PowToon

Create animated videos and presentations

4.2/5
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.4/5

298 Software options

Deyson T.

Very Good Animation Software

Reviewed on 30/11/2019

I reaaly like this software and using for create good promotionals campaigns for may customers.

Pros

Easy to use for very good quality job results.

Cons

The characters don't have a 'walk' animation as option ...

Animaker

Reasons for Switching to PowToon

Because PowToon effer what I need, PowToon is different than others and, maybe need more features, but I believe in the good future for this software.
Giselle R.
  • Industry: Design

attractive and professional slides and videos!

Reviewed on 12/7/2021

I save a lot of time and effort doing slides on this software and looks so professional!

Pros

I don't need to have programming skill to make animations and professional videos, is easy and instinctive to use.

Cons

I wish there were more avatars and more variety of animations and the option to adjust and share at tiktok.

Microsoft PowerPoint

Reasons for Switching to PowToon

because it have 3d options and animations in an easier way to use.
Jefry N.

Easy Presentations

Reviewed on 20/6/2019

From my experience with the program I can say that I have not had greater difficulties than to find myself a little disoriented at first, but thanks to its easy use and interactivity, I can learn at once and I can create my video. I would say that I would have difficulty uploading or sharing the video, because there are not enough options or the ones I want are blocked and I must pay. It would be good if the tool would allow you to share those videos over Whatsapp for free.

Pros

It is a simple and easy to use program. The presentations have many details and customization, being a very good point because it allows creating multiple videos and they do not look alike. It offers free and paid tools, also offers different ways to export or publish it; it is good the point and manages to make known the tool and the jobs and that many people can use it, either by paying or for free.

Cons

The program looks very limited at times because they don't have other tools to change the style of their videos with respect to the format, that is, it follows established parameters and does not allow recording videos to be uploaded and edited with the tools already available, but it limits itself to that format already established and in a certain way causes the authors of the videos to be somewhat limited in the subject of creativity.

Karna S.

Makes creating just-in-time learning quick and easy

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

We've had a great experience with Powtoon, and have continually opted in to be early adopters for their new features. Their customer service is fantastic, and the chat-bot allows you to have your questions answered quickly.

Pros

It has a very low learning curve. Once you know what you are trying to capture, the software is incredibly intuitive at helping you make your content visually appealing to your end users. They also continually make updates that enhance the creator's experience, including additional templates and new functionality.

Cons

There's not really anything to improve- it meets our needs for providing just-in-time learning content. We are able to customize as much or as little as we want, add sound, add proprietary images, and then download in a format that makes it easy to share.

• Industry: Online Media

Making presentations fun

Reviewed on 14/10/2018

I used Powtoon for many school presentations where the assignment was to make ad campaigns or short promos. Yes, Powtoon can make a presentation exciting enough to look like a commercial. I LOVE this software. It’s so usable and full of many features. It is handy for so many purposes and will certainly do the trick if you’re not interested in researching clunkier software with a bigger learning curve.

Pros

Having photos and icons that can move and appear on a timer is my favorite thing about Powtoon. This simple feature allows me to make my presentations way more interactive and entertaining. Searching or uploading images is super easy and Powtoon has a great database of basic graphics. Adding music is also incredibly easy to do.

Cons

Powtoon is not the place for detailed voiceovers. There’s really only an option to add one single audio file and when you’re working with many different slides, that can get pretty complicated. The big “Powtoon” logo in the bottom corner of the presentation also totally takes away from a professional look.

Lisa M.

Great tool for schools!

Reviewed on 9/4/2020

Our overall experience has been very positive. It was well worth it to buy a school license because multiple grades of students use it.

Pros

I am the director of educational technology at a private school but I also teach a few technology classes. This is a GREAT tool for students that has a wide age range. I had younger students film basic animated films of their choosing. Middle school students used it to make stop motion animated films and older students used some of the more advanced animation features. The templates are also very helpful for kids who don't know where to start.

Cons

This really is a great service. You need the pro account to be able to export your work and have access to all of the features you'd need to make a quality video but I think it's worth it!

Edijs K.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Powtoon review

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

I started to use it 4 years ago and the platform has changed quite a lot. In beginning it was very customer friendly because it was very easy to understand, but now it is still very good, but also very complex and takes some time to understand whole interface.

Pros

I liked very creative tools to make presentations appear interactive and interesting to audience. By using Powtoon it is very easy to make yourself stand out and be remarkable. I very enjoy different options for animations and highlt customisable time grid.

Cons

I felt that using free trial version it is very hard to enjoy at least a few features platform offers. Platform is really persistent to users to pay for subscription and therefore increase amount of different tools available. This platform is also really demanding for your CPU and you have to be careful not to overheat your computer.

Jen C.

