Rippling

Scott
  • Industry: Publishing

Great product, friendly service

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros

Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons

The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I ran into a number of issues where Zenefits support was slow to respond, then inflexible and unhelpful. In the end even my request to cancel Zenefits was ignored so long that it passed my renewal date and they tried to force me to pay for another year's service. It's a little strange that two companies founded by the same person could have such different service values. Glad I'm with Rippling.

Chris
Chris
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great step up from Quickbooks Online Payroll

Reviewed on 7/7/2022

It makes it easier to hire employees, run payroll on time everytime, deal with the payroll taxes and fillings, and do basic management of employee laptops.

Pros

We purchased this after getting frustrated with Intuit's online payroll and there being errors and the customer service being useless.

In comparison the customer service at Rippling has been amazing, the onboarding was smooth - I was assigned a dedicated onboarding rep who met on Zoom with me to custom-tune the software to my needs.

I love that this makes onboarding easy with workflows - collecting t-shirt size, upload profile photo, eSign contracts and training, etc. All the stuff a large company would do for under $2000 per year for a company of 10 people. It is a great value. Also the MDM of company laptops is great.

Cons

No MDM for mobile phones and Windows clients can be buggy, no Okta SSO integration, and support can take a day or two to get back to you sometimes. Honestly not many cons; the software is great for the price.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Intuit has awful customer service, and their product would randomly quit running payroll and require a verification that would take sometimes 1-2 weeks. It messed up our direct deposit schedule and I had to fly back early from vacation once to get manual checks printed. Never had an issue with Rippling.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

It was cheaper and more geared towards small under 50 user businesses.
MARCUS

Horrible service and on boarding

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Their system is nothing more than the API hub to other third-party service providers. You're paying to connect to your other services through their interface, which costs additional for each service on a per-person level. There are many more affordable solutions with better interface and customer service. To prove how outdated and horrible their system is, they declined my payment (even though I provided my full account info with their rep on the phone that was chewing on the phone, letting me figure everything out instead of trying to help me). I tried to reach my rep, that he disappeared. Due to the inconsistency and the low-level onboarding, I decided to cancel and not proceed with the service. Right after I canceled the service, they went into my account and started to withdraw money without my consent! I doubt that any of these reviews are legitimate. I have found the same reviews on different channels, basically plagiarized.

Pros

I didn't like anything once I signed up.

Cons

-ZERO Customer Service
-Horrible Onboarding for someone who advocates themselves as an onboarding service
-Constant upsell for every single thing in the system, even after I selected the everything from their highest level package there is still cost for even a simple API for your email or Salesforce and much more!
-User Interface is extremely outdated
-Functionality is exaggerated.

QCommission, Gusto and TriNet Zenefits

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

To have a better onboarding and payroll that would encompass everything in one.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Because it was cheaper from the onset and easier to use until I actually signed up and all the rest of the cost that wasn't disclosed started adding on.
Lisa
  • Industry: Veterinary

We Love Rippling!!

Reviewed on 22/12/2023

Excellent! The reports have saved me a lot of time for end of year business projections. Employees catch on the onboarding process quickly. I would not go back to the "old way"!

Pros

Very easy to navigate. Integrates with our accounting software and timeclock/scheduling software. Cloud based. Excellent customer service reviews

Cons

How HSA's are funded at the beginning of the month

More integration with QuickBooks and HomeBase. Easier platform to navigate
Terry
Terry

Rippling is an easy-to-use and very complete program. I recommend it, it's fabulous.

Reviewed on 21/8/2023

Rippling's ability to combine HR and payroll features so efficiently surprised me the most. There is no longer a need for multiple pieces of software and the associated risk of data inconsistencies in order to manage employee information, benefits, time off, and performance reviews. We've been able to save a lot of time and effort because to the reduction of manual operations in HR and payroll.

Pros

One of my favorite features of Rippling is the ease with which employees can access all of the information they would need, be it related to health benefits, salary, time off, or spending. Employees have flexible options for managing their 401(k) and direct deposit. No longer will you need to coordinate these kind of modifications with a member of the HR department. Rippling is quite simple to use. Both workers and businesses gain autonomy as a result.

Cons

Producing report inside of Rippling is one of those tasks that I find to be extremely difficult. When it comes to the creation of the precise reports that I require, I have not found it to be very user-friendly in my experience. Even though I freely acknowledge that I may not have a lot of experience with technology, I do wish that the process of creating reports may be made less complicated.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best thing I did for my company!

