ImportOmatic

3.9/5
4.4/5

Bridget
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

IOM changed my work life

Reviewed on 3/6/2021

I just love IOM. I am able to get large numbers of gifts into our system quickly during our busiest time of the year. And we update RE with MailChimp campaign activity, subscribers, unsubscribers, and adding new emails into MailChimp. AND Omatic Support is great - timely, responsive, and so friendly!

Pros

The best thing is the auto-matching to existing records, with the ability to set what it matches on and when to ask you about it before importing. Before IOM we used the Net Community part (RELO) and it took FOREVER to one-by-one match records. We have an event that brings in 100s of donations weekly and I could never keep up with processing them. But now with IOM, I am on top of them every single day. And therefore, we are thanking our donors EVERY day! I also LOVE the ability to have things checked on the records depending on how the data comes in, i.e., if a new donor gift with no address, the "has no valid address" box is checked on the record after IOM imports it. So efficient!

Cons

The one thing that bugs me is that when searching duplicates on addresses, it will pull old/inactive addresses in RE as a match. So then I spend the time going into the record to see how they are connected, only to discover that they aren't - it's just an expired address. There's no way to search only on active addresses.

Michele
  • Industry: Higher Education

Improved Gift Entry

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

The process working with our rep and getting us up and running was pretty smooth. The training was probably the most frustrating trying to find 3 hour blocks of time to get the training and profiles set up. We are actually scheduled for more profile builds for the events and have purchased ScoreOmatic as well and will be getting that set up after the first of the year.

Pros

This software has made the entering of gifts and constituents much easier and faster. It was a learning curve, more so because our online donation forms are intricate. I have saved valuable time and paper using this software. I wish we had done this sooner.

Cons

I think what I need is there. It is just learning to use them and the profiles effectively. I don't have anything negative to say. I think most of my issues are actually with our forms and trying to figure out how to incorporate them into the profiles correctly.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Michele, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Lauren

ImportO Matic Review

Reviewed on 28/2/2019

Pretty good overall, just has a duplicate problem.

Pretty good overall, just has a duplicate problem.

Pros

Its easy to use - user friendly. Easy to train others.

Cons

Sometimes just shuts down out of nowhere. Does not always catch duplicates. Does not catch proper case files and just creates duplicates for them.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Lauren-
Thanks for taking the time to complete a review for Omatic Software. We value your input!
Our support team would be happy to look at the issues you are having around duplicates. Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] and I can help set up some time with them.
Marcia
Customer Success Team Lead

Clint
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

The missing interface that you didn't know how much you needed

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

A bit of a learning curve, but way easier to learn then trying to do a manual batch import into RE. I honestly believe blackbaud designed certain aspects of their software to be difficult on purpose, so that you'd spend more money on all the add-ons they provide... That's why omatic has a niche, and I think it's an essential add-on for any organization that uses RaisersEdge. The bonus is it's extensibility to serve as the import interface between pretty much anything and RE.

Pros

The matching algorithm - the software allows you to tweak the settings to precisely determine what is a matching record and for possible matches at what score or threshold level to prompt for user interaction to step in and make that determination if it's not so obvious.

Cons

interpreting errors when you generate exception logs- the log captures what looks like java runtime exceptions and most end users are not programmers, so if you can't decipher what the error actually is, you're only option is to search the KB articles or put in a support ticket. I think there needs to be an interpreter software piece that can read in those exception logs and provide something a bit more human readable- I think we spend more time trying to decipher the error logs then actually running the automated process- so is it truly saving the end user time? depends on how many errors there are...

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Clint, thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad that you're pleased with your experience. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. If you have further issues, our Customer Success team would be more than happy to help! Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Judy
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Used for 2+ years

ImportOmatic Review

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

We have an annual fundraising event where we sell cards to individuals where those cards can be used to receive a 20% discount on items purchased at over 750 retailers during a specific 10 day period. The volume of cards sold is huge, and every card sold has the purchaser info contained on the sales form (contact info). The data on each sales form must be entered into Raiser's Edge. Using ImportOmatic to export sales data entry info through our website into a csv file which is then imported using the scheduler tool has been a tremendous time saver and allows the info to flow into Raiser's Edge on a much quicker basis. This gives us access to potential new donors on a much more timely basis for use with our other appeals.

Pros

With the use of the scheduler tool in conjunction with the ImportOmatic software tool, large volumes of data can be imported into Raiser's Edge without the need for touching each record...only those records that don't conform to the screening criteria need human touch. This greatly reduces the amount of time needed for volume imports.

Cons

Sometimes the complexity involved when setting up a good configuration for a template can be a real challenge. It is a delicate balancing act to get a template set up that is tight enough not to reject a high volume of records versus not enough tightness that results in too many records being imported that really did need some human touch.

Julie

Data Import

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Pros

Once the dictionaries and import files are programmed, the data easily transfers to Raiser's Edge daily. The online programming assistance helps with setting up the forms since we are not programmers.

