3.8
Lucky griffin N.
Industry: Media Production

Animaker Review

Reviewed on 10/1/2021

My overall experience with animaker has been one with a positive surprise. Aminaker made it possible to internally create content we thought we would have needed to outsorce saving us a signficant amount in operation costs.

Pros

I have been using animaker to create whiteboard explainer videos for marketing and internal presentations. What I like the most about it so far is its ease of use. It is fairly easy to create animation videos in animaker without prior experience in the field. As such, its integration to our organisation was smooth and seamless.

Cons

What I liked the least about animaker is the fact is is only available online. Making it hard or impossible to use when/if their are interuptions to the internet connection.

Mayo G.

This thing sucks

Reviewed on 29/1/2019

Pros

What I like most is that it tells me I can make a movie, but in all I cant. It's not my skills that are bad, though I would say aren't very good, its the program.

Cons

Firstly, it shows that you are limited to the materials that you can use. If you want it then you'll have to pay for it, which I think is normal for a company but still annoying. Second, I am trying to do a project for my science class and so far I've had 3 days to work on it. The first day I was getting used to it and got a little done. The second day I was absent so the third day I needed to work quickly. I opened it up and it said I had to START so all my progress was deleted. The next time I was more careful and left it open in a tab all weekend. A few minutes ago I wanted to work on it and it said I needed to run adobe flash. I did and when I got back on it told me how to start. ALL. MY. PROGRESS. WAS. DELETED. What the h-e- double hockey sticks! I really hope this thing gets fixed because I would like to acTually use it and recommend it to others. DONT GET THIS UNTIL ITS FIXED.

Kimber S.
Company size: Self Employed

Animaker is the only video creator i use

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 26/5/2020

animaker isn't just a great place to make videos, it's also a great place to make some really creative presentations.

Pros

I love that animaker is free and user-friendly. i don't need to make crazy and elaborate videos, but sometimes I do need a tool to make simple little videos. animaker is a great tool for when a regular person like me needs some help making some video content.

Cons

since i am so new to making videos, it would be nice to have a kind of video creator's academy on animaker for people like me.

Response from Animaker

Animaker offers 2 "how to" webinars every week. https://app.animaker.com/webinar

Awesome Service

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 14/5/2020

Pros

You can't imagine how easy it is to use.

Cons

I couldn't find any cons for this software.

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Free and easy animated content creation tool

Reviewed on 13/9/2019

Animaker is one of easiest and resourceful video animation tool can be found on the internet.

Pros

I used Animaker to create an intro video for a project in the institute. After searching for few hours found Animaker which was capable of doing exactly what a intro video needs. In the free trial it has more than enough content to create a beautiful and attractive animation. Animaker also has one of the easiest UI that anyone can learn within few minutes, so anyone who is in a hurry can finish a video within a day even he or she doesn't have any experience with Animaker.

Cons

Free trial only gives real low quality output as the publish product. At least 480p quality for free trial would be great. In addition to that, Animaker is using flash which is deprecated technology.

Industry: Capital Markets

Worst experience with Animaker

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

BAD !

Pros

I'm creating my own website and wanted to create DIY videos. Twice there was a delay in downloading, the third time the downloaded videos have gone into the review and nobody has responded in the last 48 hrs!! I got a form from the Animaker to fill that the download of legit and I even filled that twice over but no response. NADA !!! it wasted my time and my money. stay away.

Cons

the response from the CS team - no support and i cant download my videos.

Austin N.

I used Animaker to create some initial marketing animations for my website.

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

Pros

I loved that everything was done online and via the cloud, made it easily accessible from multiple devices!

Cons

Because it was free, some of the functions were limited, but thankfully it sufficed all my needs at the time.

Amin A.
Industry: Media Production

Amazing in theory, Buggy in practice

Reviewed on 26/10/2019

Hugely valuable. Like canva but for videos. We will keep using this for the long haul, hopeful that they will improve its use.

Pros

Ability to create excellent videos worthy of publishing on Facebook, Youtube, or LinkedIn without the need for a graphic arts education! Lots of great features and easy to pickup.

Cons

It’s just a bit buggy. When you’re actually creating videos, you have to budget 10-15% of extra time to deal with bugs.

