Rippling

Scott
  • Industry: Publishing

Great product, friendly service

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros

Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons

The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I ran into a number of issues where Zenefits support was slow to respond, then inflexible and unhelpful. In the end even my request to cancel Zenefits was ignored so long that it passed my renewal date and they tried to force me to pay for another year's service. It's a little strange that two companies founded by the same person could have such different service values. Glad I'm with Rippling.

Zenefits
Brian
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Great tools, a one stop shop for emerging and established businesses

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Great experience!

Pros

I appreciate the depth and number of apps available to manage different areas of the business. it has provided everything we need to get started with employee management, from onboarding to payroll to remote IT device management.

Cons

Would always love to see more integrations with other business partners in the space (although there are a fair amount already, i.e. microsoft, quickbooks, etc).

SurePayroll, Paychex Flex and Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

more flexible, more integrations, better overall user experience
Tomás

Not a delightful experience

Reviewed on 12/1/2023

Pros

Rippling allows you to set up remote policies on the employees’ devices and software, and manage them easily.

Cons

Rippling was conflicting with other tools and applications that I had installed on my device, causing them to malfunction.

ilisa
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

We made the change to Rippling and are happy!

Reviewed on 2/10/2022

Pros

Pay for what you need and use. Only have to purchase the pieces that matter to your company. Onboarding right now and there is a very small learning curve. A lot of the implementation is self-driven, which means it is an easy to navigate product with solid support documentation. Friendly to non-profits by offering non-profit pricing.

Cons

Performance Management is not native to Rippling so would need to integrate with a 3rd party from their marketplace. The only background check company is expensive, so decided to keep that utside of rippling. would prefer for it to be a part of an EEs record, but not a deal breaker for us.

ADP Workforce Now, BambooHR and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Paycom was cumbersome and unforgiving. PTO policies were never correct due to a flawed implementation. Difficult to navigate and had to call support for most tasks we can now do on our own with Rippling. Constant turnover with support specialist.

Paycom

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Love the R&D that is dedicated to the product. There is a clear dedication by Rippling for innovation. Support documentation is very helpful. Ease of use. the tech and UX is fresh.
Nat

No complaints—which makes it much better than what we used before

Reviewed on 16/1/2023

I've spent much less time fighting to ensure that 401k and HSA accounts setup correctly, the app and website work smoothly, mostly I don't have to think about these things and that's what I want.

Pros

Everything just works and it's smooth. My take is that the things Rippling does are the things I don't want to worry about. That wasn't the case for similar offerings we used before, it has been the case for Rippling!

Cons

I haven't noticed any problems with Rippling. One very minor downside is that with the previous direct deposit, my bank would process the payment early, and that hasn't been the case with Rippling.

Precious

Precious Burrell Rippling Review

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

My overall experience with Rippling thus far has been great. My company recently switched over from a different software provider. However the change was abrupt but I do enjoy the Rippling Platform better. The transition was easy and the platform is more engaging and informative versus the previous platform our company was using.

Pros

This software is easy to use, navigation friendly, and the customer support and service is great.

Cons

I do not have any complaints or cons regarding this software as of yet.

Timothy

Easy to setup, Easy to use

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product as I think it's easy to use and setup as an employee.

Pros

The UI is very user-friendly. Everything is easy to find and navigate.

Cons

My only downside is not the browser, but actually the mobile app. It's not as feature-rich as the web-based version.

Auriyana

Rippling Review

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

We are very happy to use rippling paycor system was always down I never experienced that with rippling

Pros

This software easy to use and more to the point then paycor

Cons

Nothing , everything is good everything works fine on rippling

Macie

Company switched to Rippling and couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Our company acquired another company and Rippling was there in the middle of this transition- having this platform be the source of truth quickly after a lot of changes was integral to benefits and payroll continuity and peace of mind for me.

Pros

The UI/UX is unbeatable. Things I have used in the past that don't measure up- Justworks, pingboard, ADP. It is the most intuitive platform. There are only a few tabs that each action is nestled under- so I don't get lost trying to navigate 20 different options to choose from. Besides the UI/UX, I have had 0 issues with paychecks, benefits, deducations, comms, etc..when our previous platforms always had at least one thing go awry while using.

Cons

The functionality that allows you to see your company org structure and search for other employees/teams is a bit clunky and hard to navigate compared to Pingboards.

Sarah
  • Industry: Insurance

Rippling is so relaxing

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

Absolutely positive very good

Pros

It’s so organized I appreciate the functions it gives you

Cons

No cons I have no complaints in this at all

Alysha

I am excited to implement Rippling !

