SpamTitan

Anti-spam filter for business email. Vital email security.

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.4/5
4.5/5

475 Software options

Syazwani I.

Protect my emails from vulnerable

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

Using SpamTitan as my main software to fight spam emails is very effective and more benefit i have seen better then other more popular brand. I am very happy with the pricing and really valuable with what i has paid. When I think about email protection, it is always SpamTitan that pop-up in my mind.

Pros

SpamTitan has a very good accuracy in filtering a spam and malicious emails from entering my primary inbox. It is very easy to set up my own keyword that i want to include in the filter keyword and setting up the whitelist keyword. After setting everything up, the process is automated and i don't have to constantly monitoring it as it will sent me report for every-week activity.

Cons

There are time that a legit email will be blocked and there are no notification sent to remind me about this activity, and resulting that email stayed in the spam inbox until i have to manually check and whitelist it. Adding domain into the software for the first time can be confusing and i had to ask for a support to fix it.

Norzihan I.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Stop spam email with SpamTitan

Reviewed on 12/2/2021

SpamTitan has help me so much in fighting a spam email and malicious link from harming our system. All the attachment in the email will be scanned before I open it and any suspicious file attachment will be blocked and quarantine, to protect me from mistakenly opening it. I really has a positive experience after deploying this software in my working environment.

Pros

SpamTitan has advance and extra security layers that protecting my email account get penetrated or get attack from spam email. Ransomware is one of the most feared kind of emails that we really want to avoid, and this software effectively blocking any malicious email that may contain file attachment or link that may harm my computer or phone.

Cons

The only point that i dislike is, there are no access to the software from other device except from my computer, as it only operating from stand-alone application for desktop. It will be more flexible if the software has web-browser, so user can access it from anywhere that internet is available.

Howard A.
  • Industry: Media Production

Our Experience Installing and Using Spam Titan

Reviewed on 26/3/2021

The Spam Titan team have been brilliant, all the way through from initial contact to our engagement with support during initial configuration, they bent over backwards to be helpful.

Support engagement is good, with very rapid responses to calls we submitted initially.

Pros

The product was really easy to setup and is intuitive.
It basically does exactly what it is supposed to once setup and we have not experienced any issues with the product other than from our side setting up the various bits of DNS txt correctly :-)
As expected it takes a while to learn our email patterns so initially there were some delays with some inbound emails due to Grey-listing as it waited for resends to recognise good email, this was improved by playing with initial grey list settings.
Overall we are very happy with the product and we have had no complaints from any users, which is always a plus.

Cons

At this point there are no parts of the product that we are unhappy with.

MimeCast Email Security

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

Verizon were no longer supporting message labs so we needed to leave quickly

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

This was a very straightforward product compared to the complexity of the alternatives and at a fraction of the cost. After an easy and quick proof of concept we were sold :-)
Tyler W.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Good mail filter, easy for our users to manage.

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Pros

SpamTitan provided a lot of the functionality of our previous mail filtering service, while keeping costs competitive. It's very simple and easy to use from an end user perspective, and not terribly hard to set up as an Administrator. There are plenty of options for deployments both small and large. On the back end SpamTitan uses a collection of open source software like Spamassasin and ClamAV, bundled together in a pretty web interface they've designed and provide support for. Compared to rolling your own solution, hiring a Linux admin to manage a mail filtering service, this is much more cost effective.

Cons

Support was a little lacking. Their headquarters are in Ireland, so responses take a little longer, and it's a little hard understanding them sometimes, especially over the phone. The audio quality of overseas phone calls is very poor.
The foundation SpamTitan is built on Spamassasin is only so good, it doesn't catch spam and viruses like the leading mail providers (Gmail/Google Apps). For that reason, it may require a little more time for administrators to fine tune settings.

Mike S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Antispam that is affordable, flexible and powerful

Reviewed on 12/4/2019

Overall, we are very happy with the product and the customer support.

We did have to put some time into this product but now we have a custom-fit solution, with fault-tolerance (two servers at two locations, both locations have both internet and private WAN access to the Exchange server) and we're saving thousands of dollars versus the managed solution we used to use.

We can tighten things up if we wish, we have a lot of flexibility with this product. I rate it an excellent value. So much power, flexibility and fault-tolerance, for so little money.