Reviewed on 9/10/2023

My business solved so many issues by using Rippling - Payroll, Time Tracking, Benefits Administration, and many others

Pros

What I like most about Rippling is that all of the services it provides are very well setup and run extremely smoothly and are super easy to setup.

Cons

Customer service - Rippling could use some help on customer service, especially on the initial onboarding.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling provides so many services and consolidates everything into one system

uAttend and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling has the best services and their system works better.
Seymour
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

I utilize rippling for requesting time off, benefit management (re-enrolling & benefit content), taxes and checking my paycheck deductions. I have been very satisfied in all aspects!

Pros

I really like how easy it is to navigate through all categories. All data is delivered in a clear and concise way. Most, if not all of my questions are easily answered by logging in and searching the subject in question. This is a fantastic program from an employee perspective.

Cons

I really do not have any cons, this is a wonderful employee tool!

Amanda
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Rippling Review

Reviewed on 11/12/2023

Pros

I like how it is very user friendly and easy to find what I am looking for. The layout is simple and easy to use. I also enjoy the fun email notifications on payday!

Cons

I don't have any complaints about using rippling! :)

Sofia
  • Industry: Veterinary

Rippling is Awesome!

Reviewed on 26/12/2023

Rippling is absolutely great!!! The fabulous tools for achieving many of the Human Resource and Payroll functions for companies of all sizes are amazing. We are so very happy we chose Rippling, overall we would recommend it to every business out there!!!

Pros

How easy and fast the integration has been.

Cons

So far I have not had any negative experience yet.

Lisa
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Rippling is easy a baby can do it.

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Pros

that all my HR/payroll/PTO and insurance are all in one place.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about rippling.

Douglas

Rippling is a must have

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

Overall, very positive. The Rippling team has been very responsive and helpful along our journey. The platform made an immediate and positive impact on payroll, benefits, and onboarding processes.

I have evaluated numerous HR/payroll platforms (Gusto, Bamboo HR) and implemented Namely at my last company. Rippling is an improvement over all of them. Rather than trying to offer mediocre functionality across a breadth of items, they are focused on being the best at core features (payroll, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, IT lite, etc.) and then integrate with best-in-class apps for items like performance reviews, expense management,...).

Pros

1) Technology that makes my life better
2) Responsive team/customer service
3) Makes my team happy (because of #1 and #2). The thoughtfulness in workflows helps a lot.

Cons

1) I fear that the cost could very quickly grow -- initial pricing on modules is usually $/employee/month...regardless of how many people actively use the module. The team has been responsive to requests for different pricing schemes.
2) Data visibility (e.g. compensation info) is a bit limited on flexibility. It is either at the admin level (everything) or general user level (limited visibility). I expect this will change over time, but some more intermediate steps would be great (e.g. manager can see comp info, but not SSN, bank info, etc.).

Gusto, Namely, BambooHR and TriNet

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

ADP really has one offering -- payroll -- and they are awful at it. I'm still baffled at how a company can be so incompetent at the one thing they do...and also grow to the size they have.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Forward thinking on app integrations and great user interface

Response from Rippling

Hey Douglas, Thanks so much for your feedback, we're always making improvements, so look out for updates around data visibility.

Lindsey
  • Industry: Automotive

Best HR Tool I've Used

Reviewed on 17/4/2020

My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros

The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations!

Onboarding and offboarding are quick and easy, and payroll basically runs itself. It also integrates nicely with most of our SaaS tools, which makes provisioning accounts really simple. It's amazing to be able to use one system to manage all of our HR, Payroll, Benefits and IT.

The best part is, Rippling continues to get better and better. They are constantly releasing new products, updates, and upgrades. They really listen to our product feature requests and are quick to make enhancements.

Cons

There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

Namely, Paylocity and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Our Company grew really quickly in 2019 and Quickbooks couldn't keep up.

Quickbooks Online
Ryan

Unique vision, powerful platform, excellent service

Reviewed on 22/5/2020

We were looking for a one stop shop to manage employee lifecycle (onboarding, management, offboarding) without having to have dedicated IT resources or disrupt our valuable engineers to carry out basic tasks like account provisioning and laptop configuration. While most HR platforms handle the basics of payroll and benefits, Rippling was unique in its approach to solving the IT side of the equation without having to build custom workflows or write a whole lot of scripts.

Overall, Rippling delivers on their vision and is backed by a great team of onboarding and success managers to ensure that everything runs smoothly and our employees are taken care of.

