Netchex

Cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) software

4.5 /5 (121 reviews) Write a Review!

Jen M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Netchex has the best value with innovative products for the company and HR Administrators

Reviewed on 5/3/2020

Netchex has so many learning tools, one-on-one training and webinars to help you learn the products with a dedicated team of customer care representatives that are always willing to go above and beyond to provide knowledgeable instruction and advise. We couldn't have accomplished the growth in our company without these products. Our company goal is to be the leading employer in our area and Netchex/Hireology has been a huge factor in providing tools to make that happen.

Pros

The Netchex software has allowed the HR Administrative Team to streamline so many processes with the product suite available and the ability to integrate with industry leaders. With the NetGuide feature, our department has been able to onboard new hires more effectively and efficiently which gives a better overall first impression of our company allowing us to focus on training and welcoming new employees.
The NetAssist HR helps most managers and administrators keep track of HR tasks easily with a snapshot view of what needs to be performed.
The NetBenefits, NetCOBRA and ACA Central product has been a tremendous time and compliance life saver. Integration with our carriers has shaved hours of time off tracking a host of these tasks. It's all built in and easy to use!

Cons

The HR department really loves all the offered products, but there are some functions that we still need. There are ways to monitor when performance reviews are happening but not a way to tie the individual performance factors for each employee in the system. It would be nice to have this as a built in the system in the employee profile instead of on paper. There is no tracking mechanism built to record personnel improvement plans or warnings.
Initial set up and implementation is an extensive amount of work that was expected but exhausting for a 1 or 2 man team to stay on task and make deadlines. If considering Netchex, I would highly suggest that you assign an implementation team of 2-4 members to tackle.

Sally N.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Regret the Choice now

Reviewed on 10/1/2020

I have been with them for like 9 years now, and have explained above why I have been with them. I do not want to go thru the hassle and pain of transferring the enormous data over to a new software, waste of time, money, energy. But I might reach the end of my patience soon, and just move to another one.

Pros

Well, it is like any other payroll software. When I selected it about 9 years ago, I had other options, but their representative was very persistent and offered a good price. At that time, I used to travel often and was looking for a software where I could do my payroll online and this was one of the features offered, so I opted for it. Like I said there were options, and all the softwares I was looking at offered it, so it was a question of making a choice and I made it.

Cons

For about 8 years, we had the swipe clock, and there was definitely the issue of 'buddy punching', so we decided to do the biometric clock. Again, I had a couple of other options, but I am sure everyone is aware of how much time and energy goes into inputting data for all the employees. Only one of our companies has 100 employees and we have more than one. It is a laborious task, which I already went thru when I moved from another software to this one. It was a painful procedure, inputting socials, dates of birth, addresses, telephone numbers, exemptions and what have you. Having gone through it once, I wouldn't want to do it again, which is the only reason, I am hesitant to move to another company. Well my problems started when we moved to the biometric clock. Either they have not given us the right hardware, or I don't know. But almost every 2 weeks, I see the punches from the clock have not uploaded to the software. In the 8 years that I had the previous clock, it might have happened maybe 4 times, so an average of once in 2 years, that was ok right. But this is like once every 2 weeks, and I have informed them. they replaced the clock once, but the same thing is happening again, so maybe it is a software compatability. But if is frustrating. Wastes a lot of my time, and they don't seem to have an answer

Kelli M.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for Mid-Sized and Small Companies with Simple Payrolls

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

We went onboard with Netchex during a growing stage of our company. Netchex was ok for us and definitely filled a need and got us where we needed to go during that period of time and for that we are grateful. However, the payroll / benefits system was not setup with "effective dating" that worked while we were with them. Meaning, major updates like annual increases and open enrollment changes for our 4000 team members had to be frantically entered in the time between one payroll processing period's closing and the next payroll processing, which can be challenging when you have union and weekly locations. There also was no mass approval option for open enrollment, which was a major challenge on our benefits team. Multiple times we were told that the issue was fixed but it never worked properly while we were there, resulting each year in massive situations where either the new benefit rate would be applied too early or the old rate would apply too late, meaning lots of payroll corrections.

Again, their software would be just fine for a company that has a basic, uncomplex payroll with up to 1 or 2 thousand team members. We just outgrew their available functionality with our complex needs.