Fantastic - has helped me connect with customers in an awesome format!

Reviewed on 27/3/2018

Create products that I can sell that are really fun to create!

Pros

My customers are school parents and the cartoon options really grab their attention. I love telling stories through pictures and find it so much easier to put a presentation together on powtoon than any other presentation tool I've used or to write long text.

Cons

It's at the top of my budget limit. But the features are all fantastic and they keep rolling out new ones (like square format and mobile optimized) that help me expand my product offerings.

Powtoon has made animation possible for everyday video needs.

Reviewed on 29/7/2019

I have been able to add some video animation that I didn't possess prior to using Powtoon which has helped me create a higher level of video production results at a reasonable cost.

Pros

I like that I can easily produce animated videos for myself and clients without technically being a "video animator" on more complex software. Oftentimes, I only need a portion of a video to be animated or need a clip of animated typography, which I can now easily accomplish on Powtoon to later insert into my overall video creation.

Cons

There are some fine-tune controls that are lacking in the software, like setting timing in less than one-second increments.

Bimal C.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Powtoon review.

Reviewed on 26/5/2021

My experience with powtoon is good because it is beginners friendly. You don't have to waste hours learning how to use this software just log in and started making cool animation video that get more viewers for your business.

Pros

Powtoon is great cloud animation software. It is perfect for you if you want to make an eye-catching animation video in a minute. Here you can make a video for any kinds of a platform like youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc. I am also enjoying making a video for my business. It is easy to add and remove animated characters, sound, logo from your video.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is its price. It is an expansive tool to use regularly. Hope it price will change in the near future

Julia M.

This is the one!

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

eLearning Design, custom course production, explainer videos

Pros

If you are looking for a program to help you build quick, easy, powerful instructional videos - this is it! Look no further.

Cons

I loved all of it. We used Vyond before and were limited to animated characters and scenes. Here you can have actual videos and pictures of non-cartoons.

Matthew K.
  • Industry: Automotive

Capture the Attention of your viewers

Reviewed on 11/6/2020

With cookie-cutter ads, email and video out there for marketing, Powtoon pushes that to the side and stands well above the rest to make a difference with allowing you to get your message through with creativity that you don't see in other software.

Pros

Powtoon is a great Animation software that anyone can use to get your message through for Training, Marketing or just to say "Hi".

Cons

Because this is internet based, it does lag at times with the speed of the playback and crashes from time to time.

Adiaha F.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Love PowToon

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

I use PowToon to create engaging educational videos for medical education (I'm a physician and professor at a medical school), church (I teach 5th grade Bible class) and community events (I made "This is Your Life" videos for birthday parties and funeral tribues).

Pros

I've been using PowToon since 2014 and have done so in many settings--professional, church, community, etc. Every video I've made has been top quality. I appreciate the racial diversity of the cartoon characters. . Fantastic product and my gold standard for white board animation.

Cons

My one request (which I've made for years) is that the hands also have complexion diversity. I wish the hand that can write words and move pictures in and out came in different complexions. We only have a white hand as an option. Please ask some brown and black options.

Bryan R.
  • Industry: Automotive

Unique Presentation Experience

Reviewed on 29/8/2018

Pros

Powtoon adds a unique presentation experience that your clientele might not otherwise see. There is a free version to try with Powtoon that offers insight into what it is capable of doing. They have their own characters and images to add and you are able to add your own images and voice-overs, too.

Cons

There isn't as much customization that other types of presentation software offers.

• Industry: Events Services
  • Used for 6-12 months

Great product (even free version), but slightly frustrating for any with experience video...

Reviewed on 25/6/2018

A nice cartoon explainer video, that I could create with no programming knowledge.

Pros

I only used the free version of this software, but it was simple to use, gave lots of robust cartoon options, and was quick to get started. And, unlike a lot of other "cartoon" services out there - these ones actually look professional and interesting. Lots of music options, and styles - along with themes that make the design process flow fairly smoothly.

Cons

My biggest con with PowToons was that it was rigid in the ability to edit/customize music to be in sync with the cartoon. If you are used to editing on a FinalCut, this software may drive you a little crazy. The drag and drop options are nice, but also limit in the preciseness you can achieve.

Ayesha A.

Power Up with Powtoon

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that it allows users to create engaging explainer videos and presentations. Powtoon includes a variety of assets, such as visuals and cartoon characters, to enhance one's presentations that positively impact viewers.

Cons

What I liked least about Powtoon is that advanced features, such as elegant presentation templates, are available with premium subscriptions.

• Used for 1+ year

This is great to build a scenario for eLearning

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

I've used it in 3-4 projects to show a scenario of a conversation and to teach problem solving.