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

From the demo through implementation, our Rippling experience has been top notch so far. The team is very responsive and the system is extremely user friendly and customizable. I would highly recommend this to small HR teams looking to streamline processes.

Pros

Rippling has been a great solution for us as a small company without an IT department. We are able to streamline our on-boarding and off-boarding processes, making it easy to order equipment and remotely update software on our employees' computers. Our employees love the easy app based user interface, making it easy to download paystubs, update personal information, enroll in benefits, and submit FSA receipts all in one platform!

Cons

The only con I have run into so far is the lack of phone support for administrators. With that being said, the team has been very responsive via email!

Gusto, ADP Workforce Now and Namely

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

The customer support at Paychex is segregated so you have to call a different numbers for every issue, which consumes a great deal of time. The platform is also not very customizable, especially for the price. Lastly, as a new administrator for the platform, it was like pulling teeth to get training and information about what package our company signed up for as well as the pricing breakdown.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling's platform was the most user friendly as customizable. Rippling also offered us an all-in-one platform at great price. I am very satisfied with the platform so far and would recommend it highly!
Ryan

Unique vision, powerful platform, excellent service

Reviewed on 22/5/2020

We were looking for a one stop shop to manage employee lifecycle (onboarding, management, offboarding) without having to have dedicated IT resources or disrupt our valuable engineers to carry out basic tasks like account provisioning and laptop configuration. While most HR platforms handle the basics of payroll and benefits, Rippling was unique in its approach to solving the IT side of the equation without having to build custom workflows or write a whole lot of scripts.

Overall, Rippling delivers on their vision and is backed by a great team of onboarding and success managers to ensure that everything runs smoothly and our employees are taken care of.

Pros

Rippling was intuitive and easy to get up and running. Setup was self guided with helpful information to ensure that we maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.

The initial load of employee data took little to no time and other than a couple of employees who struggled to upload their photos, I didn't have to assist anyone in setting up their profile, completing necessary documents, or setting up their bank account for payroll. Similar to onboarding employees for payroll, the benefits onboarding experience was straightforward, enabling us to rollout medical, dental, vision, and 401K all in one shot.

From here, it's time to get the IT side of the house in order, and we're excited to have an integrated experience that not only handles traditional HR onboarding, but also ensure that new employees arrive on day one ready to work, with a laptop and all their necessary software and SaaS accounts provisioned.

Cons

The overall application navigation was a little clumsy when we were first onboarded, lacking a breadcrumb menu experience that meant you had to return to the home screen to move between areas of the platform. That said, Rippling was highly responsive to feedback, and over the subsequent weeks rolled out revisions to their overall user experience that represent a significant improvement in moving between various areas of the platform.

Outside of that, there are a couple of areas I'd like to see improved. The first is to provide support for basic time entry, enabling contractors or hourly workers to log their time. This doesn't need to be fancy as there are dedicated offerings for companies that require advanced capabilities, but something as simple as hours per day would suffice. On top of that, it would be nice to provide a payroll calendar that is accessible to employees. Right now I can access the calendar as an admin, but perhaps make that available to everyone in the company.

Gusto and Zenefits

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Completeness of vision and breadth of capabilities. Gusto was P2 in the end, and while the overall product UI is more compelling, the IT management capabilities of Rippling (while coming in at a price premium) pushed them ahead.
David
  • Industry: Insurance

Great integrations save hours, easy to use

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll.
Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros

Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees.
LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management.
Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons

Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days.
Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

Zenefits

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Additional integrations and more customized options. Computer security and software provisioning. Gusto was great for simple payroll but Rippling blew them away with the rest of the services.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Really came down to having a system set up employees on everything from one single platform that connects to EVERYTHING we use. Salesforce logins, phone system set up, computer security and purchasing, adobe, MS and tons more. Super smart business model and clean easy to use software that kept getting better every week we looked at it.

Response from Rippling

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry about the delay in your support emails, we'll work on that. :)

Michael
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

The most effective HR software I have ever utilized!

Reviewed on 19/12/2021

Pros

We hire hundreds of seasonal employees for short seasonal contracts 5 times/year. Rippling allows me to onboard and offboard employees in around 1 minute (no joke). I have taken a multi-day task and, with Rippling, have reduced it to a couple of hours. The ease, simplicity, and customizable nature of Rippling allow me to take the guess work out of offer letters, NDA's, 8850's, and I9. Rippling works with and connects to ALL of the software that we use for day to day employee managment such as our timecard system, GSuite, ShippingEasy, etc.

Cons

I honestly do not have a single complaint. Rippling is constantly updating and improving.

