Moovly

Online video creation tool for everyone

3.8/5

Michael T.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

A decent video tool

Reviewed on 19/7/2021

Pros

I like that it has both doodle/whiteboard options and video editing capabilities. It is a bit of a drag and drop tool - but this is a little quirky and I am still getting the hang of the software.

Cons

The processing is very slow. Uploading a powerpoint presentation with minimal graphics took about 10 minutes. It isn't the most user-friendly tool either.

InVideo and Vadoo

Reasons for Switching to Moovly

It was a LTD and I wanted to try it out - and it is possible to make explainer videos using a doodle tool.
Darryl W.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Very glitchy and poor functionality

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

Although I have been able to complete projects, they take too long working through what appears to be design issues. By and large for $100 and being able to complete projects with "trial and error", I'll hash through it and keep working.

Pros

It's a decent price and relatively easy to use. I am able to load items from other sources with relative ease.

Cons

Very glitchy; images not loading in library, design layout blocks some the editing screen, non expanded search page returns poor results, if any, and a host of other issues that can only be resolved by saving, closing and reentering the editor. Customer service takes too long.

Response from Moovly

Hi Darryl,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

Please be informed the entire Moovly team takes your feedback very seriously and is actively working on (bug) fixes.

You have been in touch before with the Support team via email. The Engineering team admits we have faced some transcoding issues in the past weeks, causing the slow loading at times. These issues are now resolved and the service improved.

With regards to (UI/UX) design, with an online platform, this in an ongoing project and we are open to all (constructive) suggestions. These will not only help you as a user, but all other (future) users as well. Please let us know how we can further improve your experience.

Thank you once again and looking forward to assisting you in the future.

Best wishes,

Chana @ Moovly
Customer Success Manager

Cym E.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used for Free Trial

Fast for Current Educational Environment

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

Pros

I learned Moovly in a sitting. I was able to move curriculum that relied on a teacher to explain the content in a live setting to movies and presentations students can view when it is their turn for the computer. I appreciate the support, both live and the online help features, in this time of need when we don't have time to figure things out the long way.

Cons

When I started a chat, it indicated it may take a day before I heard back from Moovly. Luckily, they underpromised the help and overdelivered with timely expertise. I was soon chatting with Steven.

Paul D.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Mediorce software, shocking customer service

Reviewed on 18/6/2019

Awful. This software was so bad I forgot I had this trash until they got me on an auto-renewal. Of course, this company being what they are... far from understanding but hey that's life right! Myself, I would have refunded because if someone didn't want my services (contacted them straight away, no immediate response obviously) I wouldn't have caught them out on a technicality as my conscious would feel like I have stolen money in a way. But hey I get it... it's all about your "terms" instead of good business relationships these days. Buyer beware, you can do a lot better than this in all aspects!

Pros

Nothing really. At first, I thought it might be useful but it's just rubbish. Do yourself a favour and learn a few skills instead of using weak software like this.

Cons

Dashboard, stupid effects. Very slow at times. Video creation for kids basically.

Bozhidar T.

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

We are trying to expose our business using social media and moovly helps us create videos faster

Pros

that's easy to use and that there is free vectors to use.

Cons

i think the video editor interface can be made easier to use.

Elliot B.

Well It has lots of benefits.

Reviewed on 4/2/2017

Moovly's rather difficult to use in first place, getting familiar, specifically with syncing everything although once you get the hang of it, it isn't anything complicated.

Mya K.
  • Industry: Events Services

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

My overall experience with Moovly is good. I would definitely recommend this program for new film editors.

Pros

Unlike iMovie, which has present transitions and titles that are difficult to edit the way you would like them, Moovly allows you to edit such things seamlessly to make your video exactly how you want. For a new film maker that doesn't find IMovie to have all of the features you are looking for this is a great option. Additionally, this software is much easier to use then Adobe Premier Pro. Getting assistance from the support team is also very easy and they always get back to you within 24-48 hours (most of the time sooner).

Cons

Unfortunately, this program runs on wifi and is not a downloadable software. This can be an issue when your wifi is not good. Also, I have found that it runs much slower on a Mac (and often times crashes) then on a PC (its runs really well on a PC) which can be very frustrating at times because I use my Mac for everything and would like to use it on my Mac instead of having to switch to a PC.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great video making platform

Reviewed on 12/1/2018

This was the first program I found that allowed me to use video backgrounds in our marketing videos.

Pros

It is an easy platform to create custom marketing videos for your business, and one of the features that always stood out to me was the ability to have video backgrounds.

