining, there is a little guided tour when you use it for the first time.

Cons

There is nothing I could mention here right now. All depends on the success we'll have with the posted videos. We didn't post one yet, so it would be unfair to give a negative feedback at this point.

Korina R.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Don't Choose Promo!!!

Reviewed on 3/8/2018

Extremely disappointed.

I spent a lot on the subscription because the videos look professional, but I'm definitely regretting this purchase! Very limited editing options and unresolved technical support for their video software malfunction. Never imagined I couldn't finish a project because the software isn't working... It's going on 4 days and customer service has done nothing (except give me a few video credits that the second time I asked when I told them I was concerned and going to write a review).

I have several editing subscriptions. I would not recommend Promo!!! Their software and editing capabilities are over priced and are not guaranteed to work.

Pros

Decent video selection
Chat response time was ok, but no phone available

Cons

-Unable to save and make changes to video project after an update
- 4 days and still no correction or resolution for the issue (Unacceptable)
-Very, very limited editing options

Promo is a video saver

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

Video is an essential part of marketing but it can be hard and expensive to make videos. Promo solves that by giving you the videos and all you have to do it edit them. Or you can edit your own videos by uploading them. They do all the hard work for you and then you can spend your creative energy on tailoring a video to you.

Pros

It's so easy to make a professional looking video without any training. It makes your marketing look amazing even if you have no video experience. There are so many many options to choose from including the pre-made templates. I love that you can upload your own videos as well.

Cons

Pricing is a bit steep for what you get. I wish there was more way to make the text show up. Customer service chat has been down every time I've ever opened it and I don't know if they have a number you can call in on.

Nikita L.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Absolutely love PROMO!

Reviewed on 17/7/2019

Honestly I've had custom videos created via other services and there is no comparison, PROMO is always the way to go for us now!

Pros

Extremely easy to create quality promotional content for pretty much any business out there. highly recommended for anyone looking for inexpensive marketing collateral.

Cons

It does everything you need it to - quickly and efficiently so cannot fault them.

Chris S.
  • Industry: Insurance

Even an Insurance Guy Can Do it

Reviewed on 25/6/2019

Pros

I am an insurance broker by trade so sales, complicated wordings, antiquated procedures are my forte. However with Promo, I was able to make a great video in about 4 hours of revisions for a great value!

Cons

I don't mind the price but you get 30 clips, and I think most videos would need at least 2 clips so you are getting less then what you paid for.

Christopher P.

Simple and convenient way to create marketing vids!

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

I enjoy promo videos and I believe so does my audience.

Pros

Templates and ease of use is what I enjoy most. Quick and simple way to blast some ads out there.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't enjoy. I would suggest possibly allowing users to edit the duration of a video just as easily as the written portion. More features would also be desirable.

Adam S.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Honest Review

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

I think Promo is a good starting point if you have no experience in video creation, but can only take you so far. The staff are awesome and reply fast with helpful knowledge when you need them (they are super polite).

Pros

There's a plethora of videos and images to choose from when creating.

Cons

There's very limited editing ability. from fades to general fonts, cropping and trimming.

Gianni M.

Excellent Product & Customer Services Support

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

Had a slight issue with not being able to use our whole allocation, so contacted customer support and their help & advice was very much appreciated.

I did comment that it was nice that not only was their product excellent, but so was their customer services, so thanks again.

Pros

Very easy to use and makes really professional looking videos

Cons

Nothing, it's excellent and so easy to use

Sorcha S.
  • Industry: Design

A great little hack to making awesome videos very quickly

Reviewed on 1/10/2020

So far its great! I'm able to whip out projects really quickly and the clients are super impressed!

Pros

The best part is you have all of these stock assets in one place. Less fussing about licenses and cost per asset.

Cons

The options for customization are limited. If you want to get funky with your details and transitions it might not be for you.

Easier than expected!

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Pros

Ease of use and value for the dollar. I can drag and drop text overlays in a variety of ways, there is a vast library of video content to choose from, and really great music.

Cons

I wish that I could add buttons to track conversion to my website separate from other traffic, and also that I could do voice overlays in addition to text.