E2 Shop System

Shop management for shops & made-to-order manufacturers

4.3 /5 (665 reviews) Write a Review!

Steve C.

Steve Cate

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

We can quote jobs so fast with E2 it has become the way we control the pace of our business. If we want to be busier we submit a quote within hours of the RFQ. If we are too busy we take longer to submit quotes. It also helps a lot with scheduling but scheduling is the most difficult function to use.

Pros

Ease of use and good tech support. Very similar to quickbooks

Cons

When allocating stock to jobs, unless it was purchased specifically for that job, it is a bit cumbersome so we had a custom report written to allow the tag number of the inventory to be scanned.

Would recommend!

Reviewed on 30/3/2021

I'm very happy with this system and would recommend.

Pros

I think what drew us to this ERP system from the start is the aesthetics. It's got a great color scheme and easy to find your way around the system with the color coded sections and icons. A close second is the flexibility you have with E2. You can pretty easily undo mistakes and recreate packing slips, invoices, etc.

Cons

I want to be able to customize the reports more easily. I don't know how to use their Report Designer and it's not easily self-taught.

Louise R.

2020 review

Reviewed on 5/1/2021

Much better to track time and costing on work in progress.

Pros

Employees can keep track of time on each job

Cons

Would like an easier way to receive product that arrives in the warehouse

Laurence S.

Everything you ever NEEDED to know

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

E2 manages ALL your data from your shop floor through your bookkeeping. The reports have always been the best selling point. Even sorting data becomes easy with the various export methods. You can quickly transfer the report dat to say excell and then again manipulate and massage as need for even more insight. I have always (and will continue to) recommend this sofware to other owners.

Pros

This software has the ability to organize your business workings into manageable reports. Reports that you can tailor to you specific needs. The more you follow the simple rules of E2, the more benefits it can deliver. In my own business no two jobs are alike and no procedures for the jobs are identical yet E2 understands this principle and manages to sort data in such a clear manner as to help you with decisions going forward on all future work. I cannot give a higher recommendation on any other similar system.

Cons

1.) I wish I could control the "Markup Pct." column in the General Tab when entering parts. I feel this item should have strict control - administrator only! Any of my people entering a part has the ability to change this percentage at will. Many an argument has resulted from my becoming aware of someone making an adjustment to this column, I wish I could lock it!

2.) When processing a return, it writes back to the original Order and amends it. Now the "Order Total" changes. It should not change. The order total should still match the customer P.O. total. The simple code should be that the (Qty Ordered) X (Unit Price) goes to make up the (Order Total) UNLESS there is something in the 'Master Job Number' column. In this manner the customers P.O. amount would still match up to the Order Total

John K.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Necessary tool for manufacturing shop

Reviewed on 26/3/2019

We need a system that could fulfill our shop needs.
E2 Shop System is user-friendly while providing multiple functions to our shop.
it really helps ensuring traceability especially when our shop requires AS9100 standard.
If and when E2 system have some glitches, customer service are always easy to reach and can resolve issues remotely.

Pros

The thing our shop like most about this software is the ease of use.
Unlike other system (such as Oracle), new users can pick up the basic functions within a week, with ease.
For example, a newly hired purchaser can create a PO easily within first couple days. All the PO requirements can be pulled up merely by searching with job number or part number.
This shop system is ideal for shops like us that do not have 3 months training period just for understanding and/or using shop software. This also increase the work efficiency of employees.

Cons

In the summary sections (order summary, purchasing summary, inventory summary), we wish there are more output options we can select. Example a chart that can conclude summary would be a very nice addition.
This can visualize our shop trend and would be a great input to management meetings.

Carlos S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Outstanding Software - Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 5/6/2019

We have been a long time customer and have been very pleased with the software and the incredible support all along the way. Whether it was during implementation or random questions that come up from time to time, E2 has always been there for us.

Pros

E2 is very intuitive and easy to use. Once you become familiar with how it works and what it can do for you, it becomes a VERY powerful tool to help you run your shop/operation. We like the fact that we can incorporate data collection to help us track times and jobs in process. The ability to generate quotes, routers, purchase orders, and packing slips, makes it a simple and robust solution for us. The Quickbooks interface is also very helpful as that is what we use on the accounting side.

Cons

There is not anything I like the least about E2....implementation does take some time so that requires patience but once things are in place things work great. Only other thing I would change is being able to place an order for the same material size but different lengths on the same PO on different line items.

Dave H.

E2 on premise vs cloud based review

Reviewed on 9/3/2020

I am a daily E2 admin/user and have been using the E2 On Premise version 15 years. We converted over to the Cloud based version a couple months ago so I'm still discovering.

Pros

Cloud based - access the software from anywhere. Administrator's ability to allow knowledgeable users to customize their own reports.

