Moovly

Online video creation tool for everyone

4.2 /5 (45 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
3.8
4.1
4.1

Great video making platform

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/1/2018

This was the first program I found that allowed me to use video backgrounds in our marketing videos.

Pros

It is an easy platform to create custom marketing videos for your business, and one of the features that always stood out to me was the ability to have video backgrounds.

Cons

I fee like it is easy to get lost in the multiple layers on the time line. There may be a better way for this to be consolidated, but it is something that can be figured out by diving in and playing with it. Also, there was a time when I needed some assistance with customer service and no one responded to my inquiries.

Mya K.
Industry: Events Services

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

My overall experience with Moovly is good. I would definitely recommend this program for new film editors.

Pros

Unlike iMovie, which has present transitions and titles that are difficult to edit the way you would like them, Moovly allows you to edit such things seamlessly to make your video exactly how you want. For a new film maker that doesn't find IMovie to have all of the features you are looking for this is a great option. Additionally, this software is much easier to use then Adobe Premier Pro. Getting assistance from the support team is also very easy and they always get back to you within 24-48 hours (most of the time sooner).

Cons

Unfortunately, this program runs on wifi and is not a downloadable software. This can be an issue when your wifi is not good. Also, I have found that it runs much slower on a Mac (and often times crashes) then on a PC (its runs really well on a PC) which can be very frustrating at times because I use my Mac for everything and would like to use it on my Mac instead of having to switch to a PC.

Ozano R.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

User friendly animation tool

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

At the moment Moovly is helping me create educational materials for onboarding and training Customer-facing teams in my company.

Pros

When working in Moovly, I like how intuitive everything easy. I'm not a professional user and yet editing things comes naturally in this tool.

Cons

At the moment, I'm missing more templates at my disposal, just to simplify the creation process more, or to cut down the time necessary to produce content

Response from Moovly

Thank you Ozano. If you have suggestions about template structures/styles/content, feel free to send them to us any time!

Julie H.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Moovly "Moovs" My Students

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

I am teaching students how to use presentation software. Signing up for Moovly was simple for my students offering SSO login.

Pros

Moovly is fun and fairly simple. The graphics are clear and concise. It is fun to play around with. There are some green screen images which are easy to teach about layering, green screen, and transparency. The support was excellent.

Cons

For the free edu version, the images are quite limited.

Response from Moovly

Thank you for the nice review, Julie!

Kind regards,

Chana @ Moovly
Customer Success Manager

Jocelyn E.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

My Moovly would not open after I tried reviewing my work, I contacted customer service and nothing.

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

I was not able to get any benefits except a wasted work day, my project would not open again.

Pros

I did like the short videos, however I was not able to use the video at all because I wasn't able to get back into my project.

Cons

The backbone of the software needs to be worked on, there are several glitches whenever editing the video, and for me, I wasn't able to get back into the video I previously made after coming back to it. Customer service got back to me once a day, and asked me the simplest questions for about 3 days. By then I have already lost 3 days and my project is about to be presented, so I have an alternative that won't fail. Very frustrated that I spent a work day on a video that I can't even get back into, even with customer support.

Response from Moovly

The issues reported by this user were, based on our first observations, related to personal computer and internet connection problems. While we did not get an answer from the user on the technical questions we asked, we regret the problems the user experienced and are still open to help resolve the issues. There are every day thousands of users using Moovly for their video projects - and happy about it!

Our online support service provides average response times - even to users of the Free license - within 24 hours on business days. For students and teachers, Moovly provides free Education licenses. More information is available on www.moovly.com

Dennis T.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: Self Employed

Loving this product!

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Excellent so far

Pros

Within 4 hours of purchasing, I had my first 2 minute marketing video completed. I am a Business Coach with 20 clients. Their are so many different applications for small businesses that I’m excited to share another value added service with my clients.
When I made a billing mistake, they fixed the error promptly. Great service!
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Moovly.

Cons

There is too big of a gap between the Pro and Max subscriptions in both features and price. Just my opinion.

Michael R.

Stay Away from Moovly

Reviewed on 14/1/2019

I am not happy and feel like I've been taken. Customer service has been horrendous and dissappointing. I do not need the stress that this program created for me.

Pros

I initially like the ability to use tools to create the video commercial I wanted but then found the tools to constantly crash. On Mozilla and Chrome.

Cons

All saved projects vanished and customer service did not help. They just canceled my account without trying to find a resolution. They would not refund my fee when, from day 1, I had trouble with extremely slow load times (using infra-red internet). I'm still waiting for support after a week to figure out what happenned to my files.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Aria S.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

thanks!

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 15/2/2018

Pros

I used the free trail to make quick white board explanation videos, I was able to make a quick video including the features like hand animation, fading in and out as well. This software also have a library feature, thank you!

