SuiteCRM

Modular, open source CRM for businesses of all types

4.2 /5 (40 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
Carlo B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Simple and Effective

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

We work everyday with the CRM (I can't imagine to work without) all the departments: Sales - Customer Care - Administration find their info and help to keep the data up to date.
Collecting data a tacking activities help us to create a richer and richer database.

Pros

It's easy to use and to customize. We've adapted to some of our internal processes and at the same time we adapted some processes to the SuiteCRM way.
Has a a lot of features and some new one are released frequently enough.
As an Open Source project is easy to integrate with other platform.
Ii love the "no license" approach because I can't think of a CRM solution not to be used by all the peopple in a company.

Cons

Community support is not always very quick, but is part of the game.
Some integrations (Google calendar) are still not completely working well.

David G.
Industry: Internet

SuiteCRM is the only way to go for full-blown CRM

Reviewed on 6/9/2018

Fantastic experience since the software was 'forked' from the SugarCRM Community Edition 3-4 years ago. Sales Agilty who are the driving force behind SuiteCRM have really taken it by the scruff of the neck and turned it into something that can compete head on with cloud-based or enterprise CRM systems.

Pros

1. open source
2. so no per user per month fees
3. customisable. Either using the Module Builder or via bespoke customisation
4. easy to integrate with other systems using tools like Zapier or by doing bespoke work
5. that I can take my time rolling it out across my business as there are no massive 'software investments' to make

Cons

Nothing. We love using it and use it EVERY SINGLE DAY. It is one of only three 'line of business' applications in my business.

Industry: Hospitality

Amazing Suite

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

We have been using this program for several years now - and it has been a valuable tool. We just recently upgraded the program to one of the newest releases, allowing us to do more - with less steps. The ability to create a workflow is invaluable. We run the program on a Mac server, and have not had one bit of problems with it. If you are looking for a smooth running CRM suite, check this app out.

Pros

The ability to use SuiteCRM and customize it to your needs is FANTASTIC. We needed a catering management tool, everything on the market was out of our price range, or did not provide what we wanted. With a few modifications and adding of fields, SuiteCRM was ready to go. It even have the ability to print PDF's and email them as well.

Cons

The lack of mail merging or publishing to a word document is about the only thing that is lacking in this system. There is an add on - but it is a little pricey.

Dinesh S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

A complete sales and marketing management system, easy to use

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Suite CRM is the best self-hosted, open source and customizable CRM. In fact, this is one open source CRM that can face head on with any other enterprise or cloud based CRMs. Right from importing from traditional database or importing from excel, Suite CRM also allows to add custom fields.

Pros

-Allows you to create your own modules based on your needs
-Comes with freely available modules
-You can either customize using a modular builder or go for bespoke customization
-The best part is it does not ask for any expensive software add-ons unlike others
-Out of the box, functionalities makes troubleshooting a lot easier

Cons

- Too much of customization and hence make sure to take notes accordingly as every customized module interacts differently with the backend.
- All you need is a little tweak by the developers and you are good to go for using SuiteCRM as per your needs. A must use for start-ups who are looking for substantial growth in business.

Dj N.

Complete CRM Solution

Reviewed on 2/1/2017

I've been using SuiteCRM for 3 years. It is module based so that you can remove features not needed. It takes some skills to administer and is for more advanced organizations. Easily integrated and extended.

Industry: Financial Services

Works just like SugarCRM

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 13/3/2018

Pros

Was able to import data from old sugarcrm and load into suitecrm. Looks just like sugar and data was able to move over

Cons

If you have a version of sugar past what they require, you need to ask for paid support to move data from sugar to suite.

Vernessa T.
Company size: Self Employed

Drop in Replacement for Similar CRMs with Both Open Source and SaaS Versions

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Contact management, email marketing, calendaring, and integrated phone call followup.

Pros

Without going feature by feature I think it's fair to say SuiteCRM is a drop-in replacement for popular open source and SaaS CRM (customer relationship management) applications. I use the open source community version on an in-house server for internal operations. I've also set it up for a young non-profit organization to manage constituent, board and funder relationships. The software is popular enough that it is included in the group of softwares that can be automatically installed on a hosting account. I'm happy that the developers update it on a regular schedule as well as pay close attention to bugs that crop up.

