Renderforest

Online video & animation platform

4.8 /5 (332 reviews) Write a Review!

Kim D.

Lost

Reviewed on 6/6/2020

Frustrating. Presumably, I can add voice and animation, but I don't know how.

Pros

There is a free version. Unless I learn more about it, there are no pros to using it.

Cons

Okay, I have just started, so maybe after a while my view will change; however, for now this product is practically useless for me.

I have been looking for a good free replacement for Xtranormal since it went down almost a decade ago. I want something that will allow my young students to make an animated story. I saw Renderforest praised on neutral sites like Quora, so I thought I'd give it a try. The front page is busy and uses ambiguous words, making it hard to know where to go. Once I got that figured out, I made a three-panel short. Then I had to wait for it to get processed. While I waited (over five minutes, but you don't have to wait around, since Renderforest sends an e-mail when the processing is finished), I tried to learn about the site. The guide tour (voice bubbles) was unclear, confusing and inadequate. At the end, there was a note that a tutorial would explain more for those of us who didn't understand. But I couldn't find the tutorial "down below." A lot of reviews praise the staff support. I can't, because I can't find any contact information. The faq doesn't answer nitty-gritty questions. Well, after a while, I checked my e-mail. The three-panel story I had made did not exist: The first two panels were gone. When I tried to edit (clicking on 'edit'), I couldn't (see how to) add any panels. There was a button for left or right placement, but I don't know what that means: When I clicked on it, I didn't see the panel move, nor did I see the

Leah J.
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Awesome, But Way Too Expensive

Reviewed on 3/1/2021

Great experience, just leaves your wallet sad.

Pros

The quality of the content you can create on Renderforest is top notch but buying a software that allows you to create similar content is cheaper in the long run. Other apps and sites in the same category are similar prices (monthly charges through subscriptions) but considering this can be outsourced or just done yourself for much less money I personally feel the price is too high for these services.

If you have the money I highly recommend Renderforest because it does create beautiful high quality content that is customizable and the site and app are easy to use, but like I said, there are cheaper options for the same quality.

Cons

I think they need more templates but that is just nit picking, they actually have a good selection if you're creating once a week content. As someone that creates and releases content daily though, there needs to be more templates.

Ahmed S.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Create the best explainer videos

Reviewed on 5/2/2021

My experience with Render forest has been amazing since they have helped me along in completing many of my clients projects

Pros

I really liked the fact that they have a totally free plan as well for those who can not afford to pay for subscription

Cons

There’s nothing to dislike about Render forest but it could have been even better for the users if there were a few more templates in the free version

Using Renderforest

Reviewed on 14/7/2020

I'm using Renderforest for an online course for parents who would like to teach their children to read English.
The pilot group has told me that the children loved the animations, and watched the clips over and over again.
I was easily able to combine animations, videos, music and voiceovers with the material I'm teaching.
Whenever I had technical questions, the support team replied quickly with clear answers to my questions.

Pros

First of all, the customer support is amazing. The program is essentially easy to use, but whenever I did have questions, they were answered quickly and courteously so that I could continue working without losing time. The animations are very cute and it's easy to have both music and
voiceover going at the same time, with control over each. Changes are easy to make, and the free previews mean that you can keep working on a project for free until the results are satisfactory enough for a quality export. As for the graphics, the possibities are almost endless. Most importantly, the final product looks very professional.

Cons

For my specific projects, I would have appreciated a few more fonts to choose from. I also would like to be able to copy a scene from one project into another project more easily.

Abdul M.

The Best Free Online Animated Video & Slide Show Maker

Reviewed on 11/4/2020

I use RenderForest to create my YouTube Courses intros and Promotional Videos for my YouTube channel. It really helped me in past when I was not able to pay some expert to create these videos. With it's free membership I was able to export videos in HD and that's the main thing that I really appreciate in RenderForest.

Pros

RenderForest is the best free online Animated Video & Slide Show Maker. It allows us to quickly, easily and affordably create logo Animations, Slide Shows, White Board videos, Explainer Videos and Promotional Videos. It also allows user to create these videos in HD Quality for free. (You can also pay to get premium services). Best for Small business & newbies who don't have money to pay for these services.

