Adobe Creative Cloud Express Reviews

Adobe Creative Cloud Express

4.6 (1,168)
Write a Review!
Free social media content maker software

(1,168)
4.5/5

Ada Jocabeth
Ada Jocabeth
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A great educational resource!

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

I have been using Adobe Spark as a tool in my everyday classes, for example, like a student portfolio or digital scrapbook where I can check my student's posts and keep track of their creative activities. Personally, I use some of the templates as activities with my students and to share my art with engaiging posts. The free version is very useful, but I recommend purchasing the Adobe package, as it comes as part of it.

Pros

Adobe Spark allows me to create easily all kinds of projects, like web pages, flyers, slides, banners, videos, and much more. It's accessible from any device PC, Chromebook, and even your mobile phone. It already has a lot of beautiful premade designs and templates, The best part is that lets you share them directly on any social media with a predetermined size for better quality. With the free trial app, anyone can download it and use it for free.

Cons

It's not very detailed for video editing but is very easy to make short videos with pictures and subtitles.

Noah
  • Industry: Media Production

Adobe Creative Cloud Express (Formerly Adobe Spark) is Better than Canva

Reviewed on 20/6/2022

Frankly, I've quite enjoyed it. I recommend them over their competitor, Canva. Both Express and Canva do virtually the same thing, but Express has a few integrations with other Adobe products that makes it worth using instead of Canva (if you have the CC subscription). Plus, if you don't have the CC subscription, a subscription to Express is cheaper than Canva.

Express is a powerful, browser-based image (and I guess video, though that's not it's best feature) editor capable of producing professional-style images for business cards, social media, graphics, and more.

Pros

The software is simple, and easy to use. Upon logging in, I was able to go through a bunch of prebuilt templates, establish my brand identity (colors, upload fonts, logos, etc.) and begin creating graphics.

I am a huge fan of the interface, and I enjoy the extraordinarily powerful background-remover tool. It is almost always accurate, and causes graphic creation to be quite simple.

There's a button called, "Brandify" which will automatically insert your colors, logo, and fonts into the picture you've created (or the template you've grabbed) which makes for very quick creation/editing of graphics.

I primarily use CC Express for social media graphics, and I'll say that I personally think that they're better than their competitor, Canva. Both offer nearly the same tools, and Canva is just a little bit simpler, but CC Express is cheaper by a bit ($100 for a year subscription vs. Canva's $120). But the reason I prefer CC Express to Canva is that it integrates with the Adobe suite in small quality of life things that make using this software with other products very easy and compatible.

Cons

There's really only two things I dislike about this software.

First off, it has video editing capabilities. The video editing is primarily for social media graphics, though you can do some full-blown video editing. The thing is, most people likely have this product through the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. If you do, you might as well use Premiere Rush or Premiere Pro, which are Adobe's video editors. Rush is a more powerful version than the one within Express, yet a simpler version of Pro. I don't see a use for the video editing when it's already in it's other products.

The load times can be horrendous. Most of the time I have no issues, but when I do have a loading issue, it can take minutes (the longest I've waited is 10 minutes to log in). This is rare, but it's always extremely inconvenient when it does happen. Also, if you're editing something and then your internet "hiccups" and connection changes for any reason, a popup will occur and tell you to refresh the page. Since the software saves automatically as you make edits, this generally isn't an issue. Though, occasionally, it will lose progress after a refresh, and you'll have to redo some work.

Heidi
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Misleading Introductory Random Photo Collage Generator with Multiple Photo Upload Feature

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Spark was great, until I committed to using the software and the features I started using Spark for were no longer available, even under a higher priced tier.

Pros

It was very easy to use during prior to my workspace "becoming established." Other

Cons

Adobe Spark initially allowed me to create randomly generated multiple photo collages (which I could upload the photos all at once) for social media posting. This took me less than a minute. I used Spark to put together collages with 10-14 photos weekly for about six weeks. This I learned is available as a website promotion only (https://www.adobe.com/express/create/photo-collage "Design your free collage now"), since randomly generated multiple photo upload collages are not available for established users of Spark once your "desktop is established" according to the Adobe Spark Insiders FB Group. Now every photo must be uploaded individually, and there is no template to randomly generate a collage with pictures of different sizes/aspects, taking more than 15 minutes to do the exact thing I was previously doing in under one. This feature is the reason why I started using Spark. This style template for uploading multiple photos at once to create a random collage should be available to "established users of Spark." I will be finding another platform to use until this tease feature is an actual feature for people that actually commit to using Spark.

