PureVPN

Secured VPN service offering limitless, anonymous web access

4.3 /5 (65 reviews) Write a Review!

Most secured and featured VPN connectivity service

Reviewed on 4/5/2019

Pros

Apart from my other works, I usually spend my time on the internet to find suitable items, softwares, products, informations and other things for my business. And while doing that, I generally visit many sites on the internet which are either unsafe or non-trustable, in this case I never want my internet connectivity information and other private data to be revealed to the sites or otherwise my information could be stolen , so I definitely need a VPN to hide my real information and PureVPN is the all which works best for me. PureVPN is really easy to use and has a great user interface. It's connectivity is really fast than other Vpn apps out there and it never disconnects automatically like some other apps I used in past.
PureVPN provides fast connection Ips and they are so much secured . With PureVPN I can get into sites which are actually non-accessible for me. PureVPN provides many features which are generally not provided by other VPN connectivity apps like Split Tunning.
I can even run one PureVpn account on upto five devices but I generally run it on two devices ie on my Windows Desktop and Android Smartphone.

Cons

PureVPN provides so many features but still some of the features are available only after the premium expansion. And the problem is that if you aren't a regular user, the premium pricing will feel you like its useless for you because its somewhat expensive and you generally don't use it all the time

Harmandeep S.

PureVPN is a decent vpn choice for medium size industry!

Reviewed on 15/1/2018

Pros

750+ servers in 141 countries
Five simultaneous connections
Support for OpenVPN, Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)/Internet Protocol Security (IPSec), Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP), and Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) VPN protocols
WiFi security
Dedicated IP
NAT firewall
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection

Cons

IPv6, DNS and WebRTC leaks detected
Connection issues on select servers
Many complaints
Hard to verify security features and claims

Rachelle G.

Helps keeps your connection secure

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

We are not worried about our data privacy when using PureVPN.

Pros

We like that PureVPN is a simple and accessable VPN service which can keep our devices secure on unknown networks.

Cons

Some countries can detect and block the VPN service.

Ryan L.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

I'm on the VPN fence about this VPN

Reviewed on 22/7/2020

Overall it's worked for me, but I don't know too much about them as mentioned. I want to know more about their data trafficking, user data retention and general user information sharing. Therefore, I'm still on the fence about PureVPN.

Pros

This VPN is quite simple to setup. They have a very easy to use UI, makes other VPN's seem more difficult to use. It works well, connects quickly, masks your IP and keeps you feeling more secure.

Cons

I don't really know them. I've had mixed reactions from their support team. They're helpful, and at times unresponsive, then at times they're very responsive, so there's definite levels of inconsistency I'm not too happy about.

Brian K.

Honestly it's an average OK experience

Reviewed on 4/7/2018

Good protection and privacy from the internet

Pros

It's a cheap and affordable solution. Install, logon to the appropriate location, and I am well-protected from prying "eyes" of the internet. It has a number of locations which I can logon remotely, and I can configure it to auto-login upon computer startup.

Cons

But...it can be slow in connecting to international servers. Sometimes, it takes a while to locate the nearest and right servers remotely. Worse thing is that I found out that it causes conflicts with my local internet connection. (for my case, not sure if this is a common issue for other users) I had to troubleshoot and ultimately I discovered that PureVPN is the culprit.

It also can cause conflicts with chrome extensions when enabling PureVPN extension in Chrome browsers. Hence, I had to disable it in order to get things working properly again. What a letdown sometimes!

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

It works like a VPN should

Reviewed on 2/6/2019

It’s a decent VPN and will do the job if you are just looking to keep yourself private online

Pros

Keeps my web browsing private and lets me turn on and off when needed

Cons

Customer service is slower than I had hoped for

• Industry: Higher Education

I used this to surf the Internet

Reviewed on 14/4/2018

Pros

I compared a lot of VPNs and I thought this one competitively priced compared to some of the others.

Cons

Even though this VPN was priced better than many others, I did not work as smoothly and was not as easy to use.

Gabriel G.

Best VPN EVER!!!

Reviewed on 21/6/2015

Everytime I have a problem, they can fix it, they are so knowledgeable and friendly. They are my first VPN service and hopefully my last. :)

Juan carlos G.

Simple and clean VPN

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

This is an amazing piece of sotware it does what it sais, its fast and reliable. Also it pass througth most of internet restrictionsn in my work netfwork and allow me to privatly navigate thorugth the internet. I love it <3

Pros

Easy setup
Several servers (republica dominicana server rules)
Fast conection
Pass througth internet restrictions
Allows me to play league of legends
can use on more that 1 machine.