Pros

We opted for an on-site appliance (a Linux server really, a VM in our case, but it's just a web-based console as far as configuration goes). Their cloud version is the same product running on their servers and that would relieve you of the work we put in, as I'll describe, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

The on-prem version is what we like the most about this "software." We have another VM running at an alternate site, they sync with each other and one can take over if the other is down or unreachable. They also can load-balance.

Yes this solution is a little more complex than are previous solution. But it's in the complexity that you get the flexibility. SpamTitan support has helped us tweak the settings based on what we're seeing in the console. Excellent history report shows everything, or you can filter very easily. Unfiltered you can see blocked (and why), quarantined, accepted...everything. If you don't see it, that email did not get to you, and in our experience it has been a Sender issue every time.

SpamTitan, with the clustered configuration is less that half the cost of our old solution and we never have to upgrade or replace the "appliance" because it's just a VM, or one of our physical servers, either way, you never face an End of Life "you must upgrade" mandate from SpamTitan.

Also - these servers will spool email until they can reach the email server. So if your email server is down or unreachable, you most likely are still getting email.

Cons

Well...it does require us to do some of the lifting and I have discovered there was a lot I didn't know about fighting spam. I turned on one block setting and started blocking emails I didn't want to block, okay...turn that off!

We had warned all of our employees that we were switching products and to be on the lookout for spam and/or missing emails. Most reports were false, but in some cases there was a problem with the settings and this helped us to tweak the product. Also be aware that you need to use a trusted IP address or your emails may end up in the recipient's spam folder. We just used the IP from our old solution once we ran into this issue.

There are certainly other examples, things not working right because we didn't set it up just right (we tend to do things on our own, we learn more that way). Every time we've gotten stuck I have gone to the website and checked their knowledge base. If I didn't find the answer I create a ticket. If you give them a console-generated code they can get into your system and look at your settings.

After a month or two I think we have the settings where we want them. However, we keep an eye on the history report, watching for any signs of trouble. The product worked well right out of the box, but now it's really doing a good job, without blocking good emails (yes, some bad emails get through, but it's at least as good as our old expensive managed solution).

Chris J.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

SpamTitan is my go to for Spam Blockiing

Reviewed on 12/7/2021

My overall is experience with ST is great. The value for the money is amazing and it just works! The sales and support teams are great!

Pros

I've had the opportunity to trial many different spam blocking services and I always go back to SpamTitan. Their locally hosted virtual appliance or their cloud service are both amazing and block spam effectively. I really like the ability to send quarantine reports on demand and manage your settings in the user portal.

Cons

I would like the ability for some more reports.

Corey M.

Well designed product at an affordable price.

Reviewed on 29/6/2021

Customer support before and after have been exceptional

Pros

Spam filtering and reporting work as they should. Customer support is great.

Cons

Encryption and Archiving could be easier to deploy and manage.

Proofpoint Email Protection

Reasons for Choosing SpamTitan

Cloud based and more affordable

Reasons for Switching to SpamTitan

Price
Hector G.
  • Industry: Wholesale

SpamTitan is Good!

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

Our biggest benefit I must say is that little peace of mind in case our onsite server goes down our emails will still be deliver as soon the server is restored.. even up to 5 days.

Pros

Setup is simple. Don't need much time to understand options or features, Menus and options are easy to navigate and find. When you need support they always answer fast. Is one of those things you setup and just forget about it.

Cons

System slows down quite often, nothing serious enough to regret in my case with only 110 email addresses to handle for reports and quarantine. Quarantine alerts/reports timeframes are too long even for the smallest business... I consider this its biggest flaw! as the shortest timeframe is daily. This should improve with a shorter or a programmable option offered globally and/or in a categorized list selectable by user or groups.

Luca S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

easy to manage, almost no false positives.

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

I'm very satisfied with this product. We manage several installation on both single mail server and multi mail server configuration. It is very easy to setup and maintain which makes it a perfect software for production environments.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is the fact it is an appliance that can run as a Virtual Machine.
It highly simplifies the implementation of the product in any environment or architecture.
It is easy to manage any internet domain and all the rules to them related.
It supports more mail servers.
It makes use of 2 different Anti-Virus to reduce the risk to let Viruses pass the appliance.

Cons

the outlook addin or the way for the user to manage their quarantine is not the easiest. it could be managed in a different way, especially for MS Exchange users.

Harold S.

Love Spamtitan

Reviewed on 4/9/2018

I manage several different types op mailservers, postfix, hmailserver and MS Exchange. All e-mails in and out are sent through SpamTitan, so it works with all kinds of mailservers. It is really stable and it protects a lot of people.

