Forecast

A full-suite alternative to point project mgmt solutions

4.5 /5 (51 reviews) Write a Review!

James C.

Product remains immature, should pull back the aggressive sales

Reviewed on 6/2/2021

Overall the product is somewhat immature, not usable on mobile, their sales tactics are overly aggressive, and they make cancellation difficult.

Pros

Was good for budgeting and basic project tracking features.

Cons

Not usable on mobile devices, and disappointed by the aggressive upselling and hidden cancellation terms.

Rob F.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Centreline Architecture Forecast Review

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

With Forecast we are easily able to plan our architectural projects and meet deadlines and stay within the allotted budgets. Forecast is consistently updating with new features and addons.

Pros

Forecast's customer support is one of the best I have ever had to work with. Second would be the ease of use for staff to help plan out projects and timelines.

Cons

Sometimes parts don't work correctly but they are quick to fix the issues.

Sahar A.

Steep Learning Curve

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

Timeline management.
One software for the internal and client-side view which provides a lot of transparency to the project.

Pros

I can easily see my upcoming and past cards, deadlines, project timelines, milestone plans, team members.
I can easily change the status of the card from to-dos to in-progress to Done.

Cons

It's not very easy to use and has a long learning curve.

Sacha R.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Great, almost all-in-one tool

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Previously, we had relied on a number of products to manage our projects and teams and while we're not there yet, Forecast seems to be the tool that will finally allow us to consolidate most of those other tools into one.

Pros

The integration of task tracking, time tracking, and resource allocation.

Cons

The budget pages are a bit confusing and it's a bit tedious to update task and time entries. It's quite expensive for a large team.

Jonatan M.

Great Software, Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed on 23/3/2020

Pros

This software automates a lot of things in our planning / controlling / time reporting.

If there are ever any problems, the outstanding customer support will gladly help out.

Cons

The API could you an OpenAPI / Swagger specification to make integrations slightly easier.

Rachida L.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Can be improved for the team

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

i can manage the production of my team and much more with the budget plan

Pros

Share roadmap with client
Overview on Team Tasks : forecast & timesheet
Financial view and

Cons

Need to be more easy for the consultant when he schedule & timesheet task . for exemple it will be very efficient when the consultant create himself subtasks from the milestone and schedule it on his roadmap ---> to be visible on his weekly/monthly roadmap.
other example : we have 100 hours for the milestone "run consulting" and i create a subtask 'reporting " 5 hours work. it will be great to update the amount of initial hours from the milestone ie : 95h ( does not work actually :( )

Prajith M.

Good User experience

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Pros

I like the fact that you don't have to save the hours and it automatically updates when the value is entered into the slot.

Cons

A little too many updates are being made to the application. May be reduce the rollouts to once a month or so.

Forecast helps me stay on track

Reviewed on 18/1/2019

Pros

I love forecast because it's makes it easy for me to coordinate my upcoming projects with the rest of my team. Being able to set a high and low time allotment has been really helpful for gauging how long future projects will take.

Cons

My only issue is that I wish that there was an option to pause the timer fully -- sometimes I step away from my computer and would like to be able to stop the timer rather than have to report multiple increments of time to a project daily.

John H.

Daily User

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

Forecast does a great job of organizing our Agile tickets.

Pros

Easy to enter hours against project/tickets and add comments all from the timesheet page.

Cons

1) It can be a chore to track down a specific ticket. I input the number in the search box and Bobo the Bear cannot find anything. Instead I need to slog through projects trying to see where it is.
2) Bobo the Bear. I'm old enough to remember Clippy. Why bring him back, just under a new name?

Glennon N.

Time tracking at its finest

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Forecast allows me to solve the problem of reporting my time to upper management.

Pros

As an engineer there is nothing more rewarding than tracking my time. Forecast allows me to do that in a fun and easy way.

Cons

I don't get to use it enough - Forecast is the best application ever made!

Soham V.

Packed with Features but steep learning curve.

Reviewed on 16/7/2019

Our company was trying out the product to have better project planning and resource allocation but most of us do not want to use it because of the time it takes to log in tasks or hours.

Pros

The way the data is displayed is quite intuitive, the timelines, hours, pending hours and etc. I like how my upcoming tasks are shown on the dashboard with colour coding and also highlights due tasks.

Cons

The learning curve is very steep, even though I am tech savvy person, I found it difficult to begin with. I feel it has too many ways of achieveing the same outcome.

Great for planning & executing projects

Reviewed on 3/9/2018

better tracking of hours & progress of projects. we are an agency, so billable hours are very important. hi/lo expeced forecast possibility, makes for better expected time-to-build

Pros

Responsive; very quick & easy to use
Insights adds value to project oversight & planning
Same for scheduling
Time tracking, sprint planning & progress all implemented very intuitive

Cons

not possible to use multiple timers
no approve button after filling timesheet for double checks
impossible to release sprint & have issues removed from done column

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

User friendly tool

Reviewed on 18/1/2019

Forecast has helped me to have more organization in all my projects, collaborate with others, assign tasks and follow up on the progress of each one. You can easily record time invested for each activity which allows you to validate the real costs of the development of each one. I like it very much! and strongly recommend the use of Forecast for your company's projects.

Pros

- General overview of all your projects
- Easy to follow up on all your tasks for each project
- Collaboration tool
- Allows you to review the work load of all your team members and assign tasks for each project.

