Clockify

4.7 (4,373)
Time tracking for unlimited users and better productivity

(4,373)
4.7/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.6/5

Hend Abdalla

Track working hours easly for you and your team

Reviewed on 3/8/2021

Highly recomended for time tracking specialy with part timers, freelancers >> you can produce a detailed report with the tasks as well as the cost in one report, PDF or Excel export are avaialbel even with free account.

Pros

Free version is very good, tracking of time and working time log are very easy and flixable , reports are very helpfull

Cons

Tracker has no uper limit to stop at even you forgot to stop it for days (continiously)
Not very powerfull with task tracking where there are no tastk status or team calloperation of tasks, as least in free account

Punchpass and Toggl Track

Toggle is Costy and complicated

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Free account has just enough features that I need, very simply and easy to use even for non-it team members

Response from Clockify

Hi Hend Abdalla, Thank you for your review.
With the current design of the app, the timer will run until the user clicks on the stop button.
As per task status, kindly note that if you are the admin of your workspace and you have tasks under your projects, you can check task status under the project status page. I hope this is what you are referring to, and it helps a bit.
If you have other questions please contact us at [email protected]

Best,

Ivor
  • Industry: Music

Highly Recommended: Clockify Time Tracking Tool

Reviewed on 12/1/2023

As a music studio owner, I have been using Clockify to track the time my engineers and producers spend on various recording sessions and projects. The interface is easy to navigate and the ability to create multiple projects has been very helpful in keeping track of the studio's workload. The reports generated by the app have also been useful in invoicing clients and analyzing the studio's productivity.One feature that I found particularly useful is the ability to track billable and non-billable time, allowing me to accurately bill clients for the time spent on their projects. I also appreciate the ability to track time on the go via the mobile app.

Pros

Clockify is a fantastic time tracking tool! The interface is user-friendly and the features are comprehensive. I especially appreciate the ability to track time for multiple projects and the option to create detailed reports. I highly recommend Clockify for anyone in need of a reliable time tracking solution

Cons

Overall, I have had a positive experience using Clockify. I have not encountered any major issues or drawbacks while using the app. However, there is always room for improvement.

Chavez

My Overall Experience

Reviewed on 27/9/2021

Clockify makes it easier for folks at the company I work for and myself to generate a timesheet report for any specific period. Normally payroll would ask us for a monthly time report before they pay us so this comes in handy plus it's very simple to generate with just a few clicks.

Pros

As an end-user who uses this software every day, I'd say it's pretty simple to use and makes time tracking easy. My company decided to replace our previous time tracking software with Clockify just over two years ago and it didn't take long before the rest of the employees began using it. Credit should be given to its easy UI compared to the previous software we used which looked complicated and took some training. So overall I'd recommend this to business owners looking to make time tracking easy for their employees and themselves.

Cons

The only problem I have with software lol is that when I forgot to stop the timer before I sign off for the day it kept running all through the night until I manually stop it the next day. As a Sofware developer, my suggestion would be to learn how the user tracks time through some kind of pattern and show some a notification to let the user know that the timer was left running and silently pause it for them.

Response from Clockify

Hi Chavez, thank you for your review! While the web version cannot stop the timer automatically, you can opt in to receive the email if you have a long-running timer. To enable this, click on your icon in the top right corner and enable the option in Email settings. Additionally, the Chrome extension has the option to stop the timer when you close the browser, and also, the macOS app has the option to stop the timer when you shut down the Macbook. We are also working on implementing this feature on the Windows (Beta) app.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Absolutely fantastic time tracking tool for consultants!

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

I use clockify to easily track billable hours to clients over various projects. It's very simple to use and a great solution for exactly that.

Pros

Clockify ticks all the boxes of what a time tracking solution should do. It is very easy to use, integrates well into Google Chrome and makes time tracking a breeze.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about Clockify. It's doing a great job of time tracking, allowing you to create PDF reports and more.

