4.4
4.4
Stephanie U.

Automatic omatic

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Not pushy sales people. Willing to show demos and answer questions. Product set up was quick, perhaps too quick. Would have liked the trainer to follow back up with us after our trainings as once we started using the product, we had questions.

Pros

My organization uses three omatic products. They have continued to show their understanding of our industry and design their products so they are easy to use. The product we have been using the longest is Record Radar. If your fundraisers like to visit geographic areas and want to know who else they can visit, this is the tool you need!

Cons

They are not pushy at all with their products and I wish they would be more! By this, I mean that I wish I would have purchased this sooner as it has made a world of difference with our data processing team. I do think their implementation could have gone a bit different for import-o-matic.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Stephanie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

it has been extremely difficult

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

Update – we are now paying a HJC (Luminate Consultants) and trying to get Blackbaud Professional services involved to assist with resolving omatic group-sync issues.

currently seeking professional services combination of RELO and Omatic, as these issue remain unresolved with support.

- Run RELO at the same time as Luminate Connector – as the omatic group sync profile is causing too many problems to list
- Can either of these tools bring registrants into the events module, prior to bringing the donations over?
- Can either of these tools prevent the runaway duplicate situation in Luminate Online? I suspect once group sync profile is fixed, this will resolve itself
- Can either of these tools bring constituents over who have not yet made a donation, rather signed up for a newsletter? The omatic constituent import is not working because group sync has overwritten Country from Canada to Cnd and there are thousands of updates (errors) to click through to find one new genuine newsletter subscriber.
- What happens to all the monthly donors that were set up with omatic? a return to RELO would break all those subscribers connections to the original recurring gift.
- Creating an email group takes 3 hours for 30000 records, everytime annual giving wants to send an email – Omatic says that the only resolution is getting faster internet (RE is hosted by Concourse and Luminate Online is hosted by Blackbaud), who needs faster internet?

Pros

the promise of ease and time saving sounded great, unfortunately that has not been our experience

Cons

Luminate Connector is NOT a time saving tool, and profiles still not working months after implementation

Response from Omatic Software

We are sorry to hear that you've had some issues with the Luminate Online connector. The entire Omatic team is committed to working through these problems with you. Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] if you would like to discuss your concerns in depth. I'm happy to help!
Marcia

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Crystal C.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Fantastic tool & it makes my job much easier. I can work smarter not harder. The staff are amazing.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

ImportOmatic allows me to work smarter not harder. I can import files in minutes and know that the information is coming in just the way I want it and not creating duplicate records. I don't have to spend time cleaning each import file because I created a profile once and know that it will take care of the mess for me.

Pros

Setting up the profiles is fun and the tools (dictionaries, virtual fields, automation) are so helpful. I can add or update constituents within minutes with ImportOmatic instead of spending days doing it manually or worrying about issues with the standard import tool in RE. I can setup and change the matching criteria for profiles depending on my trust issues or trust in the file that I am importing. Being able to assign functions and proper casing within the profile means that I don't have to spend time formatting my spreadsheet every time. The training from the Omatic staff is great. Their training method of showing you how to create a profile, creating one with you, and then a following up call for any questions about additional profiles you created is perfect.

Cons

It is hard to think of cons because just in the past year Omatic has expanded the features that I had complaints about before. I miss being able to process a whole import no matter what the size under the validation mode. It just added another safety net to the process.

George H.
Industry: Education Management

The right Raiser's Edge tool for the job

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

I'm using ImportOmatic to append or update data to the Raiser's Edge for data integrity and accuracy. The data is then used for fund raising and prospect research.

Pros

The ImportOmatic tool saves me time by skipping the Blackbaud Raiser's Edge import process. The tools allows me to address Raiser's Edge importing issues. This tools has saved me a tremendous amount of time and allowed me to get me job done. Without this tool, I would not be able to complete several of my projects. This tool is hightly recommended if you are serious about moving data into Raiser's Edge.

Cons

This software has a steep learning curve. I wish there were short 5-10 minute Youtube videos to address advance processes so I can just watch and learn. (ie. remove attribues fields, names matching, scoring, etc.) This saves me a call to Omatic or refer to the 793 page user's guide.

ImportOMatic for Raiser's Edge

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

ImportOMatic and Omatic Softwares are valued software providers that have reduced our processing time. The ease of use has allowed us to widen the scope of data that we include in our Raiser's Edge database.

Pros

Works seemlessly with Raiser's Edge. The duplicate search features and dictionaries drastically reduce the amount of time spent on manipulating data sets that we are importing into our database.

Cons

In interface could be more intuitive to allow for less training of new users.

Tom K.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

ImportOmatic is an essential piece of software for anyone organization that uses Raiser's Edge.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 12/12/2017

By using ImportOmatic we're able to save an incredible amount of time during our regular imports and we've had a few cases where we could ONLY import data into Raiser's Edge with ImportOmatic. It improves our data consistency and accuracy by automatic scrubbing and correcting the imported data in order to fit our needs and wants. It's a *must have* for every Raiser's Edge institution.

