Gillian R.
  • Industry: Media Production

Waste of time !!!

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

To sum it up, this app is expensive, time consuming and with a whole lot of restrictions. If someone’s subscribed to a monthly fee, they should have access to all the features and something has to be done about how slow it is when you have to preview every scene!

Pros

I’m still waiting for my video to be exported.

Cons

This is the worst software ever! It’s a complete waste of time..Unlike other softwares I’ve used, this took me more than a minute literally to edit each scene and I had over 25 scenes!
Secondly, I upgraded to their “starter” package and I was supposed to get 25 assets for free and after adding a few of their video backgrounds, when I went to download my video (after 2 whole days mind you) it said I had to pay for 4 assets that I added and it never notified me when I added it in the first place, so I had to redo all those video parts!!
After speaking to them, they said I could use any video assets but to make sure I check that I can add those cuz the ones I added were unavailable! Then why have those in your library?
I’m still editing the same video and I have to keep playing it from the start every time I make a change or if something shifts, which it often does!
Overall their customer support is good but their app sucks!! Lots of time in editing !
Once the video is ready, you have to upgrade further to have it downloaded in a premium quality.
If you add more characters (more than 4), there is an error message saying that it would hinder the quality of the video.

Dotun K.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Animaker for easy use

Reviewed on 19/1/2021

It's so reliable

Pros

It's so easy to use, and it's results are so fantastic

Cons

The features needs to be increased, so as to achieve a faster results

Response from Animaker

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. The great news as you move to the Enterprise Platform solution there a lot more capabilities, Better Performance, Higher Security, higher quality, Branding, collaboration and much more.

Vusala A.

My experience with Animaker

Reviewed on 11/4/2019

It is my strong view that nowadays support that we get together with the purchased IT product is far more important than the product itself. Because it is the support that gives life to the product and provides value. The level of support I have received from Animaker team has been amazing. These guys are very smart and very helpful and very quick. They have quite a bit of time with me patiently explaining every detail, making me an Animaker guru from a person with literally no IT background. I have managed to produce amazing video content with Animaker and any time I encountered a problem or a bug, Animaker team was right there and right available to fix all the problems for me.

I am received a great value for the money I paid and I am grateful to Animaker team and I highly recommend this product.

Pros

I loved that you do virtually everything in the software. You can animate everything and you can manage the content any way you like. Breakdown by seconds allows you to manage every second of your content

Cons

I think it would be better if a scene would have like 20 to 30 seconds. My view is that 15 seconds too small and may be time consuming.

And I would also love if you could incorporate a feature that helps to animate the characters that we are inserting the way it animates your own characters. For example if I could import my daughters image and could have her move her arm or leg.

It would also be great if we could import a video as well and manage it. For example I have a video of my daughter running, I could insert it to a scene, removed the background and have her run in Animaker's background

Leann W.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Learning Comes to Life!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Makes my presentations engaging and helping students retain and learn new information!

Pros

The pure creativity of Animaker makes presentations and learning fun! All of the features and animation options are endless and make presenting and teaching new information fun!

Cons

Animaker takes some time to learn all of the features and how to implement them in your animations.

Edo M.

Simple and nice on-line software solution for simple and nice animations

Reviewed on 19/10/2017

This is a good solution for any animation that You need (for Your YOUTUBE channel, business presentation, promotional video,...). In short period of time it's possible to make simple and nice animations that are needed. With extra effort it's possible to make something more (student projects in animation for example).

Pros

This is a simple and easy to use web-based solution for short animations. User interface is nice one, clean and simple so user can make it's job efficiently. There are plenty of options regarding design and animations (nice quantity of elements for Your creativity), If needed, extra media elements can be uploaded (photos, music, voice over). Tutorial video is one of best that I saw and I suggest to invest Your time in it.

Cons

Whole software is based on obsolete FLASH technology. Today all new web-browsers by default start with FLASH blocked so this is really strange decision. Have problems working with FIREFOX/WATERFOX. Guidelines are missing and grid can't solve that. Loading can be slow sometimes.

Response from Animaker

Hi Edo Modun, thank you for taking time off to share your review of Animaker. Appreciate the efforts. Please sign up, if not already, at www.animaker.com to receive updates on our soon to be launched HTML 5 platform.

Not for amateurs 🙅🏿

Reviewed on 24/5/2019

On a business point of view, or the do it yourself type, it will work. It gives you what you need, not much I can say about it though, it's functional, just doesn't have that wow factor.

Pros

The free themes, pics, transitions, etc are very well done. It can work with minimal effort (with some exceptions). The quality is good. The animations are good. The support and tip system is good. Basically, nothing truly stood out for me, but it is workable.