Deanielle
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Easy to use and free

Reviewed on 14/1/2023

It is free to use -- so great for startups or independent workers.

Pros

Clockify makes it easy for me and my team to track our hours based on task and to submit paysheets

Cons

I do not believe there is the option to do random screenshots and/or tracking of keyboard strokes like other software offers

Ismail

Feedback

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

Pros

It’s very use full to check how much time to complete the task

Cons

Some time if we forget to stop the task and shutdown the system the clock is running

Response from Clockify

Hello Ismail,

Thank you for your feedback!

Kindly note that Clockify desktop apps has the option to stop the timer if the computer goes to sleep, if it is locked or if the computer shuts down.

Clockify web browser extension also has the option to stop the timer once the browser closes.

In case you need any assistance with these features, you can contact us at [email protected]

Andrew
  • Industry: Information Services

Simple and Easy

Reviewed on 9/1/2023

I hardly notice I am using it. That is a good thing, it shouldn't be a hassle to use and it should be as simple as on and off. With the addition of editing times its no question what I'd use in the future for clocking time.

Pros

Easy to use with many options to edit time. I've had plenty of times where I left the timer on by accident and being able to quickly edit the time is a huge help.

Cons

I would like to be able to change the time it sends a reminder email for when your clock is still running. It is set to 8 hours which is fine for most times, but I tend to work shorter times and I tend to forgot to turn it off so being able to adjust when that email is sent would be a great help for people like me.

Kapil

Clockify is really a very best time tracking tool.

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

Overall clockify is good time tracking tool to use.

Pros

We can easily start and stop the timer, it captures the screenshot which we can see in details.

Cons

As I used I felt it's very good just only can be improved task management on same tool.

Kyle
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Clockify: A Great Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

We have had a great experience overall with Clockify.

Pros

Clockify has streamlined our project management procedures and makes it much easier to keep track of tasks.

Cons

I wish Clockify was a little more user friendly and customizable.

Salvation

Salvation

Reviewed on 11/1/2023

Pros

I like the task management feature and the user interface of the app

Cons

I really don't like the invoicing feature, it's not needed

Roldan
  • Industry: Design

Roldan's Review

Reviewed on 18/2/2022

Really nice experience. I never looked back. Please continue improving. I've used Time Doctor, Hubstaff, Upwork. Clockify dust them off.

Pros

UX and UI wise. Really nice lay-out. Easy to use.

Cons

Not much. No qualms. Maybe I can find out later since my subscription is free and for me alone. Maybe if my workspace becomes complex I might start to notice discripancies.

Time Doctor

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Clockify is the only Freelancer time tracking app that give fare advantages for both free users as well as paying ones. Other trackers are either buggy, clunky, difficult to use or expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Needless to say, much easier to use. It exactly cater a freelancer dilemmas when it comes to time tracking their work and invoicing clients.
Dennis

Vital Time Tracking software that is a HUGE Value for money

Reviewed on 17/2/2022

Overall I genuinely enjoy using Clockify. I find that it gives me plenty of information, in a nice, easy to use package. Not even remotely considering switching to another product at this point.

Pros

I love the amount of features that are packed in the software for the cost. Other competitors are charging 2 or 3 times more than Clockify for the features that it is making available. With larger amounts of team members it still feels pricy, but compared to the competition it is just a steal!

Cons

The light theme is kind of ugly. I do wish there was more customizability with colors, but in the meantime the dark theme looks fantastic :)

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

I made the switch because of cost. I had used the Toggl free tier which only allows you to have up to 5 team members. With the growth of our Agency I was thinking of switching to the premium tier but at $18 per user per month, it was just very very expensive. Clockify provides more features at $8 per user per month, so the choice was a no-brainer.