Pros

The simplicity of the software
Ease to use
Relatively easy to setup

Cons

Not easily scalable to company growth
Reporting is antiquated - must be an excel guru for reporting to be ok - Basic reports are fine but report writing tool is difficult to navigate and sometimes just doesn't work (times out trying to query)

Netchex makes my life easier

Reviewed on 14/2/2019

Pros

Very easy to navigate.
Many areas of our payroll go much quicker now that they are not as manual. We are able to upload data easily into payroll.
We love that employees easily have access to their information - whether it be a checkstub, W2 or direct deposit information.
Managers can quickly and easily approve/decline leave requests and then those approved populate into employee timecards.
Customer service is A+!!
Reporting is super easy and customizable.

Cons

I wish there was more detail in the accruals section.
Reports need to be able to drill down all the way to the position level.

Abigail H.

Very supportive staff even with the "little" things.

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

Pros

Pro: Can centralize a lot of the needs our company has. You can place all of employees forms and information in one place. You can smoothly transfer new hires into the system and even move them from one location to the next easily.

Cons

Con: Don't always have the luxury of being creative with some forms. When building the forms in the system for new applicants you are unable to be creative with the forms. Which can be a con. They do have pre-set options which makes decisions process easier but not always what you have built in your mind. They are great about working with you and building that across the seperate companies and they are easy to use for a new hire.

Chris M.

Easily used and understood by any employee

Reviewed on 7/3/2018

Great for seeing our team and how their over time or daily hours are coming in.

Pros

It's nice to be able to check your hours and also if you're in management to see what your team is doing daily. Also nice to have easy access to your I-9 and other important info

Cons

It's only as useful as your team lets it be. You need to have people who actively update it and use it correctly to see the best functionality from it

Landa D.
  • Industry: Banking

My experience with this software has been a great one. Awesome to be exact.

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

The benefits that we get from this software is amazing. We can get more work done in less time.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is user friendly. By using this software my everyday workload has become more efficient.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that there is not more educational videos and instructions. Other than that I really love this software.

Ashley H.
  • Industry: Printing

Best Customer Service!

Reviewed on 22/5/2019

Pros

Everything is easy to use and if I can't figure something out, the customer service team has been the best at walking me through step by step.

Cons

There are been features in established reports that I wish were available, but I can also create a custom report to get that information.

Olivia E.

We get All Star products and service for a negligible fee. We will never change payroll...

Reviewed on 6/10/2017

Pros

Netchex provides so many solutions to common problems for small businesses. If you need it chances are they have thought about it and perfected it. The best part though, is the customer service. You always get the answers you need when you need them. You can ALWAYS get someone on the phone to help.

Donna L.

NetChex has a lot to offer. Easy use of software. GREAT Customer Service.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017

Merging all three HR needs into one source (Payroll, Benefits and Time/Attendance).

Pros

The ability for employees to have everything on one system...Time and attendance, Payroll and Benefits.

Cons

Occassionally, I have run into a problem with how something is being done, the response I received, "the software can not do that" or "that is not how this works" . Then I am directed to the ideas field to input my suggestion, WHICH I don't receive a response for or don't see where any of the other users ideas are being used or being worked on.

Implementation for our company did not run as smoothly as I would have liked to have seen.

Judy A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Very easy to use and the support is great to help you when you have questions.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017

Pros

The product is very easy to use. Online documentation is a big help when you are not sure how a function works. The support team is very good to respond to your questions in a very timely manner when you have questions.

Netchex Review

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Pros

Employees see it as user friendly. Admin easy as well.

Cons

Need to be able to share reports. Would like to have an option for an attendance tracker since has Time Off Request.

Kayla P.

Great Company!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017

Learning about HR, great customer service, ease of use

Pros

Netchex Online is beyond easy to navigate. As someone just getting started in the HR world, Netchex has been my life saver! Their customer service has been nothing short of amazing, I call them on average about once per week. They never fail to have an answer for me, even if they have to dig to find what I'm looking for! I never have to wait any longer than a few hours to get what I need!

Lorraine A.

Netchex is the best and most unified HR system that I have used.

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

Pros

My favorite thing about Netchex is the Customer Service. There is always someone available to answer a question.

Cons

The only portion of Netchex that I have not been very pleasantly surprised by is the Scheduling system. We are a resort with many different departments and the scheduling system that Netchex currently has is not flexible enough to allow us to schedule the way we have been with outside scheduling software.

Rachel V.

Change for the Better!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

Pros

What I love most about the software is the NetHelp and training functions. Before you call customer service you can try to figure out the solution on your own which is definitely the most memorable method of learning in my opinion.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the initial wizard to manually onboard employees as well as the link that we send the employees to get into the system. The wizard isn't comprehensive enough and should prompt adding their accrual plan as well as their direct deposit. The initial email that it sends employees expires in 24 hours and so I am consistently having to resend it.

Vicky B.
  • Industry: Automotive

The Payroll System was not what it was promised to be!

