1,498 reviews

Clockify

The most popular free time tracker and timesheet for teams

4.7 /5 (1498 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simplest Task/Project Time Tracking Application

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Overall, Clockify has enabled me to distribute my time more effectively and I will recommend it to others.

Pros

As a freelancer I have been using it to track time and billable of my clients. It is very easy to use and can keep track of your time spent on each task. Also it has a dashboard which give you graphical representation of your time spent on different tasks. You can also generate different reports as needed. You can also keep track of time and billable of your team. The best thing is it is free.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about this application. I would suggest them to enable it to integrate with renowned freelancing applications to make work more easy for freelancers.

Andrew K.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great option for tracking time spent on various work streams

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Deployment was a breeze, documentation on their website is excellent, and customer service has been good. For example, a few team members experienced a bug at one point, and after we sent them the details, they offered workarounds and got it fixed in a reasonable timeframe. As the administrator, it requires very little time from me to keep it running and get new team members trained, which is fantastic.

Pros

Most importantly - it's easy for team members to track their time, and the chrome extension means they don't even have to open a new tab to start/end a tracking session. Also, it was easy to deploy and the cost is low (unless you need the enterprise plan).

Cons

There are a couple of features from the enterprise plan that we wanted, but it wasn't worth the difference in cost. I wish there was more of an a la carte option, as I would've been willing to pay more for those features (but not as much as the full enterprise plan, as it's overkill for our use case).

Aimee C.

A real lifesaver

Reviewed on 27/1/2020

I discovered Clockify some time ago when a client wanted to see if there were any time tracking pieces of software he could use. I didn't use it then, but when our time tracking software turned into a frustrating mess of lost time entries, slow loading, and mis-calculated weekly times, I gave it a shot. Best decision I ever made for our team.

Pros

- Ease of use
- Ability to set up and customize lots of options
- Works well on multiple platforms
- Has extensions and apps
- Quick & light

Cons

- I wish there were the slightest bit more features in terms of clients vs projects, like the ability to assign people to whole clients rather than just projects, as well as the ability to bulk assign someone (like a page of checkboxes) to projects
- I wish there were more integrations as well, such as with Freshbooks for invoicing

Response from Clockify

Thanks for the kind words, Aimee!
In Clockify client category is always connected to the project and cannot work independently. But, perhaps settings up tags for your clients could help you out.

Also, creating groups can be useful for managing projects easily.
Heres the link: https://clockify.me/help/users/user-groups

And we plan the integration with Quickbooks for invoicing.

Straighforward time tracker

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

As I work on multiple projects at the same time it is usually very difficult to pinpoint how time is spent during a regular working day. After starting using the app regularly i.e. having a tab regularly open and using Android app always when on the go (meetings, etc.) I got a clear picture of how time is spent and which projects are regularly taking "invisible time" ie. time that is not billed. After setting up basic projects and tagging each activity with a project I can get basic overview of how I am spending my time at a glance. I don't need to submit my time sheet to anyone, so I am not using the reports as much, but I see this as a very useful feature for freelancers. The user interface is simple and focuses on one single thing - and switching between the web app - tab in the browser and the app on the phone is without any problems. Another thing worth mentioning is integration with gmail - so each time I get something via email that will take more than 2 min to complete I could just click on the button within the gmail and start tracking time for that task - for me it meant really understanding how much all those "little tasks" actually take.

In a way I also use this as a log for what I've done and to see if I am meeting the goals I set to myself such as 'spending more time on product development instead on operational things', since at the end of a week you have a clear view of whether you actually did what you've said you would focus on.

Pros

Simplicity - It's a straightforward time tracking app that one actually uses. After trying different apps that I usually forgot to use regularly, or that offer too few or too many features I stumbled upon this app that is easy to use, offer just the features that you need (such as projects, analytics) and that are easy to use both through web browser and on the phone I finally managed to keep track of the time spent during the day over different projects. If you click on any task that you previously tracked it will start another tracking instance which is really beneficial for repetitive tasks and tasked stopped due to interruptions.

Cons

Editing of time entries (when you forget to stop the timer or to start it again when you start working on a new task) are the only things I see as potential area to be further developed (such as splitting the task into two etc.) for the way I use the app. I must admit I have not used the teams feature,although it seems worth exploring.