Cons

Setting up the import forms can take time and every field needs to be mapped correctly. Once the form is set up, then the ease of use is amazing.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Julie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Evan

Great Integration for Classy-Salesforce

Reviewed on 22/1/2021

I highly recommend this product! Our non-profit has only positive things to say regarding Omatic Cloud Software. Considering that we are to small to have a formal IT department and do not have a Developer on staff- this eases burden, permitting us to focus our efforts on mission. In 2020, that meant feeding over 6.5 million meals to families whose livelihoods were drastically impacted by Covid-19.

Pros

The support team aiding in set-up made the process seamless. This system has not only reduced duplicate data within our CRM by 95%, but has increased confidence amidst our organization’s leadership with CRM reporting.

Cons

I found it somewhat challenging to asses platform error messages. Having an online reference for error messages with troubleshooting measures would be a great resource for consumers. I believe it would not only build confidence through understanding data flow, but also cut back on need of tech support with issues that may be resolved by the user.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Evan, thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad that you're pleased with your experience both with our products and support staff. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

George
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The right Raiser's Edge tool for the job

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

I'm using ImportOmatic to append or update data to the Raiser's Edge for data integrity and accuracy. The data is then used for fund raising and prospect research.

Pros

The ImportOmatic tool saves me time by skipping the Blackbaud Raiser's Edge import process. The tools allows me to address Raiser's Edge importing issues. This tools has saved me a tremendous amount of time and allowed me to get me job done. Without this tool, I would not be able to complete several of my projects. This tool is hightly recommended if you are serious about moving data into Raiser's Edge.

Cons

This software has a steep learning curve. I wish there were short 5-10 minute Youtube videos to address advance processes so I can just watch and learn. (ie. remove attribues fields, names matching, scoring, etc.) This saves me a call to Omatic or refer to the 793 page user's guide.

DeAnn

Makes Data Work Much Easier

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

It saves a lot of manual data work and I can't imagine any other way to get the job done now.

Pros

This wizard makes life so much easier to import data from the lockbox that processes gifts. I have the template all set up so it's just the touch of a button to get accurate information loaded into Raiser's Edge and then send donor thank yous. This cuts down on duplicate records.

Cons

Setting it up took some work, but now I understand how it works.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi DeAnn, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Susan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Allows me to import easier than just thru RE7-also has some drawbacks, updating, exceptions...

Reviewed on 1/3/2018

Easier Importing!

Easier Importing!

Pros

I love that I don't have to create ImpID's for every field. I love that it imports so quickly. I love the ease of it.

Cons

Unable to update. Exceptions report has changed since we started using Connector and now I don't receive why something has exception'd out (list the id that it doesn't see, or if it exception'd out because someone has the record open). During a simply import like adding only an appeal code to an existing record it exceptions out and then wants to add as a full constituent.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Susan-
Thank you for taking the time to respond! I am sorry you haven't been able to update. I see that you had an open ticket with our Customer Support team regarding this issue but it has been closed. I will have someone else on the team reach out to help resolve this issue.
Marcia Hightower
Customer Success Manager

Simon

Essential for integrating RENXT to iSAMS

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Love utilising it.Often finding it easier to implement something rather than using NXT's Import functionality

Pros

The software give you the control to add and update data pretty much how we want it in RENXT

Cons

Deleting fields can be a pain but we can live with it.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Simon, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Sarah

A great help!

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

Pros

I love that I can import my daily donations with ease. Saves me a lot of time during the day.

Cons

Sometimes updates will mess up my imports and I have to go through and figure out where the disconnect is happening.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Sarah, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Lizette
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Time and stress saver

Reviewed on 28/2/2019

ImportOmatic has saved us a lot of time and stress in trying to map fields to Raiser's Edge and completing the imports. It is effective at locating duplicates and it's nice to have the options for creating queries of the records changed.

Pros

ImportOmatic has allowed us to do custom imports into Raiser's Edge with very little time, and sometimes even with little setup of the import profile. We have been able to import data into specific fields that Raiser's Edge's import feature does not allow us to do. And if there are exceptions, the ability to cancel the whole import until you can revise the profile is a lifesaver since it prevents you from making any changes in the database that you would have to undo.

Cons

There are still some fields that are not mapped to import, but I have come across them too infrequently to be able to name them.

Breanna
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Very Useful Tool

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Pros

Omatic accomplishes a critical task -- ensuring our various databases talk to each other -- in a very straightforward way. I'm glad I can rely on Omatic to create these connections across our systems.

Cons

The interface can be confusing or intimidating for new users.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Breanna, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Dawn
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Good tool that we use daily

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

Overall we have had a very good experience using the import O-Matic products. We also use another product called Mayo automatic and are very happy with that as well.

Pros

Import O-Matic makes importing all kinds of data into the Raiser’s Edge so much easier than the native import functionality.