Pros

The software makes importing data into Raiser's Edge much easier and provides a ton of different data scrubbing and logic options. The various functions can end up saving an organization hours, if not entire days of work, depending on their import needs and data file. When we've had questions or suggestions they've quickly been addressed and new functions are being added all the time.

Cons

This is a serious data import program, so with that comes a certain amount of complexity. It takes a while to get the gist of how it all works and navigating through the various menu systems and options can be a little daunting at first.

Brandy H.

Amazing product

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

Customer support and the knowledge the engineers have with building custom imports is amazing.

Pros

The ease of use with importing vs the basic RE import.

Cons

I don't have one, it is an amazing product.

Hillary M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Life saving import help

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Pros

I spent years using the canned import feature in Raiser’s Edge. Omatic was a game changer by fully automating this process with no extra manipulation required!

Cons

Not really anything I can point out here. Everything has a learning curve but this isn’t bad at all.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Hillary, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Jennifer L.

I love Omatic! The software and the company are tremendous!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Improved accuracy, merged dupe accounts with ease, bring NCOA changes into my database in minutes, track relationships between donors my mailing use to generate 100s of returned mail - now I get one piece returned in a 10,000 piece mailing - because of Omatic!

Pros

The software is so powerful! It can handle almost any field in my database - it handles more fields than the database can! Omatic software improves the functionality of my database.

Jack Y.
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

It's very useful software, however local support in Australia can be lacking

Reviewed on 2/3/2018

We are able to setup imports to RE without having to do too much work on the incoming files

Pros

It adds a lot of great functionality that isn't in RE but should be. It's also probably quite a bit easier to use than the Blackbaud Import, however we're well trained in that so we still use it at times

Cons

Mainly the lack of Australian support, and that I always feel like we aren't taking full advantage of it

Jaclyn L.
Industry: Performing Arts

Easy and cuts down on staff time

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Pros

How much it speeds up importing and cuts down on duplicates. You have control without it taking hours and hours so sift through and match everything.

Cons

That fact that a lot of things you might need involve formulas you wouldn't know. For example, we needed to import credit card numbers into a batch. The numbers in the excel had a "cc-" in front of it. In order to import the numbers without having to manually remove the "cc-" our support person knew a code to do that, something we couldn't have known ourselves without much much more training.

Joel A.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ImportOmatic has saved us time on large new constituent and gift entry tasks.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 26/2/2018

Our team has been able to use this software to reduce the amount of person hours needed for several recurring large tasks monthly and through out the year.

Pros

Using ImportOmatic has allowed us to reduce the number of staffers needed and time taken on our large new constituent loads. It has also allowed us to integrate some third party info into our gift batch processes.

Cons

Some of the phone and address options are not compatible with our current data handling methods, but that is not necessarily a critique of those options. We've also experienced the need to change the same linking across multiple individual, but related, profiles when there were changes in methods within the source of the data.

Lindsay B.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Import Omatic

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Pretty good. Help has been quite responsive and I am glad that for the most part they take the reigns.

Pros

Importing and exporting complete data sets - of constituents, gifts, and survey responses - to/from Raisers Edge and Luminate.

Cons

Adding and changing import/export criteria/fields can be cumbersome.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Lindsay, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Michele T.

Improved Gift Entry

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

The process working with our rep and getting us up and running was pretty smooth. The training was probably the most frustrating trying to find 3 hour blocks of time to get the training and profiles set up. We are actually scheduled for more profile builds for the events and have purchased ScoreOmatic as well and will be getting that set up after the first of the year.

Pros

This software has made the entering of gifts and constituents much easier and faster. It was a learning curve, more so because our online donation forms are intricate. I have saved valuable time and paper using this software. I wish we had done this sooner.

Cons

I think what I need is there. It is just learning to use them and the profiles effectively. I don't have anything negative to say. I think most of my issues are actually with our forms and trying to figure out how to incorporate them into the profiles correctly.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Michele, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Christian M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Omatic makes things much easier!

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

My overall experience with Omatic is great. It's a timesaver and a tool that contributes to my efficiency.

Pros

Omatic has helped me import data into our database in the most effective and efficient way. With the setup of their Profiles/Templates for recurring imports, I can't express how much time it has saved me! My productivity has increased substantially with ImportOmatic and I'm able to focus more on fundraising.

Cons

This is a powerful tool and with that comes a lot of options that at times can be overwhelming. Luckily, their support team is great and able to assist in a timely manner.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Christian, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Carlene J.

I want more than a one night stand with IOM. I want a long term relationship.

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

I've saved time, money, and headaches from this! Using IOM has allowed me to solve problems which were previously unsolvable!