Pros

I like the value for money. The VM appliance doesn't consume much resources. Spam tagging is good, managing the interface is straightforward and works. The appliance is very very stable. It never crashed in the last 8 years. Updating is straightforward, questions sent to support are answered fast.

Cons

Managing and changing multiple domains could be a bit better. Changing several domains takes a bit of time. Export Import of a central config file would be a good option.
When a new kind of spamming hits the market, Spamtitan does take a couple of days to react to that.

Dalton J.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

SpamTitan for a non-profit

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

We are a very small nonprofit ministry that has more than one website and multiple email addresses. We were receiving between 75-100 pieces of spam a day when we finally found SpamTitan. You were recommended in a list of possible companies who provide spam protection. We found the sales and technical staff to ALL be congenial and desirous to SOLVE problems quickly. The software was easy to learn, and once it begins catching things, it seems to learn what to look for even better than at the beginning.
Also, we asked if there were any ability to get a discount because of the type organization we have and the work we do, and the sales team were very willing to work with us to get the best possible rate.
THANKS GUYS - we appreciate ALL you do for 30 60 100 MINISTRIES, INC.

Pros

Ease of use, the high percentage of spam caught the first time!

Cons

It has worked so well over the past year that I have forgotten the amount of time it took to initially set up our account. In reality, initial setup was so easy to do that I cannot say that I have an Cons to refer to.

Kris P.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

One of the best anti-spam appliances available

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Pros

A very good anti-spam filter with a lot of options. Suitable for any mailserver (I use it with a linux-based mailserver, but you can use it with Exchange as well). From time to time upgrades are available. These updates are running smoothly, I never had problems with it. We use spamtitan for 5 years now, we had only one actual problem during this period. That problem was solved quickly by the spamtitan helpdesk.

Cons

As from version 7, they've replace Kaspersky anti-virus gateway by Bitdefender. In my opinion, Kaspersky had a higher virus detection and worked better. There is also an extra free anti-virus gateway "Clamav", but that one I had to disable because of some troubles.

Joshua M.
  • Industry: Machinery

JNM Rise - SpanTitan

Reviewed on 24/10/2020

Great!

Pros

Owning a small business, much of my time is spent sourcing new jobs by subscribing to online platforms or participating in online group chats. Additionally, I am often upgrading my own or my teams skillsets by undergoing online training. All of the above require that you offer and email and subscribe to services. SpamTitan has been great to filter out those email sources I've identified as spam, and for other emails that would be considered junk - SpamTitan does an absolutely terrific job in filtering out these emails.

Cons

The software was a bit tricky to install and understand how to set parameters for email screening. Once this was sorted out, it became an incredible ease to use and now it is a tool we employ on the regular to keep our email accounts clean of junk.

David B.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Excellent, Just works, Easy to setup,

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

it stop spam and allows me to control the email coming and going to our servers.

Pros

How easy and fast it was to setup and was working how it should. It did not take a lot of configuring to get it to work. It has lots of features and the web gui is easy to use. I like it has updates build right it. It sends a report to your users to let them know what emails been quarantined in case there was a false match. It catch lots and of spam and has good lists. It east to make white and black lists. You can self host on your own server.

Cons

It doesnt archive emails. You cant read emails once the been released.
There really no other cons i can think of.

Daniel L.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Say goodbye to spam and welcome your cybersecurity

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

I eliminated all the spam that I received daily, now my inbox only receives what is really important. Highly recommended.
After having suffered a cyber attack by some hackers, we were forced to use all kinds of anti-malware, anti-virus and anti-spam software. And truly Spam Titan is one of those that has given us better results.

Pros

imagine a filter that protects you from everything bad, an intelligent filter, which gives way to the good and blocks everything that is suspicious... Well, that filter exists and it's called Spam Titan
since I started using this program I could stop worrying about the annoying spam emails and the cyber risks that are usually associated with it.
now I use Spam Titan in all the email accounts that I have associated..

Cons

nothing bad to limit, excellent program at a very competitive price.

• Industry: Defense & Space

Get Rid of Spam While Using SpamTitan

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Pros

My email seems to be receiving a lot of spam lately and the previous anti-spam software we used didn’t seem to capture the junk I get daily. This means I have to sort them out myself. Thank God for SpamTitan which came to the rescue right on time. It truly eliminates all kinds of spam and junk mail that clogs your email. I can go through my emails more smoothly now.

