Animaker

DIY video creation suite for enterprises

3.8/5

Lucky griffin N.
  • Industry: Media Production

Animaker Review

Reviewed on 10/1/2021

My overall experience with animaker has been one with a positive surprise. Aminaker made it possible to internally create content we thought we would have needed to outsorce saving us a signficant amount in operation costs.

Pros

I have been using animaker to create whiteboard explainer videos for marketing and internal presentations. What I like the most about it so far is its ease of use. It is fairly easy to create animation videos in animaker without prior experience in the field. As such, its integration to our organisation was smooth and seamless.

Cons

What I liked the least about animaker is the fact is is only available online. Making it hard or impossible to use when/if their are interuptions to the internet connection.

Mayo G.

This thing sucks

Reviewed on 29/1/2019

Pros

What I like most is that it tells me I can make a movie, but in all I cant. It's not my skills that are bad, though I would say aren't very good, its the program.

Cons

Firstly, it shows that you are limited to the materials that you can use. If you want it then you'll have to pay for it, which I think is normal for a company but still annoying. Second, I am trying to do a project for my science class and so far I've had 3 days to work on it. The first day I was getting used to it and got a little done. The second day I was absent so the third day I needed to work quickly. I opened it up and it said I had to START so all my progress was deleted. The next time I was more careful and left it open in a tab all weekend. A few minutes ago I wanted to work on it and it said I needed to run adobe flash. I did and when I got back on it told me how to start. ALL. MY. PROGRESS. WAS. DELETED. What the h-e- double hockey sticks! I really hope this thing gets fixed because I would like to acTually use it and recommend it to others. DONT GET THIS UNTIL ITS FIXED.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Animated video making software

Reviewed on 27/2/2021

Pros

After making few videos I have figures out that this tool is we based and can only be access through internet. It is the platform that allows your to make good quality animated videos. In free version I had access to different options, features and function.

Cons

This tool does not allows you to make your own templates or characters for animation. It provides built-in character and templates which user have to choose from.

Roni A.

Animaker ... creativity at your fingertips

Reviewed on 20/7/2021

I was able to complete all the tasks in a quick time, so I can suggest them to others. It's great software even though it's a page.

Pros

the program is very easy to use, the creation and production are up to the examples that the system has. I'm very happy with the time I gained in creating and producing my work, I can only thank you for that.

Cons

There are a lot of flaws in this software that I've discovered, most of which are connected to rendering. It's pretty uncommon for the "published" video to change significantly from what I see in editor mode, which is incredibly inconvenient. I always have to watch my video twice after downloading it to make sure there were no rendering mistakes.For me, this has not been a pleasant experience. I've also discovered that the animation search option isn't particularly accurate. Each animation has an insufficient number of tags. When I scroll through all of the animations at once, I frequently come across ones that I would like to utilize but which did not appear in my search.While customer support is quick to respond to any problems I have, I'd rather not have these bugs and difficulties in the first place.

Amy S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

User-friendly software that is fun to create with!

Reviewed on 8/9/2021

This software makes your creative navigation simple with tutorials when you need them. Lots of
usable graphics and backgrounds available to give that extra touch to your videos, as well!

Pros

Aside from the convenience of the features and navigation, customer service was top-notch.

Cons

I did notice a little bit of lagging when formatting my video. Nothing too severe, but something to
take note of.

Kimber S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Animaker is the only video creator i use

Reviewed on 26/5/2020

animaker isn't just a great place to make videos, it's also a great place to make some really creative presentations.

Pros

I love that animaker is free and user-friendly. i don't need to make crazy and elaborate videos, but sometimes I do need a tool to make simple little videos. animaker is a great tool for when a regular person like me needs some help making some video content.

Cons

since i am so new to making videos, it would be nice to have a kind of video creator's academy on animaker for people like me.

Response from Animaker

Animaker offers 2 "how to" webinars every week. https://app.animaker.com/webinar

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Used for Free Trial

Free and easy animated content creation tool

Reviewed on 13/9/2019

Animaker is one of easiest and resourceful video animation tool can be found on the internet.

Pros

I used Animaker to create an intro video for a project in the institute. After searching for few hours found Animaker which was capable of doing exactly what a intro video needs. In the free trial it has more than enough content to create a beautiful and attractive animation. Animaker also has one of the easiest UI that anyone can learn within few minutes, so anyone who is in a hurry can finish a video within a day even he or she doesn't have any experience with Animaker.

Cons

Free trial only gives real low quality output as the publish product. At least 480p quality for free trial would be great. In addition to that, Animaker is using flash which is deprecated technology.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Awesome Service

Reviewed on 14/5/2020

Pros

You can't imagine how easy it is to use.

Cons

I couldn't find any cons for this software.

• Industry: Capital Markets

Worst experience with Animaker

Reviewed on 2/6/2020

BAD !

