Stephanie U.

Automatic omatic

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Not pushy sales people. Willing to show demos and answer questions. Product set up was quick, perhaps too quick. Would have liked the trainer to follow back up with us after our trainings as once we started using the product, we had questions.

Pros

My organization uses three omatic products. They have continued to show their understanding of our industry and design their products so they are easy to use. The product we have been using the longest is Record Radar. If your fundraisers like to visit geographic areas and want to know who else they can visit, this is the tool you need!

Cons

They are not pushy at all with their products and I wish they would be more! By this, I mean that I wish I would have purchased this sooner as it has made a world of difference with our data processing team. I do think their implementation could have gone a bit different for import-o-matic.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Stephanie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

it has been extremely difficult

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

Update – we are now paying a HJC (Luminate Consultants) and trying to get Blackbaud Professional services involved to assist with resolving omatic group-sync issues.

currently seeking professional services combination of RELO and Omatic, as these issue remain unresolved with support.

- Run RELO at the same time as Luminate Connector – as the omatic group sync profile is causing too many problems to list
- Can either of these tools bring registrants into the events module, prior to bringing the donations over?
- Can either of these tools prevent the runaway duplicate situation in Luminate Online? I suspect once group sync profile is fixed, this will resolve itself
- Can either of these tools bring constituents over who have not yet made a donation, rather signed up for a newsletter? The omatic constituent import is not working because group sync has overwritten Country from Canada to Cnd and there are thousands of updates (errors) to click through to find one new genuine newsletter subscriber.
- What happens to all the monthly donors that were set up with omatic? a return to RELO would break all those subscribers connections to the original recurring gift.
- Creating an email group takes 3 hours for 30000 records, everytime annual giving wants to send an email – Omatic says that the only resolution is getting faster internet (RE is hosted by Concourse and Luminate Online is hosted by Blackbaud), who needs faster internet?

Pros

the promise of ease and time saving sounded great, unfortunately that has not been our experience

Cons

Luminate Connector is NOT a time saving tool, and profiles still not working months after implementation

Response from Omatic Software

We are sorry to hear that you've had some issues with the Luminate Online connector. The entire Omatic team is committed to working through these problems with you. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss your concerns in depth. I'm happy to help!
Marcia

Crystal C.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Fantastic tool & it makes my job much easier. I can work smarter not harder. The staff are...

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

ImportOmatic allows me to work smarter not harder. I can import files in minutes and know that the information is coming in just the way I want it and not creating duplicate records. I don't have to spend time cleaning each import file because I created a profile once and know that it will take care of the mess for me.

Pros

Setting up the profiles is fun and the tools (dictionaries, virtual fields, automation) are so helpful. I can add or update constituents within minutes with ImportOmatic instead of spending days doing it manually or worrying about issues with the standard import tool in RE. I can setup and change the matching criteria for profiles depending on my trust issues or trust in the file that I am importing. Being able to assign functions and proper casing within the profile means that I don't have to spend time formatting my spreadsheet every time. The training from the Omatic staff is great. Their training method of showing you how to create a profile, creating one with you, and then a following up call for any questions about additional profiles you created is perfect.

Cons

It is hard to think of cons because just in the past year Omatic has expanded the features that I had complaints about before. I miss being able to process a whole import no matter what the size under the validation mode. It just added another safety net to the process.

George H.

The right Raiser's Edge tool for the job

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

I'm using ImportOmatic to append or update data to the Raiser's Edge for data integrity and accuracy. The data is then used for fund raising and prospect research.

Pros

The ImportOmatic tool saves me time by skipping the Blackbaud Raiser's Edge import process. The tools allows me to address Raiser's Edge importing issues. This tools has saved me a tremendous amount of time and allowed me to get me job done. Without this tool, I would not be able to complete several of my projects. This tool is hightly recommended if you are serious about moving data into Raiser's Edge.

Cons

This software has a steep learning curve. I wish there were short 5-10 minute Youtube videos to address advance processes so I can just watch and learn. (ie. remove attribues fields, names matching, scoring, etc.) This saves me a call to Omatic or refer to the 793 page user's guide.

ImportOMatic for Raiser's Edge

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

ImportOMatic and Omatic Softwares are valued software providers that have reduced our processing time. The ease of use has allowed us to widen the scope of data that we include in our Raiser's Edge database.

Pros

Works seemlessly with Raiser's Edge. The duplicate search features and dictionaries drastically reduce the amount of time spent on manipulating data sets that we are importing into our database.

Cons

In interface could be more intuitive to allow for less training of new users.

Tom K.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

ImportOmatic is an essential piece of software for anyone organization that uses Raiser's Edge.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

By using ImportOmatic we're able to save an incredible amount of time during our regular imports and we've had a few cases where we could ONLY import data into Raiser's Edge with ImportOmatic. It improves our data consistency and accuracy by automatic scrubbing and correcting the imported data in order to fit our needs and wants. It's a *must have* for every Raiser's Edge institution.

