Animaker

DIY video creation suite for enterprises

3.8/5
4.1/5
4.2/5
4.1/5

Hossamudin
  • Industry: Higher Education

A great animation maker, but expensive.

Reviewed on 11/5/2022

Excellent

Pros

How easy it is to add a character, a nice text, then add animation for a high quality presentation/Explainer video in minutes.

Cons

Again, the price! I wish they could offer a good plan for educational purposes at lower prices.

Asher
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

A user who enjoys the product

Reviewed on 10/8/2022

As a producer of marketing videos for our business, my experience is very pleasant and good with the product. I feel that the use of the software is very simple and clear, there is a very large variety of templates, figures and other tools that I can incorporate into the products I develop in the software.

Pros

A variety of built-in options that enable fast and high-quality creation

Cons

The software is easy to use but could be easier if you could edit the timeline by layers

Vyond and PowToon

Reasons for Switching to Animaker

The graphic style suited the needs of the organization
Wayde
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

They renewed my subscription without my permission.

Reviewed on 2/10/2022

The company renewed my subscription without any prior notification to inform me of the renweal period coming up, they also charged my card for a year.
When I reached out to resolve the issue, they went silent and did not reapond.
Their online chat support is flaky and no one responds despite the system saying that you will get an email in minutes.

Pros

Customisable characters. Although most of them are white or stereotyped people of colour.

Cons

Searching for character emotions was challenging.

Response from Animaker

Hi Wayde,

We have cross-checked, and our support team has reached out to you about the refund inquiry.

I kindly request you check your inbox or spam folder, and you would have received an email from "[email protected]" you can also reply to the same email for further questions.

Thanks,
Team Animaker

maYo

This thing sucks

Reviewed on 29/1/2019

Pros

What I like most is that it tells me I can make a movie, but in all I cant. It's not my skills that are bad, though I would say aren't very good, its the program.

Cons

Firstly, it shows that you are limited to the materials that you can use. If you want it then you'll have to pay for it, which I think is normal for a company but still annoying. Second, I am trying to do a project for my science class and so far I've had 3 days to work on it. The first day I was getting used to it and got a little done. The second day I was absent so the third day I needed to work quickly. I opened it up and it said I had to START so all my progress was deleted. The next time I was more careful and left it open in a tab all weekend. A few minutes ago I wanted to work on it and it said I needed to run adobe flash. I did and when I got back on it told me how to start. ALL. MY. PROGRESS. WAS. DELETED. What the h-e- double hockey sticks! I really hope this thing gets fixed because I would like to acTually use it and recommend it to others. DONT GET THIS UNTIL ITS FIXED.

umukoro
  • Industry: Animation

Awesome to use

Reviewed on 18/8/2022

It makes my work very fast and I haven't for once disappointed my clients

Pros

I love Animaker interface, videos Quality, Transition, speed of app while using

Cons

Haven't discovered any uncomfortable part of the app since past few months that I have been using it so for now is it wonderful

Karma
  • Industry: Printing

A good source of for creation simple animation videos that don't rely on characters

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Pros

Animaker has an easy to understand user interface and built in guidance for quick start up. Their TTS has lipsync with saves a lot of time and headache. The free plan is not a wasteland of basic features, but rather gives you access to nealry all they offer with the biggest limitations to exporting options. The tiered plans are reasonable for a wide range of users.

Cons

From what I understand, Animaker used to have many character options. And while it seems they are heading in that direction over time, for now you are lmited to humans and a monkey all in the same smooth 3D style. The customization is pretty endless, though, so you can carve out a certain look with effort.

Omer
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Animaker Review for Animation

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

I want a video for some video ad so i found almost all tools to make the video for my company.

Pros

Very easy to use and more powerful with a lot of tools.

Cons

I guess more features should be integrated in this tools so that wide audience could use it.Secondly free trial period should not be for students.

Shelly
  • Industry: Insurance

Video animation made easy

Reviewed on 2/10/2022

My overall experience has been very amazing with animaker, very helpful to me for making animated videos, and it has filled all my needs.

Pros

Animmaker allows me to make amazing animated videos with just drag and drop, which is great. They have amazing templates which I can easily use and can save time.

Cons

They have a great premium version that gives you a lot of flexibility in making videos as you wish. Moreover, you cannot do much in the free version since it has limitations.

N i
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Positive review about Animaker

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Its overall experience is good.

Pros

I like its animation and transition feature the most.