Pros

I'm creating my own website and wanted to create DIY videos. Twice there was a delay in downloading, the third time the downloaded videos have gone into the review and nobody has responded in the last 48 hrs!! I got a form from the Animaker to fill that the download of legit and I even filled that twice over but no response. NADA !!! it wasted my time and my money. stay away.

Cons

the response from the CS team - no support and i cant download my videos.

Siti nazzatul A.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Best Software For Animation-Making

Reviewed on 18/11/2021

I LOVE IT! What I love the most is Customer Service/Support. They are very helpful and ready to help. I felt hopeless yesterday as my work is lost (my mistake), and then they solve my problem very quickly. Good Job Animaker Team.

Pros

I really love the actions of the animations, like we can move a character from one point to another. It makes my animation lively and fun. And yes, it is very useful for animation assignments.

Cons

For me, I dislike it whenever I want to confirm whether the text fits the voice, I need to watch the whole scene. It's taking too much time if the scene is about 40 seconds.

Austin N.

I used Animaker to create some initial marketing animations for my website.

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

Pros

I loved that everything was done online and via the cloud, made it easily accessible from multiple devices!

Cons

Because it was free, some of the functions were limited, but thankfully it sufficed all my needs at the time.

Amin A.
  • Industry: Media Production

Amazing in theory, Buggy in practice

Reviewed on 26/10/2019

Hugely valuable. Like canva but for videos. We will keep using this for the long haul, hopeful that they will improve its use.

Pros

Ability to create excellent videos worthy of publishing on Facebook, Youtube, or LinkedIn without the need for a graphic arts education! Lots of great features and easy to pickup.

Cons

It’s just a bit buggy. When you’re actually creating videos, you have to budget 10-15% of extra time to deal with bugs.

Great. But could be better

Reviewed on 5/3/2019

Pros

More often than not, it has what you need to create an animation

Cons

Can’t add background music with voice overs on the same video
Characters and scenery not diverse enough
Actions can be quite stiff

Francine W.
  • Used for Free Trial

I'm glad I tried the free version first

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Pros

I like that Animaker supposedly helps people create animated videos for multimedia elements that are used for various projects.

Cons

I've been using this app on my desktop for six hours now. Every time I get between 2-4 slides in, it freezes. Sometimes, if I wait 30 minutes or so, it starts to work again. Other times I have to delete and start over. Well, I'm officially on my sixth restart. I'm done. I'll stick to keynote.

Angel R.
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used for 1-5 months

Not worth in 2019

Reviewed on 20/2/2019

I tried communicating with the team because I was displeased with the service. I got no response. I proceeded to ask for a refund within 24 hours of purchase. To this day, I have not received a single response. Don't offer a refund policy if you are not going to commit to it.

Pros

Templates and a few of the video editing features.

Cons

The graphical user interface feels very outdated and it can be very confusing.

• Industry: Information Services
  • Used for 1-5 months

Does not export on demand

Reviewed on 1/10/2018

Pros

Works fine to make an easy animation, but stopt using after 1 try.

Cons

Takes hours to export, not very good when you are trying to work on something.

Jiaqi L.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

review

Reviewed on 27/7/2021

It is good.

Pros

It is good software with useful functions and features.

Cons

The speed to export the video can be improved.

Devon A.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Simple and basic animation maker

Reviewed on 26/3/2019

Pros

I like the templates and the ability to drop objects in with ease.

Cons

The UI was a little clunky and there were times I found myself frustrated looking for tools to use and trying to find a window that disappeared.

Xorla A.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

I didn't expect it to be as easy as it was

Reviewed on 23/9/2021

I only first tried out Animaker to sketch out my script and concept before handing it out to a professional animator to create an explainer video for our new website. 5 hours later, I had an extremely great-looking video to share with our marketing team for review. Thanks to Animaker, I had the freedom to fully explore my thoughts without the limitation of having to explain it to someone else to execute. Oh, and it saved our budget as well.

Pros

As a first-time animator, I really didn't know what to expect. I figured it would take me stitching together a thousand micro actions to create just one motion or scene. To my surprise, the library had countless well thought out pre-made micro scenes that allowed me to develop all my story portions with extreme ease and in the shortest possible time. I love using it.

Cons

Editing pre-made templates can be a little exhaustive. I wish there was a way you only had to replace a character once and have it replicated in all other subsequent scenes.

Marcos G.

A very good online application for anyone to create attractive and modern content in minutes

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Pros

We reviewed this application for our company, since we have the need to publish a large volume of engaging educational videos. After trying it we can say that it is very easy to understand and use, even if you do not have much experience editing. They have very good tutorial videos that teach you how to get the most out of the program.
They also have one of the largest element libraries I've seen. In addition, the illustrations, characters and graphics in general are very cool and impressive.
In relation to competitors, they have practically the same functionalities as the biggest ones, such as the possibility of loading elements from your computer, like images, audios, videos and using them in your edition.