Evan
  • Industry: Entertainment

Everything you need all in one app

Reviewed on 26/2/2024

Overall it’s good. I love the quality of work that comes from adobe.

Overall it’s good. I love the quality of work that comes from adobe.

Pros

I like that I have access to numerous templates and access to video and photo editing rolls all in one place

Cons

The cost is a bit steep but it’s ok to deal with

Linda
Linda

Super easy! Design elements for the classroom!

Reviewed on 10/6/2021

Great tool for small businesses and for education. Very simple to use and there are tons of templates and tutorials, plus a huge image collection. In education, my students created several marketing materials and created a portfolio of their work, and for small business it will be great for social media, websites and blogs.

Pros

Adobe Spark has a range of functionality for design. From infographics to web pages, digital portfolios, slideshow videos and social media posts. All of these elements are fantastic for building assets for education and for student demonstration of knowledge.

Cons

When adding assets to a Spark webpage that are designed in Spark, you must first download the item as an image (infographics, social media posts, menus, posters, etc) before adding them to the Adobe Spark webpage. If it had a drag and drop function it would be very convenient.

Josh
Josh

Another Beautiful, Well-Functioning Adobe Product for Social Media and Website Graphic Design

Reviewed on 19/11/2021

Overall, I am so thankful for Adobe Spark because its design elements and tools are just superior and exceptional, wide-ranged, and varied enough to suit any design need or aesthetic.

Pros

Adobe Spark has been instrumental lately in the graphic design I've needed for my newer website. I've been designing a 90's style theme for an education business and have needed social media updates and designs as well as graphic elements to add to my website and advertising for my website. Adobe as always hits the mark with beautiful designs and templates, stock photos, and ideas that can be edited nicely as well.

Cons

The only con is that also like other Adobe products, there is a learning curve, although much less of one with this particular product than with what I've seen in Illustrator, for example.

David
David
  • Industry: Photography

A huge time saver

Reviewed on 21/8/2022

It's become my go-to for fast media posts.

It's become my go-to for fast media posts.

Pros

I discovered this a few months ago, and immediately dropped several other paid apps in favor of this one.

Scheduling across many social media platforms is the key for me.

Cons

Easier to use images I've already uploaded. I have multiple Facebook pages, but because FB and Instagram are linked, I can't upload to the correct Instagram account.

• Industry: Higher Education

Effective tool for quick graphic and video design that shines at paid tier

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Adobe Spark provides everything that other free web design services provide, but the paid tier's branding tools and video options make it a better option for departments looking to invest in a simple design platform.

Pros

- Incorporation of motive and intended outcome into design elements
- Brand tools included as part of paid tier, including custom color and font uploads

Cons

- Intrinsic tie to the Adobe Creative Cloud service at paid tier
- Free tier requires advertising mark on videos

Serena
Serena
  • Industry: Online Media

Adobe Spark Is A Game Changer For Creators

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

Overall, I’m very happy with Adobe Spark. My projects look more professional; they’re easier to create; and it takes less time than my previous go-to app.

Pros

I love the user-friendliness.
Spark Post is my new go-to app, and I use it every day. Spark Page and Spark Video are also super easy to navigate.

Cons

The stock photos and template selections have room for improvement. Most of the options can also be found in other apps. With the vast resources at Adobe’s disposal, I think there should be a better and more exclusive selection.

Matej
Matej
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great for Social media posts and flyers

Reviewed on 9/5/2023

It saves me a lot of time.

It saves me a lot of time.

Pros

It is a tool that is really easy to use. It doesn't replace a designer, but when one is not available, Adobe Creative cloud offers a variety of great, professional templates.

Cons

Some fonts don't support central European letter/signs.

Adobe puts the creative into this nice compact package

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

I used a well know desktop / app editing suite when I first started as a consultant but because I got express in with my main package, at no extra cost, I started to try it out and moved completely to express within a month. Been using this now for over 2 years.

