Moovly

Online video creation tool for everyone

4.2 /5 (48 reviews) Write a Review!

June C.

Very Easy to use

Reviewed on 3/9/2019

Customer service has been very responsive, and the help center has easy to follow steps to resolve my problems. I am enjoying using Moovly.

Pros

I shopped around for several months looking for the right video making/editing software. I asked several colleagues in social media groups for recommendations, and everything I was pointed to was way too complicated and not user-friendly. I am not tech-savvy and honestly felt like walking away from my project and squashing my dream when I came upon Moovly. I had prayed to find the perfect video making tool that day, and played around with about four. Moovly was the easiest to use, most affordable, and met my needs. I am still learning the system, but trust that it can probably do far more than my non-tech savvy mind can comprehend.

Cons

I would like to do screen recordings, but the business plan does not provide a monthly subscription. As I am still in the development phase of my business, I cannot afford the yearly plan.

Response from Moovly

Hi June,

So happy to read this!
Feel free to reach out via the chat in case you need some extra guidance creating your videos.
Lots of success with your own business!

Catlyn P.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

So Useful!

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

I think that this is a great tool for classrooms, virtual or in-person. It was very simple to create educational videos about any topic I could think of. I think that this software was to easiest to use and the most user friendly that I have seen. This has become something that I hope to incorporate more of in the classroom. I love the personalization you can put into the video as well.

Pros

The ease of integrating your own images into the video software was surprisingly easy!
I loved that you can download a template and use, edit, change, and alter what you want without having to start from scratch.
As an educator, it can be difficult to find videos that have just want you are looking for. This allows you to make one that has everything you want it to and nothing you don't!
The access and availability to features in the free version was more than I expected!

Cons

Creating a video longer than 2 minutes, you have to buy a subscription. I wish there was an option to pay by video since I don't feel like the price for subscriptions would be worth it for the few videos I want to make.
The formatting section in the studio can get a little congested and difficult to manage if you have too much in one section.

Response from Moovly

Hi Catlyn, thanks for leaving a detailed review. As a teacher, you can avail of our Edu Free plan where you will have 3 minutes for creating your videos. Simply reach out to our Support team and once we verify your educational email address we can upgrade your account. Cheers, Darragh @ Moovly, Digital Communications Manager

Jared E.

Great video and animation creation software for a beginner

Reviewed on 12/6/2017

The ease and simplicity of this software helps us cut down on the production time.

Pros

This is an inexpensive and easy way for someone to start making great looking video / animated presentations. One of the features I really appreciate is the ability to use real video as a background. Some of the other presentation software I've used does not have that ability. They also lay out the different layers in a timeline similar to what you might find in many other video editing software... so the layout seems familiar if you have some video editing experience. I also appreciate the ability to set the timing for the transitions instead of only getting a defaulted time.

Cons

It is clear that the software is constantly improving. I've seen some glitches with their new site release that may be more browser related. Their transitions are somewhat limited.

Jonas S.

Making great animated videos

Reviewed on 6/9/2019

Signing up was easy and I could get started straight away picking my templates and making the changes I needed. I'm now able to add animated text, charts and tables to my videos which is fantastic

Pros

I'm no videographer so the intuitive interface is really amazing for me. The option to use templates which can be customized to my needs is great.

Cons

I'd like it to be even easier to replace pictures and logos.

Response from Moovly

Hi Jonas,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review.
As for replacing pictures and logos, are you aware of the 'Swap Object' feature? More info can be found here: https://help.moovly.com/en/articles/1190400-how-to-replace-an-object-by-another-one.

Feel free to get in touch with our Support team if you need extra assistance.

• Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Fun User Friendly Software

Reviewed on 14/4/2020

I make daily video for our community - its fun, easy, and engaging.

Pros

The software is user friendly. I was able to produce a video after a few hours of use. The software has "clips" that are fun and easy to implement into your video. I was looking for software due to quarantine - and I wanted to reach our constituents immediately. The videos have been well received - and in less than a week I have received over 100 positive responses from our constituents.

Cons

I wish there were more "clips". I am not good at creativley attaching sounds to graphics - the clips made by moovly are awesome. I would love you to make more.

Charles J.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Easy to Use - Full Service Support

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

We used Moovly to create video templates for a client offering several variations of their services. We changed the audio and updated a few relevant images and walla! We ended up with a powerful marketing tool.

Pros

Moovly is easy to use. The features in this platform make me look like a professional video editor.

Cons

This is the best video editing/creation tool on the web.

Response from Moovly

Walla? :D Super cool, Charles! Thank you so much. Happy to read you could help your client, using Moovly. Feel free to reach out of you need any further assistance in the future or have any feature requests!

Sean W.

Great support and format options

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

The video format options and templates are pretty amazing. The pricing is reasonable as well, and the customer service is easy to work work, answered my questions quickly and thoroughly

Cons

I have no issues or negative feedback on this program, it has worked wonderfully for me, and I would would recommend it to others

Ellen B.
  • Industry: Public Policy

User-friendly

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

With Moovly I'm trying to find an answer on the following questions:
"How can I engage my audience better?"