Reviewed on 29/4/2021

I've currently ran 3 payrolls and they have been extremely challenging to complete.

Pros

The ease of clocking in for employees either on the phone APP or at their terminal.

When the payroll is finally completed, it is a bit more accurate than our previous software and takes less time to complete

Cons

The training was so less than what was expected. The guidebooks do not even show the applications that we need to use for our business and getting someone on the phone to help is next to impossible. You are at their mercy when you are at a standstill to answer your questions or fix mistakes when you need them.

Elisabeth J.

Being a novice I needed help to understand the world of salaries

Reviewed on 9/10/2017

Doing all the job for me and peace of mind when it comes to pay taxes!

Pros

The way the software answers to my questions by highlighting where to go and indicating what to do one step at a time
Easy, once you understand the shortcuts

Cons

The technical vocabulary ... it may need a lexicon over each specific word that appears whenever selected and needed. (Helping people new in business)

Ernest P.
  • Industry: Automotive

Netchex is cool but I don't like the recent update.

Reviewed on 26/4/2019

Overall it's a pretty usually software that I would recommend to anyone.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that its a cloud based software. It's really easy to use and its pretty simple. Great for small businesses.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the new software update. It kicks people out 3 times before it allows you to clock in. This needs to be fixed.

Ashley T.

It's great once you learn the system.

Reviewed on 6/10/2017

Pros

Quick to use and customer service is really great. I always get help immediately and everyone is always polite!

Cons

It's not very intuitive. It's hard to figure out what to do, but I guess that's where customer service comes into play

User Friendly

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Pros

I like how user friendly the program is. They are constantly making changes/upgrades to it and looking for ways to improve.

Cons

The only issue I have had with Netchex so far is that I don't like if you make a change to a bank account it doesn't show the change date so it looks like you were using that account when you weren't if you print the invoice.

Chiquita P.

I constantly have to manually enter information that I feel should be automated.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017

Pros

Support team responds quickly, making changes in employee profiles is fairly easy to do, variety of Netguide tasks available

Cons

Instructions are out of date, lack of future dating actions, no ability to make company changes across all employee profiles at one time, since the update a lot of admin reports and controls are no longer available, no ability to customize on-boarding to collect specific information our organizations needs.

John N.

Awesome overall Experience

Reviewed on 25/1/2018

It makes my life easy!

Pros

Their Customer Service and Support is the best I have seen both in knowledge and friendliness.
Their product is super easy to use.

Cons

If I had to come up with a con, their custom reports could be a little more user friendly. The good news is, that if you cant make your custom report do what you want, Customer Support will.

Jennifer S.

Netchex Review

Reviewed on 13/1/2020

There is so much training out there! The staff is so helpful. My wish list for the software includes pop up announcements when logging in or using time clock. There should be some calendar integration with Microsoft Outlook calendar (many managers like to see calendars integrated with that on their cell phones). Benefits software needs to be upgraded and more user friendly. Open enrollment through Netchex is not the easiest. Also, there should be a texting feature. In the event of vital information needing to get out to all active employees blanket push texts would be great.

Pros

Customer Service is EXCEPTIONAL! The self-training features are fabulous! I like benefit carrier connections for benefits and open enrollment. I love not having to input information into the medical carrier. Reporting is so much easier as well and I can make my own reports.

Michelle W.

The ease of use with Netchex was apparent from the beginning!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

There are things that presented challenges early on that have been changed and simplified over time. I am sure there is room for expansion and growth but, the team at Netchex seems to work diligently to stay at top of the game!!

Pros

From an Administrator stand point, Netchex works well and was easy to pick up! From the side of the End User, I think this product is fabulous!! The security enhancements added recently have given me a sense of security that was questioned before. I love the fact that I am able to access my check stubs, W-2's and other information I haven't been able to access with previous employers. While I know there are many companies out there that offer this type of service, the support with Netchex has been impeccable!! The product overall has served us well and we look forward to continuing to grow with Netchex into the future!

Laura D.

Outstanding Company Providing the Very Best Human Resources and Payroll Administration Services

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Netchex is WONDERFUL! I have now used Netchex for approximately 7 years. Netchex was the company we used at my previous employer, and after coming to my current job, I knew we needed them here too. The program we were using was obsolete, and I had already seen what Netchex could do and how great they are. It wasn't long before we had them here, and everyone has been continuously impressed by the services they provide. Back when the new ACA regulations went into place and even now with the whole COVID-19 situation, Netchex just continues to knock it out of the park.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It makes our jobs in HR/Payroll hassle free.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of one thing that I do not like about this software.