ImportOmatic

3.9/5
4.4/5

Christian
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Omatic makes things much easier!

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

My overall experience with Omatic is great. It's a timesaver and a tool that contributes to my efficiency.

Pros

Omatic has helped me import data into our database in the most effective and efficient way. With the setup of their Profiles/Templates for recurring imports, I can't express how much time it has saved me! My productivity has increased substantially with ImportOmatic and I'm able to focus more on fundraising.

Cons

This is a powerful tool and with that comes a lot of options that at times can be overwhelming. Luckily, their support team is great and able to assist in a timely manner.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Christian, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Michele

Improved Gift Entry

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

The process working with our rep and getting us up and running was pretty smooth. The training was probably the most frustrating trying to find 3 hour blocks of time to get the training and profiles set up. We are actually scheduled for more profile builds for the events and have purchased ScoreOmatic as well and will be getting that set up after the first of the year.

Pros

This software has made the entering of gifts and constituents much easier and faster. It was a learning curve, more so because our online donation forms are intricate. I have saved valuable time and paper using this software. I wish we had done this sooner.

Cons

I think what I need is there. It is just learning to use them and the profiles effectively. I don't have anything negative to say. I think most of my issues are actually with our forms and trying to figure out how to incorporate them into the profiles correctly.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Michele, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Lauren

ImportO Matic Review

Reviewed on 28/2/2019

Pretty good overall, just has a duplicate problem.

Pros

Its easy to use - user friendly. Easy to train others.

Cons

Sometimes just shuts down out of nowhere. Does not always catch duplicates. Does not catch proper case files and just creates duplicates for them.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Lauren-
Thanks for taking the time to complete a review for Omatic Software. We value your input!
Our support team would be happy to look at the issues you are having around duplicates. Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] and I can help set up some time with them.
Thanks,
Marcia
Customer Success Team Lead

Judy
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Used for 2+ years

ImportOmatic Review

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

We have an annual fundraising event where we sell cards to individuals where those cards can be used to receive a 20% discount on items purchased at over 750 retailers during a specific 10 day period. The volume of cards sold is huge, and every card sold has the purchaser info contained on the sales form (contact info). The data on each sales form must be entered into Raiser's Edge. Using ImportOmatic to export sales data entry info through our website into a csv file which is then imported using the scheduler tool has been a tremendous time saver and allows the info to flow into Raiser's Edge on a much quicker basis. This gives us access to potential new donors on a much more timely basis for use with our other appeals.

Pros

With the use of the scheduler tool in conjunction with the ImportOmatic software tool, large volumes of data can be imported into Raiser's Edge without the need for touching each record...only those records that don't conform to the screening criteria need human touch. This greatly reduces the amount of time needed for volume imports.

Cons

Sometimes the complexity involved when setting up a good configuration for a template can be a real challenge. It is a delicate balancing act to get a template set up that is tight enough not to reject a high volume of records versus not enough tightness that results in too many records being imported that really did need some human touch.

Donna

Indispensable Tool

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

We've been able to achieve our goal of having ALL gift data recorded in Raiser's Edge, not just names and totals. With events of $3 million, it's essential to use this data for more than just the recording of gifts. It's used to import team, participant and area info from Classy which helps us in too many ways to list.

Pros

We like to import ALL data from ACH deposits, from multiple revenue streams. Having IOM allows us to do that after an initial setup and some maintenance. It would be time-prohibitive without the tools.

Cons

I would like to be able to add to the dictionary on-the-fly.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Donna, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Evan

Great Integration for Classy-Salesforce

Reviewed on 22/1/2021

I highly recommend this product! Our non-profit has only positive things to say regarding Omatic Cloud Software. Considering that we are to small to have a formal IT department and do not have a Developer on staff- this eases burden, permitting us to focus our efforts on mission. In 2020, that meant feeding over 6.5 million meals to families whose livelihoods were drastically impacted by Covid-19.

Pros

The support team aiding in set-up made the process seamless. This system has not only reduced duplicate data within our CRM by 95%, but has increased confidence amidst our organization’s leadership with CRM reporting.

Cons

I found it somewhat challenging to asses platform error messages. Having an online reference for error messages with troubleshooting measures would be a great resource for consumers. I believe it would not only build confidence through understanding data flow, but also cut back on need of tech support with issues that may be resolved by the user.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Evan, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Clint
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

The missing interface that you didn't know how much you needed

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

A bit of a learning curve, but way easier to learn then trying to do a manual batch import into RE. I honestly believe blackbaud designed certain aspects of their software to be difficult on purpose, so that you'd spend more money on all the add-ons they provide... That's why omatic has a niche, and I think it's an essential add-on for any organization that uses RaisersEdge. The bonus is it's extensibility to serve as the import interface between pretty much anything and RE.