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

I made the switch from Toggl because of cost. I had used the Toggl free tier which only allows you to have up to 5 team members. With the growth of our Agency I was thinking of switching to the premium tier but at $18 per user per month, it was just very very expensive. Clockify provides more features at $8 per user per month, so the choice was a no-brainer.
Leônidas
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Nice easygoing time tracking tool for personal use

Reviewed on 17/2/2022

I often work on multiple projects at 'the same time', and it can be hard to track how much time I'm actually putting into each one. Clockify helps me on that, and at the end of the month/week I can see how much work I have really accomplished and, based on that, plan ahead reprioritizing (or charging more) based on what I see. I also use it to keep my productivity in check.

Pros

It's fast, simple, light and practical (and looks good enough). I also like that it allows me to only use the functions that I need without having to learn/deal with all the other features it has.

Cons

-Navigating its menus can be quite unintuitive sometimes;
-It really looks/looked like a clone of the first iteration of Toggle, and that gave me a bad first impression of it. Still, the color pallet was better than Toggl's, and since the functionalities that I needed worked almost identical in both, I continued to use it.

RescueTime and Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

I tried a couple of different project and time tracking tools for my personal needs (tracking my personal work projects and daily activities). Some were to complex, some were to pricey, some were to ugly/had a bad UI. Clockify was the best one for what I needed.
Michael
  • Industry: Animation

I could not live without Clockify!

Reviewed on 19/4/2022

Rapid timesheet creation broken down into clients > projects > tasks so I have everything I need if a client questions an invoice. Most clients don't even question my invoices anymore as they know how thorough I am with my tracking, this is all thanks to

Pros

I love how easy it is to add time, you get really fast at doing it as you can either use 24 or/12 hour clock to input..If you do 12 hour you can just put PM/AM after the time..

My invoices and timesheets are in the same place and I've been using it for a while now so I've got really fast at adding my time. You can even label invoices as 'Unsent' - 'Sent' - 'Paid' and they're color coded so you literally never miss an unpaid invoice again.

Invoice automatically adds address you've set the client up with so you never have to remember to add address to the invoice..I've scrambled around trying to find address of a business, but if you have repeat clients you'll only have to ever do this once.

The time I'm saving in admin is worth every penny of the subscription!

Cons

The invoicing feature is missing the payment details. Luckily there's a notes part which I've been using, problem is you have to remember to copy and paste your payment details every time you create a new invoice. There's been times where

TimeCamp

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

As I am a single person, I thought Clockify looked the easiest and the free version helped me assess how I'd use it..I was really impressed so I purchased a subscription. The alternatives seemed more geared towards huge businesses with larger teams so the interface was a lot more complicated..Clockify can be as complex as you want it to be and definitely does an amazing job at hiding the complexity if you don't need it.
Olushola
  • Industry: Market Research

The best time tracking resource out there

Reviewed on 19/4/2022

This has helped me and y team keep track of time, project and even helped improve our efficiency through the ton of information and insight available for analysis

Pros

The software is easy to use, the color scheme is warm and inviting and there are helpful features all around

Cons

Sometimes I find out that I have to log in again. I don't k ow if this is a glitch or a security measure, but it makes me anxious

TimeCamp, Time Doctor and DeskTime

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

Well, it wasn't flexible and didn't have the features we discovered that we need to work efficiently

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Price, Flexibility, Ease of use and onboarding, Insights available for analysis (this was very important)
Adriano
  • Industry: Design

Clockify gives you power to control all tasks in any kind or size of projects

Reviewed on 15/11/2021

Clockify gives me control over all parts of a project. I can focus in tasks that are really important and manage my team easily. Clockify is integrated to my Gmail, Calendar, Asana, Google Docs and Spreadsheets making the work very productive and tasks on each of them easy to control. I´ve tested many other softwares online and desktop, including smartphone apps and Clockify was simple the best option I found.