Pros

I've been with this package for a number of years - almost from the start. I've seen a number of great features added and only recently they have brought in direct scheduling to social media.

I particularly like the predesigned sizes for posts and the ability to take a design you have made and convert it to a template.

Working for different clients, I can also set up their brand colours, fonts and styles and quickly switch between or or another.

The app version is also great for taking posts you have created and animating them quicker than using the desktop version.

I use this across mac, windows and ipad.

Great facebook support group too.

Cons

I have the full desktop package for adobe which is how I got into using express however my only issue is that I have to pay extra to access it on the ipad. A pity that isn't included by I get that it's a different platform.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Express was included in my adobe package at no cost

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Express was included in my adobe package at no cost
Rachel

So good for creators!!!

Reviewed on 21/3/2022

It's been really good!! I am super happy with it and will continue to be an adobe customer.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and there's not really much of a learning curve.

Cons

I wish there were even more premade templates

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Because I use other Adobe products and it was easier to have them all integrated

Pontsho

Thevisionarycreation

Reviewed on 12/3/2020

My overall experience is a 10/10 because it's just wonderful.

My overall experience is a 10/10 because it's just wonderful.

Pros

Spark is one of those platforms for creators like myself because it brings spark in my designs.

I love everything that I'm speechless to even say much...

Cons

There's not much criticism the only problem is that on the mobile app there could be some more developments because it's slow.

I use both the PC and Mobile because I am always designing so the Mobile is being creative on the go. If it could be more fast then I'd be more happier.

Claudinilson

The Best option for any type of content producer!!!

Reviewed on 15/1/2023

I like it a lot, the whole ecosystem is from Adobe

I like it a lot, the whole ecosystem is from Adobe

Pros

the ease of finding everything in one place, without much effort.

Cons

could provide some more functions for free, for new users to test.

Matthew
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Adobe Spark Review

Reviewed on 26/4/2020

Adobe Spark was a great tool overall and provided me with an array of content for all kinds of social media postings. I had been used to other platforms such as canva but their selection of content was not up to par with Spark.

Pros

Adobe Spark offered me good pre-made content that was easily changeable for my uses. It offered me a hub for video creation, social media content for posting, and a photo collage feature that looks phenomenal on LinkedIn for me to tell a story. Spark easily saves my content automatically so my work is never lost as well, and it's a good advantage they have over their competitors.

Cons

One thing I found to be dissatisfying about the Spark experience was when I was adding music to my videos. It didn't allow me to properly adjust the volume of the music if I had imported my own music. This in turn, did not allow audio to be heard from properly from other media that was imported to the video.

Abel

Adobe CC Express is ,the ONE!!

Reviewed on 8/6/2023

For me, one of the most valuable aspects of the software is its seamless integration with different applications. I appreciate its ability to provide easy access to my files and projects from anywhere via cloud storage. This feature is highly useful as it enables me to work on my projects from multiple devices, eliminating the need for constant file transfers or manual syncing. The convenience and flexibility this provides is a significant advantage for me, as I often need to access my work while on-the-go.

Pros

I am really satisfied with the diverse range of creative tools that Adobe Creative Cloud offers. The software provides a comprehensive selection of features that cater to various creative needs, including image and video editing, graphic design, and animation. I find this versatility particularly helpful as it enables me to complete my creative projects in one platform, rather than having to switch between different applications. This all-in-one solution simplifies my workflow and helps me achieve my creative goals more efficiently, which is a significant advantage for me.

Cons

I find that cloud software launchers consume too much memory and CPU, which can be frustrating as I prefer not to have unnecessary processes running in the background. It would be great if I could have a local license with a weekly internet connection renewal instead of relying solely on the cloud. Additionally, having multiple instances of the software for personal and school work can negatively impact my cloud sharing functionality, and I wish there was a universal subscription to cover both.

Nicole
  • Industry: Publishing

Easiest Program for Creating Pinterest Images

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Adobe Spark has enabled me to create pinnable images for my website that are in line with my brand image quickly . This has saved me valuable time. Especially when I need to create new relevant graphics when I update blog posts or as seasons and trends change.