Pros

The matching algorithm - the software allows you to tweak the settings to precisely determine what is a matching record and for possible matches at what score or threshold level to prompt for user interaction to step in and make that determination if it's not so obvious.

Cons

interpreting errors when you generate exception logs- the log captures what looks like java runtime exceptions and most end users are not programmers, so if you can't decipher what the error actually is, you're only option is to search the KB articles or put in a support ticket. I think there needs to be an interpreter software piece that can read in those exception logs and provide something a bit more human readable- I think we spend more time trying to decipher the error logs then actually running the automated process- so is it truly saving the end user time? depends on how many errors there are...

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Clint, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad that you're pleased with your experience. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. If you have further issues, our Customer Success team would be more than happy to help! Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

George

The right Raiser's Edge tool for the job

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

I'm using ImportOmatic to append or update data to the Raiser's Edge for data integrity and accuracy. The data is then used for fund raising and prospect research.

Pros

The ImportOmatic tool saves me time by skipping the Blackbaud Raiser's Edge import process. The tools allows me to address Raiser's Edge importing issues. This tools has saved me a tremendous amount of time and allowed me to get me job done. Without this tool, I would not be able to complete several of my projects. This tool is hightly recommended if you are serious about moving data into Raiser's Edge.

Cons

This software has a steep learning curve. I wish there were short 5-10 minute Youtube videos to address advance processes so I can just watch and learn. (ie. remove attribues fields, names matching, scoring, etc.) This saves me a call to Omatic or refer to the 793 page user's guide.

Julie

Data Import

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Pros

Once the dictionaries and import files are programmed, the data easily transfers to Raiser's Edge daily. The online programming assistance helps with setting up the forms since we are not programmers.

Cons

Setting up the import forms can take time and every field needs to be mapped correctly. Once the form is set up, then the ease of use is amazing.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Julie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Powerful tool

Reviewed on 17/2/2019

Omatic helps us uploade data from our Phonathon software to RE every day.

We can now bring in our new student record into RE in weeks rather than months

Pros

It provide us with the ability to automate many of our import needs

Cons

Some of the options are not as intuitive as one would think

Kelly

Omatic makes Raisers Edge so much more useful

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

I can't recommend them enough. It adds so much functionality to Raisers Edge. It will let you integrate basically any third party software with Raisers Edge almost seamlessly – from email marketing to volunteer management to online donations.

Pros

There are a few different import tools for Raisers Edge, but ImportOmatic is the best one by leaps and bounds. The standard Raisers Edge imports work for very basic things, like adding actions, but Omatic is a necessity for anything more complicated. You can add or update name/address/email/phone AND add gifts at the same time. It matches constituents automatically (which actually works well). The best part is that gifts go into a batch, which you can review for accuracy before committing.

Cons

The only downside to Omatic is that because it does so many things, it is a little complicated. You need someone on staff who is tech savvy enough to setup the imports and troubleshoot if something changes. If you add new fields to a donate page, you have to update the import profile in Omatic, and that takes attention to detail. Omatic has really good training and help articles though. It's all in plain English and doesn't need any special coding.

Glynis
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Changers to features reduced useability

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

We use Omatic to automatically pull queried information from Blackbaud Altru to Luminate Online for scheduled emails.

Pros

Omatic has fantastic customer support, and their representatives have worked hard to make the software work for us.

Cons

There are features that were once available and have been removed as the focus of Omatic has shifted, and the loss of these features have left us with little reason to keep using Omatic.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Glynis, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience, both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, we'll pass your comments along to see if we can continue to provide additional support. Thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Milly
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Useful but at times frustrating

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

Importomatic is definitely a help in getting masses of data into our database. However, it is clunky and limited, without the ability to tailor it to our specific needs.

Pros

It does what we need - enables mass import of large quantities of data

Cons

It's inflexible - we have to do a lot of workarounds to make the data fit

Most frustrating - every time Importomatic makes an update, we have to re-map EVERY profile, which is time consuming and frustrating (especially when updates are too frequent) and also means that sometimes things are missed and profiles are not importing everything we thought they were. It needs constant review and work, which again is time consuming and open to errors.

Jonathan

Lifesaver

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

Pros

My organization imports over 20k records per month, without importomatic duplicates would be a major issue. The ability to match in constituents that are already in the database, select the specific data to correct or modify and edit the import information on the fly, make it an incredible tool.