Pros

The thing I liked most about Moovly is that it is very user-friendly for non-experts.
The "getting started" video was very helpful and I definitely recommend users to read the articles of the Moovly team.

Cons

As a student, I wasn't sure about the pricing. Luckily, Moovly also provides an Education plan.

Danish S.

Animated videos

Reviewed on 8/12/2018

Pros

Available on desktop android and apple. Nice features and good training materials. Any one can use it.

Cons

Very difficult to use. Limited features and not advanced for professionals. Price is high comparing to the features

Darryl W.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Very glitchy and poor functionality

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

Although I have been able to complete projects, they take too long working through what appears to be design issues. By and large for $100 and being able to complete projects with "trial and error", I'll hash through it and keep working.

Pros

It's a decent price and relatively easy to use. I am able to load items from other sources with relative ease.

Cons

Very glitchy; images not loading in library, design layout blocks some the editing screen, non expanded search page returns poor results, if any, and a host of other issues that can only be resolved by saving, closing and reentering the editor. Customer service takes too long.

Response from Moovly

Hi Darryl,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to read you had such a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention.

Please be informed the entire Moovly team takes your feedback very seriously and is actively working on (bug) fixes.

You have been in touch before with the Support team via email. The Engineering team admits we have faced some transcoding issues in the past weeks, causing the slow loading at times. These issues are now resolved and the service improved.

With regards to (UI/UX) design, with an online platform, this in an ongoing project and we are open to all (constructive) suggestions. These will not only help you as a user, but all other (future) users as well. Please let us know how we can further improve your experience.

Thank you once again and looking forward to assisting you in the future.

Best wishes,

Cym E.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Fast for Current Educational Environment

Reviewed on 26/3/2020

Pros

I learned Moovly in a sitting. I was able to move curriculum that relied on a teacher to explain the content in a live setting to movies and presentations students can view when it is their turn for the computer. I appreciate the support, both live and the online help features, in this time of need when we don't have time to figure things out the long way.

Cons

When I started a chat, it indicated it may take a day before I heard back from Moovly. Luckily, they underpromised the help and overdelivered with timely expertise. I was soon chatting with Steven.

Paul D.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Mediorce software, shocking customer service

Reviewed on 18/6/2019

Awful. This software was so bad I forgot I had this trash until they got me on an auto-renewal. Of course, this company being what they are... far from understanding but hey that's life right! Myself, I would have refunded because if someone didn't want my services (contacted them straight away, no immediate response obviously) I wouldn't have caught them out on a technicality as my conscious would feel like I have stolen money in a way. But hey I get it... it's all about your "terms" instead of good business relationships these days. Buyer beware, you can do a lot better than this in all aspects!

Pros

Nothing really. At first, I thought it might be useful but it's just rubbish. Do yourself a favour and learn a few skills instead of using weak software like this.

Cons

Dashboard, stupid effects. Very slow at times. Video creation for kids basically.

Bozhidar T.

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

We are trying to expose our business using social media and moovly helps us create videos faster

Pros

that's easy to use and that there is free vectors to use.

Cons

i think the video editor interface can be made easier to use.

Elliot B.

Well It has lots of benefits.

Reviewed on 4/2/2017

Moovly's rather difficult to use in first place, getting familiar, specifically with syncing everything although once you get the hang of it, it isn't anything complicated.

Nagore O.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Best app to move from illustrating to animating

Reviewed on 19/3/2021

I´m a designer, and Moovly allowed me to do my very first animation videos . I charge 1000 euros per 1 minute video.

Pros

The best thing about this app is how easy and intuitive is to use it. You can easily learn how to create simple animations. Moreover, once you get used to it and understand the workflow, you can create very creative animation effects with the basic elements.

Cons

It´s quite limiting sometimes. I wish they could have a more pro version so advance animations could be done.

Ownway K.

Excellent Mobile Friendly Video

Reviewed on 13/1/2021

This is has been an incredible tool compared to many i tried before settling with MOOVLY

Pros

The Quality of the templates is top notch! The fact that you can immediately start playing around with the tool without sign ups etc

I was looking for a Social Media Friendly Video that is within 30secs but allows you to convey your message

I have little experience with Video editing but the ease with which i was able to start editing the template within a day or 2 was for me very incredible

This allowed me the ability to create a top class video ahead of a client product launch

Cons

Couldn't reach support easily and was forced to contact them via facebook. It would be great to add some text information around the watermark so a user knows immediately that removal of watermarks can only be after upgrade

Debjit B.

Advance video editing in browser, from anywhere.

Reviewed on 21/4/2019

A grate semi-pro tool to create the presentation, online intro and some little screen recording and voiceover for the tutorial. It still has some bugs, like crashing, not uploading video/image file, but overall it is a great tool, to begin with.

Pros

I like the UI which reminds me of some of pro video editing software. I really need some time to learn. It is not plugged and play, as being an advanced browser-based editor. But if you have some previous experience with video editing you will be very pleased. No more high graphics rendering for videos just create it from here, your next viral video is waiting to release.
This advance transitions, sound and images really make it versatile, which fits for all type of scenario. Presentation, short intro you can use everything under one app.