Cons

- Difficulty to download a full report or export the progress of each project for a presentation

Ben K.

Great software with potential for improvement

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Pros

Innovative software that looks like it was designed by project/product managers.

Cons

Feels rather new. Some gitches and bugs being worked out with implementations on the way. This should get better over time

Great, great quality product!

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

Pros

Time-tracking, project-management and scheduling. Forecast is great for it!

Cons

We haven't found anything wrong about Forecast yet!

Felix C.

Forecast as personal task management

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Very good, and it is clear that the product is being worked on.

Both through updates by e-mail and seeing new functions being added.

Pros

Ease of use and clear overviews.

The design is very clean and the UX is topnotch.

Cons

It is a bit fixated on certain aspects.
Instead of being focused on projects,
a focus on clients would be nice as an alternaive.

This is not a minus if all your work is project-based.

Brian S.

Forecast has given my team visibility into resource management like we've never had before!

Reviewed on 13/3/2018

So far Forecast has addressed most of my company's requests for new features and functionality and made them part of the system.

Pros

The tool we used before didn't have any forecasting features our company needed. I really like the Time feature because it is simple, fast, and intuitive to use. I can easily see my projects, cards, and enter my time all in one view. It's always difficult switching systems after so many years, but I can instantly see the benefits of using Forecast as a sophisticated, easy-to-use platform. Forecast does a great job at tailoring to fit our company's needs and taking our feedback requests seriously.

Guilherme B.
  • Industry: Information Services

Facilitated company processes

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

It is an enjoyable experience, it made some company processes very easy and unbureaucratic, we have much more visibility of the projects and it unified some tasks that were made separately.

Pros

The ease of use to create tasks, manage hours spent on projects and have a centralized way to cast hours.

Cons

Some tools apparently have the same functionality and its not easy (as the other features) to design sprints and have visibility of them.

Aaron K.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Easy to use once you get the hang of it

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

Great to actually see my own personal management plan instead of just milestones in a diary. Also easy for my superiors to see who is over/under allocated with workload at a glance.

Pros

Good easy to understand visuals with plenty of colour ques. Easy to manipulate timeframes and shuffle tasks with only a few mouse clicks.

Cons

Took a little bit of playing around to figure out the best way to use it for me. Multiple different ways of doing the same thing was a little daunting at first but now I've figured out the way I like to work it.

Alessia A.

The best team management tool so far

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

I can track my time in an amazing way and have all the information I need at hand for each task and also for every project

Pros

I have been a TFS user for years and never found a better management tool until I found Forecast. It is the clearest tool on the market so far, easy to use, full of functionalities. There's a lot o pros to it:

- highly customizable
-the time recording is amazing
-comments and subtasks on cards are awesome
-you can also tag other members of the team if you want them to read something

Cons

-when i record time, the record pop up is too small for the tasks names in the select
-i'd like a clearer way to mark done subtasks rather than a checkbox

Rebecca C.

Good for project collaboration

Reviewed on 11/2/2019

It helps team members see their tasks and update the progress easily.

Pros

Timeline showing progress of all projects in one screen;
Kanban board showing project tasks;
To-do list;
Compare budget and expense.

Cons

Collaborator cannot see "Scoping" page;
Cannot relate parent task with sub-tasks which have been split to new task;
Cannot define Project Stage by user;
Same set of Labels are commonly used in different fields, causing users hard to choose, and the labels become meaningless.

Christina C.

Intuitive Platform with Amazing Support

Reviewed on 15/5/2018

Pros

The flexibility for each team member to take ownership of their schedule. And the regular updates for features, and response from the support team.

Cons

Missing some features we would like to see such as the time entry exporting. But the team are very responsive to feature requests.

The best application for work

Reviewed on 18/1/2019

Pros

Organization in cards with progress and tables

Cons

unutil things to work, with a lot of options unutils

Gareth N.

Simplified project management

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

I'm generally very happy with Forecast. It receives frequent updates and the UI/UX is constantly getting better. I can't see us using anything else anytime soon.

Pros

I like the navigation that Forecast has. I'm involved in many projects and that involves switching quite often among them as well as through all my tasks. The navigation is well thought out and means that I don't lose time viewing the tasks that I need to. The views are also nicely designed, the important information is distinguishable and easy to follow. It doesn't make time tracking or project management feel like such a chore. I'm really happy with Forecast.

Cons

The only thing I wish Forecast had was an optional dark mode. I use it often enough that throughout the entire day, the white colour scheme gets tiring after while, especially at night time.

Gareth N.

Great application for time and task management.

Reviewed on 25/1/2019

As a developer keeping track of time spent and tasks aren't always a natural instinct. Forecast has made it more intuitive or easier than other apps to deal with this. I can fulfill my time/task management responsibilities in a quick enough manner so as to not disrupt my workflow too much and keep my project managers happy. I'm happy using Forecast, gets the job done.

Pros

I like that I can get a quick overview of projects that I'm associated with. Being able to see where and how my time is spent is very handy. I'm able to get what I need to very quickly and that is very important.

Cons

I guess the fact that the application is quite feature rich, the interface can be quite tricky to navigate if you don't already know what you want to do. I would've liked having a button on the home page to directly take me to any tasks assigned to me. I would've liked having quicker access to information pertaining to me.