Cons

Not many things to say here... Since its a web application, that works in flash, it depends a lot on the internet connection you have. Additionally, if your equipment is not very modern, it could be annoying to make very complex editions.
In the end we decided on another option due to the characteristics that they had in relation to the price of the offered plans.

Josiah A.

Animaker gives everything Powtoon offers... for a better price

Reviewed on 18/11/2017

Animaker makes it easy to create a flashy, engaging presentation that attracts young and old viewers alike. Creative transitions and stylistic graphics enhance the final product.

Pros

Animaker is the equivalent of how Powtoon was a couple years back. The interface and functionality isn't state-of-the-art, but it gets the job done. The tool enables creators to easily create engaging presentations/videos in a short amount of time. Their specialty is cartoon-themed presentations. Unlike Powtoon, Animaker allows users to actually export their video without upgrading, although it will include a watermark. This is far better than Powtoon's solution, which is to let creators create a stunning video, and then tell them they have to upgrade to download it.

Cons

While Animaker is great for the most part, there are some negatives. Transitions aren't seamless - they can be a bit disorienting at times. Also, the preset themes aren't the best. Finally, the site is pretty heavy with graphics, so a slow computer may not be able to handle it. Those are the only negatives I can think of at the moment. Overall, Animaker delivers, even if it's not been updated as recently as Powtoon, its major competitor. Just be aware that in order to produce a high-quality, polished creation, you're going to need to upgrade.

Response from Animaker

Hello Josiah Aviles, this is Val Subbaiah from Animaker, Inc. How are you? Thank you for taking time off to share your thoughts on Animaker.

As you might be aware, Animaker has the largest library of assets to help our subscribers use them to create exciting videos. On an ongoing basis, we keep building this library of assets.

Yesterday we launched over 40 new transitions to help our users. Armed with these effects, you can now make awesome videos with butter smooth transitions.

To know more about these new effects, please visit https://blog.animaker.com/new-transition-effects

Animaker is on a mission to make video making exciting, user friendly and extremely easy. Please keep the feedback coming. Request you to try the new transition effects and share your feedback on the same.

Thank you for your valuable time and with warm regards,

Val Subbaiah | Animaker, Inc | [email protected]

Ian S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Used for 1+ year

Invest in premium versions to get the best out of Animaker

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

While the software was very good and worked well I feel that after doing a few animations you may quickly use up the suite of objects before all your videos start looking the same. Either that or i need more imagination.

Pros

It's very easy to use and you can create quick and simple animations very easily
great for corporate videos
web based so you can collaborate with people in different locations

Cons

There are various payment levels, but even with some of the paid versions the number of objects available was a bit ungenerous

Uri R.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Lack of Diversity

Reviewed on 8/3/2021

My overall experience has been good with Animaker. But if it cannot up its game by expanding its character generation options, I may have to choose another product. That's a shame because it really does have some cool features.

Pros

I really like Animaker as an animation hobbyist. There are a variety of actions and expressions you can use for your characters. When I've presented my animations to family members and friends, they've really liked and complimented them.

Cons

As was mentioned previously, I don't like that it's only available online. But, my HUGEST complaint is Animaker's lack of diversity for Black/African-Americans' natural hairstyles. My animations are based on real people. And as a Black woman with Black family members and friends, it's frustrating that I cannot do animations that reflect how we look in real life. I also don't like that there are no character generator options for children. The kids in my family and my friends' kids LOVE seeing themselves in cartoons.

Omer S.
  • Industry: Printing

Amazing Animations and Easy to Use Online Software

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

I simply love it.

Pros

You need not download any kind of software to use this online app. All your data will be saved in your Animaker account. Prices of advanced packages are not so high as compared to some others and the website is extremely userfriendly followed by many online templates which are free to use and edit. Very easy to follow demo instructions. Its really fin to create your own animated character and use them in the ready-made video templates which does not require much editing. You can easily find sample templates and replace the character with your own character or choose one from the available characters.

Cons

Right now the software is new and does not have so many templates and character animations. But it is being updated very fast and variety of many more templates and animated video categories are being introduced now. The second issue is the video preparing and processing takes too much time and original created video inside the editor colors are a little bit different if compared to the processed video.

• Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simple to use & Extremely useful

Reviewed on 15/9/2018

Pros

Lot of characters, animations, props. You can almost create anything you want. Customer support was very helpful.
Especially Infographics, Whiteboard animations are world class. We almost use Animaker for all our social campaigns.

Cons

There are few app regulations need to be followed as a User to have a good video making experience. If we follow that Animaker will give you a better experience. Especially like Quality settings & GPU settings so you can avoid lag.

Also waiting for the Enterprise version to use the app with our whole team.