Jason O.

Great Product, Great Direction

Reviewed on 22/1/2019

Our experience has been overall very positive. Clockify has helped us to identify wasted time and inefficiency which has actually helped our technology department reorganize some processing, same money and time, and ultimately get significantly ahead of our product launch schedule.

As a side suggestion, albeit maybe not as wide appeal, I would love to see some automatic integration with IDEs like Atom. It would be neat if clockify could capture time the application is in "focus" to auto track time should a user choose to use that setting. Currently we have written our own plugin to do just that, but would love native support.

Pros

The application package is reliable and ultimately extremely easy to use with the desktop applications and browser extensions tying right into things like Trello, Sentry, or chrome itself. In addition, the integration with teams is a very nice touch.

Cons

It is a major source of pain that there is no direct way to contact support, report a bug, nor to request a feature of any kind. There are items currently broken in the application, especially surrounding teams / groups. Overall it is a great product headed in a great direction, but could suffer from not being able to receive feedback from customers. We would be more willing to put our entire company on the application if there was a direct feedback mechanism, even if it had a significant delay in response.

Response from Clockify

Thanks for the feedback, Jason! Just wanted to let you know you can always directly contact us at [email protected], we'd love to hear your thoughts.

If you'd like to suggest an improvement or a feature, you can also fill out the feedback form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUzxUXgnmvZYU_Ikcmg4Zp8c3EeQlfxTNTXOq1cO8R1wIjLg/viewform

And we are available on Twitter, so feel free to reach out.

Wilfried H.

Great time tracking tool to track the hours of a one-man company

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

I am very happy with the tool. I comes with all features I need as a self-employed consultant to track hours, manage them and to report to clients.

Pros

Very easy to use and to turn it into a habit to keep track of all hours spent. The best about it is the possibility to set up clients and assigned projects to them. All hours can be linked to the right project. Reports are done very fast as well seperated by client or project. The paid version comes with a few customization features such as adding the logo to the report

Cons

I had to pay to use certain features ;)

Besides that, I had a 3 or 4 times sync issues. Time I have tracked through the app weren't uploaded. The UX could be a little bit better and the interface could be more modern.

Response from Clockify

Thanks for the feedback, Wilfried!

If the sync issues happen again and the entries don't sync after refreshing, contact us at [email protected]

Or if you have any suggestions you would like to share that could help us improve the UX.

• Industry: Research

Best and easiest time management software

Reviewed on 29/5/2019

I spend very little time on hour reporting when using Clockify. This makes it possible for me to focus on other work.

Pros

It is easy to use with either the website, extension or windows app to chose from. The software team reply to my questions and suggestions quickly and they keep implementing new stuff. For free! The API is easy to use and makes it possible to integrate my logged activities into the system used by my company. This is also possible with the excel export that they have (FOR FREE!)

Cons

Some nice features are missing (e.g. time audit), but most of these are included in the payed version. Since the payed version is rather cheap this is no real issue. The fact that we're getting so much for free in the free version is amazing.

Marcin B.

perfect time tracking tool for our small team

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Pros

we used Toggl in the past, though it became pricey for us. Depending on our current needs, we use free and premium version of Clockify and both are working very well for us. There is integration with our second tool - Asana - what makes time tracking a breeze.
One more gamechanger for us was possibility to share time tracking report per project/client - perfect solution to allow clients to keep an eye on progress and costs.

Cons

One of competitive solution has taken Asana integration to next level by showing times tracked per task right in Asana, what helps decission makers to evaluate effort connected with particular task faster. Hope that clockify will have that feature soon too!
It would be great to have password protection for published reports too.

Dilanka H.

Good solution to keep the track of your team work with proofs

Reviewed on 9/6/2020

The bird-eye view for the overall performances and the experience is good. Easy to implement and the team adapted the functions very quickly and easily. Information and change management was very intuitive.

Pros

Managing a team filled with Software Developers is a serious responsibility. Clockify made it easy to track the progress of each individual while generating a comprehensive report on what they have worked on and how much of time they have spent with the proof of activities done. This made it easy for the head to calculate KPI based overheads and performance with utmost efficiency. The implementation also was very intuitive and quick. Dashboards and information representation was also very comprehensive.