Pros

This software is just so simple to use. Once you set up branding - your fonts, logos, brand colors, etc. It's so easy so create branded graphics; especially pinterest graphics with a photo and text overlay.

Cons

When I first began using this software I was unsure because it lacked some features that other programs I've used had. Such as being able to drag and drop shapes, frames etc. HOWEVER, after some time I was happy these features were gone . It simplified the graphic creating processing and saved me time. For graphics that needed more complex tools, I opened and edited the image in Adobe Photoshop but I only need those features maybe 5% of the time.

PicMonkey and Canva

mohamad
mohamad
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

For me, as a person who used this app for design for 2 years I think is very good and easy to...

Reviewed on 7/7/2023

For me, as a person who used this app for design for 2 years and as a graphic designer who design simple designs like simple logos, social media posts, and posters, I think it's helpful, easy to use, and good.

Pros

This app is so simple and easy to use, and all that designers need to do basic designs like logos or social media posts designs or posters, or whatever, like shapes, types of text, and colors are available in this application, this app also gives you the availability of edit photos and it's for free and without any Ads, so you can work comfortably.

Cons

There is some problem with this app, like when you download the designs as PNG or JPG files they are of low quality, and about design assets that help with design, they are so many of them not available like logos of some companies like Instagram logo or Facebook and more and I think they should be available, like they are important to put them in business card or posters or social media designs.

Amr
  • Industry: Higher Education

Impressive Content Creation Platform.

Reviewed on 27/4/2022

As an instructional designer, I use Adobe Creative Cloud Express In digital literacy courses. It is an easy-to-use content creation tool that helps learners demonstrate their digital skills by creating multimedia content, collaborating with peers, and sharing their work on social media or the platform they like.

Pros

Adobe Creative Cloud Express is easy to use and allows for creating the most needed content types like web pages, videos, and social media posts.

It has a rich digital assets library and custom templates for every content type. Also, it has seamless integration with the world’s top cloud platforms

The platform has AI features that suggest themes, color patterns, and pictures based on the design users are creating.

Cons

Not much. But it would be great if Adobe Creative Cloud Express for Education were available for free in more regions.

Microsoft Sway
Alicia
Alicia
  • Industry: Automotive

Absolutely love!

Reviewed on 4/8/2022

Pros

Adobe CC recently acquired ContentCal late last year and re-launched the platform as a part of Adobe Express (previously Adobe Spark). The schedule function within the platform is absolutely beneficial and as a current Adobe Creative Cloud user, this is a massive green tick to have this function included in my subscription. After experiencing issues with our previous provider, we were on the hunt for a new social scheduler and lo and behold, Adobe had just launched this product. This feature gives users the ability to create content and allocate to the "unscheduled" area of the platform. This is awesome for banking content or drafts that may need approval from others. I look forward being able to seamlessly create and store QR codes in the future too!

Cons

They're still in early stages of development and I am aware that it is in the works, but being able to review analytics for social performance is one function that I am very much looking forward to.

Adam
Adam

Does what it does, and nothing else...

Reviewed on 1/3/2019

When people ask me what Spark is, I usually tell them that "it's Canva, but turned up to 11". But to be honest, I think Canva is a little more flexible.

I am probably just bitter because I have spent the last 10 years trying to hone my design ability, recreating what my role models created, and trying to create a visual-voice for myself, but Spark feels very limiting to me. I often feel like I can get 80% of what I want.

The templates usually make me think of a tween girl or fashion blog style. That's not bad, but I feel frustrated when I try to break outside of the templates.

I have become very flexible jumping between different softwares to create a new design on the go, and I ultimately do not prefer Spark for this reason. Spark is intended to be a one stop software, which is great. It's just not for me.

Spark is very easy to use, and I think it would be great for creators that want to add a little professional flair to their work. Designers and marketing teams should probably avoid Spark. That being said, I think they offer a free tier or free month, so it's easy to give a try.

Pros

Quick. That's the keyword. If you are wanting to make something that looks professional, clean, and do it in less than an hour, then Adobe Spark is great.
Hundreds of templates for you to pick from.
Good font selection.
Image library is great, but see the cons section...
So so so easy to learn.