Pros

Rippling was intuitive and easy to get up and running. Setup was self guided with helpful information to ensure that we maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.

The initial load of employee data took little to no time and other than a couple of employees who struggled to upload their photos, I didn't have to assist anyone in setting up their profile, completing necessary documents, or setting up their bank account for payroll. Similar to onboarding employees for payroll, the benefits onboarding experience was straightforward, enabling us to rollout medical, dental, vision, and 401K all in one shot.

From here, it's time to get the IT side of the house in order, and we're excited to have an integrated experience that not only handles traditional HR onboarding, but also ensure that new employees arrive on day one ready to work, with a laptop and all their necessary software and SaaS accounts provisioned.

Cons

The overall application navigation was a little clumsy when we were first onboarded, lacking a breadcrumb menu experience that meant you had to return to the home screen to move between areas of the platform. That said, Rippling was highly responsive to feedback, and over the subsequent weeks rolled out revisions to their overall user experience that represent a significant improvement in moving between various areas of the platform.

Outside of that, there are a couple of areas I'd like to see improved. The first is to provide support for basic time entry, enabling contractors or hourly workers to log their time. This doesn't need to be fancy as there are dedicated offerings for companies that require advanced capabilities, but something as simple as hours per day would suffice. On top of that, it would be nice to provide a payroll calendar that is accessible to employees. Right now I can access the calendar as an admin, but perhaps make that available to everyone in the company.

Gusto and TriNet Zenefits

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Completeness of vision and breadth of capabilities. Gusto was P2 in the end, and while the overall product UI is more compelling, the IT management capabilities of Rippling (while coming in at a price premium) pushed them ahead.
Sherine
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Automates HR & Great for Department of 1

Reviewed on 13/7/2021

I have been able to centralize the company's structure through HR, not IT. That is the most major difference.

Pros

The organization of HR by Title, Level, Department, or Team makes you think through your structure strategically to then define who should have access to what. From there, you have the ability to manage multiple software integrations that are essential for employee management, onboarding, and feel confident that access has been removed at the time of termination.

Cons

I would like to have more control in customizing the Employee Home to function more heavily as an Intranet. I like the simplicity of it though.

I would like to have Employee Relations added in Rippling - case management. Documentation of performance, PIP's, emails, reports from managers, complaints from employees, investigations, workflows and processes. If this could be attached to the employee profile, along with Performance Evaluations, that would round out the package.

Paycom

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I wanted to have software app integration and control of Onboarding checklists and Termination access checklists, without relying on memory, or excel, or some other way of knowing who has access to what. It was a big security change for the company.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Paycom is robust, but I researched the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and I saw the benefits of understanding HR and IT together. I felt the platform of Rippling was easier as well, but it offered more features than Paycom, and still gives you the choice of integrating with 3rd party apps if you don't want to choose Rippilng's for any reason. Paycom didn't do that. You have to use their apps.

Rippling: A Game-Changer for HR Management

Reviewed on 23/12/2022

we are very happy with our decision to use Rippling. It was the best fit for our small company in terms of pricing, implementation time, and customer service. We reviewed a lot of options and were impressed with Rippling's value and feature set. We highly recommend it to anyone looking to streamline their HR and payroll processes and get great support from a dedicated team.

Pros

Rippling is an innovative and user-friendly HR and payroll management platform that has made a big impact on our business. The software is easy to use and navigate, with features that make it a pleasure to use. We particularly appreciate the ability to download documents and see paystubs, as well as the fun design quirks that add a touch of personality. The onboarding process is seamless, which is important when it comes to hiring top talent. We also appreciate that Rippling is always moving forward with new additions and improvements, which demonstrates its commitment to innovation.In addition to the payroll and HR features, we also appreciate the ability to integrate other apps, which has the potential to greatly simplify the onboarding process for new hires. Time off tracking and the delivery of documents like W2s and 1099s are important everyday features for us, and Rippling makes it easy to access these and other information. The benefits roll-up and the user-friendly interface make it easy to find what we need.