Cons

When inserting a template it really takes lots of CPU resource, which crashes my chrome every time I start. I needed to open it in firefox still it is taking a lot of resources.

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Fills its niche well

Reviewed on 27/7/2019

If I needed to make an infographic video for the office, my options are either toil away in After Effects, or use a Moovly template. Not a hard choice to make. I can still use my broader editing and graphics knowledge to build on Moovly's foundation, but as I said in the title, Moovly knows that its for and it serves that purpose well.

Pros

Fills a much needed role. There are plenty of "idiot proof" video makers out there, but they tend to lean more towards social media. It's nice seeing software geared specifically towards a business setting, right down to editable templates for specific topics.

Cons

No real complaints. Moovly is intended for snappy, simple videos for businesses, which it handles well.

Perry F.

Moovly Review

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Easy to get started, Easy to create videos, and the price is relatively low and great when compared to other products on the market.

Pros

Moovly allowed me to create simple and fun videos with little to no expertise in animation. The best part is that there are helpful guides in-app to make sure you are using the different features correctly. It also runs very smooth despite processing very large video files.

Cons

The transitions and effects are great, but few. I would like to see more ability to customize the animation of the movement of objects on the tool. After a while, our videos have begun to look the same.

Evelien K.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Moovly works

Reviewed on 3/3/2021

I am really proud of what I created with the free software. It looks really professional and is nice to watch.

Pros

It is easy to use and has many possibilities to make a really good video.

Cons

It's only in English and I found it hard to discover how I could use my own clips.

Ravi T.

Amazing product

Reviewed on 29/11/2017

Easy video campaigns for Facebook and Youtube.

Pros

Easy to use and powerful. I have created many videos in a short time. They also allow 1080p video rendering with the subscription.

Cons

Customer Service needs improvement. I asked a question and the answer was not satisfactory so I had to go looking for an answer on Google. Not good if you have a chat available for support.

Jason L.

A very frustrating experience with Moovly. I do not recommend this at all!

Reviewed on 19/7/2018

I learned about buyer beware.

Pros

The idea is of creating an animated online video is good. When the software works, it's easy to use.

Cons

There's far too many problems with the software. For starters, the rendering takes an extremely long time, and sometimes it would never even render for you to download. When i reached out to the customer support, it took over a week to get a response. This is the most frustrating part. Secondly, the software has glitches - if you move items in the "stage" , an error would appear and you have to click refresh every time it happens. In your own personal library, when you want to delete a clipart, it doesn't happen, therefore your library just keeps building and building and you can't clean it up. Their tech support said they're unable to fix this....Thirdly, it does not allow you to efficiently upload your own videos and audio. It either takes an extremely long time, or would never upload. Moovly uses their own server and this is the part that's frustrated and slow. Also, their images for animation is limited. It's more like a "video" creator where you take stock videos and photos to create your video. Animating has its limitations for sure on this.

Moovly is a video creator that's in its beta testing stage. There's far too many glitches and problems that their tech team is unable to correct efficiently.

It's a very pricey software that does not work well. Equally as frustrating is the support team, who do not respond consistently. It took up to 7 days for some replies and sometimes I got no response at all. Very frustrating experience. I DO NOT recommend!

Syed R.

Moovly - ‘is an excellent to create professional-looking videos’

Reviewed on 19/9/2020

As I stated, Moovly is very user-friendly tool, so I like to use it very much. My experience with it is amazing.

Pros

I like the fact that Moovly allows you to create videos easily without being an expert. You can create whiteboard videos, animated videos, and footage-based content with drag and drop actions in a minute. The most convenient thing is you don’t need to install the software because Mooovly is cloud-based. Moovly offers varieties options for people with different backgrounds which is very remarkable. I need to make different types of videos for my clients and they were very happy with the stunning video I created. I absolutely like their stock of features and elements. For me drag and drop also a great option to edit videos quickly.

Cons

I think to blend different audios is not easy for everyone. I found it a little tricky and I wish they if they could improve it. Moovly pro is not affordable for everyone. I think the price should be waived up to a certain amount.

Ursula H.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Excellent service

Reviewed on 31/8/2019

I had a problem with saving but then when I asked the support team, he helped quickly, professionally and advised that Moovly saves every few seconds and that I will not lose my test project that I did. Also, then when we send the review that it was AMAZING service as it was so quick and easy to get an answer.. This is really incredible service and they make a customer feel more like family than a customer.

Pros

Easy to use, you can really make amazing anything with it. Presentations, moving clips, anything. This is a powerful tool with so many options I love it.

Cons

It takes me a few minutes or so to learn the functionality but that is all.

Response from Moovly

Wauw, Ursula! Thank you 'oh so much' for these kind words! Welcome to the Moovly Family!

Karen V.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

The overall experience has been great.

Pros

Before buying the license, I used several trials from different companies. However, I decided on Moovly because of how easy it was to use, since I don't know much about making videos.

Cons

I dislike the backgrounds and the limit of downloading only 50 videos per month. I am a teacher and need small videos but in a bigger quantity.