Pros

The software makes importing data into Raiser's Edge much easier and provides a ton of different data scrubbing and logic options. The various functions can end up saving an organization hours, if not entire days of work, depending on their import needs and data file. When we've had questions or suggestions they've quickly been addressed and new functions are being added all the time.

Cons

This is a serious data import program, so with that comes a certain amount of complexity. It takes a while to get the gist of how it all works and navigating through the various menu systems and options can be a little daunting at first.

Brandy H.

Amazing product

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

Customer support and the knowledge the engineers have with building custom imports is amazing.

Pros

The ease of use with importing vs the basic RE import.

Cons

I don't have one, it is an amazing product.

Hillary M.

Life saving import help

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Pros

I spent years using the canned import feature in Raiser’s Edge. Omatic was a game changer by fully automating this process with no extra manipulation required!

Cons

Not really anything I can point out here. Everything has a learning curve but this isn’t bad at all.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Hillary, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Jennifer L.

I love Omatic! The software and the company are tremendous!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Improved accuracy, merged dupe accounts with ease, bring NCOA changes into my database in minutes, track relationships between donors my mailing use to generate 100s of returned mail - now I get one piece returned in a 10,000 piece mailing - because of Omatic!

Pros

The software is so powerful! It can handle almost any field in my database - it handles more fields than the database can! Omatic software improves the functionality of my database.

Jack Y.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

It's very useful software, however local support in Australia can be lacking

Reviewed on 2/3/2018

We are able to setup imports to RE without having to do too much work on the incoming files

Pros

It adds a lot of great functionality that isn't in RE but should be. It's also probably quite a bit easier to use than the Blackbaud Import, however we're well trained in that so we still use it at times

Cons

Mainly the lack of Australian support, and that I always feel like we aren't taking full advantage of it

Jaclyn L.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Easy and cuts down on staff time

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Pros

How much it speeds up importing and cuts down on duplicates. You have control without it taking hours and hours so sift through and match everything.

Cons

That fact that a lot of things you might need involve formulas you wouldn't know. For example, we needed to import credit card numbers into a batch. The numbers in the excel had a "cc-" in front of it. In order to import the numbers without having to manually remove the "cc-" our support person knew a code to do that, something we couldn't have known ourselves without much much more training.

Joel A.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ImportOmatic has saved us time on large new constituent and gift entry tasks.

Reviewed on 26/2/2018

Our team has been able to use this software to reduce the amount of person hours needed for several recurring large tasks monthly and through out the year.

Pros

Using ImportOmatic has allowed us to reduce the number of staffers needed and time taken on our large new constituent loads. It has also allowed us to integrate some third party info into our gift batch processes.

Cons

Some of the phone and address options are not compatible with our current data handling methods, but that is not necessarily a critique of those options. We've also experienced the need to change the same linking across multiple individual, but related, profiles when there were changes in methods within the source of the data.

Ann-kathryn R.

Your Dreams Have Come True

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

Pros

The Import tool in Raiser's Edge is remarkable, but extremely fraught with confusion & danger.
ImportOmatic is a g*d-send for database administrators like me, who constantly have huge amounts of data to enter that is about half in the DB already, & half brand new. The import duplicate management tools are fabulous.

Cons

The setting up of profiles is extremely complex, and seems to have some redundancies. Once it is set up, though, there is smooth sailing ahead.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Ann-Kathryn, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Michelle N.

Importing Made Simple

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Overall, my experience with Omatic software has been and continues to be great. The customer service is awesome and prompt. I would recommend this software to others because of the customer service and the ease of use of the software.

Pros

The most impactful feature of Import-omatic is the ability to create templates that I can reuse. This takes the guesswork out of determining if I have all that I need to run an import and saves a tremendous amount of time. The product is very user-friendly and integration with existing business processes was seamless.

Cons

I think the most difficult part of using Import-omatic is the regular expressions area of the dictionary. It’s one of those things that if you don’t use it regularly, you can forget the primary aspects of how to set it up properly.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Michelle, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Karen B.

We spend more time with donors and less time with spreadsheets

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Reduced hand-data entry. Reduction in errors. Increased flexibility.

Pros

I no longer have to prep my spreadsheets for my regular imports. I occasionally forget how amazing of a statement that is. Virtual data fields and dictionaries can be set up ahead of imports, including the ability to skip records that meet certain criteria. It matches or creates records, addresses can be old or slightly different--I choose when to update or ignore It matches on "close" names, if I want it to. I have fewer multi-pass imports, because so many more things can be done with each pass. But the biggest thing is that we are able, with the same number of staff members, to better customize our donor solicitations because we don't have to spend hours and hours pouring over column over column in thousands of lines of spreadsheets. Omatic lets us customize based on what we already know about our donors, which gives us time to continue learning more about them.