Cons

SuiteCRM is not as polished or aesthetically pleasing as some of the others in this space. Feature for feature it's a good alternative but many of the features either lack intuitiveness or depth or ease of use. They feel rushed and would do better with maturation.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Eric M.
Industry: Computer Software

Excellent CRM at $0 cost

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Pros

SuiteCRM has all of the features that most SalesForce users actually use, and a good deal more to boot. Unlike Salesforce, SuiteCRM is free if you install it yourself and run it on your own server. There's no limit to the number of users you can have.

Where SuiteCRM shines brightest is in its ability to manage Targets, Leads, Contacts, Accounts, and Opportunities. Customization is easy. You can add your own custom fields to existing Modules - Leads and Contacts are examples of "Modules". You can even create completely new custom Modules.

You can create, run, and track campaigns, including automated email campaigns with SuiteCRM. Although setting up your first campaign can be a bit of a challenge, it works quite well.

Reporting is another strong suit. You can configure your dashboard to get a quick high-level overview of your sales history and projections, and see what parts of your business are the most profitable.

Besides the traditional CRM functionality, SuiteCRM is loaded with other features usually found in ERPs, like Quotes, Contracts, Projects, and much more.

Cons

SuiteCRM includes a Quote, Contract and Invoice feature. Depending on your business, it might be all you need. For my service business, writing custom software to automate businesses, it's cumbersome enough that I don't use it.

Md masoom✔ R.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great open-source CRM till date...

Reviewed on 14/6/2019

My overall experience with SuitCRM is amazing. I am using it for more than three years and found it really effective and helpful CRM. I am using it to create campaigns, track emails, fetching reports and creating the dashboard for the information. After using this CRM now I ensure that my data and information is now secure.

Pros

I like SuitCRM's simple design and easy to use user interface. I like this very much because operating SuitCRM is very easy. SuitCRM is fast, reliable and secure CRM and this is something I like the most about this amazing CRM.

Cons

There is one thing that I want to highlight that I dislike about it which is sometimes when I wish to fetch large size reports from this CRM, it gets stuck sometimes but overall I am very happy with its performance.

Harold S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

THE opensource CRM

Reviewed on 17/7/2020

So far so good, I strongly recommend SuiteCRM for small to medium-size companies

Pros

SuiteCRM is THE opensource CRM to choose from different options out there. I've been using it for a while now and like the capabilities that this CRM offers. I also like that there is a huge community that helps with feedback and sharing their experience

Cons

Sometimes you may feel that you need additional features and even though you'll find some add-ons from vendors you will need to pay for them or they are not what you need and/or you will need to find a developer to help you

Ishan L.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good open source CRM suite

Reviewed on 18/5/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

SuiteCRM is based on SugarCRM. It has a lot of features (leads, opportunities, target lists, email templates, campaigns, web-to-lead form creation, etc). The new UI looks great.

Cons

Very little to not like given that it's free. I switched to another software since we wanted sales to be integrated with our ERP software and with SuiteCRM it was a standalone product. I wish it wasn't PHP-based, but that's just a matter of personal preference.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Simeon P.

SuiteCRM is easy to use, Saves you a tonne of money either as a Cloud install or on Your Server

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

I love SuiteCRM, especially version 7.7.8. Its user interface got a full refresh, it's modern, simple, and best of all...mobile responsive. So, not need for a mobile app. What I like about this version, is that it's more compatible with my own web server, and the Workflow Automation actually works.

Even though SuiteCRM is Opensource, it's not a dumbed-down version. You literally have everything you need in here. I really like how I can create a web form, and embed it in my clients' and my own landing pages, and how I can setup an autoresponder in it.

You can send Marketing Campaigns, have unlimited Employees, and way more. Basically, everything you get in the top, most expensive CRMs.

I highly recommend this, and the owner himself is very responsive on Twitter. @suitecrm.

One more thing, I showed recent clients how to use this, during a lead-generation campaign, and they love it, even though it's the first time they've seen this concept.

They actually use it every day how I showed them, and I didn't even show them everything.
It works. Leads come in, they follow up with a phone call, they book meetings, they close deals and get paid.

James M.
Industry: Sports

Suite CRM a great upgrade from SugarCRM and a great CRM in general

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

So far we love the amount of community development that has gone into Suite CRM, and the upgrade to Sugar CRM Community.

Pros

Apart from the obvious 'open-source' advantage of SuiteCRM it happens to be a great and fully functional CRM for any type of use.

Cons

I think the overall UX can be a bit more flexible, but I will continue to review the docs regarding UX. I have not ran into any issues as yet to report on.