Cons

Customer support process is the one thing about the product I like the least. Creating a case and waiting for a response is frustrating at times.

Robbin
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Useful tool for data management

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

I use Omatic software to help identify possible duplicate records within our database. The thorough analysis makes it manageable to verify the information and thereby merge records for more useful record management.

Pros

I like that I'm able to use Omatic software to help troubleshoot problem areas in our database so that our information is correct and relevant.

Cons

Occasionally the software can contribute to our database running slower, but only during high-traffic periods within our company.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Robbin, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Mubo

Mubo's Review of ImportOmatic

Reviewed on 25/1/2021

I use ImportOmatic to import and update records including graduate students' records, Appeals, and Action Reports (Contact Reports).

Pros

I like that it is very fast in uploading records into Raiser's Edge. I also like that it scans records and suggests if records being imported into Raiser's Edge should be matched with a record already in Raiser's Edge or if the incoming record should be added as new records, etc.

Cons

Setting up dictionaries can be a bit challenging.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Mubo, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Krystal
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Wonderful experience using this software.

Reviewed on 1/3/2018

Pros

The profile creation is pretty much seamless. I prefer using ImportOmatci versus the classic RE import option.

Cons

I wish support had a chat option- creating a ticket is often not the option best suited for my needs at times.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Krystal-
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are thrilled you've had a great experience with ImportOmatic.
Our Customer Support team is always interested in making our clients lives easier. They have some great things on the horizon for 2018!
Thanks
Marcia Hightower
Customer Success Manager

Vicki
  • Industry: Performing Arts

THANK YOU! It's a dream product!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

It saves us hundreds of hours a year. Plus, the deduping while importing is awesome!

Pros

1. De-duping while importing. 2. Easy mapping. I like the fact that you don't have to type more just to get to the minimum number of characters. I am a database administrator and we value the number of keystrokes. Less is more!

Linda
  • Industry: Fishery

NDA Omatic Renew

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

I am pleased with Omatic.

Pros

it was easy to navigate once I learned the software.

Cons

I feel that it has all the features that we need.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Linda, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Elizabeth

ImportOmatic - Great Importing Tool

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

Overall, ImportOmatic is a very good import tool, because when it works it works. It just neatly puts the data in the fields I mapped. I have so much to learn, but I do like working with it.

Pros

I love that it's a pretty decent tool to easily map your fields to import. I love that it basis your import fields off of your spreadsheet and the fields set up in them. Also, I like that ImportOmatic gives you dictionaries and function settings to set up most common words that are misspelled, or abbreviations you can set up, so that when the system goes through the data, it imports the field into the database in the correct way. Wonderful.

Cons

As I understand that ImportOmatic wants it so you don't have to do a lot of preparation to the spreadsheet. That the idea is to make sure the system does the work. It's not always clear how to do this. Updating existing education records, adding appeals to a full list....

Joan

More efficient using ImportOmatic

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

Before ImportOmatic, we would spend two days importing a new grad class. ImportOmatic reduced our processing time to a few hours.

Pros

We have used ImportOmatic for several years and have been very pleased with the product. Our import processes are much more efficient now as a result. I really like the interactive side-by-side comparison which allows me to select which data to import record by record.

Cons

I would like the ability to check for phone and email duplicates based on the actual phone number or email address, not just type.

Loual
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

A need for large Data transfer

Reviewed on 27/2/2019

Our biggest problem was handling over 100,000 new constituents each year. this streamlined our ability to quickly handle 10-20k of new people every month.

Pros

I have a large amount of data being collected and Omatic solved my problem of getting the data in our RE database correctly. Besides the data it also helps with the gift processing from our Lumniate account.

Cons

Sometimes setting up the forms can be a little tricky if you are not use to setting them up.

George
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Omatic

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

Pros

the software is good enough to do the job.

Cons

The software is very slow. I wish it was faster.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi George, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

MichaelAnn

ImportOmatic has been a great investment for our organization

Reviewed on 22/2/2018

Pros

You can import data from basically any source and you get to customize the import profile to fit your needs.

Cons

The only thing that is inconvenient is updating profiles and/or dictionaries after a version update.

Jaclyn
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Easy and cuts down on staff time

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Pros

How much it speeds up importing and cuts down on duplicates. You have control without it taking hours and hours so sift through and match everything.

Cons

That fact that a lot of things you might need involve formulas you wouldn't know. For example, we needed to import credit card numbers into a batch. The numbers in the excel had a "cc-" in front of it. In order to import the numbers without having to manually remove the "cc-" our support person knew a code to do that, something we couldn't have known ourselves without much much more training.