Cons

While Rippling has many positive features and has been a valuable tool for our business, there have been some drawbacks to our experience with the software. One issue we encountered was that Rippling did not file our quarterly taxes and failed to pay federal taxes on the payroll for a few staffers, resulting in financial penalties from the government. This was a serious issue that caused significant problems for our business, and we had to transition to a new payroll provider that was able to handle these tasks correctly.Another issue we have experienced with Rippling is customer service, which has been disappointing at times. We have had to beg for responses and escalate emails to additional staffers in order to get a response, which is frustrating and not up to the standard we expect. Despite these issues, we are still being charged for Rippling, even though they have not performed their duties correctly.While these issues are certainly a concern, we still believe that Rippling has many valuable features and has been a valuable tool for our business overall. We hope that the company will continue to work on improving its customer service and addressing any issues that arise in the future.

Gusto, TriNet Zenefits and BeyondTrust Remote Support

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

It's important to consider various factors when choosing an HR and payroll management platform, such as features, pricing, integration, and user experience. Without knowing more about your specific needs, it's difficult to say why you may have chosen Rippling over Remote. However, some potential reasons could include a more comprehensive feature set, better pricing, better integration, or a more user-friendly interface. IOS and Android apps are supported, and availability of freelancers. Ultimately, the decision will depend on your specific needs and priorities.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

it really fits my business needs, value over price
Courtney
Courtney

Simpler system for human resources management

Reviewed on 17/4/2023

Rippling is quite simple to operate. My company gave me "the duty" of choosing a health insurance policy, which I initially put off because I find such administrative tasks tedious and confusing.

Pros

Rippling offers the most efficient and effective human resource services to businesses and their employees. When compared to competing virtual HR software, it's a breeze to use. Rippling has helped me maintain my sense of order and control over my professional obligations. In general, thanks to Rippling, I've been able to accomplish more in less time and with less anxiety at work.

Cons

The ability to quit at any time is Rippling's sole real drawback. The maximum number of leaves an employee can take is three. Nothing negative to report, really.

Nathan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Sales team overpromises on functionality. Roadblocks against cancelling or reducing services.

Reviewed on 28/8/2023

Rippling promised a platform that empowered the admin. Unfortunately, the platform functions similar to an online survey, with everything going through step-by-step pages that walk you through their processes. This has meant sometimes needing to go back and forth when things do not go as expected. Finding what you need can be counterintuitive.Their platform and individual products offer lots of functionality. Unfortunately, their platform does a better job of aggregating functions than it does making them accessible to admins without relevant expertise, e.g. the device management module can make client devices unresponsive if it is poorly configured, requiring sufficient IT knowledge to implement device management outside of Rippling. This kind of issue permeates the platform. Payroll, the most basic function of Rippling, can break if you do something as simple as have two different sources of time entries--in my company, we use QuickBooks Time / Workforce to track time and location for fieldwork, and development work is tracked in our project management software. Anyone using both during a pay period (e.g. Monday in the field, Tue-Fri in the office) sees Rippling throw out all their hours from both for the entire pay period, without warning; the payroll manager has to catch this. In all cases, Rippling discards location data.

Pros

Payroll is simple and can be automated in some cases. Does a good job blending functions relating to employees (applicant tracking, onboarding, PTO management, payroll, offboarding).

Cons

1) Rippling failed to pay FUTA for me, with minimal notice and no obvious recourse. 2) Rippling let us swing for a few days during the Silicon Valley Bank debacle--they took our money, but our employees did not get paid until they made sure they would not get left holding the bag. 3) Rippling Unity does not do what their sales reps claim it does. 4) Daily upsells on the dashboard. 5) Once you agree to add a service, they make it almost impossible to cancel. I requested to cancel services prior to renewal, and I was told that I need to inform them more than one month in advance of annual renewal to make any service cancellations. They are happy to add services at any time, however.

QuickBooks Payroll, SurePayroll and Roll by ADP

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I wanted to replace Gusto because their customer service was farmed out to a call center, which dragged out troubleshooting. I'd planned to replace QuickBooks Time as well, but Rippling has less capable time tracking functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling's sales rep promised comprehensive integration with the tools we already used, eliminating duplicate data entry.
Kaitlin

BEWARE: Not ready for Canadian support!

Reviewed on 22/9/2023

I would never choose Rippling for anything to do with providing Canadian support. Even our US team was having struggles and finding it far more manual than we were led to believe it would be. Buyer beware, they over-promise and under deliver in EVERY ASPECT of the system.

Pros

Very little to be honest. Our global implementation manager was nice, but we had to educate him on some Canadian practices when we feel he should have been aware of them. **there is no Canadian based sales, support or implementation managers, CSMs, etc. they do not understand Canadian tax laws or ESA provisions and the Dev team does not have ETAs for updates on critical needs to help smooth out the processes for Canadian companies.