Pros

Clockify is amazing to control time & tasks in projects. Using a plugin Chrome Browser extension you add a small clock to e-mails, documents, spreadsheets, etc, and can start your timer in any kind of task. Clockify allows you to generate reports on the fly, super easy and fast. At the end of the day you know how productive you are and knows where in the projects you stay. You can easily schedule tasks, interact with other members of the team and track almost everything. The costs reports are a powerful tool, with them you control all the costs of your projects and team members. Using work spaces, you can create different scopes of work for any kind of organization you work. Clockify allows you to create clients, projects, teams, tags, and control the costs & track times of work for every one of them.

Cons

Sometimes, I miss a feature like Gantt Chart but this is not really a problem. I also would like to have a version translated to Portuguese.

Response from Clockify

Hi Adriano, Thank you for your feedback and the kind words!
If you would like to join our translation process for Portuguese or any other language, feel free to visit https://clockify.me/help/translation and submit your request.
Cheers!

Tom
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great tool for time tracking, timesheet, and delivering professional services.

Reviewed on 17/2/2022

I've been using Clockify for years, starting from selection of a system for time tracking, adoption and evolution over the years. It started with the right strong points, and matured in other areas.

Pros

Ease of use is the star feature of Clocikfy. It has the right degree of sophistication to support enterprise reporting needs, but doesn't isn't onerous on the data entry side. It is far better than "simply using spreadsheets" (which is NOT really simple due to lack of back-end integration that Clockify has). While its feature set has grown to be truly enterprise-grade, ease of use has been maintained. I've also worked with other sophisticated enterprise systems that are feature-filled but over-priced. Clockify has the optimal balance.

Cons

There's nothing not to like. It makes the time tracking part of the job, which isn't my favorite part of the job, require no more than the minimum effort.

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

The overall ease of use is best with Clockify. The ease of entry for consultants is one priority, but we also needed ease of administration, and ease of integration with other systems. We get all that with Clockify.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Ease of use in several key areas.
Stephen Brent

An easy-to-use tool for growing businesses

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Overall, I am extremely happy with Clockify.

Pros

As a growing agency, we spent a lot of time researching time tracking tools and software that was simple to use and did the job without too many bells and whistles. We simply needed to track time for specific clients and tag what kind of work we were doing. We didn't need the ability to invoice from it, so we were also looking for something that was affordable.

Cons

The reporting feature is not the most user-friendly. I am always able to pull the information I need, but it can take multiple steps to get there.

I wish there was better integration with ClickUp.

Harvest

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

We used Hive for project management and time tracking, and we switched to ClickUp for PM. The time tracking reports in Hive never matched up to how many hours we knew we were logging, so we wanted to separate time tracking from the project management software.

Hive

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

We chose Clockify over Harvest due to price point. Harvest charged the same price as ClickUp, and it didn't make sense to pay the same price for time tracking as project management.

Response from Clockify

Thanks for your review, Stephen!

If you have any specific ideas for improving reports, feel free to email us at [email protected], or use this feedback form https://clockify.me/feedback

Cheers!

Dima

How did I ever work before Clockify? ))

Reviewed on 23/3/2021

I have been using this product for many months and today I cannot see myself and my working day without Clockify. Every morning when I start, I press the button and know that my progress and work are properly recorded, under the corresponding project sections and descriptive headings & tags. If you need to track your and/or your team's workload, you will not make a mistake by switching to this great product!

Pros

Wow, where do I begin! I think the dashboard is my absolute favorite! To be able to see exactly which month I had spent how many hours (and minutes!) working on which project helps me greatly to plan my workload and to priorities.

Each time entry can be highly customized by connecting it to the relevant projects, giving it a very descriptive name and tagging it with special keywords. You can also mark every entry as payable or non-payable and for our company, where we use Clockify to pay our employees on a monthly basis, this and the rest of the features are indispensable!

Cons

Sometimes the browser tab crashes or when I start/stop the timer, the command does not go through. But that happens only 5% of the time so overall it is not a crisis.

