Promo.com

Greg
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Promo by Slidely is the Perfect Tool for Creating Facebook Ad Videos

Reviewed on 8/2/2018

Promo by Slidely allows me to make quality videos for my Facebook Ads auickly and easily.

Pros

What I like most about Promo by Slidely is that it makes perfect videos for my Facebook Ads. I don't have to worry about format or file size, they just work. Promo is simple to use, too. In minutes someone can go from a complete novice to a seasoned pro using this application.

I like that it handles both rectangular and square video. This way I can use it on both Facebook and Instagram with ease. The audio library is impressive. The selection is vast and the clips are easily sortable so I can find what I want. They're also available in various lengths and are easily edited for the perfect duration.

The biggest reason why I use Promo is the video clip library. They have a huge library of top quality video clips to use in your videos. This is the main thing that sets Promo apart from services like Animoto.

Cons

What I like least about Promo is that I cannot use more than one clip in a video and I can't make long videos. I have to use their stock format and length. This works for a lot of things, but it really limits my creativity.

George
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great (and easy) to deliver a single, short concept or message.

Reviewed on 3/8/2018

My experience with the tool is positive -- mostly because the overall design is simple and single-minded...almost a templated use-case. Hard to go wrong. The customer service was helpful and capable when I had inadvertently created two accounts and needed them merged. Also, when I was behind schedule they allowed me to suspend my account (and payments!) for three months while I caught up. Very nice of them.

Pros

This tool allows you to basically use existing stock video, add your text messaging and music, to make a short video. THe obvious point is that it is really-really easy. Click on a video, type two to four short messages, and they are displayed in an overlay, and pick your soundtrack.

The entire process 'might' take 5 minutes. (If you're indecisive you could spend far longer selecting your video and soundtrack.)

Cons

Don't look for multi-layered messages or complexity. These are short videos, intended to punch a point home with a metaphoric video and a soundtrack that supports (or at least doesn't detract) from the message. You can use this for 'awareness' or advertising -- but its far from being an explainer video. The subscription is also pricey for what you get. But there are a lot of videos and soundtrack to choose from. I just wish more of them were directly applicable to B2B selling.

Marina

Horrible service and staff is VERY unhelpful

Reviewed on 30/3/2022

I contacted the Promo team countless times, because their videos just would not download and elements would load incorrectly for me. When I wanted to cancel, they offered to downgrade my account so that I would pay less. When they downgraded my account to $20 instead of $50, I not only still had technical issues, BUT Now I couldn't even use PREMIUM videos, even though in my account it said I had 66 premium videos to use. I even sent them a screenshot. WTF. I am so mad. I wanted a refund and they only gave me an $80 refund, when those 66 premium videos cost me WAY MORE. TOTAL SCAM. DON'T SIGN UP.

Pros

Premium templates are good, but way too many technical issues. I can't say anything good about Promo.

Cons

TOTAL SCAM! Frequent technical issues when customizing videos, uploading logos, changing font or text size and then when you're ready to publish, it won't publish. Customer service was not helpful.

Response from Promo

Hi Marina,

Thanks for reaching out, we are sorry to hear about your experience and would be happy to take a look into your account to help out. We were unable to locate your account.

Can you email our team at [email protected], and we will answer within a few minutes, our support team is here 24/7 to provide immediate support?

Nirav
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A good alternative to advanced video editing tools

Reviewed on 31/5/2022

We are one of the most popular automobile brands and have an active social media account with millions of followers. We need to maintain consistency when it comes to video creation. Consistency can be in the form of branding, tonality, fonts, overlays, etc. With Promo's brand preset features we can easily do this.

Pros

1. A person with zero video editing skills can also get started
2. You can make videos from scratch in less than 15 mins
3. Completely online platform - no need to download anything
4. Very easy to use. You do not need to watch any tutorials to get started
5. Option to choose from multiple templates (5000+)
6. They provide a free content calendar with templates
7. Templates available in multiple dimensions
8. You can integrate with social media handles and publish videos on social media directly using the tool
9. Since social media integration is possible they can help you with insights to select templates that are trending

Cons

1. Very expensive (cheaper alternatives are easily available)
2. If you want to make personal videos like birthday invitations then you do not have a lot of templates. Their focus is more towards social media creator
3. Video rendering time is a bit on the higher side

• Industry: Accounting

Unethical conduct in billing

Reviewed on 11/1/2022

They dropped their price by about 60% because the rest of industry offered the same service for that price point.