Jayson A.
Industry: Management Consulting

SuiteCRM is not very sweet

Reviewed on 10/4/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

With a little tweaking from the developers this could be a great app - since it has all the elements present. But something must have fallen through in beta testing as I discovered several issues withing 15 minutes of testing. Testing was exploratory at first and I did not get to any scripted testing because of the issues.

Pros

There are many of the standard CRM components such as leads, accounts, follow-ups, dashboard/to-do list, quoting, etc. The dashboard is well conceived. Assigning leads is visible on the dashboard.

Cons

Navigation is spotty as sometimes the menu items disappear when you are drilling into a specific feature.
Fields randomly blank out such as on the invoicing. If you tab through the fields you cannot enter a total as it always deletes the values.
Data entry is cumbersome especially on the accounts screens.
Invoicing is awkward as it doesn't auto-calculate tax based on a percent but you have to type it. It is also not very clear on where the elements to populate the invoice are coming from.
Setting up accounts and leads does not flow well between screens.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Industry: Construction
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Don't break it!

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

I like it a lot. I made the mistake of rolling out a highly customized CRM and later had to add functions/features that essentially broke because of my customizations. Something to always consider when rolling out a custom tool.

Pros

This software comes with a lot of features out of the box and there are more you can add on. The Open Source community uses similar platforms that makes troubleshooting with Google much easier.

Cons

It is verry verry customizable. Make sure to take snapshots and notes, the way it interacts with itself on the back-end is extremely specific.

Mike lester R.
Industry: Real Estate

SuiteCRM is also SWEET as SUGAR

Reviewed on 9/1/2019

The overall experience with SuiteCRM is that it addresses the challenges addressed by a full featured CRM, that is the maintenance of the customers database, engagement with customers, and everything in between that translates to the visibility and reproducibility of the entire CRM process stream.

Pros

What I liked about this software is that it is FREE and is already a FULL FEATURED CRM. I haven't found another Open source CRM software that can beat its functionalities, specially that you can build applications easily through its built-in process and forms engine. Sugar is the commercially supported version which is more stable but with the SAME features.

Cons

What I liked least about Open source software is the support which would be little to none at all. There is not much expertise with the software in our region, thus I most often go to commercial vendors for our company.

Leslie C.
Industry: Management Consulting

A pleasant surprise!

Reviewed on 18/8/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The product has all its modules available and ready at the point of install which means you have access to every feature and functionality straight away. As it is an enterprise product it has powerful capabilities and because it is open source it is all free to use no matter how many users you have. The system covers off everything I would need to track for my customers or prospects, its great having everything in all in the one place which helps drives my sales and marketing.

Cons

The admin panel allows you to customise the look and feel of the system, however to fully customise the software for your own needs you need to have some technical know-how in order to complete the some of the tasks.

Mykea J.
Industry: Computer Software

Mixed Feelings

Reviewed on 5/4/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

If you want a CRM to use internally... it’s great! Something for your client to interact with and great customization options... run.

Pros

It does have many different modules and features to choose from. You have the ability to create your own and your own relationship tables. I like the amount of data it can collect and how you can potentially use the CRM

Cons

Out of the Box, it’s great if you just want to setup. I ran into errors installing it on two different server spaces (1 host gator & 1 GoDaddy). I needed developer to fix it. I am not a fan of how it looks. In comparison to other CRMs it’s not that appealing and customizing it is not a user friendly job... you will need a developer. Another aspect is that the client facing interface isn’t built in.... for it to be CRM thy should be pretty standard but no where can I see how to have a client sign in... only users. So to me you would have to make each client a user for them to have a view. Also the ability to hide the module and tweak the menu isn’t fun. I wanted the one bar standard menu and just to have it listed like a nav bar without the drop down... it automatically make you have to have drop downs even with only 1 option.

Open Source, Yet Enterprise Ready

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

I've worked with SuiteCRM as a system administrator/user and as a software consultant implementing it for customers.

Pros

Feature packed, with a high degree of parity with commercial CRM systems, but with an open source development structure and LTS update cycle.

Cons

While I admire the commitment to open-source development, the zeal of the marketing emails and project leader sometimes feels a little extreme. I appreciate the passion, it's just a bit much sometimes. This doesn't seem to have a negative impact on the software, though.

Yasir afaque S.

This is the Best CRM software which is completely open-source on initial basis for a SoHo & Sme's

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 25/5/2018

Pros

This is the great CRM which is built on the sugar CRM Community Edition and is continuing the licence of open source for using under GPL licence which makes it easy and expandable for any small organisation to enhance its features as per their requirements without investing on the licence cost just they had to invest in the development part without licence purchase.