Amanda
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Works for Payroll, Billing, and Quantifying Impact

Reviewed on 17/2/2022

It's been great, and we recommend it often to other nonprofits we work with. Tracking time with Clockify helps us plan budgets and staffing needs, allocate resources, and show our impact to grantmakers and critical stakeholders.

Pros

The ease of use as far as a user-friendly interface and customer support. It has plenty of features to customize the platform to fit an organization's needs.

Cons

It lacks some permission controls, not granular enough.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Choosing Clockify

The interface was antiquated.

ClickTime

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

QB Time is also antiquated compared to Clockify although we may re-examine as they continue to improve the product.
Joel

Best time tracking app out there

Reviewed on 29/5/2019

Overall, Clockify has helped streamline my small business. I no longer have to worry about keeping timestamps in my head while picking up the phone, or jotting a quick note down that I'll forget what it's in reference to later. Clockify has made me more efficient, and more accurate, two things that are wonderfully customer-centric.

Pros

I most love how easy this app is able to integrate into my workflow. It literally only takes me a few clicks to switch gears to a different project. So when a customer calls up and I need to start tracking my time differently, I can switch my time to a new task (before I even know what the task is) and once the customer fills me in on the needs of the call, I can start to detail the clock that is still running, without interrupting anything.

Cons

I wish that their was a report that was a mix between the summary and the detail report. The detail report is everything that you need, but summary gives some great summation which helps with invoicing. The only problem is that you can't see the summation with the detail. If there was either an expand/collapse that could be added to the summary report, or grouping that could be added to the detail report, we would have the best of all worlds.

TimeCamp, LiquidPlanner and Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Clockify

Clockify is the best at fulfilling it's main function, then adds features to it. The other apps seemed to require dealing with more up front, instead of keeping the main thing the main thing.

Straighforward time tracker

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

As I work on multiple projects at the same time it is usually very difficult to pinpoint how time is spent during a regular working day. After starting using the app regularly i.e. having a tab regularly open and using Android app always when on the go (meetings, etc.) I got a clear picture of how time is spent and which projects are regularly taking "invisible time" ie. time that is not billed. After setting up basic projects and tagging each activity with a project I can get basic overview of how I am spending my time at a glance. I don't need to submit my time sheet to anyone, so I am not using the reports as much, but I see this as a very useful feature for freelancers. The user interface is simple and focuses on one single thing - and switching between the web app - tab in the browser and the app on the phone is without any problems. Another thing worth mentioning is integration with gmail - so each time I get something via email that will take more than 2 min to complete I could just click on the button within the gmail and start tracking time for that task - for me it meant really understanding how much all those "little tasks" actually take.

In a way I also use this as a log for what I've done and to see if I am meeting the goals I set to myself such as 'spending more time on product development instead on operational things', since at the end of a week you have a clear view of whether you actually did what you've said you would focus on.

Pros

Simplicity - It's a straightforward time tracking app that one actually uses. After trying different apps that I usually forgot to use regularly, or that offer too few or too many features I stumbled upon this app that is easy to use, offer just the features that you need (such as projects, analytics) and that are easy to use both through web browser and on the phone I finally managed to keep track of the time spent during the day over different projects. If you click on any task that you previously tracked it will start another tracking instance which is really beneficial for repetitive tasks and tasked stopped due to interruptions.

Cons

Editing of time entries (when you forget to stop the timer or to start it again when you start working on a new task) are the only things I see as potential area to be further developed (such as splitting the task into two etc.) for the way I use the app. I must admit I have not used the teams feature,although it seems worth exploring.

Juliette

A Fantastic Software with Great User Interface Design

Reviewed on 3/9/2021

Clockify is the most efficient software I've used to track my time, and I find the "Time Tracker" view very easy to use. I feel like some of the other views such as "Time Sheet" may be redundant, but maybe that is just because of the type of work I am doing. Overall, Clockify is fantastic and I hope the product never changes its layout.