Cons

I have used the free version but it could have provided some certain capabilities, such as a simple level of users' privacy. Users could not control what they can show to other users. If that's required we have to purchase the paid version - which again is not that reasonably priced. That's the only drawback and unfortunately was enough for me to switch to another application service.

• Industry: Legal Services

Great Time Management App

Reviewed on 24/7/2019

We were trying to provide metrics for operation and project work for our team and clockify exceeded our expectations with its ease of use and customizations.

Pros

Clockify has a clean, and effective user interface, easy to administer and provide support for users.

The main utility of the program is its time tracking features and it is the strongest feature. We use it in my group and are expanding it out to help manage internal project times.

Seamless use between the browser and mobile apps.

Other great features - team management, reporting metrics, integration with other software.

Cons

There have been technical glitches from time to time using the tracker feature.

It would be helpful if the application can provide templates, or, task management for recurring work.

• Industry: Higher Education

Clockify - Easy to Use Time Tracker

Reviewed on 30/1/2019

Overall, Clockify has helped both myself and my teams to perform tasks with more efficiency and transparency. It has helped to manage expectations and hold teammates accountable to each other. This has resulted in better time management and projects that are closer to their budgeted time allotments.

Pros

Clockify is an easy to use software, its free and there is no limit on the number of users on your team. This is great for teams who require time tracking for budgeting purposes, for professionals tracking billable hours and for assistance with keeping team members accountable to one another. Its cross-platform capabilities are useful for people who may work from different devices throughout the day (phone, tablet, computer). The most useful part for external parties would be the reporting. The reporting tool allows you to generate a report of the time spent to show to stakeholders or clients.

Cons

The biggest issue is the lack of customer support. This limits the desire to use clockify on a large scale because there can be a number of issues with parts of the program, but there is no way to make a complaint or reach customer service/tech support in a fast and reliable manner.

Response from Clockify

Thank you for the feedback!

And we are available on Twitter, so feel free to reach out.

• Industry: Entertainment

Super Helpful Time Tracking App

Reviewed on 28/7/2020

I'm a writer and I use Clockify for my own personal use, to keep myself accountable and keep track of the time I am spending writing and developing different projects per week. It's been super helpful to keep myself focused and devote the time I should each week to each project. Before I would just write until I finished a certain page count or idea, but by forcing myself to hit certain time requirements, I have been able to get a lot more done. I would definitely recommend it for fellow writers.

Pros

Clockify is super easy to set up, and the interface and functionality are very intuitive and user-friendly. I've been able to easily create different projects within the app, start the timer whenever I am working on a particular project and stop it when I stop/take breaks, and then save an accurate count of my time spent on any given project over time. The app also allows you to download reports of your time spent, so you can see it in analytical form, which I find very helpful and enlightening.

Cons

For me, the only downsides have occurred after user error. If you forget to start or stop the timer, it's rather difficult to edit your time within the app. It's also difficult to track if you are working on two projects at the same time (although I rarely do this writing). But other than that, I don't have any cons - the app is very simple and gets the job done accurately.

Angela joi C.
  • Industry: Music

I've been using the free version for about 6 months now, and it's great!

Reviewed on 28/1/2020

After using Clockify, I can honestly say one of the benefits I've experienced is I've noticed trends in my own workflow that I wouldn't have noticed without a time tracker tool like Clockify. It's definitely a good choice for me for tracking my work times.

Pros

The software is intuitive, the user interface is easy to understand and it has everything I need as a freelancer who needs to track hours for my employer. I send my employer a link to my 'Report' once and they can view it anytime. I also like that there is an option to start a timer for tracking, or to manually put in the times I've worked. I also especially liked how the software automatically groups items that have the same name (i.e. if I do work A at two separate times of the day, Clockify automatically groups them together). It helps make the UI look a lot cleaner and organized.

Cons

I think one thing that could improve this program would be to have groups for different types of work. For example, I usually work on things in advance for a certain month, so what I currently do is to type in the month that I'm working on, and then the work I'm doing in parenthesis. It would be great if there was a way to group similar types of work together (all work for a certain month, etc.) so it's a lot more organized.