This is the CRM which is a standard model of a CRM that can be used with every organisation which has various modules of sales, marketing ,support, administration,etc.

This is totally compatible with the business model of supply chain .

I like very much about this software is the ease of use without any cost and that makes it very effective tool to be used in business it can also be enhanced as per the business model.

Cons

I dislike its integration feature and module creation because it releases very fast upgrades which is not possible for a development unit to upgrade its extra modules developed by inhouse frequently.

Raul F.

I would love if it worked out

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

Good idea, but in the free open source version without additional expenses, not working so good.

Pros

I like that the open source version has tons of functionalities from contact managment, to project managment, including billing. It has a fresh new good looking interface.

Cons

I installed the open source edition with a lot of enthusiasm. Latter I saw that connection with Gmail was not good in free version, and most of the basic features where or to complex to use, or not completelly developed on the free package. So I had to move, and leave what I think is the best open source project for CRM,

Ds K.
Industry: Wholesale

Best available for free

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 31/3/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Its one of the best Customer Realtionship Management software available in the market for free. Added features in the support version. Start-up can go for free and upgrade to the paid version.

Cons

Since I used the free version, I did not experience any flaw in this software.

Harshal G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Automate Operations Using Suite CRM For Free.

Reviewed on 18/6/2019

Great.

Pros

1. Customizable modules for all departments.
2. Free to use.
3. Live community for help.
4. CRM experts are available in India for any custom coding at $15/hour which is awesome.

Cons

1. Bad UI
2. Logical expressions cant be applied.

Industry: Public Safety

About What You'd Expect From A Free CRM

Reviewed on 16/2/2019

I am the admin of Suite CRM for my work place. Our sales team uses this platform to track leads, opportunities, and to generate quotes and invoices. We have imported our part numbers from Excel. It has allowed us to add custom fields and also allowed us to create custom pdf templates for the quotes. We use Suite CRM every day. We like that it is free and that we can host it in house as opposed to in the cloud. Overall it is easy to use, but not a perfect solution. Only certain fields can be flex related to other fields in other modules, so sometimes certain custom fields do not auto-populate. It does have nice in depth reporting and searching functionality. It has a lot of flexibility to make it work for your own unique business needs. The biggest draw back is lack of support and a ton of bugs in the code of both Suite CRM and the optional modules. A lot of time is spent debugging the platform and we are not programmers so sometimes fixing one bug leads to other bugs or can quickly cripple the system leaving it down for hours while we try to solve the bugs. Because it is such an important part of each call our sales team takes, it is a big deal when the system goes down. Because my main job function is not maintaining the CRM, it also means taking time away from other projects. Overall though; what do you expect for free? We are still satisfied and have been using Suite for several years now because it is free and full of flexible functionalities.

Pros

It's Free
Able To Host It On Your Own Server Instead of In The Cloud
It's Simple To Use
Ability To Create Your Own Modules
Lots Of Other Modules Are Available For Free or Paid In The Community
These Modules Allow You To Do Just About Anything With This CRM

Cons

Their Support Is Not Very Good - I Have Posted In Their Forums Seeking Support And Never Heard Back
They Don't Provide Phone Support For The Free Version
There Are A Lot Of Bugs In The Code
Sometimes Updates Fix One Bug and Break Another
You Have To Know Code To Fix All These Bugs
If You Don't Know What You're Doing You Can Mess Up The Code and Cripple The System

Tom V.

SuiteCRM flexible and dependable CRM

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

We use SuiteCRM as the central repository for Customer Care. We keep track of all contacts we have with them, planned and complete. This is an essential hub for our team to make sure that any contacts with customers are well-informed, including the latest communications that have happened. Emails flow into and out of SuiteCRM, so those streams are included, along with the Calls, Tasks, Campaigns, etc. SuiteCRM also connects with our sales automation platform (Act-On) so that leads can be followed up on, making the Customer Journey visible within one place.

Pros

SuiteCRM allows us to add custom fields and change practically every screen and view, as well as data exports. This is critical as we refine our processes and change direction, we are able to reflect those changes in the CRM that we are using. Because of its Open Source foundation, we can change things pretty deeply, if we choose to.

Cons

There are sometimes slowdowns that make for a bit of "click and wait" syndrome. These have usually resolved themselves; in some cases we've had to have our sysadmin dig in and adjust some things to speed it back up.