Cons

Customer support have to be improved. You can get your answer in 24 hours but sometime it takes up to 3 days.

Nathan P.
  • Industry: Program Development
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Best templates

Reviewed on 24/2/2019

Other sites took me a long time to make a video I wanted, renderforest took me half the time.
Their templates are slick & has a variety to suit anyone
The simple drag and drop for pictures make it so much easy & the background music makes the video even better

If your designing a video, don’t look anywhere else.... just go here

Pros

Best site for easy to use templates, the customer service team are always on hand to help tweak your video too.

Like me I have no design skills, but when u look through their own templates, u can take one & then edit it to suit you

Cons

This site has everything u need

Customer service are excellent
Templates are mind blowing

I haven’t found anything that I don’t like

Response from Renderforest

Dear Nathan, thank you very much for your super nice review.
We are always there to help you create professional videos on your own.

Sumegha M.
  • Industry: Accounting

Easy, Simple, Quick and Best Video Creation Tool

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Its immensly valuable in communicating our message to clients and social media updates

Pros

For a beginner in Video Creation, Its simply best solution available in market, its easy, quick, simple and ready to use tool with no prior brainier knowledge of video editing is required and its templates are very effective in passing the message to consumers and its fast and no dependence on third party vendors now. Its our idea, our executive and our uploading to websites.

Cons

It only allows to use one template at a time, it should allow to use atleast 3 templates in one video so it will add dynamics to quality of video and pricing is based on number of downloads , instead it should be for each templates.

Response from Renderforest

Hey dear Sumegha. We are thankful for your review. Our team is working hard to make your video and logo creation experience better and better. What about using many templates in the same video we will take it into account for sure.

Paola M.

Renderforest is a simple software that allows me to make videos with professional quality

Reviewed on 4/7/2018

Renderforest is undoubtedly one of the best programs to edit video that is at the same level of Adobe Premier or Final Cut. Thanks to this software I have been able to prepare audiovisual material both to immortalize family moments and to enrich my work as media manager. Renderforest is a great ally.

Pros

It is easy to use so anyone can easily edit a video. It has a variety of templates that makes work easier and helps us save time. It has high quality filters as well as effects, dissolvences and transitions to create the best videos. It has an acceptable audio quality.

Cons

The price is somewhat high to be able to create videos in quality higher than 1080. However, I think it is worth making the investment.

Response from Renderforest

Hey Paola. Thanks a lot!

Farid R.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Unique platform for creating advertisement and promo videos

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Pros

Renderforest is a browser based platform and that is why I liked it most. It is revolutianary platform for creating amazing intro videos or presentations without any hardware requirement. If there is an internet connection Renderforest is reachable in anywhere without any installation. At work I mostly use Renderforest for creating promo videos or presentations for our customers. With rich variety of templates Renderforest makes my creativity limitless.

Cons

While adding different scenes I also want to add different songs to each scene. But it seems impossible for now. Music can only be added to whole presentation. I hope developers will take that into consideration.

Response from Renderforest

Hi Farid. Thanks a lot for your review. It's really very important to us. We are improving our platform day by day and hope that you will like our new features.

Hasan H.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Create amazing and creative promo videos for your business and increase sales

Reviewed on 27/10/2018

Pros

Renderforest is amazing tool for creating presentations and promo videos about product and services of our company. We don’t need expensive video editing software packages anymore. Because Renderforest offers all of this features without any software installation. You can create amazing presentations right from your internet browser. With rich variety of presentation templates Renderforest provides unique ideas for any business type. My most liked and often used feature in Renderforest is whiteboard animation toolkit which gives extra visuality to videos and makes videos more understandable by audience.

Cons

While creating audio react visualizer animation styles are very limited. Current styles are not bad but it would be great if new styles added regularly. Because with limited animation styles most created videos will look like same.

Response from Renderforest

Hi Hasan. Thanks for your review. It's very important to us. We add new templates each week. We will try to add more music visualizer templates.