They auto renewed us for the full price. Then when we said cancel it, they offered us a "discount" of the amount they never should have charged.

They asked if we wanted the discount deal or cancel, we said cancel. They said "too late" you missed the cut off, read our policy.

We are done. We will not do business with a company that acts this way. They got to keep our money but we are not using their service.

Pros

The ease and product were equal to others in the industry.

Cons

Their customer service and business ethics.

Response from Promo

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out, and we would be happy to take a look into your account to help out. We were unable to locate your account.

All monthly and annual plans can be canceled from within the billing section of the website if you decide not to continue.

• Industry: Insurance

Great product to make simple videos

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

Pros

Promo makes it easy to put together a quick video that looks great for any format, social, instagram, stories.

Cons

There isn't a lot of flexibility with this software. You cannot delete an outtro screen. Most of their stock videos are repetitive and not the best quality.

Mohala

Easy Promo videos with Promo

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Exciting! I love being able to take an idea and translate it into a video. Visual presentations are a driving force in today's marketing game and Promo let's me play with the big dawgs.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. Straight forward editing options as well as a huge selection of stock videos and images.

Cons

Limited fonts, this is a personal preference con. I'd like to see a few more font options and maybe some different animations for said fonts.

Marissa

Great tool hope it gets better!

Reviewed on 13/7/2018

More attention to our posts

Pros

I really like promo. Our little business has received a lot more attention when we promote with video. Adding witty copy is fun and engaging, I really like doing marketing with this program!

Cons

On the downside, their music selection is still not great, especially the soothing, Spa-like stuff that we sometimes need, but I anticipate their music library will grow over time.

Robin

Does not keep your data secure and horrible customer service otherwise great.

Reviewed on 8/7/2021

Horrible

Pros

video and music selection was good, ability to publish directly

Cons

They had a data breach, and my information is now possibly open to everyone. I cancelled my account and was still charged under the same email, but somehow Facebook login is a different account. Tried cancelling again and could not. Customer service was not helpful. I had to trigger a suspension on purpose to get my account finally canaceled.

Response from Promo

Hi Robin,
We would be happy to take a look into the account to ensure it is canceled for you. Please reach out to us at [email protected]

• Used for 6-12 months

Promo by Slidely has come in handy when it comes to making videos for FB advertising.

Reviewed on 17/10/2017

Pros

My favorite thing about Promo by Slidely is how easy it is to use. They already have videos and music you can select from without having to worry about copyright.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Promo by Slidely is that the customization of the slides/screens is a little limited.

Kimberly

I Create Videos that Convert for Client in 4 Minutes

Reviewed on 27/5/2019

Pros

Social ads, email, all content - when I want to express an emotion or add a branded message, Promo is my go-to platform to create videos that not only convey, but convert because the content is classic, or fun, or anything I can imagine. I can do this in as little as 4 minutes to spending more by uploading my own video content to add with the licensed video on the promo platform. That's key. The biggest thing though I would say is if I have a problem, this team has a chat button so easy to use and I've literally never ever waited to get help. Tell me where else right now that happens. Not even Facebook or other video platforms have this. They are always eager to help. That helps me...helps my client..helps my sales.

Cons

I am not able yet to upload transparent image overlays...yet. These guys are always creating new stuff monthly - new tool, which is why I always keep on coming back.

Wendy
  • Used for 2+ years

Excellent products! Excellent services!

Reviewed on 28/5/2019

Excellent service! I had a last minute project due the day I contacted customer service and they were able to help me resolve a tweak in less than five minutes. They have fast, friendly service and are able to understand what you need, no matter how frazzled you are at last minute. Thank you so much for saving my project! :)

Pros

I love how user-friendly this software is. Whether you have to create an ad or a short video for an event, you can adapt the software to suit your needs. I've been using Promo videos for a couple of years and have just opened a new business that will benefit from this software.

Cons

Last year, there were less features that made it a little less accessible for what I needed. They have listened to their customers and added new tweaks and features to suit everyone's needs. If you see something missing, that you require to enhance your marketing, just let them know. I'm impressed!