Cons

SpamTitan is so efficient that it sometimes overdoes it. When my clients tell me they’ve emailed me and I haven’t received it, I know I should check my junk folder. That’s the only concern I have.

Great Cloud Spam service with a lot of options to tweak if needed.

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Helps me manage my spam to filter out the real from the fake. Also protects my company from virus' or phishing attempts through mail.

Pros

You have full control and visibility of all the emails that go in and out of your mail server. Settings can be changed from the online interface and you can even give user limited access if they need it. Users in most cases don't need access as everything can be managed from an end user perspective from within their inbox. The service is fast and support is really quick to get back to you when you have a question or problem.

Cons

It can be hard at times to tweak settings for each user as they each like things slightly different. Once you have had the system going for a little while it starts to learn what is good and what is bad.
Alias email addresses are treated as individual email accounts which can be frustrating to end users who treat the alias account all as one account.

• Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 5/9/2018

We get volumes of spam and SpamTitan helps us to make that manageable, and a safer situation.

Pros

It works well. It is a vast improvement on spam filtering over Websense/Surf Control. We are getting less spam. The tech support is good, the folks there are responsive and good about dealing with individual issues and questions. There are a ton of features, different spam fighting techniques and ways to customize based on your needs.

Cons

Not much to criticize. You can't export your white list, but I guess that's to discourage you from leaving.

Kazu H.

Great filtering system & easy administration

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Pros

Filter spam emails very well. Easy to admin once you get hang of it.

Cons

Customer support. Due to the time zone difference, response from support team can be slow.

I have been a customer of SpamTitan for 10+ years. A+ installation, configuration and support.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Low admin overhead spam filtering

Pros

I do not have to worry about it. Once installed, configured and trained, I can forget about it. I am a one person IT department for a 500+ employee company. The less time I have to spend on worrying about spam is more time I can dedicate to other projects.

Cons

A couple of admin interface oddities such as no confirmation when releasing/whitelisting/deleting messages in the Quarantine. Nothing would make me want to look for another solution.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 6/11/2020

I have worked with the SpamTitan solution for a long time, and I have had very good results, not only in detecting spam mail, but also in mail with malware. It is a very intuitive tool that provides several options to protect the domain of a company, we can also recover the emails in a certain time and its history supports us with a detailed description that helps us validate what is happening in the analysis of the mails. I recommend it 100.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to implement and use, very complete, it detects any type of email, from the structure of the account of any email to its content, this is due to its multilayer analysis.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this tool.

Jean-jacques T.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Ted System

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Great experience with high professionalism support and software very stable.
We had an issue with the upgrade version, I would like more warning about updated software.

Pros

Stability and management. The support is very easy to assist me and understanding the issue.

Cons

If I need to indicate the least it will be ergonomic but it's not really a problem.

Ramin S.

Recommended Spam Software

Reviewed on 23/3/2018

Recommended!!

Pros

The whole interface is user-friendly, easy navigated and well designed. Working with SpamTitan will allow you a great chance to deal with spams and it will help you a lot to deal with spams. It will work automatically, just set it up and relax. They worth every piece of price for that service.

Cons

The only negative thing that we experienced with SpamTitan is that at rare times some specific, important and not spam emails checked as a Spam. But it's small problem and happens rarely. The reasonable product, needs to try.

Karly D.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Through several companies I worked for I use this appliance, 10 years of absolute confidence!

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Lesser spam, first line of defence against malware & viruses and insight on mail usage in the organization

Pros

user friendlyness together with a very good support team available that can on request login and repair whatever needs to be fixed

Cons

maybe some more graphical interface to see queue submitting when troubleshooting outgoing mail issues especially when working with an internal emailserver sending all out via spamtitan

Overall a very hard to beat spam protection solution!

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

A lot less junk in my inbox! We still do get the occasional junk mail, which we submit as false negatives, but compared to what we had before, wow!

Pros

It has a plethora of configuration options. Once we went through the initial recommended configuration, it just plain worked. It's hard to single out any one specific feature that we like most because we love nearly everything about it. If we had to say one thing about it, it is that it is one of the most customization solutions that we've ran across, and also backed by some of the most patient and knowledgeable support staff we've ran across. If you have something you need to figure out chances are they have already, or can think outside the box enough to get it done. Great combination!

Cons

Sometimes we ran into little minor things that we wanted to change that were just too outside of the established convention. While the support staff did make it work, sometimes it would have to be readdressed with a subsequent software update release. Not a big con at all and totally understandable!