Debjit B.

Costly but powerfull online video creating tool.

Reviewed on 19/4/2019

Renderforest is a good online tool for you if you can afford it. Its editing capability is not that complex but they provide stock image and videos which is a good and time-saving option.

Pros

I needed to create a whiteboard animation for my tutorial purpose but didn't found any tool that does that quickly. Renderforest helped me to get my work done quickly. It is so easy that took me almost an hour to produce this video. It has a template named whiteboard and lots of tutorials oh how to build one. Whiteboard animation tool kit is what I really need but I like the intro video. It is simple and royalty free with music, which is hard to found these days. Like the simplicity and their trail plan really workes.

Cons

The price point is really high for me as it is a DIY tool. And stock image/video quality is not that vast, you can use some video editing software for this purpose.

Response from Renderforest

Dear Debjit, thank you much for your super kind words. What concerns to the pricing terms, we'll take it count of course and will try to make our platform more affordable for you in the future. Thanks for using Renderforest. :)

Kasey B.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Great video editing software - all online as well!

Reviewed on 9/7/2018

All online and very easy to use, has a great tutorial

Pros

I needed some basic video editing software for intros and various little things like that. No download software needed, it's all online here which is great, their trial version offered really self explaining tools for logo creation and intro templates. It did the job I needed in a pinch and I can tell you can really go hog wild on the paid more extensive programs if you needed. I highly recommend you get on that free trial first and see if you like it because it saved me a huge some of money having a third party do this for me on a few of our video projects...

Cons

I really did not experience any issues with this product, it did most of the work for you and did not take up any space on my computer to download it like most products out there.

Response from Renderforest

Kasey, thanks a lot for your review. We're happy that you've liked the platform :)

Benoit B.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

A service pro and of quality

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

The video promotion of our services and the communication on our new image

Pros

A site proposing an exceptionally well conceived(designed) service(department) and with a very professional depiction allowing the development of the image of a small company(society) as ours. The service(department) takes easily in hand and the quality of the after-sales service is excellent. I recommend strongly this site

Cons

I meet no problem of functioning concerning the services proposed by the site and thus I have no element which I do not like on RENDERFOREST. On the contrary I advice deeply this site for small companies wishing to communicate on their image for the occasion lesser but a quality depiction

Kim M.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Ease of use for Explainer Vids

Reviewed on 4/11/2018

Pros

So easy! I don't have to time the video, mark the transitions...For quickie projects, you can use almost any template and the end product looks awesome. *I've yet to create one from scratch using this platform.

Great platform in general because you have a lot more options without being forced to upgrade for silly things like ... less crappier music than the free version. Here, they give you high quality product, up front, without wrangling you.

This should definitely be in your arsenal of marketing and creative resources.

Cons

Just started, but noticed that you should be careful about the subscription tier. If you look closely, it is per export. If you don't preview your material, you could easily run out of exports for the month (or purchase more, ala carte).

Chris G.

Wow, easy to use, and save my time. That's what I am looking for.

Reviewed on 10/3/2018

Pros

Very fast, put logo or anything.. fits my needs....for my template. That what I used the Renderforest.com, and awesome service, highly recommend you. have varies of template, to match your needs, and quick edit, add your logo, or whatever u want to put. Stunned, and saved my time. Order easy.. w/ three different packages...low, middle, high Reso. ..... Check it out.

Cons

Cons ? I don't see anything wrong.... but just small is I wish I can add more extension of time..add a few seconds. Some temaple can do some not.

Thabo M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Very helpful for start ups

Reviewed on 18/9/2018

it helps my business with easy video marketing templates.

Pros

The Renderforest software is easy to use and the templates are very good for any start-up who want to create videos for their marketing.

Cons

colours for edit are still not well implemented

Response from Renderforest

Hi Thabo. Thanks for this review. We are happy that you like our platform and we are working on fixing color issues.

Antonio H.
  • Industry: Machinery

Customer Serivce

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

Overall I like the easy to use site, template layouts and upload options. I also like the different high def choses of video you can buy as well. I would definitely recommend.