Cons

Now don't get me wrong, if you have delved into the animating world, know how to ticker around with software or maybe you're just a quick study, you can find this quite fulfilling, but if you've pulled up on this for the first time, it is really confusing. The software is mediocre for someone like me who has used others.

Natalie W.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Explainer video creation

Reviewed on 17/6/2020

Great software just can be very limiting even when moving into the paid subscriptions.

Pros

The option to use the software for free was what initially caught our eye after looking for software to create engaging visual content, in the main this software offers a great cartoon-like platform to create your visual aids.

Cons

The limited amount of characters available although you can customise them can be a struggle and even when we looked at upgrading the plan to a paid subscription there are still quite a lot of limitations. It can be quite expensive to get a good amount of characters unlocked, maybe they could look at creating an option where you can pick the services you want within your price range, for example we would have prefered characters over customer support.

Emmanuel V.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Useful Product And Best Of Brand Support

Reviewed on 14/8/2020

Awesome, very helpful and full-feature.

Pros

Useful, I found the TTS (text to speech) very useful.
Whenever I needed support Bob was right there and assisted and guided me with ease.
Great that I was able to use Grammarly.

Cons

In some places Animaker isn't intuitive thus needed a few pointers here and there.

Renzo M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Animaker Review

Reviewed on 11/8/2020

Great it can be better but in general Awesome

Pros

How easy was to handle and how easily is get the items

Cons

If I add 1 or more seconds to the video the items didnt group up I had to do it one by one

Ishwarya P.
  • Industry: Banking

Great product and prompt customer service

Reviewed on 30/8/2020

Great

Pros

The product was very easy to use and the service was excellent

Cons

It would've been better if the characters could interact with the properties

Jillian O.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

False and Deceptive Advertising

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

My experience with Animaker has been horrible. I will not only not use this product, I will recommend that others not use it either.

Pros

I was very interested in using this product and recommending it to others until my experience with them led to utter disappointment.

Cons

I bought the product as it was advertized that the watermark would be removed. It isn't removed as advertized. I couldn't use the product and immediately asked for a refund where I was subjected with increasing insulting responses where they would not respond to my concerns.

Shradha S.

Best place to make animated videos.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017

Pros

The stylish pre-designed templates makes it so easy to narrate the entire storyboard to the audience.

Cons

For the best features to be activated, you need to sign up for the premium account. Trial version has limited features.

Response from Animaker

Thank you Shradha Sharma. Appreciate the time and effort taken to share your thoughts. As you might be aware, Animaker offers the world's largest library of animated assets to its subscribers. Please reach out to our support team for any help as you continue to use Animaker for creating exciting videos.

Marie yan xin N.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great for Animations!

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Pros

Drag interface, easy to customise and navigate around.

Cons

I still have some issues loading my animos.

Rodney G.

Poor product; worse business

Reviewed on 27/9/2018

Animaker's product and customer service was so weak I ended up going elsewhere to produce my marketing video.

Pros

Some of the sample videos look amazing.

Cons

Annual plan didn't cover all my needs. Decided not to use the product for my final video after 2 weeks of use. Didn't cancel my annual recurring charge. They didn't email a billing reminder until after the fact and refused my refund (by not responding to my support requests). It seems they don't have enough happy, paying subscribers, so their business model is to essentially "steal" money from as many trial users as possible, even if those users aren't actually using their product.

Beth K.

Great options with the free trial

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

Pros

I just started using Animaker and absolutely love how easy it is to create animated videos as an amateur, especially starting with a template.

Cons

It's hard to track down how to edit some of the graphics/options but the tutorial videos are extremely helpful with navigating that.

Madison H.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Madison's Animaker Review

Reviewed on 9/9/2018

Pros

I love that you can make the avatars do different things.

Cons

I really wish you either didn't have to pay for premium or could pay for individual avatars, etc.

Miguel P.

Excellent for animation videos

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

Pros

- you have access to a lot of pre-made templates
- you can export your video in 720p or 1080p depending on your price plan
- you can use unlimited fonts on your videos

Cons

- you have a limited number of videos you can make per month (depending on your plan)
- its only for animation videos

Emma M.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Animaker is amazing & intuitive

Reviewed on 8/3/2019

Very personal service, quick email responses & clearly a kind company that wants to help its clients in every way possible - thank you so much for your help

Pros

The tutorial at the start is excellent and it is easy to bring it up to check how to do something while creating.
I immediately got to grips with how to use Animaker & had created my own animation within minutes. The bank of resources is huge - and gave me inspiration of what to use in my own animation. The feature of being able to upload your own content, e.g. a logo or graphic, is superb as it allows you to personalise your animation. You can select background colours using CYMK values which was also really useful to match my other graphics. There were lots of music choices to add. I was really happy with the final product & couldn't recommend it more!