Cons

I'm not fond of the fees being based on data collection users. I a plant like ours that can vary and if you hit the threshold of DC users you have to purchase more or play games with your existing DC users. Although all the information from the on premise version is included in the cloud version the navigation on the Cloud based system takes a bit of getting used to. It also seems that extra mouse clicks are required on the cloud version versus the On Premise. Some of the shortcuts are not available on the Cloud version (or at least I haven't found them yet) that used to save me time from bouncing around different screens/menus. Not show stoppers by any means..

Mike S.
  • Industry: Machinery

How did I do it before E2?

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

E2 has been superb at streamlining our quoting process. I've been using E2 for 14 years and don't know how I did it before E2!

Pros

E2 software makes it so easy and quick to review data on jobs. i know in an instant if there is a problem with WIP. It keeps the organization on track and has helped in the ISO and IATF audits.

Cons

It would be nice to have the ability to open a Purchase Order and Receiver at the same time.

Edward Y.

E2

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

Overall experience with the personal at Shoptech. From the support to team to the sales team. All are knowledgeable.

Pros

The versatility, working with the custom development team and being able to get features that aren't out of the box. From the end users perspective it's easy to use.

Cons

I have no complaints at this time. Very pleased with the product.

Gerry T.

Product Review

Reviewed on 18/9/2019

All in all, It was a good move to E2.

Pros

How fast it was up and running. E2 is faster on getting jobs out to the shop. And it takes a lot less time to do the billing and sending out invoices. The Purchasing Auto ordering is great.
I like that it is not a Cloud Base software, If it was, I most likely would of not picked E2.

Cons

The bringing over of information from our old system to the new one. It would of been better just putting in the information as we needed.
It would be nice if it was able to keep track of employee vacation time.
The time clock for the Employees clocking in should be on the main frame clock, Not the PC's clock in the shop. When someone is late, they are changing the PC's Clock and punching in on time then changing the clock back to the real time.

Barbara jean B.

E2 Review

Reviewed on 1/3/2019

Pros

The overall system is very easy to adapt to. This year I was happy to find out that I can enter a journal entry into the system, say for eg; monthly insurance and can copy the entry and enter it the next month and not have to enter the entire journal just change the date. Yes it seems like a small task but if you have more then 10 recurring journal entries, it saves a lot of time not have to enter the same information each month.

Cons

What I dislike most about the software is that if I have to enter accounts payable or receivable invoices for the same company, especially accounts payable, I could have ten invoices from one supplier. I have to enter each invoice for that company name each time. It been nice if there was a way to select the suppliers name and then just enter the invoices.

John L.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Overall, a good ERP/MRP package

Reviewed on 14/5/2019

Overall, Shoptech has been frustrating to work with. It has felt as if once they had my money they no longer had an obligation to provide service. Quick to ask for opinions but little to no action on problem spots. "Suggest it to the community." is a frequent response, or "We can quote that feature for you." Quite frankly, it's less frustrating to not deal with them and figure everything thing out on our own, which is probably the way they want it. Most help is achieved by contacting fellow users who have also struggled with the same or similar problems. Despite all this, Shoptech is still helpful in our day-to-day operations and aside from server issues, our employees seldom see the office related problems.

Pros

Relatively easy to set up and use.
Consistent user interface across modules.
Web based interface.

Cons

Antiquated and proprietary form builder.
EVERYTHING is a special request and quoted.
Customer service is a convoluted mess and quick to point the finger at other departments.
Frequent server issues.
Take your money and run attitude.

Jenny M.

CUTOMER REVIEW

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Great, nothing to grip about other than when you put pieces into inventory the amount you are entering comes out one line item down, this didn't use to happen in the beginning but I'm sure there is a reason for it, I just don't know what it is.

Pros

I personally like all of E2 and what it has to offer. It is great as a package with little to no bad aspects.

Cons

I have a little trouble with prepayments but that is mainly because in 10 years I have only used it twice so not much of a chance to learn and retain. I think we could use it even better but I can't get these guys to go with the system and change their ways. :-)
I don't like filling out your form and then not being able to send it but that has to do with Capterra.

Rich T.

Great ERP

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Implementing E2 Shop filled some of the gaps in our work flow and made the transition to our quality certification much easier by consolidating several of the record keeping and reporting in a central location.

Pros

The cloud base platform is a significant improvement from the local-hosted version. They also have fantastic technical support. The interface is very intuitive and easy to learn even for first time ERP users.

Cons

The ability to navigate database as a tables, sort and customize columns for quick viewing is missing. An option to pull as report is available but adds a few extra steps. The scheduling module is very rigid and does not have much options for customization.

Nj G.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great for tracking job costs!

Reviewed on 3/9/2019

Pros

Allowed traceability for job costing, I was finally able to see if I was actually making money on jobs rather than just knowing there was money in the checking account at the end of the month.

Cons

If you don't purchase all of the modules together and just add on as you need them and certain fields in the main program are not used properly it takes a lot to implement the new modules, particularly the scheduling module.

Grant N.

EXCELLENT SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

We are solving our issues with our quoting with E2. Before we did all of our quoting on paper and we are starting to use the routing and estimation now to help find the costs of our products.