Pros

The user friendly interface allows creating videos and teasers easy. I like that they add new templates constantly. The process of uploading images and music is quick as well. They also provide per-loaded sounds to use as well which I like.

Cons

Some of the templates are much shorter than others. There are some that allow about a 5 1/2 minute long video and than there are other that only allow up to 9 seconds. I would like to see more options between the two lengths.

Response from Renderforest

Hi Antonio. Thanks for your time spent on this review.

It's really important to us. We want to say, that we have different type of templates, and for some of them you can customize the scene duration.
For more info you can contact our support team: [email protected]

Alex M.

The Best Online Animator & Slideshow Tool available.

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Pros

RenderForest has helped me pass the brick wall I have been facing when trying to visualise my new business and how it will show the world what it does. Renderforest has kindly made templates for people who might find themselves in my situation and enable them to think outside the box. The RenderForest website is well designed and extremely user-friendly. The platform allows click and type edits which speeds up the entire process of making an advertisement, slideshow or animating a logo. I recommend this platform to anyone operating a Business, Club, Society or a YouTuber!

Cons

I couldn't find any cons while using the RenderForest platform. I will, however, make a small request, that is to keep up the amazing work!

Author charlotte l. B.

I love Renderforest Videos

Reviewed on 1/2/2019

Pros

It's very user-friendly. I Love the graphics and al the choices they have to offer. It's definitely worth the money

Cons

I have no complaints at all. Something I been looking for that can be used for any promo or marketing information.

Response from Renderforest

Dear Charlotte, thanks a lot for your kind review. We are happy that our platform is useful to you. Thanks for using Renderforest.

Marco A.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great customer support

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Pros

Customer support was very open to communicating with me.

Cons

A desktop or mobile version would be great for working offline.

Stefan E.

Renderforest - Just what i needed.

Reviewed on 22/8/2018

Pros

That it is quick and easy and it dose not charge for low quality the videos. i can still use them to test my projects and then buy the video i want.

Cons

Ad better stock audio tracks in the free section.
And maybe allow free users one low quality video without a watermark free.

Daniel H.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Easy to use with a lot of different templates, and a great and fast customers service

Reviewed on 15/6/2020

They have an amazing website, offering templates for any taste. Also their customers service is quick and effective.

Pros

Renderforest offers a bunch of different templates, which are easy to use. It is a great value for your money spend. My final product I bought turned out differently than I expected, but after sending an email describing the problem, they fixed the issue in no time.

Cons

The preview feature is in very low quality and therefore i got a result different from what i expected. An HD preview in some way could give the site more quality. All this got fixed after, by an e-mail correspondence with their customer service.

Ritesh C.

Best Video Software with amazing Features and Functionalities

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

Best tool for education industry and even for corporate. My brother also create amazing videos with this tool for any kind of client presentation. All in all best tool.

Pros

Render Forest is the best online video making platform that allows students and corporate to present their views with this tool. With different templates and 3D animations it gives a better user experience to one.

Cons

Render Forest is quite costly and also it would be great if you will bring the offline video making version of this.

Response from Renderforest

Hi Ritesh Chauhan, thanks for your time spent on this review. It's very important for us. We will discuss your mentions cons.

Samdish K.

Easy to Use and Extremely Helpful.

Reviewed on 1/3/2018

Made a promo video with 30 min without any hastle.

Pros

The User Interface is very Friendly. Renderforest helps you to make unique eye catching videos with the minimum efforts.

Cons

You can not change the Font Size to Bigger Fonts. Also, there are not much options of screens and promo templates available for start up mobile applications leading to which a lot of text screens are needed to be used.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Amazing Easy to use tools to create quick videos

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

Pros

Loved the ease of use, rich templates and quick support.

Also the stock videos was a huge help !!

It is great for making small stories / explainers with videos shot on phone and stock pictures.

Cons

To be honest i didnt use any other application to do this task, so i;m not sure what is lacking in this software. For me it gave me everything i wanted !