Armelle H.
  • Industry: Design

So convenient!

Reviewed on 31/1/2019

it's so easy now to log in and outthink​ can also add notes of what sort of time I'm logging, like time for meetings, time for collecting artwork for printing output and actual time for artworking or designing. At the end, it gives me a report of the whole project with how much money I've made. All projects are colour coded which​ is great, It's very easy to use. It is really good for me, and the app is on​ the phone too, great for keeping track of project time.

Pros

I love the fact that I no longer need to count my hours! that app saved my life, it's so easy now to log in and out, I can also add notes of what sort of time I'm logging, like time for meetings, time for collecting artwork for printing output and actual time for artworking or designing. At the end, it gives me a report of the whole project with how much money I've made. All projects are colour coded which​ is great, It's very easy to use. It is really good for me, and the app is on​ the phone too, great for keeping track of project time.

Cons

Nothing I can think of really, appart from the $ icon I can't change on the Track time page (It does bills me in £ though, it just still show $ )

Nancy D.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Just starting with Clockify--Going well

Reviewed on 30/5/2019

Pros

It is simple, easy to understand, fairly flexible, all on the free app.
I love that we can have unlimited team members and don't have to pay to do so.
The videos/tutorials were quite helpful and even for a non-English speaker meant that pretty easily someone can figure out how to make the app work.

Cons

A couple of Cons:
1. Unless you have the paid version, you have to do some tasks in a very repetitive form (i.e. invite new team members to access to each individual project), this can be a bit time consuming. But I accept its the free version.
2. It is only in one language. If you have a multi-lingual team, this increases the learning curve, but even for my Spanish only colleague once we watched the intro video together, he seemed to understand the basics of how to use the app.
3. I have the feeling in that in a few months, we may have to structure how we organized, tags, projects and tasks. If we do, it looks like this may be a bit of a nightmare. So one con would be, you have to have a fairly well defined structure of how you want everything organized from the get-go. For a well established business or system, this is probably not an issue. For someone just starting out, it may be a bit more of a hurdle, in that you have to think through future organizational issues...but I think this is true with every app out there. A bit more ease to change things would be helpful.

Response from Clockify

Thanks for the feedback, Nancy! Just wanted to let you know you can add users to user groups and assign user groups to projects so when you add a new member just add it to a user group and he'll have access to all project that user group has access to.

Chris Z.
  • Industry: Market Research

Fast and easy way to track time!

Reviewed on 23/1/2020

We are a startup so we work irregular hours so Jira has really helped us with time management and billing. Thank you!

Pros

It is very simple and easy to use and it works on the phone too. It has a very pretty dashboard to show statistics for myself and for the team. There are lots of useful categorization features.

Cons

If the tags / projects had rich text formatting (eg hyperlinks, bold, italics, etc) that would be nice, and if every task had a description and user assignment that would be nice too.

Oliver K.
  • Industry: Information Services

Helped me to get organized and stopped me from losing money

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

I had always the problem to do to many favors. A logo here, a little code there. I did not realize how much time I wasted until I started using Clockify. I did try a couple of other apps but none was that easy and offered similar tools.

Once I got everything ready and started counting my hours I fast figured out how much I actually needed Clockify. The times of lost hours are gone. I have a clear overview and know with a couple of clicks how much time I spend on each project and even know what my client has to be charged. In a couple of days Clockify turned into one of my favorite tools and I use it now every single day.

Pros

Incredible easy and fast to use.
Tools for every platform I needed from Android over Mac OS to Windows I use them all.
Fair pricing

Cons

Actually there isn't anything yet i would complain about.

Robert K.

Can't ask for more from a free version

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Clockify helped me with being able to track the time I work for my clients without having to pay anything. This is very useful especially when starting out and not having budget for almost anything.
Not being forced to upgrade to Premium until your business reaches a certain level that requires or benefits from the perks of Premium is great.

Pros

I live the ease of use and the fact that you don't truly need to keep a tab open for it as it relies on cookies also to track time (i suppose).Adjusting tracked time is also easy.

Straightforward . Took me a few minutes to set up and from there it's very easy to use all features including reports or any other edits you might need to do.
Click click and done

Cons

I did not like the fact that in the Free version you cannot add multiple hourly rates. Other then that I feel it's a great tool.