Cons

I fee like it is easy to get lost in the multiple layers on the time line. There may be a better way for this to be consolidated, but it is something that can be figured out by diving in and playing with it. Also, there was a time when I needed some assistance with customer service and no one responded to my inquiries.

Julie H.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Moovly "Moovs" My Students

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

I am teaching students how to use presentation software. Signing up for Moovly was simple for my students offering SSO login.

Pros

Moovly is fun and fairly simple. The graphics are clear and concise. It is fun to play around with. There are some green screen images which are easy to teach about layering, green screen, and transparency. The support was excellent.

Cons

For the free edu version, the images are quite limited.

Response from Moovly

Thank you for the nice review, Julie!

Kind regards,

Chana @ Moovly
Customer Success Manager

Michael S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used for Free Trial

Not Impressed, Returned My License

Reviewed on 29/6/2021

I wasn't too impressed with their editing interface (more complicated and less intuitive than say, VidToon) and their media library wasn't as impressive as VidToon. Because of all of this, I got a refund for the service.

Pros

What I thought I would like the most was creating quick video content for our business, but it ended up not being as simple as I thought, and the features were lacking compared to VidToon and other software we've used. I guess what I could say that I would have liked the most is some of the stock video you have access to. It looks like they partnered with Storyblocks to accomplish this.

Cons

There weren't as many options to use in their media library to build and create video content such as animated characters and objects.

Response from Moovly

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to read you had an unpleasant experience, but we really appreciate your comments. We won't take these lightly.

Please be informed, the entire Moovly team takes your feedback very seriously. We are constantly striving to provide the ideal experience for our users, and your input helps us define that experience.

The Getting Started with Moovly Studio video helps new users get familiar with the Editor. We also provide assistance via the Moovly Community with any questions you may have, and the Help Center is updated regularly with How-to articles. It is also possible to use already-made templates which allows you to quickly edit and render your video.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you soon!

Kind regards,

Anaise @ Moovly
Social Media & Community Manager

Jocelyn E.

My Moovly would not open after I tried reviewing my work, I contacted customer service and...

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

I was not able to get any benefits except a wasted work day, my project would not open again.

Pros

I did like the short videos, however I was not able to use the video at all because I wasn't able to get back into my project.

Cons

The backbone of the software needs to be worked on, there are several glitches whenever editing the video, and for me, I wasn't able to get back into the video I previously made after coming back to it. Customer service got back to me once a day, and asked me the simplest questions for about 3 days. By then I have already lost 3 days and my project is about to be presented, so I have an alternative that won't fail. Very frustrated that I spent a work day on a video that I can't even get back into, even with customer support.

Response from Moovly

The issues reported by this user were, based on our first observations, related to personal computer and internet connection problems. While we did not get an answer from the user on the technical questions we asked, we regret the problems the user experienced and are still open to help resolve the issues. There are every day thousands of users using Moovly for their video projects - and happy about it!

Our online support service provides average response times - even to users of the Free license - within 24 hours on business days. For students and teachers, Moovly provides free Education licenses. More information is available on www.moovly.com

Dennis T.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Loving this product!

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Excellent so far

Pros

Within 4 hours of purchasing, I had my first 2 minute marketing video completed. I am a Business Coach with 20 clients. Their are so many different applications for small businesses that I’m excited to share another value added service with my clients.
When I made a billing mistake, they fixed the error promptly. Great service!
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Moovly.

Cons

There is too big of a gap between the Pro and Max subscriptions in both features and price. Just my opinion.

Michael R.

Stay Away from Moovly

Reviewed on 14/1/2019

I am not happy and feel like I've been taken. Customer service has been horrendous and dissappointing. I do not need the stress that this program created for me.

Pros

I initially like the ability to use tools to create the video commercial I wanted but then found the tools to constantly crash. On Mozilla and Chrome.

Cons

All saved projects vanished and customer service did not help. They just canceled my account without trying to find a resolution. They would not refund my fee when, from day 1, I had trouble with extremely slow load times (using infra-red internet). I'm still waiting for support after a week to figure out what happenned to my files.

Aria S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

thanks!

Reviewed on 15/2/2018

Pros

I used the free trail to make quick white board explanation videos, I was able to make a quick video including the features like hand animation, fading in and out as well. This software also have a library feature, thank you!

Cons

I hope they make it more user friendly, and colorful as well, they can make adding of animations option a lot less complicated then it is.

Mercè C.