David
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Rippling Software Review

Reviewed on 14/1/2021

It has been great. The amount of HR and payroll time I have to spend on a daily basis is dramatically decreased. Employees are also very much in control of all their own data and feedback has been very positive

Pros

The design of the software makes sense. Coming from other payroll software Rippling has a central platform where you can then jump off into any app that you need, from payroll, to time off, to onboarding. All the programs work seamlessly together and are designed to make sense to users of all technical skill levels.

Cons

We had some issues with migration from the prior software, but this has more to do with the prior softwares issues than Rippling.

Courtney
  • Industry: Medical Practice

A future forward HRIS

Reviewed on 9/4/2020

It has allowed us to set up 4 companies in one system, connect all the teams but directly integrate with so many applications we are using elsewhere.

Pros

I love that this system makes for the most seamless onboarding experience both for the employee and the human resources team. It allows for so many different components that were limiting in other systems (multi-company org chart in one place,360 integration with so many apps without an additional cost, multiple tiers of permissions and policies per employee level)

Cons

I wish that it allowed for employees t fill out a form without having to print and upload. This is the only thing I haven't liked so far.

Paycom, Zenefits and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I love Bamboo, it's a great system but not for the number of different things we needed in a system (removing in the IT component of onboarding). I think these two are some of the best in class

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

It was far more robust with the user experience I needed.
Deborah
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Best decision I made all year!

Reviewed on 17/2/2021

My goal when looking for a HR software was to find something that would integrate our multiple systems (Deputy, Payroll, benefits, etc.) and save time by streamlining processes as well as having an organized place for these systems to integrate together. Integration was a breeze as well as using the system day-to-day. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Pros

Once the software is implemented maintenance is a BREEZE! Executing onboarding, payroll, benefits, any changes to employee profiles, etc. take moments instead of minutes or hours.

Rippling sends out emails that are relevant and helpful (eg. policy changes)

I also appreciate that Rippling continues to improve and add to their available apps for integration and services they provide within the platform.

Cons

Rippling has a great help center with step-by-step instructions of how to do everything on the platform as well as a chat feature with helpful people available. I wish there was a number where I could call someone easily. Even though there are instructions that are available and really well executed, there are times where I'm in a pinch and don't have the time to look through the resources and during those times I wish there was a number available to talk to a person for a brief phone call.

Ben

Major Time Saver & Packed with Features

Reviewed on 10/10/2022

Pros

Love all of the integrations. We utilize Rippling to integrate with Guidelines (401K), Healthcare, 15Five, Google Workspace, Ramp, application tracking systems, and background checks. The single sign on capabilities are great and my employees love it as well.

Cons

The initial setup and onboarding was a bit time consuming. Would have paid more money to have someone guide us through and help set up our account with us. This is the 4th time I've switched payroll companies and each time it's a nightmare. We're really happy so far and I hope this is the last switch for quite a while.

Gusto and Paychex Flex

QuickBooks Payroll and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Online integrations. Provides a one stop shop - portal for my employees to manage paychecks, deductions, healthcare, 401k, etc...
Maria
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Life Saver because is so user friendly one stop shop for everything we need to run the Company.

Reviewed on 4/12/2020

Our payroll, onboarding, and Off-boarding has been extremely easy as well as integrating several apps in just one platform to conduct our business proficiently and efficiently like never before we totally love it it’s just so complete.

Pros

We enter the information just one time, so easy to use to customize, all the integrations needed to efficiently run our company.

Cons

I really liked it a lot from the very beginning.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Looking into more secure, complete integration in to just one platform.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Because offered everything we were looking for: Security, options, integration in to one platform. We are really Thankful because it’s been a life saver for us.
  • Industry: Machinery

A lot to like, but if you need payroll be wary

Reviewed on 10/3/2022

As I mentioned, on the HR side of things, it is fairly easy to use Rippling. Payroll has its positives, until something goes wrong and then it is the worst nightmare and time suck that you will experience with a payroll software. As you can tell I am pretty frustrated. This isn't my first time that I have searched for other alternatives. I am considering other options at this point. Somehow the last five times I went through this they came through in the end but not before exhausting me, their customer and my accountant. It's not fun to rack up bills fixing the mistakes for software that I am paying for. If I change it will be to one of the payroll services with phone support.

Pros

Rippling on the whole is fairly easy to use and employee friendly, until you get to payroll.

Cons

The customer support setup is dreadful. Again, the people are nice, but the way it is handled is not acceptable for payroll. Payroll needs to have phone support as it is a time sensitive issue. I have been through all their growing pains, and feel like I should be compensated for debugging their software. They brought taxes in house and now several tax forms are late, again!