Cons

Rippling is not ready to appropriately support paying Canadians and working with Canadian companies.There are a number of issues that consistently arose with using Rippling for our Canadian team. Payroll was far more manual for us, we had to check Rippling's work and calculations all the time and often found errors. They cannot do salary continuance easily, you can't easily update ROEs (you have to contact support to do this and it takes a few extra days so you could potentially be out of compliance if it they have questions). They don't calculate PTO earned on ESA pay in lieu notice unless the EE continues to work during the notice period. They don't calculate stat holiday pay if an EE is resigning or terminated in that pay period. This is just the issues we've run into with payroll and Canadian support. Setting up the PTO was finicky and they have defualt provisions that are annoying to turn off and can't be edited or deleted so if you something above ESA provisions then you have to make separate PTO policies, and US defaults first ALWAYS. Initially when we set up everything was under one section for Canada and the US and then they changed it on us and I was told I'd have to set up everything for Canada all over again. I had to push back to support to say that was not okay because we had just finished our implementation (which was an incredibly intense 4 weeks) - eventually after pushing back enough they said they would migrate the policies for me.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

We wanted a global payroll system vs. using a US PEO and Canadian HRIS separate in each country we operated.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I am disappointed we didn't go with UKG, they would have met and exceeded our needs. Ultimately Rippling was chosen because our US team wasn't ready to navigate away from using a PEO.
Liz
  • Industry: Wholesale

Rippling does one thing well - sell subscriptions! And they will LIE about ANYTHING to hook...

Reviewed on 26/2/2021

One of the worst experiences ever. Don't waste your time and money.

One of the worst experiences ever. Don't waste your time and money.

Pros

From a user standpoint it is pretty simple to figure out.

Cons

First of all, implementation is you wasting 2 grand, because your own staff will have to spend their time figuring out how to implement the company. A couple of 15-min zoom meetings and email exchanges linking us to videos were all the help we got. They wouldn't even help with pretax/posttax set up questions! When we complained, they called it 'client driven'. I've personally been through multiple payroll company switches and all of the others exported what they could from the existing provider, set up the entire shell, then worked with us to figure out any tweaks and changes before going live. We expected at least 80% of the work to be done by Rippling, not 2%. What did we pay them for?

Next, everything they lied about!! We had lists of non-negotiables like expedited one-day payroll processing, custom restrictions down to the field in profiles, reporting to multiple supervisors who can each approve time off requests, setting up deductions automatically that only happen the first payroll of each month... we were told yes to all of these, and these were all lies. They even went so far as to tell us everything isn't available in the sandbox demo so that is why some functions didn't work, when in reality they don't exist.

Customer service sucks.

Before we signed, we asked if we could cancel at any time if we were not satisfied, and yep this was another big fat lie. We are now having to lawyer up to get out of the 'annual' contract that supposedly was month to month.

BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

We wanted to upgrade to an HRIS. We also had concerns about Paychex after our longtime rep went mia and we received some unpaid tax liability notices.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Price. BambooHR is a great HR software but the Trax payroll was too lacking for anything but simple payrolls. Also Rippling lied and we believed their promises.
John
  • Industry: Events Services

Rippling is great for small to mid-size businesses

Reviewed on 30/6/2023

My payroll administration is now streamlined and I can keep track of expense reimbursements much more easily. Rippling also "talks to" my retirement plan administrator so that process is automated.

Pros

The integration was very easy, the set up is simple to maintain, the reports are just what is needed.

Cons

As much as I like the chat and help functions, sometimes getting a person on the phone is needed. Currently going through the chat to get to a live person can be frustrating.

Gusto and TriNet Zenefits

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

ADP was far more expensive.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling seemed to have all of the features that I wanted.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Streamlines Everything!

Reviewed on 9/2/2022

Pros

I am a Rippling admin for 3 companies that I work as an independent contractor for. Ripplings ease of use is top tier and it makes HRIS/Payroll/Benefits Management so incredibly easy. I've gone through 2 different implementations and each has gone off with little to no roadblocks.

Cons

I used to dislike a few aspects of the employee profile, but changes have been rolled out and those issues have largely been resolved.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I was looking to make a switch to a product that had more integrations, reliable / easy to use reporting, and streamlined Onboarding and Benefits Management. I wanted an all-in-one system.

Paycom
Matt

Rippling is exactly what you need.

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

Pros

Clean platform, makes administration generally easy. Puts almost everything in one place.