Pros

ImportOmatic is totally dreamy. It has revolutionized my job and allows me to import data in ways that I could not even have imagined in the past. It is incredibly flexible and saves me time, headaches, and money, while increasing data integrity through decreasing human error. I've never wanted to make out with a piece of software until I met ImportOmatic. After the demo and trying it out I realized that I didn't just want a one night stand with IOM - I wanted a long term relationship. And here we are.... more than 7 years as a client and two different institutions. IOM and I are still going strong. I have no plans to end my relationship. :)

Cons

Because the tool is so powerful and flexible there are a LOT of options to set. It is important to go through each of the settings when setting up an initial template to ensure that it is doing everything one wanted from it. But, when it gets tricky, support is there to help as are other users via the forums.

Kelly W.

Omatic makes Raisers Edge so much more useful

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

I can't recommend them enough. It adds so much functionality to Raisers Edge. It will let you integrate basically any third party software with Raisers Edge almost seamlessly – from email marketing to volunteer management to online donations.

Pros

There are a few different import tools for Raisers Edge, but ImportOmatic is the best one by leaps and bounds. The standard Raisers Edge imports work for very basic things, like adding actions, but Omatic is a necessity for anything more complicated. You can add or update name/address/email/phone AND add gifts at the same time. It matches constituents automatically (which actually works well). The best part is that gifts go into a batch, which you can review for accuracy before committing.

Cons

The only downside to Omatic is that because it does so many things, it is a little complicated. You need someone on staff who is tech savvy enough to setup the imports and troubleshoot if something changes. If you add new fields to a donate page, you have to update the import profile in Omatic, and that takes attention to detail. Omatic has really good training and help articles though. It's all in plain English and doesn't need any special coding.

Glynis B.
Industry: Museums & Institutions

Changers to features reduced useability

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

We use Omatic to automatically pull queried information from Blackbaud Altru to Luminate Online for scheduled emails.

Pros

Omatic has fantastic customer support, and their representatives have worked hard to make the software work for us.

Cons

There are features that were once available and have been removed as the focus of Omatic has shifted, and the loss of these features have left us with little reason to keep using Omatic.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Glynis, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience, both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, we'll pass your comments along to see if we can continue to provide additional support. Thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Anne F.
Industry: Telecommunications

Good product

Pleasant

Pros

I like that it really saves me time. I spend less time each day matching records up than I would without omatic.

Cons

I wish that it could match up non-exact addresses, but I know there are limitations with that.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Anne, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Nancy C.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

We've used Importomatic for 5 years...configuration was difficulty, but now easy to use

Reviewed on 1/3/2018

Streamline out daily import/updates

Pros

Reliable, bug-free product. Adding/configuring multiple data points/record types makes this a much better solution than the standard Import function of RE.

Cons

Error messages are non-user-friendly, not easily diagnosed. There is a current bug in 3.5.1.2 that no longer renames the import file after the import is complete. We've had to change our processes until this bug is fixed.

Beth K.

Cutting out the Middle Man

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Everytime I have reached out for help I've been pointed to addtional resources, which is helpful.

Pros

I like that this was already a partner with Raiser's Edge and the designers had a good understanding of data mangement and the Raiser's Edge. With training I've been able to utilize omatic to import info into RE and create new imports.

Cons

There are so many nuances and details. It would be nice to be able set defaults, like anytime a zipcode is imported it is the end result is the same no matter the import.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Beth, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

John T.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Excellent tool to import at speed

Reviewed on 8/4/2019

Partially matching data can be processed at speed with much more acuracy now. So our company is able to create less duplicates going forwards.

Pros

Most like the wide range of fields that can be mapped in virtual fields to get the data to appear with all the trimmings we like in our database.

I like the dictionary function that can be based on text or more advance regular expression converting.

Cons

Setting up the import profiles can be a lot of trial and error. If I could improve one thing it would be to test run the profile as you craft the dictionary or expressions.

On the address block is used as a % match. Would be nice if the whole address was considered in the matching.

Katherine M.

We have been using IOM for 6 years now and have loved how easy it makes transferring data by import.

Reviewed on 22/2/2018

The ease of use, fantastic support, and ability to move data in and out of my database with ease.

Pros

I love that if I can get the data in a .csv, I can get it into my database. The opportunities are endless.

Cons

Sometimes trying to figure out error codes and what they mean can be hard, but support is always there to help.

Joan S.

More efficient using ImportOmatic

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

Before ImportOmatic, we would spend two days importing a new grad class. ImportOmatic reduced our processing time to a few hours.

Pros

We have used ImportOmatic for several years and have been very pleased with the product. Our import processes are much more efficient now as a result. I really like the interactive side-by-side comparison which allows me to select which data to import record by record.

Cons

I would like the ability to check for phone and email duplicates based on the actual phone number or email address, not just type.

Helen K.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Ever since we got IOM, we've been really enjoying what it can do for us.

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

I save time and apply consistencies importing data from multiple sources.

Pros

I like the fact that it uses Raiser's Edge term, therefore it's very user friendly. And it's easy to share and train others.