Daniel

It's All In The Details

Reviewed on 1/2/2021

They are responsive, full of integrity, cutting edge and the customer service is a straight 10 !

Pros

Focused on details. They THOGHT "How can we make this the easiest, simplest and best priced video platform ?" and THEN they went and did it...

Cons

No many... I guess the only real "con" is that most people will use the same hot videos that everyone is using.
HOWEVER, with the ability to BRAND, upload your own fonts AND do filters and change the music ...I can not really see how that would affect me.

Response from Promo

Thank You Daniel for that great review!

Alex
  • Used for 2+ years

Awesome !

Reviewed on 26/10/2019

Nice

Pros

So many choices, I like to surf on videos, imaginating the music and message to add

Cons

Price ! some packages as in 2016 will be better for little companies in order to buy only 10 and + 10 videos

Kimberly
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used for 1+ year

Software is fine. Customer Support Horrible.

Reviewed on 8/6/2020

NEVER AGAIN. Would never recommend this company to ANYONE.

Pros

Easy to use would like more options to edit

Cons

Once this company gets your credit card they refuse to stop charging your account. The annual charge of 495.00 is still charged even after you have asked for a cancel. When you contact they they first will tell you they will reduce the charges and only charge you 50% (mind you it was the same day it hit my credit card) after much back and forth they communicated the best they could do was a 70% refund. Its completely ridiculous that they could not cancel and refund the charge in the same day . Its very shady business practices.

Response from Promo

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for your post and feedback. We would be happy to take a further look into the account as if you set the account to cancel prior to the renewal charge then there will not be any further charges to the account. Can you reach out to us at [email protected]?

Susan
  • Used for Free Trial

Nonprofits and Promo

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Even though Happy Jack Cats, Inc. is a nonprofit, we still need powerful marketing materials. Our very existence, and the lives of many animals depend on our being able to fund raise effectively. Sophisticated materials keep us from looking unworthy of donations. Success breeds success. Promo makes it possible for us to look good and, consequently do good.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use, the variety of clips, and the numerous, fantastic music choices. I'm not a videographer, and do not have sophisticated equipment or software for making great videos. Promo does everything for an unskilled user like myself, plus my organization, a nonprofit kitten rescue, does not have the funds for the hiring of skilled people or for expensive software and hardware. Promo offers fun, high-end quality clips which are applicable to my cat rescue. The software is easy to use and the learning curve is short, so I was able to quickly put together a video asking for donations on #givingtuesday 2019, that I'm proud of.

Cons

I have yet to find a problem. If I do I will share it with Promo, and I'm sure their team of experts would address it.

Taylor
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Top-Notch Marketing Product

Reviewed on 13/6/2019

Pros

Promo.com has accelerated our digital media marketing efforts. As the marketing manager of a midsize nonprofit with limited staff, budget and time, social media marketing usually falls at the bottom of my priorities. Promo.com has empowered me to develop eye-catching social ads in a very short amount of time (usually 30 minutes or less) and at a cost that fits my budget. With a vast database of unique video clips and background music to choose from, Promo.com has quickly become one of my favorite marketing tools!

Not only would I recommend Promo.com for its ease of use and affordability, but their customer service team rocks! When I discovered an issue I could not resolve on my own, customer care was quick to respond and offer solutions to meet my needs.

Cons

The only limitation that I have experienced is text editing. The options for adding text to video are pretty limited and it would be great to see more text editing features available without making it overly complicated.

Vicky
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Love the Videos

Reviewed on 26/6/2019

I'm able to get a quality product done in a short amount of time. In my line of business, time is a very valuable commodity. Plus, the product looks like something I would have paid much more for than what I actually do.

Pros

That I can customize it and make it look as if I spent hours when it only takes a few minutes.

Cons

Sometimes, the videos that I develop for my facebook coverpages don't display correctly and I have to go back in and move things around...even if I save the video as a facebook cover.

Karen
  • Industry: Media Production

Promo Keeps My Business Humming

Reviewed on 26/6/2019

I use Promo to create content as Media Consultant for a local company as well as videos for my business, Remembering the Time. Video creation day is one of my favorite times! Thanks for making the creative process so fun.