Cons

It's hard to express the specific struggles when using Spark, but I think most of them are me.

I want Spark to act more like Canva, Illustrator or Photoshop. Spark is none of those.

A typical work flow for me is 1) think about my audience 2) research other people's designs 3) create a prototype with my phone or photoshop, usually grabbing pics from unsplash 4) refine until it matches my visions. Spark is more about looking at their images and templates and selecting what will fit your needs.

If you have a specific vision that you are trying to capture, I think you will run into the same problem. If you are open minded to using templates, Spark may be fore you.

Avash
Avash
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Tool that allows you to create awesome contents for web.

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

I have used Adobe Spark for a long time and I love the well-designed templates they have. The interface can probably be improved to make it easier for people to make designs. Although, using it and making designs is already easy - I hope they improve interface as I believe it is possible to Improve.

I think Adobe Spark is a great tool for non-designers like me as it is easy to create designs on own that look awesome using templates created by some of the world's best designers.

Pros

I mostly use Adobe Spark as a social media content designing tool. Creating an Instagram post is as simple as browsing the internet. I can simply click on templates I want to use and then - edit them easily. Spark also gives you business tips and others while the template is loading so you don't get bored and learn something new. There are tons and tons of well-designed and carefully crafted templates that can increase engagement in social media.

I also like that we can create videos for social media easily using Adobe Spark.

Unlike most Adobe Softwares - Spark can be used online without downloading. It also syncs projects across all devices - which is a feature that I really like.

The best thing about Spark is that you get well-crafted designs made by awesome designers from Adobe for a very low price - and edit them easily to reflect your ideas.

Cons

I think the interface lacks a little - else there is nothing to dislike about Adobe Spark.

I feel that Spark is based on features of Photoshop which are very simple that even a person without any past experience will be able to create a good looking design. I feel that the interface is a bit confusing for first-time users and can be improved.

Lee
Lee

Great value design suite

Reviewed on 17/6/2022

I've had to learn the apps I use from scratch, but the tutorial videos are top-notch.

Pros

It's really easy to use and looks beautiful. You can add or remove apps with ease, and it's really affordable.

Cons

There have been quite a few glitches. Recently I had to spend an hour figuring out why I couldn't export GIFs from photoshop. But the Adobe help centre had the solution.

Russell
Russell

I love Adobe Spark!

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

I really enjoy using Adobe Spark! I use this to allow students to build simple videos that documents their work (i.e., a lab report with procedures) and create simple informational videos (i.e., biographies, research topics, etc.). Adobe Spark is also great to use for personal use (i.e., family videos of the weekend, photos from the past year, etc.). Love it!

Pros

I love Adobe Spark! Period. I know there's a graphics features, but I primarily use and love the video builder. It's a great video making tool for teachers, students, or even personal use. It's simple to use, all you have to do is drop in images and pictures, set a few features, and voila! You have an impressive video to document student projects, research topics, or even personal life events. I love that it's free, first off. I also enjoy that they have a good variety of customization and features - they have songs to use, format/transitions, and templates, and good background music to make it complete. You can also add voice over which is neat for students as they create products. I also like that it can be easily shared to Google Drive or downloaded. Awesome tool for the classroom and personal use!

Cons

I honestly do not have any complaints. Adobe Spark exceeds my expectations!

Lilly

App to easily create your brand, website layouts, stories, logo's

Reviewed on 9/1/2021

OVerall, I love it. I decided to go with the paid version of Adobe Creative Cloud. I really just wanted photo shop and few other things. Adobe doesn't have just a 1 time license fee anymore. You hae to do monthly fees. Expensive but worth it if you are creating projects daily.

Pros

Ease of use is number 1. Staying organized made easy for anyone wanting to create, publish, blogs, web pages, magazines, cards. I had so many ideas I always would forget about them and don't know where to start. Spark features a tab simply called Projects. Now when ever I have an idea pop in my head, I just open up spark and create a new web page layout with the basicas of what's on my mind for that project.

Cons

Free version has watermark advertisements. The monthly cost is expensive unless you are constantly creating new projects, blogs, web site layouts.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Ease of use. Plenty of online Tutorials.