Pros

Clockify is hands-down the easiest software I've ever used to track my time. I've worked part time for several companies, and I've always been confused by the layout of online time management systems. Clockify is the only software where I understand where I input my time while also being able to leave detailed notes on what I was working on at the same time. The website loads seamlessly on my computer and it only takes me a few seconds to input my time, which is exactly what a great software should do.

Cons

I always use the "Time Tracker" view when I input my time because some of the the other views seem a bit more confusing. I was particularly confused by the "Time Sheet" view at the beginning because I work on different types of tasks, and so I felt like I was unable to change the task when I used this view. However, using the "Time Tracker" view is much better because that way I can take better notes on what I was working on through various "tasks." I think the "Time Sheet" view could be simplified or even eliminated because having both "Time Sheet" and "Time Tracker" seem redundant, but perhaps it is helpful for people in other fields.

Response from Clockify

Hi Juliette, thank you for the review and all the nice words regarding the Clockify app.
Please note that, if you are the admin of the workspace, there is an option to deactivate the timesheet page, if you are not using it. This can be found under the workspace settings.
I hope this will help.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Best

Larry
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good Web App. Needs Work on Mobile

Reviewed on 17/2/2022

Good overall experience especially with the web app, but really needs work on the iOS mobile app.

Pros

Tracking time on the web app is very easy. The report is comprehensive.

Cons

Unlike the web app, where you enter everything on the first level interface, in the mobile app, you have to click multiple times in order to enter time entries and descriptions. Also, in the mobile app, you have to roll with the annoying times selection rollers in order to select the time rather than simply entering the time on a simple nine-number numeric plus AM/PM keyboard like other apps are doing. Further, the mobile app appears to rely on remote server rather than a local mechanism. Every time you enter anything, the app would need to sync with the server and you have to wait for that. And the fact that the mobile app would have to sync with the server every single time you enter any time entry, it usually create conflicts and mess-ups especially when you have another timer running on another device. Additionally, Clockify only has an slow & inaccurate old fashion iOS widget that you can only put on the -1 page and do not have the modern widget feature that goes with the new iOS system. A simple iOS widget that places a simple start/stop button on any iOS "desktop page (pages listing apps)" would be a game-changer. Being able to press a button on the first page of the iOS device to simply record starting/stopping time on the go and later come back to enter the descriptions would be very convenient. Users don't even have to enter the descriptions on the go right away if they don't want to.

Quite good but their apps are buggy

Reviewed on 30/4/2019

The free plan is quite okay for a small agency but still, they have a long way to go in order to compete with the other products on the niche.

Pros

Clockify has helped a lot on time tracking my projects, I get paid hourly so it's vital to have a time tracker on my side. What I love the most about Clockify is that you can track billable hours (they will be converted to $ in the reports) on their free plans. Many other competitors don't allow this feature on their free plans.

Their reports are okay and it's nice to have the bookmarks so you are able to share a report link with your clients. The options to group and manage your tasks are quite extensive as well, you can create Clients, Projects, Teams and even Workspaces for your tasks.

Cons

I appreciate that they have tried to go as multiplatform as possible but their apps are often buggy. Being the Windows one the worst of them all, the app logs out every five minutes, forcing me to reinput my credentials.

I also need to pay attention to see if the timer is still running when I close the lid of my notebook, even on sleep mode the tracker will keep running, when you come back you might find out that you have been working for 12 hours.

Their downloadable reports are not really nice looking, the graphs are often distorted and the typography on the reports is way behind the desirable. Often I find myself manually fixing the look and feel of the reports to give my clients something more presentable after all that's the proof of the work you have done and how much you will get paid.

Response from Clockify

Thanks for the feedback!
We understand that Windows App needs improvements. Some bugs you mentioned have been fixed, please, make sure you have the latest version.
Alsot adding Idle detection feature to the Windows App is on our roadmap.
As for the reports, we've recently redesigned them so that they have new, improved look that you can check out.