Pros

As a freelance writer and content creator I've been relying on Promo's outstanding video creation software for several years. The interface is easy to use and the creative options are limitless. The ability to save my favorites for quick reference has been a tremendous aid to faster workflow. And--if I ever do hit a snag their customer tech support is one of the friendliest around. They've always untangled me and set me back on the path to success. I can't say enough good about this company!

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to create files to organize favorites for faster reference.

Vitor

Account suspended without getting in touch (emails go to spam)

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Horrible

Pros

I paid for my account for 1 year. I rarely used it. But I used it last month to download videos and put them together to make a longer video (they don't provide long videos). They cancelled my account even paid one year ahead and told me they tried to get in touch with me but I saw their email went to spam. No phone calls, no messages, just these emails. No refund, they didn't give me even a chance to explain properly.
They get your money and it's enough for them. Horrible customer service working only with emails. The worst company I've ever worked with.

Cons

Only short videos provided. That's not enough. You can edit well on their platform.

Response from Promo

Hello Vitor,
Unfortunately the terms of service in using the product were not followed and after several warnings on the infractions in downloading raw footage without editing, the account was suspended.
We make it very clear in the terms of service that downloading of raw footage is not permitted and we provided notification several times, but the violations continued and we are unable to continue to keep your account active.

Luisa
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Promo User

Reviewed on 25/5/2019

An excellent experience over all! Very satisfied. Looking forward for the new features to share directly on instagram.

Pros

I like the user friendly applications and the exceptional customer service. All my questions have been addressed within 3 minutes directly on the work page... do not have to leave the window, which makes it easier to chat with the assistant while implementing the recommendations.
NOTE: I work late at night, usually after midnight, and the response time frame is withing the 2 to 3 minutes. I am very satisfied with Promo.

Cons

that i cannot implement photos of my product within the video frame.

Marisa

Never helped my to fix my problem

Reviewed on 7/9/2020

bad/ terrible/ inefficient and unprofessional

Pros

I used to use this promo.com to do my daily videos without any problem. However, 10 days ago I starting having problems to upload videos on Instagram ....I was chatting with an operator for 2 hours and finally my case was transferred to technical support ....UNTIL today, nobody contacted me and I am still having the same problem .....I can't upload my videos to Instagram and nobody cares / helps me

Cons

Nobody helps you if you if you have a problem ....operators don't know what to say

Lonny

Features severely limited.

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

I think they have a good concept, but they are far from being user friendly and too limited to be valuable. Too many other services that can provide better services.

Pros

For simplistic videos it is OK. Good variety of videos.

Cons

When then went to their premium video selection, some videos can cost multiple credits. Same videos are much cheaper elsewhere. Cannot upload quality videos without a headache. Even after speaking with tech support they wanted me to upload my video to a third party so they could check it out. I don't have time to mess with this program. With newest upgrade, previous videos can no longer be accessed because of the new system. Total waste of years with this group.

Response from Promo

Hi Lonny,
Thanks for the feedback on the simplistic and good variety of the videos. Sorry to hear you had an issue uploading your own content and I will reach out for the file to see what the issue may have been.

Rachel
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Used for 1-5 months

This is the product of the year for our team! WOW!

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Promo by Slidely made us into professionals and we were able to make as many videos as we want and need without hiring a professional team, thus enabling us to be much more agile. Unlike most other video making sites, there is a wealth of stock video and photos available... not like other sites where you think you found the final price but you are required to keep upgrading for the best stuff. It is really, really, really great.

Pros

Promo was the greatest thing our team found. We have been going back and forth for months about how we will launch a promo video, and I went ahead to create one via slide.ly... wow! It was so easy to use, made me feel like a professional. The videos and photos in stock are incredible. We got so many compliments on the videos we produced. Most of all, the team is amazing - helpful, nice, fun. Highly recommend!!!

Cons

Dont have anything to write here. Had such a great experience

Jeff

Most Functional & Fun Video Production Tool Ever

Reviewed on 29/5/2019

It took no time to make custom videos with client's footage seamlessly interwoven with stock footage that would cost a lot to achieve from scratch. Music and footage rights are sewn up with the push of a button. I feel like they are in the next room while I work, that is how good their customer service is, they are right there in the chat box ready to help :)

Pros

Allows one marketing guy or gal to operate like a video production studio.

Cons

The fact that I didn't know about it sooner :)