Cons

Its a bit expensive but it is worth.
Some times disconect but it quickly reconect.

Bima n. A.

Good Server with PureVPN

Reviewed on 5/4/2018

PureVPN have promo like lifetime.
so. i recommended take it before gone :)

Pros

I have paid vpn.
1. Have many server
2. Stable server
3. Always low ping
4. Have catagory for manage you want used.

Cons

I have paid vpn. i never have problem using this vpn.
so, for me is most good vpn, i recommended for you.

Ruben O.
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

great speed and run safe

Reviewed on 25/8/2020

very useful and high responsivity but limited to five device connected simultaneously

Pros

they have excellent speed affordable with average prices , they have good capability to manage the privacy with encryted and tunneling concepts

Cons

the customer service have a lack to answer a lot of questions , the speed decrease if you need more encryted data

Monday A.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

PureVPN is one of the best VPN I have used

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

PureVPN is good and they provide good service because they offer one of the best services out there and equally have a good customer care agents who can help you out when you have any issues with using their services. I will continue using PureVPN for now and I do hope they continue improving their services to satisfy clients needs.

Pros

PureVPN turns out to be one of the best I have used and still using it because I bought their 2 years plan few months back and have been enjoying it. Their customer service is very fast to attend to queries and get any problem solved. The anonymity level of any of their VPN servers is always beyond average and on most servers that I use I do get 100%. PureVPN I can simply say is the best VPN for me that I have and equally affordable than other VPN services and they equally have a dedicated IP for personal use. I will recommend this VPN service to anyone interested in getting a VPN for personal use.

Cons

PureVPN is good but one thing I rarely don't like about their service is not allowing users of their service to download their various applications without having to login. This happened to me when I wanted to download their iOS app but it prompt me to the order page for me to purchase because I was not logged in. I will suggest they make their app available for download without having to login to their website. Though all servers that I have used none was blacklisted but some are really not fast and slow down internet connection.

Carl G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Wide variety of servers in the world.

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

Excellent for maintaining privacy and protection. It has many quality servers in the main countries and cities of the world.

Pros

The additional personal IP location service is effective for accessing the Streaming pages and the connection speed is high. Fully encrypt your geolocation and IP address.

Cons

The Android application has interruptions and Internet speed is also a bit affected. Sometimes problems arise with connection protocols, however, the support service is fast and live. Additional services make the monthly payment expensive compared to other VPN programs.

David O.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Very robust, easily configured VPN product

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

It has been a great tool for my associates to use when not wanting to advertise what City/State they are connected from.

Pros

PureVPN provides total anonymity to your connection to the Internet. It can be used to mask Geo-locating and other Internet tools trying to pin down where you are connected.

Cons

Very few. There are certain locations in Asia that advertise as ready to connect, but the attempts time out. I very minor annoyance at worst.

Opeyemi O.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Purevpn review

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

Pros

Protocol support; pure vpn is one of the very few in its category that supports a wide variety of protocols, ranging from ipsec to pptp all in a bid to provide a strong online security presence and unmatched speed.
Encryption; due to a common attack popularly referred to as the bruge force attack, purevpn based its services on a 256bit encryption which is the standard for fighting against the earlier mentioned menace.
Advanced features; as against some other vpn networks out there, pure vpn has a list of extended features that ranges from kill switch to multiple connection support.
Torrent supporr; despite the fact that the powers that be are working against torrenting as of recent, the devlopers of purevpn fully support the idea of torrenting and this vpn is torrent friendly.

Cons

Download speed; sometimes the speed of coping something off the internet gets irritably slow and unbearable.
Customer service; the customer service assistant representatives working over there at purevpn have no grasp on what's going on with their company as they are barely helpful with queries.
Logs policy; purevpn claims to be conscious of your security by not keeping track of whatever it is you do, it's a big fat lie as they do in some way store your activities.

Chris W.

Nicely built VPN with great service

Reviewed on 9/3/2018

Really nice for our needs!

Pros

Literally works every time - no issues. There are many different servers available which is always a bonus. I like the ease of use and the yearly cost to reduce the overall price.

Cons

Although a little slow at times to respond, the customer service was good. Smartphone apps are a little iffy.

Rivaldo B.
  • Industry: Higher Education

You must use it!

Reviewed on 2/8/2019

Pros

Very easy and simple to use. There are various features that can facilitate VPN access.

Cons

Country access is not too complete and connections are often broken.