Cons

I hope they make it more user friendly, and colorful as well, they can make adding of animations option a lot less complicated then it is.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mercè C.

Great program for non professional people

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 14/1/2018

We use Moovly to make our infographics for the social networks or similar.

Pros

More than anything, I like the results that I get. This program allows me to quickly create videos with direct messages without being very professional or complicated because it is so simple. You don't need any expertise or experience with video editing programs. The tutorials are so useful so anyone should have any problem.

Cons

I think there are few computer graphics, nevertheless, they are very good and useful. Also, few pictures so you have to look for them on the Internet or pay for them.

Jose M.
Industry: Internet

Satisfied

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 13/11/2019

The experience has been satisfactory.

Pros

The use of the stock of videos, images and audios gives a lot of opportunity to create really attractive materials

Cons

The handling of some functions require patience because the use of moovly is online. For example, to delete loaded images, you have to do it one by one and it takes some time to debug images that you won't need to use anymore

Hemant V.
Industry: Entertainment

Very easy to use for professionals

Reviewed on 23/2/2019

It's great if you have getting paid for the content, for hobbyists its a bit pricey

Pros

Super easy, drag/drop. clean interface. Inbuilt stock library

Cons

Pricey, cheaper/free software elsewhere.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Publishing
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Awful

Reviewed on 23/1/2019

Highly overpriced, I have used free software that is easier to use and provides more features than this. Would not recommend at all.

Pros

Pretty much the only thing you can say is that it holds some very basic video functions.

Cons

It's awkward and clumsy to use and they promise far more features than they actually deliver.

Ownway K.

Excellent Mobile Friendly Video

Reviewed on 13/1/2021

This is has been an incredible tool compared to many i tried before settling with MOOVLY

Pros

The Quality of the templates is top notch! The fact that you can immediately start playing around with the tool without sign ups etc

I was looking for a Social Media Friendly Video that is within 30secs but allows you to convey your message

I have little experience with Video editing but the ease with which i was able to start editing the template within a day or 2 was for me very incredible

This allowed me the ability to create a top class video ahead of a client product launch

Cons

Couldn't reach support easily and was forced to contact them via facebook. It would be great to add some text information around the watermark so a user knows immediately that removal of watermarks can only be after upgrade

Debjit B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Advance video editing in browser, from anywhere.

Reviewed on 21/4/2019

A grate semi-pro tool to create the presentation, online intro and some little screen recording and voiceover for the tutorial. It still has some bugs, like crashing, not uploading video/image file, but overall it is a great tool, to begin with.

Pros

I like the UI which reminds me of some of pro video editing software. I really need some time to learn. It is not plugged and play, as being an advanced browser-based editor. But if you have some previous experience with video editing you will be very pleased. No more high graphics rendering for videos just create it from here, your next viral video is waiting to release.
This advance transitions, sound and images really make it versatile, which fits for all type of scenario. Presentation, short intro you can use everything under one app.

Cons

When inserting a template it really takes lots of CPU resource, which crashes my chrome every time I start. I needed to open it in firefox still it is taking a lot of resources.

Industry: Entertainment
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Fills its niche well

Reviewed on 27/7/2019

If I needed to make an infographic video for the office, my options are either toil away in After Effects, or use a Moovly template. Not a hard choice to make. I can still use my broader editing and graphics knowledge to build on Moovly's foundation, but as I said in the title, Moovly knows that its for and it serves that purpose well.

Pros

Fills a much needed role. There are plenty of "idiot proof" video makers out there, but they tend to lean more towards social media. It's nice seeing software geared specifically towards a business setting, right down to editable templates for specific topics.

Cons

No real complaints. Moovly is intended for snappy, simple videos for businesses, which it handles well.

Perry F.
Industry: Financial Services

Moovly Review

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Easy to get started, Easy to create videos, and the price is relatively low and great when compared to other products on the market.

Pros

Moovly allowed me to create simple and fun videos with little to no expertise in animation. The best part is that there are helpful guides in-app to make sure you are using the different features correctly. It also runs very smooth despite processing very large video files.

Cons

The transitions and effects are great, but few. I would like to see more ability to customize the animation of the movement of objects on the tool. After a while, our videos have begun to look the same.

Ravi T.

Amazing product

Reviewed on 29/11/2017

Easy video campaigns for Facebook and Youtube.

Pros

Easy to use and powerful. I have created many videos in a short time. They also allow 1080p video rendering with the subscription.

Cons

Customer Service needs improvement. I asked a question and the answer was not satisfactory so I had to go looking for an answer on Google. Not good if you have a chat available for support.

Jason L.

A very frustrating experience with Moovly. I do not recommend this at all!

Reviewed on 19/7/2018

I learned about buyer beware.

Pros

The idea is of creating an animated online video is good. When the software works, it's easy to use.