Ze B.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

The only app to keep you accountable

Reviewed on 21/1/2020

Pros

The best app out there which allows us to keep a tab on our productivity. The integration with a number of apps and a integration with the chrome ecosystem makes it easy to use while on a desktop. A must have for hands on entrepreneurs and small teams.

Cons

The android app needs a little bit of work. While working on a mobile device the integration like that on the chrome browser is missing. Have to manually open the app and start the clock, which one can miss sometimes.

Edgar R.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Surprising Time Tracker for Individuals and Teams

Reviewed on 7/10/2020

I had mu first time tracker in seconds (mainly after watching the intro video, very recomended so you don't waste time pushing buttons). In half a day I already had five different time trackers, acknowledging just how multitasking I can be.
Give it a try, I started today just wanting to get back tracking time of whatever I could find.

Pros

Very clean and minimalistic look that makes time magement a breeze. You can have it working on a browser tab or download it as a desktop version and in seconds (really, in seconds) start recording how much time is spent on whatever your working.
It's main focus is on multitasking, when you jump from project to project, and when knowing how much time you dedicated to all your work and chores.
Now I understad why so many big companies are choosing Clockify for time management for individuals or teams.

Cons

Only white background. But if you start considering that small distractions add up to wasted time, customizing this app would do the opposite as to start saving time.

Response from Clockify

Hi Edgar, thanks for such great feedback!

I just wanted to let you know that you can also enable the dark theme in the Profile settings of the web app. Also, our other apps have this option too. If by white background you were referring to something else, I apologize. And feel free to send more details if you'd like via this email [email protected]

Jem C.
  • Industry: Media Production

Clockify has been a revelation to running my small start-up

Reviewed on 26/5/2019

I run a small start-up and freelance, which means a lot of juggling my own time and competing deadlines. When you're faced with endless to-do lists and different clients it's difficult to know what to do first, or if you're really spending the right amount of time on things.

Using Clockify has allowed me to make sure I'm actually spending the time I say I will on a project, and let's me highlight what I've been working on, so I can adjust my priorities if I need too. It's also better shown me how much time I've spent on paid projects, so I can better price my services and increase my profits.

Pros

The ease of use of Clockify is possibly the best bit about it - the Chrome extension is a godsend. It's simple to use and has good integrations with other software like the Google Suite and email.

Unlike other paid versions of this kind of stuff, it also has a really decent free version so you really get time to work out if this is the right software for you, rather than just jumping in at the deep in.

Cons

I've only had one issue with it going down in the few months I was using it - which is by no means bad when you think about how often Facebook goes down, but it was slightly annoying.

Maria S.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

By far the best free time tracking software I have tested

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

It is for free, but when taking into account the features and design it offers, you wouldn't think so. I have tried several free and also paid time tracking softwares to manage and track the time spent on different projects, but Clockify was the first and only that really persuaded me to use it in the long run.

Pros

It is easy to understand, to add projects and tasks and track the time.

Cons

Actually there is nothing so far that really annoys me or prevents me from tracking with this software.

Veronika K.

Nice tool to keep you timesheet organized

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

I track the time I need for my projects with different clients.

Pros

It is easy to handle especially if you have a lot clients and projects. I really like the report function, which is good to customize

Cons

It has sometimes issues to keep all my devices up to date and synced. Especially when I start tracking on my notebook and end tracking on my phone.

Response from Clockify

Thank you for your feedback, Veronika!
If you're still having the issues with keeping your devices up to date and synched please send us an email to [email protected] and we'll be more than happy to look into it.

Oliver M.

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

Pros

This ensures we are charging our clients the correct price at the end of a week. an awesome tool!

Cons

Some times the UI is a little buggy, or reports are a little confusing, but once youve used it for a short period of time, its a breeze

Trevi A.

Great for software developers

Reviewed on 20/1/2020

Pros

- The design is clean and super intuitive.
- The Chrome extension works seamlessly.
- Way cheaper then many alternatives that work on a pay per user basis.
- Great community support for migrating data from Toggl.
- It's open source!

Cons

It would be nice to see some kind of integration with popular IDE's. So you can track time from there.