There is no transparency with your payroll taxes or payments. I reached out to my account representative and his email address is no longer valid. ARGH. The inability to ever reach them via phone is a huge negative and the email support ticketing system is ridiculous if you have payroll questions.

Also several of my open issues were never resolved, and they were over a broad range of issues involving payroll, pto, and insurance, yet they closed all the tickets. Again, promises promises on anything that isn't working correctly.

The funding may be rolling in for Mr. Conrad, but they are losing grasp of the basics, as well as the items that used to function properly. At some point the reviews will not be so kind if this continues. If they resolve customer support I would be a much happier customer.

Parth
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Fantastic onboarding app with user-friendly UI and robust functionality

Reviewed on 15/1/2023

The software makes it simple for me to seek time off from my supervisor. I can see how many hours my direct reports have worked and how many they intend to work in the near future. It just makes organising things and dealing with onboarding a lot easier and smoother. I've spent a lot less time worrying about whether or not a time-off request was accepted, as well as how many time-off hours I had before and after a request is submitted or authorised.

Pros

Rippling's UI is extremely intuitive, simple to use, and delivers all of the information required for effective people management and operations. Rippling's Time-off feature is by far the most user-friendly. As a consequence, I and the approver and spend less time on administrative activities, which allows me to devote more time to my real job tasks. The dashboard is simple to use and helps you quickly discover the information you want. The nicest part is that I can change the quantities of my payments to different accounts each pay cycle. Signing up for employment benefits, submitting time off requests, controlling your work equipment, and checking your payment information are all simpler processes.

Cons

The Rippling Android App lacks key functionality included in the Rippling browser version. The functions under Insurance & Benefits, in particular, are not available in the Android app. My main concern would be purchasing add-ons to get all of the functionality you require. The onboarding procedure was quite lengthy. I wish Rippling could accept expenditure payments.

Zack
  • Industry: Environmental Services

A Great Source for Managing Employee Itineraries and Processes

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

Like all new software implementation, it took a little time to learn the nuances of Rippling, familiarize myself with how to use it best for my approach with navigating my day-to-day tasks/goals. Once I felt like I had it down, though, it's been an extremely helpful source in ensuring that the backend needs/requirements for my department are covered.

Pros

Rippling takes away most of the work/headaches of needing to keep track of where I'm at with developing the employees in my department. It sends an email each day allowing me to prepare the employee schedule for that day - even that week - in regards to trainings, meetings, etc. It entails easy access to time-off scheduling and management. Recently, our office underwent open enrollment for various insurances, and Rippling made that process very streamlined and simple. I've yet to utilize some of the more in-depth HR features, but I'm sure they're great.

Cons

There are times when I'd like for the software to be a little more user-friendly, such as giving more detail why certain requests can't be processed (related to time-off submissions). And it'd be better if there were a little more freedom in editing due dates for employee-events (like reviews). This might be possible, but I haven't been able to do so.

Stephanie

Versatility for HR, Benefits, Payroll and more

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

We came off of a PEO into this platform. It took us some time to get things running smoothly, but now it has really streamlined on- and off-boarding, employee benefits and payroll.

Pros

Rippling interfaces with hundreds of companies which allows the flexibility to use the resources you need. We were able to work with our own benefit broker, 401(k) provider, time keeping, and more. Their interface has allowed us to connect products as SSO, even those that don't necessarily connect with Rippling. They have worked very closely with us to get things right and I appreciate that our feedback is listened to and acted upon.

Cons

Our payroll is very complicated. It took us several runs to get the bugs worked out and we still have to do some things manually, though we are changing timekeeping vendors which will help tremendously.

Also, in the beginning we didn't have a dedicated account manager so we had to work with different people after implementation. That had since been rectified.

Zenefits, Namely and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

We wanted more control and flexibility.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Way more flexible and a great price.
david

Rippling

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Smooth

Pros

Easy to use, looks good, cheap everything about it is good

Cons

Easy to use, looks good, too cheap everything about it is weird

ADP Workforce Now

Everything

Lesly

Makes my job as HR Coordinator easy!

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

Pros

As a new HR Coordinator for my company, Rippling has made my job in this new position go very smooth. It has all the tools that we need to keep track of our new hires onboarding process, all our employee files, PTO and more. Excellent and detail reports super easy to generate, either using their templates or creating your own. Benefits management is excellent and I can not say enough about their customer service. Every time we need anything or have any questions, they are here to assist.

Cons

It's a little higher in price compared to what we used to pay, but, we all have agreed it is worth it.