Pros

The fact that this free to build a 1 minute illustrated scenario is amazing. Even if you are using it to create a Minimally Viable Candidate to test the scenario in learning. Powtoon makes it incredibly simple to drag in characters and add text to audio.

Cons

The enterprise plan for pricing scared my clients away but you can see how powerful this software is when you realize how much time and MONEY it saves a professional illustrator / animator (that's 2 people in some departments)

Tiffany H.

Fun for Students and Teachers

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Pros

I love that there is a free version for students to use for school. It gives them the ability to make a presentation, but really put a lot of creativity into it. They are able to make mini cartoon movies that are content-based and they have so much fun doing it!

Cons

I do wish it were a bit easier to use, but complications come with the vast array of things you are able to do with this software.

Randall J.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

I think this software will replace alot of the current presentation softwares in the next 5...

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

A wonderful tool for creating instructional videos and very easy to use and the end users love the quality of the videos.

Pros

This software has opened my eyes up to the new ways of creating a presentation. The ability to create content with this software is so easy and the effect that you are able to do are amazing. I will never create another slide show again!

Cons

The only thing I would change is to add a Text to Voice feature for the videos. I would love to be able to type my script and import it to Powtoons and some great Computer voice from the UK do all of the talking for me.

Khary M.
  • Industry: Animation

Excellent Animation Software

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

I tried and priced many animation softwares before choosing Powtoons. Powtoons gives the viewer a professional-looking animation at a reasonable price.

Pros

It is fairly simple to use. If you've ever used MS Powerpoint, Powtoons should give you no trouble.

Cons

The software is a bit on the pricey side. There are options you can explore to bring the cost down considerably, however, those options leave you with the Powtoons watermark on your videos.

Microsoft PowerPoint
Ca J.
  • Industry: Research

Excellent Cartoon Videos for Fun or Business

Reviewed on 27/2/2019

Pros

Smooth and highly usable cartoon type videos for marketing, getting out a message or just plain fun. Easy to create your own vision, be unique and utilize/embed the videos on various platforms

Cons

Found no dislikes or cons about this software.

Herbert S.
  • Used for 1+ year

I encountered a problem with duplicating + copying Powtoons. Excellent service to solve the...

Reviewed on 28/3/2018

The knowlegde and experience to make a toonlike animation to use with Flipping the Classroom.

Pros

Easy to use and adapt. Nice to make great toons. I made toons for my classes on economics, and its nice to see the result in the classroom.

Cons

The price for a license if you want more than what the free license offers. I would like to see more free options, characters etc. I am a starting teacher with a low salary.

Saksham G.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great tool for your video needs!

Reviewed on 27/6/2021

Overall experience with PowToon has been quite friendly! With their available resource library, multiple animation options, special effects all laid out on a user friendly interface, working on PowToon has been stress-free. Would definitely recommend it to someone looking to make videos in a short amount of time.

Pros

Simplicity! PowToon has one of the most user friendly interfaces among other apps, which makes working on it fun. Even without a background in video editing, one is able to create customizable movies and animated videos as it is quite intuitive. The drag and drop feature also makes it faster and convenient.

Cons

No specific shortcoming was found while using PowToon. Sometimes when there is a lot of content, there were slight lags/delays in working, but nothing that disturbed the workflow. If this can be improved, it would increase user adoption to a great extent.

Great for casual users with little animation experience

Reviewed on 16/1/2019

It is fantastic for users with simple requirements and little to no design experience.

Pros

I love creating animated cartoons with this software. It’s my secret tool for creating fun and engaging content for students in the eLearning platform. It’s easy to learn how to use and is updated often so new options become available. With its own music I don’t have to worry about sourcing copyright free music to use. The free version is good enough to create short videos and simple content.

Cons

It can take a while to upload content and images.

Sitong L.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Used for 1-5 months

Not respecting customers

Reviewed on 22/4/2019

I feel this company is fooling customers like me and wasting my money and time. I do not think that customers should pay to a company like this and helps it to survive.

Pros

All the functions and material are easy to use and have high quality. The outcome was great.

Cons

It does not show you what materials and functions are only for the Pro Plan before you complete and go to the purchasing step. I completed my video making, and then I was told that I have to buy to starter plan to export it in MP3 format. I purchased it, and then I was told that I have used some pro stuff, like effects and pictures, in my video. In order to keep them, I have to buy a Pro Plan. Why am I not told ahead of time??? Moreover, they would not refund me the money I spent on the Starter Plan. Why do I need to pay twice????
In the end, I paid for the Starter Plan, monthly subscription. Three months later, which is today, I found that my plan was auto-renewed. I do not remember their website writing anything about auto-renew, and so I went back and found that it was not mentioned anywhere on the payment page, and it was only written at the bottom of the Pricing page. If you do not search for it deliberately, there is no way you can find it.