Cons

There's far too many problems with the software. For starters, the rendering takes an extremely long time, and sometimes it would never even render for you to download. When i reached out to the customer support, it took over a week to get a response. This is the most frustrating part. Secondly, the software has glitches - if you move items in the "stage" , an error would appear and you have to click refresh every time it happens. In your own personal library, when you want to delete a clipart, it doesn't happen, therefore your library just keeps building and building and you can't clean it up. Their tech support said they're unable to fix this....Thirdly, it does not allow you to efficiently upload your own videos and audio. It either takes an extremely long time, or would never upload. Moovly uses their own server and this is the part that's frustrated and slow. Also, their images for animation is limited. It's more like a "video" creator where you take stock videos and photos to create your video. Animating has its limitations for sure on this.

Moovly is a video creator that's in its beta testing stage. There's far too many glitches and problems that their tech team is unable to correct efficiently.

It's a very pricey software that does not work well. Equally as frustrating is the support team, who do not respond consistently. It took up to 7 days for some replies and sometimes I got no response at all. Very frustrating experience. I DO NOT recommend!

Syed R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Moovly - ‘is an excellent to create professional-looking videos’

Reviewed on 19/9/2020

As I stated, Moovly is very user-friendly tool, so I like to use it very much. My experience with it is amazing.

Pros

I like the fact that Moovly allows you to create videos easily without being an expert. You can create whiteboard videos, animated videos, and footage-based content with drag and drop actions in a minute. The most convenient thing is you don’t need to install the software because Mooovly is cloud-based. Moovly offers varieties options for people with different backgrounds which is very remarkable. I need to make different types of videos for my clients and they were very happy with the stunning video I created. I absolutely like their stock of features and elements. For me drag and drop also a great option to edit videos quickly.

Cons

I think to blend different audios is not easy for everyone. I found it a little tricky and I wish they if they could improve it. Moovly pro is not affordable for everyone. I think the price should be waived up to a certain amount.

Ursula H.

Excellent service

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 31/8/2019

I had a problem with saving but then when I asked the support team, he helped quickly, professionally and advised that Moovly saves every few seconds and that I will not lose my test project that I did. Also, then when we send the review that it was AMAZING service as it was so quick and easy to get an answer.. This is really incredible service and they make a customer feel more like family than a customer.

Pros

Easy to use, you can really make amazing anything with it. Presentations, moving clips, anything. This is a powerful tool with so many options I love it.

Cons

It takes me a few minutes or so to learn the functionality but that is all.

Response from Moovly

Wauw, Ursula! Thank you 'oh so much' for these kind words! Welcome to the Moovly Family!

Karen V.
Industry: E-Learning

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

The overall experience has been great.

Pros

Before buying the license, I used several trials from different companies. However, I decided on Moovly because of how easy it was to use, since I don't know much about making videos.

Cons

I dislike the backgrounds and the limit of downloading only 50 videos per month. I am a teacher and need small videos but in a bigger quantity.

Jessica S.
Industry: Construction

Glad I decided to give Moodle a go

Reviewed on 7/4/2020

I have come into my job with not much video content in the library. I am hoping to start building a great library to continue using throughout the year. I was very happy with my first attempt and will start working on my next one shortly this week.

Pros

I have just signed up with Moovly and was most impressed with the simplicity of using the software. I was able to jump straight in and produce my first video within a day. The library had great audio, video, and stock images to choose from as well.

Cons

When I signed up there was a technical problem with adding audio. Although the issue was resolved in a timely manner, my first video had to be published without audio attached to it. That was my only con so far.

Jaci S.

Moovly Review

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 23/7/2019

Pros

Moovly is easy to use for making instructional or educational videos. Perfect for internal or basic projects. I like the fact you can include your own voice over.

Cons

Sometimes the controls can be a little tedious if you are just starting to use moovly.

Cristina G.
Industry: Education Management

User Friendly

Reviewed on 29/1/2020

I purchased it for personal use. I am able to create engaging assignments for my high school students as well as for my college students.

Pros

It is user friendly. I had no prior experience with this type of software. I decided to give it a try and it has worked pretty well. It has been an easy process. It makes my lessons more entertaining for my students.

Cons

The only negative I found was that I discovered that I had the ability to upload my PowerPoints rather than recreating every presentation. Unfortunately, this part of the software is not yet available. On a positive, though, it is a feature that is being worked on.

Olivier K.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Very good tool, excellent service and support

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 16/12/2020

As said earlier I'm not specialized in doing videos but the support team was always there for me when I needed it.

Pros

Moovly was the perfect tool for us to create videos for our communication. We tried different tools and really like this one. Ease of use, ease to contact the support team. I liked the "click and drop" tool as I'm not specialized in doing such videos, it simplified the understanding of the tool for the creation of my first video. I highly recommend it.

Cons

I have not experiences any real issues with the tool for now.