Cons

Its features play a great role in creating an animation. So I didn't find anything to dislike about it.

Tim

So far the best I have found!

Reviewed on 24/2/2021

I am a foreign language educator and while we are doing quite a bit of distance learning this is coming in very handy to help students understand the short stories and vocabulary I need them to learn/comprehend. Overall I am much happier with this software than the others I have used mostly because it is much easier to have my characters do exactly what I want them to do without having to rewrite my script to match what is available. There are still a few adjustments that need to be made but it is much easier than before. I am anxious to finally have the paid version so I have even more options.

Pros

I really like that the characters have LOTS of different movement options. I love that I can create my own characters as well with all kinds of options. I also like that some of the extra images also have some default movements. I found it to be very fast in exporting and you don't have to wait while it exports. You can do other things. Having the text to speech built right in is a plus. Other software packages that I have used don't offer nearly the amount of options.

Cons

The tutorials could be a little more clear. It has a bit of a learning curve. I wish the animal characters were available on the regular version. I also wish it had an offline version so I could continue to work while away from internet. I wish the text to speech had more voice options and that they sounded a little more human. I am still operating on the free version. Perhaps they are better after paying.

Ayesha

Animated Videos Made With Ease.

Reviewed on 21/8/2022

Right now, animated videos attract all kinds of consumers. The platform offers resources for creating top-notch animated commercials and promotional videos. It is direct and to the point. Despite its shortcomings, it is capable of producing a captivating animated video.

Pros

The platform has a highly intuitive user interface. Any beginner may produce engaging animation material for customers. The library has enough media to create a video in a matter of minutes. The result is phenomenal for entertainment or instructional materials.

Cons

Without a doubt, the cost is a concern. Along with expanding the functionality, the library has to grow as well. Although it still needs improvement in many areas, it is an excellent platform for producing animated videos.

Josiah

Animaker gives everything Powtoon offers... for a better price

Reviewed on 18/11/2017

Animaker makes it easy to create a flashy, engaging presentation that attracts young and old viewers alike. Creative transitions and stylistic graphics enhance the final product.

Pros

Animaker is the equivalent of how Powtoon was a couple years back. The interface and functionality isn't state-of-the-art, but it gets the job done. The tool enables creators to easily create engaging presentations/videos in a short amount of time. Their specialty is cartoon-themed presentations. Unlike Powtoon, Animaker allows users to actually export their video without upgrading, although it will include a watermark. This is far better than Powtoon's solution, which is to let creators create a stunning video, and then tell them they have to upgrade to download it.

Cons

While Animaker is great for the most part, there are some negatives. Transitions aren't seamless - they can be a bit disorienting at times. Also, the preset themes aren't the best. Finally, the site is pretty heavy with graphics, so a slow computer may not be able to handle it. Those are the only negatives I can think of at the moment. Overall, Animaker delivers, even if it's not been updated as recently as Powtoon, its major competitor. Just be aware that in order to produce a high-quality, polished creation, you're going to need to upgrade.

Response from Animaker

Hello Josiah Aviles, this is Val Subbaiah from Animaker, Inc. How are you? Thank you for taking time off to share your thoughts on Animaker.

As you might be aware, Animaker has the largest library of assets to help our subscribers use them to create exciting videos. On an ongoing basis, we keep building this library of assets.

Yesterday we launched over 40 new transitions to help our users. Armed with these effects, you can now make awesome videos with butter smooth transitions.

To know more about these new effects, please visit https://blog.animaker.com/new-transition-effects

Animaker is on a mission to make video making exciting, user friendly and extremely easy. Please keep the feedback coming. Request you to try the new transition effects and share your feedback on the same.

Thank you for your valuable time and with warm regards,

Val Subbaiah | Animaker, Inc | [email protected]

Vusala

My experience with Animaker

Reviewed on 11/4/2019

It is my strong view that nowadays support that we get together with the purchased IT product is far more important than the product itself. Because it is the support that gives life to the product and provides value. The level of support I have received from Animaker team has been amazing. These guys are very smart and very helpful and very quick. They have quite a bit of time with me patiently explaining every detail, making me an Animaker guru from a person with literally no IT background. I have managed to produce amazing video content with Animaker and any time I encountered a problem or a bug, Animaker team was right there and right available to fix all the problems for me.

I am received a great value for the money I paid and I am grateful to Animaker team and I highly recommend this product.