Great program for non professional people

Reviewed on 14/1/2018

We use Moovly to make our infographics for the social networks or similar.

Pros

More than anything, I like the results that I get. This program allows me to quickly create videos with direct messages without being very professional or complicated because it is so simple. You don't need any expertise or experience with video editing programs. The tutorials are so useful so anyone should have any problem.

Cons

I think there are few computer graphics, nevertheless, they are very good and useful. Also, few pictures so you have to look for them on the Internet or pay for them.

Ozano R.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

User friendly animation tool

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

At the moment Moovly is helping me create educational materials for onboarding and training Customer-facing teams in my company.

Pros

When working in Moovly, I like how intuitive everything easy. I'm not a professional user and yet editing things comes naturally in this tool.

Cons

At the moment, I'm missing more templates at my disposal, just to simplify the creation process more, or to cut down the time necessary to produce content

Response from Moovly

Thank you Ozano. If you have suggestions about template structures/styles/content, feel free to send them to us any time!

Jose M.

Satisfied

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

The experience has been satisfactory.

Pros

The use of the stock of videos, images and audios gives a lot of opportunity to create really attractive materials

Cons

The handling of some functions require patience because the use of moovly is online. For example, to delete loaded images, you have to do it one by one and it takes some time to debug images that you won't need to use anymore

Ashok A.

Good online video Editor with limitations

Reviewed on 3/12/2021

For an basic video editing it is good and you should not look for the tmeplates.

Pros

Moovly is an good online video editor but still need an lot of improvements. We can upload and edit the videos at an basic level using the online editor. Using the drag and drop feature is good and we can make the basic level animations with moovly. They have integration with storyblocks which is at free of cost.

Cons

Integration with stock image and video service provides need to be improved currently they have it only with storyblocks and getty images. Templates are very very less. Lots of templates need to be added

Great video marketing creator

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Pros

With Moovly it´s very easy to create professional videos to present your promotions or business. I really like the templates and the drag and drop option.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Hemant V.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for 1-5 months

Very easy to use for professionals

Reviewed on 23/2/2019

It's great if you have getting paid for the content, for hobbyists its a bit pricey

Pros

Super easy, drag/drop. clean interface. Inbuilt stock library

Cons

Pricey, cheaper/free software elsewhere.

• Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

Awful

Reviewed on 23/1/2019

Highly overpriced, I have used free software that is easier to use and provides more features than this. Would not recommend at all.

Pros

Pretty much the only thing you can say is that it holds some very basic video functions.

Cons

It's awkward and clumsy to use and they promise far more features than they actually deliver.

Kriti B.

Great for University!

Reviewed on 16/3/2021

Pros

Easy to use! I was able to create a professional-looking video without any experience.

Cons

Only Limited features with the free version

Does all the video editing via web app on cloud

Reviewed on 24/7/2021

Pros

I was looking for a efficient video editing tools which works on cloud and doesn’t take up my computer processing power to edit and create the videos and I am so glad to find Moovly it perfectly fits my requirements and offers a lot of features.

Among the variety of editing features, it offers my favourites are text to speech and subtitle generation.

The best thing is there is no limit to video length which is really important to me, as I mostly use it for videos of around a hour or more in length.

Cons

The pre made video templates are limited but not a deal breaker for me as it offers access to premium stock video, images and audios within the editor

Can only connect to one youtube channel for direct publishing from Moovly, hope they add ability to connect more youtube channels

Ghofrane B.

Great Video Maker and Very Easy to Use

Reviewed on 25/8/2021

Pros

easy to use and essential for my video editing MOOVLY offers a large library of stored content, which makes it possible to easily and very quickly produce ad hoc content without needing to be an expert, two strengths that I find in this The first application works in the cloud, so it does not consume the processing power of the computer in the editing functions and the second is the unlimited duration of videos you do not worry about the duration with moovly there are no limits .

Cons

In fact sometimes I can not record my video from the first time until I repeat the click on the record display button several times but it's not a big problem in my opinion

Nagore O.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 2+ years

Best app to move from illustrating to animating

Reviewed on 19/3/2021

I´m a designer, and Moovly allowed me to do my very first animation videos . I charge 1000 euros per 1 minute video.

Pros

The best thing about this app is how easy and intuitive is to use it. You can easily learn how to create simple animations. Moreover, once you get used to it and understand the workflow, you can create very creative animation effects with the basic elements.

Cons

It´s quite limiting sometimes. I wish they could have a more pro version so advance animations could be done.