Cons

I don’t love the user interface. Wish it could be just a little friendlier. Although importing data is a complex and detailed process.

Uttam

OMagic

Reviewed on 17/2/2019

We are very happy with IOM and have been using for the past five years plus. It makes importing easy for all level RE users.

Pros

Ease of mapping fields and detailed process doc makes importing records easy. The added feature of creating a gift batch or adding records to an existing gift batch is also very handy.

Cons

We do not have any negative experience to share

Vicki
  • Industry: Performing Arts

THANK YOU! It's a dream product!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

It saves us hundreds of hours a year. Plus, the deduping while importing is awesome!

Pros

1. De-duping while importing. 2. Easy mapping. I like the fact that you don't have to type more just to get to the minimum number of characters. I am a database administrator and we value the number of keystrokes. Less is more!

Waileia
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great Fit

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

We have had a great experience using Omatic. We are integrating data from an older system, with some difficult business processes. Omatic has been able to mitigate some of those processes for us, during the import process. Thereby eliminating the need for extensive weekly data clean-up.

Pros

For our complex organization, Omatic is a great fit. With the customization one can make, the software can manage almost any situation.

Cons

At this time, nothing. The software is doing what it is meant to do.

Rolly

Good, does what is says it will do.

Reviewed on 26/2/2018

Pros

basic and simple, straight forward. Integration with Google is as we hoped. We hope to continue using this product as it evolves

Cons

renewing the license causes some hickups. As features are added, we needed to change our licenses which caused some issues.

Linda
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used for 1-5 months

New and still in the dark

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Hoping this will be more efficient and save process time. Too early to tell. Wish I could call the support number and have an expert walk thru the processing steps for this software. I understand you can purchase packages, and we have in fact, purchased additional time. Perhaps having a trainer who is focused on the elementary processes would be helpful.

Pros

This system seems like it will have the functionality for our organization once we can absorb and understand the basic mechanics (or steps) of running.

Cons

Integration is still pretty much up in the air. Our support person was very knowledgeable but went very fast and didn't spend enough focus going over the basics. We're still unclear about some of the data pull groups and how to process.
One of the down sides is having to 'babysit' data pulls. So far we've found the system difficult to learn. The online guide is somewhat vague and not easy to follow when you are brand new to the software.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Linda, thanks for leaving us a review! We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and these reviews mean a lot to our team. We will have a member of our Customer Success team reach out so we can better assist with training so you can be an Omatic expert! Thanks for your kind words and we'll be in touch!

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Higher Education

ImportOmatic - Great Importing Tool

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

Overall, ImportOmatic is a very good import tool, because when it works it works. It just neatly puts the data in the fields I mapped. I have so much to learn, but I do like working with it.

Pros

I love that it's a pretty decent tool to easily map your fields to import. I love that it basis your import fields off of your spreadsheet and the fields set up in them. Also, I like that ImportOmatic gives you dictionaries and function settings to set up most common words that are misspelled, or abbreviations you can set up, so that when the system goes through the data, it imports the field into the database in the correct way. Wonderful.

Cons

As I understand that ImportOmatic wants it so you don't have to do a lot of preparation to the spreadsheet. That the idea is to make sure the system does the work. It's not always clear how to do this. Updating existing education records, adding appeals to a full list....

YUGANSH

Manage and analyse data better and integrate fundraising

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Pros

Data imports are quick and reliable and integrating fundraising is great and correct information is imported from the financial system.

A powerful software to handle fund accounting, donor or member management, recurring donations and fundraising tools etc.

Cons

we cannot pause a process in ImportOmatic and data must be exact for format

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Yugansh, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Wendy
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Used for 1+ year

Decent Product for Functionality provided

Very Satisfied

Very Satisfied

Pros

Easy to update, errors/problems are easy to comprehend, consulting/training is indepth and knowledge/ideas for idiosyncrasies is good!

Cons

In our scenario, various pieces of software provide source data. The software couldn't accommodate all our needs for duplicates and complex phone number requirements which caused us to hold off on using. Not sure this would be a factor for most organizations.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Wendy-
Thanks for taking the time to review your experience with Omatic. We value your input!
If you would like our support team to take a look at how you have your duplicate settings set up, please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] to get something scheduled.
Marcia
Customer Success Team Lead

Hillary
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Life saving import help

Reviewed on 1/12/2020

Pros

I spent years using the canned import feature in Raiser’s Edge. Omatic was a game changer by fully automating this process with no extra manipulation required!

Cons

Not really anything I can point out here. Everything has a learning curve but this isn’t bad at all.

Response from Omatic Software

Hi Hillary, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you're pleased with your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to hearing from you again.

MichaelAnn

ImportOmatic has been a great investment for our organization

Reviewed on 22/2/2018

Pros

You can import data from basically any source and you get to customize the import profile to fit your needs.

Cons

The only thing that is inconvenient is updating profiles and/or dictionaries after a version update.