Pros

I loved that you do virtually everything in the software. You can animate everything and you can manage the content any way you like. Breakdown by seconds allows you to manage every second of your content

Cons

I think it would be better if a scene would have like 20 to 30 seconds. My view is that 15 seconds too small and may be time consuming.

And I would also love if you could incorporate a feature that helps to animate the characters that we are inserting the way it animates your own characters. For example if I could import my daughters image and could have her move her arm or leg.

It would also be great if we could import a video as well and manage it. For example I have a video of my daughter running, I could insert it to a scene, removed the background and have her run in Animaker's background

Carly
  • Industry: Research

Experience with Animaker

Reviewed on 7/6/2021

Pros

The wide range of animations and customization is very useful to me.

Cons

There are a number of bugs I have come across in this software, especially related to rendering. It is not uncommon for the "published" video to be different from what I see in editor mode, which is extremely frustrating. When I download my video, I always have to watch it through again to see if there were any rendering errors. This is not a positive experience for me. I also have issues sharing a video with collaborators via link (rather than email). I have also found that the search function for animations is not very accurate. There are not enough tags associated with each animation. When I scroll through all the animations at once, I often find ones that I would have liked to use but they did not come up in my query. While customer service is very responsive to issues I come across, I would prefer not to have these bugs and issues in the first place.

Praburam
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Create videos in a jiffy

Reviewed on 8/6/2021

Pros

I'm a marketer by profession and I always have a tough time working with designers. Animaker made non-professional video editors like me produce studio quality videos with it's simple DIY video editor. Animaker will be my go-to tool for anything videos.

Cons

Rendering time can be improved. Animated asset collections can be improved.

Vyond, PowToon and Kapwing
Vanessa

Amazing product, even better customer service

Reviewed on 25/5/2020

What surprised me the most was the incredible customer service they offer. I submitted a ticket with a question, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answered within 5 minutes. I got my question answered ind depth, but a few minutes later I had another question, which he answered as promptly as the first time. He included links to make sure I got all my questions answered and he even went out of the way and created a video showing me on his screen how to do exactly what I needed help understanding how to do. Honestly, I have never had this level of customer service from a software company, EVER. I use several subscription services for my work and I am just so pleasantly surprised about the level of care that this company provides its users. So happy and thankful! Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

What draw me to Animaker initially was the vast number of different characters, expressions and movements. I have purchased other animation products in the past and Animaker is by fat the most extensive. It is also easy to use.

Cons

It took me a minute to get used to the software, but once you spend a few minutes trying to figure out it's actually very easy.

Ram

One stop solution for all content creation

Reviewed on 30/1/2022

Good, Surely I will recommend this product

Pros

1. All tools in one place
2. Cost is reasonable for the feature they provide.

Cons

Technical expertise is required not easy as they advertise.

Lumen5

Reasons for Choosing Animaker

Because of more feature

InVideo

Reasons for Switching to Animaker

Because of additional features
RONI

Animaker ... creativity at your fingertips

Reviewed on 20/7/2021

I was able to complete all the tasks in a quick time, so I can suggest them to others. It's great software even though it's a page.

Pros

the program is very easy to use, the creation and production are up to the examples that the system has. I'm very happy with the time I gained in creating and producing my work, I can only thank you for that.

Cons

There are a lot of flaws in this software that I've discovered, most of which are connected to rendering. It's pretty uncommon for the "published" video to change significantly from what I see in editor mode, which is incredibly inconvenient. I always have to watch my video twice after downloading it to make sure there were no rendering mistakes.For me, this has not been a pleasant experience. I've also discovered that the animation search option isn't particularly accurate. Each animation has an insufficient number of tags. When I scroll through all of the animations at once, I frequently come across ones that I would like to utilize but which did not appear in my search.While customer support is quick to respond to any problems I have, I'd rather not have these bugs and difficulties in the first place.

Marcos

A very good online application for anyone to create attractive and modern content in minutes

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Pros

We reviewed this application for our company, since we have the need to publish a large volume of engaging educational videos. After trying it we can say that it is very easy to understand and use, even if you do not have much experience editing. They have very good tutorial videos that teach you how to get the most out of the program.
They also have one of the largest element libraries I've seen. In addition, the illustrations, characters and graphics in general are very cool and impressive.
In relation to competitors, they have practically the same functionalities as the biggest ones, such as the possibility of loading elements from your computer, like images, audios, videos and using them in your edition.