Pros

This software has helped us tremendously in our manufacturing business. Whether its quoting or purchasing this system helps us stay organized. This system has helped us be competitive in the industry. This software helps things run smoothly in our job shot.

Cons

There really isn't anything that we do not like about this system. It can be tough searching for a part number because its very sensitive when it comes to spaces or hyphens etc. But its a really great system.

Joe S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Qualitask - Job Shop Review

Reviewed on 3/8/2020

Pros

-Software is fairly easy to use.
-Modules help keep track of customer orders and any related processes for each order.
-Can be used on any computer with web access.
-Job travelers make it clear for the Production Team.

Cons

-Would be nice to have a built-in follow-up reminder to add to Outlook Calendar for Purchase Orders
-The flexibility to customize is not as easy
-Some of the reports and forms are overloaded with information, and to customize requires payment. There should be some basic customization included for reports/forms based on the information that E2 has gathered from all of its customers.

Shawn B.

Not sure what I'd do without E2

Reviewed on 24/4/2020

E2 was very helpful in getting me up to speed with the software. The implementation specialist along with online tutorials make for a smooth entry. Also, the support team is great. Anytime I needed help customizing or modifying something, they were on it. I am very happy with the performance and constant improvements to the software. I simply don't know how I would manage without E2 in my shop.

Pros

As a one man machine shop, I would spend an absurd amount of time entering data. When I sat to quote a job id enter all of the data. I'd then re-enter it all to a job list again to a job traveler, then to the packing list and any other documents along the way. Now I enter details once and everything flows simply, every step of the way.

Cons

I cant think of anything I would change at the moment.

Cheryl G.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 17/2/2017

I have used E2 Shop Control software at multiple companies. It is versatile for different types of companies. It is intuitive and easy to use. The icons on the home screen layout the processes and make the software easy to understand with minimal training. I love having one program which encompasses all processes and data, eliminating the need to re-enter information into multiple systems. This prevents mistakes too!

Pros

Shoptech's customer support is second to none. Every time I have a question or concern, any technical support rep that answers the phone is immediately able to help me and walk me through exactly what I need to do to fix my issue.

Deanna D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Nineteen Years of Exceptional Service

Reviewed on 28/7/2016

We have been using E2 since 1997. The software is very user friendly and easy to learn. The customer support team is friendly and takes care of any issues with the first phone call 99% of the time. The sales staff calls/emails several times a year to make sure we aren't having any problems and to see if we need anything. They are not one of those companies that just sell you a product and then you never hear from them again. We have referred many companies we work with to them and the ones that purchased E2 really love the software. From the product, to customer service, to support E2 is a top notch company!

Pros

Easy to learn and use
Customer support is top notch

Cons

Having to type the exact nickname to find customer/vendor, etc.

Bob M.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

A great catalyst to our company!

Reviewed on 1/5/2017

Pros

Easy to use once you understand how the product works.I've been using E2 for over 20 years now and it has helped us grow our buisness by leaps and bounds. I would definitely recommend training like anything else. The training made a world of difference.
Excellent product. I would recommend it to anyone in the manufacturing industry.

Cons

I wish I would have started with the whiteboard when we were a smaller company. It would have made implementing the whiteboard a lot easier to earlier in growth than later. Otherwise I don't really have to much to complain about.

Aaron B.

Great Product for Production Environment

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

After implementing E2 throughout our shop, we realized we were losing money on the most common part that we process. It was a total eye-opener!

Pros

You can see where the time is going on orders. You can use historical data to determine actual job costs by looking at how much time and inventory go into a job. It is really helpful for quoting.

Cons

I wish there was a way to better customize reports. I would like to pick a few things that are on similar, but different, reports and combine them into one report, but I have not figured out a way to do that.

Bill G.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Very Good MRP System

Reviewed on 26/2/2018

I suggest having a consultant on site for 1-2 days to get everything configured correctly. We did it on our own and had a consultant come in later to help us clean up.

Pros

The software itself is easy to use. They have excellent Support. There are lots of features and options.

Cons

Set-up can be difficult if you do not think things through thoroughly. You might have to go back and redo things again. Reports are very basic. They can be customized, but only through Crystal Reports. You will need the full version and some expertise. Otherwise you have to pay ShopTech for customization.

Jayne B.

Great service

Reviewed on 4/4/2019

The person who was trained on E2 at it's inception with our company has left. I've had to contact support several times for help. The support techs I've had are helpful and patient with this not-so-tech-savy novice.

Pros

E2Shoptech is comprehensive - but you can use as little or as much of the components as you wish.
The techs who work with you are knowledgeable and patient and don't speak in computerese.

Cons

The devil is in the details - if you don't know one little thing, it can prevent you from getting the results you need.

Peter B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

After over a decade, we still love it

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

Pros

Stable and robust platform. Easy to use. After 12 years still current, updated and maintained by E2

Cons

Once you have set up your process it is tough to make changes -- be very careful with initial implementation to think through what you want vs. what you used to have!