Industry: Education Management

Great. But could be better

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

Pros

More often than not, it has what you need to create an animation

Cons

Can’t add background music with voice overs on the same video
Characters and scenery not diverse enough
Actions can be quite stiff

Francine W.
Company size: Self Employed

I'm glad I tried the free version first

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Pros

I like that Animaker supposedly helps people create animated videos for multimedia elements that are used for various projects.

Cons

I've been using this app on my desktop for six hours now. Every time I get between 2-4 slides in, it freezes. Sometimes, if I wait 30 minutes or so, it starts to work again. Other times I have to delete and start over. Well, I'm officially on my sixth restart. I'm done. I'll stick to keynote.

Angel R.
Industry: Law Practice

Not worth in 2019

Reviewed on 20/2/2019

I tried communicating with the team because I was displeased with the service. I got no response. I proceeded to ask for a refund within 24 hours of purchase. To this day, I have not received a single response. Don't offer a refund policy if you are not going to commit to it.

Pros

Templates and a few of the video editing features.

Cons

The graphical user interface feels very outdated and it can be very confusing.

Industry: Information Services

Does not export on demand

Reviewed on 1/10/2018

Pros

Works fine to make an easy animation, but stopt using after 1 try.

Cons

Takes hours to export, not very good when you are trying to work on something.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Devon A.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Simple and basic animation maker

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 26/3/2019

Pros

I like the templates and the ability to drop objects in with ease.

Cons

The UI was a little clunky and there were times I found myself frustrated looking for tools to use and trying to find a window that disappeared.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Emma M.

Animaker is amazing & intuitive

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 8/3/2019

Very personal service, quick email responses & clearly a kind company that wants to help its clients in every way possible - thank you so much for your help

Pros

The tutorial at the start is excellent and it is easy to bring it up to check how to do something while creating.
I immediately got to grips with how to use Animaker & had created my own animation within minutes. The bank of resources is huge - and gave me inspiration of what to use in my own animation. The feature of being able to upload your own content, e.g. a logo or graphic, is superb as it allows you to personalise your animation. You can select background colours using CYMK values which was also really useful to match my other graphics. There were lots of music choices to add. I was really happy with the final product & couldn't recommend it more!

Cons

So far, no cons - perhaps the timeline could be expanded/shrunk on command.

Hanna H.
Industry: Retail

Great product for some niches!

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

Pros

I absolutely loved the idea of creating our own creative advertising videos as well as some internal company educational videos to help with training of new employees. Animaker allows you to try most of its features within a free trial, so when we were getting a subscription we knew what we're getting into :)
It has great functionality and makes it very easy to create your own personalised marketing campaign or even a whole course of e-learning. Also, it makes that possible to edit from any device without downloading any additional pieces of software.

Cons

Due to its amazing functionality, it doesn't always work so fast on small storage devices. In fact, it can sometimes result in page freezing and loosing some of the results. And as for marketing manager, it is really crucial to be able to access it from a small laptop on the go.

Bojan G.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great animation software for a reasonable price. Animaker is easy to use and to learn how to use.

Reviewed on 3/5/2018

Easy to use to create promotional videos for your business which can be uploaded on your own website and social media. Helps increase the business visibility and attract new customers as well as employees.

Pros

Choice of scenes and characters
Great customer support
Intuitive software

Cons

I've been using the software for quite a while and there were lapses with the exports, which sometimes took even several hours, up to a day. The issues have been later resolved and now the exports work just fine.

Anca M.
Industry: E-Learning

Easy to create animated videos

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 7/6/2019

I create educational videos to spread ideas that I want to share with other people. I also create intros and outros for tutorials and promotional videos for products and services.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create animated videos and the wide area of characters, animations, objects and backgrounds are available. I also like that there is a music library so I don't have to worry about finding music that I am allowed to use on my videos.

Cons

Sometimes I would like some state or animations of characters that I cannot find and I need to adapt to what is available... but I manage to figure it out anyway.