Cons

Not many things to say here... Since its a web application, that works in flash, it depends a lot on the internet connection you have. Additionally, if your equipment is not very modern, it could be annoying to make very complex editions.
In the end we decided on another option due to the characteristics that they had in relation to the price of the offered plans.

Ian
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Used for 1+ year

Invest in premium versions to get the best out of Animaker

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

While the software was very good and worked well I feel that after doing a few animations you may quickly use up the suite of objects before all your videos start looking the same. Either that or i need more imagination.

Pros

It's very easy to use and you can create quick and simple animations very easily
great for corporate videos
web based so you can collaborate with people in different locations

Cons

There are various payment levels, but even with some of the paid versions the number of objects available was a bit ungenerous

Xorla
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

I didn't expect it to be as easy as it was

Reviewed on 23/9/2021

I only first tried out Animaker to sketch out my script and concept before handing it out to a professional animator to create an explainer video for our new website. 5 hours later, I had an extremely great-looking video to share with our marketing team for review. Thanks to Animaker, I had the freedom to fully explore my thoughts without the limitation of having to explain it to someone else to execute. Oh, and it saved our budget as well.

Pros

As a first-time animator, I really didn't know what to expect. I figured it would take me stitching together a thousand micro actions to create just one motion or scene. To my surprise, the library had countless well thought out pre-made micro scenes that allowed me to develop all my story portions with extreme ease and in the shortest possible time. I love using it.

Cons

Editing pre-made templates can be a little exhaustive. I wish there was a way you only had to replace a character once and have it replicated in all other subsequent scenes.

Gillian
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 1-5 months

Waste of time !!!

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

To sum it up, this app is expensive, time consuming and with a whole lot of restrictions. If someone’s subscribed to a monthly fee, they should have access to all the features and something has to be done about how slow it is when you have to preview every scene!

Pros

I’m still waiting for my video to be exported.

Cons

This is the worst software ever! It’s a complete waste of time..Unlike other softwares I’ve used, this took me more than a minute literally to edit each scene and I had over 25 scenes!
Secondly, I upgraded to their “starter” package and I was supposed to get 25 assets for free and after adding a few of their video backgrounds, when I went to download my video (after 2 whole days mind you) it said I had to pay for 4 assets that I added and it never notified me when I added it in the first place, so I had to redo all those video parts!!
After speaking to them, they said I could use any video assets but to make sure I check that I can add those cuz the ones I added were unavailable! Then why have those in your library?
I’m still editing the same video and I have to keep playing it from the start every time I make a change or if something shifts, which it often does!
Overall their customer support is good but their app sucks!! Lots of time in editing !
Once the video is ready, you have to upgrade further to have it downloaded in a premium quality.
If you add more characters (more than 4), there is an error message saying that it would hinder the quality of the video.

Uri
  • Industry: Legal Services

Lack of Diversity

Reviewed on 8/3/2021

My overall experience has been good with Animaker. But if it cannot up its game by expanding its character generation options, I may have to choose another product. That's a shame because it really does have some cool features.

Pros

I really like Animaker as an animation hobbyist. There are a variety of actions and expressions you can use for your characters. When I've presented my animations to family members and friends, they've really liked and complimented them.

Cons

As was mentioned previously, I don't like that it's only available online. But, my HUGEST complaint is Animaker's lack of diversity for Black/African-Americans' natural hairstyles. My animations are based on real people. And as a Black woman with Black family members and friends, it's frustrating that I cannot do animations that reflect how we look in real life. I also don't like that there are no character generator options for children. The kids in my family and my friends' kids LOVE seeing themselves in cartoons.

bimal
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Animaker review

Reviewed on 30/5/2021

My overall experience with Animaker is good. Because I can easily make cool animation video in minutes for my business. Which is great to generate leads and sale.

Pros

Animaker is the best online animation designing software. Anyone can make an eye-catching animation in under 10 minutes. You don't need any knowledge about this software. Just log in and start making an awesome animation video. They have tons of template which can help you to make video fast. It is easy to add characters, add voiceovers to characters. You also can make GIF. I am using this in my business to ads on youtube, Facebook and getting great lead and sale.

Cons

I don't find any cons here. Why well it is the best animation software in the market.

LeAnn
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Learning Comes to Life!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Makes my presentations engaging and helping students retain and learn new information!

Pros

The pure creativity of Animaker makes presentations and learning fun! All of the features and animation options are endless and make presenting and teaching new information fun!

Cons

Animaker takes some time to learn all of the features and how to implement them in your animations.