Cons

So far, no cons - perhaps the timeline could be expanded/shrunk on command.

Hanna H.

Great product for some niches!

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

Pros

I absolutely loved the idea of creating our own creative advertising videos as well as some internal company educational videos to help with training of new employees. Animaker allows you to try most of its features within a free trial, so when we were getting a subscription we knew what we're getting into :)
It has great functionality and makes it very easy to create your own personalised marketing campaign or even a whole course of e-learning. Also, it makes that possible to edit from any device without downloading any additional pieces of software.

Cons

Due to its amazing functionality, it doesn't always work so fast on small storage devices. In fact, it can sometimes result in page freezing and loosing some of the results. And as for marketing manager, it is really crucial to be able to access it from a small laptop on the go.

Bojan G.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great animation software for a reasonable price. Animaker is easy to use and to learn how to...

Reviewed on 3/5/2018

Easy to use to create promotional videos for your business which can be uploaded on your own website and social media. Helps increase the business visibility and attract new customers as well as employees.

Pros

Choice of scenes and characters
Great customer support
Intuitive software

Cons

I've been using the software for quite a while and there were lapses with the exports, which sometimes took even several hours, up to a day. The issues have been later resolved and now the exports work just fine.

Anca M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to create animated videos

Reviewed on 7/6/2019

I create educational videos to spread ideas that I want to share with other people. I also create intros and outros for tutorials and promotional videos for products and services.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create animated videos and the wide area of characters, animations, objects and backgrounds are available. I also like that there is a music library so I don't have to worry about finding music that I am allowed to use on my videos.

Cons

Sometimes I would like some state or animations of characters that I cannot find and I need to adapt to what is available... but I manage to figure it out anyway.

Denisw M.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Incredibly low-quality and slow flash-based tool

Reviewed on 18/6/2020

Very bad.

Pros

Kind of easy to handle (but must be because Animaker gives you almost no option to adjust the scenes to your needs. All adjustment option are very limited)

Cons

Customer service nonexistent
Didn't get back to me after reaching out in different ways and ignored all of my email. Therefor 24h support probably their biggest marketing lie
Videos look very unprofessional, very childish icons
Animaker runs with flash player with make it very slow and annoying to work with
Scenes can only be full seconds long. There is no function to adjust it for shorter time frames
And so on..
Seriously, don't buy Animaker, you find better options in the same price range

Response from Animaker

Yes the free version is limited. However, as you pay a bit more more features are available, with high performance, high security and 24/7 365 days support

Bethany G.

Can Be Helpful

Reviewed on 19/3/2019

Animaker is a decent solution for people looking to create animated videos. They don't offer stock videos, so it's not for something like that. However, there can be a real benefit in using it to explain services, promote a blog article, etc. We just started using it, but so far the experience has been fine.

Pros

This software does allow you to easily create animated videos that you can share on social media, YouTube, etc. The dashboard is relatively simple to figure out, and there are many different templates you can use.

Cons

It's a bit clunky, and you are limited in the amount of customization you can do. Some of the animations may look cheesy or be slightly off brand because of these limitations.

Melissa F.

Constant problems

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

Not good. Customer service: also not good.

Pros

There is nothing to like about this, because the cons far outweigh the pros

Cons

There are constant problems in using Animaker. I have never gone in to work on a project without some glitch or problem, and since there are limited downloads, I end up wasting my money due to my attempts to fix the problems that Animaker themselves claim to be working on. Nothing ever goes as it is supposed to and some of the default settings on the video templates are counterintuitive. Sometimes you download your video and only then do you realize (too late) that those settings cause things to cut off. It's a huge disappointment for the money I spent.

Response from Animaker

Thank you for trying our free version of Animaker and you are correct it has limitations of what you may create. However, the Enterprise version, which is unlimited downloads, as well as, 24/7 support, increased performance, 4k quality, high security for Companies would have eliminated any of your issues.

Chris D.
  • Industry: Events Services

great functionality and easy to make professional videos

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

Great. It saves us a lot of money now we can make professional videos ourselves

Pros

it's simple, straightforward and offers all the functions needed including lip synchronized text to speech

Cons

It takes time to match the text on the screen with the text to speech audio file.
The timeline is often not detailed enough or ideally if possible there would be a separate text to speech wording timeline