Cons

I do wish that the application integrations were more than primarily SSO, but instead offered integrated functionality. Also, I wish that the functionality of the integrations worked with any version of the third-party apps, and not just the enterprise versions (for the most part.)

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Looking for something that was a platform and integrated more than just pay.

SurePayroll
Sharma
Sharma
  • Industry: Design

Review for Rippling

Reviewed on 15/2/2023

Pros

User-Friendly Interface: Rippling has a simple and easy-to-use interface that makes it simple to manage all of your HR, payroll, and IT needs in one place.Integrations: The software has a wide range of integrations with other popular business applications, such as Slack, Zoom, and QuickBooks, which makes it easy to connect with other tools you're already using.Automated Workflows: Rippling automates a lot of your HR, payroll, and IT workflows, which can save you time and reduce the likelihood of errors.Security: The software uses advanced security protocols to keep your data safe and secure, such as two-factor authentication and encryption.Customization: Rippling allows you to customize your workflows, forms, and other features to match your specific needs and requirements.Employee Self-Service: Rippling provides an employee self-service portal, allowing employees to manage their own HR and payroll needs, such as updating their personal information or accessing their pay stubs.Customer Support: The software provides excellent customer support, with 24/7 live chat, email, and phone support available.Overall, Rippling is a comprehensive and user-friendly software solution that can help businesses streamline their HR, payroll, and IT processes.

Cons

Pricing: Rippling can be more expensive than some of its competitors, particularly for smaller businesses or those with fewer employees.Learning Curve: While Rippling is designed to be user-friendly, some users may find the platform's depth of features and integrations to be overwhelming, especially for those who are new to HR and payroll software.Integration Limitations: While Rippling does have a wide range of integrations available, some users may find that their preferred software is not yet supported or that the integration options are limited.Limited Reporting Features: While Rippling does offer some basic reporting features, some users may find that the reporting capabilities are not as robust as they would like.Limited International Support: Currently, Rippling is only available in the United States, which means that businesses with employees outside the U.S. may not be able to use the software.Overall, while Rippling is a comprehensive software solution, it may not be the best fit for every business. Users should carefully evaluate their specific needs and compare Rippling to other HR and payroll software options before making a decision.

Parth
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Fantastic onboarding app with user-friendly UI and robust functionality

Reviewed on 15/1/2023

The software makes it simple for me to seek time off from my supervisor. I can see how many hours my direct reports have worked and how many they intend to work in the near future. It just makes organising things and dealing with onboarding a lot easier and smoother. I've spent a lot less time worrying about whether or not a time-off request was accepted, as well as how many time-off hours I had before and after a request is submitted or authorised.

Pros

Rippling's UI is extremely intuitive, simple to use, and delivers all of the information required for effective people management and operations. Rippling's Time-off feature is by far the most user-friendly. As a consequence, I and the approver and spend less time on administrative activities, which allows me to devote more time to my real job tasks. The dashboard is simple to use and helps you quickly discover the information you want. The nicest part is that I can change the quantities of my payments to different accounts each pay cycle. Signing up for employment benefits, submitting time off requests, controlling your work equipment, and checking your payment information are all simpler processes.

Cons

The Rippling Android App lacks key functionality included in the Rippling browser version. The functions under Insurance & Benefits, in particular, are not available in the Android app. My main concern would be purchasing add-ons to get all of the functionality you require. The onboarding procedure was quite lengthy. I wish Rippling could accept expenditure payments.

Maryam
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Empowers employees to engage in human resources management efficiently.

Reviewed on 2/4/2023

Overall, Rippling has made organizing employee files, requests, and other important information a breeze. Rippling has also improved transparency and accessibility, which is fantastic for our organization.

Pros

I find Rippling's HR management system to be very employee-friendly. It's great that employees can update their information, upload documents, and get approvals all in one place. Additionally, having access to salary slips and other important documents directly through the system is a huge plus. One of Rippling's standout features is its ability to coordinate vacation requests. Employees can easily fill out the necessary form on their page and send it off for approval. Notifications are sent to the direct manager, who can approve or reject the request and provide reasons on time. The vacation calendars also make it easy for managers to manage requests without disrupting the workflow. Another great feature is the ability for managers to easily fill out and modify employee assessment forms, which keeps the process running smoothly. And Rippling's recruitment procedures are completed promptly, which is fantastic.

Cons

While Rippling is generally very good, there is room for improvement when it comes to customizing forms and deleting documents.