Cons

It's sophisticated and robust. Which means if you're someone who hates instructor-led training and just likes to click around to learn, it will take you ages to learn everything it can do. It's SO incredibly customize-able--it will suggest but not dictate for many fields--that people who want full functionality without a learning curve are going to flat-out miss out on all the things it can do for you. If you are constantly in a work environment where you feel it's easier to do something the slow, hard way than figure out an easier way--if there is never an opportunity to slow down and learn something new--you won't realize its full benefits.

Josh C.

ImportOmatic review

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

We import thousands of gifts and constituents every week with ImportOmatic. We have multiple users importing files from several different sources to add/edit constituents, process gifts, and maintain address data. We also use it for data cleanup - export data from RE, manipulate it in the spreadsheet, and then reimport it to clean up the records.

Pros

We've used ImportOmatic for years to streamline our import processes - rather than having to use several different RE processes, we can use a single file and a single import process to add/update records. The ability to set up import dictionaries and use the API to manipulate the imported data is tremendously useful.

Cons

I don't have much in the way of cons. ImportOmatic does a great job of addressing some core weaknesses of RE. It's allowed us to function with RE without having to maintain our own custom solutions.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Josh, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Michelle N.

Best Import Product and User Friendly

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

Overall ImportOmatic is a great product with more pros than cons. When I've spoken with someone from customer service I have had nothing but great experiences.

Pros

I've been using this product to do imports of various types for 4 years now and I wouldn't use anything else. ImportOmatic takes the guesswork out of getting the data in the database in an effective and efficient way. Having the convenience of Profiles/Templates set up for recurring imports saves so much more time than importing with the database's limited resources. Not having to manipulate the data from the source file is a HUGE time saver! Just being able to create a dictionary to correct the potential "garbage" that could go into the system saves time for me as the only person that does this function in my department and minimizes cleaning up the data. My productivity has increased substantially since I have been using this product.

Cons

The one thing I like least about the product is the limitation of validating only 25 records at a time when you are using ImportOmatic in the hosted environment. Outside of the hosted environment there was no limit on the number of records and the ability to import after validating all the records was seamless. It also seems counter intuitive to allow help tickets to be entered online, but the only way to receive an initial response is a return phone call. I think it would be more productive if there was a chat option.

Simon P.

Essential for integrating RENXT to iSAMS

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Love utilising it.Often finding it easier to implement something rather than using NXT's Import functionality

Pros

The software give you the control to add and update data pretty much how we want it in RENXT

Cons

Deleting fields can be a pain but we can live with it.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Simon, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Regina D.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Overall, I love the product. We've had our issues in the past on various things, but support...

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Time saver is the biggest thing. Because it's easier to use than RE Import, it saves time on a lot of various tasks, from the use of virtual fields and dictionaries, to easily reloading errors. It's a great product.

Pros

It's a lot easier to use than RE's import and it's move efficient. I love the use of virtual fields. Dictionaries are so helpful too. I appreciate that I don't have to frequently manipulate spreadsheets. Plus, it loads much faster than the RE import and produces errors and makes it easier to identify and import the errors.

Breanna P.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Very Useful Tool

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Pros

Omatic accomplishes a critical task -- ensuring our various databases talk to each other -- in a very straightforward way. I'm glad I can rely on Omatic to create these connections across our systems.

Cons

The interface can be confusing or intimidating for new users.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Breanna, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Uttam T.

OMagic

Reviewed on 17/2/2019

We are very happy with IOM and have been using for the past five years plus. It makes importing easy for all level RE users.

Pros

Ease of mapping fields and detailed process doc makes importing records easy. The added feature of creating a gift batch or adding records to an existing gift batch is also very handy.

Cons

We do not have any negative experience to share

Vicki C.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

THANK YOU! It's a dream product!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

It saves us hundreds of hours a year. Plus, the deduping while importing is awesome!

Pros

1. De-duping while importing. 2. Easy mapping. I like the fact that you don't have to type more just to get to the minimum number of characters. I am a database administrator and we value the number of keystrokes. Less is more!

Melanie L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Eases daily work

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

I have had good customer experience when troubleshooting. They have been quick to address any situation I have had.

Pros

Once set up, it allows for quick imports of regular data. It makes the job go so much faster than manual input.

Cons

It can be complicated to learn and if you don't catch all of the nuances it can import misinformation.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Melanie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Waileia M.

Great Fit

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

We have had a great experience using Omatic. We are integrating data from an older system, with some difficult business processes. Omatic has been able to mitigate some of those processes for us, during the import process. Thereby eliminating the need for extensive weekly data clean-up.

Pros

For our complex organization, Omatic is a great fit. With the customization one can make, the software can manage almost any situation.

Cons

At this time, nothing. The software is doing what it is meant to do.

Wil A.

Import-O-Everything

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

The Omatic Software team overall is very responsive and they DO follow-up to customer issues.

Pros

The flexibility to apply profiles to multiple sources and be accurate on all the data being imported.

Cons

It can use a better user interface to manage settings and tools and to organize profiles.