Bethany G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Can Be Helpful

Reviewed on 19/3/2019

Animaker is a decent solution for people looking to create animated videos. They don't offer stock videos, so it's not for something like that. However, there can be a real benefit in using it to explain services, promote a blog article, etc. We just started using it, but so far the experience has been fine.

Pros

This software does allow you to easily create animated videos that you can share on social media, YouTube, etc. The dashboard is relatively simple to figure out, and there are many different templates you can use.

Cons

It's a bit clunky, and you are limited in the amount of customization you can do. Some of the animations may look cheesy or be slightly off brand because of these limitations.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Denisw M.
Industry: Research
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Incredibly low-quality and slow flash-based tool

Reviewed on 18/6/2020

Very bad.

Pros

Kind of easy to handle (but must be because Animaker gives you almost no option to adjust the scenes to your needs. All adjustment option are very limited)

Cons

Customer service nonexistent
Didn't get back to me after reaching out in different ways and ignored all of my email. Therefor 24h support probably their biggest marketing lie
Videos look very unprofessional, very childish icons
Animaker runs with flash player with make it very slow and annoying to work with
Scenes can only be full seconds long. There is no function to adjust it for shorter time frames
And so on..
Seriously, don't buy Animaker, you find better options in the same price range

Kevin B.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to use animation tool for non design professionals

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 14/9/2019

Pros

easy to use and received great customer support

Cons

can't yet upload videos but im told that's coming soon

Ash C.

Rating only

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

Marcos G.

A very good online application for anyone to create attractive and modern content in minutes

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Pros

We reviewed this application for our company, since we have the need to publish a large volume of engaging educational videos. After trying it we can say that it is very easy to understand and use, even if you do not have much experience editing. They have very good tutorial videos that teach you how to get the most out of the program.
They also have one of the largest element libraries I've seen. In addition, the illustrations, characters and graphics in general are very cool and impressive.
In relation to competitors, they have practically the same functionalities as the biggest ones, such as the possibility of loading elements from your computer, like images, audios, videos and using them in your edition.

Cons

Not many things to say here... Since its a web application, that works in flash, it depends a lot on the internet connection you have. Additionally, if your equipment is not very modern, it could be annoying to make very complex editions.
In the end we decided on another option due to the characteristics that they had in relation to the price of the offered plans.

Omer S.
Industry: Printing

Amazing Animations and Easy to Use Online Software

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

I simply love it.

Pros

You need not download any kind of software to use this online app. All your data will be saved in your Animaker account. Prices of advanced packages are not so high as compared to some others and the website is extremely userfriendly followed by many online templates which are free to use and edit. Very easy to follow demo instructions. Its really fin to create your own animated character and use them in the ready-made video templates which does not require much editing. You can easily find sample templates and replace the character with your own character or choose one from the available characters.

Cons

Right now the software is new and does not have so many templates and character animations. But it is being updated very fast and variety of many more templates and animated video categories are being introduced now. The second issue is the video preparing and processing takes too much time and original created video inside the editor colors are a little bit different if compared to the processed video.

Simon L.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great customer service

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

I had a positive experience with Animaker and would certainly use it again.

Pros

For the creation process, I really didn't notice this software was only in beta. I had a great time creating my project, and I think the options for the free trial are already extensive. As I'm a student, I currently won't have a lot of use for this software, but when I graduate and I can use your product, I'll certainly recommend this. As the waiting time was quite long, I was also helped by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from customer service. They were really kind, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] fixed my problem within an hour of my communication. They deserve a raise! ;)

Cons

The processing time was extensive. This is only normal though, as it's still in beta. I have nothing more to add, my experience with this software was just positive!

Sabrina M.
Industry: Market Research

I did an amazing video resume with Animaker

Reviewed on 1/4/2019

The software is very easy to use, otherwise, you have lots of tutorials, helping you using it. Moreover, they have great basics videos that you can use in case you're running out of creativity. You can create amazing things, videos.. with the software they have lots of logos, pictures, backgrounds, etc. Oh yeah before I forgot they have amazing customer service ! At each email I sent they answered in the following minute.

Pros

Cons

The only cons is that we can't upload videos on the video we're creating, I had to use another software for that. Sometimes the software is lagging so I had to change my navigator several times, but it's no big deal it's worth it.