Harold V.

Good VPN software, but my experince was regular with this software. The functionality is low,...

Reviewed on 29/5/2018

Pros

Good VPN for some applications for navigate with ip from another countries. Easy to use, It does not require a lot of resources.

Cons

I used this software to see Netflix content from another country, but it was impossible because The VPN was detected. Also, the bandwidth is low.

Candace C.

Seamless service

Reviewed on 21/6/2015

After the initial difficulty getting online with this service (seems everything is case sensitive), it has worked flawlessly. In their example of how to set it up, there seems to be a mistake. One show the sign in as VPN while another shows Vpn. Only one works. After you get the correct one, it works great. Also just chatted with customer service and they were more than helpful (Dmitry).

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

VPN with speed

Reviewed on 1/12/2018

Pros

Performance with P2P is awesome (where most other VPN suffers).

Streaming speed is also great as I was able to watch movies on Netflix without any buffer issues.

Cons

Don't have any VPN servers in Onatrio Canada.

Mikhail K.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

My PureVPN experience

Reviewed on 21/9/2018

The free option is not so useful for me, as I wan not able to connect to free servers, so I chose another App for iOS.

Pros

User-friendly interface, different protocol options, on-demand connect.

Cons

Almost all servers are available only for premium account.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Budget VPN at Cost of Speed

Reviewed on 8/4/2021

Acceptable, but disappointing considering I paid less than $15 a year for five years of service I am not going to complain too much.

Pros

It is typically the most inexpensive option for your personal use, it does provide worldwide VPN addresses to assist you in getting foreign content through streaming apps, protects you identity while on the go. It does what you'd want a VPN to do

Cons

Some of the most unimpressive speeds when connected I've ever dealt with, sometimes it feels like dial-up. I have a fiber connection and it cuts it to 1/20 the speed at times and even free vpns tend to have better speed.

Another app with great promises and almost 0 delivery

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

For the first several months I was a happy user until the day I had to contact the support for an issue restricting me to use the service.

Pros

I give them the credit that the desktop app is made to look shiny and modern. On first sight it look like you have plentiful of options to choose different servers and locations. Overall it has a good touch to detail.

Cons

There are a few things that I really did not like about this software.
First of all sometimes I need to connect to a different server on the same location and obtain different IP for testing purposes, but this feature is not present unfortunately. While everything is working and you don't need to contact the support everything is fine, but if you do, don't expect fast answer and resolution of your issue. I've had to send multiple tickets for the same issue, followed the instructions that the support agent gave me with no result. Just to get on live chat so the other agent can ask me to do the same thing over again. After I explained to him that I've already made all those steps, he instructed me to do another thing, which is great, but in the middle of the conversation he just cut the chat saying that they will contact me over email. I guess it's just that his shift was over and he wouldn't bother to explain.

Upendra R.

Value for money but quality could have been better

Reviewed on 4/2/2021

I'm a marketer and I use this tool to see local search results from a variety of places in the world. So lack of servers around the world bugs me. If you are one who don't want to experience the web from around world you wouldn't have much problem.

Pros

The Pricing for which I got the product was a decision maker for me. Plus I like how I can use Google Chrome extension in one chrome user account and browse the normal internet in another chrome user or you can access internet from any part of world in Mozilla using extension and browse normal local web in chrome.

Cons

Less number of servers and unavailability of servers in coutries like Russia, China, various gulf countries. Also the speed of browsing is not that good.

Scott U.

PureVPN for Super Secure Privacy

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

I found PureVPN easy to use. It is one of the most popular VPN's on the market, and they are constantly improving it. At the time I originally purchased it, it was limited to a few devices, but it now supports everything from pc's to Amazon Firesticks. It has an internet kill switch to take down your internet if there is a disruption or senses something isn't quite right. Technical support is fast and very easy to deal with. I didn't find that it slowed down my internet at all, which is one of the things I was looking for when purchasing a VPN. It works on almost any os device you can think of. I like that I can go into a coffee shop turn it on and feel I am surfing safely. I found the setup and initial configuration on my laptop pretty easy, as well as on my phone. I would highly recommend this app to anyone looking to protect themselves on the internet.

Pros

- Able to securely surf the web
- Multiple options to select which country you were connecting from
- Supported multiple devices
- Easy payment options such as paypay, credit card, and gift cards.
- Multiple device support for same account
- Able to securely surf the net from local wifi
- Easy to navigate UI

Cons

- Cost is a little steep compared to other app
- A little difficult to configure to work with third party apps